PDA

View Full Version : Post your vertical leap, height, wheigh, max bench press, standing reach,wingspan etc

Pages : [1] 2

mhsbasketball
01-21-2007, 04:24 AM
ht: 5-8
weight:150 lb
vertical leap: 35
max bench: 155lb
standing reach 7'4
wingspan 5-9
40 yard dash: 4.7

Howard5Dirk41
01-21-2007, 04:27 AM
6-3
16 inches vertical lol
240 bench
6 second 40 lol

LakersDynasty
01-21-2007, 04:33 AM
ht: 7-0
weight:285 lb
vertical leap: 24
max bench: 135lb
standing reach 8'6
wingspan 8-4
40 yard dash 10.7

Can you guess who I am?

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 04:37 AM
I notice everytime these topics come up about 90% of ISH seems to be at the peak of human potential athletic ability wise. Lets see if it happens again.

ht: 6'3''
weight: 190 something. Was 208-210 but felt bulky. Wasnt born to be bulky.

vertical leap: Dont know. 37 was the highest it was measured when I was in school but I did that myself with the tape method. One recorded was 34. Dont know running vertical.

max bench: Bit over 300. But I cant be sure since I only have 260 something on my home bench now. Ive not maxed out in a couple years. Gave the good weights I had away when I last moved. All I have now are my old ones.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7283/001vr5.png

Those. As you can see I dont have enough. Lot of small ones. Cant find my 45 plates.

standing reach. Dont know for sure. I think my ceilings in here are 8 and I can put my palm on it flat footed. Say my hand extended is another 5-6 inches so ill say 8'5'' or 6 maybe.

wingspan 6'8'' or so.

40 yard dash: Dont remember. I remember not being happy with it. I could keep up with several people who tested faster but my 40 time were ****ty. Not sure why.

Howard5Dirk41
01-21-2007, 04:37 AM
standing reach 8'6
wingspan 8-4
40 yard dash 10.7

Can you guess who I am?
bynum

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 04:38 AM
standing reach 8'6
wingspan 8-4
40 yard dash 10.7

Can you guess who I am?

Bynum.

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Wait there is no way my standing reach is the same as Bynums. My ceiling must not be 8 feet. I'll get a tape measurer tomorrow if I dont forget.

LakersDynasty
01-21-2007, 04:41 AM
Wait there is no way my standing reach is the same as Bynums. My ceiling must not be 8 feet. I'll get a tape measurer tomorrow if I dont forget.
Nah I just took a wild guess on those. I just wanted to get the height, weight and maximum bench press right. So you're probably right about yours.

135. :roll: :roll: :roll:

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 04:43 AM
height: 5'11" - 6'0"
weight: 160-165
vert (one step): two yrs ago, it was 32 and i couldnt dunk at the time now i can dunk so its probably a little higher
max bench: 235 lbs
standing reach: idk
wingspan: a lil over 6'
40 yd: 4.4

EDIT: it was one-step vert

KIWI
01-21-2007, 04:43 AM
height: 6'1
weight:180 lb
vertical leap: don't know but i can dunk
max bench: 180lb
standing reach ?
wingspan ?
40 yard dash:?

:oldlol:

Howard5Dirk41
01-21-2007, 04:50 AM
will my vertical improve as i lose weight and gain muscle in my calfs when i start to add back muscle?

or will it always be 16 inches lol

jody
01-21-2007, 04:53 AM
6-0
7-10
wingspan i don't know

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Friend of mine was 300+ at 17 and by 21 was down to about 265 and was all excited he could touch the rim.....barely....with a fingernail....1 out of 10 tries.....on a good day.....

But I was happy for him anyway.

6' 265 and getting a piece of the rim is impressive I guess.

bigkingsfan
01-21-2007, 04:55 AM
I always get props for my speed in football and basketball, but my 40's time never correlate to that. :cry:

Howard5Dirk41
01-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Friend of mine was 300+ at 17 and by 21 was down to about 265 and was all excited he could touch the rim.....barely....with a fingernail....1 out of 10 tries.....on a good day.....

But I was happy for him anyway.

6' 265 and getting a piece of the rim is impressive I guess.
so i gotta chance someday, thats good to know.

my goal is to be 6-3 225

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 05:00 AM
I always get props for my speed in football and basketball, but my 40's time never correlate to that.

Same here. I played safety with a bit of corner and other things and could run with anybody on the field. But id always be middle of the pack on my 40 times.

Coach would lie though. Always trying to make his key players out to be more than we were. My senior year I was listed 6'5'' 225 and in the season guide had it say I benched like 350 with a 4'4 40. At best I was benching 310 and im not even 100% sure im 6'3'' without shoes. Closer to 3 than 2 if im not though. And I was about 210 then.

I doubt anyone on our team was as big or athletic as we were listed.

ClutchCityReturns
01-21-2007, 05:39 AM
ht: 5'9"
weight:170 lbs
vertical leap: 38 from a standstill (http://xs411.xs.to/xs411/07030/fadfsasd.png), about 43 with an approach
max bench: I have no idea now...probably 230? Highest was 275 in high school, 6 years ago but I'm still in shape.
standing reach: 7'4"
wingspan: 6'0"
40 yard dash: Not sure, but I'd guess high 4's. Not that fast on the straight run.

mhsbasketball
01-21-2007, 06:26 AM
vertical leap: 38 from a standstill (http://xs411.xs.to/xs411/07030/fadfsasd.png), about 43 with an approach
max bench: I have no idea now...probably 230? Highest was 275 in high school, 6 years ago but I'm still in shape.
40 yard dash: Not sure, but I'd guess high 4's. Not that fast on the straight run.
how did u get those hops? were u natrually born with it?

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 06:30 AM

nice ups clutch. did you get on any kind of workout or program or is it just natural?

AKA AAP
01-21-2007, 06:36 AM

That is very similar to mine.

Height: 5'8
Weight: 175
Vertical: 36-40 with an approach
Max Bench: 305
Standing reach: no clue
Wingspan: no clue
40 yard dash: no clue

ClutchCityReturns
01-21-2007, 06:51 AM
how did u get those hops? were u natrually born with it?

nice ups clutch. did you get on any kind of workout or program or is it just natural?

Thanks.

Basically natural. I've been able to hang on the rim since about 6th grade, which at that age is a big deal for someone who was about 5'6". When I got to high school and was on the basketball team I never really worked on my legs that much...basically just calf raises on a machine like this one.

http://gezondheid.infoblog.be/uploads/images/benen-versterken-fitness2.gif

I did do a pretty tough workout on it though. I'll explain it if you want the details.

Outside of that, I've never done a program or jumpsoles or anything like that. Plus, I haven't even done the calf raises since high school (6 years ago) and that picture of me jumping is from the last 6 months or so. So mostly natural, I would say. Lucky me :D

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks.

Basically natural. I've been able to hang on the rim since about 6th grade, which at that age is a big deal for someone who was about 5'6". When I got to high school and was on the basketball team I never really worked on my legs that much...basically just calf raises on a machine like this one.

http://gezondheid.infoblog.be/uploads/images/benen-versterken-fitness2.gif

I did do a pretty tough workout on it though. I'll explain it if you want the details.

Outside of that, I've never done a program or jumpsoles or anything like that. Plus, I haven't even done the calf raises since high school (6 years ago) and that picture of me jumping is from the last 6 months or so. So mostly natural, I would say. Lucky me :D

6th grade and 5'6":eek: i used to workout on those calf machines although not very religously though. i got no where near 43 but i was considered as someone with hops. was at 32 in hs, then i really wanted to dunk bad so i got this program thats supposed to add 14 inches (its a 28 week program)...i did it for the first 8 weeks...and was able to put it down after that so I stopped :banghead: kind of a mistake cuz i could have been higher but at least i've never lost those inches i gained

btw, being 6th grade at 5'6", you should have grew alot more than 3 inches. dont mean anything by it but just surprising cuz it seems you never hit that point where you just surge into a growth spurt:confusedshrug:

ClutchCityReturns
01-21-2007, 07:27 AM
btw, being 6th grade at 5'6", you should have grew alot more than 3 inches. dont mean anything by it but just surprising cuz it seems you never hit that point where you just surge into a growth spurt:confusedshrug:

Trust me, I know :(

I hit 5'6" in 6th or 7th grade, and was probably about 5'8" in 8th grade. I was exclusively a post player in junior high. Worked from the right block/baseline with my back to the basket, tried to emulate the dream shake (it was decent for my age lol) and stuff like that. Never handled the ball, never shot 3's. My jumper actually looked like a mix of Drexler and Bird, except not good.

When I got to high school I played post on my freshman team but was still only 5'9". Then at the end of my freshman year one of the assistant coaches joked with me "When are you gonna grow? You're not gonna be able to play post on varsity, so you better come back taller after the summer...either that or learn how to play shooting guard".

Well, when summer came it wasn't much of a joke anymore because I didn't grow...at all. I decided I better work on my outside game, and that's basically all I did. I ended up on JV for a year and got used to the new role, and then in my junior year I made varsity and actually lead the Houston area in 3pt% for most of the year. My shot went from Drexler and Bird (and not going in the basket) to a mix of Mike Miller and Kobe Bryant. Night and day really.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. The point is yes, I stopped growing really early and abruptly. It sucks, but oh well...I adjusted well. What's funny is that when I was younger my pediatrician told me that I was projected to be 6'3". I remember being all sad about it because that wasn't tall enough to play shooting guard in the NBA :oldlol: Boy was I stupid...I'd kill to be 6'3" now.

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Lot of people stop growing early. Im not a bit taller than I was at mid 15. Kinda annoying but not too bad. I could dunk at 14 and dunk on a regular basis at 15 and expected to be about Jordan height at 18. Nope. Still 6'3''. One step vertical or on the run I imagine I was in the very low 40 inch range. If I kept that up and grew to about 6'6'' id have enjoyed my Jordan like glides to the rim over helpless defenders.

But no. Had to settle for poor mans Baron Davis "Sneak one in now and then" facials on opponents. And as a 2 footed jumper didnt have too much gliding. Lacked range. So I could go high over someone but none of that Dr.J majestic gliding ****.

Lot of people I knew who couldnt dunk wished they could dunk like me and all I wished was that I could dunk like Doc, MJ, and Drexler. The great one foot jumpers. Me stuck as a wannabe Jason Richardson with a non fluid windmill and 360 that was more a 200 and something.

Oh well.

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Trust me, I know :(

I hit 5'6" in 6th or 7th grade, and was probably about 5'8" in 8th grade. I was exclusively a post player in junior high. Worked from the right block/baseline with my back to the basket, tried to emulate the dream shake (it was decent for my age lol) and stuff like that. Never handled the ball, never shot 3's. My jumper actually looked like a mix of Drexler and Bird, except not good.

When I got to high school I played post on my freshman team but was still only 5'9". Then at the end of my freshman year one of the assistant coaches joked with me "When are you gonna grow? You're not gonna be able to play post on varsity, so you better come back taller after the summer...either that or learn how to play shooting guard".

Well, when summer came it wasn't much of a joke anymore because I didn't grow...at all. I decided I better work on my outside game, and that's basically all I did. I ended up on JV for a year and got used to the new role, and then in my junior year I made varsity and actually lead the Houston area in 3pt% for most of the year. My shot went from Drexler and Bird to a mix of Mike Miller and Kobe Bryant. Night and day really.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. The point is yes, I stopped growing really early and abruptly. It sucks, but oh well...I adjusted well. What's funny is that when I was younger my pediatrician told me that I was projected to be 6'3". I remember being all sad about it because that wasn't tall enough to play shooting guard in the NBA :oldlol: Boy was I stupid...I'd kill to be 6'3" now.

damn, that'd break my heart. you probably hit your growth spurt hella early. how tall are your parents?

I was always short all my life and i thought i'd stay short. Luckily I hit a growth spurt in the summer between my junior and senior yr... took me from 5'6" to 5'10". I thought I'd grow more than that but only grew about 2 more inches. i havent given up on growing yet though...wasnt it dennis rodman that grew 9 inches in a yr when he was like 17 or something??? some players also grew a few inches in college

haha 6'3" SG is very possible in the NBA though

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Lot of people stop growing early. Im not a bit taller than I was at mid 15. Kinda annoying but not too bad. I could dunk at 14 and dunk on a regular basis at 15 and expected to be about Jordan height at 18. Nope. Still 6'3''. One step vertical or on the run I imagine I was in the very low 40 inch range. If I kept that up and grew to about 6'6'' id have enjoyed my Jordan like glides to the rim over helpless defenders.

But no. Had to settle for poor mans Baron Davis "Sneak one in now and then" facials on opponents. And as a 2 footed jumper didnt have too much gliding. Lacked range. So I could go high over someone but none of that Dr.J majestic gliding ****.

Lot of people I knew who couldnt dunk wished they could dunk like me and all I wished was that I could dunk like Doc, MJ, and Drexler. The great one foot jumpers. Me stuck as a wannabe Jason Richardson with a non fluid windmill and 360 that was more a 200 and something.

