PDA

View Full Version : Lakers aren't getting anyone

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I think its clear at this point. Jim loves bynum too much, mitch loves pau too much. FA's can't play here because we don't have money.

Alright. Lakers next year, 6th seed? 7th? Taking predictions. I hope we get out of the 1st round.

AMISTILLILL
06-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Pretty much.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I think its clear at this point. Jim loves bynum too much, mitch loves pau too much. FA's can't play here because we don't have money.

Alright. Lakers next year, 6th seed? 7th? Taking predictions. I hope we get out of the 1st round.

stop being a sensitive drama queen...its not even 12mid night yet...and ur already PMSing that the lakers are not getting anyone...

did u even had a freaking idea last year when the lakers almost pulled off that cp3 trade?

LA_Showtime
Mitch tried to trade Gasol last summer. If he's not traded before training camp, it's because there weren't any legitimate offers. I hate to say it, but the market for an old, overpaid power forward who has played like shit for two straight playoff runs is rather low.

TMT
They will continue to fade into irrelevancy if they don't make some kind of move. Last season was proof that just Bryant, Bynum and Gasol alone won't get you very far. Are they really going to waste Kobe's possible last chances at a title with this unsuccessful formula? Doubt it.

Heilige
06-30-2012, 10:15 PM

Sadly, I agree with you. Man, what do you think is going through Kobe's head?

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
They will continue to fade into irrelevancy if they don't make some kind of move. Last season was proof that just Bryant, Bynum and Gasol alone won't get you very far. Are they really going to waste Kobe's possible last chances at a title with this unsuccessful formula? Doubt it.

I'm not trying to hate or anything but I do think this line of thinking is funny coming from a Spurs fan.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:18 PM
stop being a sensitive drama queen...its not even 12mid night yet...and ur already PMSing that the lakers are not getting anyone...

did u even had a freaking idea last year when the lakers almost pulled off that cp3 trade?

And everything they've done since that is proof that it ruined them. They had their swan song. Its over man. It scared them into being very cautious, they don't go for home run anymore, they stand on the sideline. 12 mid night doesn't matter we have no cap space, it HAS to be a bynum or pau trade.

Mitch tried to trade Gasol last summer. If he's not traded before training camp, it's because there weren't any legitimate offers. I hate to say it, but the market for an old, overpaid power forward who has played like shit for two straight playoff runs is rather low.

Except we should be willing to trade him for lesser value. We LOSE with pau bynum kobe no bench or pg. How about getting a mediocre pg and bench? Lets expect more from bynum. Lets make it so that kobe can be rested and ask him to be clutch in the 4th but RESTED not after playing 40 min. Decent pg and athletic bigs. Lets try it. Why can't we get josh smith? Beasley and derrick williams? Why not trade bynum for something, anything and ask pau to see if he still has it?

The lakers have been scared into sticking with something that doesn't work 100% because its risky to try something that has a 50% chance of working.

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 10:20 PM
And everything they've done since that is proof that it ruined them. They had their swan song. Its over man.

Except we should be willing to trade him for lesser value. We LOSE with pau bynum kobe no bench or pg. How about getting a mediocre pg and bench? Lets expect more from bynum. Lets make it so that kobe can be rested and ask him to be clutch in the 4th but RESTED not after playing 40 min. Why can't we get josh smith? Beasley and derrick williams? Why not trade bynum for something, anything and ask pau to see if he still has it?

The lakers have been scared into sticking with something that doesn't work 100% because its risky to try something that has a 50% chance of working.

I'd rather trade Bynum. I know Gasol is the older player and he's had two disappointing playoff runs, but we've seen how good he can be. And anyway, were 3-4 years from Kobe's retirement... and given what we've seen from Bynum he's not going to be our next franchise player, either because he's not good enough or he can't stay healthy. I want to see us trade Bynum and see if Kobe and Gasol can lead us to another 'ship before they retire.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
And everything they've done since that is proof that it ruined them. They had their swan song. Its over man. It scared them into being very cautious, they don't go for home run anymore, they stand on the sideline. 12 mid night doesn't matter we have no cap space, it HAS to be a bynum or pau trade.

keep p1ssing them...I am not here..to write and comfort u ..to make you feel better about the lakers

I trust in LA ownership and FO that they will do right things to get us to be championship level again...

