PDA

View Full Version : Lakers & Magic Begin trade talks for Dwight

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Twitter

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: Lakers, Magic have contact about possible trade talks for Dwight Howard. http://t.co/zGvyyDjV"

Source Woj

The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic have had preliminary contact about a possible deal for All-Star center Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

While the Lakers have yet to make a direct offer, there's no scenario where Orlando would move Howard to the Lakers without getting back Andrew Bynum, L.A.'s 24-year-old All-Star center. Pau Gasol wouldn't fit the Magic's desires to rebuild with young players and draft picks.

The Lakers had been willing to part with Bynum for Howard in March, but those talks ended when Howard decided to decline his early termination option and remain under contract through the 2012-13 season.

The Magic reached out to teams Saturday and told them that they’ll discuss proposals about moving Howard, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--magic-are-weighing-trade-offers-for-dwight-howard.html;_ylt=As7lPuGnswZM60wfXTXVttS8vLYF

D-Rose
07-01-2012, 03:05 PM
The title is very misleading.

Y! Sources: Lakers, Magic have contact about possible trade talks for Dwight Howard. http://tinyurl.com/7n3hgn5

BlueandGold
07-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I've said this so many times on here that i'm starting to feel like a broken record:

Bynum for Howard straight up the best offer the Magic gonna get.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
This is brand new information

AMISTILLILL
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Weird, another misleading thread from the shitty OP. Posted 11 minutes ago:

"Lakers, Nets, Rockets discuss potential Dwight Howard trade with Magic"
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--magic-are-weighing-trade-offers-for-dwight-howard.html

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 03:09 PM
This is it. everyone knows, what the convo is gonna go like...

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 03:10 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--magic-are-weighing-trade-offers-for-dwight-howard.html

Deal with it

Doctor Rivers
07-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Bynum's contract is up after next season right? No guarantee he'll re-sign.

LA_Showtime
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Bynum's contract is up after next season right? No guarantee he'll re-sign.

Bynum doesn't strike me as the type of guy who cares where he plays as long as he gets paid. I think he, like most young stars, is eager to prove himself as a top flight player. Of course that would most likely change after 2-3 years of disappointing seasons.

D12"Magic"
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM

This should be the thread title.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Lakers can make the best offer period. But getting Howard......we will still need more pieces.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM

I went based off the twitter post...

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Think about this as wel....Howard is in LA why we all type.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Lakers can make the best offer period. But getting Howard......we will still need more pieces.

I dunno

D-Rose
What's the best offer each team can make? Seems Lakers have Bynum and late first rounders, Nets have Lopez, Brooks, 1st rounders, and Rockets have Lowry, Scola and plenty of young picks and future 1st rounders.

I don't see why the Magic should take anyone but the Rockets deal if they want to truly go into a rebuilding phase.

DirtySanchez
Are u a Magic fan or Dwight fan? If u are a Magic fan what would u like to see happen.

AMISTILLILL
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I went based off the twitter post...

Which gives a link to the full article, which gives the full title of what I just posted. You posted it to be a misleading agenda driven dork, so just admit it already.

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Think about this as wel....Howard is in LA why we all type.

That means absolutely nothing.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Gasol & three team trade with the Timberwolves & Rockets will have us set.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 03:18 PM
What's the best offer each team can make? Seems Lakers have Bynum and late first rounders, Nets have Lopez, Brooks, 1st rounders, and Rockets have Lowry, Scola and plenty of young picks and future 1st rounders.

I don't see why the Magic should take anyone but the Rockets deal if they want to truly go into a rebuilding phase.

But Scola is 33(?) and has a horrible contract, I doubt that's what they want, and the 1st round picks aren't that great either.

