PDA

View Full Version : The Nets Will Finish Better Than The Knicks This Year

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
It's my bold prediction, save and bump this if you want. Knicks are playing with fire by letting Lin roam around and get offers and they already are going to lose Landry Fields. Jr Smith wants to return but if he doesn't that means they have no SG's really until Shumpert returns. Then you factor in their best defender Shump being out most of the season.

D Will
JJ
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

6th man: Marshon Brooks

VS

Lin?
?
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Nets will win 48 games, Knicks will win 43.

Alex Kennedy Hoopsworld: "Houston's offer to Jeremy Lin may be three years, $24 mil or four years, $32 mil. It'll likely be backloaded, to steal him from NY."

niko
07-03-2012, 07:05 PM
We can match any Lin offer and we are not cheapasses like your team. Why do we lose him?

WeGetRing2012
07-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I really want Nash to go to the Knicks. Just so the East can be somewhat interesting.

But the Celtics are the best team in the East right now anyway.

Richesly
07-03-2012, 07:06 PM
We can match any Lin offer and we are not cheapasses like your team. Why do we lose him?

I thought you had became a Nets fan. What happened?

Clippersfan86

With Lin I predict Nets finish better, Without maybe no playoffs. Not making fun of Knicks.. just think Nets roster is filling in better :cheers: .

DaSeba5
I really want Nash to go to the Knicks. Just so the East can be somewhat interesting.

:biggums:

Richesly
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM

oh god

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Saved.

And why are you putting Humphries on the Nets roster, but not filling out the Knicks roster?

Knicks will be:
Lin
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Chandler

bench: Novak, JR Smith most likely.

Only way the Nets are better is if they get Dwight.

LosBulls
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Wait wait wait... aren't you a Nets fan?

Richesly
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Saved.

And why are you putting Humphries on the Nets roster, but not filling out the Knicks roster?

Knicks will be:
Lin
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Chandler

knicks suck

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Saved.

Knicks will be:
Lin
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Humphries is drawing zero free agency talk, Nets expected to bring him back. Even if both teams have their best... Shump won't be back till playoffs if that. So we are talking about...

Deron
JJ
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Lin
Smith
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Nets are better. More balance, better mix of players. I'd take the Nets roster without thinking twice.

niko
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Wait wait wait... aren't you a Nets fan?
No, I just like free agent news and I knew deron was staying. I say what i think, not just propaganda for my team.

I clearly don't think nets get Howard for example.

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
With Lin I predict Nets finish better, Without maybe no playoffs. Not making fun of Knicks.. just think Nets roster is filling in better :cheers: .

Carmelo has never missed the playoffs in his life, and the East has gotten weaker except the Heat. They went 18-6 down the stretch with Woodson as coach, and 7-1 with Lin, Melo, and Amare in the lineup with Woodson.

I get it. You still think D'Antoni is the coach or something. Makes sense now.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Deron+JJ+Wallace+Lopez>>>>>>>>>>Amare+Melo+Chandler+Lin. Such a nice mix of 4 players. They just need to be healthy and they can definitely be the 3 seed while Knicks finish 6.

All Net
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Lin makes the Knicks too much money to not keep him.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Carmelo has never missed the playoffs in his life, and the East has gotten weaker except the Heat. They went 18-6 down the stretch with Woodson as coach, and 7-1 with Lin, Melo, and Amare in the lineup with Woodson.

I get it. You still think D'Antoni is the coach or something. Makes sense now.

You're right.. east did get much worse. No playoffs in west, 6th or 7th seed in east. Congrats.

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
You're right.. east did get much worse. No playoffs in west, 6th or 7th seed in east. Congrats.

Knicks are top 3 in the east next year.

niko
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
So which knick fan insulted you to start this butthurt thread?

IGOTGAME
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
why is this a bold prediction?

Shumpert is likely not coming back the same, Amare and Melo still don't fit.

On the other hand Brooklyn has a elite pg and scorer in Dwill who is gonna revitalize JJ's career.

DaSeba5
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
The Knicks don't fit.

Lin has yet to play a full season, Melo is a iso chucker, and there's no spacing between Amare and Chandler. Plus Shumpert has that injury.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
why is this a bold prediction?

Shumpert is likely not coming back the same, Amare and Melo still don't fit.

On the other hand Brooklyn has a elite pg and scorer in Dwill who is gonna revitalize JJ's career.

We agree for first time in 6th months.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
So which knick fan insulted you to start this butthurt thread?

