PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's playoff run in 2012 vs. Kobe's playoff run in 2009

StateOfMind12
07-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Apparently, many people (Kobe stans) believe that this is an argument and they believe that Kobe's run was actually better than LeBron's.

I believe LeBron's run was better and quite clearly better but I would just like to know ISH's opinion on which run was actually better.

What do you think?

9erempiree
07-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I would go with Kobe's run because it was straight beasting and he was one of 3 players.

Lebron's run was great as well but the difference between Kobe and Pau was huge where the difference between production between Wade and Bron isn't that far apart.

cteach111
by many people, i guess your referring to Deuce Bigalow

ripthekik
You have to look at many factors, other than their individual play.
Just by looking at the teammate Lebron has - Wade and Bosh, and comparing with Kobe's Pau Gasol.. that's all that needs to be said.

9erempiree
07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Just by looking at the teammate Lebron has - Wade and Bosh, and comparing with Kobe's Pau Gasol.. that's all that needs to be said.

Exactly....The Heat are practically three-fifths of an Olympic team.

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
LeBron, and this is coming from a Kobe fan. James just impacts the game in more ways.

longtime lurker
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Jesus. What are Lebron fans obsession with Kobe :facepalm Even when Lebron wins they can't keep Kobe outta their mouths

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:30 AM

We gonna act like Bosh didn't miss the ECSF and half of the ECF and Wade wasn't playing with a messed up knee?

9erempiree
07-02-2012, 12:31 AM
LeBron, and this is coming from a Kobe fan. James just impacts the game in more ways.

I understand.

It's been 3 years since Kobe's last run and you have probably forgotten a lot of things.

fpliii
07-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Apparently, many people (Kobe stans) believe that this is an argument and they believe that Kobe's run was actually better than LeBron's.

I believe LeBron's run was better and quite clearly better but I would just like to know ISH's opinion on which run was actually better.

What do you think?

:biggums:

last time I checked, DWade has a Finals MVP, which none of Kobe's guys had during the repeat :wtf:

longtime lurker
07-02-2012, 12:32 AM
We gonna act like Bosh didn't miss the ECSF and half of the ECF and Wade wasn't playing with a messed up knee?

To be fair you can throw in the Bynum factor(or non factor) and the fact that the Lakers play in a conference that isn't a huge joke. Anyways I'm done with this topic.

*presses eject button

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I understand.

It's been 3 years since Kobe's last run and you have probably forgotten a lot of things.

Nope, I remember the 2009 run like it was yesterday. Seeing Kobe destroy the Nuggets in the WCF was one of my favorite Kobe moments ever. Miami IMO depended on LeBron more than the Lakers depended on Kobe. LeBron pretty much defeated Indiana by himself and he was the only consistent player in the Boston series.

Wade pretty much realized this season that LeBron was the better player and took a step back and let LeBron lead this team.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Nope, I remember the 2009 run like it was yesterday. Seeing Kobe destroy the Nuggets in the WCF was one of my favorite Kobe moments ever. Miami IMO depended on LeBron more than the Lakers depended on Kobe. LeBron pretty much defeated Indiana by himself and he was the only consistent player in the Boston series.

Wade pretty much realized this season that LeBron was the better player and took a step back and let LeBron lead this team.

regardless tho, wade stepping back is a better player than gasol ever was or will be. And then he also has bosh who is basically gasol. lol. Cmon.

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 12:38 AM
You gonna act like Wade didn't put up 23 ppg, 5rpg, 5apg? Which other SG can do it even with a bad knee?

Wade and Bosh could explode at any moment. They didn't need to do it all game long. Just play in 5 minutes stretches of their prime, and they help Lebron and the Heat to win. It's easy to rack up all those assists when you have these 2 guys and shooters around you.

It's also easy to rack up rebounds when your coach plays small ball and makes you play the PF.

Stats aren't the whole thing. Who you have in your team can tremendously impact your stats and inflate them.

Bernie Nips
07-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Hahahaha people actually think Kobe's 09 run was better?

:roll:

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 12:40 AM
LeBron pretty much defeated Indiana by himself and he was the only consistent player in the Boston series.

Wade played AMAZING in the latter games of the Pacer series. That was prime Wade. Dude was sliding through the defense like they were nonexistent and dishing it off gracefully. That was not lebron carrying his own team single handedly, like other superstars often have.