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd rather trade Bynum. I know Gasol is the older player and he's had two disappointing playoff runs, but we've seen how good he can be. And anyway, were 3-4 years from Kobe's retirement... and given what we've seen from Bynum he's not going to be our next franchise player, either because he's not good enough or he can't stay healthy. I want to see us trade Bynum and see if Kobe and Gasol can lead us to another 'ship before they retire.

I like that idea. I'd rather start with NOTHING once kobe is done and use the lead the lakers back to glory selling point to lure whoever the best player at the time is here in free agency.

Bynum should be able to net you 3 rotational players. ANYTHING is better than watching the same team again.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:24 PM
keep p1ssing them...I am not here..to write and comfort u ..to make you feel better about the lakers

I trust in LA ownership and FO that they will do right things to get us to be championship level again...

I hope you're right. I just don't think they have the stones to blow this team up. I think it would have happened already.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
I hope you're right. I just don't think they have the stones to blow this team up.

they do have the stones to do it...but they are not going to give away their players...like pau for Scola/lowry or Pay for Derrick Williams

heck the lakers rejected already Pau for Josh smith....

Umad101
06-30-2012, 10:26 PM
if they dont get anyone is there a point to even watch them this season :confusedshrug:

LelBron
06-30-2012, 10:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/t0Mxs.jpg

LA_Showtime
I like that idea. I'd rather start with NOTHING once kobe is done and use the lead the lakers back to glory selling point to lure whoever the best player at the time is here in free agency.

Bynum should be able to net you 3 rotational players. ANYTHING is better than watching the same team again.

For all his flaws, Bynum has a lot of value around the league. He may be injury prone and immature, but he's a 7'1 monster with a ridiculous wingspan and a strong work ethic. At worst we'd get back a young, athletic player, which is something we really need.

I'd like Mitch to call up Orlando and offer Bynum and Gasol for Howard. I know that's a lot of talent to give up, but Howard has proven to be a franchise player. I don't know if we'd seriously compete with Kobe, Howard, and a bunch of scrubs, but it would make rebuilding a lot easier once Kobe's contract comes off the books, and I imagine Howard's star power would draw interest from potential role players.

RazorBaLade
they do have the stones to do it...but they are not going to give away their players...like pau for Scola/lowry or Pay for Derrick Williams

heck the lakers rejected already Pau for Josh smith....

Would you really rather go into this season with the same guys that got wrecked last year or sign sessions and trade pau for josh smith then beasley for hill?

I dont know why the lakers turned that down. Its a home run. Who knows how dwight feels about coming here with josh then? Take the chance. Ugh.

Scola and lowry is a bad idea but I like derrick williams and whoever else minny gives.

YAWN
Gasol WILL be traded. Though I don't really want it to happen... I hope we get back a promising young PF who can shoot / get cheap points from rebounding, young PG who can shoot and play D, & a consistent scorer for the bench.

Id love to have a Varejao type of guy at PF.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
For all his flaws, Bynum has a lot of value around the league. He may be injury prone and immature, but he's a 7'1 monster with a ridiculous wingspan and a strong work ethic. At worst we'd get back a young, athletic player, which is something we really need.

I'd like Mitch to call up Orlando and offer Bynum and Gasol for Howard. I know that's a lot of talent to give up, but Howard has proven to be a franchise player. I don't know if we'd seriously compete with Kobe, Howard, and a bunch of scrubs, but it would make rebuilding a lot easier once Kobe's contracts come off the books, and I imagine Howard's star power would draw interest from potential role players.

Howard isn't willing to resign so all that would do is give up everything and howard could leave at the end of the year. Risky. We won't be able to get anyone either. Now if you get yourself josh smith for pau, howards bestie, then you put in bynum maybe howard wants to come here a little more and says trade me to lakers or im leaving.. which they will gladly do.

With that said, I'd still rather see what kobe and howard can do in one year than watch these slobs stuff their square pegs into a circle again.