D12"Magic"
Are u a Magic fan or Dwight fan? If u are a Magic fan what would u like to see happen.
Favorite Player: D12
Favorite Team: Hometown Nets

Would love to see him in Brooklyn. Im upset I did not get to see him live last season in the Nets last season in NJ

talkingconch
http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61_m.gif

LA_Showtime

Bynum's a better get than Lowry and Scola. I know I say this a lot, but first round picks are overrated. They are hardly a guaranteed success... in fact I'd argue most of them turn out pretty worthless. Bynum is what, 23 years old? I see no reason why he can't lead Orlando to the playoffs. Even if he's a massive disappointment, there is always a market for size.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Which gives a link to the full article, which gives the full title of what I just posted. You posted it to be a misleading agenda driven dork, so just admit it already.

Its not a misleading title if you read the article it says that the Nets have moved on and that Dwight is not a top priority.

And that the Rockets are determined to land him. Not that the Rockets & Magic have begun talks like the Lakers.

Lakers are making moves. Cry now :cry: :cry:

D-Rose
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
But Scola is 33(?) and has a horrible contract, I doubt that's what they want, and the 1st round picks aren't that great either.
They'd probably put Kevin Martin in there instead as he's an expirer. and getting at least two of those mid draft picks this year and perhaps a couple in the future could go a long way. I'd rather have all the young pieces than just Bynum.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM

1st rounders won't mean jack if dwight resigns with the rockets.

Segatti
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Black Mamba needs help to get his sixth ring. Trade his ass to LA.

D-Rose
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
1st rounders won't mean jack if dwight resigns with the rockets.
Which he likely won't in my opinion. The cap flexibility of not having Bynum as well would be crucial. That's just my take on if they want a true rebuilding phase, if not the Bynum deal is more appealing.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Which he likely won't in my opinion. The cap flexibility of not having Bynum as well would be crucial. That's just my take on if they want a true rebuilding phase, if not the Bynum deal is more appealing.

Thats not how you rebuild. Bynum is a good young player they would rather have that than cap space. If the did have cap space they would just be looking for players like Bynum to build around...doesnt make sense. :confusedshrug:

AMISTILLILL
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Its not a misleading title if you read the article it says that the Nets have moved on and that Dwight is not a top priority.

And that the Rockets are determined to land him. Not that the Rockets & Magic have begun talks like the Lakers.

Lakers are making moves. Cry now :cry: :cry:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241475&page=7

Would have thought your fanbase would have learned its lesson by now. :rolleyes:

What am I supposed to be crying about? Extrapolate, if you would.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241475&page=7

Would have thought your fanbase would have learned its lesson by now. :rolleyes:

What am I supposed to be crying about? Extrapolate, if you would.

"Basketball reasons"....

You would think haters have learned by now....

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

Lakers are building another dynasty. Somebody get this guy a tissue...:cry: :cry:

niko
07-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Nets are going to use up their cap room because they aren't waiting on howard. That pretty much restricts his leverage because he's not signing for less than max money, which very few attractive locations will have next year.

He's going to the Lakers, people need to get over it. Orlando wants Bynum, does not want lopez. It's always been like that.

Magic could have had Lopez and half the universe from the Nets last year. I'd be surprised if now a more expensive Lopez and a fraction in terms of picks of what the nets have would get him. Especially with the Nets clearly moving on.

AMISTILLILL
07-01-2012, 03:32 PM
"Basketball reasons"....

You would think haters have learned by now....

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

Lakers are building another dynasty. Somebody get this guy a tissue...:cry: :cry:

You need to work on your trolling, my friend. Your attempts are falling flat, unfortunately.

Bookmarked for future giggles.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Nets are going to use up their cap room because they aren't waiting on howard. That pretty much restricts his leverage because he's not signing for less than max money, which very few attractive locations will have next year.

He's going to the Lakers, people need to get over it. Orlando wants Bynum, does not want lopez. It's always been like that.

Yup. Deron is NOT coming to LA. And the Lakers will most likely trade Pau for pieces with Wolves & Rockets.

takai
07-01-2012, 03:41 PM
About damn time

talkingconch
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Yup. Deron is NOT coming to LA. And the Lakers will most likely trade Pau for pieces with Wolves & Rockets.
I wouldnt count it out. if the lakers can dangle gasol for cp3 last year (but we still had odom) maybe they can make something work with a 3-team trade this year. Having howard on the Lakers is definitely attractive to Deron too

Nash
07-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Howard in LA won't make any difference. They still need a lot more pieces and that won't happen with Kobe, Gasol and Howard eating up the whole cap space.