Saw the Deron signing and have been saying last 2 days how legit Nets roster is shaping up. No emotion in this opinion from me (rare I know). I just laugh that people keep hyping Knicks while it's the Nets building a legit heavyweight right now and that can make more noise in the east with a more balanced/better roster.

So rather than this being about the Knicks for me... it's about the Nets.

niko
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Saw the Deron signing and have been saying last 2 days how legit Nets roster is shaping up. No emotion in this opinion from me (rare I know). I just laugh that people keep hyping Knicks while it's the Nets building a legit heavyweight right now and that can make more noise in the east with a more balanced/better roster.

Generally it's about you saying something dumb and arguing with people.

NuggetsFan
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM

Nonsense. Tis trolling to suggest NJ is better :no:

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Knicks are top 3 in the east next year.
That is definitely going to happen. I think two only if the nets don't get d12. Chicago is done because rose is gone until January. Pacers lose Hibbert. Orlando is done. Hawks are not there yet. So it's between nets knocks and celtics for that second spot and I think the knicks get it.

niko
07-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Nonsense. Tis trolling to suggest NJ is better :no:
I'm sorry, are you implying Clipperfan86 is like this knowledgable poster with no agenda? :lol

If you post this same thread ill respond with normal discussion. Not him though.

NuggetsFan
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry, are you implying Clipperfan86 is like this knowledgable poster with no agenda? :lol

If you post this same thread ill respond with normal discussion. Not him though.

Not at all. Find it funny whenever he makes a thread somebody just goes off on him :oldlol:

niko
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Not at all. Find it funny whenever he makes a thread somebody just goes off on him :oldlol:
:D Haha...

All the teams that can make fun of mine are getting players. Waiting on Nuggets to trade Gallo for Howard. :facepalm

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Ever hear of motive? I have nothing at all invested in either team and have never rooted for either (well I liked Kidd/Kmart/Jefferson Nets that's about it). I'm looking at this purely from a basketball opinion and trying to figure out why Nets aren't getting more hype/praise than Knicks when they are building the better product. Future is very bright for this team, even if most of the core is in their late 20's.

I think Deron will really bring out the best in JJ.

Blue&Orange
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
We agree for first time in 6th months.
Knicks... Bringing rednecks together.

NuggetsFan
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
:D Haha...

All the teams that can make fun of mine are getting players. Waiting on Nuggets to trade Gallo for Howard. :facepalm

I wish.

Never realized how wide open the East is till now tho. If Indy loses Hibbert, Hawks continue to blow it up etc. NY, NJ have a shot to finish higher up. Celtics, NY, NJ, Philly are really the only teams that'll fight for the top 3 after Miami.

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
This prediction's about as bold as predicting that you'll have the shits after eating fajitas.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:30 PM
This prediction's about as bold as predicting that you'll have the shits after eating fajitas.

LMFAO! :roll: :roll:

alenleomessi
07-03-2012, 07:32 PM
both first round exits

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
This thread has all the haters in one neat spot.

Will bump this thread all year long.

LikeABosh
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Finishing better than the Knicks is like beating an amputee in a foot race.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM

I'll bump it for you when the Nets are 5-10 games over .500 better all year long. 3 seed in the east, Knicks 6 seed.

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM

How? I just said that the Knicks or Nets will get that second overall spot.

chips93
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I think Deron will really bring out the best in JJ.

ill be interested to see what joe looks like when he is the second guy on his team, and doesnt have to carry an offense

Clippersfan86
How? I just said that the Knicks or Nets will get that second overall spot.

If Knicks get the 2 seed I'll never return to ISH. You guys have my word. Sorry but that's a VERY safe bet for me.

MisterAmazing

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:38 PM
ill be interested to see what joe looks like when he is the second guy on his team, and doesnt have to carry an offense

Yup. First time playing next to a legit superstar who can score 25 at any time. He will get to be an off the ball player and get more open looks.

D12"Magic"
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
The East is Wide Open I dont care if Knicks are #2 and we are #3, Nets are relevant now :cheers:

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2012, 07:41 PM
If Knicks get the 2 seed I'll never return to ISH. You guys have my word. Sorry but that's a VERY safe bet for me.
If they start going through the injury cycle again they are done. It could be very difficult for every Knicks player to remain healthy for an entire season.

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 07:42 PM

Hear that everyone?

Quoting in case you delete it.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:43 PM
If they start going through the injury cycle again they are done. It could be very difficult for every Knicks player to remain healthy for an entire season.

