PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen to meet with Miami Heat on Thursday, Clippers Friday

All Net
07-03-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-ray-allen-s070312,0,2691742.story

zass
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-ray-allen-s070312,0,2691742.story

Ray Allen and Lewis meet again in Heat.

nice.

LBJDW305
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Allen get over here and get used to prime 112 with a couple new rings :hammertime: we got everything you want!

Nash
07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
This whole Ray losing a lot of money joining Miami could change. They could offer him the 9 million but only have him around for 2 seasons and then pay him off his 3rd. That would mean 2 years and 9 million.

Raz
07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
If he sells his soul to join the Heat, I wish him all the best until we face him in the playoffs and hammer him.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm starting to believe he might be leaving. If Boston's offering you the most money and that's where you want to be (in theory) why haven't you signed yet?

safiya123
07-03-2012, 11:18 AM
We want Ray in Miami.

Raz
07-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm starting to believe he might be leaving. If Boston's offering you the most money and that's where you want to be (in theory) why haven't you signed yet?

I think he feels slighted that we shopped him for Mayo, and I also think he is enjoying being recruited by these other teams. I can tell you right now though that he will not sign with the Clippers. No one wants to sign with that garbage franchise.

pegasus
07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Lebron needs all the help he can get. Not 1, not 2, not 3,... but 8 all-stars.

ihoopallday
07-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Still don't get why he wants to leave Boston. If he's still butthurt about being shopped around, then he needs to get over it. I'm sure everyone on that team was shopped around at some time last season. I don't want him in Miami. Yes he's a valuable player, but it just doesn't look right.

Raz
07-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Once they realize how bad Allen's defense is, I'm sure Heat fans will use him as a scapegoat. I'm also not looking forward to seeing Wade eye-balling him and yelling at him on the court.

I would love it if he left and then we won the 2012-13 championship without him. Way to rub it in his face, Elgin Baylor style.

Story Up
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Go to Clippers, Ray.
Then trade Griffin, Bledsoe and Jordan for Dwight and R.Anderson.
Re-sign Billups and sign Camby & Allen. Amazing team.

Dwight
Anderson
Butler
Allen
Paul

Bench: Odom, Young, Camby and Billups.

HOLY ****.

InfiniteBaskets
07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I still think Ray Allen pulling a Lamar Odom back in 04 / 05 off season. Threatened to leave LA to Miami, and then ended up getting more money offered.

Is it possible that Ainge will end up offering Allen even more than 2 years 12 million?

Raz
07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Is it possible that Ainge will end up offering Allen even more than 2 years 12 million?

No way. That's such a good deal for his age, and level of play.

ihoopallday
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I still think Ray Allen pulling a Lamar Odom back in 04 / 05 off season. Threatened to leave LA to Miami, and then ended up getting more money offered.

Didn't Odom get traded to LA in the Shaq deal in 04-05?

Mr. Incredible
07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Lebron needs all the help he can get. Not 1, not 2, not 3,... but 8 all-stars.let me tell you, Wade was such a superstar this year:rolleyes: . No Bosh for pivotal points in the playoffs. You sound so salty.,:lol

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Still don't get why he wants to leave Boston. If he's still butthurt about being shopped around, then he needs to get over it. I'm sure everyone on that team was shopped around at some time last season. I don't want him in Miami. Yes he's a valuable player, but it just doesn't look right.

I think he just might feel his role is too diminished. Even in Miami, Allen wouldn't start, but he'd be bigger for them than he probably would for Boston.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
let me tell you, Wade was such a superstar this year:rolleyes: . No Bosh for pivotal points in the playoffs. You sound so salty.,:lol

There's no point in arguing with people like that. Just complete morons.

Story Up
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
let me tell you, Wade was such a superstar this year:rolleyes: . No Bosh for pivotal points in the playoffs. You sound so salty.,:lol
LMFAOJames would be ringless if it's wasn't for Wade against Indiana!

Mr. Incredible
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
LMFAOJames would be ringless if it's wasn't for Wade against Indiana!:roll: :oldlol: :lol

ihoopallday
07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I think he just might feel his role is too diminished. Even in Miami, Allen wouldn't start, but he'd be bigger for them than he probably would for Boston.

Good point. He's done a lot for his legacy up to this point. Don't see what going to Miami will do for him. Maybe I'm just too into NBA rivalries. Lol Boston has killed us so many times in the playoffs, I don't want to see anyone from that team wearing a Heat jersey. I'm sure you guys also feel the same way about seeing a Heat player in a Celtics jersey.

All Net
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Get the feeling ray is still hurt over the trying to trade him, losing starting spot to Bradley... Miami need to be careful though not to wait on ray too long and lose out on camby.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Good point. He's done a lot for his legacy up to this point. Don't see what going to Miami will do for him. Maybe I'm just too into NBA rivalries. Lol Boston has killed us so many times in the playoffs, I don't want to see anyone from that team wearing a Heat jersey. I'm sure you guys also feel the same way about seeing a Heat player in a Celtics jersey.