LA should keep Bynum, trade Gasol and hope for something good in return. Maybe Gasol + trade exception for Scola and Martin.

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM

Magic could have had Lopez and half the universe from the Nets last year. I'd be surprised if now a more expensive Lopez and a fraction in terms of picks of what the nets have would get him. Especially with the Nets clearly moving on.

You've been saying this for a year and it still hasn't happened. If he wanted to be a Laker, he'd be a Laker already.

He will never wear a Lakers jersey. Book it. He preferred to stay in Orlando than go to the Lakers.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I wouldnt count it out. if the lakers can dangle gasol for cp3 last year (but we still had odom) maybe they can make something work with a 3-team trade this year. Having howard on the Lakers is definitely attractive to Deron too

Too many mouths to feed with Deron/Kobe/Dwight

I would want us to trade Gasol for pieces (Lowry,Lamb,Beasley (sign & trade)

ispin69
07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Dwight doesn't want to be Laker AND Kupchak/Jim Buss doesn't want to part with Bynum.

These threads are useless. Lakers fans want to dream big but it's not like D12 is going to be better than BOTH Bynum and Gasol combined. They have more issues to take care of than just the big men spot.

niko
You've been saying this for a year and it still hasn't happened. If he wanted to be a Laker, he'd be a Laker already.

He will never wear a Lakers jersey. Book it. He preferred to stay in Orlando than go to the Lakers.
Avi bet? 1week only, bragging rights. I get lakers, you all other.

General
Bynum is the best the Magic can get. Second best big man in the game next to Dwight, young, and he's hungry to prove he can be a 1st option.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Howard in LA won't make any difference. They still need a lot more pieces and that won't happen with Kobe, Gasol and Howard eating up the whole cap space.

LA should keep Bynum, trade Gasol and hope for something good in return. Maybe Gasol + trade exception for Scola and Martin.
it's a start. gotta remember bynum's shtty attitude during the play-offs. say what u want about dwight but he is 100x more reliable than bynum.

It's A VC3!!!
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM

Exactly. Dwight Howard wants to go to Brooklyn so badly that he has contacted the league to disqualify his ETO so that he can be a FA right now. He hasn't contacted the league because he wants the Lakers, or prefers staying with the Magic. His mind is on one team only. When somebody is that desperate to go to a team, they find a way. Howard is doing everything possible to end up in Brooklyn.

There is no way Dwight will ever accept a role with the Lakers. I can envision a lackluster performance if dealt to the Lakers, purposely. Rob Hennigan is aware that Howard wants the Nets too. The Nets are also currently working on a 3 team trade that will obtain them Dwight Howard. I would advise the Nets to wait a bit so that the league can choose if they will accept or deny Howard his wish to shred his ETO papers.

I believe that this hoopla needs to end right now and teams need to stop holding Dwight Howard hostage. He wants Brooklyn. Send him there so the Dwightmare can end.

BallsOut
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
If it's a 1-year rental, stupid deal for the Lakers. The only Howard trade I would make is if he signs for at least 2 years and Lakers only give up Bynum/Blake/Eyenga, NO PICKS since supposedly Orlando was going to accept Bynum/Blake/Ebanks for Howard last season.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Bynum is the best the Magic can get. Second best big man in the game next to Dwight, young, and he's hungry to prove he can be a 1st option.

Definitely the best single player they can possibly get.

Sarcastic
07-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Avi bet? 1week only, bragging rights. I get lakers, you all other.