Oh well.

yea whats up with that? im a 2 footed jumper also and people tell me to try jumping off one foot and i'll elevate higher but no matter what, it doent feel comfortable at all...is it something someone can get used to or is it just natural instinct???

LakersDynasty
01-21-2007, 07:49 AM
That's nothing unusual. I was 5'9 at the end of 8th grade and only grew 2 inches after that, at the time I thought I would be around 6'2 especially since I was in the best shape of my life, exercising a lot, eating right and playing basketball pretty much every day, oh well. I did start lifting weights for about 2 years in high school so I'm sure that's partially responsible for me not growing as much as I thought I would. My uncle was 21 when he went to the army and was 5'5 at the time and came back at age 23 and was 5'10. Guess everyone is different in that regard, it's much more consistent with females though.

ClutchCityReturns
01-21-2007, 08:07 AM
damn, that'd break my heart. you probably hit your growth spurt hella early. how tall are your parents?

I was always short all my life and i thought i'd stay short. Luckily I hit a growth spurt in the summer between my junior and senior yr... took me from 5'6" to 5'10". I thought I'd grow more than that but only grew about 2 more inches. i havent given up on growing yet though...wasnt it dennis rodman that grew 9 inches in a yr when he was like 17 or something??? some players also grew a few inches in college

haha 6'3" SG is very possible in the NBA though

My mom is about 5'7" and my dad is about 6'1". Both my sisters are decently tall for girls (both about 5'7") so I figured 6'3" was a realistic possibility. Wrong lol.

Well I figure if other people read this thread they might want to know the workout for the calf raise machine (we called it the supercat but I'm not sure if everyone else does. So here's what I did...

There was about 400lbs of weight on the machine. I'd start at 200 and do a set of 50 quick raises. Next was 25 medium speed raises at 300. Then came the hard stuff. 400lbs (all the weight), 25 raises with a hitch in the middle. Basically I went halfway up, paused, and then went the rest of the way. Much harder that way. After that I would stretch them out real good, usually let someone else use the machine for a bit, and then go for my last set...also known as "murder". 400lbs, 25 raises, hitch in the middle, and holding at the top. But not just any kind of holding lol. Whatever # rep I was on, I held for that long. So the first rep was "1...down", second was "1, 2...down", 10th was "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...down", and so on. By the 25th rep I'd held for a total of 325 seconds, or 5 1/2 minutes basically. On top of that I would hold on the last one until I couldn't take it anymore. It took a lot of willpower because at that point my legs were always shaking uncontrollably.

It burned a little bit afterward :D Plus I'd have broken blood vessels all over my shoulders from the padding, which was about as soft as, oh I don't know...granite? Towels did little to help.

Of course if anybody plans on doing that workout, it'd probably be wise to start at lower weights and go up from there. The idea is that you want to do the last 2 sets on the most weight you possibly can.

ClutchCityReturns
01-21-2007, 08:09 AM
yea whats up with that? im a 2 footed jumper also and people tell me to try jumping off one foot and i'll elevate higher but no matter what, it doent feel comfortable at all...is it something someone can get used to or is it just natural instinct???

If I can palm the ball really well, I can dunk off 1 foot. Otherwise it's just not gonna happen. I don't feel anywhere near the same explosion I get from 2 footed jumps.

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 08:25 AM
My mom is about 5'7" and my dad is about 6'1". Both my sisters are decently tall for girls (both about 5'7") so I figured 6'3" was a realistic possibility. Wrong lol.

Well I figure if other people read this thread they might want to know the workout for the calf raise machine (we called it the supercat but I'm not sure if everyone else does. So here's what I did...

There was about 400lbs of weight on the machine. I'd start at 200 and do a set of 50 quick raises. Next was 25 medium speed raises at 300. Then came the hard stuff. 400lbs (all the weight), 25 raises with a hitch in the middle. Basically I went halfway up, paused, and then went the rest of the way. Much harder that way. After that I would stretch them out real good, usually let someone else use the machine for a bit, and then go for my last set...also known as "murder". 400lbs, 25 raises, hitch in the middle, and holding at the top. But not just any kind of holding lol. Whatever # rep I was on, I held for that long. So the first rep was "1...down", second was "1, 2...down", 10th was "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...down", and so on. By the 25th rep I'd held for a total of 325 seconds, or 5 1/2 minutes basically. On top of that I would hold on the last one until I couldn't take it anymore. It took a lot of willpower because at that point my legs were always shaking uncontrollably.

It burned a little bit afterward :D Plus I'd have broken blood vessels all over my shoulders from the padding, which was about as soft as, oh I don't know...granite? Towels did little to help.

Of course if anybody plans on doing that workout, it'd probably be wise to start at lower weights and go up from there. The idea is that you want to do the last 2 sets on the most weight you possibly can.

:oldlol: that is some insane sh!t

HALLandOATES
01-21-2007, 09:41 AM
I've been 5'9-5'9 1/2 since i was 15-16 and i'm 19 now. I think i'm done growing. fuak.

bail
01-21-2007, 12:41 PM
how do you measure your vertical leap?

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 12:56 PM
6-2 1/2(barefoot)
vert 31(was 35 in hs)
max bench 315 right now, was 355 in hs dont really care as long as its over 300
standing reach 8-1

BTW i guarantee you bynums is higher than 8-6.

I was a lightly recruited TE coming out of HS. In fact if you google me, im still on some crappy recruiting website because i signed a letter of intent. Our coach was the opposite of yours. We were all listed as smaller than we are. I was listed at 6-1 207 on that thing. I was about 6-1 225 at the time.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 01:12 PM
height: 5'11" - 6'0"
weight: 160-165
vert (one step): two yrs ago, it was 32 and i couldnt dunk at the time now i can dunk so its probably a little higher
max bench: 235 lbs
standing reach: idk
wingspan: a lil over 6'
40 yd: 4.4

EDIT: it was one-step vert
not to call bs or anything but you are really as fast as vince young? I dont doubt you believe you run a 4.4 and its entirely possible that you do but its also possible that you think you run a 4.4 and were mistimed.

GOBB
01-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Lots of BS in here, but thats typical of ISH.

5'10
250 bench

Dunno my standing reach, wingspan, vert or 40 time.

ALBballer
01-21-2007, 01:16 PM
ht: 5-11
weight:195 lb
vertical leap: 20 something
max bench: Dunno, not much
standing reach ?
wingspan ?
40 yard dash: 4.9 or so

Damm some of you guys have can bench alot more then your weight. I have a small bench set and I only have 110 pounds of weight (including the bar) and I can do about 10-15 reps. I need to get some larger weights and get in shape after I eat this box of cookies.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah. Like i said you can google me and find me on an old crappy recruiting site but it will at least show that i was close to what i am now coming out of hs. Ive grown an inch and gained some weight since then but like i said there is at least some evidence that im tellin the truth.

ALBballer
01-21-2007, 01:20 PM
not to call bs or anything but you are really as fast as vince young? I dont doubt you believe you run a 4.4 and its entirely possible that you do but its also possible that you think you run a 4.4 and were mistimed.

Ye 4.4 is real good. You could probably get a track scholarship.

DatZNasty
01-21-2007, 01:23 PM
ht: 179cm, appr. 6'0 with shoes
weight:200 lb
vertical leap: as high as 42, around 38 now
max bench: idk, i do dumbbell presses 85lbs 3x8
standing reach 7'10
wingspan appr. 6'6
40 yard dash: idk

I measured my wingspan myself so that could be a few inches long or short, probably long. I've touched 11'4 on a vertec a long time ago and can touch this thing that is 9'4 with the top of my head, when I'm really feeling good I can almost get my ears on it but haven't done that in probably over a yr. Still trying to get back in shape after holiday weight gain saw me put on like 20lbs.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 01:23 PM
ht: 5-11
weight:195 lb
vertical leap: 20 something
max bench: Dunno, not much
standing reach ?
wingspan ?
40 yard dash: 4.9 or so

Damm some of you guys have can bench alot more then your weight. I have a small bench set and I only have 110 pounds of weight (including the bar) and I can do about 10-15 reps. I need to get some larger weights and get in shape after I eat this box of cookies.
get a membership at a gym. its easier than getting a whole weight set. Anyway, if you want to get your bench up work really hard on your triceps since they have to do with whether or not you can finish(lock out) a rep. Pyramid up in weights and then make yourself pyramid back down. Also try some negative reps since it helps your wrists get used to heavier weight. Just a few ideas. Though to be honest if you are just trying to get "cut" you need different kinds of workouts then the kind that are done to make you stronger.

ALBballer
01-21-2007, 01:28 PM
get a membership at a gym. its easier than getting a whole weight set. Anyway, if you want to get your bench up work really hard on your triceps since they have to do with whether or not you can finish(lock out) a rep. Pyramid up in weights and then make yourself pyramid back down. Also try some negative reps since it helps your wrists get used to heavier weight. Just a few ideas. Though to be honest if you are just trying to get "cut" you need different kinds of workouts then the kind that are done to make you stronger.

I usually go to my college's gym, and I was running about 2-3 miles 3 times a week, but ever since the break, I think I gained all the weight I might of lost. I think I'm going to try to lose some weight and work on reps more then say weight. I would like to get down to 175 or so, but I don't know if I have the mental toughness to do so.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 01:31 PM
if you want to lose weight drink ALOT of water. It will do the same thing that taking diet pills do. It makes water run through your system quickly. Also try drinking a glass of water before you eat, one while your eating and one after you eat. It helps your digestion which is a big part of your weight.

GOBB
01-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I was told to strength your core when you want to bench. All i want to do is add 10 maybe 15lbs (nothing more!) of muscle and I'm good at my size. 10 is doable if I really want it. Just go all out. 4 days a week, step up diet and within a year I should be able to get 10.

Screw a vert. I play ball but I dont care about dunkin. Too old. Those hoop dreams/days are gone.

yeah. Like i said you can google me and find me on an old crappy recruiting site but it will at least show that i was close to what i am now coming out of hs. Ive grown an inch and gained some weight since then but like i said there is at least some evidence that im tellin the truth.

:oldlol: I'm not googling you. Pix? Sure. Info? Sure. Raiderfan from Tulskalusca Texas? No way!

amare
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
ht: 5-10/5-11

weight: 165

vertical leap: idk but i can do 2 handed jam

max bench: not a gym guy

standing reach: don't know

wingspan: average, i think

40 yard dash: 4-5

GOBB
01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Or ALB can wait for ISH Victor Conte (hateraid) to sell him some "clear" :lol:

ALBballer
01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
if you want to lose weight drink ALOT of water. It will do the same thing that taking diet pills do. It makes water run through your system quickly. Also try drinking a glass of water before you eat, one while your eating and one after you eat. It helps your digestion which is a big part of your weight.

Thanks for the advice. I've heard drinking water helps you lose weight, and I might just try drinking it excessively to help lose weight.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 01:42 PM
haha gobb, i meant my actual name and im from corsicana not tulskala or whatever you said.

GOBB
01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
haha gobb, i meant my actual name and im from corsicana not tulskala or whatever you said.

:lol: I know.

All Net
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I bench normally around 370-380 but I don't really train much anymore. When I was at Texas I did alot of weight lifting but now I have a full time job and family. I don't really have the time anymore.

Jailblazers7
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
ht: 6-1
weight: 147 lb
vertical leap: 29-30
standing reach: ?
wingspan: ?
40 yard dash: Idk but it is probably around 4.7-4.8

Erick
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
ht: 6'0"
weight:160-165 lbs
vertical leap: 26, about 31 with approach
max bench: 210
standing reach: 7'7"
40 yard dash: IDk but pretty fast

I can only get two knuckles over the rim so I need about 6 more inches to dunk. So, the question is, what part of the body is the most influential in allowing one to dunk? There's been calf talk here and I've always thought the lower back was a big factor.

So, from your experience what would you vote on?:
calves, hams, quads, back, midsection, butt, upper body ??

DatZNasty
01-21-2007, 02:23 PM
ht: 6'0"
weight:160-165 lbs
vertical leap: 26, about 31 with approach
max bench: 210
standing reach: 7'7"
40 yard dash: IDk but pretty fast

I can only get two knuckles over the rim so I need about 6 more inches to dunk. So, the question is, what part of the body is the most influential in allowing one to dunk? There's been calf talk here and I've always thought the lower back was a big factor.

So, from your experience what would you vote on?:
calves, hams, quads, back, midsection, butt, upper body ??

Posterior chain: back, hamstrings, glutes, calves. Don't sleep on the quads, abs, and even upper body though. I'd just recommend some plyometrics. If you don't mind working hard for about an hr 3x a week and probably cut back on any ballin for the first 2wks, I bet you can be dunking after 2 weeks of Scott's Creation vertical leap program. Google it, they used to sell it in Slam then it got all over the internet.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
why would you cut back on the ballin datz? Im trying to get my vert up a little too so i may end up doing that too im just curious why you would do that?

