PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom: "This will be an easy team for me to play with"

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 12:28 AM
[B][I]"I'm looking at this like it's a good fit to be going back to the Clippers," Odom said. "I think that the Clippers have some very good pieces. I like the wayChris [Paul] and Blake compete. I think basketball-wise, it'll be pretty easy for me to play with this team."

"I know all the questions will be about Dallas and will I be a good fit with the Clippers," Odom said. "But [last season] was hard for me after all I went through off the court last summer

SpecialQue
06-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Really looking forward to seeing how he's received by fans.

Segatti
06-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Good luck with this cancer.

AMISTILLILL
06-30-2012, 12:31 AM

The actual textbook definition of an uninformed, gross overreaction. You rarely see one of these in real life.

SpecialQue
06-30-2012, 12:31 AM

What a dick thing to say.

DurantFor40
06-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Clippers swept in the second round again next year :cheers:

Smoke117
06-30-2012, 12:34 AM
What a dick thing to say.

How is that a dick thing to say. He quit and played like shit on the Mavericks. Now he's talking about going to the Clippers and feeling all good. Isn't he supposed to be a professional. He completely f.ucked over the Mavs. Screw this piece of shit cry baby. He has no heart at all.

StateOfMind12
06-30-2012, 12:35 AM
He completely f.ucked over the Mavs. Screw this piece of shit cry baby. He has no heart at all.
This....

I cannot stand this mentally weak *****.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 12:35 AM
**** off, Lamar.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm still pissed about how he left. The news about his family sucks, but I will be rooting against you as long as you wear my team's jersey.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm still pissed about how he left. The news about his family sucks, but I will be rooting against you as long as you wear my team's jersey.

Maybe you'll forgive him if he gives 110 percent, stays until he retires and gives his heart and soul to the team.

AMISTILLILL
06-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah, a guy who was a lynch pin to two championship teams in the last four years and garnered Sixth Man Of The Year honors as recently as '10-11 should be blackballed like Iverson. :rolleyes:

If Stephon Marbury can get a shot playing for a reigning champion Boston Celtics team in '08-09, after the fiasco that was his Knicks tenure, Lamar Odom can get another crack at a team in the league after having an uninspiring turd of a year.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Maybe you'll forgive him if he gives 110 percent, stays until he retires and gives his heart and soul to the team.

Not even if he cured cancer and pissed on Crossdresser's grave with me.

DurantFor40
06-30-2012, 12:44 AM
This....

I cannot stand this mentally weak *****.

You have a mentally weak ***** in your avatar :biggums:

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Not even if he cured cancer and pissed on Crossdresser's grave with me.

I don't even have THAT much bitterness towards Andre Miller and he ****ed us worse IMO. Odom DID spurn the Clippers but the Clippers also lowballed him on the first offer and the Heat offered twice the pay for double the length in contract. Sure he bitched on the way out but he didn't do enough to have this kind of feelings towards him at least in my mind.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 12:45 AM

2011 wants its ****** back.

AMISTILLILL
06-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Game set: match.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't even have THAT much bitterness towards Andre Miller and he ****ed us worse IMO. Odom DID spurn the Clippers but the Clippers also lowballed him on the first offer and the Heat offered twice the pay for double the length in contract. Sure he bitched on the way out but he didn't do enough to have this kind of feelings towards him at least in my mind.

We were going to match his offer sheet and he begged us not to.

**** Lamar Odom.

ZeN
Odom can be a great locker room guy and he helps with team unity when he has his attitude adjusted well.. I hope he can get himself together and help the Clipps like he did the Lakers. Regardless of what Laker fans may now say, he was instrumental in getting two championships. When at the top of his game, he can be a game changer for the Clippers, adding a versatility that will give them an added option. Hopefully, he can refocus and contribute in the way he did with the Lakers.

DurantFor40

He was carried by Chalmers and battier :facepalm

and lets not forget the refs

SpecialQue
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM

:lebronamazed:

ZeN
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM

**** Lamar Odom.
Damn you personify being a whiny ass *****.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 12:49 AM

**** Lamar Odom.

Naw I understand why that would piss off any Clippers fan but FIRST the Clippers offered him a pathetic 24 million, 3 year offer which was a slap in the face to a player that good. Miami offered 65 mill over 6 years and I would have taken that too in Odom's shoes. Some of your rage should be directed at Sterling for not sealing the deal with Maggette, Brand AND Odom. Odom was far more valuable than Maggette.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Damn you personify being a whiny ass *****.