If he can get another ring or two and push his 3 point makes up above 3,000, it'd be pretty big for his legacy. He'd be 500 makes ahead of Miller. You'd have to think that record would stand for awhile.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Get the feeling ray is still hurt over the trying to trade him, losing starting spot to Bradley... Miami need to be careful though not to wait on ray too long and lose out on camby.

I think they may have time. Camby probably waits to see what happens with Houston and they'll be waiting on Chicago matching their offer to Asik.

All Net
07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Celtics coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Sunday he thought it would be a "stretch" if free agent Ray Allen chose to sign with a team other than the Celtics....

When asked about his status on the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday, Rivers sounded much less confident.

lilgodfather1
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Ray Ray getting 15 open threes a game from LeGod, and DWade. Oh whats that Ray you shoot 40%+ on threes well here's the ball and go to work boy.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]Celtics coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Sunday he thought it would be a "stretch" if free agent Ray Allen chose to sign with a team other than the Celtics....

When asked about his status on the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday, Rivers sounded much less confident.

InfiniteBaskets
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Didn't Odom get traded to LA in the Shaq deal in 04-05?

From wikipedia

During the 2009 Los Angeles Lakers off-season as a free agent, Odom was courted heavily by the Miami Heat,[40] the team that traded him to the Lakers in 2004. Despite pleas from Miami guard Dwyane Wade[41] Kobe Bryant remained optimistic Odom would return to Los Angeles[42] to team up with newly acquired forward and Odom's fellow New Yorker, Ron Artest. After a month of tedious negotiations, on July 31, 2009 the Lakers announced that they had agreed to a four-year deal worth up to $33 million with Odom.[43] The investment would pay off as Odom would play a crucial role for the Lakers on the way to another NBA Championship, with the Lakers winning over the Boston Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals.[44]

That summer I remember Odom being very hesitant to sign with LA at first. We only had the MLE to offer down in Miami, but we promised him starter minutes and a bigger role than LA. But ultimately LA upped their offer and everything worked out for both Odom and LA in the end.

I think Ray is trying to do the same thing. He really doesn't want to leave Boston, but he wants to put a bit of pressure on Ainge as some method of payback for putting him on the trading block.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
That summer I remember Odom being very hesitant to sign with LA at first. We only had the MLE to offer down in Miami, but we promised him starter minutes and a bigger role than LA. But ultimately LA upped their offer and everything worked out for both Odom and LA in the end.

I think Ray is trying to do the same thing. He really doesn't want to leave Boston, but he wants to put a bit of pressure on Ainge as some method of payback for putting him on the trading block.

Very possible, but the situations are a bit different. Lamar never wanted to leave LA. Not the Lakers, the city. He said as much. Plus, Miami wasn't a contender then with Lamar and certainly not without.

Allen might just be trying to get a third year out of Boston, but the Clippers and Miami have more to offer than what Odom was looking at.

Mr. Incredible
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]Celtics coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Sunday he thought it would be a "stretch" if free agent Ray Allen chose to sign with a team other than the Celtics....

The_LA_Blakers
07-03-2012, 12:39 PM
From wikipedia

You (or whoever mentioned it first) said 04-05, not 09.

Man I hope Ray-Ray comes to MIA and Camby takes a nice low salary to get his own ring and Cleveland fans eat their crow by the spoon!

Story Up
07-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Man I hope Ray-Ray comes to MIA and Camby takes a nice low salary to get his own ring and Cleveland fans eat their crow by the spoon!

LOL how on earth do people respect LeFraud if this happens. Bad enough he colluded with Bosh and Wade, now they loading up talent for a dynasty run. Lmao

Dude has more help then probably Bill Russell. Lol

**** this bum, taking the easy way to win rings.
I pray Brooklyn breaks their little party be acquiring Dwight!

EllisGW
07-03-2012, 12:46 PM

why are a lot of republicans racist?

InfiniteBaskets
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah I made a mistake there. I thought it was earlier than 2009 since LeBron only joined in 2010 and I thought the whole Odom thing happened way earlier. I guess it worked in for Miami in the end that Odom didn't join, otherwise we wouldn't have had cap room for all three guys.

pauk
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
:applause:

Pushxx
07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
LOL how on earth do people respect LeFraud if this happens. Bad enough he colluded with Bosh and Wade, now they loading up talent for a dynasty run. Lmao

I pray Brooklyn breaks their little party be acquiring Dwight!

:wtf: Future negged.

Without Russell, the Celtics do jack squat. He won titles with several different casts of stars and role players. He won at everything at every level of his entire life, whether it was individual or team-oriented. Red drafted like a boss. Who do you think turned some of these players into hall of famers? Russell and Red.

I mean...shit...Russell coached his way to multiple championships WHILE PLAYING. Russell is the greatest winner in the history of sports.

