PDA

View Full Version : Who stood out to you in the draft?

blacknapalm
06-29-2012, 12:40 AM
now, we can't really fully evaluate a draft until 3-5 years but based on what you saw, who impressed you?

also, who had a disappointing draft?

i think portland and detroit both had good drafts. houston fleshed out their team nicely and cats didn't do a bad job either

GoRapz
06-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Detroit, Sac, G-State impressed me.

Raptors i'm really iffy about and Bobcats :facepalm

DuMa
what stood out to me was no major trades with an all-star or a major star for draft picks. i was expecting dwight to be traded tonight actually

Tenchi Ryu
#5, the Robinson kid is really getting to me. The emotion, bright future and positive effect he will bring to the locker room, specifically Cousins, I can see great things for the Kings.

Fudge
I LOVED the Thunders pick. Absolutely steal. Celtics picks were high risks, high rewards. Golden State also had some good picks.

Toronto and Clevelands first picks caught me off guard.

AMISTILLILL
06-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Boston and Oklahoma City were clear cut winners. Obviously New Orleans won but that goes without saying.

I think Detroit and Portland made some understated great moves as well.

blacknapalm
what stood out to me was no major trades with an all-star or a major star for draft picks. i was expecting dwight to be traded tonight actually

ya, more trades would have definitely spiced it up especially with so much rumors going into the draft. it felt like it was going to be a big trade night

fsvr54
Golden State did awesome.

Bernie Nips
06-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Houston, Golden State, Boston and OKC were all winners.

TMT
Warriors had a silently solid draft. I like Houston's picks as well, especially if Royce White can overcome his fear of flying. :oldlol:

Meticode
No one stood out more than the Cavaliers.

Making people say "WTF?" at #4 against two years in a row.

IGotACoolStory
I really liked Golden State's draft as far as filling holes with talent.

Also the Bucks in terms of pure value, although not sure how Henson fits in right now.

I think the biggest thing to take away looking forward is how guys like Sullinger and Perry Jones do after falling so far for health reasons.

chips93
06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
denver had a nice draft, got fournier and quincy miller

both could be really nice players down the road

B
06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
That one tall guy was pretty impressive.

dunksby
06-29-2012, 12:52 AM
I hope PJ does not have any serious health problems cause we really need him. Can't wait to see him in action.

chips93
06-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Warriors had a silently solid draft. I like Houston's picks as well, especially if Royce White can overcome his fear of flying. :oldlol:

the more i hear about this, the less of an issue it appears to be

he flew all over the country in the past couple weeks to go to workouts

EricGordon23
06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Detroit. And i like lakers picking robert sacre

Scoooter
06-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Royce White. Very impressive combination of talents. I'd like to see him succeed.

MeLO MvP 15
06-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Sacramento and Washington did great with their high picks. Beal and Wall is a top back court. Robinson and Cousins is a great front line. Detroit also got really lucky with getting the perfect big to put with Monroe.

OKC got the steal of the draft. Perry Jones III could end up being one of the top 10 players of this draft. He's also in the perfect situation to succeed. He could still see some big minutes behind Durant and Ibaka. Boston got two steals too, nice young front court.

I personally hated what Houston did. Their roster is full of good role players but they don't have star. They already really deep and they need to trade at least 3 guys for 1 much better player IMO. For some teams (like a team with a star or two) it'd make a lot of sense to add three mid-level players, but not for a team full of like 10 mid level players...

I also like the Knicks pick even though I know close to nothing about Papa. I heard about interest in him before, but no details. I remember hearing Presti was going to take him with #28 (if Jones didn't fall he probably would've).

hangintheair
06-29-2012, 01:45 AM
The kid that celebrate on the nets pick... :rockon: :rockon:

InspiredLebowski
06-29-2012, 01:54 AM
If Indy didn't buy Orlando Johnson I'd be shitting in a bag and sending it to Bird's house right now. I still want to. Plumlee in the 1st is unforgivable. The dude ****ing blows.

NuggetsFan
06-29-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm pumped about Q.Miller. Turned off the draft after the Nuggets picked Fournier with all that talent still left on the board including Perry Jones who's probably the steal of the draft and when I turned it back on he was still on the board. Almost had a heartattack when they said Quincy for the Raptors pick.

I had Quincy going to Denver at #20 on my mock draft. Crazy we got him at #38. Well probably not crazy but he was my 2nd favorite player in the draft.

I think besides P.Jones falling Memphis got a really good pick. Tony Wroten seems like a great prospect. Probably should have stayed in school another year but whatever. Wish Denver would have took him at 20.