Peteballa
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
You guys still have the black mamba... While you guys won't be as interesting or fun to watch as these new teams that are forming, y'all still can't be underestimated, even without any big FA signings. If you guys need a PG we can give you Chalmers & Cash considerations for Bynum. Get it done, Riley!

Oh and fire Mike Brown.

The-Legend-24
06-30-2012, 10:31 PM
They better get something, keeping this team the same isn't gonna cut it. Doesn't really matter who it is to me, either Gasol or Bynum, as long as we get some good pieces in return. C'mon Mitch!!!!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Would you really rather go into this season with the same guys that got wrecked last year or sign sessions and trade pau for josh smith then beasley for hill?

I dont know why the lakers turned that down. Its a home run. Who knows how dwight feels about coming here with josh then? Take the chance. Ugh.

Scola and lowry is a bad idea but I like derrick williams and whoever else minny gives.

miami showed us last year...that even if you are 3 of the top 10 players in the league...it will take time to gel and play with each other

Lakers are looking to create a bench right now and they seriuosly think thats what they were missing and i agree with them

thats why u hear names like Mayo/Hawes/humpries/N young/beasy linked to the lakers

and seriously thats what they need

LA_Showtime
Howard isn't willing to resign so all that would do is give up everything and howard could leave at the end of the year. Risky. We won't be able to get anyone either. Now if you get yourself josh smith for pau, howards bestie, then you put in bynum maybe howard wants to come here a little more and says trade me to lakers or im leaving.. which they will gladly do.

Where is Howard going to go? I'd rather do that trade and risk Howard leaving. I have a hard time believing he'd be willing to give up $20 million dollars, "Showtime," AND playing with another superstar. That would be extremely difficult to walk away from.

I don't like the Gasol/Smith trade, but I'm not totally against it. At least Smith plays hard. He'd instantly make this team better because he's a better defender than Gasol and he'd give us more than 12/10 in the playoffs. With that said, his ceiling would be much lower and I'm not sure he'd fit with Kobe and Bynum. He would do very badly off the ball and spotting up for jump shots.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:32 PM
miami showed us last year...that even if you are 3 of the top 10 players in the league...it will take time to gel and play with each other

Lakers are looking to create a bench right now and they seriuosly think thats what they were missing and i agree with them

thats why u hear names like Mayo/Hawes/humpries/N young/beasy linked to the lakers

and seriously thats what they need

I wish we had 3 top 10 players in the league. We have 1.

PickernRoller
06-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Not worried, although I hate D-leaguer scrubs get minutes in LA. This year was just too much to swallow with Barnes, Ebanks, Blake, Sessions, Murphy and Mcbob...

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 10:35 PM
I'll emphasize that I think we need to find a guy who can play off the ball or whose role isn't defined as a scorer. Kobe and Bynum are very gifted at their respective crafts, but both guys are ball stoppers and it throws everyone else out of rhythm. If we do trade Gasol, I think the only way this team becomes a championship contender is if the guy coming back is a deadly spot up shooter and can move without the ball. Given that there are very few players who can do that, I would rather trade Bynum and see if playing in the post rejuvenates Gasol.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Not worried, although I hate D-leaguer scrubs get minutes in LA. This year was just too much to swallow with Barnes, Ebanks, Blake, Sessions, Murphy and Mcbob...

Am I the only one that noticed barnes out of his 8 or so attempts in the playoffs, all wide open, did not hit the rim or backboard a single time?

TMT
06-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm not trying to hate or anything but I do think this line of thinking is funny coming from a Spurs fan.

What's so funny about it? We were legit title contenders this year. You guys haven't been the last 2.