Mr. Incredible
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM

I pray Brooklyn breaks their little party be acquiring Dwight!Brooklyn would still lose :oldlol:

LakersReign
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM

But remember now, he's supposedly on par with Jordan:roll:

Speaking of which. Seems Ray wants to "ring chase" now cuz he still remembers what Jordan told him about winning championships back in '08.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Ray Allen will be a member of the Heat. Only a matter of time.

Clippers are just as viable for him obviously. Both will be contenders long term but the Clippers offer him a bigger role and the Heat give him a better chance to go all the way. Donald Sterling+Vinny Del Negro are about to troll the Heat with their recruiting watch.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I have a question for you CBA junkies.

Let's say a team offers the MLE to multiple players. If all of them agree they want it... can you simply cancel the offer for all but the player you actually want before the deadline (11th)? I would assume so or there would be no point to offer sheets and that waiting period right?

Charlie Sheen
07-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I have a question for you CBA junkies.

Let's say a team offers the MLE to multiple players. If all of them agree they want it... can you simply cancel the offer for all but the player you actually want before the deadline (11th)? I would assume so or there would be no point to offer sheets and that waiting period right?
that would be a right good way to piss off players agents and screw ur franchise for years.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:18 PM
that would be a right good way to piss off players agents and screw ur franchise for years.

Then will the players/agents probably mull their offers and can they be told never mind we are going with Ray Allen? There has to be a way for the TEAM not just the player to pull out respectfully.

Charlie Sheen
07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Then will the players/agents probably mull their offers and can they be told never mind we are going with Ray Allen? There has to be a way for the TEAM not just the player to pull out respectfully.
what i think ur asking is sorta like the elton brand situation but a role reversal...u can offer whatever u want .. my thinkin the problem comes when both parties have agreement but one side says no thanks in the week before a deal can be signed cuz something better came around...thats shady business

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
what i think ur asking is sorta like the elton brand situation but a role reversal...u can offer whatever u want .. my thinkin the problem comes when both parties have agreement but one side says no thanks in the week before a deal can be signed cuz something better came around...thats shady business

So now that the Clippers have a scheduled meeting with Allen if they have any class they won't officially offer Crawford today? They will probably just tell him they are very interested and will get back to him this weekend. Again we're talking about Clippers management so never know :oldlol: .

All Net
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Clippers makes alot of sense for Ray from a starting and money standpoint. It's also not like they aren't going to be a player in the west next season. Could be a possible conference finals team.

Charlie Sheen
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
So now that the Clippers have a scheduled meeting with Allen if they have any class they won't officially offer Crawford today? They will probably just tell him they are very interested and will get back to him this weekend. Again we're talking about Clippers management so never know :oldlol: .
urgency my man... so many swingmen left on the market it wont force the clippers hand to offer anything firm at the metting, they can get in touch with his people over the next couple of days.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Clippers makes alot of sense for Ray from a starting and money standpoint. It's also not like they aren't going to be a player in the west next season. Could be a possible conference finals team.

Exactly. Sure he's giving up a little something in way of winning but shouldn't be giving up a lot. WCF this year, finals next year baby!

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
urgency my man... so many swingmen left on the market it wont force the clippers hand to offer anything firm at the metting, they can get in touch with his people over the next couple of days.

Yea they are talking with Terry and Jr Smith too. Remember though... this is the Clippers you're talking about. I can see them offering 3 offering sheets and canceling 2 like in my scenario :lol :lol . They are major player trolls.

All Net
07-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Exactly. Sure he's giving up a little something in way of winning but shouldn't be giving up a lot. WCF this year, finals next year baby!

The fact Clippers can offer 5 million starting salary could help alot.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 01:46 PM
The fact Clippers can offer 5 million starting salary could help alot.

Miami can only offer the mini mid?

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Miami can only offer the mini mid?

3 million per.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:01 PM
3 million per.

Yea that's mini mid. So Allen can get over 2 mill more per year and start. No brainer IMO since the Clippers are going to be legit title contenders with him.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:03 PM
We got Billups when the Heat fans were so sure they were getting him. We are about to do the same with Allen. Sterling is about to close a deal.

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Yea that's mini mid. So Allen can get over 2 mill more per year and start. No brainer IMO since the Clippers are going to be legit title contenders with him.

Depends on what role Miami offers him and how bad a championship means to him.

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Depends on what role Miami offers him and how bad a championship means to him.

The Heat: backup SG behind Dwyane Wade, might see 12-14 minutes a night.

The Celtics: possible starting job again, only time he didn't start was when he was injured.

The Clippers: starting job

The Grizzlies: backup SG behind Tony Allen, probably sees anywhere from 20-24 minutes a night depending on matchups.

All 4 teams have chance at championship so don't tell me its about what Ray Allen values more. Since they are all viable options for the championship, it's about who pays the most.

Nash
07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
We got Billups when the Heat fans were so sure they were getting him. We are about to do the same with Allen. Sterling is about to close a deal.
You stole him because he had no choice and Miami couldn't compete. Not because of him preferring Clippers over Miami.

