PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon and James Harden About To Have An Epic Showdown

Clippersfan86
06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
According to Bucher these two are going to compete for the SG spot behind Kobe on team USA. These are often times the two guys people talk about when they talk about SG of the future. I predict Gordon to get the job due to his great defense. They basically have the same offensive skill set... but Gordon also is a great defender.

Not to mention Gordon already was on Team USA last time. Who else wishes we could watch footage of these two scrimmaging against each other?? :eek:

DurantFor40
06-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Harden will make Gordon his bitch, how was it getting swept out by the Spurs bitch nikka? :lol

stallionaire
06-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Harden will choke like he did in the Finals.

stallionaire
06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Harden will make Gordon his bitch, how was it getting swept out by the Spurs bitch nikka? :lol
:facepalm

EricGordon23
06-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Eric gordon will get this. Harden is a flop

Thunderstruck
06-29-2012, 10:30 PM
According to Bucher these two are going to compete for the SG spot behind Kobe on team USA. These are often times the two guys people talk about when they talk about SG of the future. I predict Gordon to get the job due to his great defense. They basically have the same offensive skill set... but Gordon also is a great defender.

Not to mention Gordon already was on Team USA last time. Who else wishes we could watch footage of these two scrimmaging against each other?? :eek:

If Eric Gordon does a better job defensively, then he will probably win the spot. They are both good shooters. How good of a play-maker is he with the ball compared to Harden?

Clippersfan86
06-29-2012, 10:31 PM
If Eric Gordon does a better job defensively then Harden, then he will probably win the spot. They are both good shooters. How good of a play-maker is he with the ball compared to Harden?

Harden is a better playmaker/passer though Gordon has improved a lot. When comparing them you basically are deciding on better playmaking or better defense. I suppose it will come down to what USA needs more. Gordon was team USA's go to perimeter defender along with Iggy last time.

StateOfMind12
06-29-2012, 10:31 PM
If Harden makes the team over Gordon then I can guarantee you that the US will not win the gold this season.

I'll take Gordon all day everyday over that pha99ot James Harden especially if he is healthy.

StroShow4
06-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Gordon is so much better than Harden, sh!t isn't even close. People don't realize how good Gordon is when he's healthy. He f@cking tore it up for the Hornets at the end of last season, single-handedly killed teams.

PickernRoller
06-29-2012, 10:32 PM
If Harden makes the team over Gordon then I can guarantee you that the US will not win the gold this season.

I'll take Gordon all day everyday over that pha99ot James Harden especially if he is healthy.

The only way U.S ain't winning gold this summer is for Lebron to have the ball on his hand in the 4th quarter, 24 seconds to go on a tied game.

Clippersfan86
06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Here is Gordon's defense on Team USA last time. Short clip but coach K said he was his wing stopper along with Iggy. In fact Derrick Rose said the same thing if I remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-9sDHfqgw

oh the horror
06-29-2012, 10:35 PM
IMO, Gordon is better suited for international ball....am I right?

DuMa
06-29-2012, 10:36 PM
take both. leave kobe home

Clippersfan86
06-29-2012, 10:37 PM
IMO, Gordon is better suited for international ball....am I right?

Due to his defense I'd agree.

PickernRoller

Sounds perfect to me. Finally we agree.

DurantFor40
Harden has a bad finals and is all of a sudden a scrub :facepalm

Harden > Gordon all day everyday. Tired of the blind Thunder hate I see on this board.

AMISTILLILL
06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Either one has the skills for the gig but I give the nod to Harden. They both will be playing with something prove, Harden with a lackluster outing in the Finals and Gordon missing essentially the entire 2011-2012 season.

ZeN
06-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Harden > Gordon all day everyday. Tired of the blind Thunder hate I see on this board.
apples and oranges. it isnt that clear cut.

YAWN
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
They both can hit the 3 pretty well, which is pretty much all they'll have to do. But Harden has shown he wilts in big moments...

flipogb
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
a healthy Eric Gordon would own Harden

Clippersfan86
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
They both can hit the 3 pretty well, which is pretty much all they'll have to do. But Harden has shown he wilts in big moments...

Gordon is a clutch player and plays better defense. That may be enough to get him the nod. Harden is a better playmaker... both have kinda sloppy handles. Both have a similar style and love the Euro step and bullying their way to the rim.