You need to revisit your grammar lessons. There is a comma after "damn".

Second--if I'm a whiny ass ***** for being irate this emotional and sensitive loser completely changes his tune once he gets traded to my team after he repeatedly stated he never wanted to be here, what does that make Lamar?

Naw I understand why that would piss off any Clippers fan but FIRST the Clippers offered him a pathetic 24 million, 3 year offer which was a slap in the face to a player that good. Miami offered 65 mill over 6 years and I would have taken that too in Odom's shoes. Some of your rage should be directed at Sterling for not sealing the deal with Maggette, Brand AND Odom. Odom was far more valuable than Maggette.

You don't get it.

We were going to match his offer sheet. He explicitly told us not to.

Normally, with front-loaded deals such as this, the final years of the contract are not as onerous, but Odom's numbers still increase significantly in the final two years of this deal. The Heat constructed the contract to discourage the Clippers from matching.

Odom has also done some extra work to help the Clippers with their decision.

He has criticized the organization for its constant state of instability and said he does not want to have to prove himself to new coach Mike Dunleavy, which would be Odom's fifth coach since 1999.

''I just feel like this is my time and my place and my chance to get out of there,'' Odom said last week.

Odom also said he would meet with Clippers front-office personnel to express his opinions in person. Odom, who has twice been suspended for violating the league's anti-drug policy, has maintained a good relationship with Clippers general manager Elgin Baylor, but it is not enough to make him want to stay in Los Angeles.

''I want to look them in the eye and let them know that it's time for Lamar to go,'' Odom said. "It makes no sense to bring me back there."

Story Up
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Fiasco please stfu and no I didn't use a comma b*tch.

LeFraud James
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
If he plays with 1/2 the dedication he played with in his last season with the Lakers, then the Clippers are in for a treat.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Fiasco please stfu and no I didn't use a comma b*tch.

I have the right to say whatever I want about Lamar just like you have the right to remain retarded.

Meticode
06-30-2012, 01:15 AM
I have the right to say whatever I want about Lamar just like you have the right to remain retarded.
You're so nice.

SpecialQue

Fiasco pwning tonight.

nbaballllller
if im mavs fans im pissed

if the dude wasnt able to complete last year then he suld have retired.

now hes refreshed and willing to go again?

lol fck off

ZeN
06-30-2012, 01:18 AM
You need to revisit your grammar lessons. There is a comma after "damn".

Second--if I'm a whiny ass ***** for being irate this emotional and sensitive loser completely changes his tune once he gets traded to my team after he repeatedly stated he never wanted to be here, what does that make Lamar?

No comma. I meant it to be taken as a run-on sentence. Regardless of that, I really wouldnt care if my grammar is wrong. Seriously, I couldnt give less of a phuck.

Second ---it aint your team. Its a team you follow and one you root for. Your loyalty doesnt garnish you the right to dictate was is acceptable or not. If The Clippers and Odom want to revisit their relationship and find that now they are in different places, who are you to say that they cant become amicable with each other?

How is it that a player cant change perspective with things? How many years would it take for him to get a chance at changing his mind? Are you seriously basing your argument solely on the events that occurred over a decade ago?

Let The Fukk Go..

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Fiasco.... I think you're being irrational when it comes to negotiations. Shit offers offend players regularly and they should. Sterling was also going to match Olshey and look how that turned out? Sterling told Olshey "See what you can get and I'll match" which as an employee makes you feel disrespect... where as Miami aggressively pursued him and made him a big offer.

Sterling is absolutely notorious for this kind of business practice. All he does is lowball then match. How about for once being the one who gives the offers people can't refuse? Even with Brand that was a matched offer sheet and not a generous offer.

Haymaker
Clippers are deep. All they need is to fire Vinny at the beginning of the season and hire someone with a pulse.

Story Up
Dude say something creative you and that other dipshit amistillaqueer are the lamest **** in this forum. You dipshit are still attacking some guy who hasn't been here in 4ever. LOL

Get a life you pansy.