C'mon son :coleman:

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
You stole him because he had no choice and Miami couldn't compete. Not because of him preferring Clippers over Miami.

C'mon son :coleman:

Miami about to get trolled 2nd time in back to back seasons by the Clippers. This time by a player CHOOSING them over Miami. Sterling is the best closer in the game son. :biggums:

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
If Allen says no they should offer Camby their mii MLE straight away.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
If Allen says no they should offer Camby their mii MLE straight away.

They are idiots for not doing that to begin with. Camby is a FAR bigger necessity for the Heat than Allen. With Camby the Heat wouldn't have a single obvious weakness. 3 straight titles if healthy.

DuMa

how were heat fans sure they could get billups? he was bid on by only under the cap teams after being amnestied. Heat were way over the cap last season and thus could not bid for Billups. thus had no hope of getting him.

what are you talking about?

Raz
Miami about to get trolled 2nd time in back to back seasons by the Clippers. This time by a player CHOOSING them over Miami. Sterling is the best closer in the game son. :biggums:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: *takes a breath* :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
They are idiots for not doing that to begin with. Camby is a FAR bigger necessity for the Heat than Allen. With Camby the Heat wouldn't have a single obvious weakness. 3 straight titles if healthy.

If Mike Miller/James Jones don't retire I would agree.

niko
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Celts out i think, signing Terry.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
how were heat fans sure they could get billups? he was bid on by only under the cap teams after being amnestied. Heat were way over the cap last season and thus could not bid for Billups. thus had no hope of getting him.

what are you talking about?

Billups was pushing for Heat hard... Heat fans assumed he would be theirs somehow or another. Sterling walked into the room and closed the deal, making Heat fans sad. Now they won the championship and got over the pain but if Sterling keeps grabbing players they want the resentment will start here on ISH. Sterling funna let loose on Miami.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/09/donald_sterling.jpg

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:28 PM
With Terry heading to Boston. Likely means he is heading to Miami or L.A.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Yup. Now Boston out of picture... down to the two teams destined to meet in the finals once or twice in the next 5 years.

Nash
How much can Clippers offer him?

ihoopallday
Billups was pushing for Heat hard... Heat fans assumed he would be theirs somehow or another. Sterling walked into the room and closed the deal, making Heat fans sad. Now they won the championship and got over the pain but if Sterling keeps grabbing players they want the resentment will start here on ISH. Sterling funna let loose on Miami.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/09/donald_sterling.jpg

Always liked your posts till like the last 2 pages. Did someone hack your account. Lol all of a sudden you're trolling on Miami.

StateOfMind12
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Yup. Now Boston out of picture.
They are not out of the picture yet.

If Ray chooses LAC, are both Foye and Billups going to be gone or just one of them?

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Always liked your posts till like the last 2 pages. Did someone hack your account. Lol all of a sudden you're trolling on Miami.

Sorry I wasn't more obvious. I'm just being a goof and playfully trolling man. I don't actually have a problem with Miami and was rooting for you guys this year :cheers: . Basically I'm talking trash insincerely so don't take me seriously.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:32 PM
They are not out of the picture yet.

If Ray chooses LAC, are both Foye and Billups going to be gone or just one of them?

Depends. Clippers are shooting for Allen/Billups. If Billups bails assuming they sign Allen... then Clippers will be forced to bring back Young or Foye. All depends on the players but Clippers priorities are...

1. Allen
2. Billups
3. Crawford
4. Young
5. Foye

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
With Terry heading to Boston. Likely means he is heading to Miami or L.A.

I think we're going to see Jamal Crawford on the Clippers and Ray Allen in Miami.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I think we're going to see Jamal Crawford on the Clippers and Ray Allen in Miami.

Well Clippers top priority is Allen. If they have a choice it's going to be Allen.

Killbot
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I still think Ray is going to stay in Boston. He just likes to look around and feel appreciated.

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Thats what I expect to be honest.

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Jamal Crawford makes most sense for Miami. He's the only one that can actually create his own shot when Wade and Lebron are on the bench. You wouldn't need to have one of Wade or Lebron in the game at all times anymore. Allen doesn't make sense since he can't create his own shot.

Kiddlovesnets
07-03-2012, 02:37 PM
I still think Ray is going to stay in Boston. He just likes to look around and feel appreciated.

Well NBA is all about business, Ray could have been traded from the Celtics 1-2 years ago if there were satisfactory offers. You cannot be certain of anything.

Nash
Sorry I wasn't more obvious. I'm just being a goof and playfully trolling man. I don't actually have a problem with Miami and was rooting for you guys this year :cheers: . Basically I'm talking trash insincerely so don't take me seriously.
I have to say, I do like you as a poster. You've made me like Clippers a bit and its cool to see your team finally turn this shit around and become relevant. I will be rooting for you guys in the West.

StateOfMind12
Crawford makes most sense for Miami. He's the only one that can actually create his own shot when Wade and Lebron are on the bench. Allen can't create his own shot.
^^ This guy is just scared that Miami is going to get better and LeBron might win another title so he is making up lies about Allen and Crawford so that the Heat will get the worse player instead.