Celtics series Wade was even doubled, this showed his important. Which other Best player of the team gets the luxury of having another teammate double teamed? This created space for him and made things easier.

StateOfMind12
07-02-2012, 12:42 AM
LeBron pretty much defeated Indiana by himself and he was the only consistent player in the Boston series..
Actually, LeBron got a lot of help from Wade in the Pacers series. After Granger started talking smack to Wade, Wade just destroyed the Pacers. I agree with the rest of your post though. :cheers:

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:42 AM
regardless tho, wade stepping back is a better player than gasol ever was or will be. And then he also has bosh who is basically gasol. lol. Cmon.

'09 & '10 Gasol >>>>>> '12 Bosh in the postseason. Just stop.

Wade overall had a good Finals and even with a banged up knee he is still a top 2-3 SG in the league, but he was so inconsistent in the postseason before Miami reached the Finals.

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Actually, LeBron got a lot of help from Wade in the Pacers series. After Granger started talking smack to Wade, Wade just destroyed the Pacers. I agree with the rest of your post though. :cheers:

Yea, he had great games and crappy games in that Indiana series which proves my point on his inconsistency.

9erempiree
07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Can't believe kids are trying to make an argument that Pau over Wade and Bosh.

fpliii
07-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Can't believe kids are trying to make an argument that Pau over Wade and Bosh.

smh!

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 12:45 AM
'09 & '10 Gasol >>>>>> '12 Bosh in the postseason. Just stop.

Wade overall had a good Finals and even with a banged up knee he is still a top 2-3 SG in the league, but he was so inconsistent in the postseason before Miami reached the Finals.

just cuz bosh had a lesser role doesnt mean hes worse just means wade and the team was that good

Odinn
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
The only good thing about these threads is expanding my ignore list.

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Wade stats, just some that I can find easily

Game 4: 13-23 FG, 9 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 30 points
Game 5: 10-17 FG, 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 28 points
Game 6: 17-25 FG, 10 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 41 points

Yeah, it was all Lebron. Which other leader of a team has someone capable of putting up those stats? :confusedshrug:

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:48 AM
just cuz bosh had a lesser role doesnt mean hes worse just means wade and the team was that good

Bosh was banged up, he had a solid Finals, but he wasn't 100%. I'll take '09 & '10 Gasol any day of the week.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Bosh was banged up, he had a solid Finals, but he wasn't 100%. I'll take '09 & '10 Gasol any day of the week.

its a hell of a lot closer than wade and pau

9erempiree
07-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Wade stats, just some that I can find easily

Game 4: 13-23 FG, 9 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 30 points
Game 5: 10-17 FG, 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 28 points
Game 6: 17-25 FG, 10 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 41 points

Yeah, it was all Lebron. Which other leader of a team has someone capable of putting up those stats? :confusedshrug:

Those are Lebron-like numbers too.

Pau wasn't putting up Kobe numbers in that back to back.

I LUV KOBE
Kobe run is better and not even closed.. Stats don't say it all, Kobe is clutch, better leader and lead his team without a top ten player while Lebron run is good he has a top 5 player in his team and capable franchise player and can easily be a top ten player if he has his own team "Bosh".

Bernie Nips
My favourite is "Kobe's stats aren't as good but his cast is worse!!!"

...shouldn't his stats go UP cos his cast is worse, cos he'd need to do more? Strange how LeBron had all the help, yet still managed to beat Kobe in every category statistically.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 12:51 AM
My favourite is "Kobe's stats aren't as good but his cast is worse!!!"

...shouldn't his stats go UP cos his cast is worse, cos he'd need to do more? Strange how LeBron had all the help, yet still managed to beat Kobe in every category statistically.

pace

lakers are big team gotta slow it down

Bernie Nips
07-02-2012, 12:52 AM
pace

So you're saying their SIZE is what determined how they played?

So...

their size...

...was most important...

...to their play...

...see where I'm going with this...

imdaman99
07-02-2012, 12:53 AM
kobes run because lebrons run was aided by injuries. shump would have been on him for long stretches and so would have been bradley in the ecf :confusedshrug:

either way, fcuk u and fcuk your clear as days agendas

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 12:54 AM
So you're saying their SIZE is what determined how they played?

