PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard to new Orlando GM: "Trade me to the Nets!"

bagelred
06-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Dwight Howard met with new Magic GM Rob Hennigan Friday in LA. Howard told Hennigan he wants to be traded to Brooklyn Nets, sources say.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8118159/sources-dwight-howard-tells-orlando-magic-gm-wants-trade-brooklyn-nets

Dwight Howard met with new Orlando Magic GM Rob Hennigan Friday, telling him he wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Howard and Hennigan sat down face to face in Los Angeles, meeting for the first time since Hennigan became Orlando's GM nearly two weeks ago.

Hennigan was noncommital when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources said.

Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would or would not trade him. His intentions were merely to hear the thoughts of the Magic superstar.

Chris Bullshitsard:bowdown:

WeGetRing2012
06-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Chris Broussard really needs to stop. He obviously has an agenda :facepalm :facepalm

He is ignoring the news about Johnson. And reports garbage stuff from his "sources"....

LoneyROY7
06-30-2012, 10:43 PM
D-Will, D12, and Joe Johnson. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BROOKLYN STAND UP!

D12"Magic"
06-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Howard blew his chance. If he some how finds a way to play in Brooklyn than that'd be amazing.

colorz
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Howard blew his chance. If he some how finds a way to play in Brooklyn than that'd be amazing.

joey bada$$ avy :bowdown:

D12"Magic"
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
joey bada$$ avy :bowdown:
:pimp:

TMT
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Shocking twist in the plot!

:oldlol:

Just get it done already. I'm sick of the Dwight drama.

peejay89
06-30-2012, 10:48 PM

THIS

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Sometimes I sort of wish the Pacers would move so I could stop caring about the NBA

WockaVodka
06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I kind of wonder why Howard stopped going on twitter.

Batz
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Trolololololololol.

FrankTony
Man Dwight Howard is the biggest Diva in the NBA and it's not even close

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

this ...he got cold feet...when magic owner told him..he will be traded to lakers and ruin his FA rights

niko
06-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I sort of wish the Pacers would move so I could stop caring about the NBA
As a Knick fan i could tell you that sometimes players force their way to you and it doesn't mean a title, and sometime other players want to force their way to you and it doesn't happen.

Your team is nice, you're 1 PG away from being really nasty.

niko
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Nets Plans A,B and C **** up their cap situation. Howard will stay where he's traded if its a good team, becaues the only teams with cap room next year will suck.

There is actually more chance D12 goes to Brooklyn i think if Deron leaves.

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2012, 10:54 PM
As a Knick fan i could tell you that sometimes players force their way to you and it doesn't mean a title, and sometime other players want to force their way to you and it doesn't happen.

Your team is nice, you're 1 PG away from being really nasty.It's not that. I'm not whining, it's not "ohhh boohoo superstars don't want Indy."

It's just all the stupid bullshit drama. AAU for millionaire divas. I'd make so much fun of the NBA if I didn't have a rooting interest.

niko
06-30-2012, 10:55 PM
It's not that. I'm not whining, it's not "ohhh boohoo superstars don't want Indy."

It's just all the stupid bullshit drama. AAU for millionaire divas.
All sports are like that. You'd need to give up sports. Its not as evident in football because of the number of players but people do it. baseball? PLEASE. The typical yankee fan thinks the league is a farm system.

Its the way things are.

Derka
06-30-2012, 10:56 PM
So tired of this shit.

Broussard is worthless.

R.I.P.
06-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Dwight Howard to new Orlando GM: "Trade me to the Nets!"

New Magic GM to Howard:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s200/michael-scott-no.gif

Brook Lopez is a restricted free agent, so he has to agree to go to Orlando, Orlando has to want Lopez on a long-term contract and they need to match salaries. Easy.

D12"Magic"
06-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Im starting to think Howard will want to join the Nets even if they had the bobcats roster. :biggums:

SCREWstonRockets
06-30-2012, 10:59 PM
I say trade him to LA or HOU just to spite him or don't trade him at all. Let him walk, no sign and trade. Don't reward him by giving what he wants.

niko
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
If you are a Laker, Clipper, Rocket or GS fan please note - the Nets are about to do you a huge favor. I'm REALLY confused as to why. Deron must be telling them he's not waiting a year for a team. That's the only thing i can figure.

Kingwillball
This is like the 10th article, Thread or tweet in the last few weeks regarding Howard to the Nets not including all the stuff last season. This whole thing is just getting annoying Orlando accept the Fact he does not to be with you anymore and move on. Orlando is like a Jaded Husband or Wife who has been Cheated on been told they are in love with someone else but still wants to convince the other party to work it out and wants to stay in relationship.