Shumpert was their only perimeter defender. Imagine how much teams are going to shit on Lin/Jr Smith??? Shump was a big part of the team and may not even return in time for playoffs. We know Melo/Amare are just simply a bad fit. Chandler is good but he will be 30 now.

Freedom Kid7
Bookmarked. There will be problems with the Nets even if all the trades go the right way.

NuggetsFan

Kinda like when everybody bumped all the crazy shit NY fans said this year?

Where's the haters at? Majority of the people in here haven't even said anything that crazy. Are you a hater if you think NJ is the better team? Get over it. It's not being a hater to think NY may not win the championship or finish as the 2nd seed. I know. Crazy.

I think NY will be fine if they stay healthy. Finish anywhere from 2-5 in the East.

veilside23
07-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Bookmarked. There will be problems with the Nets even if all the trades go the right way.

deron with a bunch of scrubs without lopez beat ny in their home court :D

Jeremy Lin who ?

DaSeba5
Weren't the Knicks predicted to be a top 3 team in the east last season? How did that work out?

Sarcastic
Shumpert was their only perimeter defender. Imagine how much teams are going to shit on Lin/Jr Smith??? Shump was a big part of the team and may not even return in time for playoffs. We know Melo/Amare are just simply a bad fit. Chandler is good but he will be 30 now.

Shumpert is scheduled to come back in December or January.

chips93
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Hear that everyone?

Quoting in case you delete it.

you're taking this far too seriously

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Shumpert is scheduled to come back in December or January.

You realize ACL/MCL tears are serious right? Bledsoe came back from a minor MCL tear at end of February and he wasn't even able to play really till mid March due to swelling/soreness. Shump's injury is much worse... so if they say back in January, expect February at the EARLIEST.

wang4three
07-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Off-season is not over.

alwaysunny
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
You realize ACL/MCL tears are serious right? Bledsoe came back from a minor MCL tear at end of February and he wasn't even able to play really till mid March due to swelling/soreness. Shump's injury is much worse... so if they say back in January, expect February at the EARLIEST.

Didn't you say you tore your ACL recently? If so how you doing?

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Didn't you say you tore your ACL recently? If so how you doing?

Ended up being MCL tear+ACL pull. So I lucked out BIG TIME. I'm about 90 percent after a few re-injuries. Whenever it felt better I would stop being cautious and hurt again. Been hiking and swimming to rehab and it's working. It's been almost 3 months now.

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 07:54 PM
It's astonishing how many people truly believe that somehow the Knicks are going to be a great team, after they were battling with the Bucks for the 8th seed last season.

Shepseskaf
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Lin makes the Knicks too much money to not keep him.
I keep seeing people saying this, but how true is it? Would Lin make the Knicks more money then Carmelo does?

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM

He didn't tear his MCL.

AK47DR91
07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
I keep seeing people saying this, but how true is it? Would Lin make the Knicks more money then Carmelo does?
Melo has never been a superstar that had any major market value whatsoever.
I had a deal with Jordan's but I don't think that was ever popular.

And to answer your question, yes. I remember during the height of Linsanity, the Knicks added numerous broadcasting deals with the Taiwanese and Chinese sport media networks.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
He didn't tear his MCL.

ACL tears are significantly worse than MCL so even if it was just ACL don't expect him back on time.

tpols
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
In all honesty, people are undervalueing the impact of Brook Lopez. Hes a legit 20ppg scorer who is going to see a lot of single coverage and wide open shots. JJ will put Deron back in his natural state of play as well..

The Ownage
07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
It's certainly possible. Given the inconsistency the Knicks have shown and the players Nets have acquired, it can happen. There's no definite answer as to who will have a better season. But I'm sure both will have similar winning records.

In all honesty, people are undervalueing the impact of Brook Lopez. Hes a legit 20ppg scorer who is going to see a lot of single coverage and wide open shots. JJ will put Deron back in his natural state of play as well..
Very true. Not a 20ppg scorer but his offensive arsenal can allow him to drop big points on certain nights, especially with Deron controlling the offense. His lack of rebounding will hurt but it should be compensated by Wallace/Evans/Humphries.

Billy King's moves may not look impressive now. But if he can bring in solid role players he can make this team impressive, even without Dwight.