DatZNasty
01-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Just while you're doing the program, because you don't want to end up overtraining and open yourself up to knee tendinitis, or possibly more serious injuries. You probably won't have enough legs left to hoop after it anyways, that program is serious especially the quad supersets at the end.

silky_smooth
01-21-2007, 02:41 PM
height: 6'1
weight: 185 lbs
vert: 32
I haven't checked my wingspan, reach, max bench, in a while. My first dunk was when I was 14

HALLandOATES
01-21-2007, 02:46 PM
ht: 6-1
weight: 147 lb
vertical leap: 29-30
standing reach: ?
wingspan: ?
40 yard dash: Idk but it is probably around 4.7-4.8
147 ?? you muscle or bones?

JohnnyBravo5
01-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Height 6'1
Weight 255
Vertical leap:don't know but I can grab the rim with 2 hands but cant dunk
Bench Press: 425
Squat: 650
40 time: these days probably 4.9

geeWiz15
01-21-2007, 02:50 PM
ht: 6'
wt: 150
wingspan: 6'4

can anybody estimate my vert? with a one step gather I can barely get rim. on a good day I can get a little past my first knuckle on the rim.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Height 6'1
Weight 255
Vertical leap:don't know but I can grab the rim with 2 hands but cant dunk
Bench Press: 425
Squat: 650
40 time: these days probably 4.9
what nfl team do you play for?:roll:

JohnnyBravo5
01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Actually I am a bodybuilder (and a lawyer), and I am actually going to enter my first show in April, the NPC Atlanta. I have been a big guy since college, which is how I got the nickname Johnny Bravo...which is kind of funny since I am a black man.

DatZNasty
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM

can anybody estimate my vert? with a one step gather I can barely get rim. on a good day I can get a little past my first knuckle on the rim.29-31

Jailblazers7
01-21-2007, 02:56 PM
147 ?? you muscle or bones?

Im fit and am pretty strong i just think i have a high metabolism or something. I plan on lifting to gain weight and eating healthier than i do now.

JohnnyBravo5
01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Im fit and am pretty strong i just think i have a high metabolism or something. I plan on lifting to gain weight and eating healthier than i do now.

Read some of the articles at www.bodybuilding.com. You should up your protein intake to about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. In your case you should eat about 150-200 grams of protein per day..assuming of course you aren't 12.

Jailblazers7
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Read some of the articles at www.bodybuilding.com. You should up your protein intake to about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. In your case you should eat about 150-200 grams of protein per day..assuming of course you aren't 12.

Yeah thanks and no im not 12 im 16.

geeWiz15
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
29-31
that cant be right can it? 2 and a half feet in the air? don't most NBA players we consider athletic only get like 35?

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 03:25 PM
most athletic nba players get 37-45

GOBB
01-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Actually I am a bodybuilder (and a lawyer), and I am actually going to enter my first show in April, the NPC Atlanta. I have been a big guy since college, which is how I got the nickname Johnny Bravo...which is kind of funny since I am a black man.

:roll: A black bodybuilder/lawyer. Who woulda thought.

Loki
01-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205-220 (varies with the season)

Vertical: around 33" with an approach (I can usually get my whole or most of my hand above the rim)

Wingspan: I think the one time I checked this out of curiosity it was about 6'7"-6'8".

Standing Reach: around 7'8" or so

Max Bench: Never tried to max out; I never lifted weights until recently (last several months) and haven't bought a bench yet. I will say that when I was 17, my best friend and I went to the gym every day at 6 AM for about a month before we fizzled out and I was doing 3 sets of 10-12 reps @ 185 pounds right off the bat, with no prior weightlifting experience, so take that as you will. I have a naturally broad chest and shoulders.

40 yard time: Don't know, but I routinely outran guys on the track team who were doing mid-high 4's in college. I have an odd running technique (never thought about it, it just developed this way growing up) that I now realize cuts down on my time to cover distance: I run only on the balls of my feet; my arch and heel literally never touch the ground. This minimizes the time that my feet are in contact with the ground, increasing my speed. It wreaks havoc on your shins if you do any sort of distance (which is why I run in the normal heel-to-toe fashion for anything distance-related), but it's great for short-burst speed since it allows for faster leg turnover.

I remember playing ball in college with the school team (they'd come down after practice to the rec center and play for a while sometimes) and there was a loose ball that was about 25 feet away from me, but only about 12-15 feet away from the starting PG (a really quick 5'8" kid, weighed about 150, if that). We both saw it and at first were just gonna let it roll out of bounds. Then, at the same moment, we must have both decided to go get it. We end up reaching the ball at the same time and knocking into each other and knocking the ball out of bounds. He was shocked, because he saw that I had covered roughly twice the distance he did in the same time. He goes "daaaaamn boy, you just turned on the jets!" :D Suffice it to say that I have natural speed. I've always maintained that I could have run track had I wanted to, because I've ran against track athletes and football/basketball players, and even where they were marginally faster than me, they were in much better shape. In the incident recalled above, for instance (which was about 5-6 years ago), I was up to 235 pounds -- about 35-40 pounds over my ideal weight, with a good deal of fat (it was a particularly bad winter phase :D; I gain and take off weight very easily). And I still outran someone who was in the best shape possible. And that's far from the only time that's happened.

The best part? I'm white. :D :banana:

DatZNasty
01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
that cant be right can it? 2 and a half feet in the air? don't most NBA players we consider athletic only get like 35?
35 is probably the lower threshhold of being athletic, someone like Dorrel Wright or Quis Daniels. I assume we're all talking about the max hops we can get and not standing vertical as well otherwise that changes everything.

geeWiz15
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
most athletic nba players get 37-45
standing vert? then how come when your read about some dude with a 40-42 inch vert people go crazy over it? if that's normal?

I always thought it was prime Francis, etc, special guys who were in the low 40s, while guys like current Kobe, Gilbert, etc were in the high to mid 30s.

to think I'm only a few inches away from guys like that is crazy.

heres another estimation for you guys.

5'11 with a normal wingspan and can do a one handed dunk pretty consistently. can grip the rim with one step gather.

geeWiz15
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
35 is probably the lower threshhold of being athletic, someone like Dorrel Wright or Quis Daniels. I assume we're all talking about the max hops we can get and not standing vertical as well otherwise that changes everything.
the thing is one step gather and running max are about the same for me. no matter how much momentum I got I can't get any higher than one knuckle on the rim.

XxNeXuSxX
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry guys, but most of you are lying; or we have a statistical anomaly in here.

According to most websites I've seen, Kobe Bryant has a 38" vertical, Iverson having a 41", Odom having a 32", Prime Malone 28". To see 3/4ths of ISH seem to be above Odom, I sense a lot of bullsh*t in here.

I'm 6'3 215 now.
Black mind you
Max bench 250ish
Vert is probably 28 now, was 32" in prime, and I was scouted in high school.

and :oldlol: at johnnybravo's 525 bench press. :bowdown:

XxNeXuSxX
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
here's one a just googled

http://kalenm69.tripod.com/nbaverticals

Although I do think Dr.J's is too low.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
i posted my running vert. My standing vert is about 25-26

JohnnyBravo5
01-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry guys, but most of you are lying; or we have a statistical anomaly in here.

According to most websites I've seen, Kobe Bryant has a 38" vertical, Iverson having a 41", Odom having a 32", Prime Malone 28". To see 3/4ths of ISH seem to be above Odom, I sense a lot of bullsh*t in here.

I'm 6'3 215 now.
Black mind you
Max bench 250ish
Vert is probably 28 now, was 32" in prime, and I was scouted in high school.

and :oldlol: at johnnybravo's 525 bench press. :bowdown:

Its 425...although I think I could get close if I had one of those powerlifting bench shirts....lol

DatZNasty
01-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Kobe gets higher than 38 easily, and do you think Odom jumps high? He's 6'10

GOBB
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Its 425...although I think I could get close if I had one of those powerlifting bench shirts....lol

What made you want to become a bodybuilder?

Are you obsessed with your looks? Meaning your eye sees something different from another persons eye? Like you could look in the mirror and say "I could use a lil more muscle" when to others you are a walkin piece of filet mignon. Always wondered if muscle bound freakazoids had the same complex that an anorexic chick would have.

IlliniFan
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
ht: 6'0
weight: 162 lbs
vertical leap: Don't know
max bench: Don't know
standing reach: Don't know but everyone tells me I have really long arms
wingspan: (see standing reach)
40 yard dash: Don't know

Ummmm yeah..that wasn't helpful.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
hey datz check your pms.

Kblaze8855
01-21-2007, 04:14 PM

I can buy most of these. The range for even decently athletic people vertical wise isnt going to be huge. Doesnt take a crazy standing vert to look athletic in the NBA. Other things factor in. Andre Iguodala for example recorded a 34 inch vertical at the predrft camp. I did that. And I promise you that you could go to any playground in america and most of the people who can dunk will be in the 31-35 range. Doesnt mean they can dunk like Iggy. I sure as hell cant and never could.

Things like size, arm length, how much more you can get up off the run than standing, and how flexible you are in the air all factor in. Plus what kind of jumper you are 1 or 2 footed.

How good a dunker you are and the athletic plays you make is n issue not as related to vert as many think. Most of my HS team ws around 33 with the highest in the 38-40 range once you got to the short guys. Little guy I knew named Jarvis was about 5'6'' getting up a legit 42 inches given a step.

There isnt that big a difference between a normal athletic person and an NBA level athletic person vertical wise even if there is a big difference in what they can do with it. The Gerald Greens, Travis Outlaws, and Josh smiths of the world who are tall and get up a legit 39-40 inches off a step are rare. Once you get over a certian height legit 40 inch verts are often just unmeasured claims to make guys look good. 31-35 is gonna be the norm for a decent dunker in the nba or not.

joewait
01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
vertical leap- was 34'' when i was 19. probably about 16'' now since i haven't worked out in 4 years and have had many injuries
height- 6'5''
cockk size -10 inches flaccid

JohnnyBravo5
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
What made you want to become a bodybuilder?

Are you obsessed with your looks? Meaning your eye sees something different from another persons eye? Like you could look in the mirror and say "I could use a lil more muscle" when to others you are a walkin piece of filet mignon. Always wondered if muscle bound freakazoids had the same complex that an anorexic chick would have.

Good question. I don't know what pushed me over the line from Gym rat to Ronnie Coleman wannabe. I think though if you work out enough it becomes addictive and therefore you become involved with a culture that naturally leads to bodybuilding. Same for Powerlifters. Once you get to the 500lb bench plateau....might as well push for 700

Jailblazers7
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
here's one a just googled

http://kalenm69.tripod.com/nbaverticals

Although I do think Dr.J's is too low.

If the stuff on that site is true then some of them are just insane. I know Randy Moss can get up but 51 inches is crazy. And Kadour Ziani with a 56 inch vertical is a little just unbelievable.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
moss doesnt have a 51 or anything close to that.

Juvenile
01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Height: 192cm, 6'3 1/2
Weight: 88kg, 196lb
Vert: Standing 28", Running 34"
Max Bench: 80kg, 190lb
Standing Reach: 247cm; 8'4
Wingspan: 208cm, 6'10
100m: 12,6 seconds

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM

im not sure how they time in the nfl but at my hs, they timed as at our start...so we never we start running, the clock starts. so there could be a discrepency there...but that time i posted is what i was truly timed at no lie there

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
im not sure how they time in the nfl but at my hs, they timed as at our start...so we never we start running, the clock starts. so there could be a discrepency there...but that time i posted is what i was truly timed at no lie there
thats how their supposed to be timed (unless you can get real serious and have an electronic timer)but what i mean is that alot of hs coaches have a tendency to time their players a little faster than they are.

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
thats how their supposed to be timed (unless you can get real serious and have an electronic timer)but what i mean is that alot of hs coaches have a tendency to time their players a little faster than they are.

could be but i havent tried the 40 ever since so Im cant compare but I was considered one of the fastest guys in the school, pretty much been considered fast my whole life.

raiderfan19
01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
could be but i havent tried the 40 ever since so Im cant compare but I was considered one of the fastest guys in the school, pretty much been considered fast my whole life.
oh dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to call you out and say you werent fast or anything like that. Hell you could run a 4.6 and still be damn fast. I was just saying that 4.4 is borderline world class speed. Mike vick runs a high 4.3. (yes i know what he supposedly ran at vt but vt lies like hell about their times) Vince young runs a 4.4 Im talking like a legit 4.4 would put you in the top 35 or 40 fastest guys in the nfl.

Some other examples, Reggie bush runs a 4.33, Matt Jones runs a 4.4, Roy Williams(lions) Runs a 4.4 just a few examples of guys who run like that.

hotsizzle
01-21-2007, 07:13 PM
oh dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to call you out and say you werent fast or anything like that. Hell you could run a 4.6 and still be damn fast. I was just saying that 4.4 is borderline world class speed. Mike vick runs a high 4.3. (yes i know what he supposedly ran at vt but vt lies like hell about their times) Vince young runs a 4.4 Im talking like a legit 4.4 would put you in the top 35 or 40 fastest guys in the nfl.