Sarcastic
I say trade him to LA or HOU just to spite him or don't trade him at all. Let him walk, no sign and trade. Don't reward him by giving what he wants.

He won't sign the extension for those teams. They would be giving up major assets for a rental.

niko
06-30-2012, 11:02 PM
This is like the 10th article, Thread or tweet in the last few weeks regarding Howard to the Nets not including all the stuff last season. This whole thing is just getting annoying Orlando accept the Fact he does not to be with you anymore and move on. Orlando is like a Jaded Husband or Wife who has been Cheated on been told they are in love with someone else but still wants to convince the other party to work it out and wants to stay in relationship.
The Nets have nothing to trade. You basically want Orlando to rush into a bad deal to avoid embarrasment. If Orlando literally waits two weeks the nets will play themselves out of this and Howard will need to rethink his strategy.

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2012, 11:03 PM
All sports are like that. You'd need to give up sports. Its not as evident in football because of the number of players but people do it. baseball? PLEASE. The typical yankee fan thinks the league is a farm system.

Its the way things are.Again, I'm not talking about guys wanting to to big markets. I dislike it being a fan of a small market team, but I get it, I'm not going to knock them for it.

I'm talking about the multiple year long dramas we have of where's this guy or that guy gonna go and does he want to stay where he is. That kind of stuff doesn't come close to happening in other sports.

Calabis
06-30-2012, 11:03 PM

:applause:

Also after back surgery, teams better make sure he is still the player he was...possibly may be a degen. condition with possiblities of other discs rupturing or becoming herniated.

D12"Magic"
06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
If you are a Laker, Clipper, Rocket or GS fan please note - the Nets are about to do you a huge favor. I'm REALLY confused as to why. Deron must be telling them he's not waiting a year for a team. That's the only thing i can figure.
What are the Nets about to do?

BuffaloBill
06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
:banghead:

niko
06-30-2012, 11:06 PM
What are the Nets about to do?
You're going to take on long term salary, non movable salary that will not enable you to sign Dwight Howard. So his "I WILL ONLY EXTEND WITH NETS" threat means nothing if the Nets can't sign him. Remember Chris Paul? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS. OH SHIT, THEY CANT PAY ME? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS AND CLIPPERS.

Nets tried to get Scola, now Joe Johnson, and your backup plan is multiple year deals for Wallace, Lopez and a PF. Not saying your team won't be good, but trading for Howard? NOPE.

Kingwillball
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
The Nets have nothing to trade. You basically want Orlando to rush into a bad deal to avoid embarrasment. If Orlando literally waits two weeks the nets will play themselves out of this and Howard will need to rethink his strategy.

What if Dwill Signs I am sure Dwill has Told Howard he is staying or Howard wouldn't be so Hot to move to Brooklyn. He wants to be there for the Inaugural season in Brooklyn.

niko
06-30-2012, 11:11 PM
What if Dwill Signs I am sure Dwill has Told Howard he is staying or Howard wouldn't be so Hot to move to Brooklyn. He wants to be there for the Inaugural season in Brooklyn.

i don't think you are getting me. i think Dwight Howard wants to go there. But the Nets are going to use their cap space on veteran players who even if good, are not going to be contracts the magic will take on. And since the Nets cannot sign him in FA, what leverage does Dwight have? If he becomes, a Lakers (blegh), he's going to leave to go where?

D12"Magic"
06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
You're going to take on long term salary, non movable salary that will not enable you to sign Dwight Howard. So his "I WILL ONLY EXTEND WITH NETS" threat means nothing if the Nets can't sign him. Remember Chris Paul? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS. OH SHIT, THEY CANT PAY ME? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS AND CLIPPERS.

Nets tried to get Scola, now Joe Johnson, and your backup plan is multiple year deals for Wallace, Lopez and a PF. Not saying your team won't be good, but trading for Howard? NOPE.
I dont know to be honest what happens. Im not gonna say Nets aren't gonna get Howard yet, gotta see what the team does this off-season. But it is unlikely at this point.

niko
06-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I dont know to be honest what happens. Im not gonna say Nets aren't gonna get Howard yet, gotta see what the team does this off-season. But it is unlikely at this point.
If they get JJ it's pretty much dead unless they do nothing else. And they'll definitely resign Lopez.

It's confusing to me. I'm not trying to be an ass about it, it's just like the Wallace trade, the obvious downside outweights the benefit.

Kingwillball
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
i don't think you are getting me. i think Dwight Howard wants to go there. But the Nets are going to use their cap space on veteran players who even if good, are not going to be contracts the magic will take on. And since the Nets cannot sign him in FA, what leverage does Dwight have? If he becomes, a Lakers (blegh), he's going to leave to go where?