Story Up
06-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Fiasco.... I think you're being irrational when it comes to negotiations. Shit offers offend players regularly and they should. Sterling was also going to match Olshey and look how that turned out? Sterling told Olshey "See what you can get and I'll match" which as an employee makes you feel disrespect... where as Miami aggressively pursued him and made him a big offer.

Sterling is absolutely notorious for this kind of business practice. All he does is lowball then match. How about for once being the one who gives the offers people can't refuse? Even with Brand that was a matched offer sheet and not a generous offer.

2nd paragraph is on point. Well said.
Offering someone something and matching are two different negotiation techniques, fiasco is too brain dead to see a difference.

****** ass makes me hate the entire clipper nation bc of one jackass idiot.

Smoke117
06-30-2012, 01:24 AM
I do beleive they created this word for Lamar Odom...C.UNT. He is a C.UNT. When things don't go perfectly for him goes into his shell like a turtle. The guy is a coward piece of shit, period. He was being paid 10 million and he sniffled and cried and did absolutely NOTHING. I'm not even a Mavericks fan...but Lamar Odom...you can eat shit you f.ucking little weak minded c.unt.

ZeN
06-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Do people even realize that Odom is Bipolar just like Artest and that its the main reason that they identify with each other so much?

They literally are emotionally imbalanced and in a sense mentally handicapped by that imbalanced.

And im not saying that people give a fukk about it.. simply wondering if people realize it.

Story Up
06-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I do beleive they created this word for Lamar Odom...C.UNT. He is a C.UNT. When things don't go perfectly for him goes into his shell like a turtle. The guy is a coward piece of shit, period. He was being paid 10 million and he sniffled and cried and did absolutely NOTHING. I'm not even a Mavericks fan...but Lamar Odom...you can eat shit you f.ucking little weak minded c.unt.
Hey moron, learn something about his life. Is there another ****ing athlete that lost as much as him?

He lost his baby, his mom died of cancer, his driver killed a boy, he lost two cousins, he never had a father (who's a drug addict and literally uses Lamar for money today). The guy had no family growing up, was in abusive foster home.

Yes he is mentally fragile but your bitch ass knows nothing about that bc tomorrow morning your mommy will break you breakfast in bed and take you to best buy to buy your next video game.

STFU

Smoke117
06-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Hey moron, learn something about his life. Is there another ****ing athlete that lost as much as him?

He lost his baby, his mom died of cancer, his driver killed a boy, he lost two cousins, he never had a father (who's a drug addict and literally uses Lamar for money today). The guy had no family growing up, was in abusive foster home.

Yes he is mentally fragile but your bitch ass knows nothing about that bc tomorrow morning your mommy will break you breakfast in bed and take you to best buy to buy your next video game.

STFU

Lamar Odom is the only man getting paid 10+ mil plus that hasn't had a great child hood or has had disaster and loss affect his family? Is that what you are telling me? I've known better men with less fortune in their lives than lamar that did not just give up like Odom did on the Mavs this past season. Lamar Odom is a coward and a quitter. This isn't a made up story...he is the one that has built his reputation as a quitter. Just ask the Mavs.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 01:38 AM
No comma. I meant it to be taken as a run-on sentence. Regardless of that, I really wouldnt care if my grammar is wrong. Seriously, I couldnt give less of a phuck.

So you admit to being willfully ignorant? Okay.

Second ---it aint your team. Its a team you follow and one you root for. Your loyalty doesnt garnish you the right to dictate was is acceptable or not. If The Clippers and Odom want to revisit their relationship and find that now they are in different places, who are you to say that they cant become amicable with each other?

How is it that a player cant change perspective with things? How many years would it take for him to get a chance at changing his mind? Are you seriously basing your argument solely on the events that occurred over a decade ago?

Let The Fukk Go..

...you can't "garnish" rights. Anyways..

It is my team. Please revisit the definition of 'fanatic', because that is what everyone on this forum is. Maybe you don't give a shit about the past, and it's entirely your prerogative. I do, however, and the manner in which Odom left us is a memory I will never forget. He can say all the right things and smile at the right moments, but Lamar is still Lamar.

You are completely right in saying I have no say in whether or not the Clippers organization and Lamar Odom cannot become amicable again. It doesn't mean I have to like it.

