PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker almost lost his eye, much worse injury than thought

StateOfMind12
06-27-2012, 09:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/tony-parker-now-says-almost-lost-eye-drake-205635106--oly.html

San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker revealed that the extent of the left-eye injury he sustained is much, much worse than he originally thought, could be serious enough to keep him from representing France in next month's 2012 London Olympics, and has the Spurs "very worried" about his future.

The Spurs point guard said subsequent tests revealed that a piece of glass "had penetrated 99 percent of [his] left eye," and that doctors told him he "almost lost his eye."

"A translation of the interview follows the jump:
Tony, how's your eye a week after your return to France? It seems there are some complications ...

It's true, it's not going as I had imagined. When I gave my press conference last Friday after passing through the emergency department after getting off the plane, I did not think it would be so serious. I had additional tests on Friday afternoon and [they] found a piece of glass that had penetrated 99 percent of my left eye. I can say today, I almost lost my eye. So I had surgery on Sunday morning under general anesthesia. That's why I stayed in Paris instead of joining the team of France in Pau on June 20 as I had announced."

stallionaire
06-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Hang Chris Brown and Drake... (im black btw lol... not like that)

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Chris Brown bringing another black eye to the entertainment industry. :facepalm

BlackVVaves
06-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Still can't believe that shit. Rihanna must have voo-doo in that p u s s y, these guys be doing the most. Drake caught holding her hand in the club. Meek Millz catching feelings on Twitter.

All while Parker got a ****ed up eye, and Rihanna at the crib tweeting out "lol"s :oldlol:

DuMa
06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
man that is so scary... losing an eye. you will still be alive but everything you see will now be screwed up. depth perception is gone in a flash of an eye. your whole career is gone.

RazorBaLade
06-27-2012, 09:20 PM
or he milkin it to get that 20 mil lawsuit

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
or he milkin it to get that 20 mil lawsuit

Yeah, Parker's hurting for money these days.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Still can't believe that shit. Rihanna must have voo-doo in that p u s s y, these guys be doing the most. Drake caught holding her hand in the club. Meek Millz catching feelings on Twitter.

All while Parker got a ****ed up eye, and Rihanna at the crib tweeting out "lol"s :oldlol:

:roll: yea she's a hardcore slut probably who's easy.

BlackVVaves
06-27-2012, 09:29 PM
:roll: yea she's a hardcore slut probably who's easy.

Hope I run into her one day. I'll tell you one thing - I won't be the one catching something in the eye :banana: :lol

Horde of Temujin
06-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Rihanna is aight, I dont see it. Those guys can pull way finer girls than her.

Alamo
06-27-2012, 09:38 PM
First, he takes Rihanna from me, then, he takes out Tony Parker. I'm going to kill this Chris Brown bastard! :mad: Who's with me?

RRR3
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
First, he takes Rihanna from me, then, he takes out Tony Parker. I'm going to kill this Chris Brown bastard! :mad: Who's with me?
I'm with you in spirit! Good luck, Alamo! :rockon: If you get shot, I'll make a thread in your honor

TSFP
06-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Rihanna is aight, I dont see it. Those guys can pull way finer girls than her.

Totally agree!

keep-itreal
06-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow..hope he recovers from this.

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:58 PM

Good black p u s s y is hard to find. I dont blame these dudes, Rihanna got a hot body.

jbot
06-27-2012, 09:58 PM
i can't stand rihanna and this just makes it worse. as soon as the first couple of bottles went flying, i would have jetted.

blacknapalm
06-27-2012, 10:03 PM
i can't stand rihanna and this just makes it worse. as soon as the first couple of bottles went flying, i would have jetted.

he probably tried to. did you see pics of the room in the aftermath? looked like a f'n tornado went through it :oldlol:

anyway, brown should be held at least a little culpable. there's a reason why parker has a huge lawsuit out there. and why would drake instigate brown knowing he has a short temper? idiots. sending pics of your girl or taunting to her ex is one of the most low ball, immature things you can do

strifed169
06-27-2012, 11:18 PM
That shit musta hurt, I stop drop and roll when I get dirt in my eye

ripthekik
06-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Who is he going to blame for putting himself in such a position?
That $20 mil is a joke btw. Not gonna happen.

IGotACoolStory
06-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Other than that ass, Rihanna is kind of fugly.

Although I bet her orgasm sounds hot, if her music is preview.

Dictator
06-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Other than that ass, Rihanna is kind of fugly.

Although I bet her orgasm sounds hot, if her music is preview.

