PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: "I'll only resign with one team."

DStebb716
07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard--i-ll-only-re-sign-with-one-team.html

Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports he will not re-sign with a team outside his preferred list that trades for him, and emphatically denied that he ever used the term "blackmail" to describe how Magic officials convinced him to waive his early termination option.

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets.

Howard also denied an ESPN report that he had told people Orlando Magic officials had “blackmailed” him into forgoing the early termination option on his contract that ultimately cost him his free agency this summer.

"I never used the word blackmail in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard said. “I never said that. It’s defamatory and it’s inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate."

[Related: Magic entertaining trade offers for Dwight Howard]

Howard met with new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday in Los Angeles, and said he told Hennigan of his desire to be traded. However, Howard insisted he was merely repeating a position he had made clear to Magic officials since waiving his ETO in March.

"This was not the first time [that I asked for trade]," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former general manager] Otis [Smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded – months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before Stan [Van Gundy] got fired."

Howard is rehabilitating from back surgery, and wouldn’t speculate on whether he could be prepared to return for the start of the regular season. Howard had a herniated disk repaired, and sizable fragments of bone removed on April 20. Before the diagnosis that Howard would require season-ending surgery late in the Magic's regular season, Howard had heard the suggestions inside and outside the organization that perhaps he wasn’t truly injured, that maybe he had bailed on his team.

"I’ve never faked anything," Howard told Yahoo! Sports. "I’d never fake a back injury to not play for my team. I played a lot of games in a lot of pain, and there were times that I was crying in the locker room afterward because I was so seriously hurt. But I kept fighting. I’ve played with a cracked sternum in the past, and played with a lot of different [injuries].

"This time, I couldn't play. Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you’re Superman,' I'm a man. I bleed. And I have bones, too. And something happened that I couldn’t control.

"It really upset me that anyone would say that I was doing something out of spite for my team or my city. I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

Howard discussed something else that had become synonymous with his season, and that was the bizarre April 5 shootaround in Orlando when his former coach, Stan Van Gundy, told reporters that Orlando management had informed him that Howard had requested his firing. The video of Howard walking into a scrum of reporters, unaware of what Van Gundy had said, went viral. Ultimately, it became a flashpoint of criticism toward Howard.

When asked if he felt set up, Howard told Yahoo! Sports: “I did. I had no clue about what had happened, about what he had said. I wanted to clear it up that this was not what was happening behind closed doors, and I stepped into something that I didn’t know how to handle. It hurts me to this day, thinking about how people were saying these things about me, calling me, "a coach killer," and all this crazy stuff. It upset me, it hurt a lot."

DuMa
07-02-2012, 12:46 AM
finally he speaks

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 12:48 AM
:violin:

reppy
07-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Way to totally screw over your current team by diminishing their ability to play the market.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 12:52 AM
10 times worse than Lebron. ****ing dickhead.

RazorBaLade
cry

Xiao Yao You
Way to totally screw over your current team by diminishing their ability to play the market.

Hey come on he has the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. :roll:

PJR
07-02-2012, 12:53 AM
This is ten times worse than The Decision.

CelticBaller
07-02-2012, 12:53 AM
:applause:

PJR
07-02-2012, 12:54 AM
But nobody cares that much about Dwight so he still won't get LeBron like backlash.

ZeN
07-02-2012, 12:55 AM
A player having to look out for his own interest is one thing.. But the way Howard's handling things.. Just makes him out to be a real a**hole.

BlackVVaves
07-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Cry me a river.

TMT
07-02-2012, 12:58 AM
This Dwight drama is starting to overshadow Lebron and Melo's combined. :facepalm

Obviously the message he wanted to get across was, "Unless you are Brooklyn don't trade for me or you will waste a year of my time and yours because I will not re-sign with you."

Just trade him to Brooklyn already. My God.

ElPigto
07-02-2012, 01:00 AM
"It really upset me that anyone would say that I was doing something out of spite for my team or my city. I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

He has absolutely no respect for the city of Orlando. The fact that he can not be a professional and simply play out his contract means that does not have respect for the city. The fact that he makes trade demands and then gives the Magic an ultimatum and lets the world know he will only sign with one team, definitely makes him look like a jackass. It seems like this guy does not understand that by doing this he is killing his trade value. The Magic really have no leverage because hardly any team is willing to give up significant pieces to trade for this guy. The only team he wants to be traded to does not have good enough pieces to compensate the Magic properly.

It really is unfair to his fans and to the city to pretend that he actually cares about the organization. He doesn't give two-shits about Orlando. It is fine with me if he doesn't care about Orlando, but don't be such a jackass and kill your trade value. That franchise has absolutely no other valuable piece and the only way they can get something significant back is if they trade him; but unfortunately he specifies he is not willing to sign with anyone else to scare off any potential serious suitors.

The Rockets are desperate enough to make a deal, but I am sure the Magic could get better offers had Howard not declared to the world that he will only sign with one team. What a jackass.

[QUOTE=DStebb716]When asked if he felt set up, Howard told Yahoo! Sports:

d.bball.guy
07-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Whatta a diva, SMH :facepalm

strike first
07-02-2012, 01:01 AM
This guy is being a major ****.. brons decision was one thing but howard is being a total diva.

Xiao Yao You
This Dwight drama is starting to overshadow Lebron and Melo's combined. :facepalm

Obviously the message he wanted to get across was, "Unless you are Brooklyn don't trade for me or you will waste a year of my time and yours because I will not re-sign with you."

Just trade him to Brooklyn already. My God.

He might have to retire or play for the mid level exception if the Joe Johnson deal goes down.

DuMa
i really wonder what prokorov is offering him under the table. :D

Richesly
07-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Zaza for Howard! Get it done Ferry!

brantonli
I think he mistakenly thinks that for some reason, whatever promises Smith made still holds for the new GM. Obviously Smith had promised to trade him to the Nets, or else Dwight wouldn't have signed the opt-in clause, but he forgot that GMs can change, and the new one would never promise to do the same. So all Dwight is left with is speaking to the media and making it absolutely clear he'll only sign with 'one team' aka the Nets.

outbreak
The question still remains why the hell did this jack ass waive his opt out clause? If he said a long time ago he still wants a trade why waive your opt out clause? Brooklyn have no assets to trade for yet you will only play for them? Dwights going to have to get used to stadiums booing him once he is finally traded.
I hope Nets do get Joe Johnson and have no room for Dwight so he can sulk at some other club.

Hedo15
07-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Put him on the Inactive list for the season then let him walk

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 01:04 AM

Agree! Banish him from team Starbury style.

Richesly
07-02-2012, 01:05 AM

Magic seemed much more stable with Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter.

What happened?

IGOTGAME
07-02-2012, 01:05 AM
A player having to look out for his own interest is one thing.. But the way Howard's handling things.. Just makes him out to be a real a**hole.
Guy seems to be a selfish asshole.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:06 AM
The question still remains why the hell did this jack ass waive his opt out clause? If he said a long time ago he still wants a trade why waive your opt out clause? Brooklyn have no assets to trade for yet you will only play for them? Dwights going to have to get used to stadiums booing him once he is finally traded.

That's ok if God's on his side.

I hope Nets do get Joe Johnson and have no room for Dwight so he can sulk at some other club.