RRR3
07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
It's astonishing how many people truly believe that somehow the Knicks are going to be a great team, after they were battling with the Bucks for the 8th seed last season.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bxv_jA-fPPM/Tbj3so9hYuI/AAAAAAAALhg/Z8TMWHX-IFo/s400/carmelodatazz-gif-1.png

BlackVVaves
07-03-2012, 08:56 PM

You say that about things all the time though.

:confusedshrug:

Blue&Orange
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
lol the denial on this dude...

I think you are mistaking every expert taking the Bucks over the Knicks, pointing out how gruesome the Knicks schedule was, with... the Knicks easily securing the playoffs behind the second best record in the NBA with Woodson and Bucks ending up fighting with the Sixers...

lol Astonishing :facepalm

Knicks starting five played 7 games together all season.

Mirko Cro Cop
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM

:lol

:biggums:

:yaohappy:

MeLO MvP 15
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Has nobody learned anything?

More times than not, just adding talent together doesn't work. Brooklyn will be good, but they won't be really good for a year or two. Also, I still don't see their ceiling being much higher than the Hawks we've seen. Sure they got DWill, but those Hawks had much more depth.

And btw, the Knicks are purposely letting Lin roam around to get offers to determine his market value. Grunwald hasn't made an offer yet and told him to go out and see what he can get, they'll match ANYTHING. We're also not out of the running for Nash (if he's waiting so we can't sign and trade like reported, then we're obviously the favorites) and if not Nash then their are plenty of other guys we can add. Right now we have a bunch of scraps (unguaranteed deals, TD and cash) that could be turned into a major contributor and the tax payer's MLE. We can also re-sign all of our guys (besides Landry most likely because we're not gonna match that insane offer) and get a full training camp and season under Woodson.

The Knicks will win at least 50 games and get homecourt, book it. SAVE/BOOKMARK this thread. The Nets will probably get like 43-48.

Nets fan 93
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM

More times than not, just adding talent together doesn't work. Brooklyn will be good, but they won't be really good for a year or two. Also, I still don't see their ceiling being much higher than the Hawks we've seen. Sure they got DWill, but those Hawks had much more depth.

And btw, the Knicks are purposely letting Lin roam around to get offers to determine his market value. Grunwald hasn't made an offer yet and told him to go out and see what he can get, they'll match ANYTHING. We're also not out of the running for Nash (if he's waiting so we can't sign and trade like reported, then we're obviously the favorites) and if not Nash then their are plenty of other guys we can add. Right now we have a bunch of scraps (unguaranteed deals, TD and cash) that could be turned into a major contributor and the tax payer's MLE. We can also re-sign all of our guys (besides Landry most likely because we're not gonna match that insane offer) and get a full training camp and season under Woodson.

The Knicks will win at least 50 games and get homecourt, book it. SAVE/BOOKMARK this thread. The Nets will probably get like 43-48.
Boston 2008

Y2Gezee
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Melo has never been a superstar that had any major market value whatsoever.
I had a deal with Jordan's but I don't think that was ever popular.

And to answer your question, yes. I remember during the height of Linsanity, the Knicks added numerous broadcasting deals with the Taiwanese and Chinese sport media networks.
its amazing stupid things people say and try to pass off as facts. Melo is a brand all his own

tpols
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM

It doesnt work when you put Carmelo Anthony together with Amare Stoudemire because one is an isolation scorer and the other is used to recieving the ball in his spots off the PnR or isoing from the high post. If you look at the talent make-up of the knicks its..

80% scoring
10% Passing
10% defense and rebounding (solely because of Chandler:oldlol: )

Thats not a cohesive group and weve seen the chemistry issues on full display.

The Nets have a premier playmaker in Deron, two premier scorers in JJ and Brook, and a bunch of 10 rpg/defense/hustle guys in Reggie, Humphries and Wallace. Their talent is VERY diversified which will make for a much easier, more natural transition when it comes to their chemistry.

If you were to swap Melo and Deron on these two teams, two equally talented players in my eyes, the Nets get FAR worse and the Knicks get far better because NY would have a playmaker to balance out their abundance of scoring, and NJ would be left with nobody to consistently move the ball and make plays on the perimeter.

Scoooter
07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
As is the Nets could be nasty. If they somehow pull off Dwight, they could be unstoppable.

JtotheIzzo
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM

err...no...

Heavincent
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
That's not saying much.

But my Nets are finally decent again :rockon:

ClutchOver9000
07-04-2012, 02:07 AM
bookmarked. saved.

Notitlesince73
07-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Its too early IMO. Got to see if they can keep lopez

Sarcastic
07-04-2012, 02:41 AM
bookmarked. saved.