If Dwill Signs They will MAKE sure they have $ free to get Howrd either before this season or than when he hits FA market..They are not gonna take on a JJ if that ruins the chance to get Howard.

Sarcastic
06-30-2012, 11:15 PM
If Dwill Signs They will MAKE sure they have $ free to get Howrd either before this season or than when he hits FA market..They are not gonna take on a JJ if that ruins the chance to get Howard.

Exactly. It's only a matter of time before Dwight is in Brooklyn.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-30-2012, 11:16 PM

i think Orlando GM has told Howard that he will trade him to a team who presents the best package ...nets dont have it...they are behind Lakers, Rockets

thats why Howard is burning and leaking the info...thats what i think

I dont think the lakers will trade for him..if he is not signing the extension..

itsGameTime

I don't see why the Nets can't get Howard. Lopez (S&T), future 1st round pick, filler can get it done. Lakers aren't trading Bynum/etc for a one-year rental. It's pretty obvious at this point that the only team Howard wants is the Nets. Sooner Knicks fans realize it, sooner you guys can get over it.

niko
If they don't get Howard, Nets will make huge offer to OJ Mayo. Reminds me of my wife when i get the tax refund check. Nets need someone to remind them the money is not found money, it does count.

D12"Magic"
If they get JJ it's pretty much dead unless they do nothing else. And they'll definitely resign Lopez.

It's confusing to me. I'm not trying to be an ass about it, it's just like the Wallace trade, the obvious downside outweights the benefit.
Were not getting JJ. That should be thrown out the window.

Here is something interesting

Hennigan was noncommital when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources told Broussard. In addition, the ESPN writer said Howard is investigating whether the NBA Players Association would sue on his behalf to get his March 15 opt-in reversed, claiming that he was "blackmailed" into agreeing to stay in Orlando. There's no indication the NBPA will go along

Doubt it goes through though

ripthekik
WHY THE HELL DlD HE EXTEND ONE YEAR THEN

NoGunzJustSkillz
If they don't get Howard, Nets will make huge offer to OJ Mayo. Reminds me of my wife when i get the tax refund check. Nets need someone to remind them the money is not found money, it does count.

niko
06-30-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't see why the Nets can't get Howard. Lopez (S&T), future 1st round pick, filler can get it done.
No it can't. It won't be the best offer. Their picks are shit if they get Howard. There pick last year which had potential to be Anthony Davis did not get it done.

The Nets need the leverage of the FA. Without it, it doesn't work. People will keep saying it's wrong because people on this board tend to do that but even Wojo says it in the article.

CelticBaller
06-30-2012, 11:17 PM
D-Will, D12, and Joe Johnson. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BROOKLYN STAND UP!

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Hold on. He wants to sue the Magic for blackmail?

We've reached a new low point.

R.I.P.
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Blackmailed. Howard is nuts. :roll:

niko
06-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Were not getting JJ. That should be thrown out the window.

Here is something interesting

Doubt it goes through though

If you don't re-up we will trade you is not quite blackmail. What the **** is wrong with him?

D12, remove this post or i will yell at you. BLACKMAIL!

itsGameTime
06-30-2012, 11:20 PM
No it can't. It won't be the best offer. Their picks are shit if they get Howard. There pick last year which had potential to be Anthony Davis did not get it done.

The Nets need the leverage of the FA. Without it, it doesn't work. People will keep saying it's wrong because people on this board tend to do that but even Wojo says it in the article.

It's not about the best offer. If it's to a team that Dwight doesn't want to play for, he'll just walk after the season or be grumpy about playing there all year. Who's going to want a guy like that?

The best offer is Bynum, but the Lakers aren't doing it for a 1-year rental, otherwise it would've been done a long time ago last season.

D12"Magic"
06-30-2012, 11:20 PM
More on the black mailing

[QUOTE]The Orlando Magic may have influenced Dwight Howard to delay his free agency until July 1st, 2013, by threatening to trade him to the Los Angeles Lakers, reports Fred Kerber of the New York Post. Howard only signed the document waiving his Early Termination Option

Derka
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Dwight Howard is not getting traded to the Nets. They have absolutely nothing that Orlando wants in return.

No one's going to trade the kind of things that Orlando DOES want unless Dwight Howard is willing to sign a multi-year extension with their club, also prohibiting him from signing in Brooklyn as a free agent.

The best Brooklyn can hope for is that Orlando just lets him play his contract out and lets him walk. Highly unlikely.

niko
It's not about the best offer. If it's to a team that Dwight doesn't want to play for, he'll just walk after the season or be grumpy about playing there all year. Who's going to want a guy like that?