:oldlol:

I think also because he doesn't want to be the type of person that joins them because he can't beat them. It is kind of a lame move to join the team that has knocked out of the playoffs for 2 straight seasons.

Nash
Jamal Crawford makes most sense for Miami. He's the only one that can actually create his own shot when Wade and Lebron are on the bench. You wouldn't need to have one of Wade or Lebron in the game at all times anymore. Allen doesn't make sense since he can't create his own shot.
You think Jamal is interested in receiving 9m for 3 years at this stage of his career?

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:38 PM
I have to say, I do like you as a poster. You've made me like Clippers a bit and its cool to see your team finally turn this shit around and become relevant. I will be rooting for you guys in the West.

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words... it's hard to come by nowadays on ISH. Apparently I'm now the most annoying troll in ISH history :confusedshrug: .

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
You think Jamal is interested in receiving 9m for 3 years at this stage of his career?

Nope, which is why I think he signs the full MLE deal with the Clippers.

Dwade305
Yup. Now Boston out of picture... down to the two teams destined to meet in the finals once or twice in the next 5 years.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
:roll: :roll: :roll:

2014 finals :cheers: .

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Well Clippers top priority is Allen. If they have a choice it's going to be Allen.

We'll see, but I think that's how it works out. Just seems like how it fits. Ray's not going back to Boston and have to split time with Terry and Bradley. Boston doesn't sign Terry unless they know Ray's out the door.

So the reports of him being set on leaving must have been true all along.

Miami's a better chance to get a ring, but the Clippers can offer a starting spot and a bit more money.

Should be interesting.

Killbot
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I think also because he doesn't want to be the type of person that joins them because he can't beat them. It is kind of a lame move to join the team that has knocked out of the playoffs for 2 straight seasons.

Yeah, he's going to be criticized whether he likes it or not.
His HOF career is not going to be impacted either way in Heat or Celtics, so why not finish your career as a Celtic to try and get your jersey raised to the rafters. I see less benefit with the Heat than the C's.

I hope Ray's OCD gets the best of him. Stick with Celtics while you still have your parking spot, your locker space, and your airplane seat. :oldlol:

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
We'll see, but I think that's how it works out. Just seems like how it fits. Ray's not going back to Boston and have to split time with Terry and Bradley. Boston doesn't sign Terry unless they know Ray's out the door.

So the reports of him being set on leaving must have been true all along.

Miami's a better chance to get a ring, but the Clippers can offer a starting spot and a bit more money.

Should be interesting.

:facepalm Quit spewing BS. Ray Allen would see 10-12 minutes behind Dwyane Wade.

In Boston, he's a starter again, or would be playing 20-24 minutes behind Bradley. Terry would be backing up Rondo.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Be a part of this brotherhood Ray! This is what Odom was talking about yesterday. He said teams around the league see how close the Clippers players are with each other.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1220/nba_a_clippers_d1_576.jpg

Nash
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
:facepalm Quit spewing BS. Ray Allen would see 10-12 minutes behind Dwyane Wade.

In Boston, he's a starter again, or would be playing 20-24 minutes behind Bradley. Terry would be backing up Rondo.
What are you talking about? 10-12 minutes? You think Miami won't utilize the best shooter in the history of the game? What is wrong with you? Have you seen their rotation last year? They had nobody they could trust from the bench.

Wade
Allen
Battier
Lebron
Bosh

Thats their small ball in the playoffs.

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Jamal struggled to get 2 years 5 mill last season. He knows his value isn't as good. 9m for 3 years is about his market value this offseason. He's not worth 5 mill per season anymore.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
What are you talking about? 10-12 minutes? You think Miami won't utilize the best shooter in the history of the game? What is wrong with you?

Wade
Allen
Battier
Lebron
Bosh

Thats their small ball in the playoffs.

Ray would play 20-25 minutes in Miami and closing most games.

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Allen would still play 25+mins I reckon in Miami.

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Delusional Lebron stans. How the hell is Ray Allen, an SG going to play 20-25 minutes when Wade plays 30-34 minutes every night. Are you guys going small ball for all 82 games next year?

:facepalm At least be realistic. Allen isn't playing out of position, he can't. He'd get 10-12 minutes behind Wade.

On the Clippers he'd get 28-30 minutes a night every night as a starter SG.

On the Grizzlies he'd get 20-24 minutes every night backing up Tony Allen as an SG.

On the Celtics he'd get 20-24 minutes every night either starting or backup on Bradley as an SG.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree with these guys. Allen WOULD still get 20-25 mins. He would be in the 6th man role which often times may only be a difference in 5 minutes a game from the starters.

TylerOO
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Be a part of this brotherhood Ray! This is what Odom was talking about yesterday. He said teams around the league see how close the Clippers players are with each other.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1220/nba_a_clippers_d1_576.jpg
Holy shit they are in a huddle! What a brotherhood they have!