The-Legend-24
06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure he ever hit a shot in the playoffs even when he was wide-open, wow lol. We really need some better bench players.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
What's so funny about it? We were legit title contenders this year. You guys haven't been the last 2.
lakers and spurs were legit contenders until they both met the thunder.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 10:43 PM
:cry:

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Yea did some research on barnes last season

He had multiple games with a negative game score. I don't know how thats possible but its quite an achievement.

from 3: 5/31 .. 16%
27% FG

15 turnovers, 16 made shots.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM

Excuse me? We weren't a legit title contender the year after winning 2 titles? How can a team at tempting a 3peat without changing the roster suddenly not even be a contender? We were the 3rd or so best team both years. Granted, thats the most we'll ever be now.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Lakers are exploring options for a Pau Gasol trade, but nothing is imminent, according to a person familiar with the conversations.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Yea did some research on barnes last season

He had multiple games with a negative game score. I don't know how thats possible but its quite an achievement.

from 3: 5/31 .. 16%
27% FG

15 turnovers, 16 made shots.

Yeah but to be fair the Lakers only paid Barnes vet min. I'm sure Steve Blake brought a lot less to the team for a cool 4 mill

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah but to be fair the Lakers only paid Barnes vet min. I'm sure Steve Blake brought a lot less to the team for a cool 4 mill

I like how whoever suggested giving blake a 4 year contract for that money still has a job

Deuce Bigalow
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Lakers need a bench. They don't have to get a superstar to be a contender.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
I like how whoever suggested giving blake a 4 year contract for that money still has a job

To think the 3 year MLE is actually helps the Lakers from doing something stupid. Amazing how they can convince Odom to go for a 3 year deal with a team option but throw Ron Artest and Steve Blake 5 and 4 year contracts respectively.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM

You can get a bench only by trading pau or bynum. If its bynum as showtime pointed out, you can get an amazing bench and also give pau who is a 2x champion the option to show he can still do it. Its absolutely essential. I only dream the thing holding them back is constantly waiting on howards decision because they want howard for bynum.

Unless you think murphy kapono mcroberts type signings are going to be what gets us over the hump

takai
06-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I would be going for Steve Nash. That guy is just what we need, plus he wants a ring, and the Lakers are his only chance to get one.

longtime lurker

No they need a superstar. They have 1 guy that plays like absolute crap in the playoffs and another that has dreams of the playboy mansion when he should be guarding the paint. You can build a bench by SMARTLY using the mini MLE and vet mins, but you this is still a superstar league.

caved
it doesnt look good for the Lakers at the damn Moment, bryants contract is crazy

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 10:58 PM
I would be going for Steve Nash. That guy is just what we need, plus he wants a ring, and the Lakers are his only chance to get one.

Wait what? :roll: :roll: :roll:

takai
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Wait what? :roll: :roll: :roll:
:facepalm

We need a PG with experience, plus that guy is a great play maker. And with Kobe and Bynum he'd be phenomenal. He can keep the team together too, would all around improve them greatly.

fpliii
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Gasol was emasculated when his girl dumped him before the playoffs a year ago, and you never know what you're gonna get from Bynum

either Drew has to learn to face double teams or both need to be dealt immediately (keeping Pau isn't an option since he'll never grow his sack back)

Deuce Bigalow
06-30-2012, 11:02 PM
You can get a bench only by trading pau or bynum. If its bynum as showtime pointed out, you can get an amazing bench and also give pau who is a 2x champion the option to show he can still do it. Its absolutely essential. I only dream the thing holding them back is constantly waiting on howards decision because they want howard for bynum.

Unless you think murphy kapono mcroberts type signings are going to be what gets us over the hump
No way do you trade Bynum for bench players. You only trade Bynum for Howard. I would rather trade Pau for a good package.
Don't we have an 8.9 million trade exception? Can't we use that for a trade?
If so, that should be used to get some good bench players.

DuMa

We need a PG with experience, plus that guy is a great play maker. And with Kobe and Bynum he'd be phenomenal. He can keep the team together too, would all around improve them greatly.

he along with Kobe would also get torched nightly by parker and westbrook, your WCF rivals

RazorBaLade
Seriously, 9 mil TPE I have no idea why they aren't getting nash for it. He can go play in Toronto next year after he gets a ring. It at least makes the team better.. doesn't mean you don't explore pau/bynum trades nonetheless, but its a better base.

it doesnt look good for the Lakers at the damn Moment, bryants contract is crazy

they are over the cap if he gets paid 1 dollar. The entire team was built under a different CBA and it shows.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:03 PM

No I'm laughing at the fact that you said it's his only chance to get a ring. He has a better chance signing with the Heat or Okc.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
No I'm laughing at the fact that you said it's his only chance to get a ring. He has a better chance signing with the Heat or Okc.