Yep!

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:06 AM

Play the market? Why should he give up his free agency so the Magic for the benefit of the Magic? He's played up to his contract, and earned his free agency. He shouldn't be forced to go somewhere he doesn't want to.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2012, 01:07 AM
He has absolutely no respect for the city of Orlando. The fact that he can not be a professional and simply play out his contract means that does not have respect for the city. The fact that he makes trade demands and then gives the Magic an ultimatum and lets the world know he will only sign with one team, definitely makes him look like a jackass. It seems like this guy does not understand that by doing this he is killing his trade value. The Magic really have no leverage because hardly any team is willing to give up significant pieces to trade for this guy. The only team he wants to be traded to does not have good enough pieces to compensate the Magic properly.

It really is unfair to his fans and to the city to pretend that he actually cares about the organization. He doesn't give two-shits about Orlando. It is fine with me if he doesn't care about Orlando, but don't be such a jackass and kill your trade value. That franchise has absolutely no other valuable piece and the only way they can get something significant back is if they trade him; but unfortunately he specifies he is not willing to sign with anyone else to scare off any potential serious suitors.

The Rockets are desperate enough to make a deal, but I am sure the Magic could get better offers had Howard not declared to the world that he will only sign with one team. What a jackass.

Such a baby. How the hell does he think he was set-up? Does he really think SVG planned this accordingly so his dumbass would walk in at the exact moment to make himself look like a fool?! What an idiot. Dwight Howard is a bigger idiot than what I thought.

I don't have anything against superstars wanting to go to specific teams. Hell, its their job and I'm sure like many of us working, we'd like to go to specific places as well. My problem with this is that these guys are under contract and they should definitely give their franchise the benefit of getting all they can for said player.

Lebron is another perfect example. He did the decision bullshit and made Cleveland look like a bunch of idiots. If he was plotting to leave Cleveland all along, why not just say so and stop beating around the bush.

These guys have absolutely no balls and I am disgusted that we have people like them in this league. I respect their game because I love the game of basketball, but I have no respect for them from a business standpoint. The way they do business is very shady and they are setting their franchises back by acting like babies.

I dont think LeBron knew he wanted to leave until very close to The Decision. Dwight is just being unreal right now. How anyone can not dislike him is amazing. I don't care how emotionally conflicted he is he's being a spoiled child. If he knew he wanted Brooklyn (he did) he should have allowed them to trade him to LA and just not picked up his option.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:07 AM

Because the team forced him to, or else they were going to send him to the Lakers. I thought that was obvious by now. :confusedshrug:

outbreak
07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Play the market? Why should he give up his free agency so the Magic for the benefit of the Magic? He's played up to his contract, and earned his free agency. He shouldn't be forced to go somewhere he doesn't want to.

Because he already waived his opt out clause. It's one thing to ask for a trade like Melo and stick to it, it's another thing to opt in and then want a trade again afew months later. Just becomes a shambles even if the club is trying to move you.

Richesly
Where is LelBron when you need him?

blacknapalm
this was pretty well known.

man, his teammates must be unbelievable baffled and disappointed right now

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:10 AM

Nets won't have the money for him if he plays out his deal. We'll see how much he wants to play in Brooklyn for the mini MLE next year.

outbreak
07-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Because the team forced him to, or else they were going to send him to the Lakers. I thought that was obvious by now. :confusedshrug:

Your point? If he still wanted to be a free agent why wouldn't he just goto the lakers then be a free agent after the season? If the lakers demand he signs a new contract before they make a deal he can always refuse that and orlando would have to look for another partner. You don't opt in then whinge and complain and demand trades right away because you now have to wait another year for free agency. He had a chance at free agency and he chose to give it up. Be a man, play out the year then get your god damn free agency.

bleedinpurpleTwo
If he is only willing to sign a deal with Brooklyn, then I REALLY HOPE that Houston finds a way to trade for him. That would teach him a lesson. Thereafter, he is free to go to Brooklyn.

DTreats
I guess the Lakers don't even have to send Bynum now, seeing as the Lakers are the only team Dwight wants. Gasol for Dwight, and then Bynum, World Peace to the Knicks for Lin, Melo and Novak.

Lin | Blake
Bryant | Goudelock
Anthony | Novak
McRoberts | Bass
Howard | Hill

outbreak
07-02-2012, 01:12 AM
If he is only willing to sign a deal with Brooklyn, then I REALLY HOPE that Houston finds a way to trade for him. That would teach him a lesson. Thereafter, he is free to go to Brooklyn.

Nets will have moved on by then, this is why he's acting crazy now.

bladefd
07-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I dont think LeBron knew he wanted to leave until very close to The Decision. Dwight is just being unreal right now. How anyone can not dislike him is amazing. I don't care how emotionally conflicted he is he's being a spoiled child. If he knew he wanted Brooklyn (he did) he should have allowed them to trade him to LA and just not picked up his option.

LA would never trade for Dwight if they didn't have him signing an extension BEFORE the trade became official.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Because he already waived his opt out clause. It's one thing to ask for a trade like Melo and stick to it, it's another thing to opt in and then want a trade again afew months later. Just becomes a shambles even if the club is trying to move you.

He only opted in so that he wouldn't get traded to the Lakers.

He does not want to be Shaq 2.0, and will never wear a Laker jersey.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Agree! Banish him from team Starbury style.

I agree and I wish Devos has the ball to do it...

Son of a b!tch...I want him to stay away from the lakers... Forget Bynum I am not even trading pau for this chump

TMT
He might have to retire or play for the mid level exception if the Joe Johnson deal goes down.

Makes no sense. They won't even come close to dealing for JJ if they know they are Dwight's only desired destination. :confusedshrug: This would have to be a situation where they know the door is 100% closed on landing Dwight.

Hedo15
07-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Makes no sense. They won't even come close to dealing for JJ if they know they are Dwight's only desired destination. :confusedshrug: This would have to be a situation where they know the door is 100% closed on landing Dwight.

is it possible they are trying to get JJ to pass on to Orlando with Lopez. They get Dwight and Hedo back?? Just a thought

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:20 AM

Not if it means losing Deron in the process. The Joe Johnson deal is to intice Deron into staying. Deron doesn't want to wait til next summer and endure another shitty year with scrubs.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Nets won't have the money for him if he plays out his deal. We'll see how much he wants to play in Brooklyn for the mini MLE next year.

Why not? They only have $17 million on the books so far next year, and $4 million for 2014. If they know Dwight is on his way for 2014, they'll leave space open for his contract.

therammingman
07-02-2012, 01:24 AM
go away dwight u sack of shit

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Why not? They only have $17 million on the books so far next year, and $4 million for 2014. If they know Dwight is on his way for 2014, they'll leave space open for his contract.

They just signed Wallace to a 4yr deal and Johnson deal is for years...

Punpun
07-02-2012, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE]"I

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:26 AM
They just signed Wallace to a 4yr deal and Johnson deal is for years...

They are still far away from the cap.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Anyone hating him after that is a guy more interested in all the gossip rather than actual basketball.

ya he was sitting in the locker room and crying from pain after playing while injured

hard to believe. to me anyways

Meticode
07-02-2012, 01:28 AM
What Dwight Howard is doing totally overshadows how LeBron left Cleveland. This is ridiculous.