Some other examples, Reggie bush runs a 4.33, Matt Jones runs a 4.4, Roy Williams(lions) Runs a 4.4 just a few examples of guys who run like that.

yea I see your point and hs coaches arent probably the most trusted...so yea maybe its a little off

clipps
01-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Age - 19
Height - 6'
weight - 160 ish
Bench max - 165 was the best I ever did. That was when I graduated HS last year though. I can probably only max out 120. I'm a skinny f*cker and am not afraid to admit it. I'm like mikki Moore. Im that skinny crazy dude when I'm pissed. When I get my car unstuck from the snow at my friends house, I will go to the gym. My goal is to bench 220 in a year from now.

Duck Rodgers
01-21-2007, 08:45 PM
height: 6'2" or 6'3"
weight:175 lb(was about 210 and then broke my hand...didn't lift or eat properly and dropped a ton of muscle + a little fat)
vertical leap: 41' Running 28 standstill...kind of a sad difference.
max bench: 330lb(I doubt it's that high with the weight loss...haven't tested lately)
standing reach 7'8"
wingspan 5'10"(cries - Raptor arms 4 lyfe)
40 yard dash: Don't know. My lateral movement is probably better than my straight ahead speed, though.

statman32
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
vertical leap- was 34'' when i was 19. probably about 16'' now since i haven't worked out in 4 years and have had many injuries
height- 6'5''
cockk size -10 inches flaccid

did anyone notice how creepy joewait is??? why post AND LIE about your **** size on a basketball forum with all guys around...this is the same dude who posted that he's fascinated by homosexuals

ClutchCityReturns
01-21-2007, 10:30 PM

Agreed. Unless you were referring to me :no:

Younggrease
01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
6"5
205 pounds
max bench 225
max squat times 10(that how we do it for bball) = 405
reach= idk but i have long arms
vert= idk but prob around 25"-26(i can dunk easy and can reverse on a good day but thats it)

supersmashbros
03-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Height: 5,9 1/4" (max but I found that my height hardily varies over the day unlike some ppl)
Wingspan: 5,11 " (I was kinda surprised that my wingspan was only that much longer than my height)
Standing reach: not sure (but it's probably pretty high for my height because of my high square shoulders)
Bench Press: Not sure
Ok it's worth mentioning that standing reach is also determined by shoulder height that can vary a lot between two people of the same height. In my case, I have high sqaure shoulders like Kevin Mchale. That alone makes my standing reach higher than average for my height even though my arm length isn't disproportionate. My shoulder height compared some ppl of my height is like an 1 or 2 inches higher.

OneMoreSucka
03-02-2009, 12:59 AM
5'11
170lb
27 inch vert
225 press
73 inch wingspan

highwhey
03-02-2009, 01:04 AM
I notice everytime these topics come up about 90% of ISH seems to be at the peak of human potential athletic ability wise. Lets see if it happens again.

Lol, so true.

OneMoreSucka
03-02-2009, 01:06 AM
I see a lot of average numbers in here, actually. Pretty much what I expected anyway.

KG215
03-02-2009, 01:09 AM
6'5"
26 inch vertical
8'7" standing reach
6'9" wingspan
225 bench max
4.8 40 yard dash

I'm not on here to puff out my chest because I was never anything great or special. I played a couple of years of JUCO ball for one reason, I could shoot the ball. I did the math...at my height, and my standing reach(8'7"), plus my vert, I should have easily been able to dunk the ball by just standing under the rim and jumping up and throwing it down. I couldn't. I could dunk it on a good day with a couple of steps. I'm an average athlete(at best), and the only reason I was halfway decent on defense was because I had long arms and was able to take a couple of steps back on most guys I guarded and still bother them. If I couldn't shoot the ball, then I would have been lucky if I could have walked on at some DII or DIII school out of high school. The 40 time, bench max, and vert, are all down since it's been awhile since I measured all of them.

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Non-gimmick J$.

Height: 5' 10.25"
Reach: 7' 8"
Vertical Leap: Can get half of fingers from standstill. Grab both hands one-step vert.. Could dunk volleyball back when I was 14 5'8-ish.
Max Bench: 205X3?
Wingspan slightly shorter than height.
40 yard dash no idea but I joined track one year and was fourth fastest on my team? One-step is excellent not so much form or acceleration or technique. People will always compliment my speed/agility on the court tho :confusedshrug:

highwhey
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Non-gimmick J$.

Height: 5' 10.25"
Reach: 7' 8"
Vertical Leap: Can get half of fingers from standstill. Grab both hands one-step vert.. Could dunk volleyball back when I was 14 5'8-ish.
Max Bench: 205X3?
Wingspan slightly shorter than height.
40 yard dash no idea but I joined track one year and was fourth fastest on my team? One-step is excellent not so much form or acceleration or technique. People will always compliment my speed/agility on the court tho :confusedshrug:
really? i'm 5'10-11ish, but i can reach over 8ft, and i know for sure i don't have long arms.

Valliant13
03-02-2009, 01:36 AM
6'
about 200lbs
6'8 wingspan (I have broad shoulders and abnormally long arms)
I'm not sure what my standing reach is
Max Bench: I can do reps of 8 with 220...I haven't maxed out in a decade
Vert: Maybe 20'. I have a compartively long broad jump for some reason, but I've never really been able to get up. I can't even touch the rim.
40 time: I haven't run it since grade school...but I'm pretty sure it would be somewhere between slow and shameful.

G-train
03-02-2009, 01:38 AM
6'6ish, 220ish.
Some of these 'average joe' bench amounts I simply do not believe. I only bench about 220 and I would be bigger and stronger than average, yet that seems poor on this forum.

Valliant13
03-02-2009, 01:44 AM
6'6ish, 220ish.
Some of these 'average joe' bench amounts I simply do not believe. I only bench about 220 and I would be bigger and stronger than average, yet that seems poor on this forum.

If you train for bench it's not hard to get your numbers up. Even an amateur powerlifter should be putting up at least 1 1/2- 2 times body weight with a few years of good training. Mind...i'd like to see the form that a lot of people were putting that claimed weight up with. If I'm bouncing the bar off my chest, or doing 1/2 reps with a spot, I'm sure I could put up significantly more (and look like a complete tool in the process.

But bench is not a meaningful indicator of functional strength anyways: I'd be way more impressed with a high clean and jerk number, than scrawny legged dude with pointlessly high bench and curl numbers.

Dbrog
03-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135
Bench: 90 lbs!
Vert (standing): 24" on a good day

Yes...I know I'm awesome.:hammertime:

G-train
03-02-2009, 01:59 AM
can you please explain 'training for bench', so I can increase that sh!t up.

andgar923
03-02-2009, 02:16 AM
When I was younger or now?

Now I'm 5'8
165 pds??
I got short arms and reach, not sure what they are but they aren't impressive
vert is 12 inches LOLLL
40 is about 5.5
Bench... not sure, the other day I managed to do 30 pushups non stop tho!

In my physical prime....

I was about 175-180
Same short arms, shorter reach due to muscle mass
Vert was around 44-46 (I couldn't dunk a regular ball because my hands were too small, but I could get my wrist 2 inches above the rim) I could dunk a volleyball tho
40 was 4.3 flat
Not sure of max but I could lift 185

I ran college track and just kept in shape in general.

(most of that is a rough estimate, except the 40 yard dash)

Junny
03-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Height: 511
Weight: 210
Max Bench: Have not done bench in a long time, my guess is somewhere around 250. But that sounds a bit too much, make it 240. I really don't remember.
The rest I've never measured, so I'm gonna have to deduce. Forget wingspan, how am I gonna deduce that?
Standing reach: I'm a little bit short of touching an 8ft ring, so that would be 711?
Vertical Leap: OK I'm probably about an inch or two off touching a 10ft ring so that would make it 24 inches?
40 yard dash, I haven't the slightest clue

I'm already guessing half of this shyt is incorrect.

Gad23
03-02-2009, 04:47 AM
I'm
6'3 barefoot or 6'4 in shoes(nba height. lol)
185 pounds, always been rather scrawny. Used to be 150 but put on weight since then.
Wingspan 6'8
Standing Reach - 8'3ish. Always had rather long arms for my height
Max Vert 28' I can dunk but nothing special. Just the barely dunk variety.
Max Bench is probably like 120 pounds. Don't really lift much.
40 yard dash? no one within 5000 miles of me does that. lol. Being asian kinda sucks. (not chinese)

Cavs2007Champs
03-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Good question. I don't know what pushed me over the line from Gym rat to Ronnie Coleman wannabe. I think though if you work out enough it becomes addictive and therefore you become involved with a culture that naturally leads to bodybuilding. Same for Powerlifters. Once you get to the 500lb bench plateau....might as well push for 700

I never thought I'd find someone else who was into working out hardcore let alone BBing on a Basketball forum!

People who are actually passionate about fitness and working out are rare now a days.

Those are some impressive #'s. I know it's been over a year, but I'm curious as to how you did at that last comp. Not sure if you even post here anymore?

I'm into PLing and then just being in shape in general, so I have more of a NFL combine players type of #'s....

Height- 5'8 and 3/4" (I don't claim 5'9)
Weight- 215-220, I'm usually a solid 195, but gaining weight to build my strength and size up.
Reach- 7'5"
Standing vert- Around 32 inches. I'm better at jumping off 1 foot, so that way I can get around 36.
40 Yard Dash- around 4.6-4.65.

I have much better in game speed, not great at running against a clock.

A few years back, when I used to Ball often and be outside playing every weekend, I could dunk, but only on a self alley oop. I'd say that was my peak of jumping ability, so I'd guess I was getting a solid 36-38 inches. I'd have to train specifically in plyo's to get to those numbers again.

pethuel03
03-02-2009, 08:10 AM
wtf..I am 16 and starting to lift weights and I am ashamed I have a max press (as of now) of 60 lbs...and i'm asian..How do you improve those benchin'

Revelation
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
When I was younger or now?

Now I'm 5'8
165 pds??
I got short arms and reach, not sure what they are but they aren't impressive
vert is 12 inches LOLLL
40 is about 5.5
Bench... not sure, the other day I managed to do 30 pushups non stop tho!

In my physical prime....

I was about 175-180
Same short arms, shorter reach due to muscle mass
Vert was around 44-46 (I couldn't dunk a regular ball because my hands were too small, but I could get my wrist 2 inches above the rim) I could dunk a volleyball tho
40 was 4.3 flat
Not sure of max but I could lift 185

I ran college track and just kept in shape in general.

(most of that is a rough estimate, except the 40 yard dash)

If your vert was 46' you would be doing 360's and two-handed windmills.

Nate Robinson is 5'8 and has a 44-46' vertical.

jamal99
03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
weight:220-225 lb
vertical leap: about 25-26
max bench: about 200 lb
standing reach 8'8+
wingspan about 6'9
40 yard dash: don't know

MD23
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Height : 6'1
Weight: 155
Standing Vert : 29.5
Runnig Vert : 35ish i can dunk pretty easy
Standing Reach : 7'9
Wingspan : 6'1
40 yard Dash : Never done it (English)
Bench : 140

Myth
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't know what I'm at now, but I'll give where I was at my peak (3 years ago)

Height: 5'9" (5'8.5" if you want to get technical)
Weight: 160 (175 now)
Vertical leap: 40" running
Standing reach: 7'3'-ish
Bench: 225
100 meter dash: 11.10
200 meter dash: 22.71
400 meter dash: About 50 seconds (ran a lot of 4x400, but never open 400s when in top shape)

Revelation
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Prime stats (from 2-3 years ago):

Weight:165 lbs
Vertical leap: Around 40 inches (running vert) -- I could dunk fairly easy on a good day
Max Bench: 225 x 9 -- Max probably near 300lbs.
Standing reach: Unknown
Wingspan: Unknown
40 yard dash: Unknown

I have to assume that some of these people's stats are inflated. If not, several of you guys are world-class athletes. Maybe I don't know very many true athletes but I rarely (if ever) see people who have a 42+ inch verticals or that bench press 500+lbs.

FIXED
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Um Otc.

KG215
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
weight:220-225 lb
vertical leap: about 25-26
max bench: about 200 lb
standing reach 8'8+
wingspan about 6'9
40 yard dash: don't know

7 foot? 8'8"+ standing reach? Something doesn't add up. I'm 6'5" and my standing reach is 8'7". That is somewhat high for for a guy my height but not insanely high. A 7 footer should have a standing reach near 9'5".

G-train
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
7 foot? 8'8"+ standing reach? Something doesn't add up. I'm 6'5" and my standing reach is 8'7". That is somewhat high for for a guy my height but not insanely high. A 7 footer should have a standing reach near 9'5".

he has a 6'9 wingspan too. it should be the same as his height normally. he obviously has very small arms

supersmashbros
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
he has a 6'9 wingspan too. it should be the same as his height normally. he obviously has very small arms
6,9" wingspan at 7,0"? ok something doesn't seem right here? and what would you consider an insanely high standing reach for someone 6,5"? 8,7" sounds pretty insanely high (but we need to know if that's w/ or w/o shoes on).

rawimpact
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
6,9" wingspan at 7,0"? ok something doesn't seem right here? and what would you consider an insanely high standing reach for someone 6,5"? 8,7" sounds pretty insanely high (but we need to know if that's w/ or w/o shoes on).

a t-rex?

