07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

:yaohappy:

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Nash and Nowitzki reunited :bowdown: :bowdown:

PickernRoller
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Interesting turn of events. I wouldn't count Cuban going down this easy....there will be trades that's for sure.

jdm_dc_fan
Not only are they not rebuilding around dirk, they are dismantling around dirk :roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Nash?

he is signing with the Raptors

Punpun
>Nash joining

Why ? He is Raptors.

flipogb
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
F u from Peja and JET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDJVdA63tE
1 championship, how nice

takai
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
:lebroncry: -Mavs fans

:yaohappy: -Laker fans

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
F u from Peja and JET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDJVdA63tE

And both those players are gone now. Enjoy that fluke championship.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Interesting turn of events. I wouldn't count Cuban going down this easy....there will be trades that's for sure.

ya Pau gasol for Dirk

Haymaker
Dirk must be like this :facepalm

Crown&Coke
:lebroncry: -Mavs fans

:yaohappy: -Laker fans

pretty much sums it up for me

Story Up
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Nash, R. Allen, Marion, Dwight and Dirk next year?
Lol hey it's possible...

chips93
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
hindsight is always 20-20

tough luck for the mavs

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Mavs might as well blow it up now.

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd183/BuckeyeGuy23/lebron-dancing-2-o.gif

eliteballer
07-03-2012, 08:30 PM
They have to rebuild now, move Dirk for assets.

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM
The fluke championship where the Mavs raped every team they played, one by one?

shortsoptional
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM

This is a big question in Dallas. Dirk is the most beloved Dallas sports figure. ESPN Dallas held a vote for best Dallas sports figure of all time and he beat out freaking Tom Landry... yep... crazy.

But I think you have to seriously entertain the idea just because it's not fair to Dirk to put him through any sort of rebuilding process.

I think you'll see them go after Nash and Kaman...maybe resign Kidd.

Nash
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Kamn

This line-up closing out games is still pretty good. Good enough? Not sure, but still pretty damn good.

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:35 PM
This is a big question in Dallas. Dirk is the most beloved Dallas sports figure. ESPN Dallas held a vote for best Dallas sports figure of all time and he beat out freaking Tom Landry... yep... crazy.

But I think you have to seriously entertain the idea just because it's not fair to Dirk to put him through any sort of rebuilding process.

Nash
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Kamn

This line-up closing out games is still pretty good. Good enough? Not sure, but still pretty damn good.

Someone was mentioning Oj Majo??? That would be a nice pickup. Let Kidd walk and pick up Nash and Mayo...

Droid101
07-03-2012, 08:36 PM
ya Pau gasol for Dirk

Actually probably helps both teams. Slow down and play big for the Mavs... get someone to space the floor for Bynum.

Win/win.

shortsoptional
07-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Come on man... everyone knows that Dirk never hits all those off balance shots in the clutch... Dirk just accidentally had one of the best post season runs ever.

shortsoptional
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Someone was mentioning Oj Majo??? That would be a nice pickup. Let Kidd walk and pick up Nash and Mayo...

Depends on how much Kidd wants. And I think Mayo is going to want too much also. But yea, I'd be ok with Kidd walking and letting Delonte run SG/Backup PG again. Tough as nails.

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Come on man... everyone knows that Dirk never hits all those off balance shots in the clutch... Dirk just accidentally had one of the best post season runs ever.

true. He's not been known to average over 25 and 10 in the playoffs over his career in the playoffs. It was a lucky run unlike Lebron's world beating wins over the lolKnicks, Pacers, and a Celtics team that needed 7 games to get past the freaking Sixers.

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Depends on how much Kidd wants. And I think Mayo is going to want too much also. But yea, I'd be ok with Kidd walking and letting Delonte run SG/Backup PG again. Tough as nails.

Kidd is a smart player but let's be honest, we'd both take Nash over him in a second...

G-Funk
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Nash
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Kamn

Do it now that his value is really high

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:39 PM

You never get back value though when you trade away a top 3 player like Dirkules.

shortsoptional
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Kidd is a smart player but let's be honest, we'd both take Nash over him in a second...

Oh for sure... I was just talking about Kidd running backup PG. I was saying that i'd rather just let Delonte run it, than overpay for Kidd. However, I do like Kidd spotting up, being an extra passer at the end of games while Dirk and Nash play P&R like the days of old.

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Just goes to show you. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2012, 08:41 PM

Everyone would.