When he showed signs of pulling these stunts they should've just went ahead and got it over with and got the most value for him. Having him opt-out was a huge waste of time for everyone. Having those fans chase some Dwight Howard coat-tails in hopes of keeping him in Orlando is a unreachable dream at this point.

First Shaq leaving, then the Penny injuries, then getting McGrady+Hill, but Hill always being injured and the Magic never really living up to their potential with a prime McGrady there and now Dwight Howard? Unfortunate to say the least.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:29 AM

And Deron will be in Dallas with Dirk. They do have that option. The bad backed douche bag or the superstar pg.

Punpun
07-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Yeah Meticode, let's act like Dwight Howard didn't do more for the Magic than Shaq, McGrady and Hill combined. ****ing gossipers.

Troutfisch
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Can't believe Houston or LA would even entertain "renting" Dwight after hearing his latest selfish statements.

I personally don't want to see him on the Rockets even if we're doomed to fail another season. He'll just jump ship in 2013 and we won't have anything to show for it.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Can't believe Houston or LA would even entertain "renting" Dwight after hearing his latest selfish statements.

I personally don't want to see him on the Rockets even if we're doomed to fail another season. He'll just jump ship in 2013 and we won't have anything to show for it.

You'd have the cap space. Possible TPE/picks/etc. from a sign and trade next year. If they can trade Martin/Scola/Lowry guys they want to trade anyway why not?

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:35 AM
And Deron will be in Dallas with Dirk. They do have that option. The bad backed douche bag or the superstar pg.

Chris Paul hasn't resigned with the Clippers yet. They can make a run at him if Deron leaves.

Mr Know It All
07-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Yeah Meticode, let's act like Dwight Howard didn't do more for the Magic than Shaq, McGrady and Hill combined. ****ing gossipers.

What are you going on about? Get Dwight's balls out of your mouth and realize what is going on. This guy flip flopped numerous times and has hurt his organization severely with his strange and nonsensical actions. Not out of maliciousness on his part, but pure stupidity, which is arguably even worse.

Whatever Dwight did for Orlando he is doing his very best to erase that with these actions leading up to his departure. He has no class and he is a moron.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 01:38 AM
What are you going on about? Get Dwight's balls out of your mouth and realize what is going on. This guy flip flopped numerous times and has hurt his organization severely with his strange and nonsensical actions. Not out of maliciousness on his part, but pure stupidity, which is arguably even worse.

Whatever Dwight did for Orlando he is doing his very best to erase that with these actions leading up to his departure. He has no class and he is a moron.

:bowdown: :applause:

Punpun
07-02-2012, 01:38 AM
So what ? Do you prefer gossips or basketball ? Sure seems like Gossip is what you are after. To each his own.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:39 AM

He hasn't flipped. He told them numerous times that he wants to play in Brooklyn. The team is the one that is flip flopping, and indecisive on what they want to do.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Chris Paul hasn't resigned with the Clippers yet. They can make a run at him if Deron leaves.

Chris Paul will retire a Clipper. New Yorkers need to stop dreaming and let this shit go.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Chris Paul will retire a Clipper. New Yorkers need to stop dreaming and let this shit go.

Until the ink has dried with his signature, nothing is guaranteed.

Show me where he has stated that he will 100% sign with the Clippers.

Derka
07-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Okay well, I'm gonna sit here and eat crow for even bothering to think that the media might be playing the story up a bit with regards to this clown. I was pretty clearly wrong. F*ck you, Dwight. Enjoy your free agency and I sincerely hope even the vague premature whispers of my Celtics being interested in you wearing our uniform in 2013 go away quickly.

How you can say one hand how much you respect the organization that made you a star and then completely kneecap their attempts to trade you by saying you'll only sign with one team...a team with absolutely no pieces worth a f*ck outside of their point guard? Makes no sense.

I feel sorry for the team that lands this cancerous douche. I mean, props to the dude for playing through pain at points in his career...but seriously, this is now worse than the Decision drama.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:45 AM

They can but do they want to suck for another year while waiting for Dwight and his surgically repaired back when you could become a 2nd tier team in the east this year with Deron and Joe Johnson?

Punpun
07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
A cancerous guy that brought a shitty team to the finals. Anyways, any team that will land Dwight will be happy and fans will soon forget about that once the wins begin to come.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:49 AM
They can but do they want to suck for another year while waiting for Dwight and his surgically repaired back when you could become a 2nd tier team in the east this year with Deron and Joe Johnson?

No they don't. They want Orlando to just accept that Dwight doesn't want to play with the Magic anymore, and take their offer once they realize that it's inevitable he will be a Net.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Until the ink has dried with his signature, nothing is guaranteed.

Show me where he has stated that he will 100% sign with the Clippers.

He's bought an 8 million dollar home, been the team's biggest recruiter and has made an effort to get to know his teammates on all levels. Not to mention the guy already said Clippers were a top 3 choice, so not like this wasn't a place he wanted to be. He's got crazy hype and attention in LA too.

Just doesn't seem like a guy on the way out. In his first year with the team he got as far as he's ever gotten in the playoffs, which is the 2nd round. Nothing to worry about for Clippers fans.

ElPigto
07-02-2012, 01:52 AM
He's bought an 8 million dollar home, been the team's biggest recruiter and has made an effort to get to know his teammates on all levels. Not to mention the guy already said Clippers were a top 3 choice, so not like this wasn't a place he wanted to be. He's got crazy hype and attention in LA too.

Just doesn't seem like a guy on the way out. In his first year with the team he got as far as he's ever gotten in the playoffs, which is the 2nd round. Nothing to worry about for Clippers fans.

That's not good enough and definitely no guarantee. It is highly likely he ends up with the Clips, but definitely no guarantee.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:53 AM
No they don't. They want Orlando to just accept that Dwight doesn't want to play with the Magic anymore, and take their offer once they realize that it's inevitable he will be a Net.

But they only have a few days for this to happen. Deron isn't waiting. He wants to get it done and go play for the USA.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 01:54 AM

Paul wants to win. None of that matters if he sees a better chance of winning elsewhere next summer.

TOUCH MY BODY
07-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Howard is a ****ing clown :facepalm

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:56 AM

Buying a house in LA, and saying the Clips are top 3 is not even close to a guarantee.

I'd say it's over 80% chance he does resign, but don't be surprised if he leaves.

There's even a chance he may still end up with the Knicks.

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2012/07/01/chris-paul-does-cp3-still-have-a-future-in-new-york/

:lol U mad?

LakersReign
07-02-2012, 01:59 AM
If he wants to go to Brooklyn so bad, then if I were Magic F.O., I'd let him go. Melo made such a huge deal to go to New York, and ended up looking stupid. Looks like Dwight will follow in his footsteps.

Punpun
07-02-2012, 02:00 AM
If he wants to go to Brooklyn so bad, then if I were Magic F.O., I'd let him go. Melo made such a huge deal to go to New York, and ended up looking stupid. Looks like Dwight will follow in his footsteps.

Dude ended up being kicked out of the first round in the West to being kicked out of the first round in the East. Not much of a change.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 02:02 AM

Orlando's owner is old, wants to keep him, and can't accept that he wants to leave. That's the real reason he is still there.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Buying a house in LA, and saying the Clips are top 3 is not even close to a guarantee.