Kebab Stall
03-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Height: 6'3 - 6'4

Weight: 175 lbs (before Christmas I was 168lbs, over Christmas I had the flu and went down to about 162lbs, changed my diet after Christmas, increased my workout regime and I've put on 13lbs in about 2 months, I'm hoping to get up to about 190)

Verticle leap: I don't know. I can hit the rim with my forearm (about an inch or so above the elbow) and I can dunk pretty easily.

Max bench: Don't know, haven't tried, I doubt it will be impressive though.

Standing reach: 8'4ish I'd guess

Arm span: About 6'8, maybe 6'9

40 yard dash: Never done it, it's not a common thing in the UK.

Dresta
03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Height: 6'2
Weight:170lb
Vert: 30 inches
Bench Press: 150lb
Standing Reach: 8'1
Wingspan: 6'4
40 Yard: dunno, i'm pretty quick though.

supersmashbros
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Height: 6'3 - 6'4

Weight: 175 lbs (before Christmas I was 168lbs, over Christmas I had the flu and went down to about 162lbs, changed my diet after Christmas, increased my workout regime and I've put on 13lbs in about 2 months, I'm hoping to get up to about 190)

Verticle leap: I don't know. I can hit the rim with my forearm (about an inch or so above the elbow) and I can dunk pretty easily.

Max bench: Don't know, haven't tried, I doubt it will be impressive though.

Standing reach: 8'4ish I'd guess

Arm span: About 6'8, maybe 6'9

40 yard dash: Never done it, it's not a common thing in the UK.

The majority of you guys have wingspans that are considerably longer than your height, so could that be because of black heritage or being black (no offense)?

Kebab Stall
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
The majority of you guys have wingspans that are considerably longer than your height, so could that be because of black heritage or being black (no offense)?
I'm white.

I have long arms and very long legs. I don't know where it came from. My Dad was 6'2, but didn't have long arms, his arm span was only about the same as his height, which is about normal. He did have long legs though. His Dad, my Grandad, is only 6' and doesn't have long arms or long legs. My Mum's quite tall for a woman, about 5'7 - 5'8, but again, doesn't really have long arms or legs.

Sneak
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Height - 6ft
Weight - 230ish
Standing Vert - 28" ish
Running Vert - 32" ish (can dunk off 1 foot occasionally, not a brilliant 2 footed jumper, not bad though considering my weight!!)
Standing Reach - 7ft6
Wingspan - 6ft6
Max Bench - No idea, don't do weights
40 yard - No idea, never done one.

Fatal9
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
LOL at the 35+ inch vertical guys here. Jordan only got 36" but yet half of ish is right up there with him.

Scott Pippen
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
LOL at the 35+ inch vertical guys here. Jordan only got 36" but yet half of ish is right up there with him.
:confusedshrug:

Revelation
03-06-2009, 06:35 PM

That was his standing vertical, his running vertical was 44+ inches.

Most people here are posting their running vertical.

Luigi
03-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Modern training techniques. Plus, Jordan came from a weak era. ISH posters of the 2000s are athletic specimens compared to him. Have you seen tape of the mid 90s ball? My grandma can jump higher than that. :lol
http://images-srv.leonardo.it/progettiweb/profumodivaniglia/blog/Dominique_Wilkins_01.01.88_1.jpg
http://www.chromemusic.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/michael-jordan-allstar5.jpg

You can see from these photos that we can barely call older players athletes. Their heads could only approach skimming the rim, while Ishiots who can barely lace up their sneakers can honey dip with their head. Welcome to the glorious future!

JJ81
03-06-2009, 06:41 PM
This isn't NBA.

Height: 5 Foot 11 Inches.
Weight: 157 Pounds.
Vertical Leap: 36 Inches.
Max Bench: I dunno, about 75kg.
Standing Reach: Can't remember.
Wingspan Don't know.
40 Yard Dash: Don't know (I would measure in 100m sprint anyway).

Fatal9
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
:confusedshrug:
His standing vertical....

Which is what most ISH'ers also seem to be posting.

Darius
03-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Lotta guys with 40"+ verts in this thread :oldlol:

KG215
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM

That was with shoes on. I'm right at 6'4" on the nose barefoot and a little bit over 6'5" with shoes. I thought for some reason when I looked at the pre-draft measurements archives on draftexpress, many of the players around my height had at least an 8'6"-8'7" standing reach and thought I saw some go up to 6'10". But here's what I saw when I went back and looked just now...

Rodney Stuckey 6'3.75"(barefoot) 8'4.5" standing reach
Dwyane Wade 6'3.75"(barefood) 8'6" standing reach
J.J. Redick 6'4"(barefoot) 8'1.5" standing reach
Jamal Crawford 6'4.5"(barefoot) 8'6.5" standing reach

My wingspan may be a little longer than the 6'9" I listed though. Most of the guys around my height with the same standing reach, or maybe an inch higher or shorter, had wingspans in the 6'10"-7'0" range. I've always had insanely long arms. I was 5'8" in 9th grade but had a size 13 foot. By my senior year I was 6'4" and had a size 14 foot. My arms were always very long for my height.

Oh. And I'm white. :D

Myth
03-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Prime stats (from 2-3 years ago):

Weight:165 lbs
Vertical leap: Around 40 inches -- I could dunk fairly easy on a good day
Max Bench: 225 x 9 -- Max probably near 300lbs.
Standing reach: Unknown
Wingspan: Unknown
40 yard dash: Unknown

I have to assume that some of these people's stats are inflated. If not, several of you guys are world-class athletes. Maybe I don't know very many true athletes but I rarely (if ever) see people who have a 42+ inch verticals or that bench press 500+lbs.

Funny thing is, you have one of the top 3-5 unrealistic looking bench numbers. 225 x 9 times is unusually high for a 5'8" 165lb guy. Heck, I only did 225 once when I was 5'8" 160lb and only about 4% body fat.

FIXED
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Lotta guys with 40"+ verts in this thread :oldlol:

All you guys are lying. lilojmayo said his standing vertical was 32-33 inches. He said the standing vertical is better because it measures pure explosiveness off the ground.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm197/retrojordanxvii/lilojmmmay-1.jpg

He did this w/o running he just turned around and jumped. look how high his feet are off the ground. There's no way that half you guys can jump 8 inches higher then him of a vertical jump.

Kebab Stall
03-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I just checked the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread and the average vert of posters seems to be around 26-28(with an approach) inches, with the odd 35+ inch vert in there.

So unless you guys only seen the first few posts of the thread and seen a few 35-40+ inch verticles thrown out, I doubt you actually read through the whole thread, because from what I seen (over the last 5 or so pages) there aren't that many people claiming a ridiculous vert.

Edit: Just checked the first few pages and the average vert does seem to be higher. I'd still say that 26-28 is high for some people here, but not really that uncommon.

Lakas Fan Yo
03-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Height: 6-1 (6-2 in shoes)
Weight: 180
Wingspan: 6-4
Standing reach: (without shoes) 7-8 with my left arm 7-7 with my right arm
Max Press: 250
Vertical: 36
40 Time: 4.5

VeeCee15
03-07-2009, 01:34 AM
None of you retards can jump stop kidding yourself.

supersmashbros
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm white.

I have long arms and very long legs. I don't know where it came from. My Dad was 6'2, but didn't have long arms, his arm span was only about the same as his height, which is about normal. He did have long legs though. His Dad, my Grandad, is only 6' and doesn't have long arms or long legs. My Mum's quite tall for a woman, about 5'7 - 5'8, but again, doesn't really have long arms or legs.
Thanks for that answer. Usually ppl with relatively long arms have relatively long legs (or vice versa). I am also guessing you probably have square/high shoulders (and a 'short' neck) ( The neck only appears shorter or longer because of shoulder elevation if you know what I am saying). I have very square shoulders, so even though my arm length isn't absurdly long for my height (5,9" with only a 5,11" wingspan), I suppose I have an advantage in standing reach because of shoulder height.

plowking
03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a 48 inch vertical and I run the 40 in 4.3.

Myth
03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
He said the standing vertical is better because it measures pure explosiveness off the ground.

Yes and no. If the goal is to measure pure explosiveness, then yes, it is a better measurement. But if the goal is to simply see who can get higher overall, then running vert is better.

supersmashbros
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes and no. If the goal is to measure pure explosiveness, then yes, it is a better measurement. But if the goal is to simply see who can get higher overall, then running vert is better.
Maybe standing vertical and running verticals should be averaged to see the average explosiveness. That's just my two cents.

Kebab Stall
03-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for that answer. Usually ppl with relatively long arms have relatively long legs (or vice versa). I am also guessing you probably have square/high shoulders (and a 'short' neck) ( The neck only appears shorter or longer because of shoulder elevation if you know what I am saying). I have very square shoulders, so even though my arm length isn't absurdly long for my height (5,9" with only a 5,11" wingspan), I suppose I have an advantage in standing reach because of shoulder height.
I don't really have a short neck, it is quite long. Not ridiculously long, like Chris Bosh, but long enough. My shoulders are high, but again, not that high.

KenneBell
03-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I have a 48 inch vertical and I run the 40 in 4.3.
You too? I thought it was just me and MJ.

plowking
03-07-2009, 02:12 PM
You too? I thought it was just me and MJ.

Yeah. I have plenty of pictures and quotes from my trainer stating so.

supersmashbros
03-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't really have a short neck, it is quite long. Not ridiculously long, like Chris Bosh, but long enough. My shoulders are high, but again, not that high.
btw speaking of high shoulders, you can't forgot to mention guys like Shawn Marion, Phil Jackson, and Kevin Mchale! They also have long wingspans too which effectively makes them play much 'taller' than their listed height. Keep in mind that someone like Chris Bosh has such a small head (relative to his height) that it kinda 'evens-out' his shoulder height. I am guessing you have a relatively short head for your height.

Kebab Stall
03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
btw speaking of high shoulders, you can't forgot to mention guys like Shawn Marion, Phil Jackson, and Kevin Mchale! They also have long wingspans too which effectively makes them play much 'taller' than their listed height. Keep in mind that someone like Chris Bosh has such a small head (relative to his height) that it kinda 'evens-out' his shoulder height. I am guessing you have a relatively short head for your height.
I don't know, I haven't measured my head. :oldlol:

I know that I have shortish back for my height. I'm mainly all legs.

I agree, withe the Marion, Jackson and Mchale thing though. Especially Mchale who looked wierd as hell with those high shoulders. I've seen a few times on here, that toe to shoulder height is more important than toe to head height. Which I'd agree with.

supersmashbros
03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't know, I haven't measured my head. :oldlol:

I know that I have shortish back for my height. I'm mainly all legs.

I agree, withe the Marion, Jackson and Mchale thing though. Especially Mchale who looked wierd as hell with those high shoulders. I've seen a few times on here, that toe to shoulder height is more important than toe to head height. Which I'd agree with.
I am only 5,9" (69 inches) but my head is a little bit on the long side (about 10 inches tall to be precise). However, my shoulders are so square (and thereby making my neck appear so 'short') that my chin is barely an inch from my shoulders. I've compared height with my peers who are the same height as me (by standing right next or ass-to-ass b4 no homo intended) but my shoulder height is greater than the majority of them despite my 'tall' head.

GiveItToBurrito
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow, this thread may very well be the funniest thing I've ever seen...where exactly are you all having your wingspan and standing vertical measured? I have friends who played college ball and they had no idea what half of these measurements were. I never played organized sports and have no idea what any of these measurements are for me aside from height and weight (5"11, 250), but I've done heavy weight lifting 6 days a week for a few years now and I have only a very rough estimate of what my one-rep maximum bench press is, yet it seems like all of these guys who can lift ridiculous amounts for their weight know exactly what they can do.

Oh, and another thing: It's ridiculous to think that you're unathletic just because you run a 5+ second fifty, can't dunk, and can't bench press your body weight. If your measurements/scores/whatever are at a Steve Nash/JJ Reddick level, that's actually really good since these dudes are pro athletes and thus in better shape and better ballers than pretty much anyone any of us know or ever will know.

OneMoreSucka
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Wow, this thread may very well be the funniest thing I've ever seen...where exactly are you all having your wingspan and standing vertical measured? I have friends who played college ball and they had no idea what half of these measurements were. I never played organized sports and have no idea what any of these measurements are for me aside from height and weight (5"11, 250), but I've done heavy weight lifting 6 days a week for a few years now and I have only a very rough estimate of what my one-rep maximum bench press is, yet it seems like all of these guys who can lift ridiculous amounts for their weight know exactly what they can do.
You do it yourself. Not hard at all.

Orlando Magic
03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Height: 6'7"-6'8"
Weight: 225 (yes, I have ballooned up in weight since I last posted it here... damn... 3 years ago I was at 185...)
Vertical Leap: Probably around 20"... yes, pathetic, I know.
Max Bench: No idea, I don't lift.
Standing Reach: 8'5-8-6"
Wingspan: 6'7"
40 yard dash: Haha, no clue.