Nash
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Absolutely will Ray get very much playing time in Miami. Their rotation during the playoffs was so small in these playoffs. Allen would be a welcome addition. There will be a lot of minutes divided by very few players in the small rotation Spo uses.

Saying all of this, I still can't see Ray ditching his friends KG and Pierce. Especially when they seem to have a much better and deeper team for next season, I guess he wants to have yet another last shot.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Allen would still play 25+mins I reckon in Miami.

One thing I think would actually really help Miami is that Wade could actually have to play less minutes. Miami having him coast and then play a bigger role in the second half might be the formula going forward. Allen is the kind of player that you'd almost build to play next to LeBron.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Holy shit they are in a huddle! What a brotherhood they have!

You ever watch the games bud? They are a very tight knit group. Off the court they can be seen all over the place... going to pro sport games, bowling, dinners. I'm not talking about two players but 5+. I just put a random picture to show them together, I understand a huddle doesn't mean much.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
http://rantsports.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/courtcrusades/files/2012/03/uspw_5984816.jpg

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/clippers06.jpg

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/10/40/41/2230378/3/628x471.jpg

It's a very very close group. I think you're downplaying that but it's important to some players. There was an article early this season comparing their off the court chemistry to the early 00's Kings.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Saying all of this, I still can't see Ray ditching his friends KG and Pierce. Especially when they seem to have a much better and deeper team for next season, I guess he wants to have yet another last shot.

It's just that it makes little sense to sign Terry if Boston thinks Allen is coming back. Talk about trying to find minutes for guys...

All Net
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
It's just that it makes little sense to sign Terry if Boston thinks Allen is coming back. Talk about trying to find minutes for guys...

even with Bradley out till dec, it simply won't please Ray.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Ya Ray is not going back to Celtics Nash even though it makes the most sense. Bradley is their future in their eyes and Allen knows this.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM

Rondo's getting 35-40 minutes. Bradley probably gets 25-30.

And here's the biggest thing to me, you don't sign either Allen or Terry without wanting them to be out there to close the game. That's part of their best attributes, especially Terry.

You know Boston is putting Rondo and Pierce out there, so which guy do you ask to sit on the bench when the game is being decided? Terry, one of the most clutch players in the league or Ray Allen, the best 3 point shooter maybe ever?

itsGameTime
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM

How did this Heat homer become a mod? Quit talking out of your ass like you're stating facts.

Ray would be starting until December, and maybe continue to start. I say this based on having actually watched the Celtics play for the past 5 years. The only time Bradley actually started was when Ray was injured.

Please, honor your duty as a mod and quit making such subjective statements sound as fact.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
How did this Heat homer become a mod? Quit talking out of your ass like you're stating facts.

Ray would be starting until December, and maybe continue to start. I say this based on having actually watched the Celtics play for the past 5 years. The only time Bradley actually started was when Ray was injured.

Please, honor your duty as a mod and quit making such subjective statements sound as fact.

Net is a great mod and a very fair poster. Quit acting like a dick.

Kiddlovesnets
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Well if I am correct, this mod is a Lakers fan?
:eek:

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
What this probably means really for Miami is that Joel Anthony gets very few minutes. Miami would go with a front court of mostly Bosh, Haslem, LeBron and Battier. This would basically mean that Battier would play his time at the 3 and the 4, not at the 2.

One of the most underrated aspects to Miami beating OKC was that they were able to put 5 offensive threats out on the floor at all times. This would allow them to do that consistently.

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:09 PM

:oldlol: please, acting like I'm not being objective here. I could care less where Ray signs. Him signing in Boston doesn't make any sense given the fact there will be hardly any minutes for him when Bradley returns. It's already been clear that Ray isn't happy with the way things have gone in Boston. If he signs back in Boston it makes no sense unless he wants to ride the bench and share time with Terry who will already be the back-up. If anything Ray signing in L.A makes the most sense. He can start, get good money and help make Clippers a contender.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:09 PM

So, then it's Bradley that gets his minutes squeezed? The guy that Celtics fans say would've swung the ECF?

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Well if I am correct, this mod is a Lakers fan?
:eek:

I wouldn't talk if I was you. Both of you are lucky you havn't been banned yet given your quailty of posts.

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Incorrect. This guy is just as much of a closet Heat fan as a Lakers fan. I didn't think something like that was even possible.

Is that why I was rooting for ther Thunder to win the finals and picked them in 6 games? please.

I call it how I see it. Thats the bottom line.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
If anything Ray signing in L.A makes the most sense. He can start, get good money and help make Clippers a contender.

I agree, but I still think he goes to Miami. I think those reports of him being set on going there were probably right and that the Clippers jumping in probably put a pause on things.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't talk if I was you. Both of you are lucky you havn't been banned yet given your quailty of posts.

Kidd is a very entertaining troll. He predicted the Clippers would get swept by Grizzlies... then after each game would change it to "Okay Grizzlies in 5 for sure!" "Grizzlies will win in 6 I'll bet anything!!!". Dude is a hardcore flip flopper and doesn't own up to any of his mistakes.