As an advent Kidd fan, I will say that he has nothing left in the tank except experience and a 3 here or there. Nash can still run a team, score, and create plays. He's a top PG in our league. Kidd is just a complimentary piece that will provide great veteran experience and nothing more.

shortsoptional
07-03-2012, 08:41 PM

It would be very hard.. What are you getting back?

If you send him to a team to contend, you're not getting back high draft picks. If you send him to a bad team, you're probably not getting back good players and Dirk would just assume stay with the Mavs unless it's to a contender.

It's very hard to do...esp with a max contract (or damn near)...

shortsoptional
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Everyone would.

As an advent Kidd fan, I will say that he has nothing left in the tank except experience and a 3 here or there. Nash can still run a team, score, and create plays. He's a top PG in our league. Kidd is just a complimentary piece that will provide great veteran experience and nothing more.

Very true..

The only thing i will say though is that these last couple of years, even when Barea was playing well, as a fan, i just felt so much more at ease when Kidd was running point.

He wasn't going to make a bonehead play, he's calm, won't turn the ball over, and puts everyone in position. Things that just don't show up in the box score.

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Just goes to show you. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Yeah...I'm trying to decide whats a worse decision between the 2011 offseason and 2003 offseason for the Mavs

BlackVVaves
07-03-2012, 08:47 PM

:no:

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 08:49 PM

No one will deny that they played incredible during last year's playoffs, but when it was preceded by three first-round exits and one trip to the second round and then followed by a first-round sweep, yes...that's a fluke.

swag2011
07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
That's what he gets for bitching about the CP3 trade.

noosaman
07-03-2012, 08:52 PM
No one will deny that they played incredible during last year's playoffs, but when it was preceded by three first-round exits and one trip to the second round and then followed by a first-round sweep, yes...that's a fluke.

Then the Lakers' first ring with gasol was a total fluke because Kobe choked his ass off the previous three seasons (missing the postseason entirely in one of them).

G-Funk
07-03-2012, 08:54 PM
That's what he gets for bitching about the CP3 trade.
:banana:

http://25twofour.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/17-mark-cuban-sad-large.jpg

http://www.b12partners.net/mt/Sad%20Eyed%20Lad%20of%20the%20Mavs%20Land.jpg

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Then the Lakers' first ring with gasol was a total fluke because Kobe choked his ass off the previous three seasons (missing the postseason entirely in one of them).

Three trips to the finals and back-to-back championships isn't a "fluke."

SpecialQue
07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
:banana:

http://25twofour.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/17-mark-cuban-sad-large.jpg

http://www.b12partners.net/mt/Sad%20Eyed%20Lad%20of%20the%20Mavs%20Land.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibcHUbTADO7aqr.gif

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah...I'm trying to decide whats a worse decision between the 2011 offseason and 2003 offseason for the Mavs

You know what's funny. Cuban let Nash go because he thought he wasn't worth that kind of money. Now 9 years later Colangelo is trying to sign him for the exact same type of money :roll: :roll:

noosaman
07-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Three trips to the finals and back-to-back championships isn't a "fluke."

I'm using the same retarded logic as you used. Kobe, with a garbage team, did absolutely nothing for 3 seasons. Dirk with a a garbage team could not get over the hump. Dirk with a semi decent team smoked the entire NBA.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm using the same retarded logic as you used. Kobe, with a garbage team, did absolutely nothing for 3 seasons. Dirk with a a garbage team could not get over the hump. Dirk with a semi decent team smoked the entire NBA.

Lol smoked the nba

ispin69
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Why not go hard after Roy Hibbert or JJ Hickson? Go after Courtney Lee, Beasley, Billups and resign Kidd (mavs or knicks, not nets)?

If they can sign any of these guys to short term one year contracts, they will have lots of cap space for 2013 for CP3 and D12.

noosaman
07-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Lol smoked the nba

Not one team got close to a 7th game with dallas and Dirk and Dallas raped everyone in the close out games.

SonOfCardinal
07-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Lol Lakers fans still majorly butthurt over getting swept :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2012, 03:02 AM

So the 2011 MAVS were Dirks only "semi decent" team he had in his career.
:roll:

:durantunimpressed:

500 hunnin post :banana:

swag2011
07-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Lol Lakers fans still majorly butthurt over getting swept :roll:

that may be true, but mavs got swept the year after winning a championship too so they know what it feels like :roll:

Ready to be irrelevant for the next few years? :cheers: to what could have been :lol

noosaman
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM
So the 2011 MAVS were Dirks only "semi decent" team he had in his career.