Jeff, petition to sticky?

Freedom Kid7
07-04-2012, 03:47 PM
deron with a bunch of scrubs without lopez beat ny in their home court :D

Jeremy Lin who ?
That is true, but he'd have to play at an incredibly high level consistently to get above .500. Granted, he's gonna have help now and all, but it'll take time to mesh, and the bench is going to be terrible. I mean, I think the Nets'll make the playoff next year, but not as a 4 seed, but as an 8 or 7 seed.

D12"Magic"
07-04-2012, 04:00 PM
That is true, but he'd have to play at an incredibly high level consistently to get above .500. Granted, he's gonna have help now and all, but it'll take time to mesh, and the bench is going to be terrible. I mean, I think the Nets'll make the playoff next year, but not as a 4 seed, but as an 8 or 7 seed.
There is still time to fill out the bench

Nets as of now have Brooks,Teletovic and Evans off the bench. That is not bad at all.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Looks like OP spoke too soon again. :oldlol:

If the Knicks get Nash, that levels the playing field.

Freedom Kid7
07-04-2012, 04:11 PM
There is still time to fill out the bench

Nets as of now have Brooks,Teletovic and Evans off the bench. That is not bad at all.
That's not awful but that's still not all that great. My point though is that with Billy King and his moves, the team will be focused on the starting 5 and not all that much on the bench. The starting five will take a while to mesh. It took a while for the Heat to mesh too (they started 9 to 8), granted after that slow start they picked it up well. Becoming a team and meshing takes time,it rarely ever takes a year

D12"Magic"
07-04-2012, 04:14 PM
That's not awful but that's still not all that great. My point though is that with Billy King and his moves, the team will be focused on the starting 5 and not all that much on the bench. The starting five will take a while to mesh. It took a while for the Heat to mesh too (they started 9 to 8), granted after that slow start they picked it up well. Becoming a team and meshing takes time,it rarely ever takes a year
Your right Nets are gonna have to mesh, I see your point.

If Knicks get Nash they will have to gel to.

Teams now get a full training camp this year unlike last year, so that should help.

I dont think there will be a huge disparity between the two teams.

Freedom Kid7
07-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Your right Nets are gonna have to mesh, I see your point.

If Knicks get Nash they will have to gel to.

Teams now get a full training camp this year unlike last year, so that should help.

I dont think there will be a huge disparity between the two teams.
Good point actually, the training camps'll be pretty important and NY will need to mesh too assuming Nash goes there. Is it a guarantee at this point Nash'll skip Toronto and go to NY? You're probably right too the disparity will be small.

D12"Magic"
07-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Good point actually, the training camps'll be pretty important and NY will need to mesh too assuming Nash goes there. Is it a guarantee at this point Nash'll skip Toronto and go to NY? You're probably right too the disparity will be small.
Nah, its not a guarantee but it is looking likely.

Graviton
12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
CF86 stop making prediction threads, you are s ****in terrible Negrodamus.

I still remember your "John Wall WILL be better than Derrick Rose" thread, right before Rose won MVP and All NBA 1st team lol.

Predict Clippers beating OKC in the playoffs so I can sleep in peace. You are the konex curse of predictions.

Blue&Orange
12-12-2012, 08:58 AM
i can accept the nets over Knicks, but Knicks with 43 wins :lol

bluechox2
12-12-2012, 09:23 AM
:lol he had the clippers at 150 wins, so :confusedshrug:

Blue&Orange
12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
GOAT season :lol

Sarcastic
12-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Knicks 5 games up in the division.

:pimp:

qrich
12-16-2012, 02:11 AM

Only 141 more in a row to go :rockon:

Patrick Chewing
12-16-2012, 02:15 AM
It's my bold prediction, save and bump this if you want. Knicks are playing with fire by letting Lin roam around and get offers and they already are going to lose Landry Fields. Jr Smith wants to return but if he doesn't that means they have no SG's really until Shumpert returns. Then you factor in their best defender Shump being out most of the season.

D Will
JJ
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

6th man: Marshon Brooks

VS

Lin?
?
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Nets will win 48 games, Knicks will win 43.