Its the only chance to get a ring with some honor. I'm sure thats what he meant.

takai
06-30-2012, 11:05 PM

Doubt the Heat would sign him, and Okc has westbrook. They don't need Nash. Lakers on the other hand, is exactly they need.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Seriously, 9 mil TPE I have no idea why they aren't getting nash for it. He can go play in Toronto next year after he gets a ring. It at least makes the team better.. doesn't mean you don't explore pau/bynum trades nonetheless, but its a better base.

they are over the cap if he gets paid 1 dollar. The entire team was built under a different CBA and it shows.

You know how you build a contender? You trade your TPE to get Mo Williams for nothing. Then you trade Jordan Hill for Mike Beasley. You just made two moves to improve your bench without spending the MLE, vet mins or trading your big 3 players. Contenders are made by tinkering not in 1 huge swoop.

takai
06-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Its the only chance to get a ring with some honor. I'm sure thats what he meant.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Doubt the Heat would sign him, and Okc has westbrook. They don't need Nash. Lakers on the other hand, is exactly they need.

Both these teams would sign him if he wanted them. I'm saying they give him a better chance of winning than the Lakers. I would only want Nash on the Lakers if they managed to get Dwight Howard. He would cover up a lot of Nash's defensive deficiencies.

Umad101
06-30-2012, 11:08 PM
No they need a superstar. They have 1 guy that plays like absolute crap in the playoffs and another that has dreams of the playboy mansion when he should be guarding the paint. You can build a bench by SMARTLY using the mini MLE and vet mins, but you this is still a superstar league.
no we dont. u know how many time our bench have blown leads when the big 3 would get some rest? they get too tired trying to clean up when our scrubs *** up. they need quilty bench to build and sustain the lead so our big three can be fresh come playoff time or when finishing games.

takai
06-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Both these teams would sign him if he wanted them. I'm saying they give him a better chance of winning than the Lakers. I would only want Nash on the Lakers if they managed to get Dwight Howard. He would cover up a lot of Nash's defensive deficiencies.

If we had the salary cap for it, then I would agree.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
no we dont. u know how many time our bench have blown leads when the big 3 would get some rest? they get too tired trying to clean up when our scrubs *** up. they need quilty bench to build and sustain the lead so our big three can be fresh come playoff time or when finishing games.

Yes the bench is awful, and so is Mike Brown. But the problem begins with the fact that Lakers have only 1 superstar that plays like a superstar consistently. You're putting the cart before the horse. Establish your superstars first, then bench after. No matter how good your bench is you need your superstars to step up.

takai
06-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Yes the bench is awful, and so is Mike Brown. But the problem begins with the fact that Lakers have only 1 superstar that plays like a superstar consistently. You're putting the cart before the horse. Establish your superstars first, then bench after. No matter how good your bench is you need your superstars to step up.

Yes, but a successful bench is crucial.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
You know how you build a contender? You trade your TPE to get Mo Williams for nothing. Then you trade Jordan Hill for Mike Beasley. You just made two moves to improve your bench without spending the MLE, vet mins or trading your big 3 players. Contenders are made by tinkering not in 1 huge swoop.

But that would require the clippers and mavs willing to improve the lakers when there are 29 other teams they can try to work a deal out with. They found a team.

We're the snobby rich kid who's dad buys us the newest toys every year, but the other kids parents formed a neighborhood watch and banned our new toy and now we need to make sure they allow us to get something before we can get it.

I agree though, sessions mo williams beasley is a good improvement.. But it'd have been REALLY good last year. You do those kind of minor tweaks when you lose once after 2 titles. When you lose twice, its time to do something. Right now, that makes our bench mediocre man. Maybe its a good bench, top 5. Still worse than OKC's bench and bynum still won't defend the pick and roll

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Yes, but a successful bench is crucial.