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Either way Clippers are in a good spot. They get Ray or Crawford. While Miami could come out empty handed.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Is that why I was rooting for ther Thunder to win the finals and picked them in 6 games? please.

I call it how I see it. Thats the bottom line.

You're just not anti-Heat. Which, for these guys, equates to being their fan.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Either way Clippers are in a good spot. They get Ray or Crawford. While Miami could come out empty handed.

If Griffin comes back better, they might be the team that comes out of the West.

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
You're just not anti-Heat. Which, for these guys, equates to being their fan.

Pretty much, it seems the theory is Laker fans can't be level headed towards to Heat and Lebron James. Which is idiotic. Oh well. If I really wanted to I would delete any posts that anybody says that state that I'm a closest Heat fan but I don't...as I don't have anything to hide. Lakers are my team but I love the NBA in general and don't have any agenda against any team.

anyway back on topic.

Nash
07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Ya Ray is not going back to Celtics Nash even though it makes the most sense. Bradley is their future in their eyes and Allen knows this.
Yeah, probably. But in all of this, I'm actually seeing Clippers become the favorites to sign Allen.. Why?

- They can offer him more money than Miami
- They can offer him a starting spot
- It won't be a controversial switch if he goes to Clippers. Going to Miami has been painted as the "dark side" and shit. Its safer and far away from Boston. No bad PR.
- Its Los Angeles. With New York easily the best places to be in the United States.
- Good team with a guy like CP3 and with an actual shot of going all the way. And with him on the team, their chances go up very quickly.
- And lastly, if he wins, it won't be because he ring chased on Lebron, Wade and Bosh's back. If Clippers wins he will be recognized for it..

So, I'd say its looking good for you and your fellow Clips fans.

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:18 PM
If Griffin comes back better, they might be the team that comes out of the West.

Indeed, Thunder/Clips could be the conference finals unless Mitch makes a move or two.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:22 PM
So, I'd say its looking good for you and your fellow Clips fans.

I agree with all the positives for the Clippers, but I still think he goes to Miami. If Allen wanted money, he would've went to Boston. They were offering more than the full mid level.

It's hard to look at the team that is a better organization and has the best player in the league and say no.

The Clippers MIGHT become serious contenders with Allen. Miami are without him. This should be fun.

itsGameTime
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
:oldlol: please, acting like I'm not being objective here. I could care less where Ray signs. Him signing in Boston doesn't make any sense given the fact there will be hardly any minutes for him when Bradley returns. It's already been clear that Ray isn't happy with the way things have gone in Boston. If he signs back in Boston it makes no sense unless he wants to ride the bench and share time with Terry who will already be the back-up. If anything Ray signing in L.A makes the most sense. He can start, get good money and help make Clippers a contender.

Are you Ray Allen? Are you Ray Allen's agent? Then how do you post what is a definitive subjective opinion and have it come off as fact? As a moderator, should you not be unbiased? Ray Allen would not be pleased to have a starting gig until at least December in Boston really? Ray would likely never have a starting gig in Miami over Dwyane Wade. How does that even contribute to discussion, besides an obvious biased attempt at pooling for Allen to Miami?

And let's not pretend that you don't care about where Ray Allen signs. A quick search through this thread reveals at least 20 posts by you alone repeatedly suggesting Miami, Miami, Miami.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Indeed, Thunder/Clips could be the conference finals unless Mitch makes a move or two.

At this point, keep Bynum and trade Gasol for some pieces. I'd stay away from that whole Howard soap opera. It just feels like it's going to end badly no matter what.

Inactive
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Delusional Lebron stans. How the hell is Ray Allen, an SG going to play 20-25 minutes when Wade plays 30-34 minutes every night. Are you guys going small ball for all 82 games next year?

:facepalm At least be realistic. Allen isn't playing out of position, he can't. He'd get 10-12 minutes behind Wade.

On the Clippers he'd get 28-30 minutes a night every night as a starter SG.

On the Grizzlies he'd get 20-24 minutes every night backing up Tony Allen as an SG.

On the Celtics he'd get 20-24 minutes every night either starting or backup on Bradley as an SG.At the very least he would get Mike Miller's 20 mpg, and a few of James Jones' 13 mpg on the Heat. He wouldn't just be coming in to back up Wade. I'm sure we'd see Wade/Allen/James/Bosh/Center, Wade/Allen/Battier/James/Bosh, etc., on top of the 13 or 14 minutes he'd spend replacing Wade.

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Are you Ray Allen? Are you Ray Allen's agent? Then how do you post what is a definitive subjective opinion and have it come off as fact? As a moderator, should you not be unbiased? Ray Allen would not be pleased to have a starting gig until at least December in Boston really? Ray would likely never have a starting gig in Miami over Dwyane Wade. How does that even contribute to discussion, besides an obvious biased attempt at pooling for Allen to Miami?