:durantunimpressed:

500 hunnin post :banana:

No but he never had a truly great team. When he had Nash and over the hill Finley that was his most talented squad, but all the other top teams at the time (lakers, spurs, kings) were stockpiled with far more talent. You can't honestly tell me that the 2011 championship squad was anywhere near as talented as other recent champions.

Nowitzness81
07-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Talk shit on Dirk all you want.

Lebron will NEVER EVER win a championship the way Dirk did. The right way. The hero way. The pure and just way.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 05:07 AM

I gotta give you props

You just drew a comparison between

Odom, Smush parker, Kwame Brown, Luke walton and Terry, Chandler, Marion, and Barea.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Talk shit on Dirk all you want.

Lebron will NEVER EVER win a championship the way Dirk did. The right way. The hero way. The pure and just way.

Great post. Few will. Its truly a great thing to see.

noosaman
07-04-2012, 05:23 AM
I gotta give you props

You just drew a comparison between

Odom, Smush parker, Kwame Brown, Luke walton and Terry, Chandler, Marion, and Barea.

That Dallas team wasn't that much better and they won the title rather than being first round fodder.

And i'm comparing that lakers cast to when dirkules had dampier, antoine wright, old man kidd, and cripped josh howard rounding out his starting 5.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 05:57 AM
That Dallas team wasn't that much better and they won the title rather than being first round fodder.

And i'm comparing that lakers cast to when dirkules had dampier, antoine wright, old man kidd, and cripped josh howard rounding out his starting 5.

rofl @ not being much better

night and ****ing day

still hell of a better team.

I don't know about fodder.. pushing 65+ wins suns to 7 games.. with such a garbage team...

swi7ch
07-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Cuban's grand master plan why he broke up a championship team! :roll:

Silenttristo
07-04-2012, 07:32 AM
I will be so happy when this happens to the Lakers. Such cocky fans, making fun of a team having a bit of bad luck. I'm a Nets fan and I feel bad for the Mavs, even though my favourite team benefited from their loss.

Kobe can't play forever, you know. You'll be a in the gutter soon, and I'll have no sympathy.

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I will be so happy when this happens to the Lakers. Such cocky fans, making fun of a team having a bit of bad luck. I'm a Nets fan and I feel bad for the Mavs, even though my favourite team benefited from their loss.

Kobe can't play forever, you know. You'll be a in the gutter soon, and I'll have no sympathy.
Oh f*ck off mate it's called a rilvilry. Laker fans get crap thrown at us all the time as well.

LBJDW305
07-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Lol I was feeling bad for mavs fan till the insecure phaaggot brought up lebron not winning it the right way(I guess a triple double is not enough)....go have fun being a lottery team and welcome to a new chapter called IRRELEVANCE SUCk@Z

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Lol I was feeling bad for mavs fan till the insecure phaaggot brought up lebron not winning it the right way(I guess a triple double is not enough)....go have fun being a lottery team and welcome to a new chapter called IRRELEVANCE SUCk@Z

You guys been relevant since what 2012? I am really impressed by the relevancy....

creepingdeath
07-04-2012, 08:58 AM
feelsbadman.jpg

:(

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
feelsbadman.jpg

:(

Free agency just about started....trades will happen. Just calmly wait after the storm has settled. Cuban ain't that stupid. The Howard, Deron grand masterplan thou....you might have to forget about that one. Still, there are others thing to consider in trades and other free agents.

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 09:05 AM
The Mavs seem to be in a rather awkward position, I think their entire offseason was hinging on signing D-Will and then the rest of it would sort itself out. With the free agents left on the board and their lack of assets in trades, it looks like what ever team they may build here won't be a contender. So that leaves them to either 1) wait another entire year to add better players 2) begin rebuilding and with that perhaps look at dirk's value.

I HIGHLY doubt they'll trade Dirk, so they'll try to be the best team possible to contend here...but won't be too strong.

LBJDW305
07-04-2012, 09:05 AM
You guys been relevant since what 2012? I am really impressed by the relevancy....

Have fun paying Kobe 28 million this year to be knocked out in the first or second round by the clippers :lebronamazed:

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Have fun paying Kobe 28 million this year to be knocked out in the first or second round by the clippers :lebronamazed:

I am ok with that, keeps us real in what we need to do once Kobe's contract comes off the books in 13'. Better than getting to the Finals and have Lebron choke like he did in 11'....second round exit is more honorable than that.

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I am ok with that, keeps us real in what we need to do once Kobe's contract comes off the books in 13'. Better than getting to the Finals and have Lebron choke like he did in 11'....second round exit is more honorable than that.
Really, it is? Get your head out of your team's ass. Damn trolls!

Raz
07-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Maybe they go out and sign a bunch of free agents - Mayo, Kaman. Perhaps inhale Calderon's contract.

CT: Kaman
PF: Nowitzki
SF: Marion
SG: Carter
PG: Calderon
6: Mayo

That's not TOO bad

LBJDW305
07-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Yea I'm sure being knocked out in the early round of the playoffs is more honorable then making it to the finals...would you rather be in 10th place or second place? Take the homer glasses of

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Yea I'm sure being knocked out in the early round of the playoffs is more honorable then making it to the finals...would you rather be in 10th place or second place? Take the homer glasses of

An honorable second round exit is better than watching a prime superstar have the biggest ball shrinkage in NBA Finals history ever and then continue rooting for him. Not only to root for him but downplay the issue and show face like nothing ever happened or that is has the slightest of importance in what was a major deciding factor of the loss.

I mean, how could I root for my guys or show face for Kobe if he did something like what Lebron did. Let his team down in the most crucial, deciding moments of a game, the final push, the final charge, the 4th quarters. I couldn't, there is just no words to describe the feeling of disappointment, the anger of watching a coward shrink in one of the most important stages of this game and also of his career. If you guys take choking as routine I can see that. Lebron is the expert so is no surprise those who root for him or his teams are used to it and don't place the importance it deserves. There are some who prefer an honorable loss than be the laughing stock of the NBA and fans worldwide...

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
An honorable second round exit is better than watching a prime superstar have the biggest ball shrinkage in NBA Finals history ever and then continue root for it. Not only to root for him but downplay the issue and show face like nothing ever happened or that is has the slighlest of importance. I mean, how could I root for my guys or show face for Kobe if he did something like what Lebron did. Let his team down in the most crucial, deciding moments of a game, the final push, the final charge, the 4th quarters. I couldn't, there is just no words to describe the feeling of disappointment, the anger of watching a coward shrink in one of the most important stages of this game and also of his career. If you guys take choking as routine I can see that. Lebron is the expert so is no surprise those who root for him or his teams are used to it and don't place the importance it deserves. There are some who prefer an honorable loss than be the laughing stock of the NBA and fans worldwide...
So by your logic, Bryant shrinking in the '04 and '08 Finals is more of a disgraceful year than those early round exits after Shaq left? unbelievable, you are a blithering moron.

bluechox2
07-04-2012, 09:30 AM
chandler was that huge brick at the base of the mavs championship run...

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Why are morons doubting the buisness decision that Mark Cuban made?

Oh because it didn't turn out. If he signed his players to multi-year contracts he would not even be in the position to acquire D-Will. He cleared room to have that chance. He gave himself a chance and it didn't work out. That's better then not trying at all. Plus the Mavericks would have not beat Miami this year regardless.

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 09:33 AM
So by your logic, Bryant shrinking in the '04 and '08 Finals is more of a disgraceful year than those early round exits after Shaq left? unbelievable, you are a blithering moron.

I can show you the shrinkage of Lebron (the beloved LBJ dick rider stats are there to prove it). I think you'll have a hard time convincing anybody that Kobe "choked" in 04 and 08...nice try thou. You're welcomed to go ahead and discuss it with stats, context and all.......how that compares to Lebron's ball shrinkage in 11'. I can also understand why you mad...

LBJDW305
07-04-2012, 09:34 AM
He brought us a championship this season. Practically carried the whole team this year with wade having knee and foot issues all year. Ok he choked last year. I moved on...Im not living in the past and hell no not hating a guy who carried this whole team had plenty CLUTCH playoff games this year...Common man even the greats in bird and magic are saying he had one of the greatest playoffs runs ever and your gunna say as a fan I should hate this guy...I still love Zo nd Tim hardway and they never brought us a ring and "choked" in the playoffs

dirkdiggler41
07-04-2012, 09:37 AM
The goal was to get Deron, then Howard. It did not work out. It sucks, but I belive Cuban is either we be a championship team or nothing. Atleast I hope that. The worst thing the Mavs can do is to sign a bunch of free agents for many years. I would rather be in this position with maybe Nash as a pointguard rather then giving out bad contracts and then become a 6-8 seeded playoff team.

I belive Cuban will become very creative with the capspace. He always ends up with something great.

In cuban we trust.