KJones
03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 216
Max Bench Press: 405
Standing Vertical Jump: 48 prime (around 43 now)
Running Vertical Jump: 51 Prime (47 now, I don't really play anymore)
Wingspan: 73 inches

Jump 18 inches higher in 10 weeks:
http://www.program51.com

Fatal9
03-07-2009, 09:26 PM
kblaze standing vertical - 37"

Michael Jordan standing vertical - 36"

Especially hilarious because he prefaced his post by making a sarcastic point about ISHers exaggerating their athletic abilities.

supersmashbros
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
You do it yourself. Not hard at all.
Yes, it's isn't hard at all lol...

JG000
08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
That was with shoes on. I'm right at 6'4" on the nose barefoot and a little bit over 6'5" with shoes. I thought for some reason when I looked at the pre-draft measurements archives on draftexpress, many of the players around my height had at least an 8'6"-8'7" standing reach and thought I saw some go up to 6'10". But here's what I saw when I went back and looked just now...

Rodney Stuckey 6'3.75"(barefoot) 8'4.5" standing reach
Dwyane Wade 6'3.75"(barefood) 8'6" standing reach
J.J. Redick 6'4"(barefoot) 8'1.5" standing reach
Jamal Crawford 6'4.5"(barefoot) 8'6.5" standing reach

My wingspan may be a little longer than the 6'9" I listed though. Most of the guys around my height with the same standing reach, or maybe an inch higher or shorter, had wingspans in the 6'10"-7'0" range. I've always had insanely long arms. I was 5'8" in 9th grade but had a size 13 foot. By my senior year I was 6'4" and had a size 14 foot. My arms were always very long for my height.

Oh. And I'm white. :D

any videos of you dunking?

gyu
08-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Wow some of these are just so bs :oldlol:

phoenix18
08-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing.:roll: My running vert is 34 inches. I am 5'9" and 155 pounds.

JJ81
08-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Weight: 158lbs
Vertical Leap: 36"
100m Sprint: 10.1s

emsteez forreal
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
6'2
205 lbs.
bench: 215

kshutts1
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
6'1
170 lbs (trying to gain muscle weight)
180 is the heaviest I've ever repped... when I was lifting I didn't max out, so I don't know, but I would assume 210 or so around my peak.. probably 175 or so now
wing span... hmm... I have long arms, so maybe 6'4
standing reach - no clue
one-step vert - no clue, but last it was tested it was around 34... and I was in darn good shape then (and not now) so probably 26-28 now

twolvesfan
08-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Weight: 158lbs
Vertical Leap: 36"
100m Sprint: 10.1s
:oldlol:

ill do me now

height: 6'0
wingspan: ??? long arms, maybe 6'4
weight: 175 pounds
vertical: ???i cant touch rim (yada yada yada white men cant jump...)
100m sprint: ???? im a long distance runner, idk maybe 11 1/2 seconds?

STATmanLAKERFAN
08-02-2009, 11:12 PM
ht: 5-6
weight:140 lb
vertical leap: one step like 38
max bench: 145lb
standing reach: barely 7'0
wingspan: 5-6
40 yard dash: not sure never been timed

LebrickJames84'
08-02-2009, 11:55 PM
All you guys are lying. lilojmayo said his standing vertical was 32-33 inches. He said the standing vertical is better because it measures pure explosiveness off the ground.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm197/retrojordanxvii/lilojmmmay-1.jpg

He did this w/o running he just turned around and jumped. look how high his feet are off the ground. There's no way that half you guys can jump 8 inches higher then him of a vertical jump.

No liloj said he had a 31 inch standing vertical. He gets about 8-10 inches over rim just standing and jumping, so must of you guys are lying, or exaggerating.

Derrick Rose's Standing Vertical: 34.5
Eric Gordon's Standing Vertical: 32.0
O.J. Mayo's Standing Vertical: 30.5

He said this was his warm up dunk his first jump of the day before he started his basketball workout, it looks like a reverse, but you really have to watch it a few times to see how me moves the ball and how quick he gets off the ground, it is a pretty difficult dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIzsReN4_8

He said is getting his HD Camera, back so he said he will post of video him windmilling because he said he can do that now.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141456&page=13

LebrickJames84'
08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Here a gauge so you guys can see your full of it.

If you about 6'3 and you can reach anyway from 10"7-10"10 that's about 29-32 in vertical

Stephen Curry 6'3 Standing was 10'6.5 and his standing vertical was 29.5.

Darren Collinson 6'2 Standing Reach was 10'7 his standing vertical was 30.5

Johnny Flynn 6'1 Standing Reach was 10'8.5 his standing vertical was 33

DJ Augustine 5'11 Standing Reach was 10'3 his standing vertical was 28.5

To sum it up if your between 5'11 to 6'1 and can't grab rim with ease of no step you don't even have a 30 in vertical. If your 6'2-6'3 and can't legitally smack your wrist on the rim you don't have a 30 in vertical.

This is just 30 inches, to get a 35 in vertical like most of you guys claim you have to be able to run and literally get about 15+ inches over the rim, which 90% of you can't do.

blacknapalm
08-03-2009, 12:22 AM

If you about 6'3 and you can reach anyway from 10"7-10"10 that's about 29-32 in vertical

To sum it up if your between 5'11 to 6'1 and can't grab rim with ease of no step you don't even have a 30 in vertical. If your 6'2-6'3 and can't legitally smack your wrist on the rim you don't have a 30 in vertical.

This is just 30 inches, to get a 35 in vertical like most of you guys claim you have to be able to run and literally get about 15+ inches over the rim, which 90% of you can't do.

:roll:

reminds me of the consecutive free throw thread, where posters were saying like they averaged 30 in a row and can hit 70 in a row at times.

Batman
08-03-2009, 12:39 AM
:roll:

reminds me of the consecutive free throw thread, where posters were saying like they averaged 30 in a row and can hit 70 in a row at times.

A few posters can actually do that. If you read the HS thread in the HS/College section, lilojmayo, dwight 20-20, 1manfastbreak, looptroop have posted hitting 90/100 fts maybe even a higher percentage than that i can't recall of my head. There are a probably a several NBA forum posters that can also. 70 Fts is ridiculous though i doubt anybody can do that.

blacknapalm
08-03-2009, 12:56 AM
A few posters can actually do that. If you read the HS thread in the HS/College section, lilojmayo, dwight 20-20, 1manfastbreak, looptroop have posted hitting 90/100 fts maybe even a higher percentage than that i can't recall of my head. There are a probably a several NBA forum posters that can also. 70 Fts is ridiculous though i doubt anybody can do that.

ya, sorry about generalizing, i didn't want to include everybody. i understand there's guys who can shoot great, but there were just a lot of posters exaggerating imo.

as far as me, i've never had my vertical measured, but i can barely graze the rim so not too great.

height: 5'10"1/2
weight: 170
max bench: 175 (maybe not anymore)

heyhey06
08-03-2009, 01:09 AM
weight: 230
vertical leap: 03 inches
max bench: 24 beers
standing reach: to the back of the fridge
wingspan:- as wide as the fridge
40 yard dash: depends on who is after me

blacknapalm
08-03-2009, 01:13 AM

love it :lol

Zak
08-03-2009, 01:48 AM
alot of people here have put such high verts combined with tall heights and say they can only get this much over the rim
i'm pretty sure if you have a 46 inch vert like someone posted, you could be like 5'4 and dunking lol
my bench is prett bad, i'm 6'2 15, can dunk off one step, and can dunk 2 handed off one foot.

the highest i can get is like an inch above my wrist on the rim.

don't really know what my vert is though, have not measured.

BrentISballin
08-03-2009, 03:42 AM
weight:168-175lb
vertical leap: 26" :(
max bench: 215
standing reach: barely 7'3
wingspan: Smaller than it should be

Zak
08-03-2009, 03:44 AM
weight:168-175lb
vertical leap: 26" :(
max bench: 215
standing reach: barely 7'3
wingspan: Smaller than it should be
you have short ass arms..

Rake2204
08-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 165
Standing Vert (No Step): 29.5''
Elevation off Run: 35''
Max Bench: 225
Standing Reach: 95''

Juges8932
08-03-2009, 11:35 AM
5'11.75" barefoot
190-195 lbs
30" or so vertical leap (Never measured, just a best guess) based on jumping and such because I have tendonitis now, so I can't jump as high.
330 lbs max bench (Also a guess, as I haven't maxed since beginning of senior year of high school because I just wanted to get 315 and once I got that I never maxed again, but I can tell I got a little stronger with age and such even though I don't up my weight since back then)
7'8" standing reach
6'3" wingspan
40 yd dash time I don't remember, it was junior year for soccer.

Juges8932
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM

L O L :applause:

Finger Roll
08-03-2009, 11:55 AM
:D all the posters who benched 300+ in high school but haven't benched since and still think they can do that...

go to a gym today, if you haven't benched in over 6 months I guarantee you lost at least 75 pounds off your bench.

BTW,,, why are we measuring bench press strength? why not squats?

Juges8932
08-03-2009, 11:58 AM
:D all the posters who benched 300+ in high school but haven't benched since and still think they can do that...

go to a gym today, if you haven't benched in over 6 months I guarantee you lost at least 75 pounds off your bench.

BTW,,, why are we measuring bench press strength? why not squats?

I still work out the same amount I used to, and I rep sets of 5 of more than 75 lbs less than my max, I just haven't MAXED, because IDC.

supersmashbros
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I know. The Internet is a place where the truth and lie are hard to distinguish or sometimes it is magnifier of stupidity.

Anyways, it's surprising how much two ppl of the same height can vary so much in standing reach.
I think it's easy to figure out who has a higher standing reach just by looking.
It's obvious two ppl the same height...
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/marty_burns/06/06/splitter/t1_martynas.jpg
a guy with that kinda built (such a ridiculously long neck and low shoulders)

would have less standing reach than somebody like this

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_toRq6KFKt5A/RdEWzyj_tBI/AAAAAAAABnc/PHpiD3VBv6c/sec.jpg

the tall guy in the pic obviously ( a guy with 'no-neck' and high shoulders).

snipes12
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
height 6 feet
wingspan 6'1 1/2
weight 155
ver 30

supersmashbros
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Have any of you guys met anyone who is noticeably taller than you but he or she has a lower shoulder height than you? I' ve met a lot of ppl like that.

Slimdunkin
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
height 6'0-6'1
weight 150-155
reach 7'10
standing jump 30
running jump 35
bench haha 90?
wingspan 6'1

ive slapped stickers on a backboard to measure my touch and i can touch the screws on the rubber on the side of the backboard and have measured everything and definately touch 10'9, yet and can hardly dunk a full sized ball, only done it a few times. anyone have similar problem? with smaller balls i can go off the backboard semi-easily

Slimdunkin
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM

except consider that these players typically have longer arms and higher reaches then the average player, standing reach is what matters. some point guards in the nba are about 6'0 and have 6'10 wingspans, adding about 5 inches to their standing reach, thus 5 less on their vertical than the average person their height that can get just as high

LA_Showtime
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Great thread!

Vertical leap - 28 inches. I know, it sucks.

Height - 5'10 or 5'11. Maybe 5'10 1/2?

Weight - like 160ish

Max bench press - I haven't "maxed" out for a while, but I do reps of 250

Wingspan - How the hell would I know? It's probably not great, though.

LA_Showtime
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Have any of you guys met anyone who is noticeably taller than you but he or she has a lower shoulder height than you? I' ve met a lot of ppl like that.

Yeah. I've also met people who are my height and weight but are noticeably fatter or leaner, stronger or weaker. It's weird.

Ikill
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
height: 6'0.5
wingspan: 6'4.5
weight: 192
standing vertical: 29
running vertical: 35

ginobli2311
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
now...or when i played ball? now my stuff would be also as i'm nearing 40.

When i played:

Vert: 35 (one step)....never tested it off no step in college so i don't know it.
Height: 6-4
Weight: 195
Bench: 220
Wingspan: 6-9

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-09-2011, 08:35 PM
height: 6'0.5
wingspan: 6'4.5
weight: 192
standing vertical: 29
running vertical: 35
Lucky

IKill you play highschool ball?

LA_Showtime
03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
For those of you who have actively tried to improve your verticals how did you go about it? A couple years ago I started squatting regularly and I probably got up to a 31 inch vertical, but since college I've basically forgone any of that, especially since most college students curl at the squat rack (most annoying thing ever).

ginobli2311
03-09-2011, 08:40 PM
For those of you who have actively tried to improve your verticals how did you go about it? A couple years ago I started squatting regularly and I probably got up to a 31 inch vertical, but since college I've basically forgone any of that, especially since most college students curl at the squat rack (most annoying thing ever).

squats are probably the best thing you can do.

the other thing is just jumping. practice jumping. practice your form. make sure you are exploding up rather than out.

plyometrics are great. stuff like box jumps mixed with standing one leg calf raises.

never was a fan of strength shoes although i used them.