Well the Lakers had the worst bench in the league. There's literally no question about that. Even if they had a top 15 bench in the league the team goes no where as long as Bynum and Gasol don't play up to their potential. Look at the finals. Okc has a bench that destroys Miami's but once Miami's superstars started stepping up their game almost like magic the bench players started stepping up.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
I think theres a certain type of hatred that comes up between 3 players when they don't fit together. I just saw it a lot this year.

when kobe gets backed into a corner, he looks at pau. he does. fault him for it or not, pau is still his guy. And pau wants to be that guy, he was in gm 7's and elimination games.. But he looks to bynum and goes like, man, you deserve this, youre so good, let me step back! But kobe ain't really looking at bynum. That makes bynum angry and it turns to okay you 2 are so happy then you guys do it. Its a love triangle and those never work out do they? Someone always has to leave

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
But that would require the clippers and mavs willing to improve the lakers when there are 29 other teams they can try to work a deal out with. They found a team.

We're the snobby rich kid who's dad buys us the newest toys every year, but the other kids parents formed a neighborhood watch and banned our new toy and now we need to make sure they allow us to get something before we can get it.

I agree though, sessions mo williams beasley is a good improvement.. But it'd have been REALLY good last year. You do those kind of minor tweaks when you lose once after 2 titles. When you lose twice, its time to do something. Right now, that makes our bench mediocre man. Maybe its a good bench, top 5. Still worse than OKC's bench and bynum still won't defend the pick and roll

Lakers were originally in the deal to begin with, not Utah. That shows me that there was interest by both the Clippers and Dallas to get the deal done. It's the Lakers(which is usually the case) that probably pulled out of the deal because it wasn't a "big enough splash". Lakers fans need to stop with this crap that teams aren't willing to trade with them. Mo Williams isn't going to put the Lakers over the top, the Hornets traded Chris Paul to them of christ sakes! I'm just convinced that Lakers management don't understand how to actually build a team.

TheeBeast
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Lakers are still gonna be a top 4 team in the west. Watch

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Lakers were originally in the deal to begin with, not Utah. That shows me that there was interest by both the Clippers and Dallas to get the deal done. It's the Lakers(which is usually the case) that probably pulled out of the deal because it wasn't a "big enough splash". Lakers fans need to stop with this crap that teams aren't willing to trade with them. Mo Williams isn't going to put the Lakers over the top, the Hornets traded Chris Paul to them of christ sakes! I'm just convinced that Lakers management don't understand how to actually build a team.

What would you call the additions the lakers have made in the last 3 years?

Artest, blake, barnes, murphy, mcrob, jordan hill, sessions

Those arent tweaks?

takai
06-30-2012, 11:36 PM
You know what'll be funny? If Dwight doesn't get traded again this season and elects to opt-in for another season with the Magic. Then we all go through the same shit again for another season
Then he'll go down as the biggest diva in the NBA.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:37 PM
What would you call the additions the lakers have made in the last 3 years?

Artest, blake, barnes, murphy, mcrob, jordan hill, sessions

Those arent tweaks?

Besides Artest none of these guys are above average players or players with potential when the Lakers acquired them. Steve Blake was a career back up, Murphy signing was a complete joke, Barnes I won't complain he was a vet min and pretty decent before getting injured. Mcrob I'll blame more on Mike Brown than anything. Jordan Hill well they probably won't even keep him and gave up a first rounder in the process. Sessions was a good move to address their PG problem nothing wrong with him. With the exception of Artest all I see are bench players that have little upside to be starters. Where are the Shane Battiers, Tony Allens, Brandon Bass acquisitions. Guys who fill a hole, but still have that upside to them?

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM

The point is that you guys had a couple down years, kept your core together, and now you're contending again. What makes you think the Lakers couldn't do the same thing, especially when they've got the second best center in the league?

And anyway, what makes the Spurs different from the Lakers this year? We both had our shot to beat the Thunder, and we both lost.

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Besides Artest none of these guys are above average players or players with potential when the Lakers acquired them. Steve Blake was a career back up, Murphy signing was a complete joke, Barnes I won't complain he was a vet min and pretty decent before getting injured. Mcrob I'll blame more on Mike Brown than anything. Jordan Hill well they probably won't even keep him and gave up a first rounder in the process. Sessions was a good move to address their PG problem nothing wrong with him. With the exception of Artest all I see are bench players that have little upside to be starters. Where are the Shane Battiers, Tony Allens, Brandon Bass acquisitions. Guys who fill a hole, but still have that upside to them?