My opinion on Odom is not going to change simply because he's happy to be here. He handles himself in the most unprofessional manner whenever things don't go his way, and he evaluates situations emotionally instead of logically.

Yes, well Olshey is a dick too. He had a deal with the Clippers agreed upon in principle and he left for the Blazers. I'd also like to see the source that says Sterling told Olshey to "see what he was worth".

And yes, Sterling absolutely lowballed Lamar. But when the Clippers intended on matching Miami's ridiculous offer (this is after they had just resigned Brand) This somehow makes it okay for Odom to give us the finger?

Dude say something creative you and that other dipshit amistillaqueer are the lamest **** in this forum. You dipshit are still attacking some guy who hasn't been here in 4ever. LOL

Get a life you pansy.

Thank you for teaching me all the wonderfully creative ways to insult someone and only make yourself look foolish.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 01:41 AM
2nd paragraph is on point. Well said.
Offering someone something and matching are two different negotiation techniques, fiasco is too brain dead to see a difference.

****** ass makes me hate the entire clipper nation bc of one jackass idiot.

The Clippers offered a contract to Lamar, and when he signed the Heat's offer sheet they sought to match it. Both negotiating techniques were used but Lamar didn't want to stay.

Are you really this stupid?

Clippersfan86
No it's not okay but I do understand it and see why he would do it which makes it forgivable.

Darius

**** Lamar Odom.

Can you blame him?

Who wanted to play for that sh;t team that practiced in fvcking public Spectrum Club gym and played in the Sports Arena?

He wasnt the only guy who wanted out of the Clippers.

DTS may have changed a little (not much tho judging on Olshey leaving and VDN coming back) since then but I wasn't even mad at players leaving such an unprofessional org... I understood.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 01:43 AM
No it's not okay but I do understand it and see why he would do it which makes it forgivable.

I guess you were also okay with Steve Francis pulling a similar stunt.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Can you blame him?

Who wanted to play for that sh;t team that practiced in fvcking public Spectrum Club gym and played in the Sports Arena?

He wasnt the only guy who wanted out of the Clippers.

DTS may have changed a little (not much tho judging on Olshey leaving and VDN coming back) since then but I wasn't even mad at players leaving such an unprofessional org... I understood.

If someone gave me $7 million dollars a year to practice in a public gym, I would bring water bottles for the team and refill them whenever asked.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Rarely disagree with you Fiasco but think from the perspective of a player not fan. I'd run far, far away from the Clippers back then too.

senelcoolidge
06-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Odum was the guy that tried to fight Griffin during his rookie year because Griffin played too hard. This lazy **** better play or he's going to have a hard time on that Clippers squad. CP3 and Griffin are work horses, they don't tolerate that lazy shit.

wally_world
06-30-2012, 02:18 AM
A kardashian will stay a kardashian

LeFraud James
06-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Do people even realize that Odom is Bipolar just like Artest and that its the main reason that they identify with each other so much?

They literally are emotionally imbalanced and in a sense mentally handicapped by that imbalanced.

And im not saying that people give a fukk about it.. simply wondering if people realize it.

Being raised in Queensbridge could also be a factor.

sagr32
06-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Odum was the guy that tried to fight Griffin during his rookie year because Griffin played too hard. This lazy **** better play or he's going to have a hard time on that Clippers squad. CP3 and Griffin are work horses, they don't tolerate that lazy shit.He played with Kobe for 7 years. I'm sure he can handle himself.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Odum was the guy that tried to fight Griffin during his rookie year because Griffin played too hard. This lazy **** better play or he's going to have a hard time on that Clippers squad. CP3 and Griffin are work horses, they don't tolerate that lazy shit.

Yup. With those two he better give 110 percent. CP3 will have no problem chewing his ass out during games or in practices.

tmacattack33
06-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Why would the Clippers be a better team to play for than the defending Champion Mavericks of last year?

This guy Odom is straight up retarded. SMH.

DurantFor40
06-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Why would the Clippers be a better team to play for than the defending Champion Mavericks of last year?

This guy Odom is straight up retarded. SMH.
T Mac has NEVER made it out of the first round! LOL!

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 02:52 AM
T Mac has NEVER made it out of the first round! LOL!