Bandito
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
ht: 6
weight:173 lb
vertical leap: Enough to touch the Rim with the palm of my hand but I don't really know:lol
max bench: 130lb
standing reach Don't really know
wingspan I need some kinda ruler don't I:oldlol:
40 yard dash: 4.9

LA_Showtime
03-09-2011, 08:44 PM
squats are probably the best thing you can do.

the other thing is just jumping. practice jumping. practice your form. make sure you are exploding up rather than out.

plyometrics are great. stuff like box jumps mixed with standing one leg calf raises.

never was a fan of strength shoes although i used them.

Yeah, I've recently got into long distance running so I'm afraid to squat if I'm clocking 30-35 miles per week (and it will gradually increase I think). I'm actually afraid running has caused my vertical to decrease even further.

D.J.
03-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Height- 6'7"
Weight- 225
Reach- 8'7"
Standing jump- 30 ish(in prime)
Running jump- 37"(in prime)
Bench- N/A

chazzy
03-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Ht - 6'1
Wt - 215
Bench - 290
Vert - never tested it, but can just barely dunk
40 - 4.75 back in HS football

Yeah, I've recently got into long distance running so I'm afraid to squat if I'm clocking 30-35 miles per week (and it will gradually increase I think). I'm actually afraid running has caused my vertical to decrease even further.
Long distance running works your slow twitch muscles, vert is all about explosion.. so quick sprints and burst squats (going down and exploding up onto your toes) are the type of workouts you should be doing for your vert.

magnax1
03-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Ill just do mine in high school, because I have no idea what it is now
Height 6-4
Weight 165-170
Vertical about 22-4 inches (pretty pathetic :lol )
Reach-About 8-4
Of course, now I lost about 10 pounds, which makes me about the skinniest guy at 6-4 you'll ever find, and I probably can't jump as high. I was never an athlete, but luckily I was long and tall enough to be able to play basketball really well, especially since I put an awful lot of work into it.

LA_Showtime
03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Ht - 6'1
Wt - 215
Bench - 290

Long distance running works your slow twitch muscles, vert is all about explosion.. so quick sprints and burst squats (going down and exploding up onto your toes) are the type of workouts you should be doing for your vert.

Well yeah. I should probably mention I do HIIT once a week. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. At this point I'd rather run than gain a couple inches on my vert.

Rake2204
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 165
Standing Vert (No Step): 29.5''
Elevation off Run: 35''
Standing Reach: 95''
In case you guys were wondering, I'm 170lbs. now. Powerhouse.

Also, in regards to the recent topic about guys at the same height with higher and lower shoulders and whatnot, I would definitely be the lower shouldered guy. I read about a coach who called long necks "wasted height". So that's kind of what I always considered myself, a player with wasted height.

Last summer my younger brothers and I ran through an impromptu "NBA Combine" where we completed all the drills NBA prospects are measured by then compared our numbers to said prospects. The best fact I took away from our workout: my max vert measured in summer 2010 on a concrete court was 1.5 inches lower than it was when I recorded here in 2009 (though I truly attribute a chunk of that to the outdoor court). Even then, at 33.5 inches, my max vert fit right into the middle of the pack of 2010 NBA prospects (even similar to some 6'3''ers).

However, my max reach (which one might assume would be somewhat correlated to max vert) was actually lower than every single person tested in the NBA Combine except for Sharron Collins. What do I take away from that? Either I have a grossly short standing reach or NBA prospects by and large and freakishly long dimensions. I like to think it's a mix of both.

Myth
03-09-2011, 09:04 PM
At my athletic peak:

ht: 5-8.5
weight:160 lb
vertical leap: 36-38ish
max bench: 225lb
standing reach: 7'4ish
wingspan: Don't know
40 yard dash: Don't know, but I was a sprinter with 100m time of 11.1 and 200m time of 22.71.

magnax1
03-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I have a hard time believing all these 35+ inch verts. Most athletic person I ever knew was like a 38 inch (who could dunk in the 7th grade and is like 6 feet 7 inches tall) and most people on my Varsity team were in the high 20s low 30s, and the NBA average is only like 30.

tpols
03-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I have a hard time believing all these 35+ inch verts. Most athletic person I ever knew was like a 38 inch (who could dunk in the 7th grade and is like 6 feet 7 inches tall) and most people on my Varsity team were in the high 20s low 30s, and the NBA average is only like 30.
Everyone on here claims to be 6-4+, with a ridiculous vert and a 250 press.. it's bullshit lol. The average person has a vert under 20, is under 5'11, and benches slightly below their body weight, yet if you were to compile ISH averages they would be at least one SD above what the true mean is.

I'm 6'4(I have pics in the OTC to prove), 160, with a 20something vert(I ran CC in HS and am skinny as hell), but I was always good at basketball because I'm pretty quick and I have a very good jump shot..

magnax1
03-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Everyone on here claims to be 6-4+, with a ridiculous vert and a 250 press.. it's bullshit lol. The average person has a vert under 20, is under 5'11, and benches slightly below their body weight, yet if you were to compile ISH averages they would be at least one SD above what the true mean is.

I'm 6'4(I have pics in the OTC to prove), 160, with a 20something vert(I ran CC in HS and am skinny as hell), but I was always good at basketball because I'm pretty quick and I have a very good jump shot..
Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I'm not going to lie and say I was athletic in any way, and I don't get why people are lying over something stupid like thison the internet. I believe a some of the height, because it is a basketball forum, so you'd expect the average guy to be an inch or two above America's average which is like 5-10.

its_this_big
03-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Height: 6'2'' without shoes
Weight: 170
Vertical: 27 inch no step, 35 inch max
Standing reach: 8'4''
Wignspan: 6'7''

LA_Showtime
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM

+35 is hard to believe, yeah. I'm not surprised by high 20's/low 30's though. This is a basketball forum. Most people who play basketball are somewhat athletic.

As for the guy who commented on bench press... it's hardly difficult to be able to bench more than your weight, although many basketball players do struggle with it because it doesn't favor those with long arms.

YAK
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM
I am tall, about 6'4 and a half.
About 200 pounds.
Vertical... dunno I can barely dunk one handed so maybe 20-25 inches.
Wingspan about 6'5.
Max bench about 180 pounds.
Played a bit of bball at decent standard til I was about 22, retired with an arthritic condition in my right foot.

That's all 100% honest, not even adding a miniscule amount of exaggeration - or else I would add a few inches to my vert :)

Yakkity Yak

Ikill
03-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Lucky

IKill you play highschool ball?
It's okay but i wish i was a bit taller hopefully i'm still growing and yeah i play high school ball didn't get to play this year cause i changed school i played my first two years wasn't that great just average. So i pretty much used this year just to work out and get more athletic so next year i can be really good.

Warriors fan
03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
6'5
36 inch vertical
6'9 wingspan
8'7 standing reach

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
It's okay but i wish i was a bit taller hopefully i'm still growing and yeah i play high school ball didn't get to play this year cause i changed school i played my first two years wasn't that great just average. So i pretty much used this year just to work out and get more athletic so next year i can be really good.

Nice. I quit playing ball.

5'8
32inch
5'11 wingspan

YAK
03-09-2011, 10:42 PM

5'8
32inch
5'11 wingspan

That's about as big as Mike Beasley's member.

Yakkity Yak
:cheers:

Ikill
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM

5'8
32inch
5'11 wingspan
why do you quit?

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-09-2011, 10:45 PM
why do you quit?

School, Weed, you know

PistonsFan#21
03-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 155lbs to 160lbs (im trying to get up to 170lbs so my weight changes alot)
Standing reach: 7'4''
Vertical jump (running): 38 inches
Vertical jump (standing): 33 inches
Bench press (1 rep max): 225lbs
Wingspan: never measured :confusedshrug:

Im getting close to a 40 inch vert :banana:

YAK
03-09-2011, 10:52 PM
School, Weed, you know

Take this piece of advice from an older poster:

Give up weed now and play ball instead.

You wont regret it.

Yakkity Yak
:cheers:

PistonsFan#21
03-09-2011, 11:11 PM
School, Weed, you know

So you give up on basketball to smoke weed? :hammerhead:
and lets not act as if youre a good student so no need to mention school as a reason to stop playing ball

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
I didn't give up ball to smoke weed

The weed just had me wanting to do different shittt

So I really lost interest in playing highschool ball. I was still playing thou, but later quit after we lost in the Oswha tournament

I ain't a good student but me being a senior (I stopped playing ball after Sophomore season) I just needed to get better grades, and when I smoke weed that shhiit gets me really focused on my work

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-09-2011, 11:23 PM
As well as work forgot about that:hammerhead:

gilalizard
03-10-2011, 12:19 AM
I used to be able to ollie onto the top of a picnic table.

Nowadays I'd be happy to make it over the curb.

kaiiu
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
I didn't give up ball to smoke weed

The weed just had me wanting to do different shittt

So I really lost interest in playing highschool ball. I was still playing thou, but later quit after we lost in the Oswha tournament

I ain't a good student but me being a senior (I stopped playing ball after Sophomore season) I just needed to get better grades, and when I smoke weed that shhiit gets me really focused on my work
:applause: my ni99a

KB2clutch
03-10-2011, 12:41 AM
standing reach 8'6
wingspan 8-4
40 yard dash 10.7

Can you guess who I am?

10.7 40 yard dash????!?!?!?!? u gotta be kidding me?? thats ****ing pathetic i know kids in grade 5-6 that can do better than that, plz tell me thats not real

PP34Deuce
03-10-2011, 01:07 AM
24 years old..

6'6 1/4
265-270
not a leaper, 27 inches(lil higher if im running)
max bench is 285(never hit 300,but a bunch of short rocked out dudes were hitting 315plus)
My wingspan is 6'11(Stat teacher also measured it in class experiment)
My 40 was 4.9-5.02

I sucked at basketball, I could dunk,rebound and defend but i couldnt shoot or pass.

I was a above average Dlinemen.

Rake2204
03-10-2011, 11:23 AM

I won't say this isn't true, but it'd be surprising to me if the average poster here had a vertical of under 20 inches. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a chunk of the verticals posted here are stretched a little, meaning guys may have been posting some of their slightly embellished one-step or max-jump numbers as their traditional vert (aka standing vert). I've surely slipped under the guise of the vague "what's your vert" question by providing my max instead of my standstill. However, when people are specific (like the OP was here), I will provide multiple vert results (standing, one-step, max).

I never really found the height numbers strange though. The basketball court is the only place where I feel average, if not short (at 6'3''). It wouldn't be suprising to see a portion of that carry over to a basketball forum.

Of course, I can't speculate on the weight lifting numbers, as I am not well versed in what is normal and what isn't. I believe what you say, but again I am surprised that on average, a person benches below their body weight. I cannot imagine maxing out at 160-165lbs. Again, I'd have to play the athlete card here and venture out to say that I'm betting it's not entirely unrealistic for any former or current varsity basketball players here to bench their own weight.

XxSMSxX
03-10-2011, 11:51 AM
24 years old..

6'6 1/4
265-270
not a leaper, 27 inches(lil higher if im running)
max bench is 285(never hit 300,but a bunch of short rocked out dudes were hitting 315plus)
My wingspan is 6'11(Stat teacher also measured it in class experiment)
My 40 was 4.9-5.02

I sucked at basketball, I could dunk,rebound and defend but i couldnt shoot or pass.

I was a above average Dlinemen.

Damn your tall as balls man :eek:

Height 5'7-5'8
152 lbs
I have no clue what my standing vert is but i can most definitely grab the rim on a one step jump
Max bench 205 (trying to get this up over 230 by the end of the semester)
i have between a 6'2-6'3 wingspan
My 40 time is 4.4-4.5

kumquat
03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Height:6'2
Weight:220
Wingspan:6'2 (god bless davinci)
Max bench:no idea
Standing vert: can touch a bit above the rim
Running vert: mini ball dunk, regular if i'm lucky

LA_Showtime
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Uh, benching your own weight isn't anything. Doubling would be impressive, though. I have an advantage because I have relatively short arms. I know a lot basketball players struggle with the bench because of their length.

Slimdunkin
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM

can anybody estimate my vert? with a one step gather I can barely get rim. on a good day I can get a little past my first knuckle on the rim.

probably 25 with approach. your reach is probably 8'0 and ill give your high touch 10'1, so thats 25

CeltsGarlic
02-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Ht:5'11" 180cm
Vertical 31.4 without shoes.
wt:136 62kg
wingspan 6.1 186cm
Bench I dunno

stevieming
02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Height: 5"10
Weight: 76 KG
Bench: 60Kg
Standing Reach: 7"7
Standing Vert: 19/20"
Running Vert: 29"

I sky when I offensive rebound, but am piss poor on defensive rebounds.

If I understand jumping science correctly, it must be to do with my strength level why my standing vert is so bad compared to my running vert. Don't know my 40 meter dash, but I have excellent acceleration....Only really do 100 meter sprints here in UK.

CavaliersFTW
02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
5'11.5" - in my bare feet
6'0.25" - in basketball shoes
6'0.5" wingspan
136lbs - current weight
153lbs - heaviest I've been after strength training
185lbs - max bench (less now, I'm sure)

22.5" Max Vert, @ 14 years old.... I remember cause it was much better than all but one kid who had 24" - but that's when I realized I could jump well.
36" Max Vert - w/o training it (very active though) - always been naturally good at jumping - for a white guy that is.