So...

their size...

...was most important...

...to their play...

...see where I'm going with this...

it was just their gampelan because thats how the team was built. The heat were built differently, they could run and gun because they had wade. Doesnt mean wade was the most important player on the team because their gameplan wouldnt work as well without him

i feel like youre pooping on the keyboard and hoping an intelligent thought comes out but it doesnt seem to be happening

DuMa
07-02-2012, 12:55 AM
LBJ. he also guarded the best player on the opposing team for every series. He was never hidden on defense like Kobe was

1987_Lakers
07-02-2012, 12:56 AM
pace

Just stop.

We all know LeBron is a better rebounder, passer, & defender than Kobe which is why I said LeBron impacts the game in more ways.

And we are talking about the 2009 Lakers not 2012. Lakers in 2009 played at a 94.3 pace, 5th in the NBA. This is when we had Ariza who was a very good transition player, & Kobe, Gasol, Odom were all younger and could run the floor well.

Kurosawa0
07-02-2012, 01:05 AM
LeBron and it's not remotely close.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Just stop.

We all know LeBron is a better rebounder, passer, & defender than Kobe which is why I said LeBron impacts the game in more ways.

And we are talking about the 2009 Lakers not 2012. Lakers in 2009 played at a 94.3 pace, 5th in the NBA. This is when we had Ariza who was a very good transition player, & Kobe, Gasol, Odom were all younger and could run the floor well.

irrelevant considering the game still slows down in playoffs and they didnt mind doing that, and they played against orl which loved to run.

Its still no bron wade bosh, they simply played faster. Its not a big deal. Orls defense and okc is night and day btw. You had to play slow against orl cuz theyll kill you.

ive never seen a game end and the refs count the rebounds to determine who wins. those are not the end all stats.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 01:10 AM
LBJ. he also guarded the best player on the opposing team for every series. He was never hidden on defense like Kobe was

So wait, who was bron guarding in the C's series? KG or rondo? Cuz either way he got ****ing torched. Cuz I know pierce ain't their best player and so he couldn't have been guarding pierce according to you. He guarded durant? Wow first time I've ever seen a SF guard a SF!!

inclinerator
07-02-2012, 01:11 AM
make a poll

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 01:12 AM
make a poll

im going to post a thread for it cuz im interested. ill do it right with all the stats.

gimme 10 min yall

Kurosawa0
07-02-2012, 01:12 AM
So wait, who was bron guarding in the C's series? KG or rondo? Cuz either way he got ****ing torched. Cuz I know pierce ain't their best player and so he couldn't have been guarding pierce according to you. He guarded durant? Wow first time I've ever seen a SF guard a SF!!

Anyone that would say something that dumb either is a complete hack, didn't watch the games or both. It's so bad, I'm going to put you on ignore.

Just. Incredibly. Dumb. :facepalm

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Kobe's Game 3 vs the Nuggets
Kobe's Game 2 vs Rockets
Kobe's Game 1 vs Magic
Kobe's Game 3 vs Jazz

were all better than anything Lebron did. But the Lakers played so great has a team that year too.

And Kobe's 2010 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron's :lol

BallsOut
07-02-2012, 01:23 AM
If you look at merely stats, its Lebron. If you factor in both contribution, level of competition, who Kobe has as a 2nd option vs. who Lebron has as a 2nd and 3rd option and 4th option in the refs, its Kobe's playoff run and it's not even close.

PickernRoller
07-02-2012, 01:24 AM
The question is, would a Kobe 09', 10' led team have beaten an 11', 12' Lebron led team. The answer to that is super clear.

/Thread.

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 01:25 AM
If you look at merely stats, its Lebron. If you factor in both contribution, level of competition, who Kobe has as a 2nd option vs. who Lebron has as a 2nd and 3rd option and 4th option in the refs, its Kobe's playoff run and it's not even close.
Something Lebron fans refuse to face.

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
LeBron had one of the greatest playoffs run in the last 5 years.
I only had to look one year back at Dirk's :confusedshrug:

Stuckey
07-02-2012, 01:34 AM
i gotta go with Lebron but it`s very close

secund2nun
07-02-2012, 01:35 AM
The fact that people are comparing Kobe's run with Lebron's vastly superior run is a joke. Kobe's is not even on the same level as Lebron's.