Stuckey
06-29-2012, 10:43 PM
people saying Harden > haven't seen Gordon play at his peak

Thunderstruck
06-29-2012, 10:43 PM
If Harden were starting somewhere and Gordon hadn't had as many injury issues, the answer would be more clear cut.

KG215
06-29-2012, 10:45 PM

Dude, chill. Thought you were a Thunder fan? No need to stay so bitter because our 22 year old SG had a bad Finals.

rknine15
06-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Its sooooo close, I'll go gordon by a hair

StateOfMind12
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Dude, chill. Thought you were a Thunder fan? No need to stay so bitter because our 22 year old SG had a bad Finals.
I don't think I ever said that. :oldlol:

I admitted that I'm a Thunder front-runner though but it is mainly because of Durant so I consider myself a Durant fan more than anything. OKC is the 2nd team that I root for (Chicago first because it is my hometown) because of that though and I've grown to like the others players such as Westbrook, Ibaka, Collison, etc.

I never really liked Harden to be honest and the Finals just made me hate the guy even more.

KG215
06-29-2012, 10:49 PM

Dude is 22 years old, plays poorly in 4 of the 5 Finals games (his first Finals appearance no-less), plays pretty well in the other three round, and now all of a sudden he "wilts in big moments"?

SpecialQue
06-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Harden's a joke. Gordon would ram it up his ass and walk away without even tossing him a tissue for the tears.

LoneyROY7
06-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Gordon will expose Harden...and all the haters who try to brush him off.

EGor will make Team USA.

KG215
06-29-2012, 10:52 PM

Harden is not the obvious choice. He and Gordon are very close. But I do agree with the first part of your post. The trend of people all of a sudden thinking Harden is a "choker" or "wilts in big moments" is starting to get annoying. Apparently those people didn't watch the first three rounds or last year's playoffs.

Pushxx
06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Both are obviously at the top level of the league. I take Gordon because of defense.

StateOfMind12
06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Dude is 22 years old, plays poorly in 4 of the 5 Finals games (his first Finals appearance no-less), plays pretty well in the other three round, and now all of a sudden he "wilts in big moments"?
I would buy this excuse if it weren't everybody in OKC's first finals except for Fisher and Perkins.

Harden was not just invisible in the Finals, he was liability out there.

Harden is a a defensive liability while Gordon is a pretty good defender. That alone should put Gordon above Harden for the USA team and I'm being as objective as possible when talking about Harden which is pretty difficult for me these days.

KG215
06-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I would buy this excuse if it weren't everybody in OKC's first finals except for Fisher and Perkins.

Harden was not just invisible in the Finals, he was liability out there.

Harden is a a defensive liability while Gordon is a pretty good defender. That alone should put Gordon above Harden for the USA team and I'm being as objective as possible when talking about Harden which is pretty difficult for me these days.

So because Durant and Westbrook showed up, Harden is automatically supposed to show up too? It doesn't work like that. In hindsight, OKC getting four or five good games from Durant, three or four good games from Westbrook, and one good game from Harden is actually probably what we should've expected.

I was as upset with Harden's performance, too, but you can't expect every 22-23 year old to show-up and play well in their first finals. He simply missed a lot of shots he normally makes and it got in his head. It sucked, but it happens to kids that young on a stage that big. If he and OKC get back to another Finals, and he has a similar showing, then let the bashing begin.

spacebump
06-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Gordon is better. No disrespect to Harden, people just haven't seen enough of Gordon bc he was injured this year and on the clippers pre cp3.

KKittles30
06-30-2012, 04:00 AM
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/deaconfrost21/scal.jpg

Kews1
06-30-2012, 04:08 AM
"Did i hear you say you need a SG?"

http://i46.tinypic.com/ajtmrc.jpg

comeback anyone? :rockon: :lol :lol

:lebronamazed:

Rnbizzle
06-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Easily Gordon, not because Harden supposedly chokes or whatever, but because Gordon is that good.

Go Getter
06-30-2012, 04:17 AM
EG is really overrated by ISH

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 04:24 AM
EG is really overrated by ISH

Underrated. One of most complete young players in the game. Great scorer and defender. Clutch.. Tons of upside. What's overrated?

AlonzoGOAT
06-30-2012, 04:26 AM
The only way U.S ain't winning gold this summer is for Lebron to have the ball on his hand in the 4th quarter, 24 seconds to go on a tied game.