The best offer is Bynum, but the Lakers aren't doing it for a 1-year rental, otherwise it would've been done a long time ago last season.
We disagree. I think because you want something to happen and i dont care.

niko
More on the black mailing

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2012/4/6/2930660/dwight-howard-
trade-rumors-magic-lakers-threat-deadline-nets
No shit they influenced him. This is not blackmail. he cannot be so stupid as to really let this get out, can he?

R.I.P.
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Does he understand he could have walked from the Lakers to the Nets at the end of the season? :lol Are we supposed to believe he (and his agent) is that stupid?

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
wow

niko
06-30-2012, 11:23 PM
He wants the money like everyone else does. Paul wanted to be a Knick until he found out the money was so much less. Howard didnt go to LA because when he left to Brooklyn hed lose money. Its so stupid.

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Dwight Howard wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets but he knows it's unlikely. That's why he's exploring legal options to nullify opt-in.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Howard is a f'ing buffoon.:facepalm

itsGameTime
06-30-2012, 11:25 PM
No shit they influenced him. This is not blackmail. he cannot be so stupid as to really let this get out, can he?

Are we gonna act like Dwight Howard wasn't the guy who made it publicly known that he wanted Stan Van Gundy fired? :facepalm

D12"Magic"
I think i'd resign if I was the GM of the Nets :lol
Billy King has decisions and a lot to make

TheeBeast
Dwight is a big baby. Dude doesn't know WHAT he wants

Sarcastic
06-30-2012, 11:26 PM
WHY THE HELL DlD HE EXTEND ONE YEAR THEN

They told him he would be traded to the Lakers if he didn't.

niko
06-30-2012, 11:26 PM
He's really retarded. let's say this went to court. When would it end? Should the nets stop their offseason? Would Deron wait? You dont say ILL SUE and then the next day the courts take care of it.

:lol Lebron says stupid things sometimes that make me laugh. Dwight is just a spoiled jackass who must be incredibly dumb.

Sarcastic
06-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Dwight is a big baby. Dude doesn't know WHAT he wants

He knows exactly what he wants. He wants to go to Brooklyn.

longtime lurker
Howard is a f'ing buffoon.:facepalm

O
M
G

Just get the **** outta the NBA Dwight Howard.

niko
BLACKMAIL!:lol

Batz
So on the fifth of pages I state again:

Sources people, sources.

Riley Martin
If Howard didn't want to stay in Orlando for another year, why the hell did he opt in? The Magic's "threat" about trading him to the Lakers doesn't make sense. They were either A) bluffing about it, or B) they somehow trade him to the Lakers as a rental and he spends, what... 3 months there until the 2012 FA? Either way he could've walked tomorrow if he had wanted to.

itsGameTime
06-30-2012, 11:28 PM
This is what I don't get. If the Bynum/Ebanks/Blake offer was really on the table for Dwight for a 1-year rental, why didn't he take it? He could've just bolted from LA this offseason and signed as a free agent with Brooklyn. How stupid can someone be?

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2012, 11:29 PM
They told him he would be traded to the Lakers if he didn't.So? Howard wouldn't have had to resign with LA and could of been a Net at 12:01 AM EST tonight...

InspiredLebowski
Always look for the silver lining.

Now you can twist it and needle Lakers fans and tell them Dwight didn't want to go there so much that he'd rather sue than go there.

Dictator
Howard.....:facepalm :biggums:

Sarcastic
Does he understand he could have walked from the Lakers to the Nets at the end of the season? :lol Are we supposed to believe he (and his agent) is that stupid?

There would have been huge pressure from everyone in the world to sign with the Lakers after they gave up Bynum to get him. You can't just turn your back to the Lakers without any repercussions.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-30-2012, 11:30 PM
If Howard didn't want to stay in Orlando for another year, why the hell did he opt in? The Magic's "threat" about trading him to the Lakers doesn't make sense. They were either A) bluffing about it, or B) they somehow trade him to the Lakers as a rental and he spends, what... 3 months there until the 2012 FA? Either way he could've walked tomorrow if he had wanted to.
What is the difference in max money the Nets could offer him between coming there via fa or trade?

Jameerthefear
fvck dwight. Andrew Nicholson is our future...

:cry:

niko
Always look for the silver lining.

Now you can twist it and needle Lakers fans and tell them Dwight didn't want to go there so much that he'd rather sue than go there.
I must use that.

Riley Martin

But so what? if that were to happen, he'd just finish out the 2011-12 season as a Laker and still become a free agent in the summer.

I don't see the downside. I also don't see how Dwight thought Orlando would convince LA to trade Bynum for a 3-month rental of him.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-30-2012, 11:31 PM
There would have been huge pressure from everyone in the world to sign with the Lakers after they gave up Bynum to get him. You can't just turn your back to the Lakers without any repercussions.