Lebron's 2012 averages vs Kobe's 2009 averages:

30.3 ppg vs 30.2 ppg-------------------- Lebron advantage
50% fg vs 45.7% fg----------------------Lebron advantage
9.7 rpg vs 5.3 rpg------------------------Lebron advantage
5.6 apg vs 5.5 apg-----------------------Lebron advantage
1.9 spg vs 1.7 spg-----------------------Lebron advantage
.7 bpg vs .9 bpg-------------------------Kobe advantage

Also Lebron was the center piece of Miami's defense while Kobe was nowhere as impactful on defense as Lebron.

There is no comparison. Also Lebron's finals performance was much better than Kobe's finals performances.

Lebron23
07-02-2012, 01:39 AM
The fact that people are comparing Kobe's run with Lebron's vastly superior run is a joke. Kobe's is not even on the same level as Lebron's.

Also Lebron was the center piece of Miami's defense while Kobe was nowhere as impactful on defense as Lebron.

There is no comparison. Also Lebron's finals performance was much better than Kobe's finals performances.

Repped

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DuMa
07-02-2012, 01:45 AM
kobes run because lebrons run was aided by injuries. shump would have been on him for long stretches and so would have been bradley in the ecf :confusedshrug:

either way, fcuk u and fcuk your clear as days agendas

you could also argue the same for 2009. had Garnett's injury in 2009 not happened, they wouldve been the favorites in the playoffs and given Lakers more hell in the finals, just like 2008.

Sakkreth
07-02-2012, 01:51 AM
WTF is this thread. LeBron easily.

DatAsh
07-02-2012, 02:30 AM
I'll quote myself from the other thread.

I won't go so far as to say that the answer to this question is an easy, no questions asked, lopsided domination in favor of Lebron, but I will say that Lebron does have a somewhat clear advantage.

Lebron was better in virtually every area. He scored more, on better efficiency, assisted more, rebounded way more, and was the far superior defender.

Kobe's only real case IMO is the fact that Lebron had more help, and while I can agree that that is a somewhat legitimate argument, I don't know if it holds as much water as it normally would in this particular case. Lebron's team, although unquestionably better than 09' Kobe's team, is extraordinarily top heavy, and arguably constructed on the foundation of just three players. Now consider the fact that one of those three players was injured for much of the playoffs, and the other was playing on an injured knee(that or he's just declined). Those two factors somewhat counter the fact that Kobe played with an inferior supporting cast. Also, while I would generally agree that Wade>>>>Gasol, I don't think it's as cut and dry in this case.

Wade averaged 23/5/4 on 46%
Gasol averaged 18/11/3 on 54%

IMO it's closer than what you would normally think.

All that being said, what really put's Lebron's performance over the top is the fact that had the biggest games when they mattered most: the 45/15/5 on 73% game vs Boston to hold off elimination will go down as one of the greatest games of all time. Also, the triple double in the clinching game of the NBA finals will certainly be remembered as one of those shining moments in NBA finals history.

Kobe's run was epic, and among the best ever, but Lebron's was more epic, both in terms of how well they played, and how much was riding on each man's success/failure..

Cali Syndicate
07-02-2012, 03:15 AM
irrelevant considering the game still slows down in playoffs and they didnt mind doing that, and they played against orl which loved to run.

Its still no bron wade bosh, they simply played faster. Its not a big deal. Orls defense and okc is night and day btw. You had to play slow against orl cuz theyll kill you.

ive never seen a game end and the refs count the rebounds to determine who wins. those are not the end all stats.

Pace of the Lakers during the playoffs in 09 - 91.1

Pace of the Heat during the playoffs in this last season - 88

Crazy right?

tpols
07-02-2012, 03:38 AM

Points? Same..
Assists? Same..
Steals/Blocks? Same..

So Lebron wins the FG argument while shooting way less 3s(you have to at least use eFG in this case) and the rebounding argument because his team had zero frontline for the majority of the playoffs. Kobe of course was more clutch and reliable down the stretch of games to take over.

I have Lebron's run over Kobe's but only because Lebron really stepped up in the finals when his team needed him after getting destoryed by KD in Game 1. Kobe didnt really have a Finals rival like that in that year even though he did shit on Melo at his peak(comparable to Durant) in the WCF.