Absolutely. :cheers:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 04:13 PM
jim buss will never trade his love child for a 1year rental. never ever ever ever.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 04:14 PM
jim buss will never trade his love child for a 1year rental. never ever ever ever.
avi bet?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 04:16 PM
avi bet?
i'll do a 1 year bet. i'll wear ur avi of choice for the rest of my life.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Who lows what crazy crap will happen at this point. I think the Lakers got an even better chance at getting Dwight this year. Bynum had his best year yet and Looez was injured. Rockets can sneak in though but I don't see Dwight having a change of heart signing with the rockets long time.

RIP CITY
07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
First of all, Howard's a b*tch. I hope the Magic trade him to any team but the Nets. And, considering the Nets offer is not good enough, the Magic shouldn't trade him there for both basketball reasons and for personal reasons. He's held that team hostage for over a year now, they shouldn't reward him by sending him where he wants to go, especially considering he's basically made the ultimatum that he won't go anywhere but Brooklyn. Plus he's dragged that whole organization through the mud this entire season from the Owner/GM/Coach down to his teammates. He's a moron for signing the opt in clause, he could be a Net right now if he didn't sign it and everyone knows that's what he wanted and intended to do all along. He has no one to blame but himself.

Now, it looks like the Nets are tentatively looking to move forward without Howard, though right now I still believe they are going to wait for Howard. In the end, I still think he ends up on the Nets because he'll cry until he does and if worst comes to worst, he could always spend the year in Orlando or let's say, Houston possibly and then just sign with the Nets next offseason. Yeah, they might sign guys this offseason and lose their cap space but there will always be a way for them to find the money. He's a Free Agent for sure next offseason no matter what, unless they had a big jump record wise next season they'll just dump a bunch of salary at the deadline to free up space for Howard. They have already shown they don't care how terrible of a transaction they make as long as it could lead to them getting Howard. Let's say they get Joe Johnson and re-sign Brook Lopez, they could dump them (and/or Wallace) for expiring contracts and there would be plenty of suitors or use them in a sign & trade with whatever team Howard is on, which at that point, Orlando or whatever team he is on would HAVE to take it, or lose him for nothing.

As for the Lakers, I wouldn't count them out even though Dwight has retardedly decided to only want to be in Brooklyn. If Deron Williams signed with Dallas tomorrow, watch how fast Dwight starts to like the idea of going to the Lakers then. Or if the Nets come out and say, it's over, we're out of the Dwight sweepstakes and we're moving forward with Deron/Johnson/Lopez/Wallace. He'll definitely back off and be more willing to go to the Lakers and they obviously have a piece the Magic would want in Bynum.

Personally, I think both Dwight and Deron are retarded for wanting to go to the Nets, their Owner is a clown that has no clue how to build a team and is only looking for starpower, nothing else. Their GM, Billy King, is one of the worst in the NBA and will likely find a way to even somehow screw up a Dwight/Deron foundation. And the roster currently is not very good and they have an average Coach in Avery Johnson. Teams like the Bulls and Lakers, which have shown interest in trading for Howard are MUCH better destinations with better management, proven track records and better teams (Though Mike Brown is one of the worst Coaches in the League). As for Deron, Dallas is clearly a better organization in every single way, the Owner is one of the best in the League, the Front Office is one of the best in the League, the Coach is one of the best in the League and the roster is in much better shape. I don't know why anyone would want to go to the Nets other than the fact that they'll be in New York now and it's a big market, as a purely basketball decision it makes no sense.

The one thing I haven't heard anyone mention and probably won't be a popular opinion but is something I would do if I were the Clippers, is a Blake Griffin for Dwight trade. Orlando would never get a better offer than that, they would take that in a heart beat. In the Clippers case, they don't lose the future of their franchise, it's not like Howard is old. And he's a big upgrade to their roster, particularly defensively and would make them more of a contender. Dwight is the better player, period. Dwight would probably be willing to go there, it's a big market, warm weather and they have Chris Paul who's every bit as good as Deron Williams (Better, IMO). The only hang up would be if Dwight is willing to sign an extension there, which I think he would be at least somewhat likely to do. That's the best offer and a good fit for both parties. I would do that if I were the Magic or the Clippers (as long as Dwight agrees to an extension). Though I understand why the Clippers haven't gotten into that mess, there is no guarantee he would re-sign with them.

