PDA

View Full Version : I am no longer a fan of _____

Jasper
07-03-2012, 01:29 AM
For me it's Dwight Howard.
1) Saw him drafted out of high school , and was surprised at the talent of a 7' playing pro ball ( raw talent making a difference on his new team)
2) 2nd year the maturity of his game developing and domination
3) Getting to the only finals appearance , sucking up the loss , and watching the winners celebrate'
Then :
Superman dunking , getting educated over a summer at "the Dreams Camp"
And failing horribly in front of the media , whinning about his teammates instead of leading them.
Running down the court , smiling and laughing in critical times of a game.

I doubt the rest of Dwight's career , I could ever cheer for him.
Lets look at this past year - - - whinning and constantly saying no comment to the press yet 'his people' devulging facts of Howard saying he wants his coach out , wants out of Orlando , then re'ups.... then and now claiming another trade must occur , pawn'n his current basketball of operations , issuing a possible bribe comments ... on and on and on

I think if he looked at the Thunder's players and see how hard they played, how dedicated they were to playing , and learning as we witnessed , he could learn something from these newbie - up starts...

His actions tell me he really doesn't care about a title .. it's the money and media he adorn's like his cape...
I'm afraid to say it , but the best big man in bball probably could never lead a team or be the first option in critical times of a game ..
He'll be riding some other super hero's coat tails for a ring if he ever gets one.

you are no longer a fan of ___________

????

EnoughSaid
07-03-2012, 01:30 AM
No longer a fan of Amare Stoudemire. Used to love watching him play with Nash, but after his move to New York and everything, I've started to dislike him quite a bit.

BuffaloBill
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM
No longer a fan of Amare Stoudemire. Used to love watching him play with Nash, but after his move to New York and everything, I've started to dislike him quite a bit.

Oh that's a good one, I couldn't think of any.

StateOfMind12
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Dwyane Wade.

I loved how he played when he was with Shaq but I can't stand his style of play post-Shaq and I absolutely cannot stand his style of play with Lebron these days. I also thought he had a better attitude and personality, not just on the court during his days with Shaq but also off the court. He seems to be more of a d-bag these days than ever while I thought he was a cool and nice dude back when he was with Shaq.

marion706
07-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Dwyane Wade.

I loved how he played when he was with Shaq but I can't stand his style of play post-Shaq and I absolutely cannot stand his style of play with Lebron these days. I also thought he had a better attitude and personality, not just on the court during his days with Shaq but also off the court. He seems to be more of a d-bag these days than ever while I thought he was a cool and nice dude back when he was with Shaq.

i can see this

colorz
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Dwight Howard, tired of his inabilty to make a decison on where he wants to play.

Dwight Howard, yeah he's so annoying to me now he deserves to get mentioned twice in the same post.

Svendiggity
07-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Blake Griffin

dbk123
07-03-2012, 01:36 AM
blake griffin...

he was cool during his rookie year but this past season hes been real cocky with all the stare downs after he dunks

D12"Magic"
07-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Dwight Howard, tired of his inabilty to make a decison on where he wants to play.

Dwight Howard, yeah he's so annoying to me now he deserves to get mentioned twice in the same post.
Joey Bada$$ in your avy? :bowdown: :bowdown:

colorz
07-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Joey Bada$$ in your avy? :bowdown: :bowdown:

Inspired by you my friend :bowdown:

Kews1
07-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Lamar Odom, out of all of the players on the Lakers Lamar was the one i thought was ok. Then after he almost gets traded he has a cry and asks to be traded to one of the Lakers rivals, then when he gets there hes completely lost his playing ability and has turned into a baby. :applause:

D12"Magic"
07-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Inspired by you my friend :bowdown:
:cheers:

maybeshewill13
07-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Dwight, Amare and Wade I completely agree with. Never liked Griffin so that's irrelevant.

ispin69
07-03-2012, 01:44 AM
I am no longer a fan of: THE NBA AND SUPERTEAMS.

I'm outta here. :lebroncry:

d.bball.guy
07-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I agree with Lamar one.

EnoughSaid
07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Here is my official list:

Blake Griffin
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard
Lamar Odom

Can't think of anyone else right now.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-03-2012, 01:49 AM
B1tches who feel they are entitled to everything and anything

In last 20 years never seen a player who hated so much to play for the lakers

maybeshewill13
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
B1tches who feel they are entitled to everything and anything

In last 20 years never seen a player who hated so much to play for the lakers

Lol Lakers fans and their sense of entitlement :lol

UtahJazzFan88
07-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Dwyane Wade, so sick of his crying to the refs.