I'd say it's over 80% chance he does resign, but don't be surprised if he leaves.

There's even a chance he may still end up with the Knicks.

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2012/07/01/chris-paul-does-cp3-still-have-a-future-in-new-york/

:lol U mad?

If your doctor told you that you had an 80 percent chance to survive an operation you'd feel pretty damn good about it right? Same deal. Basically you're all admitting it's very unlikely he leaves, so why even mention the extremely small chance? I've watched how much dedication he's put into recruiting, including teammates in things etc to know dude is staying. I have zero worry in my mind.

G-Funk
07-02-2012, 02:09 AM
How many ppl want him to end up in Brooklyn(outside of Net fans), I hope Net's move on and are not able to acquire him in a year.

SevereUpInHere
07-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Are Orlando better off just letting this clown expire at the end of the season, or taking whatever crappy deal that Brooklyn offers based around Brooke fkn Lopez and maybe Humphries...

Velocirap31
07-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Dwight is quickly becoming very unpopular.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 02:16 AM
If your doctor told you that you had an 80 percent chance to survive an operation you'd feel pretty damn good about it right? Same deal. Basically you're all admitting it's very unlikely he leaves, so why even mention the extremely small chance? I've watched how much dedication he's put into recruiting, including teammates in things etc to know dude is staying. I have zero worry in my mind.

I never said that Paul is leaving. I just said there was a chance.

YAWN
07-02-2012, 02:18 AM
What a ****ing moron. Hope Orlando keeps him and makes him ride the bench for the entire season. waste a year of this ****ers prime.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 02:18 AM
I never said that Paul is leaving. I just said there was a chance.

Forgive me for taking it for more... last two days Knicks fans seem to think CP3 is on his way because of a faulty report. Melo himself said two weeks ago he thinks CP3 will stay and is very happy.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Forgive me for taking it for more... last two days Knicks fans seem to think CP3 is on his way because of a faulty report. Melo himself said two weeks ago he thinks CP3 will stay and is very happy.

I doubt Paul ends up with the Knicks, but he and Carmelo are very good friends. It's no secret that they have always wanted to join up together in NY. Ever since the toast at Melo's wedding. The only way it could really happen is if the Knicks moved Amare, or if the Knicks and Clippers did some sort of trade next year with Lin and Paul.

Tenchi Ryu
07-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Ship dwights ass to the ****ing D league

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 02:26 AM
I doubt Paul ends up with the Knicks, but he and Carmelo are very good friends. It's no secret that they have always wanted to join up together in NY. Ever since the toast at Melo's wedding. The only way it could really happen is if the Knicks moved Amare, or if the Knicks and Clippers did some sort of trade next year with Lin and Paul.

How do you know Melo won't demand a trade to the Clippers :confusedshrug: . He did just spend a week with the Clippers team+CP3 training at the Clippers facility.

G-Funk
07-02-2012, 02:27 AM
@JonesOnTheNBA: Nets gonna be capped out and and you're telling me he's going to shun THE LAKERS and full birds rights to go somewhere else? Riiigghhht

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 02:27 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22833563.jpg

I<3NBA
07-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Orlando mishandled Dwight right from the very start. they knew Dwight only wanted Brooklyn and if they had dealt him right from the start, they would've gotten the best package the Nets could've offered. instead, they hemmed and hawed, and now the Nets have traded their pick for Gerald Wallace, and are dismantling their entire package for Dwight Howard, readying to trade with other teams and forgetting Dwight.

this is a lesson for all teams, when your star says he wants to be traded, you go on and jump at the very first good package that comes your way.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 02:30 AM
How do you know Melo won't demand a trade to the Clippers :confusedshrug: . He did just spend a week with the Clippers team+CP3 training at the Clippers facility.

NY would really have to turn on him for that to happen. He is from NY. His wife is from NY.

PickernRoller
07-02-2012, 02:31 AM
This shit just needs to end. I don't know what Dwight really wants out of this position. He can't put Magic in a position of, either "trade me to Brooklyn" or "I walk as a free agent". You come off with that tone and the Magic will do what is "best for the organization", just as Dwight wants to do "what's best for him". If Brooklyn can't offer the best package for him then the Magic can trade him to the best offer available which might not be of Dwight's liking. The only reason he's screwing the Magic with his comment besides putting them in this position is that teams wary of Dwight's word might not be interested in acquiring him if they can't make him sign a long-term deal.

So, Dwight basically putting himself in this position is really a "blackmail" on his part. All of course according to the comments "quoted" which might have been out of context.

Best package still standing is Bynum for Dwight.....the more pressure to deal him out quick and the more comments from Dwight wanting the Nets and only the Nets the more this trade seems likely. Nets really got nothing worth a penny, their record in a weak East shows so and the only way they might entertain the Magic is in a 3-4 team deal which is veryyyyyy unlikely.

R.I.P.
07-02-2012, 02:32 AM
BLACKMAIL!

What

All Net
07-02-2012, 02:32 AM
10 times worse than Lebron. ****ing dickhead.

Agreed

R.I.P.
07-02-2012, 02:36 AM
I love how he says if they don

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I love how he says if they don

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 02:39 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22833922.jpg

LakersReign
07-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Dude ended up being kicked out of the first round in the West to being kicked out of the first round in the East. Not much of a change.

Not to mention the Knicks won't be a title team anytime soon. At least Denver had enough players to make something work. Like I said before, he made a huge deal to go to NY, and pretty much looks real stupid now. Dwight seems to be following Melo's lead.

Tenchi Ryu
07-02-2012, 02:48 AM
If I was a Laker fan, I wouldn't even want this mofo on my team, especially knowing he pretty much openly plans on bailing on your ass.

PickernRoller
07-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Not to mention the Knicks won't be a title team anytime soon. At least Denver had enough players to make something work. Like I said before, he made a huge deal to go to NY, and pretty much looks real stupid now. Dwight seems to be following Melo's lead.

Melo got what he wanted....:roll: :roll: :roll: I like the guy and I wish him success but he made one of the dumbest decisions ever...at least it didn't pan out the way he wanted to pan out....

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 02:50 AM
at least melo made his intentions clear early so denver could look for the best possible package. melo didn't go at it from a 100% selfish perspective. ya, dwight doesn't have an obligation to do that but he doesn't have to blackball orlando either. he doesn't have to say one thing to the public and an entirely different thing in private.

this orlando team is potentially going to be a shell of itself. ya, a lot of that falls on management of course, but it could end up going like this: coach gone, jameer gone, ryan anderson gone, dwight gone for a crappy package or just left to walk.

it's getting more clear that he's panicking that NJ is going to make plans without him. if NJ trade for JJ and deron stays along, how does dwight fit with his $17 million?

Kobe 4 The Win
07-02-2012, 02:51 AM
If I was a Laker fan, I wouldn't even want this mofo on my team, especially knowing he pretty much openly plans on bailing on your ass.

I don't want this asswipe. He'll just f**k us over like he did Orlando. I don't even know when he'll be healthy. I don't care how good he is.

Doranku
There's not a bigger f@ggot in the league than this clown. Going to be downright shameful rooting for this b!tch if he ends up in LA... :facepalm

DirtySanchez
What a douche....