And let's not pretend that you don't care about where Ray Allen signs. A quick search through this thread reveals at least 20 posts by you alone repeatedly suggesting Miami, Miami, Miami.

I don't need to know him to make that statement. Ray Allen has already hintes he wasn't pleased with being benched in favour of Bradley or the fact he has been linked to being traded. With Terry not there? it isn't an issue as he would still get minutes but with Terry there he will simply not get enough mins.

Could Ray still return to Boston? sure but it doesn't make sense for him from a playing point of view.

I have said alot that Ray to Miami seems more likely to me but that was before the Clippers came into play. If I was Ray I would sign for L.A. He gets everything he wants there. Playing time, money and more glory.

If I made it seem like I know what Ray is thinking or that it comes off a different way I'm sorry but it doesn't make alot of sense for Ray to return to Boston. If he does then it says he is more about winning and team play than minutes. I never said Ray back to Boston is impossible as it is but just to me seems unlikely...doesn't mean it won't happen.

I have thought Ray is more likely to head to Miami based on what people said all summer but that doesn't mean I think that is the best spot for him.

LakersReign
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Pretty much, it seems the theory is Laker fans can't be level headed towards to Heat and Lebron James. Which is idiotic. Oh well. If I really wanted to I would delete any posts that anybody says that state that I'm a closest Heat fan but I don't...as I don't have anything to hide. Lakers are my team but I love the NBA in general and don't have any agenda against any team.

anyway back on topic.

It may very well be an idiotic theory. But that doesn't stop them from desperately trying to sell it. Remember how many useless threads there were after the Heat won the title. Telling Laker/Kobe fans how so supposedly "scared" we supposedly were? It's what they have to tell themselves to make themsleves feel better. Bandwagon Lebron fans aka Lebronytes are always the ones trying to project their insecurity crap on other people, especially Laker fans. Post a simple thread about Kobe and they run in with all kinds of unrelated bullcrap. Then turn right around and try to say other fans AREN'T level headed:facepalm

All Net
07-03-2012, 03:56 PM
does this take the Clippers out of the running?

According to Broderick Turner from latimes.com:
The Clippers plan to offer Crawford the mid-level exception that starts at $5 million. The Clippers are willing to offer Crawford, a 6-foot-5 guard, at least a three-year deal, sources said. The Clippers also are planning to offer a contract to Chauncey Billups, sources said. Billups, who is recovering from a torn left Achilles’ tendon injury, will get a one-year offer from the Clippers for about $4 million, sources said.

makes no sense..why offer Crawford first?

Hope for clips sake they wait.

livinglegend
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
:facepalm Some people really think that Allen would get 10-12 min. in Miami.
Miller averaged 19MPG and they think Allen would only get 10-12. WOW

DaSeba5
07-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Why would the best 3 point shooter in history get less than 20 min a game? :lol

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]does this take the Clippers out of the running?

According to Broderick Turner from latimes.com:
The Clippers plan to offer Crawford the mid-level exception that starts at $5 million. The Clippers are willing to offer Crawford, a 6-foot-5 guard, at least a three-year deal, sources said. The Clippers also are planning to offer a contract to Chauncey Billups, sources said. Billups, who is recovering from a torn left Achilles

All Net
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
That was yesterday before Allen agreed to meet with Clippers friday. Nothing is binding today anyways until the 11th so Clippers can back out of any offer and choose Ray Allen and they will if he agrees.

They would lose respect if they did back out of any deal but Ray to L.A does make the most sense.

itsGameTime
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
They would lose respect if they did back out of any deal but Ray to L.A does make the most sense.

Another example of you jumping the gun. Planning to offer isn't the same thing as making an offer.

All Net
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Another example of you jumping the gun. Planning to offer isn't the same thing as making an offer.

Which is why I said hopefully they wait before making him an offer. Crawford will be a good back-up option for them. Eithe way they should get somebody to fill a need at SG wether it's Allen or Crawford.

DTreats
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
It's insane how LeBron has always talked shit about Ray Allen and now he's begging for him to join his team. Classic.

Derka
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
WTF, stripped of his starting job? He was bloody injured. Are all Miami reporters this stupid?

DuMa
07-03-2012, 05:17 PM
It's insane how LeBron has always talked shit about Ray Allen and now he's begging for him to join his team. Classic.

what? give me some quotes. i only remember him speaking nothing but great things about the celtics and using them as the main reason why he left cleveland in the first place to gain a competitive advantage.

PJR
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Every agent I Know is thru the CAA circle are CERTAIN Ray will sign with Miami. Just a little FYI.

DaSeba5
07-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Every agent I Know is thru the CAA circle are CERTAIN Ray will sign with Miami. Just a little FYI.

Yah I haven't heard anyone say it's unlikely he'll come to Miami yet.

veilside23
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
better team for ray allen would be the clippers .. but of course celtics would still be the best :D

Faptastrophe
07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm sure that Pat Riley can be quite persuasive.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/351/917/pat_riley_magneto_display_image.jpg