DirtySanchez
07-03-2012, 01:52 AM
leBron and webbed feet

BuffaloBill
07-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Jeremy Lin. I never liked him though. He's a *******

Vienceslav
07-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Lol Lakers fans and their sense of entitlement :lol
As they should have , no?

Umad101
07-03-2012, 02:05 AM
D-wade

Dude used to be so nice, modest, humble, and exciting to watch. Ever since teaming up with lebron he became full of hisself. Also how he just let lebron come to his own team, his own house and become the man while he a second role beta bitch I thought he was more alpha than that. Lol @ letting a guy who is arguably as good as u come to ur house earn the franchise first MVP and also take the fmvp in ur own building while u watch like a little bitch.

Crystallas
07-03-2012, 02:12 AM
I agree. Dwight, for reasons already mentioned. The diva thing happens in sports, but he is acting like he is bigger than the game itself.

Donnybrook
07-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Dwayne Wade...

Since teaming up with LBJ his attitude and integrity have gone down the shitter. What happened to humility? He seems to have developed some entitlement complex.

Every time he looks at the refs after a no-call I imagine him saying in his head, "Don't you know I'm supposed to win a title now that the king is here?!"

Can't stand him now...

ClutchOver9000
07-03-2012, 02:17 AM
*Dwyane Wade

*Lamar Odom

Never was a fan of either Howard or Griffin.

On the other hand, there are players I used to either disregard or dislike that I am now a fan of such as Rondo, Westbrook, and Ginobili.

Maniak
07-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Dwight Howard.

CelticBaller
07-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Carmelo, the dude was a straight boss. Don't know why but I don't seem to be liking him lately

Bigsmoke
07-03-2012, 02:21 AM
i guess Bosh

I had no idea he was this corny

scandisk_
07-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Dwade :facepalm

Used to like his style of play and attitude A LOT. Now, he moans and bitches every fvckin time! He's LBJ's bitch now :facepalm Such a shame to see a player of his caliber go down like that.

talkingconch
07-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Blake Griffin easily

the whole flopping thing + Chris Paul to the Clippers even intensifies it

Stuckey
07-03-2012, 03:01 AM
amare

he use to beast, now he's just meh

Asukal
07-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Dwade and Lebron. :cheers:

swag2011
07-03-2012, 04:16 AM
co-sign D.Wade. I liked him way before the whole big 3 came together. Ever since he paired with lebron it's like his whole persona changed. (and i'm not blaming bron for that at all) He just seems like such a lil b*tch now a days. Maybe it's the roid rage

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 04:20 AM
amare

he use to beast, now he's just meh

i was the biggest amare fan on the suns but in NY he went insane and stupid might be the dumbest player in the nba now

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Amare+Stoudemire+Miami+Heat+v+New+York+Knicks+RlZ-DvmLh1pl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Amare+Stoudemire+Givenchy+Menswear+Fashion+RIIjVbc k4qVl.jpg

oh yeah he a jew now, ***** is a jew :roll:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/189176/AMARE-STOUDEMIRE-STAR-OF-DAVID.jpg

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Amare-Stoudemire.jpg

:roll:

Wavy Crockett
07-03-2012, 04:20 AM

He fell in love with that fifteen footer. :cry:

jdm_dc_fan
07-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Eddie house. Dood turned into a douche after he left Boston and went to miami.

DurantFor40
07-03-2012, 06:17 AM
I don't quit on players :facepalm

If I'm a fan of someone then I will always be a fan.

You quitters make me sick :facepalm

RazorBaLade
07-03-2012, 06:18 AM
wade, started noticing he plays like a ******

Punpun
07-03-2012, 06:20 AM
For me it's Dwight Howard. getting educated over a summer at "the Dreams Camp"

Fukc off. How is that in anay ways a knock on D12 ? Or is that a diss on Hakeem ?

:biggums:

blablabla
07-03-2012, 06:21 AM
chris fall

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 06:21 AM
i always been team first fan sure i have my fav player on the team but if he leaves fucc him lol

I LUV KOBE
07-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Lebrick and Wade, cause they shortcut everything just to won rings especially Lebron.. I rather have them work hard just like Kobe to won rings than to take the easy road for a cheap rings..

alenleomessi
07-03-2012, 07:44 AM
how can you stop being fan of someone...

Ancient Legend
07-03-2012, 07:58 AM

You read my mind. I always loved his attitude and game in PHX. He seems like a totally different person now.