ZenMaster
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM

That 1 year rental stuff is wishfull thinking, no way this guy would leave LA and all that money.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 04:44 PM
avi bet?
lol, ill make u sport a jimmy henchman avi for a year

Doranku
07-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Ugh, I really don't want this prima donna cry baby on our team. Especially if he doesn't want to play here.

But then again, if we were able to keep Gasol, a lineup of Sessions/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Dwight would be sexy.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 04:50 PM
i'll do a 1 year bet. i'll wear ur avi of choice for the rest of my life.

lets do it! :cheers:

lol, ill make u sport a jimmy henchman avi for a year

lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 04:53 PM
lets do it! :cheers:

lol
it's on :cheers:

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Ugh, I really don't want this prima donna cry baby on our team. Especially if he doesn't want to play here.

But then again, if we were able to keep Gasol, a lineup of Sessions/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Dwight would be sexy.

add Beasley to the bench and we can call it a summer :banana:

Hiei
07-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Why does Howard want to go to Nets so badly? Even with Deron the rest of the team is terrible. It will be Knicks 2.0.

talkingconch
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Evan Massey ********@EMasseyReport

The #Lakers and #Magic are engaged in trade discussions for Dwight Howard that would NOT include Andrew Bynum, according to reports.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/is%20this%20real%20life/grand/kid-is-this-real-life-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-202.gif

duganbarrmum
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
lol dwight isnt going to la :lol

Foster5k
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
The never ending story.

NBA2k-Monster23
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I think the Magic trade Dwight in the next couple of days or in a week. It's really ridiculous, I understand he wants to be in Brooklyn but is that the best destination for him. I'm a die hard Lakers fan and the best piece for Orlando is Bynum. Bynum is only 23 and still has potential to get a lot better. I know Dwight wants Brooklyn and I completely understand that because that's where he wants to be. The truth is he gave up his right to be there when he opt into his contract. Now he has to go to who ever that gives Orlando the best offer. If you ask me that has to be the Lakers because it's not a huge drop off between Bynum and Dwight. Orlando can still be competitive.

chips93
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
The one thing I haven't heard anyone mention and probably won't be a popular opinion but is something I would do if I were the Clippers, is a Blake Griffin for Dwight trade. Orlando would never get a better offer than that, they would take that in a heart beat. In the Clippers case, they don't lose the future of their franchise, it's not like Howard is old. And he's a big upgrade to their roster, particularly defensively and would make them more of a contender. Dwight is the better player, period. Dwight would probably be willing to go there, it's a big market, warm weather and they have Chris Paul who's every bit as good as Deron Williams (Better, IMO). The only hang up would be if Dwight is willing to sign an extension there, which I think he would be at least somewhat likely to do. That's the best offer and a good fit for both parties. I would do that if I were the Magic or the Clippers (as long as Dwight agrees to an extension). Though I understand why the Clippers haven't gotten into that mess, there is no guarantee he would re-sign with them.

howard is the better player, but unless he signs an extension, i dont think its worth it for the clippers

blake is younger, and you know you will have him locked up for at least a few more years

you could trade for dwight, and see him leave in a years time

talkingconch
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fGhuC.jpg

D12"Magic"
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
:lol ok

duganbarrmum
07-01-2012, 05:23 PM

what a reliable source.. a guy who writes for bleacher report and some sports message board :rolleyes:

talkingconch
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Didnt say it was true, just posting what i find

All Net
The never ending story.

Thinking the same thing

swi7ch
Kobe for Dwight

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
if we get dwight without giving up bynum, does bynum get shipped out for deron williams? the entire situation is becoming laughable.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 05:27 PM
It has to be for Bynum. Unless the Magic are that stupid.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah that is a load of bullsh!t. Stop posting non-credible sources.

ispin69
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobe for Dwight

THIS!! :lol too bad Kobe is the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause. I'd think that's the only way Dwight would sign, if they would build around him as the center piece.