Kingwillball

This.. The whole thing seems shady.. I think personally He wasned to go to Brooklyn all along but Friends Family Members and Teammates all Tried convince him trying to give it more time in Orlando and he caved to the pressure even though He knew his heart was in it anymore. Soon after he Realized he made a mistake and now like an immature Kid is trying to go back on his promise.

Sarcastic
What is the difference in max money the Nets could offer him between coming there via fa or trade?

About 1 year and $30 million, which for him and his endorsements doesn't mean much. He will get a max deal at the end of this contract too anyway. It's inconsequential to him.

itsGameTime
06-30-2012, 11:35 PM
You know what'll be funny? If Dwight doesn't get traded again this season and elects to opt-in for another season with the Magic. Then we all go through the same shit again for another season. :oldlol:

Sarcastic
06-30-2012, 11:36 PM

Am I wrong? :confusedshrug:

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2012, 11:36 PM
You know what'll be funny? If Dwight doesn't get traded again this season and elects to opt-in for another season with the Magic. Then we all go through the same shit again for another season. :oldlol:This is the last year of the deal. There's nothing to opt into.

NBA2k-Monster23
06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
All I can say is Dwight is so hell bent on going to Brooklyn it's driving people crazy. Now don't get me wrong he is a person and people sometimes want what they want. I completely understand that because I'm like that as a person. He needs to open his eyes because Orlando isn't going to trade him to a team that can't put a good offer together. It's not going down like that, Orlando wants some type of cornerstone players who they can rebuild with. If Dwight wants to blame anybody it's Billy King because he F*** the situation up. I'm to the point now were I don't care where Dwight goes. He is not about winning, if he was he wouldn't mind coming to LA. All I can say is if he force a trade to Brooklyn welcome to a Bobcats roster.

ripthekik
He could have just made an announcement.. if Lakers trade for me, I might not being going back to them. :lol

He got injured early.. so basically all this for 1 more month in Magics uniform? :roll: :roll:

Is this guy trying to out-troll lebron?

Locked_Up_Tonight
Howard not only needed to go to college but he needed to quit letting all his tutors do the work for him in high school. He is a f*cking idiot.

Brickz187
06-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Dwight is trying to take legal actions against the Magic for blackmailing him to opt in. This is getting out of hand if true.

blacknapalm
06-30-2012, 11:41 PM
this guy either has a peanut brain, bipolar disorder or has no backbone (insert back surgery joke here). you decide

RazorBaLade
06-30-2012, 11:42 PM
in his situation and what i think he wants, obv brooklyn only no lakers etc, I'd do this:

come out with a press release stating the following:

I love the city of orlando but am deeply disappointed in the ownership and front office of the team... This dilemma caused me to opt in for my final year but I cannot be here a moment longer. I want to play for the nets. It would be a sham for a team to want me and for me to want a team and to not be able to get there because of petty and bitter employees. So I am going to make it very simple:

I will not play another minute for a team that is not the nets. I want to strive to bring the championship to brooklyn. If they don't trade me, I'll leave the second I can. If they trade me to a team that is not the nets, I will not play for them. The risk is not worth it. The nets can put together a good but not great package and orl needs to decide right now if they want to get nothing or something. And any other team trying to trade for me, I promise, I will not play for you.

how much of a shithole does that put him in? is it worth it?

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Howard should have just called the Magic's bluff and opted out. Even if they had traded him he could have signed with the Nets. :lol

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
this guy either has a peanut brain, bipolar disorder or has no backbone (insert back surgery joke here). you decide
Or all of the above.

DFish
06-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Telling a player you're going to trade them to a certain team isn't blackmailing just because they don't want to play for that team. :oldlol:

The bottom line is this: if Dwight really wanted to be in Brooklyn so badly, he would've found his way to free agency on 07/01/2012. He was perfectly capable of doing so. He chose not to. And that's because he's incredibly indecisive and susceptible to pressure by agents, friends and family.

Brickz187
06-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Brandon Jennings posted this on twitter before he deleted it.

@BRAND0NJENNINGS: Dwight Howard is acting weird now.... Smh

Seems like even fellow NBA players are seeing how weird and dumb Dwight is acting right now. Dwight is losing a lot of respect by a lot of people right now. Such a likable guy, but is now being looked at as a moron.

blacknapalm
06-30-2012, 11:50 PM
are there any magic fans that still back this dude? they're still selling those loyalty shirts :lol

LA_Showtime
06-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Brandon Jennings posted this on twitter before he deleted it.

@BRAND0NJENNINGS: Dwight Howard is acting weird now.... Smh

Seems like even fellow NBA players are seeing how weird and dumb Dwight is acting right now. Dwight is losing a lot of respect by a lot of people right now. Such a likable guy, but is now being looked at as a moron.