Arroyo8
07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
dwade

unknowns8
07-03-2012, 08:04 AM
inside hoops dot com

:yaohappy:

miamiandorlando
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
wade, dwight, griffin, cp3

Faptastrophe
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Lebrick and Wade, cause they shortcut everything just to won rings especially Lebron.. I rather have them work hard just like Kobe to won rings than to take the easy road for a cheap rings..
Do I really have to point out the irony? :rolleyes:

On the topic.. I'm no longer a fan of Michael Beasley.(Not that he did something wrong.. he just didn't do anything) What the hell happened to the guy.. he was so exciting to watch when he played in Miami.. http://youtu.be/XBHHmwH3m_o

Bosnian Sajo
07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Melo, hes used to be the shit in Denver...still don't understand why he left, they were a great ball club.

Mr Exlax
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Carmelo Anthony. The guy plays with no passion or desire. Hell, he doesn't even get mad after a loss. At least Amare will punch something.

Silenttristo
07-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Dwade for the whinging, Blake for the flopping.

My opposite of this for me is Chris Bosh. I don't know why, but I never liked him. But now I think he's hilarious.

Asiantastic
07-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Blake Griffin, became overly cocky this past season.

Lamar Odom, quit on the Mavericks and became a soft bitch. I understand he had personal problems, but good lord don't quit like that.

CarlosBoozer
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Carlos Boozer, dude was an all-star in his Utah days... now everyone wants him gone from the Bulls..sigh

dzav323
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Kobe-rape yet no one seems to care. Who cares if he got off

Reggie Evans- Worst flopper in da league

CP3- No longer a Hornet, but would definitely welcome him back next summer

lilgodfather1
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Kobe-rape yet no one seems to care. Who cares if he got off

Reggie Evans- Worst flopper in da league

CP3- No longer a Hornet, but would definitely welcome him back next summer
Isn't getting off the point of rape? I mean otherwise would it even be rape? Any ways I used to love Wade, but the dude is flopping around like Paul Pierce out there on the court.

Horde of Temujin
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
I havent been a fan of Dwhistle since June of 2006, but i have grown to dislike him even more lately. He is a dirty player who also happens to be a big whining bitch.

Mr. Incredible
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Lebrick and Wade, cause they shortcut everything just to won rings especially Lebron.. I rather have them work hard just like Kobe to won rings than to take the easy road for a cheap rings..Kobe got carried to a title 4x :lol

blablabla
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
how can you stop being fan of someone...
:lol

Da_Bulls_23
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Players who wear the lensless glasses. Think they look absolutely stupid and would've never thought the 'Steve Urkel' look would ever catch on. :confusedshrug:

http://www.konbini.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/konbini-steve-urkel.jpg

chris2010
07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
D-wade= used to be one of my favorite players. Thought he was humble until the big 3 formed. Dont like his game now either. Now he just charges at the basket, throws himself into defenders, cries over no calls and purposely holds back on D.

Lebron= have not liked him since his dancing in cleveland days. Him having the decision and the hype ESPN and a bunch of bandwagoners intensified it.

Carmelo& Dwight= had good teams put around them but suddenly decide they want to jump ship and play on only 1 team. They want the cake (winning) and the icing (money). IMO choose one or the other, and shut up.

KG= dont even complain about not having proper talent put around you in a small market when you are eating up most of the salary cap. CV cancer patient incident made me dislike him more.

Kevin Durant= I kinda like him, but after his comments about the lockout i started to not really like him as much. I tolerate him now.

Kobe Bryant= used to be my favorite player. But just seeing him stubbornly playing like he thinks hes 24 instead of 34 hurts my team.

Crown&Coke
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Shane Battier

used to love his defense and on court demeanor, but why he trying all of a sudden to act like a tough guy? First he walks up on Goatbrook, then he tried to walk up on Fish. Dude, Fish would open you up like he did your ex-teammate Scola, and you didn't do shit then

BuffaloBill
07-03-2012, 01:00 PM
D-wade= used to be one of my favorite players. Thought he was humble until the big 3 formed. Dont like his game now either. Now he just charges at the basket, throws himself into defenders, cries over no calls and purposely holds back on D.

Lebron= have not liked him since his dancing in cleveland days. Him having the decision and the hype ESPN and a bunch of bandwagoners intensified it.

Carmelo& Dwight= had good teams put around them but suddenly decide they want to jump ship and play on only 1 team. They want the cake (winning) and the icing (money). IMO choose one or the other, and shut up.

KG= dont even complain about not having proper talent put around you in a small market when you are eating up most of the salary cap. CV cancer patient incident made me dislike him more.