Could we have afforded them?

Eat Like A Bosh
06-30-2012, 11:48 PM
They don't have the assets necessary to acquire players.

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 11:49 PM
There are ways to improve our bench, but I doubt adding a legitimate bench player would put us over the hump. There's a reason they're bench players, after all. What this team needs to become serious contenders again is a trade. Bynum, Kobe, and Gasol are a great trio on paper, but their games don't mesh well. Bynum and Gasol are both post players and take away from each others' strengths; hell, if Bynum or Gasol were gone then Kobe would get more touches in the post too. Bynum and Kobe are also a poor fit, as both of them dominate the ball, causing the other guys to get out of sync. Given that we've seen what a motivated Gasol can do in the playoffs, along with Kobe's reign about to end, I'd rather see us trade Bynum. The kid has a lot of talent, but his injury history and immaturity lead me to think he'll never be more than a talented second option; so while giving up that potential would be tough, I think it's our best shot at getting another ring before Kobe retires.

longtime lurker
06-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Could we have afforded them?

Is that a serious question? Take a walk over to shamsports and look at their salaries. Then look at what the Lakers are paying some of their scrubs and proceed to drown your sorrows in a bottle of jack. Here's just an example:

Delonte West, Michael Pietrus, Nate Robinson, Michael Redd, Tmac all signed for the vet min last season. And before you say none of these guys would put the Lakers over the top look at who they signed to a vet min

Jason Kapono and Troy Murphy :cry:

takai
06-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Speak of the devil.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8115302/steve-nash-examines-options-says-staying-phoenix-suns-no-longer-home-run

Sounds like he's open to just about anywhere. Let's hope the we can pick him up. Why he is even considering Toronto is beyond me.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 12:02 AM

:kobe:

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Is that a serious question? Take a walk over to shamsports and look at their salaries. Then look at what the Lakers are paying some of their scrubs and proceed to drown your sorrows in a bottle of jack. Here's just an example:

Delonte West, Michael Pietrus, Nate Robinson, Michael Redd, Tmac all signed for the vet min last season. And before you say none of these guys would put the Lakers over the top look at who they signed to a vet min

Jason Kapono and Troy Murphy :cry:

wow...

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 12:03 AM

What about LO,Gasol,Bynum,Ariza,Kobe,Shaq,bringing Fisher & Phil back etc.......:lol

longtime lurker
07-01-2012, 12:03 AM
There are ways to improve our bench, but I doubt adding a legitimate bench player would put us over the hump. There's a reason they're bench players, after all. What this team needs to become serious contenders again is a trade. Bynum, Kobe, and Gasol are a great trio on paper, but their games don't mesh well. Bynum and Gasol are both post players and take away from each others' strengths; hell, if Bynum or Gasol were gone then Kobe would get more touches in the post too. Bynum and Kobe are also a poor fit, as both of them dominate the ball, causing the other guys to get out of sync. Given that we've seen what a motivated Gasol can do in the playoffs, along with Kobe's reign about to end, I'd rather see us trade Bynum. The kid has a lot of talent, but his injury history and immaturity lead me to think he'll never be more than a talented second option; so while giving up that potential would be tough, I think it's our best shot at getting another ring before Kobe retires.

If the Nets would do that Bynum+Sessions deal for DWill and Lopez then I'd shipped Bynum in a heartbeat. Otherwise Gasol's the one that needs to go. A team needs two guys in attack mode and Bynum and Kobe compliment each other in that regard. It's the rest of the team that needs to learn to playoff them.

longtime lurker
07-01-2012, 12:12 AM
What about LO,Gasol,Bynum,Ariza,Kobe,Shaq,bringing Fisher & Phil back etc.......:lol

If you're bring up moves from over 5 and 15 years ago then you're kinda proving my point.

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm thinking about and I gotta admit, its 100% true.