Reverend Hoops
07-01-2012, 05:49 PM

http://s15.postimage.org/s128j1aop/i1iheb.gif

BlueandGold
07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
^ :facepalm at that not for Bynum bullcrap. Either their source is lying or Jim Buss's fascination with Bynum has grown into an obsesssion.

Shit is like the equivilant of Jerry West not trading up for Kobe (in hindsight) because he also personally drafted Divac.

G-Funk
07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
what a reliable source.. a guy who writes for bleacher report and some sports message board :rolleyes:
:oldlol:

eliteballer
07-01-2012, 06:27 PM
No direct offers have been made by the Lakers, but the Magic are unwilling to entertain any trade that does not include Andrew Bynum. The Magic will rebuild and Pau Gasol wouldn't be conducive to those plans.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Gasol & Jordan Hill
for
Williams, Beasley, Wes Johnson

then

Bynum & Wes Johnson & Ebanks
for
Dwight Howard

what say you?

BallsOut
07-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Gasol & Jordan Hill
for

then

for
Dwight Howard

what say you?

Hell no. Williams looking like a bust. Why would you trade away Bynum, Gasol, Hill and Ebanks for Dwight Howard and Beasley?

Mr Know It All
07-01-2012, 06:35 PM
IMO it's between the Lakers and Rockets at this point, as either seem content for the one year rental that Dwight Howard is apparently up for at this point (As long as he doesn't get shipped to the Nets).

Besides, I can't see Howard not wanting to resign with LA. He wanted to be there and the organization is good enough to convince him to stick around, not to mention a guy like Kobe in his ear and forcing his hand. It's a smart move for the Lakers, and they become a top 5 defensive team almost immediately.

Dwight has become such a scum bag I'm going to be rooting against him wherever he ends up. Respect him as a player but as a human being he is a disgrace.

The-Legend-24
07-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I doubt Jim Buss gives away Bynum for Dwight, that's his star child. We could've have gotten Melo for Bynum not too long ago I think, but Jim Buss declined it. :oldlol: I hope I'm wrong though.

Mr Know It All
07-01-2012, 06:39 PM
I doubt Jim Buss gives away Bynum for Dwight, that's his star child. We could've have gotten Melo for Bynum not too long ago I think, but Jim Buss declined it. :oldlol: I hope I'm wrong though.

Dwight is a lot better than Melo though. Besides, you don't trade a big man with that much potential for a wing player, no matter how good he is, you just don't. Dwight is the best big man in the league, and he's the best defensive player in the league. Melo on the Lakers doesn't really make them better when removing Bynum, but adding Dwight for him does.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Hell no. Williams looking like a bust. Why would you trade away Bynum, Gasol, Hill and Ebanks for Dwight Howard and Beasley?
that's Howard, Beasley AND Williams.
If you think you can get more for Bynum and Gasol, you are :biggums:

The GM
07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Dwight is a lot better than Melo though. Besides, you don't trade a big man with that much potential for a wing player, no matter how good he is, you just don't. Dwight is the best big man in the league, and he's the best defensive player in the league. Melo on the Lakers doesn't really make them better when removing Bynum, but adding Dwight for him does.

Dwight is better then Melo no doubt but looking at it now, you could have had a Miami Heat type situation in LA with Kobe, Melo & Gasol trio.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Gasol & Jordan Hill
for

then

for
Dwight Howard

what say you?

I say FCUK NO

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I really have grown to not like this guy and I don't think I've ever had a GOOD player on the lakers that I didn't like..... It would be weird. But hey.. I'd love to screw him over and send him to NJ for deron and lopez once we get him for bynum.

RazorBaLade
07-01-2012, 08:15 PM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

However, derrick williams or lowry or something IS conducive to rebuilding so who knows if a bunch of picks and derrick for pau then gets shipped to ORL for dwight. I dunno. Or lowry.

it'd be weird tho. What the **** would we do with bynum and dwight.

Jasper
07-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I still think the Lakers is the best location for him

dude has some hollywood mental issues ... = should fit right in. :coleman: