PDA

View Full Version : Suns Considering Maximum Four-Year, $58M Offer To Eric Gordon

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
The Suns met with Eric Gordon on Monday evening.

Sources say Phoenix is considering offering Gordon a maximum four-year, $58 million.

Gordon is a restricted free agent, giving the Hornets an opportunity to match any offer sheet he signs with a rival team.

i hope gordon tells nola he dont want to be there anymore :oldlol:

EricGordon23
07-03-2012, 01:53 AM
WHatever team he goes to he will be allowed to throw up as many shots as he wants so who cares woot woot Scoring champ next season!!!

maybeshewill13
07-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh shiii :biggums:

LoneyROY7
07-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Getting that guap.

tpols
07-03-2012, 01:56 AM
:biggums:

Its funny how everyone makes fun of the Joe Johnson deal and then you have guys like Eric Gordon and Nicholas Batum getting max offers.

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 01:57 AM
WHatever team he goes to he will be allowed to throw up as many shots as he wants so who cares woot woot Scoring champ next season!!!

u like him on the suns, what u think?

the suns also interested in mayo and beasley...

LoneyROY7

Its funny how everyone makes fun of the Joe Johnson deal and then you have guys like Eric Gordon and Nicholas Batum getting max offers.

Gordon is on a completely different tier then Batum. GTFO with that.

dunksby
I'm an Eric Gordon fan but that's just paying too much for him...

EricGordon23
07-03-2012, 02:00 AM
u like him on the suns, what u think?

the suns also interested in mayo and beasley...

Not really I would rather NOH match. I would rather watch him on a team that's moving forward. If they get Beasley thats sorda like a black hole that wouldn't work well with E.J. IMO

EricGordon23
07-03-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm an Eric Gordon fan but that's just paying too much for him...

I disagree if Batum is getting 53 E.J for 58 is reasonable.

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Gordon is on a completely different tier then Batum. GTFO with that.

u right batum is average and jj with his 120mill is too funny, gordon is more talented than these both players and i think this offer is ok for gordon i just wish nola dont match it lol

LoneyROY7
07-03-2012, 02:03 AM
u right batum is average and jj with his 120mill is too funny, gordon is more talented than these both players and i think this offer is ok for gordon i just wish nola dont match it lol

We'll just have to wait and see.

Health-wise, Phoenix wouldn't be a bad move for Gordon. That medical staff is magical.

Bigsmoke
07-03-2012, 02:04 AM
weak

Story Up
07-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Good job Stern, now NO has NOTHING.
For basketball reasons.

Maniak
I still don't think Gordon deserves a max deal. Although he's probably going to get one this offseason. I want him on the Suns but I'm afraid of him being overpaid.

The Suns are meeting with Gordon tomorrow (today for a lot of people, I suppose), so we'll see what info gets released tomorrow.

CelticBaller
Good shit :applause: :banana:

Now the suns can't give max to OJ, come to the celtics :banana:

EricGordon23
We'll just have to wait and see.

Health-wise, Phoenix wouldn't be a bad move for Gordon. That medical staff is magical.

Hmm that's true the Medical staff would be amazing for E.J maybe it would be good for him to get signed by phx.

hawkfan
07-03-2012, 02:06 AM

4 years, 58 is no where as bad as 4 years, 88 million.

That said Gordon hasn't proven he deserves a max level deal. And definitely not at 4 years.

But free agents don't want to go to Phoenix, so the Suns will have to overpay.

dunksby
07-03-2012, 02:07 AM
I disagree if Batum is getting 53 E.J for 58 is reasonable.
No that does not make it reasonable, it makes the whole situation worse.

LoneyROY7
07-03-2012, 02:07 AM
No that does not make it reasonable, it makes the whole situation worse.

EJ for 58 is FAR more reasonable then Batum for 53.

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Good shit :applause: :banana:

Now the suns can't give max to OJ, come to the celtics :banana:

they still have 10m for mayo after gordon signed ;)

dunksby
07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
EJ for 58 is FAR more reasonable then Batum for 53.
Why is it hard to grasp that over paying players is not a good trend? EJ is a top SG prospect but he has had and will have an injury riddled career.

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 02:11 AM
4 years, 58 is no where as bad as 4 years, 88 million.

That said Gordon hasn't proven he deserves a max level deal. And definitely not at 4 years.

But free agents don't want to go to Phoenix, so the Suns will have to overpay.

lmao what a bullshit

CelticBaller
07-03-2012, 02:11 AM
they still have 10m for mayo after gordon signed ;)
Fvck, atleast he can come off the bench for a contending team

EricGordon23
07-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Why is it hard to grasp that over paying players is not a good trend? EJ is a top SG prospect but he has had and will have an injury riddled career.

Thanks captain future for letting me know how E.J's career is going to end up.

He will prove you wrong this season by playing 80 games

OmniStrife
07-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Good! pair him up with Dragic!