People HATED mitch and it was just ONE move and suddenly people loved him as a GM, the pau move. But he hasn't done squat since either. And now he plays from the sidelines just making minor tweaks, waiting for another lopsided trade to hit another giant homerun. I dunno. I think I see truth in that.

Lebron23
07-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Kupchak is an overrated GM.

Story Up
07-01-2012, 02:39 AM
You're a dipshit bandwagon jumper who has no thought of your own.

talkingconch
07-01-2012, 02:41 AM
*Looks at Avatar, Location*

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30988509/lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif

Lebron23
07-01-2012, 02:41 AM
You're a dipshit bandwagon jumper who has no thought of your own.

Who are you?

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 02:53 AM
If you're bring up moves from over 5 and 15 years ago then you're kinda proving my point.

Then every GM in the league is bad because they don't put a championship team out there every year.

Mitch is smart & he doesnt make panic moves like some GM's (signing horrible contracts, trading away good players, bad draft picks,etc)

And he consistently gets the Lakers good FA's, makes SMART trades, and has scouted some gems that weren't on anyones radar (Hill,Ariza,Shannon Brown,etc)....And those are things that a good GM does. If Stern didn't screw us over then this wouldn't even be a question.

Tenchi Ryu
07-01-2012, 02:56 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

$LakerGold
07-01-2012, 02:57 AM

LOL They have the money, they just can't go over the salary cap limit.

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 03:00 AM
LOL They have the money, they just can't go over the salary cap limit.

if u arent allowed to spend money its the same as not having it.. thats why i wrote it that way

takai
07-01-2012, 03:04 AM

:roll: :applause:

LakersReign
07-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Something MUST be done and done quickly cuz this team as is, can't compete for a title.

Da Hammer
07-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Sad to see that Kobe's final years will be on a non-contending team :facepalm

$LakerGold
07-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Care to explain why you said that?

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 03:37 AM
MITCH PUTTIN IN WORK

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
New story: Lakers make PG their No.1 priority in free agency. Reach out to Sessions; covet Billups, Nelson, Hinrich http://es.pn/QLnmE3

senelcoolidge
07-01-2012, 03:44 AM
Lakers got Robert Sacre and DJO. They are building their future. They also have Goudelouk, Ebanks, and that other guy that plays point guard. In a couple seasons the lakers won't even make the playoffs. They are screwed. But it's a new era.

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Lakers got Robert Sacre and DJO. They are building their future. They also have Goudelouk, Ebanks, and that other guy that plays point guard. In a couple seasons the lakers won't even make the playoffs. They are screwed. But it's a new era.

u build a future by trading for top 5 pick

which they wouldnt

what they hope to land another tony parker? DJO FTW

WeGetRing2012
08-19-2012, 04:02 PM
This thread still gives me a chuckle :lol

White Mamba
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM
:roll: :roll:

Freedom Kid7
08-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Hindsight sure is a bitch.

Colbertnation64
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
i banged ur mom

G-Funk
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM

llullz

G-Funk
08-19-2012, 04:52 PM

imnew09
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM

And you're a Laker fan? :facepalm

Batz
08-19-2012, 05:03 PM

TheeBeast
08-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Razorblade loses his prediction rights :lol

SpecialQue
08-19-2012, 05:39 PM
OP is the new Konex.

ILLsmak
08-19-2012, 05:46 PM
bumping threads is sogay. It has to be something really epic. Like you could bump a thread about the world ending on Jan 1st 2000. Or whenever that mayan shit is. But about this? I dunno...

-Smak

Al Thornton
08-19-2012, 05:51 PM
bumping threads is sogay. It has to be something really epic. Like you could bump a thread about the world ending on Jan 1st 2000. Or whenever that mayan shit is. But about this? I dunno...

-Smak

smak is a *****

- everyone

Jimmy2k8
08-19-2012, 06:59 PM
OP is the new Konex.

:lebronamazed:

Nick Young
08-19-2012, 07:16 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

RazorBaLade
08-19-2012, 07:25 PM
http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/12/nike-basketball-kobe-system-sm.jpg

You're welcome

FreezingTsmoove
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
smak is a *****

- everyone

:lol