In Dwight's defense, he hasn't come out and said any of this stuff. For all we know the media could just be making up a bunch of bullshit to generate headlines, or else Orlando's front office is the source and they're just doing it to be *****.

Brickz187
06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
In Dwight's defense, he hasn't come out and said any of this stuff. For all we know the media could just be making up a bunch of bullshit to generate headlines, or else Orlando's front office is the source and they're just doing it to be *****.

Very true. We still have yet to hear anything straight from Dwight. The media is really making him look foolish right now though.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2012, 11:58 PM
In Dwight's defense, he hasn't come out and said any of this stuff. For all we know the media could just be making up a bunch of bullshit to generate headlines, or else Orlando's front office is the source and they're just doing it to be *****

And they are blackmailing him, by making him not talk!

niko
06-30-2012, 11:59 PM
in his situation and what i think he wants, obv brooklyn only no lakers etc, I'd do this:

come out with a press release stating the following:

I love the city of orlando but am deeply disappointed in the ownership and front office of the team... This dilemma caused me to opt in for my final year but I cannot be here a moment longer. I want to play for the nets. It would be a sham for a team to want me and for me to want a team and to not be able to get there because of petty and bitter employees. So I am going to make it very simple:

I will not play another minute for a team that is not the nets. I want to strive to bring the championship to brooklyn. If they don't trade me, I'll leave the second I can. If they trade me to a team that is not the nets, I will not play for them. The risk is not worth it. The nets can put together a good but not great package and orl needs to decide right now if they want to get nothing or something. And any other team trying to trade for me, I promise, I will not play for you.

how much of a shithole does that put him in? is it worth it?
Everyone knows he won't sign there for less money so it changes nothing and destroys his image.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM

Honestly that what I think is happening.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
And they are blackmailing him, by making him not talk!

He's not gonna come out & defend every rumor about him. What NBA player does????

mmsupra
07-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Just trade him but what can the nets offer at this point? I'd rather take a bag of chips and a pickle with my firehouse combo than what they can get from Nets.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 12:08 AM
My problem with this is what can the Nets offer? Magic can get better deals else where. He blew it last year.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Orlando can get a better deal from the Rocketa who will
Be willing to take a risk.

blacknapalm
07-01-2012, 12:10 AM
My problem with this is what can the Nets offer? Magic can get better deals else where. He blew it last year.

because orlando then has to convince other teams to trade for him...even if dwight himself says he refuses to sign there. would you gut your team for a rental? he's not going to sign with houston - he's pretty much even said so. houston needs to bring in a cornerstone they can rely on for a few years and that's not dwight

AMISTILLILL
07-01-2012, 12:16 AM

Sounds familiar.

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Still Orlando's decision. I mean the Nets can basically offer a package of Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Jordan Williams, Anthony Morrow, and picks, plus maybe some international players. I doubt that's good enough though.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Still Orlando's decision. I mean the Nets can basically offer a package of Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Jordan Williams, Anthony Morrow, and picks, plus maybe some international players. I doubt that's good enough though.
Exactly it's a horrible package. That's what make this BS Howard Gould of left last year. This is a LeBron type move screwing over your old team. Losing respect for Howard if he does so.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Exactly it's a horrible package. That's what make this BS Howard Gould of left last year. This is a LeBron type move screwing over your old team. Losing respect for Howard if he does so.

Lebron didnt screw up his team for 2 years...he was FA and he went to a team he wanted....

I agree he did it the wrong way and celebrated the wrong way...but he didnt screw his old team

HylianNightmare
07-01-2012, 12:48 AM
lets trade to the team that offers the best package instead

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 12:52 AM
lets trade to the team that offers the best package instead

this...if i was magic gm...i dont care if howard is mad ...I would trade him to the team that gives me best chance to rebuild or retool

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2012, 01:01 AM
I still don't understand. If he really, really, really wanted to go to Brooklyn he should've just opted out. This would be a non-issue.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Not as simple as that though. Dwight can easily just say, "I will not resign with -insertteam-"

Troutfisch
07-01-2012, 01:18 AM
He won't sign the extension for those teams. They would be giving up major assets for a rental.
Can't speak for LA, but from what I've heard the Rockets are willing to take that risk.

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 01:35 AM
I still don't understand. If he really, really, really wanted to go to Brooklyn he should've just opted out. This would be a non-issue.

They blackmailed him and said he would be traded to LA if he didn't opt in.

He doesn't want LA on his resume at all. he doesn't want to be Shaq 2.0, and he doesn't want to be the guy that walked away from the Lakers.

nbaballllller
07-01-2012, 01:43 AM

lmao thats ridiculous.

lebron played out his 7 years of contract. never asked for a trade and then choose another team during free agency.

since then the cavs have been able to rebuild thru the draft and they have alot of cap room and the future looks bright.

dwight howard is on that melo time. biggest primadona in the league.

NugzFan
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Not as simple as that though. Dwight can easily just say, "I will not resign with -insertteam-"

so true.

man i miss the old nba where the league wasnt full of such babies.

these days every star is a primadonna and a whiny bitch who has to get everything their way. man up dwight - go play your best, give 100% no matter what team you are on. you are getting paid 10s of millions of dollars. be grateful if its in orlando, new jersey, portland, charlotte, milwaukee, dallas, chicago, WHEREVER.

dwight is such a bitch. just like most superstars these days.

tomtucker
07-01-2012, 02:19 AM
can someone plaese tell me, if he wants to get a ring: why the fukk does he wanna go to the nets.........:eek:

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 02:23 AM
can someone plaese tell me, if he wants to get a ring: why the fukk does he wanna go to the nets.........:eek:

He wants the best legacy he can get, not the most rings he can get

Derka
07-01-2012, 02:23 AM

That's been my feeling all along with this. He's been adamant about wanting to be in the best possible situation to win a title. Somehow, the Lakers and the Bulls aren't even an option, regardless of the fact that the Bulls are a guaranteed title with him on board.

Brooklyn isn't winning a damned thing in the next 5-8 years. With Howard and DWill, they'd be a .500ish team. This insistence on being a Net that the media continues to harp on completely contradicts the boy's own words.

InspiredLebowski
07-01-2012, 02:27 AM
can someone plaese tell me, if he wants to get a ring: why the fukk does he wanna go to the nets.........:eek:Big market. Big swag owner. Owner's yet to prove it but all the (self produced) hype is that he'll spend whatever it gets. Dude is RICH, the big lux taxes of the new CBA apparently mean dick to him.

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 02:31 AM
:lol @ any team being. 500 with D-Will and Howard.

Derka
07-01-2012, 02:36 AM

No more than 10 games above .500. Anymore than that is overachieving.

C-P-3
07-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Can someone explain to me how Dwight is acting 1000 times worse than LBJ did and not taking nearly as much criticism or hate?

Lebron23
07-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Can someone explain to me how Dwight is acting 1000 times worse than LBJ did and not taking nearly as much criticism or hate?

Lakers stans wants him to play on their team. Dwight is a bigger diva than LeBron. He's very unprofessional. Diva Howard throws his coach and teammates under the bus.

RazorBaLade

first of all we have no idea if any of this is true

if it is, its still not as bad imo BUT he should be getting railed no doubt.. hes not good enough tho. It takes a top 15, MAYBE top 20 talent to ever get destroyed by media and fans

bmulls

He's not as good.

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Lakers stans wants him to play on their team. Dwight is a bigger diva than LeBron. He's very unprofessional. Diva Howard throws his coach and teammates under the bus.

DWight being indecisive about teams and going back and forth isn't the same as the decision and not 1 not 2.

Lebron23
07-01-2012, 02:46 AM
He's not as good.

This

tomtucker
07-01-2012, 02:55 AM

regular season don

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]regular season don

Rowe
07-01-2012, 03:06 AM
No more than 10 games above .500. Anymore than that is overachieving.
:roll: :roll:

tomtucker
07-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Where did I say anything about post season?

nowhere........just saying he will never get a ring in nj........this dude just need to quit the nba and join the harlem globetrotters.........:D

Rowe
07-01-2012, 03:11 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]regular season don

Rowe
07-01-2012, 03:17 AM
nowhere........just saying he will never get a ring in nj........this dude just need to quit the nba and join the harlem globetrotters.........:D

People said LeBron would never get a ring in Miami too.

He's the best big man in the NBA.

As long as he stays healthy, who knows how many rings he can win.

Keep in mind he already has carried a team to the NBA Finals.

Trying to join up with another prime star is the best route to go.

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 03:23 AM

You're right. They won't win in NJ. They play in Brooklyn now.

LelBron
07-01-2012, 03:25 AM

http://i.imgur.com/6tghK.jpg

takai
07-01-2012, 03:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6tghK.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

tomtucker
07-01-2012, 03:30 AM
You're right. They won't win in NJ. They play in Brooklyn now.

oh shit.....you got me........:oldlol:.....okay, never win in brooklyn with dwight

tomtucker
07-01-2012, 03:32 AM

:eek: you sure, man ?

tomtucker
07-01-2012, 03:35 AM

right, but don

Rowe
07-01-2012, 03:50 AM
:eek: you sure, man ?
Where were you when 3/4 of the site was convinced Miami could not win a ring because LeBron is a "choker"?

Not just ISH but plenty of people in real life said he couldn't win due to not being able to mesh with Wade in the half court.

He wins and now nobody speaks about it.

Rowe
07-01-2012, 03:52 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]right, but don

ripthekik
07-01-2012, 04:23 AM
You mean TWO prime stars? :lol

All Net
07-01-2012, 05:56 AM
:rolleyes: Here we go again... Dwight is such an idiot.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Where were you when 3/4 of the site was convinced Miami could not win a ring because LeBron is a "choker"?

Not just ISH but plenty of people in real life said he couldn't win due to not being able to mesh with Wade in the half court.

He wins and now nobody speaks about it.
I still think LeBron is a choker...the sun shines in a dogs a$$ frOm time to time

AlonzoGOAT
07-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I still think LeBron is a choker...the sun shines in a dogs a$$ frOm time to time

The Entire playoffs?

9erempiree
07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Lebron had great stats but it wasn't anything epic and there wasn't anything memorable about it.

A bunch of empty stats but this time around he eventually won.

Nick Young
07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Dwight Howard is such a gigantic bitch

ralph_i_el
07-01-2012, 08:34 AM
why do the magic care? Ship him off for the best offer and be done with it. If a team wants to splurg on a rental (houston) let em:biggums:

mentallooser
07-01-2012, 08:35 AM
They need to start signing contracts for these meetings. Too much info from private conversations gets leaked.

Lebron23
07-01-2012, 08:43 AM
The Entire playoffs?

LeBron in 2012 > Kobe in 2009 and 2010. LeBron will have much better numbers in the 2013 NBA Season. Dwight needs to be traded ASAP.

edrick
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
A bunch of empty stats but this time around he eventually won.

oh, trolls. I love thee.

Dwight's being a little bitch.

Faptastrophe
07-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Dwight didn't wanted to end like LeBron did, but he will end up even worse.

niko
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
He sabotaged the Nets again. They can't trade now, they are better off at the deadline when they can trade new FA's, or their own signed guys. For them to trade now means either absorbing all Orlando's bad players and creating a crappy team OR doing multiple S&T's, which won't work becaues their own players will extort them. (What is the motivation for Lopez to sign at less than Max value in a trade?)

He's so ****ing dumb its amazing.

red1
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
:facepalm dwight. fukk this n*gga for real

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 10:11 AM
He sabotaged the Nets again. They can't trade now, they are better off at the deadline when they can trade new FA's, or their own signed guys. For them to trade now means either absorbing all Orlando's bad players and creating a crappy team OR doing multiple S&T's, which won't work becaues their own players will extort them. (What is the motivation for Lopez to sign at less than Max value in a trade?)

He's so ****ing dumb its amazing.

The nets can wait but I don't thin d Williams is waiting on this fooL

veilside23
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
just wait and see ... For mother Russia ... This guy will do everything for his franchise to win

http://therookiewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Mikhail-Prokhorov.jpg

Faptastrophe
07-01-2012, 02:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EZ30c.png

niko
07-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Dennis Scott says the Magic are not only upset with Dwight they are upset with the Nets who they feel pushed Dwight to ask out so they consider the Nets a last resort for any trade. :lol

blacknapalm
07-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Dennis Scott says the Magic are not only upset with Dwight they are upset with the Nets who they feel pushed Dwight to ask out so they consider the Nets a last resort for any trade. :lol

good lord, this is some serious 'days of our lives' shit :oldlol:

be professional about it and get it over with. bury this storyline to hell, sick of reading about it

D12"Magic"
07-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Who is Dennis Scott. You gotta Link ?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 10:40 PM

you are magic fan or a dwight fan??? you dnot know who dennis scott is?

Clippersfan86
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Played with Shaq on Magic. 3 point specialist. Very solid offensive player.

D12"Magic"
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
you are magic fan or a dwight fan??? you dnot know who dennis scott is?
He use to play for Orlando.
I was implying I doubt he knows much. He obviously has connections to the Magic's office, and lol at them being mad, let em.

Either way its time to move on from a Net standpoint and leave Howard alone.

I haven't seen much news about that thing Niko said though

veilside23
07-01-2012, 10:48 PM
i wonder who will be traded to magic for d12 ? maybe the nets stadium before for d12? :banana:

KyrieTheFuture
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Dwight is gonna be a rental somewhere for the rest of the year. He aint staying in ORL and he sure as hell wont be going to the nets in a trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 11:25 PM
He use to play for Orlando.
I was implying I doubt he knows much. He obviously has connections to the Magic's office, and lol at them being mad, let em.

Either way its time to move on from a Net standpoint and leave Howard alone.

I haven't seen much news about that thing Niko said though

i think thats why you are seeing nets involved in all other deals like joe johnson...Scola....boozer....i kid ...i kid about boozer ..but with billy u never know