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Good! pair him up with Dragic!

we dont need dragic we have marshall

i hope we see this starting five next year

marshall
gordon
mayo
beasley
gortat

:rockon: :oldlol:

CelticBaller
07-03-2012, 02:18 AM

marshall
gordon
mayo
beasley
gortat

a 6'4 SF is as bad as a 6'11 SF ALA raptors :oldlol:

Maniak
07-03-2012, 02:19 AM

marshall
gordon
mayo
beasley
gortat

I hope that's a joke.

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 02:20 AM
a 6'4 SF is as bad as a 6'11 SF ALA raptors :oldlol:

im just kiddin with this five, i know the suns dont sign all 3 of em

OmniStrife
07-03-2012, 02:22 AM

:coleman:

dunksby
07-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Thanks captain future for letting me know how E.J's career is going to end up.

He will prove you wrong this season by playing 80 games
If he does I will enjoy watching his games, as I said I'm a fan of his game. :cheers:

livingby3's
07-03-2012, 04:46 AM
:coleman:

Dragic with Gordon will be probably be one of the deadliest backcourt. but i agree with him, let's give Marshall the chance to play.

senelcoolidge
07-03-2012, 04:51 AM
The Hornets will match. They will keep him. Gordon is also injury prone, so he's not worth a max contract.

bluechox2
07-03-2012, 04:51 AM
have fields running along those guys, make it happen

Punpun
07-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Godron getting a max ?

Jyap9675
07-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Isnt Eric Gordon an undersized SG?

Al Thornton
07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
The Hornets will match. They will keep him. Gordon is also injury prone, so he's not worth a max contract.

he has also never played for a team that had a chance at winning. it's a guarantee that he missed games last season because the hornets weren't trying to win, and there was no priority for coming back to lose clipper games.

ihatetimthomas
07-03-2012, 05:07 AM

You got to overpay if you wan to pry RFA away from their teams. Its the nature of restricted free agency. If you pay them what they probably are truly worth, they get matched easily.

wagexslave
07-03-2012, 06:06 AM
The Suns have money to spend, I'd rather see it go to Gordon than just about anyone else on the free agency list right now. I don't think people understand how badly the Suns are in need of a good scoring SG. It's their biggest hole easily.

ihatetimthomas
07-03-2012, 06:38 AM
The Suns have money to spend, I'd rather see it go to Gordon than just about anyone else on the free agency list right now. I don't think people understand how badly the Suns are in need of a good scoring SG. It's their biggest hole easily.

The Suns have multiple holes all over their roster. Gortat is nice but after that its a bunch of role players. Their best player is Gortat and their second best player is who? Dudley?

Suns need to go for a guy like Gordon and if you over pay, so be it. They are headed to last in the league if they cant pull off some deals.

wagexslave
07-03-2012, 06:50 AM
The Suns have multiple holes all over their roster. Gortat is nice but after that its a bunch of role players. Their best player is Gortat and their second best player is who? Dudley?

Suns need to go for a guy like Gordon and if you over pay, so be it. They are headed to last in the league if they cant pull off some deals.
Yeah they have a lot of holes all over the roster, but they need someone who can score desperately more than anything. Their offensive system really emphasizes shooters, and we haven't had one that can carry the load for quite some time now. Our 2nd biggest hole is at PF IMO. Morris looked like he was going to be a solid player at the beginning of last year, but he really fell off over the course of the year. Frye is god awful and Warrick is useless. If we could get rid of them and sign an AT LEAST DECENT starting PF, I'd be happy. SF isn't that important right now, Dudley is a scrappy defender and serviceable enough on offense to continue to start.

Last year their bench really stepped it up in the 2nd half of the season and helped them claw back to a winning record, just barely. But with Nash and Hill leaving, they definitely need to sign some legit starting caliber players to take their place. A team can't rely on bench players outscoring/outdefending other bench players to have success.

I don't mind them giving Eric Gordon a big 4 year contract. He's the type of player we need. I've been telling people I hope they'd go out and get him this offseason for over a year now. I'm glad they're at least trying to do it after all.

GOBB
07-03-2012, 08:07 AM

What? First Eric Gordon is on a different level than Batum. Its not even up for discussion. Second regardless of Gordon getting max money? It doesnt even compare to waht Joe Johnson recieved nor what is remaining on his contract.

Its funny how you dont see that. :biggums:

miamiandorlando
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
that's allot of srilla

wagexslave
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
What? First Eric Gordon is on a different level than Batum. Its not even up for discussion. Second regardless of Gordon getting max money? It doesnt even compare to waht Joe Johnson recieved nor what is remaining on his contract.

Its funny how you dont see that. :biggums:
Seriously... how is a 58 million dollar contract comparable to a 118 million dollar contract? :oldlol:

Edit: My bad... 124 million :roll:

alenleomessi
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Why are people surprised of EJ getting a max?
Excluding his injuries he is a max-level player

bigwebb5000
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Hornets will match this very soon. Dude won't even pick out a locker in Phoenix.