TheeBeast
07-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Kobe VS. Magic- Def Rtg: 101.9 (1st of 30) Opp PTS/G: 94.4 (6th of 30)

Lebron VS. Thunder- Def Rtg: 103.2 (11th of 30) Opp PTS/G: 96.9 (17th of 30)

Finals per game:

Kobe:
32/5.6/7.4/ 1.4 blk

.43fg% .36 3p%

Lebron:
28.6/10/7.4/ .3 blk

.472 fg% .188 3p%

Lebron is a 6'9 SF so rebounds can't be complained about

Total points and assists in playoffs:

Kobe Bryant:
695 total points
126 total assists
on 940 minutes played

LeBron James:
697 total points (+2 points more than Kobe)
129 total assists (+3 more assists than Kobe)
on 983 minutes played

Lebron James Played 43 minutes longer than Kobe

tpols
07-02-2012, 03:50 AM

Kobe Bryant:
695 total points
126 total assists
on 940 minutes played

LeBron James-
697 total points
129 total assists
on 983 minutes played

Exactly.. you have to realize that the BIGGEST impact these two guys make is their offensive production/creation. They both pumped out the same amount of points and assists but the big difference I see is that Lebron tends to get a lot of his buckets in the free flow of the game while Kobe.. Kobe gets his in his spots. Like he'll distribute for a while to get his teammates going on most nights and then demand the ball, and score at will as momentum shifts need to be seized. I just find that that style of play leads to less stats/statpadding and a more in control, personally influential game. Lebron of course has a defensive edge because he was relied upon a lot more because of that weak frontline but Kobe was a world class defender at the SG spot so it's not a huge difference.

All Net
07-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Lebron's was better but Kobe's was great too. Funny thing is both had bounce back years in which both had heartbreaking losses in the finals the year before.

Smoke117
07-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Laker/Kobe fans are idiots. Lebron meant so much more to the defense than Kobe did in 2009 while having better offensive stats that YOU HAVE TO BE A FANBOY to think Kobe was better in the 2009 playoff run than Lebron was in this 2012 run. Nothing will change opinions with rose colored glasses, but hey play the clown.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 04:04 AM

Finals per game:

Kobe:
32/5.6/7.4/ 1.4 blk

.43fg% .36 3p%

Lebron:
28.6/10/7.4/ .3 blk

.472 fg% .188 3p%

Lebron is a 6'9 SF so rebounds can't be complained about

Total points and assists in playoffs:

Kobe Bryant:
695 total points
126 total assists
on 940 minutes played

LeBron James:
697 total points (+2 points more than Kobe)
129 total assists (+3 more assists than Kobe)
on 983 minutes played

the shit that make your soul burn slow..

TheeBeast
07-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Laker/Kobe fans are idiots. Lebron meant so much more to the defense than Kobe did in 2009 while having better offensive stats that YOU HAVE TO BE A FANBOY to think Kobe was better in the 2009 playoff run than Lebron was in this 2012 run. Nothing will change opinions with rose colored glasses, but hey play the clown.

How does his physical presence make his playoff run better? And he obviously only had a few more points than him on 43+ minutes played.

Lebron is bigger and taller than Kobe, something that can't be changed so of course he is going to have more rebounds, not blocks in this case.

TheeBeast
07-02-2012, 04:09 AM
the shit that make your soul burn slow..

:pimp:

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 04:12 AM

i wonder if kobe would ever get defensive credit if his matchup averaged 33 pts on 55%

StateOfMind12
07-02-2012, 04:17 AM
i wonder if kobe would ever get defensive credit if his matchup averaged 33 pts on 55%
LeBron didn't guard Durant much in the series, it was primarily Battier. LeBron did the best job on Durant though out of all the Heat defenders but Durant got his regardless but just not as efficient as he got his against the other Heat defenders.

It's because they needed him to because almost all the Heat games in the post-season were close. Kobe had more of a cakewalk to the championship in 2009 than LeBron did in 2012 because LeBron has to deal with injuries of his own teammates while Kobe's team was perfectly healthy and every team that he faced suffered injuries instead.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 04:19 AM
LeBron didn't guard Durant much in the series, it was primarily Battier. LeBron did the best job on Durant though out of all the Heat defenders but Durant got his regardless but just not as efficient as he got his against the other Heat defenders.