His attitude is unbelievable. Totally just screwing Orlando.
I think this is just as bad as LeBrons move in some ways worst. So the Nets can now offer the Magic a burger with fries for Howard and have leverage.

I just don't get why Brooklyn? Does he have a hard on for Jay Z??? I don't want this guy on my team anymore.

LakersReign
07-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Melo got what he wanted....:roll: :roll: :roll: I like the guy and I wish him success but he made one of the dumbest decisions ever...at least it didn't pan out the way he wanted to pan out....

It sure as hell didn't. I have nothing against him or Dwight either. Just seems to me like everybody now wants to try and copy Lebron, causing a whole bunch of unnecessary drama for no real reason. F.A.'s pick new teams all the time. Why is it now, we have to have all this drama? Melo got what he wanted and look at what happened, Dwight's the next one.

G-Funk
07-02-2012, 02:56 AM
I honestly don't care where he lands, as long as is not Brooklyn..ppl like him don't deserve to get what they want.

takai
07-02-2012, 02:57 AM
:facepalm @Dwight

I<3NBA
07-02-2012, 02:59 AM
I just don't get why Brooklyn? Does he have a hard on for Jay Z???
Brooklyn is a big city, and the Nets have money to throw around. even if Deron leaves, Dwight will still be enough to attract a lot of free agents there.

R.I.P.
What a douche....

His attitude is unbelievable. Totally just screwing Orlando.
I think this is just as bad as LeBrons move in some ways worst. So the Nets can now offer the Magic a burger with fries for Howard and have leverage.

I just don't get why Brooklyn? Does he have a hard on for Jay Z??? I don't want this guy on my team anymore.

$200m contract from Adidas in Brooklyn. NJ has only one problem imho, that Deron Williams doesn

Derka
It sure as hell didn't. I have nothing against him or Dwight either. Just seems to me like everybody now wants to try and copy Lebron, causing a whole bunch of unnecessary drama for no real reason. F.A.'s pick new teams all the time. Why is it now, we have to have all this drama? Melo got what he wanted and look at what happened, Dwight's the next one.

We have all this drama because tons of supposed basketball fans out there crave this shit. Lebron's free agency was bigger than just the sports media...The Decision got coverage on networks AND cable news shows outside of sports. Reporters got hip to the fact that you could take something like the free agency of a big-name player and build it into a huge story with untold dramatic unfoldings and whatnot. All this drama exists because its being fed to a willing public by a media that craves consumption.

jbot
07-02-2012, 03:00 AM
wow, i really used to like this kid but he become somewhat of a weasel.

GoRapz
07-02-2012, 03:01 AM
please trade him to the bobcats

talkingconch
07-02-2012, 03:01 AM
This guy is holding up Deron, JJ, Nets from making moves, Lakers, Houston

If Deron goes to the Mavs, what then?

I say the Lakers make a move for Deron first, or somehow talk to both guys to see if theres a way we can still get Howard

R.I.P.
07-02-2012, 03:09 AM

Then it becomes easy for the Nets. Re-sign Lopez, suck another year and sign Howard next summer. I think that

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2012, 03:10 AM
This guy is holding up Deron, JJ, Nets from making moves, Lakers, Houston

I say the Lakers make a move for Deron first, or somehow talk to both guys to see if theres a way we can still get Howard

Howard will still go to the Nets. I actually want Deron to choose the Nets now because they will then have to start building around him and taking up cap space making it impossible for Dwight to ever go there. They are not gonna wait for him. If I were the Lakers I would still take a gamble on Dwight.

What I don't understand is why the Lakers haven't traded Pau yet, he can't come back to this team whether its Bynum or Dwight.

Derka
07-02-2012, 03:11 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Then it becomes easy for the Nets. Re-sign Lopez, suck another year and sign Howard next summer. I think that

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Then it becomes easy for the Nets. Re-sign Lopez, suck another year and sign Howard next summer. I think that

G-Funk
07-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Do you think this has something to do with it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrL11eDEHJc&feature=related

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2012, 03:15 AM
what if the major reason dwight wants to go to NJ is because of deron? he could be the main selling point - who knows what runs through dwight's mind? what is so appealing about NJ without deron?

I think Addias probably made some crazy pitch about him having his own team in NY. With the Lakers Kobe is already there who is the face of Nike.

It's really dumb that this would be a factor but I think it is :facepalm

OmniStrife
There's no cure for being a ****.

R.I.P.
Dwight alone is a terrible option, lol. Its just Orlando all over again if Deron's not there.

It

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Do you think this has something to do with it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrL11eDEHJc&feature=related

But he said this :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

R.I.P.
07-02-2012, 03:17 AM
what if the major reason dwight wants to go to NJ is because of deron? he could be the main selling point - who knows what runs through dwight's mind? what is so appealing about NJ without deron?

If that was an option Deron would sign in Dallas and Howard would follow him there. Howard wants the Adidas cash- plain and simple. He

LakersReign
07-02-2012, 03:21 AM
We have all this drama because tons of supposed basketball fans out there crave this shit. Lebron's free agency was bigger than just the sports media...The Decision got coverage on networks AND cable news shows outside of sports. Reporters got hip to the fact that you could take something like the free agency of a big-name player and build it into a huge story with untold dramatic unfoldings and whatnot. All this drama exists because its being fed to a willing public by a media that craves consumption.

I get that, but IMO, it does way more harm than good. As far as I know, nobody really had much of a problem with Dwight, until now. He's making himself look like a punk b***h. Can't be good for business.

Tenchi Ryu
07-02-2012, 03:23 AM
It's really dumb that this would be a factor but I think it is :facepalm
This is the SAME guy who had the option of playing with Rose, and LITERALLY bitched out with the official "reason":

Chicago is too cold.....

Derrick Rose clearly didn't want no bitchassness on his squad
http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/1420394682.jpg

Rampis
07-02-2012, 03:26 AM
I don't believe I read anywhere Dwight himself naming the Nets as being the "only" team he'll resign... What I read is "multiple sources" naming the Nets as being that only team.
I won't be suprised if that "only" team he means is actually the Lakers. He could just be throwing smoke so after the Nets paying Wallace and sign JJ and will not have enough cap and/or assets for him, he can just say that he didn't really wanted to follow Shaq's footsteps and that he did everything he could not to... but the Lakers was the only available option with assets that Magic wanted. :confusedshrug:

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 03:28 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]If that was an option Deron would sign in Dallas and Howard would follow him there. Howard wants the Adidas cash- plain and simple. He

Timmy D for MVP
07-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Dwight is either:

a) Not very bright.

b) Not making a decision for basketball reasons.

If I were the new Magic GM I'd take the best possible offer. And only the best possible offer. If the other GM wanted to gamble on Dwight staying then fine, I'd be taking the best package, whether from Brooklyn or not.

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 03:35 AM
Dwight is either:

a) Not very bright.

b) Not making a decision for basketball reasons.

If I were the new Magic GM I'd take the best possible offer. And only the best possible offer. If the other GM wanted to gamble on Dwight staying then fine, I'd be taking the best package, whether from Brooklyn or not.

this is what you'd do in an ideal situation. the problem is, how does orlando convince a team to gamble on a rental? howard has said he wants to go to NJ multiple times. he seems hell bent on getting there one way or another and i think GM's are going to be put off by all that

Tenchi Ryu
07-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Problem with this is that this will drop the trade value GREATLY now, as in teams ain't gonna wanna touch anything they have to offer, unless its someone in the shithole like the bobcats.