New NBA fans should stay off forums. In 09 Rockets got to second round with Mcgrady there.

DurantFor40
06-30-2012, 02:56 AM
New NBA fans should stay off forums. In 09 Rockets got to second round with Mcgrady there.
:facepalm you mean with McGrady gone with a season ending injury, *******

DurantFor40
06-30-2012, 02:59 AM
And if you want to count that as him making it out of the first round, then that makes him look even worse, advancing only when he doesn't play. So congrats for making him look worse I guess:cheers:

All Net
06-30-2012, 03:01 AM
Just hope he doesn't play lazy

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 03:06 AM
:facepalm you mean with McGrady gone with a season ending injury, *******

He was still on the roster moron. Had they won the ring he would have gotten one. He was still their best player prior to injury therefor the team wouldn't have been in that positio. Without him. You are being a parrot with the stupid Tmac first round junk and can kiss my ass.

Fiasco
06-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Rarely disagree with you Fiasco but think from the perspective of a player not fan. I'd run far, far away from the Clippers back then too.

From the perspective of a player, someone is giving you millions of dollars to put a ball with air in it through a metal hoop.

KKittles30
06-30-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm sure the manly Khloe is happy Lamar Kardashian brought his punk ass home like a good lil girl.

Jailblazers7
06-30-2012, 03:19 AM
If Odom buys in and plays hard, then this is great for the Clips. Either way he is better than Mo and he supplies the game that Blake lacks at the moment. Gives more minutes for Bledsoe too.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 03:24 AM
If Odom buys in and plays hard, then this is great for the Clips. Either way he is better than Mo and he supplies the game that Blake lacks at the moment. Gives more minutes for Bledsoe too.

Unfortunately the Clippers are too stupid to capitalize on Bledsoe's minutes. They are trying to bring all 3 free agent guards back. Foye needs to go!

Jailblazers7
06-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Unfortunately the Clippers are too stupid to capitalize on Bledsoe's minutes. They are trying to bring all 3 free agent guards back. Foye needs to go!

Dont know who the 3 are but Foye is completely expendable and I'm not sure why he would be resigned. Bledsoe needs time as a backup to get his offense up to speed and denying him experience is total mismanagement.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Dont know who the 3 are but Foye is completely expendable and I'm not sure why he would be resigned. Bledsoe needs time as a backup to get his offense up to speed and denying him experience is total mismanagement.

Billups, Young and Foye. Vinny seems to not realize how good Bledsoe is so once again he won't get enough minutes. Good news is multiple teams will pursue Foye and I hope he leaves. Also Clippers are going to let beast Evans go I think. Worst offseason ever so far. A monkey could do a better job. Hire a damn GM!

joeyjoejoe
06-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Hes a talented big exactly what lac needs as a clips fan im very happy

StateOfMind12
06-30-2012, 03:51 AM
He was still on the roster moron. Had they won the ring he would have gotten one. He was still their best player prior to injury therefor the team wouldn't have been in that positio. Without him. You are being a parrot with the stupid Tmac first round junk and can kiss my ass.
This is completely false.

With Tmac that season the Rockets were 20-15
Without Tmac that season the Rockets were 33-14.

Sorry, but Tmac deserves zero credit what so ever for that. He never got past the 1st round and played was what he meant and you know it.

Yao was better than Tmac since like 2006 as well. Tmac was a shell of himself after 2005.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 03:58 AM
This is completely false.

With Tmac that season the Rockets were 20-15
Without Tmac that season the Rockets were 33-14.

Sorry, but Tmac deserves zero credit what so ever for that. He never got past the 1st round and played was what he meant and you know it.

Yao was better than Tmac since like 2006 as well. Tmac was a shell of himself after 2005.