Its weird tho, while watching the game you can tell lebron was a factor defensively but just stats wise its not that big of a deal. He didn't really do anything special. 2 guys on Boston lit them up that he supposedly has the ability to guard either one, he did nothing against them, durant got his, he didnt guard harden at all.. Eh. But i guess just being there makes people afraid to try and go at him as much

Also lakers werent perfectly healthy, bynum had that wonderful month of 20 and 10 then died.

Deuce Bigalow
07-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Kobe averaged 40.9 MPG, Lebron averaged 42.7 MPG

Here are Lebron's stats per 40.9 MPG:

LBJ per 40.9..........Kobe
29.0 ppg..............30.2 ppg - Kobe
9.3 rpg.................5.3 rpg - Lebron
5.4 apg................5.5 apg - Kobe
1.8 spg................1.7 spg - Lebron
0.7 bpg................0.9 bpg - Kobe
3.4 to..................2.6 to - Kobe
57.6 ts%..............56.4 ts% - Lebron
50.0 fg%..............45.6 fg% - Lebron
25.9 3pt%............34.9 3pt% - Kobe
73.9 ft%..............88.3 ft% - Kobe

Heat's 4th Quarter/OT leading scorer: D-Wade
Laker's 4th Quarter/OT leading scorer: Kobe

Advantage: Kobe

PPG difference from 2nd best player
Kobe: 11.9
Lebron: 7.5

Advantage: Kobe

Kobe 8, Lebron 4

:D

TheeBeast
07-02-2012, 04:24 AM
It's because they needed him to because almost all the Heat games in the post-season were close. Kobe had more of a cakewalk to the championship in 2009 than LeBron did in 2012 because LeBron has to deal with injuries of his own teammates while Kobe's team was perfectly healthy and every team that he faced suffered injuries instead.

From what I could remember, Kobe was injured himself (which is why he needed surgery after the finals) and his third best teammate, Andrew Bynum was also injured.

StateOfMind12
07-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Its weird tho, while watching the game you can tell lebron was a factor defensively but just stats wise its not that big of a deal. He didn't really do anything special. 2 guys on Boston lit them up that he supposedly has the ability to guard either one, he did nothing against them, durant got his, he didnt guard harden at all.. Eh. But i guess just being there makes people afraid to try and go at him as much

Also lakers werent perfectly healthy, bynum had that wonderful month of 20 and 10 then died.
I was referring to the post-season where he played all the games and defended Howard pretty well in the Finals. He did nothing against Yao Ming though.

Anyways, LeBron's defense is dangerous due to his ability to switch against any defender.

It makes teams a living nightmare to use the pick and rolls against because LeBron will just switch on whoever in the pick. He can't guard certain players for an entire game such as Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, etc. but he can switch on them and guard them and deny them the ball for a few possessions and on switches which is why the Heat's pick and roll defense is as great as it is. His versatility is just a complete nightmare for opposing offenses.

From what I could remember, Kobe was injured himself (which is why he needed surgery after the finals) and his third best teammate, Andrew Bynum was also injured.
That is 2010, not 2009.

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Lebron 2012 playoff run is overrated.. Dude is not even the best player in the finals series, Durant was.. Lebron stan talk about how great his defense but forgot to look how easily Durant scored and outplayed him the entire series.. It sad that OKC lost, Durant deserved the FMVP not Lebron.. Thanks to Miller, Wade, Battier, Bosh that Lebron got his FMVP..

Lebron23
07-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Give me LeBron 24/7

NumberSix
07-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Lebron 2012 playoff run is overrated.. Dude is not even the best player in the finals series, Durant was.. Lebron stan talk about how great his defense but forgot to look how easily Durant scored and outplayed him the entire series.. It sad that OKC lost, Durant deserved the FMVP not Lebron.. Thanks to Miller, Wade, Battier, Bosh that Lebron got his FMVP..
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr2ep64zL51qdwi8eo1_500.gif

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 06:12 AM
I was referring to the post-season where he played all the games and defended Howard pretty well in the Finals. He did nothing against Yao Ming though.

Anyways, LeBron's defense is dangerous due to his ability to switch against any defender.