You mean that plank?:lol

Godzuki
06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
its unbelievable how nobody else has some serious injury or glass getting into their eye despite bottles supposedly being thrown everywhere, while TP almost loses an eye :facepalm especially after the season he had last year.

TMT
06-28-2012, 12:09 AM
its unbelievable how nobody else has some serious injury or glass getting into their eye despite bottles supposedly being thrown everywhere, while TP almost loses an eye :facepalm especially after the season he had last year.

From the pictures I saw there were quite a few serious injuries...

Hopefully TP can bounce back from this. Of course this had to happen after the best season of his career. :(

jbot
06-28-2012, 01:52 AM
he probably tried to. did you see pics of the room in the aftermath? looked like a f'n tornado went through it :oldlol:

anyway, brown should be held at least a little culpable. there's a reason why parker has a huge lawsuit out there. and why would drake instigate brown knowing he has a short temper? idiots. sending pics of your girl or taunting to her ex is one of the most low ball, immature things you can do
true. that room looked like a bomb went off in there.

you'd think chris brown would have tried to avoid a situation like this seeing how he's on probation and gotten his career back on track.

RazorBaLade
06-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Yeah, Parker's hurting for money these days.

not like he was "hurting" for quality vajj when he was married to eva and still going around banging everyone

i dont think hes the guy to turn down 20 mil for no possible negatives besides letting agent do some work

d.bball.guy
06-28-2012, 01:58 AM
That shit musta hurt, I stop drop and roll when I get dirt in my eye
Your avy made me imagine Lin doing it :roll: :roll: :roll:

theaussieguy
06-28-2012, 02:27 AM
lol a fight between 2 grown men involving bottles over a sloot like rihanna. Possibly the weakest and most beta thing i have ever heard of.

Haymaker
06-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Why is Parker suing the club and not Drake/Brown? What a bitch.

theaussieguy
06-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Why is Parker suing the club and not Drake/Brown? What a bitch.

Because thats how our sh!tty justice system works.

magnax1
06-28-2012, 02:45 AM
This is a bit confusing to me. How do you not realize how bad it is when it's gone through almost all your eye, and end up flying all the way to France before even going to a doctor. Seems pretty damn stupid to me.

ShaqAttack3234
06-28-2012, 02:48 AM

Wait, Parker didn't get his ass kicked by Chris Brown in particular, did he? :wtf: I assumed it happen during the whole brawl because I can't imagine Chris Brown beating up a man, much less a 6 foot 2 professional athlete.

StateOfMind12
06-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Wait, Parker didn't get his ass kicked by Chris Brown in particular, did he? :wtf: I assumed it happen during the whole brawl because I can't imagine Chris Brown beating up a man, much less a 6 foot 2 professional athlete.
He was at the bar/club of the brawl and he just got injured from all the stuff that went on in the brawl.

here is the picture of the bar in the aftermath....

http://ionehellobeautiful.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/chris-brown-drake-bar-fight-aftermath.jpg

Haymaker
06-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Wait, Parker didn't get his ass kicked by Chris Brown in particular, did he? :wtf: I assumed it happen during the whole brawl because I can't imagine Chris Brown beating up a man, much less a 6 foot 2 professional athlete. Brown is 6 feet but he probably landed only one slap on somebody. Those Hip Hoppers like their fights being fought by their entourages.

Brick Rick
06-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Claim broken eye.
Rest for the summer rather than playing more ball.
Profit $20 million.
Come back next season fresh and strong.

Somewhere Tony Parker is giving an evil laugh.

Tenchi Ryu
06-28-2012, 03:45 AM
So these mofos not only make garbage music playing on my radio, they trying to fukk up my NBA......

Time to kill some bitches...
:rant :rant :rant :rant

All Net
06-28-2012, 04:11 AM
:eek: ouch

maybe 20 million was fair

Anaximandro1
06-28-2012, 07:54 AM
:wtf:

get well soon,Tony.

Rake2204
06-28-2012, 08:06 AM
This is a bit confusing to me. How do you not realize how bad it is when it's gone through almost all your eye, and end up flying all the way to France before even going to a doctor. Seems pretty damn stupid to me.
I'm guessing he knew he jacked up his eye, but figured he'd just have to deal with the pain and whatever else. Perhaps things persisted more than he thought they should have, or maybe he just went in for a checkup on the eye itself, where it was then discovered to be worse than initially thought.

Either way, I would assume this may result in Parker adopting rec specs?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2986/611890-horace_grant_large.jpg

El Kabong
06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Tony Parker probably would have a legitimate claim for $20 million compared to a normal person if he lost an eye and couldn't play basketball anymore.