Yao was not better since 06 although I can say that year he was despite my previous comment. Regardless my point stands that he was on the squad and would have received a ring had they won it all. Tracy was still a part of that team. I guess we can say he's never played 2nd round playoff games. All I know is he was an incredible player and bonafide superstar. Injuries and bad teams prevented more team success.

qrich
06-30-2012, 04:57 AM
the only way this could be considered a good deal is if lamar puts up 15-8-4 off the bench, otherwise it was retarded. dallas would have bought him out, clips would have signed him and been able to deal mo elsewhere for a tpe to use themselves or something. now they take on more salary without dumping gomes and not solving the biggest need...a starting shooting guard. billups was solid last year but coming off a major injury and is getting up there. sushi is great off the bench. both should be retained as well with the mle going to a legit wing like carlos delfino and a portion of it to retain reggie. sign a 7 footer like ryan hollins or paul davis to be third string center. if u lose reggie bring back rhino

PG: Paul - Billups - Bledsoe
SG: Delfino - Bledsoe - Sushi - Leslie
SF: Butler - Odom - Sushi - Gomes
PF: Griffin - Odom - Rhino (or Reggie) - Thompkins
CE: Jordan - Hollins/Davis - Thompkins - Reggie

only thing that scares is me lack of three point threats out of a hot sushi or thompkins and billups. bleds is nothing more than a defensive spark who has way to go and eerily similar to mike taylor though mike hada much more refined offensive game and was just as good a defender. hollins and davis are opposites but both could fit in well with their spcific roles. rhino is a bruising big that can get nearly any shot he wants in the post.

as far as odom, fucc him but cant root for a current clipper to fail, though hes the second most hated former clipper for me clearly behind miller and just ahead of maggette.

as far as odom being a fragile bitch, i didnt see q pull this shit when he had family gunned down. or zbo quit when he had family die (sure he knocked amundson the fk out but he actually PLAYED and gave effort). dudes mentally weak and if khloe calls him fat hed probably slit hiswrists

TheCorporation
06-30-2012, 05:00 AM
Clippers swept in the second round again next year :cheers:

You can barely lace up your sneakers

Punpun
06-30-2012, 05:00 AM
I read that as "It's so freaking easy to toy with the CLippers."

senelcoolidge
06-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Well if Odom makes the Olympics that might actually motivate him to play better this coming season. Players tend to play better after coming off the Olympics. This will certainly help Blake and CP3. Should motivate Odom.

I thought Foye was interesting in the Knicks. Please we don't need him..he's too inconsistent and plays well only as a starter. Young is not a bad guy to keep since he does have size and can defend. Plus he loves being a Clipper.

#1SportsFan86
06-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Odom basically took last season off with the Mavs and really thinks good things are gonna happen to him on the Clippers...:lol

rhythmic
06-30-2012, 08:37 AM
The Clippers offered a contract to Lamar, and when he signed the Heat's offer sheet they sought to match it. Both negotiating techniques were used but Lamar didn't want to stay.

Are you really this stupid?

As obnoxious as the guy is, he is correct.
You talk about loyalty but it's a two way street.
You offer your star player a crap deal, as a low-ball offer and another team offers a much more lucrative deal and you match it, you're showing your true colors.

1) You're telling Lamar, he's worth more but you "tried" to low-ball him initially.
2) Emphasizing why your franchise never won anything, because you arent willing to pay your star players.

Think of it like this:

You're a treasurer for Microsoft, you're pretty young financial analyst. You wee handed a project and did well, at a young age. Made company money and they gave you sa $200,000. Yet on the "market" a similar job is worth $500,000. You get a call from Apple, offering you better compensation (or let's say maket based compensation) for similar work. Then the CEO from Microsoft knows he was low-balling and offers you the half million to stay.

As an individal employee, I'd feel betrayed too.
You telling us how you'd accept 7 million to play basketball isn't the point. You need to look at how players get paid in a said profession. If you really believe Lamar was only worth 24 million dollars (or 8 million a year), then you're a pretty big Clipper homer.

Please don't try to convince us Sterling was using savvy negotiation skills, he was being a cheap ass as he's known for and it probably cost him Lamar.

Sometimes offering a max contract or an above-market value contract to your star players tells him and the rest of the league, that you are serious about winning and rewarding talent.

He clearly didn't, and you're clearly butt hurt over this.
Yet, you're blaming Lamar when it's your owner.

Pull out the board minutes, this team until they really dafted Blake Griffin was arguably the cheapest team in history of this league. Yet, you're mad because a young star didn't want to stay with a team that offered him 24 million over 3 years? :oldlol:

Miami offered him more years and more money per year; Clippers matching that isn't the same as offering him that type of money initially. As a player, that move says a lot about a franchise.