Kevin Durant= I kinda like him, but after his comments about the lockout i started to not really like him as much. I tolerate him now.

Kobe Bryant= used to be my favorite player. But just seeing him stubbornly playing like he thinks hes 24 instead of 34 hurts my team.

You just sound like a hater

lpublic_enemyl
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Dwight Howard used to be one of my favorite player but now he seems like a whiny child making an A$$ of himself. Everytime this dude is in the papers now it's something about him being a inconsiderate idiot, the opposite of a professional basketball player.

mrbigshot1
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Charlie V. Never liked him and never will.

Maniak
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Well you were never a fan of him in the first place...

This thread is called "I am no longer a fan of _____" not "List people you don't like at random"

lilgodfather1
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Then he doesn't count for the purposes of this thread. Otherwise I would say KG because the guy is the definition of a dirty player.

lilgodfather1
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Then he doesn't count for the purposes of this thread. Otherwise I would say KG because the guy is the definition of a dirty player.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
3 of the most mentioned players Odom, Griffin and CP3 are all on the Clippers, go figure :oldlol: .

http://bowlphilosophy.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

stallionaire
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Blake Griffin

Disrespects the game and he has 0 sportsmanship. If Stern fixes flopping I fully expect him to be the most penalized flopper in the league. Man-child, overrated player. Needs to respect the game.

WeGetRing2012
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Kanye West.

Dude used to be so relatable now he is just a pompous jackass.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Blake Griffin

Disrespects the game and he has 0 sportsmanship. If Stern fixes flopping I fully expect him to be the most penalized flopper in the league. Man-child, overrated player. Needs to respect the game.

Sportsmanship. If Griffin did this he would be getting death threats for the rest of his career :roll: .

http://www.lowvig.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/9aaedm_120205_wolves_rockets_new.jpg

Derrick
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
You read my mind. I always loved his attitude and game in PHX. He seems like a totally different person now.
As a kid I loved Amare, but now hes just sad. Not because his game regressed (which is did) but because he cares tooo much about being a hipster and seems to not be focusing on his game..

Scholar
07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
It's funny how quickly Blake Griffin fell from the good graces of God just by adding CP3 to the team. Rookie season = everyone loved him; Sophomore season = everyone hates him.

I don't think I've lost fan-dom for any one specific player recently. I guess if we're talking about overall which player I once was a fan of but now no longer root for, I'd put LeBron here. I don't hate the guy any more (remember the thread I made about that? Yeah, I'm sure you do), but I also don't like him just because he's trying to be the good guy again.

I stopped being a fan after he gave up in the 2010 Playoffs.

LT Ice Cream
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
OP lists "superman dunking" as a reason to not be a fan of Dwight Howard? :facepalm

Lebron was right, everyones got their own problems so they try to project things onto other people.

Poetry
07-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Players who wear the lensless glasses. Think they look absolutely stupid and would've never thought the 'Steve Urkel' look would ever catch on. :confusedshrug:

http://www.konbini.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/konbini-steve-urkel.jpg

Urkel can ball, yo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdQ4HhyojY

Dagouch
07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Landry Fields.... Taking that offer from the Raptors. Should have taken his phone off the Hook. :oldlol:

no more nash tradebait. Well I a guy can hope that Suns would take him...

O_City_Thunder
07-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Lebron James and Dwight Howard

IGotACoolStory
07-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Jeff Teague and Ryan Hollins.

crisscutfries
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
DWade basically same reason as everyone else, homeboy changed for the worse after Big 3 came. Also hate him because he swept Rondo on his arm.

Jasper
07-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Nice thread , thanks for contributing :applause:

Tonight I see my 2nd fav player D-will took the money and a Nets uni...

Quite frankly I expected him to land in Dallas... reason being I trust Cuban building another championship team vs the russian mop boss who has no experience building a team with his money.

Granted Cuban has maybe 1-2 championship teams left in him for the next decade or so.
But franchise like the Nets is a pipe dream.....

Some what disappointed in D-Will , but still a fan for sure :rockon:

-----
You Ray ray fans .. don't dish the stroker if he leaves Boston ...
Obviously they think the Jet is an up grade over the stroker....

Which could mean Miami is his next destination , to fuel the fire for the Heat Celtic's rivalry :D

Don't be surprised if he lands in LA playing along side ol'buddy the mamba

Da_Bulls_23
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Urkel can ball, yo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdQ4HhyojY

True dat, I remember that Grandma Ma episode too. Lol, but the fashion these cats brought by wearin glasses to the post games was straight up whack and looked like geeks.

NumberSix
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Mike Bibby