I would want LeBron to throw the ball into the stands because we deserve to loose if it's tied at 24 seconds left.

Go Getter
06-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Underrated. One of most complete young players in the game. Great scorer and defender. Clutch.. Tons of upside. What's overrated?
Overrated.

A complete player?:rolleyes:

Great scorer and defender? (How many years has he done this? Who has he locked up on defense?)

Clutch? Name some clutch moments.

He's going into his fourth year...it's time to stop talking about upside.

He is overrated. No one has seen him as a starter for even a full year yet.

I expect nothing less from you though, you tend to shower praise on players before they've earned or proved anything.

qrich
06-30-2012, 05:06 AM
if ej was on the thunder, they would have done much better against the heat. his defensive ability on wade would have been humongous and i take his scoring and finishing skills over harden any and every day. only thing harden gets a nod in is playmaking and ball handling but that gap is vastly smaller than ejs defense vs hardens

dannywpt
06-30-2012, 05:34 AM

Couldn't agree more. Kobe is probably the least valuable player on team USA.

LamarOdom
06-30-2012, 05:43 AM

YOLO

DurantFor40
06-30-2012, 05:58 AM
if ej was on the thunder, they would have done much better against the heat. his defensive ability on wade would have been humongous and i take his scoring and finishing skills over harden any and every day. only thing harden gets a nod in is playmaking and ball handling but that gap is vastly smaller than ejs defense vs hardens
If EG was on the Thunder all season, they would not have made the NBA finals. Eric Gordon is nothing more than hype. James Harden will be on Team USA and continue to prove is a better baller than Eric Gordon.

alenleomessi
06-30-2012, 06:31 AM
hey clipsfan is blake making the team for sure?

Go Getter
06-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Ive seen Gordon play in person twice. He is good, but you make these evaluations and comparisons without much to go on. Gordon hasn't proved that he can put up Ws and big numbers as a starter for a whole year yet.

TAZORAC
06-30-2012, 08:52 AM
When it comes to 2 equally matched played, I'll always take SIZE, eventhough these two players aren't equally matched because Harden is the better player.

I'd perfer neither of them though, and take Igoudala and Gay.

StroShow4
06-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Ive seen Gordon play in person twice. He is good, but you make these evaluations and comparisons without much to go on. Gordon hasn't proved that he can put up Ws and big numbers as a starter for a whole year yet.

How many career Ws do you think James Harden would have right now had he been drafted by the Clippers and traded to the Hornets?

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 12:43 PM
hey clipsfan is blake making the team for sure?

Nope. He's a finalist but teams aren't set yet. They need to cut 2 or 3 players I believe.

AAckley1
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
If EJ could stay healthy, this argument would be null & void. The people saying they're even on everything but defense clearly hasn't seen much of his play. I've grown up watching EJ play. His high school was our rival. I attended IU at the same time he did. His shooting is better than Hardens without a doubt. You also have to understand that typically Harden is being guarded by the worst perimeter defender, as teams typically focus more on Durant & Russy.

mjokc
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Damn, when did Eric Gordon get so overrated? I knew Harden was overrated but mofos talking like Gordon is the reincarnation of MJ.

mjokc
06-30-2012, 03:44 PM
ClippersFan, I tried to respect you dude, but you are the ultimate troll. And you have a serious inferiority complex about anything to do with OKC or any of their players. According to you the Clippers are the best team in the land and OKC couldn't complete against them if they tried. You always bring up the regular season record as if that proves something. Lol, SA owned OKC the last 3 years in the regular season, how did that affect the playoffs?

IGOTGAME
06-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Harden won't like the fact that they let more contact go in international ball than the NBA...he will actually get less flops called for him over there.

DurantFor40
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Harden > Gordon :cheers:

wang4three
07-07-2012, 09:12 PM
So this is for a 6th man role? Harden has more experience in this area.

50inchvertical
07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
You left one out.

injured. always.

Ikill
07-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Gordon cant really be overrated or underrated at this point he just hasn't played enough.

50inchvertical
07-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Gordon cant really be overrated or underrated at this point he just hasn't played enough.
getting a max deal when you have been injured 35% of your career and never part of a team that did something in the playoffs, qualifies as overrated. 20ppg is nice, but remember that was in 9 games. 9!

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
eric gordon should take a pass on team usa. kobe as well for that matter.