I only occasionally lift weights but in the past 3 years I do/have done:
*Indoor Soccer
*Basketball "6'0 & under" leagues even though most players in those leagues are 6'0-6'3... not fair since I played a "big" :oldlol:
*Mountain biking
*Track & Field (open summer meets) - long jump
*Volleyball (...bar league)
*Hiking - not a sport... but keeps you fit

1.07 crural index - (tibya length ratio in relation to femur length) - average is .83 for Caucasian American's and .87 for African American's - olympic jumpers are typically 1.1-1.2. Crural index dictates how much leverage your body has to perform tasks related to jumping. I'll typically have a leverage advantage over people of equal strength - hence I didn't have to train to jump well.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5-kAnHMeLYk/T0uXuucRtPI/AAAAAAAADCs/KIs_uE-W_ps/s400/IMG_3862.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jUsY-exWR5w/T0uXW0Li4SI/AAAAAAAADCU/VeJgNp8jZNM/s400/jump.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MOuG1-fuI2U/T0uXmpNz4sI/AAAAAAAADCk/cWZ1cI6tXjw/s400/IMG_4167.JPG

arifgokcen
02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Here is mine.A little bit different

5'9.5 bare feet
208lbs (down from 230lbs)
6'1.5 wing span
Bench Max 290lbs
My standing reach 7'10
My running vertical used to be 29-30'(74cm to be exact)
(when i was 190lbs however right now i can barely jump)
BTW i am having hard time believing all +30' verticals because i used to work on my vertical all the time i wasnt able to crack 30.

I used to play center-pf against +6'3 guys however i could push them easily.
BTW i know average american male height is 176.6cm(from an article) around my height.Everybody seems to be taller than six foot around ISH

BarberSchool
02-27-2012, 11:35 AM
ht = 6'4"
weight = was a hard 236 when I drank shakes everyday and lifted constantly, now 218
vertical leap = 32
max bench = was 265 twice, now 235
standing reach = IDK
wingspan = 6'8"
40 yard dash = 4.7

Ready to defend the homefront against any and all silverbacks.

CeltsGarlic
02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
BTW i am having hard time believing all +30' verticals because i used to work on my vertical all the time i wasnt able to crack 30.

I agree with this, Im highest jumper in my class by some margin, and all these +30 seems crazy. World class leapers we have here.

BarberSchool
02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I agree with this, Im highest jumper in my class by some margin, and all these +30 seems crazy. World class leapers we have here.Mine was 28" naturally as a sophomore in HS, started doing these toe and calf exercises my starting PG put me on to. Added an extra 4", could never do too much crazy acrobatic stuff, but that extra 4 really made everything I could do much easier. Helped alot on lobs too. The toe exercises are crazy....you never realize how much most atheletes underutilize their toes.

winnnaz
02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Height: 6"1

Weight: 100kg (put on a bit lately)

Bench: 120kg

Max Vert: ~33ish..before I destroyed my knee when I was 16..wouldn't be near that now

Wingspan: 6"7

NumberSix
02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Ht:5'10.5" 179cm Grew 0.8 inches 2cm since end of summer, hope to continue to grow.
Vertical 31.4 without shoes.
wt:136 62kg
wingspan 6.1 186cm
Bench I dunno
Hey man, I'm 28 and I'm a little over 2cm taller than when I was 27. Amar'

Maga_1
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
20 years
Height without shoes: 5'10 - 178 cm
Height with shoes: 5’11. - 180,5 cm
Hand width: 8’4 – 21.5 cm
Hand length: 7’1 – 18 cm
Wingspan: 5’10 – 180cm
Weight: 154lbs – 70kg
Body Fat: 10% - 7kg

(I Have this somewhere but i can't find in my laptop, so i'm going to leave blank)

3/4 Court Sprint:
Bench Press:
No Step Vertical:
Max Vertical:
Agility:

(I can say that i can touch the rim running easily and standing i can touch the glass with both hands).

This was in the start of the season, i'm going to do all again at the end.

arifgokcen
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Uh, benching your own weight isn't anything. Doubling would be impressive, though. I have an advantage because I have relatively short arms. I know a lot basketball players struggle with the bench because of their length.

Doubling your own weight is not impressive.It would be fantastic (not possible for most people though)accomplishment.I used to work out all the time.I was around 230.I could barely crack 300lbs(one rep). 280lbs 10reps. Doubling is not likely for most people.I dont think i have heard any nba player that can bench double their own weight.

CavaliersFTW
02-27-2012, 12:15 PM
I agree with this, Im highest jumper in my class by some margin, and all these +30 seems crazy. World class leapers we have here.

with 22.5" I was the 2nd highest jumper in my class in 9th grade, and that was far ahead of everyone else at that age pulling 15-19". I was 2nd behind a guy who was held back a year - and was a very good athlete, who had 24". I was 5'7-5'8 skinny as a rail - and my fitness activity at the time was playing video games, I didn't do any sports or lift weights, in fact I was a nerd with low confidence.

I have a very high crural index, much nearer to Olympic jumpers than the average person - I'm very lightweight (but not weak) and at this point I do a lot of sports. My max-vertical 2 years ago was dead-even 36.0". I'm about 25 now, so perhaps it's only going to go down from here but at 23, in the prime of my life doing many different sports ~4 days a week, 36" does not seem otherworldly like some people make it out to be. It's certainly not common though, I'll agree on that. In all the sports I do I've never met someone who I felt could jump higher/farther than me that isn't disciplined to do so - like a Track and Field jumper or something. Black or white, I can always out leap people save for 2 guys I've played against out of the 2 basketball leagues I've been in. And they only seemed to "match" my relative hang time not exceed it.

I never did long-jump in High-School (I did run hurtles Junior and Sr year though) and in 2010 I was a walk-on for a Track and Field summer meet with 2 weeks of practice and placed first in the long-jump by a 12" margin. There were no elite jumpers in the competition, just some high-school competitors who wanted to get ahead with summer practice and a former collegiate jumper that was approaching thirty - but still, it surprised me that I was that far ahead. And I did that with bad form, my speed was good but my penultimate step was... ugly. I wasn't elevating like I should - and my arms swung me to the side rather than straight ahead. Anyways a 30+" vertical might seem a stretch for you guys but some people are just naturally good at jumping.

RRR3
02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Height: About six feet even I think
Weight: More than I'd like LOL, maybe around 190-200, and not enough is muscle
Max Bench press: Not sure, but probably not much
Standing Reach: IDK
Wingspan: IDK
Vertical Leap: I can get off the ground :D

SteveNashMVPcro
02-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Height:6'0.5 184cm
Weight:135 lbs 61 kg
Wingspan: 6'3 193
I don't know the rest but my vertical is pretty bad and so is my bench.I need to gaina few pounds

arifgokcen
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
with 22.5" I was the 2nd highest jumper in my class in 9th grade, and that was far ahead of everyone else at that age pulling 15-19". I was 2nd behind a guy who was held back a year - and was a very good athlete, who had 24". I was 5'7-5'8 skinny as a rail - and my fitness activity at the time was playing video games, I didn't do any sports or lift weights, in fact I was a nerd with low confidence.

I have a very high crural index, much nearer to Olympic jumpers than the average person - I'm very lightweight (but not weak) and at this point I do a lot of sports. My max-vertical 2 years ago was dead-even 36.0". I'm about 25 now, so perhaps it's only going to go down from here but at 23, in the prime of my life doing many different sports ~4 days a week, 36" does not seem otherworldly like some people make it out to be. It's certainly not common though, I'll agree on that. In all the sports I do I've never met someone who I felt could jump higher/farther than me that isn't disciplined to do so - like a Track and Field jumper or something. Black or white, I can always out leap people save for 2 guys I've played against out of the 2 basketball leagues I've been in. And they only seemed to "match" my relative hang time not exceed it.

I never did long-jump in High-School (I did run hurtles Junior and Sr year though) and in 2010 I was a walk-on for a Track and Field summer meet with 2 weeks of practice and placed first in the long-jump by a 12" margin. There were no elite jumpers in the competition, just some high-school competitors who wanted to get ahead with summer practice and a former collegiate jumper that was approaching thirty - but still, it surprised me that I was that far ahead - I had bad form too (my speed was good but my penultimate step was bad - and my arms swung me to the side rather than straight ahead). So a 30+" vertical might seem a stretch for you guys but some people are just naturally good at jumping.

Mate nobody is accusing you of lying.It just seems strange when only handful of nba players has +35-36' verticals.However i know some people like you.I recall one back in HS.He was shorter than me.About 5'8.He could dunk easily.His wing span and standing reach wasnt very good either.However you can understand our skepticism when almost half of ISH claiming verticals between 30'-38'

CavaliersFTW
02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Mate nobody is accusing you of lying.It just seems strange when only handful of nba players has +35-36' verticals.However i know some people like you.I recall one back in HS.He was shorter than me.About 5'8.He could dunk easily.His wing span and standing reach wasnt very good either.However you can understand our skepticism when almost half of ISH claiming verticals between 30'-38'

Didn't know that many people were claiming it lol. The ratio of non-pro athletes I've seen (who are active in sports) who can jump comparable to my jumps vs the ones who can't is certainly not good. It's probably like 1 in 75 based on how many players are in the 2 basketball leagues, and that's for people that are in my age group. I don't know what's normal but 26-34 should seem plausible for anyone physically fit and age 19-25 no?

www.draftexpress.com/measurements

The overwhelming majority of NBA draft candidates are 28-36" - not that everyone here is that age, or that physically conditioned. But Larry Bird allegedly had a 28" max vert - he was 6'9 and no stand-out leaper he was just an average joe who was fit. Anyone who's physically fit and young could be anywhere in that range, no? Maybe not though maybe basing it on NBA numbers is too high a bar.

BlitzForce
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
From 2 years ago

5'8.5" bare feet
204lbs fat
5'9" wing span
standing reach 7'4" in shoes
Bench Max 315lbs - short arms help :lol

Standing vertical 31 inches
running vertical 34 inches

inclinerator
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM
6'8
7'2
idk
bech 545

standing vert 40
running vert 49

Parasite
02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 195lbs
Wingspan: 6'2"
Reach: 7'7"
Vertical: 33" can grab the rim with 2 hands
Bench: 200lbs
Have never timed a 40yard run, so no idea

LBJMVP
02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
height: 5'10"

weight: 135 yup im skinny, whatchu gonna do about it!

bench: ? i havent benched ever (dont really workout that much)

standing reach: probly around 7 feet 7 inches (this is just a guess based on me being able to touch rim, so give or take an inch or two on this and vertical.)

wingspan: about 5 feet 11 inches

vertical: dont know but i can barely touch rim which should give me a 28-29 inch vetical (based off my assumed standing reach)

40 time: last time i did it was over a year ago and it was for basketball training and i ran it in 5.08 seconds, but we never measured at the end of the training. i was never good at the 40 though. it took a little time to get to full speed. i was the fastest player on our team.

Peteballa
02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
ht: 5-10
weight:140 lb
vertical leap: ~36 (Can dunk with two hands on a good day)
max bench: ~120lb
standing reach: No clue.
wingspan 6-2
40 yard dash: Also no idea. Probably around 4.7 or 4.8

Deuce Bigalow
02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
height: 7'1"
weight: 300 lb
vertical leap: 50"
max bench: 500 lb
standing reach: 9'7"
wingspan: 8'4"
40 yard dash: 4.5 sec

I did not die in '99. I'm alive!

chazzy
02-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Ht - 6'1
Wt - 215
Bench - 290
Shiieet one year later and I'm 220 and a lot more cut.. bench 315 now

Rake2204
02-27-2012, 09:09 PM
So, had some time to burn while required to be doing something on the computer, so I did an impromptu data collection of the posts in this thread. I garnered the highest given vertical numbers, assuming most were providing their max verticals as opposed to their traditional no-step verts. Further, I only had weight categories in the tens (170, 180, 190, etc.) so half of the fives were placed high and the other half low (175 became 180 for some, 170 for others). Also, most heights, given the option, were without shoes, since that's how I gave my measurement. Really rough data not meant to be exact, just a fun time-passer.

According to this thread, InsideHoops posters are:

Average Height: 6'1''
Average Weight: 185.5 lbs.
Average Max Vertical: 31.65''

Most Common Responses:

Height: 6'0'' (17 posters)
Weight: 170 (14 posters)
Maximum Running Vertical: 36'' (8 posters)

Individual Highs and Lows:

Height - Shortest: 5'6''; Tallest: 7'0''
Weight - Lightest: 130lbs.; Heaviest: 324lbs.
Vertical - Lowest: 16''; Highest: 41''

I disregarded the obvious false posts (Andrew Bynum) but there was at least one person trying to pass a prime 51'' as legitimate, so for the sake of the numbers, that one was included, but not in the individual high category right above.

FindingTim
02-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Oh well.

nice, classic Humblebrags! (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6769380/the-humblebrag-power-list)

seriously though, I'm impressed. Legendary youtube mixer + poor man's J-Rich dunker. Not bad, not bad at all...