Teams aren't gonna wanna trade ALL the pieces for someone who is most likely stepping out on them at the end of the year.

Timmy D for MVP
07-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Well that's the issue. What I'm saying is I'd ignore Dwight from here on in.

I'd see if anyone was willing to take a flier and see if they can resign him. Maybe Houston still tries, idk at this point.

This kills the market on him though no doubt. Such a dick move.

Blue&Orange
07-02-2012, 04:01 AM
U realize he could be a free agent by now? And walk way with Orlando getting jack shit? right? :facepalm

Ok he tells magic FO he wants to be traded to the Nets, they than convince him to opt-in so that Magic makes a final push to try to win, they will even try to get someone before the trade deadline, and then next year they trade him to the nets.

They trade for no one, next day they make a private conversation public, and end of season start trade negotiations with every team of the NBA. :lol

Yeah poor Orlando Magic, Dwight is telling the world he only extends with the Nets.

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 04:14 AM
I don't believe I read anywhere Dwight himself naming the Nets as being the "only" team he'll resign... What I read is "multiple sources" naming the Nets as being that only team.
I won't be suprised if that "only" team he means is actually the Lakers. He could just be throwing smoke so after the Nets paying Wallace and sign JJ and will not have enough cap and/or assets for him, he can just say that he didn't really wanted to follow Shaq's footsteps and that he did everything he could not to... but the Lakers was the only available option with assets that Magic wanted. :confusedshrug:

why wouldnt the trade be completed already then?

btw at this point, the magic are screwed. I say get yourself one last hoorah. go make him play in some shitty city for a year. Take whatever matches up well salary wise and isnt super bad for rebuilding. Thats what I'd do tbh. I'd love to be known as the owner who didnt put up with bullshit. Magic org would be respected for it.

All Net
07-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Just hope Magic take the best offer and don't let Dwight might them take a deal that won't help them long term.

Linspired
07-02-2012, 04:18 AM
this ain't diva move. this is called immaturity. dude may be big as hell, but he is still a boy trapped in a man's body. this dude doesn't have a clue what he wants.

Tenchi Ryu
07-02-2012, 04:24 AM
So it sounds like majority of us have signed the "Fukk Dwight the douche asshole" treaty.

:D :D :D

reppy
07-02-2012, 04:24 AM

If he's lets management know, but not the whole world, they can at least pretend to work the market. Maybe it makes no difference but he just took away the only leverage they could use to squeeze any value out of him.

If they sit him for a year and tank, then I don't think he can sign for as much with the Nets. How does that benefit him? They're better off tanking and letting his money come off the books, IMO.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2012, 05:30 AM
If the Nets actually had Knicks like assets this would have been over over six months ago.

Fortunately King already traded them to Utah!

U realize he could be a free agent by now? And walk way with Orlando getting jack shit? right?

But he wouldn't have gotten as much money. That's why he wanted a trade.

El Kabong
07-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Just hope Magic take the best offer and don't let Dwight might them take a deal that won't help them long term.
Problem is that unless you get a team who thinks they can convince him to re-sign in one year, like Houston were supposedly, then the first thing they'll ask Dwight is "Will you sign an extension?". When he answers "no", then what they offer to the Magic goes way down. Likewise with the Nets, if they know they're the only team Dwight will re-sign with than they can lowball the Magic and give them a "you either get Brook + whatever else" or you get nothing at all.

Punpun
07-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Hey guys, Melo and Dwight were in the SAME situation. Let's do a breakdown :

>Melo ? Got traded more or less imediatly and raped the Knicks with all the pieces they got in return

>Dwight ? FO goes full retard. Leaks everything. Def. kill any trade that was possible by scaring any possible interested franchises. Everyone get fired as a result and Dwight has now lost any shit he had about the Magic. Meanwhile, Both D12 and the Magics become national laughingstocks.

Damn.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Hey guys, Melo and Dwight were in the SAME situation. Let's do a breakdown :

>Melo ? Got traded more or less imediatly and raped the Knicks with all the pieces they got in return

>Dwight ? FO goes full retard. Leaks everything. Def. kill any trade that was possible by scaring any possible interested franchises. Everyone get fired as a result and Dwight has now lost any shit he had about the Magic. Meanwhile, Both D12 and the Magics become national laughingstocks.

Damn.
This. How do I give rep?

niko
07-02-2012, 06:38 AM
He won't sign midlevel with nets, and that will be all they will have, so his threat of leaving in FA is moot. Howard might want to note the Nets are acquiring contracts that even Billy King knows can't be flipped for Howard.

ILLsmak
07-02-2012, 06:54 AM
It's interesting people were like OMG 70 WINS when Bron, Wade, and Bosh got together, but if Dwight goes to NJ, they'll have the top C and a top PG plus a great wing guy in wallace.

Not saying they are going to be a dynasty, but that makes them a really good team that just needs to fill in a few more pieces to be a contender.

I'm excited. Hopefully it happens. Would like to see Deron get to play with another superstar.

-Smak

Punpun
07-02-2012, 06:55 AM
D12-D-Will fits way more than Lebron/Wade/Bosh too.

niko
07-02-2012, 07:04 AM
The nets don't appear to be interested. has anyone considered perhaps his back might not be ok? The Nets rather have Joe Johnson than a shot at Dwight.

Something to consider.

Soundwave
07-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Trade him to the Nets and get on with it already.

This has dragged on long enough.

outbreak
07-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Trade him to the Nets and get on with it already.

This has dragged on long enough.
Nets have noone to trade for .

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Nets have noone to trade for .

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22833922.jpg

bagelred
07-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

source says Golden State still willing to trade for Dwight Howard without having commitment from him beyond next season

This could be a good gamble by GSW. What else do they really have going on? Why not go for it.

Also, why does Howard want Brooklyn so badly? To me, Dwight Howard is the anti-New York guy. His fake smiles and forced humor would work much better in L.A.

blacknapalm
07-02-2012, 07:44 AM
This could be a good gamble by GSW. What else do they really have going on? Why not go for it.

Also, why does Howard want Brooklyn so badly? To me, Dwight Howard is the anti-New York guy. His fake smiles and forced humor would work much better in L.A.

dafuq? so GS traded for bogut, then drafted a center in round 1 of the draft and are now trying to trade for howard? lol broussard

bagelred
07-02-2012, 07:51 AM
dafuq? so GS traded for bogut, then drafted a center in round 1 of the draft and are now trying to trade for howard? lol broussard

I assume Bogut will be part of a package sent back to Orlando for Howard.

HylianNightmare
07-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Bye bye you douche

Rake2204
07-02-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't feel like this quote is getting enough play:
[quote]Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you

Doctor Rivers
07-02-2012, 08:24 AM
This. How do I give rep?

your rep holds no weight

raprap
07-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow Dwight, really? :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

It's A VC3!!!
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
None of this is howards fault. None. He has asked to be traded to the nets for half a year now and it still hasn't happened. Stop holding him hostage. The longer rob keeps him the more drama occurs. So trade him and get over it. If he doesn't sound like this and act like a jerk he will never get traded to the nets. He needs to be a jackass to tel EVERYONE that he wants to be a net. Bottom line. You finally heard it for yourself.
Dwight only wants the nets

Punpun
07-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Don't bring logic in my gossip VC.