ZeN
06-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Being raised in Queensbridge could also be a factor.
I completely agree.. Its a combination of all those factors.

Darius
06-30-2012, 12:39 PM
If someone gave me $7 million dollars a year to practice in a public gym, I would bring water bottles for the team and refill them whenever asked.

This "they make so much money and I resent it" attitude is something I never understood.

They make their market value and judge their position relative to their peers.

Odom acted immaturely when he left so I won't defend him completely but if I was working at a company that had a negative rep and poor facilities and I had the power to force my way out? I might do it.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 12:41 PM
This "they make so much money and I resent it" attitude is something I never understood.

They make their market value and judge their position relative to their peers.

Odom acted immaturely when he left so I won't defend him completely but if I was working at a company that had a negative rep and poor facilities and I had the power to force my way out? I might do it.

Bingo. As we both already said in this thread.... the offer was offensive, so of course dude gave the middle finger. He was a new star in the league and he got offered average starter money. I'd go to the Heat who wanted me bad enough to offer me all star/superstar money and pursue me aggressively.

Especially because Sterling had his stupid, nonchalant attitude of go see what you're worth and come back and tell me. It's like dude!!! YOU need to value your players for once. He values CP3+Griffin because he's making great profits... can he just die already???

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Qrich, Care to share why you hate Miller so much? I don't know really know the history with the organization and him.

LaLam will play better than he did for Dallas. But it aint like he will play well.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Qrich, Care to share why you hate Miller so much? I don't know really know the history with the organization and him.

LaLam will play better than he did for Dallas. But it aint like he will play well.

I'm the one who openly hates Miller, what did Q Rich say about Andre Miller? If he does hate him though it's pretty simple why he would. We traded Darius Miles (whom fans loved) for him only to have him pout about the trade and not a single time in a Clippers uniform play hard or want to be here. We expected him to be a huge boost and to have him quit from day one until he was gone was devastating.

Then he has the run ins with Blake Griffin in Blake's rookie year where he full on cheapshots him. Then badmouths him in the media about that. Then Blake gets selected to all star team and he badmouths him again in media saying he's all hype and flash and no substance. Basically dude is a grade A prick and Clippers fans would beat the shit out of him in the parking lot.

Darius
06-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Bingo. As we both already said in this thread.... the offer was offensive, so of course dude gave the middle finger. He was a new star in the league and he got offered average starter money. I'd go to the Heat who wanted me bad enough to offer me all star/superstar money and pursue me aggressively.

Especially because Sterling had his stupid, nonchalant attitude of go see what you're worth and come back and tell me. It's like dude!!! YOU need to value your players for once. He values CP3+Griffin because he's making great profits... can he just die already???

dTS still hasn't learned. Same thing happened w Olshey. Nothing like entering the most important offseason in clip history w/o a GM...

qrich
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM

to me, he just single handedly destroyed the exciting and young clipper squad with lamar, q, maggs, dooling and brand

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 01:57 PM
I can't blame Dallas fans for hating Odom's guts. The guy absolutely gave up on the season and it has everything to do with where he was playing not who he was playing for. It's bullshit considering these guys are supposed to be professionals.

Kujo
06-30-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm sympathetic towards the off-court issues Lamar had last season, but it doesn't give him the excuse to flat out quit on his team. It was pathetic. The hate by Dallas fans is totally understandable.

BGriffin's Dad
07-09-2012, 02:40 PM
championship bound

http://i.imgur.com/I7m5k.png http://i.imgur.com/wFxwj.png http://i.imgur.com/YpPP7.png

ncrizzle
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
His excuse for being a bum this year will be "Khloie was pregnant"

b1imtf
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
It's gon' be easy

TheFan
07-09-2012, 03:03 PM

not anymore... refer to game 6 of the latest ECF for more information.

LAClipsFan33
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
F*ck Lamar Odom. Simple...

He has A LOT to prove to me as a fan after the last run on the Clippers

04mzwach
07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Odom is going to open up things for everybody. This is going to be a top team in the West now. I'm pretty sure of it. Top 3 IMO, but there are a lot of team so who knows? Right? The West is competitive as f*ck! All I know is a guy like Odom will make their offense run a lot smoother than it was previously. I can't wait to see their small ball as well. Odom, such a versatile player.