Alex Kennedy Hoopsworld: "Houston's offer to Jeremy Lin may be three years, $24 mil or four years, $32 mil. It'll likely be backloaded, to steal him from NY."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 02:26 AM
I was wrong and admitted it in other threads. No shame in it though because most others thought Nets would be better too. Bottom line is Knicks are making a believer out of everybody and deserve props.

knickswin
12-16-2012, 02:29 AM
I thought the Nets would be better too...

it was hard to predict the knicks would be this good. Knicks aren't great on paper, but they play great. so far, they're one of those teams that, because of synergy, is greater than the sum of its parts

Sarcastic
12-16-2012, 02:57 AM
I was wrong and admitted it in other threads. No shame in it though because most others thought Nets would be better too. Bottom line is Knicks are making a believer out of everybody and deserve props.

That's ok. It's no sweat reminding you of your silly prediction all year long.

Graviton
12-16-2012, 03:01 AM
That's ok. It's no sweat reminding you of your silly prediction all year long.
He is Konex light with his predictions.

Someone bump some of his other prediction threads.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 03:32 AM
I thought the Nets would be better too...

it was hard to predict the knicks would be this good. Knicks aren't great on paper, but they play great. so far, they're one of those teams that, because of synergy, is greater than the sum of its parts

Very true and again why my prediction, while absolutely wrong wasn't unreasonable or me trolling or something. If anybody was told prior to this year that Amare was going to be out all year and the Knicks were going to start the year 16-5 or w/e I guarantee even Knicks fans would have called bullshit. Leave it to guys like Sarcastic though to act like he knew it all along :oldlol: .

ClutchOver9000
12-16-2012, 03:49 AM
I remember bookmarking this thread...lol.

Guess I'm in the minority then because although I didn't expect the Knicks to be playing this well, I knew the Nets weren't gonna be as good as advertised (though they are an improved team).

I was also quite confident that the Knicks would have a very good year (but like I said, I didnt expect us to start off this well).

So far so good.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 04:05 AM
I remember bookmarking this thread...lol.

Guess I'm in the minority then because although I didn't expect the Knicks to be playing this well, I knew the Nets weren't gonna be as good as advertised (though they are an improved team).

I was also quite confident that the Knicks would have a very good year (but like I said, I didnt expect us to start off this well).

So far so good.

That's a big part of why this thread isn't as bad as it seems. More than me or others disrespecting the Knicks it just seemed the Nets were build to contend and would come out much stronger. I predicted low-mid 40 wins for both teams.

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 12:56 PM
The only part that was truly ridiculous was the idea that the Knicks would only win 43 games.

niko
12-16-2012, 12:58 PM
That's a big part of why this thread isn't as bad as it seems. More than me or others disrespecting the Knicks it just seemed the Nets were build to contend and would come out much stronger. I predicted low-mid 40 wins for both teams.
Contend for what? I don't think your premise while trollish was wrong, but you thought the nets are a title contender?

Y2Gezee
12-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Very true and again why my prediction, while absolutely wrong wasn't unreasonable or me trolling or something. If anybody was told prior to this year that Amare was going to be out all year and the Knicks were going to start the year 16-5 or w/e I guarantee even Knicks fans would have called bullshit. Leave it to guys like Sarcastic though to act like he knew it all along :oldlol: .

I actually did say it though. But I'm not one to brag :pimp:

Said after Ronnie Brewer signing that the Knicks have the most dynamic roster in the NBA, would be a top 2 seed, and this was the best roster built around Melo since he's been in the NBA (primarily because of actual pg play, 3pt shooters, and good defenders) and would still be so even without Amare. And the same for Amare if Melo were out, though I don't think they'd be quite this good if the roles were reversed.

The only thing I didn't think was, that it would be their offense carrying them. I thought it would be their defense. I knew they had shooters, but I didn't think their offense would look this fluid. However, I did think they'd be a top 3 defense, which they currently are not. Hopefully playing bigger and getting more boards will help that out. But they are the best 4th quarter team defensively in the league. Meaning, when they need to get stops they can....which is fine if you have a great offense, but still they're not playing up to their potential there as they were earlier in the year.

It's A VC3!!!
12-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Nets were build to contend and would come out much stronger.

Nets came out very strong for the first 15 games. They went 11-4. Then Brook Softpez went out for 17 days and the Nets lost every game without him except to Orlando. Now he's back but it's blatantly clear how disrupted the offense is and that's to be expected. They need to get back to winning. I don't know why but the Knicks chances for success rub me the wrong way. Their success hinges on Carmelo erupting for 35+ and hoping for any random second player to have a stellar night. Their defense is very solid, credit to them, but their offense is very suspect. Fortunately, or unfortunately, this isn't their full roster. We still have to wait for Amare and Shumpert to come back. Shumpert is already an answered question in terms of productivity and cohesiveness although Amare is a huge unanswered question and could potentially harm the Knicks success.