:biggums:

TheOne
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Excuese me, hurting your trade value? As a player, why do I care about MY trading value as I am going to join the other side of the trade.

niko
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't get people who think the Magic should trade Howard immediately to Brooklyn to "avoid embarrasment". Should Howard shut up and just sign with whoever acquires him to "avoid embarrasment?"

This has all been handled poorly but Orlando trading him now for 10 cents on the dollar to avoid being embarrased makes no sense. How much worse can they look? How much worse can he look?

And memo to Dwight, you told the Nets you only wanted them, and ten seconds before you were going to be forced to be traded there you changed your mind. Trying to re-establish leverage now in the same way isn't going to have the same impact.

It's A VC3!!!
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Don't bring logic in my gossip VC.

:biggums:
:oldlol:

Alright now back to watching shark tank.

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Lmao of course only Nets fans would see this differently.
Howard had a chance to move but decided to opt in. That right there was his fault. You can not control your faith the NBA is a business and the league has learned since LeBron did his desission thing. Howard claimed he loves the city and fans of Orlando now he wants to screw them?

Face the fact the NJ now has nothing in value to offer the Magic. They ate a bad team moving to a new arena....that's it. I hope Deron goes to the Mavs.

niko
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Alright now back to watching shark tank.
What's SHARK TANK?

ripthekik
07-02-2012, 10:04 AM
What's with all the talk about joe johnson anyways.. he hasn't been relevant since.. 2010??
Ignore him and wait for dwight

Cangri
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
:roll: :roll: Too bad Howard will never get as much hate as Lebron even though he deserves it.

Chrono90
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
he's speaking his mind. not that bad.

this is a business. everyone looks out for themselves. it's all about self-interest. there's more business in the NBA than the sport itself. i don't blame dwight. do what you gotta do

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 10:20 AM
:roll: :roll: Too bad Howard will never get as much hate as Lebron even though he deserves it.
LeBron had the prime time special. Even the non bball fans had to see it and came up with their own conclusion.

It's A VC3!!!
07-02-2012, 10:25 AM
What's SHARK TANK?

Amazing show. Funny watching mark Cuban too.

niko
07-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Amazing show. Funny watching mark Cuban too.
Hmm...will check out. Not a big Mark Cuban fan though. Would like to see him when Deron signs with Brooklyn later, that would be a good show.

Cangri
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
LeBron had the prime time special. Even the non bball fans had to see it and came up with their own conclusion.
I know, that's why I said he won't be as hated as Lebron, along with the fact that Lebron was much more known even before the decision.

It's A VC3!!!
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Hmm...will check out. Not a big Mark Cuban fan though. Would like to see him when Deron signs with Brooklyn later, that would be a good show.
It's basically where entrepreneurs showcase their invention or idea to a group of 5 millionares/ billionaires and attempt to get one of those wealthy "sharks" to invest in their business. I have watched al of season one and half of season two on YouTube from the same channel.

niko
07-02-2012, 10:56 AM
It's basically where entrepreneurs showcase their invention or idea to a group of 5 millionares/ billionaires and attempt to get one of those wealthy "sharks" to invest in their business. I have watched al of season one and half of season two on YouTube from the same channel.
I have an idea for a business where i sell little shocks machines to NBA players and everytime they fell like speaking or tweeting and they don't send it for approval, i SHOCK them.

Dwight Howard alone needs about 200 of them.

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I know, that's why I said he won't be as hated as Lebron, along with the fact that Lebron was much more known even before the decision.
Yeah LeBron was and still is the NBA's golden boy.
That just it though...I remember Howard being very weary about what LeBron had to go through. And them he pulls this? He obviously hates the Magic org now.

And what the Magic franchise do? All they wanted to do is keep him. They even got rid of the GM and coach....

Looking back on everything now you got to respect Melo. He just said trade me and the Nuugets got the best offer.

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 11:09 AM
My message to Dwight would be to be a pro. Magic will look for best deal and dedicate yourself to what ever team u play for.

RRR3
07-02-2012, 11:12 AM
McGrady wasted his very short healthy prime carrying a bunch of D-Leaguers on the Magic. He did all he could, and it's a damn shame he wasted his peak surrounded by scrubs.

Punpun
07-02-2012, 11:27 AM
McGrady wasted his very short healthy prime carrying a bunch of D-Leaguers on the Magic. He did all he could, and it's a damn shame he wasted his peak surrounded by scrubs.

D12 carried scrubs too. And did it better than McGrady.

Bigsmoke
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
thanx for telling us something that we already know Dwight.

DropStep
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Does Dwight Howard still even have a fanbase? Dude had a major negative impact on his image over the past year.

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Does Dwight Howard still even have a fanbase? Dude had a major negative impact on his image over the past year.
Yup really similar to LeBron

KB2009Champ
07-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I REALLY REALLY do not understand his fascination with the Nets.

Owner who is barely around, crap coach and even crappier GM.

Is the lure of NY that great?

It's A VC3!!!
07-02-2012, 01:10 PM
It's unfortunate that Dwight Howard is quitting the game of basketball. Why do you have to resign from the Magic at such a young age!! :(

Styles p
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
so if the nets get joe johnson how exactly are they going to get dwight and resign deron? after signing wallace?

SpecialQue
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM

I made a thread about this awhile back. As far as I know, hardly anyone here is a huge fan of his. You'll find people backing a ton of other players, but hardly anyone seems to get passionate about Dwight. Everyone just seems to acknowledge that he's the best center in the league, that he can get a team to the playoffs...and that's it. I've never seen a single person support him to the extent that Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and other players get supported here. Fvck, I've seen more hardcore Eric Gordon fans here than Dwight fans.

DropStep
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Yup really similar to LeBron
I dont think so, people can still shine a positive light on Lebron even after the Decision. Alot of Lebron's hatred came from the "sheeple", Cavs fans and Laker fans.

Dwight Howard is in full blown douchebag mode. He wants to go to "one team no matter what". No one can spin that. Not even the people in Brooklyn.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM

The lure of not being called Shaq 2.0, or Shaq Lite, or anything similar is great.

Kiddlovesnets
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM

This comes from a fan of a team whose coach is Mike Brown.

niko
07-02-2012, 01:17 PM
The lure of not being called Shaq 2.0, or Shaq Lite, or anything similar is great.
If that's his motivation, because those comparisons would mentally wear on him, he's insane to come to NY. We won't call him Shaq light. We'll call him Loser, mentally weak, moron, and chase his ass out of town.

:lol NY Media and Dwight, that would be funny.

Crown&Coke
I hope nets trade for Joe Johnson and sign Deron to a max deal within the next few weeks.

then if this Dwight bullshit still goes on until next year, he will have to find a new team since the Nets would be unable to sign him to a lucritive deal

:applause:

trig
send him to the bobcats

LA_Showtime
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't understand what he's doing right now. He wants to maintain his popularity in Orlando and come off looking as the good guy, but continues to say stuff like this. Here's some advice, Dwight: Playing the fence will only make the backlash worse.

jbryan1984
07-02-2012, 01:21 PM
If I am Orlando, I do not want him playing for my team. He says "oh, I always tried my hardest, I never faked anything". Its like telling your girlfriend you want to date her the rest of the year and then move on next year with only this one girl. Orlando, trade him. Even if you only get Brook Lopez, at least you get something, don't let him walk for nothing.