Not impossible to play with one eye though, Eddie Shannon managed to do it for his entire career.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Shannon

WhySoInsecure?
06-28-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm sure that was just a claim from a doctor that got paid by the lawyer.
If anything it was 99% of his retina which wouldn't be anything crazy

ripthekik
06-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Tony Parker probably would have a legitimate claim for $20 million compared to a normal person if he lost an eye and couldn't play basketball anymore.

I disagree. Obviously he must have gotten an excellent lawyer and they think they have a claim, but I think it's too unreasonable.

He would be claiming the club's negligence in providing a safe environment for its customers.
He would have the onus to prove a lot of things:
0) Was there a duty to keep him safe? This one is easy, they definitely had a duty of care.
1) the club was negligent in providing enough security. If they had absolutely no security that night, he could have a good case
2) the club had a very reasonable and possible chance to stop the fight, but they did not, which is against what they were supposed to do.

However, if the club did have security that night, and they at least tried to do something, I doubt Parker will succeed. That is because there is no causation. The cause of his eye was those 'gangs' fighting. Was the gang fighting in such a huge group reasonable? Could it have been prevented? Was it something very extraordinary?

In this case it definitely is. You can't expect to protect your customers when groups of 20 people just suddenly go insane. Those people are the cause, and it is hard to prove there is a connection between that cause and the club - that they could have prevented this easily.

Just imagine this: I go to a club, and someone knock me on the head with a glass. Is this the fault of the club? Can I sue them for millions? If I could, I would just pay my friend to do it tomorrow, then I wouldn't have to spend another day working.

In the end- I don't think Parker's getting that money.

Punpun
06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
If Parker can't Play for France and lead France to a medal, then 20 million would be really low for this.

Godzuki
06-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I disagree. Obviously he must have gotten an excellent lawyer and they think they have a claim, but I think it's too unreasonable.

He would be claiming the club's negligence in providing a safe environment for its customers.
He would have the onus to prove a lot of things:
0) Was there a duty to keep him safe? This one is easy, they definitely had a duty of care.
1) the club was negligent in providing enough security. If they had absolutely no security that night, he could have a good case
2) the club had a very reasonable and possible chance to stop the fight, but they did not, which is against what they were supposed to do.

However, if the club did have security that night, and they at least tried to do something, I doubt Parker will succeed. That is because there is no causation. The cause of his eye was those 'gangs' fighting. Was the gang fighting in such a huge group reasonable? Could it have been prevented? Was it something very extraordinary?

In this case it definitely is. You can't expect to protect your customers when groups of 20 people just suddenly go insane. Those people are the cause, and it is hard to prove there is a connection between that cause and the club - that they could have prevented this easily.

Just imagine this: I go to a club, and someone knock me on the head with a glass. Is this the fault of the club? Can I sue them for millions? If I could, I would just pay my friend to do it tomorrow, then I wouldn't have to spend another day working.

In the end- I don't think Parker's getting that money.

i completely agree, its a ridiculous law suit. thing is the club has a history of fights occurring, which they might be able to use against the club. the club also just lost their liquor license so they'll probably be out of business soon, doubt Parker could collect a dime even if he wins it. he should be suing Drake/ChrisBrown, thats who started the altercation and they have the money where he can get paid.

ripthekik
06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
If Parker can't Play for France and lead France to a medal, then 20 million would be really low for this.
I know you're saying it figuratively, but just for discussion's sake:

If he's claiming for the money he would have lost because of the injury, then we will have to think about:
1) Is France paying him to pay this summer? If so, how much?

I doubt they are paying him that much, if any at all. You can only sue for your damages, wages you would have lost. Whether France wins or not has nothing to do with Parker's earnings. $20 million seems to be too unreasonable no matter what.

If he does get this $20 mil, then something is very wrong with the U.S. judicial system. :facepalm

He really needs to sue those 2 rappers, would be a hilarious hollywood story :oldlol:

OhNoTimNoSho
06-28-2012, 09:16 AM
He was at the bar/club of the brawl and he just got injured from all the stuff that went on in the brawl.

here is the picture of the bar in the aftermath....

http://ionehellobeautiful.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/chris-brown-drake-bar-fight-aftermath.jpg
How did all the bottles on that one table manage to stay not broken?

Punpun
06-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm not aware of the American Legal system. So I won't criticize any decisions they will take on this issue.

JellyBean
06-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Man if Adam "Pacman" Jones (NFL player) had to pay $11 million for his actions in that fight/shooting that happened a few years ago, Drake and Chris Brown better get those wallets ready.

ripthekik
06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Only if Tony Parker would have the courage to sue them though. Seems like he wants to be friendly friendly with these rap stars.. so most likely he won't