NuggetsFan
06-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Raptors could have probably traded back and picked up an asset or two while still being able to draft Ross most likely.

ukfan22
06-29-2012, 02:15 AM
Warriors, definitely

they have playoff talent now if healthy, and they have depth

CelticBaller
06-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Our picks. The rockets pick also where :applause: :bowdown: worthy

Pushxx
06-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Tony Wroten seems like a great prospect. Probably should have stayed in school another year but whatever. Wish Denver would have took him at 20.

Denver already has Lawson. Wroten and Lawson wouldn't work well together.

Quincy Miller is talented but his athleticism is well below average for the NBA, which makes his ceiling low.

I'm also shocked PJ3 went so low. The Celtics notoriously pick up guys with personality issues. Considering even Boston passed on PJ3, the dude must be a major project.

InspiredLebowski
06-29-2012, 02:20 AM

Quincy Miller is talented but his athleticism is well below average for the NBA, which makes his ceiling low.

I'm also shocked PJ3 went so low. The Celtics notoriously pick up guys with personality issues. Considering even Boston passed on PJ3, the dude must be a major project.PJ3's knees took him completely off multiple teams boards. I don't know for sure but I have a strong inkling that Indy was at least one of those teams.

JohnnySic
06-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Philly added a couple of good players in Harkless and Moultrie.

Rake2204
06-29-2012, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=B

LosBulls
06-29-2012, 09:04 AM
No one stood out more than the Cavaliers.

Making people say "WTF?" at #4 against two years in a row.
They are trading Kyrie for LeBron :roll:

chips93
06-29-2012, 09:08 AM

I'm also shocked PJ3 went so low. The Celtics notoriously pick up guys with personality issues. Considering even Boston passed on PJ3, the dude must be a major project.

miller is coming off acl surgery, so he may gain some of his HS athleticism back, that he didnt show in college

rufuspaul
06-29-2012, 09:53 AM
If Indy didn't buy Orlando Johnson I'd be shitting in a bag and sending it to Bird's house right now. I still want to. Plumlee in the 1st is unforgivable. The dude ****ing blows.

I had him going in the 2nd but I remember asking myself who might take him in the 1st and the first team I thought of was Indiana. :oldlol:

El Kabong
06-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I actually like the MKG pick for the Bobcats based from what I've heard about him. Thomas Robinson would have been the instant gratification pick, but they're thinking both long term in getting hard working winners who'll help improve the chemistry and culture of a losing team and a guy who in 2-3 years could be a very good player. In a draft where there's no obvious pick after the #1 then I think it was the best choice to make.

BlueCrayon
06-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Wait wait wait, Royce White is afraid of flying and he got drafted by the ROCKETS???

All Net
06-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Thought Boston did really well...

fatboy11
06-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I personally hated what Houston did. Their roster is full of good role players but they don't have star. They already really deep and they need to trade at least 3 guys for 1 much better player IMO. For some teams (like a team with a star or two) it'd make a lot of sense to add three mid-level players, but not for a team full of like 10 mid level players...

Where have you been all week? What do you think they were/are trying to do?

:confusedshrug:

Aussie Dunker
06-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Philly easily I think..

Hark and Moults are both going to be very, very good players, maybe not all stars but solid starters...

I love the Celts snagging Sullinger, but face palmed when they took Melo, what were they thinking??? Absolute Crab..

FrankTony
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
The teams that did the best were the teams that did not panic and kept their picks without making too much noise in the trade talks.

Winners

Detroit - For the 3rd time in a row they see a guy fell into their hands. First Monroe, then Knight and now Drummond. For the 9th pick, Drummond is a damn good value for Detroit and they have a nice young core.

OKC - They got a lottery talent with the 28th pick.
Maynor / Harden / Jones / Collison / Aldrich is probably better than a few starting lineups in the NBA. The depth is off the charts for OKC now.

Boston - for picks in the 20s, they got very good value. I think both Sullinger and Melo will be developed properly in Boston.

Losers

Houston - For a team that was screaming Howard, Josh Smith, 2nd pick and 5th pick, getting 2 more PFs and a SG was not great at all.
They have 7 PFs in the roster right now plus Motiejunas in Europe. The picks were not bad, but the fit couldn't be worse.

Cavs - They had the 4th, 24th, 33th and 34th pick and all they could do was Waiters and Zeller. MEH

Indiana - Could have got Jones with the pick but instead they reached for a late 2nd round pick talent. The worst pick in the 1st round by far.

Pushxx
06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Pretty obvious the Cavs and Pacers messed up the most.

Teams like Houston and Toronto may have made blunders, but their moves have justification depending on the future.