LA_Showtime
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM

You see, this is what happens when players try to predict the future. I don't know about Dwight, but I would much rather be Shaq 2.0 than some hall of fame center who finishes his career with zero rings. What Dwight also fails to see is that LA would embrace him and if he finished his career as a Laker he would have the potential, note POTENTIAL, to finish above Shaq on the all-time list (assuming a lot of things go right, like winning).

LA_Showtime
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
If I am Orlando, I do not want him playing for my team. He says "oh, I always tried my hardest, I never faked anything". Its like telling your girlfriend you want to date her the rest of the year and then move on next year with only this one girl. Orlando, trade him. Even if you only get Brook Lopez, at least you get something, don't let him walk for nothing.

I see nothing wrong here. Move along, folks.

Wavves
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiCVG9nz4M

tomtucker
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
"I'll only resign with one team."..........which one is it :confusedshrug:

Punpun
07-02-2012, 02:00 PM
So what ? Dwight played through injury and all. Even put up a 20/20 while injured. Shut up with that "D12 doesn't try hard". He tries harder than almost everyone in the league. His body is proof of that.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Dwight deserves better than that 3rd rate, po dunk Mickey Mouse franchise

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2012, 02:09 PM
"I'll only resign with one team."..........which one is it :confusedshrug:

its not the lakers...or deal would have been done by now for bynum

its not the rockets...or deal would have been done by now for lowry/3 1st picks/add anything else

its not warriors...or deal would have been done by now

its the nets...who dont have any assets then Brooks + next yr 1st...dont tell lopez can be part of deal...cause he needs to s&t...he needs to agree the money and then the team

Derka
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM

If that's seriously his problem, dude needs to nut up.

Watch what they call him when he shoots 60% at the line, misses six or seven free throws in a game that Brooklyn loses by four. NYC media and fans will flat out crucify him. He'll be begging people to mention his name in the same breath as Shaq.

vinsanity2756
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Seriously, dwight is being a huge drama queen for about a year and a half now. "I wanna be traded", "I wanna stay with the magic" "I want van gundy out". For the orlando magic sake, I hope they get rid of him, and get some valuable players for him in return, because he's held that whole team hostage for too long.

niko
07-02-2012, 02:12 PM
I think GS actually wins out now (against my avi bet, ugh).

Styles p
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
reading reports the sixers are one of the teams in the running. they need to go for it even if he doesn't resign then we will have no choice to rebuild the right way through the lottery instead of picking #15 every year. tired of my team being conservative and mediocre all the time.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Wow... I hope he doesn't get traded, and ends up choosing from shitty teams next year.

I never thought "The Decision" could be beat in terms of douchebaggery, but Dwight has topped it.... what a bitch

dreamshake
07-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Little did everyone know, the one team is actually the Orlando Magic :lol

niko
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM
reading reports the sixers are one of the teams in the running. they need to go for it even if he doesn't resign then we will have no choice to rebuild the right way through the lottery instead of picking #15 every year. tired of my team being conservative and mediocre all the time.
For who? That's interesting. Except for the fact Gobb will be insufferable...

Styles p
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
For who? That's interesting. Except for the fact Gobb will be insufferable...
http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/7/2/3131673/sixers-in-on-the-dwight-howard-trade-talks-orlando-magic
seen a few other too doubt there is much behind it. and for who the sixers would be willing to trade I'd say anyone on the roster lol.

ihoopallday
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
If you're a GM right now, you wouldn't risk renting Dwight for a year? Seriously, a lot can change in a year. What if he ended up winning a championship during that year? Would he still leave?

Soundwave
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
If you're a GM right now, you wouldn't risk renting Dwight for a year? Seriously, a lot can change in a year. What if he ended up winning a championship during that year? Would he still leave?

Maybe a team like OKC could afford to take that risk, but a lot of teams I don't think can.

I don't think the Lakers would risk losing Bynum forever for one year of Howard + a 34-year-old Kobe Bryant.

You basically *have* to win the title to impress him enough to stay.

roffie
07-02-2012, 03:27 PM
lol oh dwight, you cutie pie.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Seriously, dwight is being a huge drama queen for about a year and a half now. "I wanna be traded", "I wanna stay with the magic" "I want van gundy out". For the orlando magic sake, I hope they get rid of him, and get some valuable players for him in return, because he's held that whole team hostage for too long.

Orlando is the one that still desperate to re-sign Dwight. I don't blame them for waiting for the right package to come around. But they can't grasp the fact Dwight wants out. 3rd rate franchise.

fatboy11
07-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Could this whole thing be handled any worse by Dwight?

Fiasco
07-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Dwight for Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Ryan Gomes, Picks, and cash considerations.

Let's do it.

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I think GS actually wins out now (against my avi bet, ugh).

Get ready.

Don't worry, no gay.

LikeABosh
07-02-2012, 05:03 PM
This whole thing is 10x worse than Lebron's "decision" thing.

Shade8780
07-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Dwight is such a bitch...

Trade Dwight to Charlotte for Gordon, Walker, Biyombo, Kidd-Gilchrist, Henderson and Mullens.

Do it Rob!!!

SpecialQue
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Dwight: "I'll only resign with one team."

Looks like that team's gonna be the Magic.

All Net
07-02-2012, 05:27 PM
hmm not anymore

Sarcastic
07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
This whole thing is 10x worse than Lebron's "decision" thing.

That's because the team involved is screwing it up even worse.

niko
07-02-2012, 05:39 PM
GS out.
Brooklyn out.

Hmm....

d.bball.guy
07-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Trade scenario:

Orlando trades Dwight to Alaska for 3 polar bears.

Crown&Coke
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Trade scenario:

Orlando trades Dwight to Alaska for 3 polar bears.

can't trade polar bears, they are a protected species.

gotta be some eskimos or some igloos or something. Maybe even one of the Palin's?

Derka
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
can't trade polar bears, they are a protected species.

gotta be some eskimos or some igloos or something. Maybe even one of the Palin's?

Aren't Eskimos a protected species too?

mentallooser
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Magic is our answer I guess.

Crown&Coke
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Aren't Eskimos a protected species too?

might be right about that.

guess one of the Palin's it is

TheFan
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
So we are really gonna say this is worst than the Lebron BS and leave it at that?... lolz... for this to be worst than what Lebron did, Dwight would have to come out dressed as Hitler, wearing Stalin's cap, shoot someone on the face and rape an entire kindergarten while singing the anthem of U.R.S.S and setting the USA flag on fire...

heck still its a tie.

yup Lebron redeemed himself with the title but lets not get ahead ourselves.

scm5
07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

LA_Showtime
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I wonder if Dwight would be interested in going to the Spurs. They have a lot of young talent and they could probably put together a pretty good deal.

R.I.P.
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
You people need to stop hating on DWIGHT!!!*

*now that Bucher claims Mavs are leader in the clubhouse Dwight becomes greatest human being to me, alright.

Though I think it

G-Funk
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Nets are now out of the race? rolol