It makes teams a living nightmare to use the pick and rolls against because LeBron will just switch on whoever in the pick. He can't guard certain players for an entire game such as Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, etc. but he can switch on them and guard them and deny them the ball for a few possessions and on switches which is why the Heat's pick and roll defense is as great as it is. His versatility is just a complete nightmare for opposing offenses.

That is 2010, not 2009.

bynum was still injured in 09. he was injured every god damn year.

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 06:24 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr2ep64zL51qdwi8eo1_500.gif
Finals Stats
Durant 31ppg 55%fg 40%3ptfg 84%ft, 6rpg, 2.2apg, 1.4spg, 1bpg, 3.8TO

Lebron 28.6ppg 47%fg 18%3ptfg 83%ft, 10rpg, 7apg, 1.6spg, .4bpg, 4TO

Durant dominated and totally outplayed Lebron.. u mad?

TheeBeast
07-02-2012, 06:28 AM
:lol

CardiacKemba
07-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Finals Stats

Wow, did you watch the Finals? If so, then you honestly can't say that with a straight face.

:facepalm

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Wow, did you watch the Finals? If so, then you honestly can't say that with a straight face.

:facepalm
yup I watched the game.. Lebron has a good finals run but it become overrated when compared to Kobe.. Kobe 2009 is one of the best easily top ten, Lebron 2012 not..

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Finals Stats

Is that a joke? Durant hit have success against Lebron at times. But are we going to forget how bad Lebron destroyed him when they were matched up? Or how Durant was riding Westbrook towards the end of the series? Durant played awful defense, had poor rebounding games, and flat out was a non-factor in some big moments.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 07:43 AM
yup I watched the game.. Lebron has a good finals run but it become overrated when compared to Kobe.. Kobe 2009 is one of the best easily top ten, Lebron 2012 not..

Some of the people picking Kobe, are just making awful arguements. :facepalm

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Is that a joke? Durant hit have success against Lebron at times. But are we going to forget how bad Lebron destroyed him when they were matched up? Or how Durant was riding Westbrook towards the end of the series? Durant played awful defense, had poor rebounding games, and flat out was a non-factor in some big moments.
Wrong, Durant force Lebron to shoot just 47% from the field the entire series while his other PO series he shoot over 50+% thats a pretty good defense if not elite and Lebron overrated defense was finally exposed by Durant by shooting 55% in his face.. Westbrook didnt carry Durant, it is Durant who carry Westbrook.. Westbrook was almost a non factor in the finals except his 40+ points game.. Durant easily the best player in the series and not even close..

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Wrong, Durant force Lebron to shoot just 47% from the field the entire series while his other PO series he shoot over 50+% thats a pretty good defense if not elite and Lebron overrated defense was finally exposed by Durant by shooting 55% in his face.. Westbrook didnt carry Durant, it is Durant who carry Westbrook.. Westbrook was almost a non factor in the finals except his 40+ points game.. Durant easily the best player in the series and not even close..

You do realize that Durant wasn't the only defender on Lebron, right? Everytime Durant guarded Lebron he either 1)picked up a foul or 2) Lebron would drive right past him. Durant, Sefolosha, and Harden all took turns guarding him. With only Thabo having any kind of success, and thats generous. Also, Durant didn't carry shit after game 2. Miami was more focused on stopping Westbrook. Russell is the engine of that team. Durant just stood behind the 3pt line and did nothing when the ball wasn't in his hands. He was a relative non-factor for long stretches. And anyone that actually watched that series would tell you Durant was anything but dominant. He only effects the game with scoring. Lebron rebounds, defends, etc. He did much more for his team than Durant.

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 08:43 AM
You do realize that Durant wasn't the only defender on Lebron, right? Everytime Durant guarded Lebron he either 1)picked up a foul or 2) Lebron would drive right past him. Durant, Sefolosha, and Harden all took turns guarding him. With only Thabo having any kind of success, and thats generous. Also, Durant didn't carry shit after game 2. Miami was more focused on stopping Westbrook. Russell is the engine of that team. Durant just stood behind the 3pt line and did nothing when the ball wasn't in his hands. He was a relative non-factor for long stretches. And anyone that actually watched that series would tell you Durant was anything but dominant. He only effects the game with scoring. Lebron rebounds, defends, etc. He did much more for his team than Durant.
Lebron just stats pad he didn't dominate anything.. Look how he get his triple double, he purposely miss 2 shot and grab 2 rebound to get triple double.. With that kind of front court it is easily to get double figures in rebound and almost every Miami heat shooters cant miss a 3 that's why Lebron assisted more.. But efficiency Durant destroyed him cause defense affect efficiency and you know they guarded each other and it shows that Durant wins in this category.. Offense and defense Durant wins by a wide margin..