SCdac
07-03-2012, 08:18 AM
He's more worth the max than almost every other FA, outside of the obvious (Deron, etc). Yeah, shouldn't surprise anybody. He'd be a good fit in PHX imo.

Pablooo5
07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh no! He'd be important part of the rebulding,coming back to life New Orleans Hornets assocation,with Anthony Davis.Perfect fit for Phx is Brandon Roy.Everyone knows why...

wally_world
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Would love to see him on the Suns, but Hornets will likely match

GOBB
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Seriously... how is a 58 million dollar contract comparable to a 118 million dollar contract? :oldlol:

Edit: My bad... 124 million :roll:

Heck look how much Joe Johnson has left on his deal. 4yrs about $90mil vs 4yrs $58mil.

tpols must be experiementing with bath salts. :coleman:

B-Easy8
07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Why are people surprised of EJ getting a max?
Excluding his injuries he is a max-level player

Excluding his injuries Oden is a max-level play too!:lebronamazed:

wagexslave
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Excluding his injuries Oden is a max-level play too!:lebronamazed:
Gordon = Proven scorer, often considered top 5 SG, very athletic, and Suns Medical Staff can help him stay in tip top shape. Just because he's had a few standard injuries doesn't mean it will plague him throughout his whole career. His body seems structurally sound enough to make whatever recoveries he needs and get back on the court.

Oden = Been in the league 5 years and I'm pretty sure he hasn't even played a half a regular season altogether in the NBA. His medical issues go far beyond just standard injuries. I'm pretty sure I read that one of his legs is longer than the other... the stability of his whole body is off balance. This will likely affect him for the rest of his life.

They're not even comparable IMO.

But this is coming from someone who knows from experience the difference between standard injuries and SERIOUS injuries/structural issues. I have had broken bones and sprains before as a kid, and they healed up nicely. But now I'm 22 and I already have Spinal Degeneration disease and multiple herniated discs + annular tears in the vertebrae throughout my lumbar. And it's not the same as when you were a kid you got a broken arm and the doctor just put a cast over it and you just hope it heals fast. No... I've been dealing with this crap for almost 2 years now doing physical therapy twice a week I've come to realize that nothing is going to fix it unless I get some kind of major surgery, like a spinal fusion or something. In the meantime, it's really held the progression of my life back. I can't even play a couple of hours of casual "pick-up" basketball before I'm completely stiff, practically crawling off the court in intense pain searching for my pain killers. Having structural issues sucks.

So in a way I kind of feel for Oden. I understand what it's like to have deep structural issues and have to constantly deal with pain and limitations. But the only difference is that he's making millions and millions of dollars while being injured and can afford to get whatever treatment he needs. While on the other hand I'm not making jack sh*t being injured right now and I can't afford to get any kind of advanced surgeries or treatment...

Crown&Coke
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Good job Stern, now NO has NOTHING.
For basketball reasons.

I hope so dearly.

But Stern is going to force NOLA to match, just so the deal doesn't look that terrible

Glad for EJ, he gonna ball outta control

irondarts
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm really not sure why people somehow think Gordon is going to sign with somebody beside the Hornets, the Hornets have said multiple times they will match any offer Gordon is given, even if it's a max offer.

wagexslave
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm really not sure why people somehow think Gordon is going to sign with somebody beside the Hornets, the Hornets have said multiple times they will match any offer Gordon is given, even if it's a max offer.
If that's the case, might as well make them eat their words and offer him like 20m/year so they have to match it :oldlol:

Rab
07-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't have a problem with the Suns paying Gordon that much. We need a go to scorer, and we need pieces to build on. Gordon would be a solid start.

Walker
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Don't like it. If they get Gordon and Beasley it'll likely have us sitting around (just below) 8th seed.
Yet another 13th/14th pick is pointless. I'd much prefer a full rebuild through picks.

GreatHILL
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
https://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws.com/b3e824f8c55711e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

:cheers:

DuMa
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
i thought you had to make a few all-star teams to be elgible for the max contract offer

Maniak
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Where'd you get that pic great?

wang4three
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't like this whole "if Batum is this, then EJ should be.." argument. What you're actually saying is "well if the Wolves are this dumb, then the Suns should be this dumb too." A player should be paid what he's worth not by what some other idiot team decided to do. This is how you get in trouble.

Haymaker
07-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Dragic and Gordon = Helluva duo.

chips93
07-03-2012, 06:48 PM
i thought you had to make a few all-star teams to be elgible for the max contract offer

from what i understand a max contract, just means that a player is being offered the maximum that is allowed.

but making all-star teams increases the amount of money that a player is allowed to make in his max contract.

Derrick
07-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Where'd you get that pic great?
Its on facebook

Dictator
07-03-2012, 06:59 PM
:wtf:

Maniak
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Its on facebook
Oh.