And I read Nikos post down there. If the Nets get their shit together, they are a contender. At least I think so.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Contend for what? I don't think your premise while trollish was wrong, but you thought the nets are a title contender?

I suppose contend implies title which isn't what I mean. I felt the Nets had the more well rounded, balanced roster for a deep playoff push. I agree me saying low 40's wins was probably unfair. I guess I didn't believe Amare and Melo would suddenly figure it out (Amare out so no issue there lol) and I expected Lin's loss to be way more impactful. I truly believed Lin was a possible all star caliber player so maybe me overrating him and the impact off his loss led to the faulty prediction.

Blue&Orange
12-16-2012, 01:34 PM

43 wins :lol

There's no excuse for that.

niko
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I suppose contend implies title which isn't what I mean. I felt the Nets had the more well rounded, balanced roster for a deep playoff push. I agree me saying low 40's wins was probably unfair. I guess I didn't believe Amare and Melo would suddenly figure it out (Amare out so no issue there lol) and I expected Lin's loss to be way more impactful. I truly believed Lin was a possible all star caliber player so maybe me overrating him and the impact off his loss led to the faulty prediction.
At least we can all agree the clippers are the best team in LA

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 02:48 PM

:cheers: and the Knicks the best team in NY despite my faulty prediction.

ChuckOakley
12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Wait a minute.. you predicted 48 wins for the Nets, yet made this deal with me in October where you said they would win 41 or less?

Clippersfan86

Clippersfan86

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Fair enough....

41 and under, you win
42 and higher, I win.

1 month Avy right after the regular season ends.

Deal?

Deal.

I don't get it.

Draz
12-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Agreed. Clippers are also really good. :cheers:

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Wait a minute.. you predicted 48 wins for the Nets, yet made this deal with me in October where you said they would win 41 or less?

I don't get it.

In time predictions change. I bought into all the hype first like a lot of people and came down a bit.

NewYorkNoPicks
12-16-2012, 03:32 PM
In time predictions change. I bought into all the hype first like a lot of people and came down a bit.

Really man? U predicted 41 wins for the Knicks for the season?

What are u fkn stupid?

Knicks i believe had 41 in a 66 game season last year...

Go focus on your teams 3rd winning season since its 35 years in LA

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Really man? U predicted 41 wins for the Knicks for the season?

What are u fkn stupid?

Knicks i believe had 41 in a 66 game season last year...

Go focus on your teams 3rd winning season since its 35 years in LA

The Knicks were nearly a .500 team in both seasons prior with Melo and Amare.

42-40 year one (Melo joined halfway through season).

36-30 year two.

Not sure why I'm an idiot for not believing they wouldn't improve a ton, especially when like I said I miscalculated the loss of Lin (Knicks fans told me but I thought his loss would hurt them more).

NewYorkNoPicks
12-16-2012, 04:03 PM
The Knicks were nearly a .500 team in both seasons prior with Melo and Amare.

42-40 year one (Melo joined halfway through season).

36-30 year two.

Not sure why I'm an idiot for not believing they wouldn't improve a ton, especially when like I said I miscalculated the loss of Lin (Knicks fans told me but I thought his loss would hurt them more).

Obviously you dont watch games other than those played by the clippers. All you look at is previous records.

What a stupid and simplistic way of analyzing something. In short, youre an idiot

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Obviously you dont watch games other than those played by the clippers. All you look at is previous records.

What a stupid and simplistic way of analyzing something. In short, youre an idiot

:facepalm You're a very sad, angry individual.

NewYorkNoPicks
12-16-2012, 04:09 PM

I love my life...hate idiots.

How about looking at other statistics such as the Knicks record under Mike Woodson? 31-10 under woodson...

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
I love my life...hate idiots.

How about looking at other statistics such as the Knicks record under Mike Woodson? 31-10 under woodson...

I know all of this. I also know that coaching changes can give a short term boost to a teams morale. I needed to see more to believe it was Woodson because I watched Woodson in his Hawks tenure and he was a subpar coach.

Can't blame me for taking a wait and see approach with the Knicks considering their play the two seasons prior. All I can do now is give props, admit I was wrong and move on. No sense in calling me names because I underrated them. Hell TONS of people said the Clippers got worse this offseason and while I may bump a thread or bust their balls I wouldn't personally attack them out of anger like you're doing with me. As long as they admit they were wrong and pay their dues, it's all good.

niko
12-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Obtuse is the word i think fits better.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Obtuse is the word i think fits better.