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Lebron just stats pad he didn't dominate anything.. Look how he get his triple double, he purposely miss 2 shot and grab 2 rebound to get triple double.. With that kind of front court it is easily to get double figures in rebound and almost every Miami heat shooters cant miss a 3 that's why Lebron assisted more.. But efficiency Durant destroyed him cause defense affect efficiency and you know they guarded each other and it shows that Durant wins in this category.. Offense and defense Durant wins by a wide margin..

I have already spent way too much time arguing with a troll. Congrats, you got me to take the bait and actually try to debate with you :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 08:59 AM
I just want to know what everyone had for breakfast this morning.

Cinnamon muffin :bowdown:

TOUCH MY BODY
07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Cinnamon muffin :bowdown:

Awesome. Not exactly healthy, but I like your style.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Awesome. Not exactly healthy, but I like your style.

Agreed. Usually roll with an apples or cereal (Raisn Bran Crunch FTW) if I have the time, but it was last one :oldlol:

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I have already spent way too much time arguing with a troll. Congrats, you got me to take the bait and actually try to debate with you :oldlol:
It is funny how someone can call someone a troll after this random someone destroyed them in arguments.. :lol

Lebron23
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Bladers

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Bladers

Go away

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Stop talking to your alter ego. We all know that you and I luv Kobe are the same person. STFU Loser!!!

You have almost 40,000 posts on an internet message board. Your permission to call anyone a "loser" was revoked a long time ago

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
2 lebron fans going at it.. wow.. this might be epic :applause:

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Kobe run all day. The team kicked a$$ that year and faced better comp. LeDiva lucked out with key injuries to Howard and Rose.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
One of the worst comebacks in this forum. You are way past your prime bro. Please wash your mouth with a soap before you posts in this forum.

Becuase your comeback of "STFU Loser" was just amazing, right? :applause: Do they even have soap in that piss-poor country you call home? :oldlol: How do you even have an internet connection living in a mud house :oldlol:

Lebron23
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Thunder destroyed the Lakers in the 2nd round while the Heat beat the Thunder in 5 games. LeBron had better all around and more efficient numbers than Kobe.

Becuase your comeback of "STFU Loser" was just amazing, right? :applause: Do they even have soap in that piss-poor country you call home? :oldlol: How do you even have an internet connection living in a mud house :oldlol:

Me >>> You.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/backpain-1277406949.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Kobe run all day. The team kicked a$$ that year and faced better comp. LeDiva lucked out with key injuries to Howard and Rose.

09 Lakers played:

8th seed Jazz
Rockets without Yao and Tmac
Nuggets team that would have lost to the Celtics

:applause:

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Thunder destroyed the Lakers in the 2nd round while the Heat beat the Thunder in 5 games. LeBron had better all around and more efficient numbers than Kob1tch.

I have more money than you. I have my own house at age 25. while you are a 30 yrs.old bum living in your parents basement. I will buy you on e-bay right now

Me >>> You.

You must have hit your head hard on that mudhouse floor when your mother shit you out

Lebron23
07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
09 Lakers played:

8th seed Jazz
Rockets without Yao and Tmac
Nuggets team that would have lost to the Celtics

I don't like you, Big I agree with your post.

You must have hit your head hard on that mudhouse floor when your mother shit you out

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

I LUV KOBE
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
2 lebron fans going at it.. wow.. this might be epic :applause:
They're just both bandwagon heat fans, not really a basketball fan.. They're both like to suck Lebron's dick thats why they're fighting who's really deserve his dick..

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
They're just both bandwagon heat fans, not really a basketball fan.. They're both like to suck Lebron's dick thats why they're fighting who's really deserve his dick..

I bet you got hard typing that sentence, f.aggot

Lebron23
07-02-2012, 10:20 AM

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/6/6/5/8/2/9/Troll-Spray-14559096829.jpeg

Anaximandro1
07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
LeBron