Hmm maybe.

ChuckOakley
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Double Post

ChuckOakley
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
You bought into the hype on day 3 of free agency (July 3rd this thread was created) and then came down from the hype by October 8th before they even played a pre-season game?

Summer league was the only thing to have happened during that time and a few days of training camp. So you went from 48 wins to 41 or less, based upon summer league?

Why just not admit you were trolling Knick fans at the time?
That or your opinion can't be taken seriously.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
You bought into the hype on day 3 of free agency (July 3rd this thread was created) and then came down from the hype by October 8th before they even played a pre-season game?

Summer league was the only thing to have happened during that time and a few days of training camp. So you went from 48 wins to 41 or less, based upon summer league?

Why just not admit you were trolling Knick fans at the time?
That or your opinion can't be taken seriously.

Well I told you I think the Nets will win about 42 but you made the cutoff 41 per our bet. Are you really going to nitpick over a 6 win difference? My prediction changed not based on what the Nets did in the pre-season but what happened with other teams around the league to shift the balance.

SpecialQue
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM

I almost made an avy bet that the Lakers would get more wins than the Clippers. I typically never make avy bets, but this one seemed safe. Thank Christ I decided against it!

:(

NUPE_1911
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Don't see why or how anyone could have been so sure that the Nets would be the better team.

Deron sucked last season. Gerald's best days are behind. Lopez is a piss poor rebounder and Joe Johnson is primarily a jump shooter it seems.

Also, the Knicks finished the season 18 - 6 under Woodson last year with Carmelo literally on fire. Thus, what the Knick's are doing now really should not be some huge shocker.

Bigsmoke
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Clippersfan86 already at 26,003 posts :eek:

zizozain
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
ibn el-kalb

ChuckOakley
12-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Well I told you I think the Nets will win about 42 but you made the cutoff 41 per our bet. Are you really going to nitpick over a 6 win difference? My prediction changed not based on what the Nets did in the pre-season but what happened with other teams around the league to shift the balance.
You are too funny. So you admit predicting wins on the third day of free agency was rather foolish? Btw...I think you predicted 40 wins.

You.....
"I didn't say 40 max, I said 40 is a more realistic goal, I'd say 42 max."

Generally you don't a predict a team's maximum amount of wins as what they will win.

So to recap what you've said.

July 3rd: (3rd day of free agency)
Nets will win 48 games

October 8th: (no preseason games yet for BK)
40 is a more realistic goal, I'd say 42 max

Again, it really seems you change what you say depending on who you are trying to bait. The 1st was clearly meant to troll Knick fans, the 2nd was in a BK/LAC comparison thread. It's too bad you seem like a knowledgeable poster... now try become objective and a rational one.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Chuck I'm very impulsive by nature, maybe that's what has me go a bit up and down sometimes on stuff like this. I can't guarantee I wasn't trying to bait people because I very well may have been and I could be forgetting. Regardless my true feelings were the Nets would be better than the Knicks and I was wrong, which is the main theme of the thread.

ChuckOakley
12-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Chuck I'm very impulsive by nature, maybe that's what has me go a bit up and down sometimes on stuff like this. I can't guarantee I wasn't trying to bait people because I very well may have been and I could be forgetting. Regardless my true feelings were the Nets would be better than the Knicks and I was wrong, which is the main theme of the thread.
And you know what? I apologize since I'm being an ass for no good reason.

Like I said, I think you are a good poster, but I think you would go a long way getting more respect and getting your opinion across if you had less of an agenda.

As in, if you told me something about the Lakers or Nets or whoever, I wouldn't be sure if I could trust why you were saying what you were, despite the fact you clearly know the NBA and your team.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2012, 11:41 PM
And you know what? I apologize since I'm being an ass for no good reason.

Like I said, I think you are a good poster, but I think you would go a long way getting more respect and getting your opinion across if you had less of an agenda.

As in, if you told me something about the Lakers or Nets or whoever, I wouldn't be sure if I could trust why you were saying what you were, despite the fact you clearly know the NBA and your team.

I'm trying to tone down the volume of my posts and return to a more unbiased posting style (goes along with the agenda comment). I realize I've gotten a bit wild the last year so I'm going to keep working on it. I will take your advice seriously and thanks for the apology, it's accepted.