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Bryant in '04: 22.6 PPG/38% FG/17% 3ptFG/3.6 TO

Lovely, right?

2008 wasn't too bad on paper: 25.7 pts, 4.7 rebs, 5.0 ast, 3.8 TO, 21.8 FGA, 8.2 FTA, 40.5 FG%, 80 FT%, 32 3FG%, 42.8 MPG.

It was moreso letting the Celtics take over at the half in Game 4 I believe for that huge comeback and then simply rolling over in Game 6. Bryant's final few games of the series were ugly as hell.

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
He brought us a championship this season. Practically carried the whole team this year with wade having knee and foot issues all year. Ok he choked last year. I moved on...Im not living in the past and hell no not hating a guy who carried this whole team had plenty CLUTCH playoff games this year...Common man even the greats in bird and magic are saying he had one of the greatest playoffs runs ever and your gunna say as a fan I should hate this guy...I still love Zo nd Tim hardway and they never brought us a ring and "choked" in the playoffs

I am not taking away this year, even if I don't agree with some claims his fans make to prop it up. This one was indeed legit...although I am a fan of trolling those who are up for it - I have fun I can't deny it. In all honesty I just saw some poop words to the Mavs really with no reason whatsoever and the word relevancy doesn't really fit the bill when you guys just got your groove going this year which is really not a huge "track record" so to speak...the point is, combat trolling with better trolling....you cooled down I cool down.

As for the guy above me, you still mad? You have yet to prove how that is "choking", quoting stats is just a google search away.

Pink Tigress
07-04-2012, 10:56 AM

Dirk has a no trade clause.

Pink Tigress
07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
They're not going to panic and throw a lot of money at free agents. They will offer a lot of 1 year deals and go after FAs next summer. If they decide to start rebuilding it won't happen until next season unless Dirk demands a trade. I don't think he will demand a trade this year.

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I am not taking away this year, even if I don't agree with some claims his fans make to prop it up. This one was indeed legit...although I am a fan of trolling those who are up for it - I have fun I can't deny it. In all honesty I just saw some poop words to the Mavs really with no reason whatsoever and the word relevancy doesn't really fit the bill when you guys just got your groove going this year which is really not a huge "track record" so to speak...the point is, combat trolling with better trolling....you cooled down I cool down.

As for the guy above me, you still mad? You have yet to prove how that is "choking", quoting stats is just a google search away.

Well if you actually watched either finals, the lakers were going in as favorites both times. Kobe's atrocious shooting in '04 and Shaq playing a lesser role were a huge part of the upset. In '08, Bryant played decent the first few games, but was a part of the biggest choke in NBA Finals history and eventually just faded to let the Celtics take the title. Now how is that any different from LBJ's abysmal Finals in terms of performance? It's not. Get over it. Get your mouth out of Kobe's jock.

LA_Showtime
07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
If anything, we should be praising the Mavs. At least they haven't become desperate and traded for Johnson, signed Batum to a ridiculous offer sheet, or offered Hibbert the max. No, they've kept their cool and still have a lot of money which will be useful down the road. It must be disappointing to strike out twice, but Mavs fans should be comforted in the fact that Cuban seems to have finally learned stockpiling a bunch of talent together doesn't work.

guy
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
rofl @ not being much better

night and ****ing day

still hell of a better team.

I don't know about fodder.. pushing 65+ wins suns to 7 games.. with such a garbage team...

I've noticed you don't have much of a good memory or you just dont do your research. That suns team didn't have Amare and won only 54 games. Those suns teams actually never won that much.

guy
07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Mavs should've never just blew it up. It's one thing if they weren't already a contender i.e. the heat before 2010. The idea that getting two huge FAs a year later was such a given was stupid. And even if just getting Deron a year later was such a given, it was still stupid cause Deron is really not that great. Dallas could've repeated. They may have not been the favorites but they would've had chance against any team in a series including the Heat, Thunder, or Spurs.

creepingdeath
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
If anything, we should be praising the Mavs. At least they haven't become desperate and traded for Johnson, signed Batum to a ridiculous offer sheet, or offered Hibbert the max. No, they've kept their cool and still have a lot of money which will be useful down the road. It must be disappointing to strike out twice, but Mavs fans should be comforted in the fact that Cuban seems to have finally learned stockpiling a bunch of talent together doesn't work.
Yeah, it's just unfortunate that Cuban needed more than a decade to finally see that.

Kiddlovesnets
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
They're not going to panic and throw a lot of money at free agents. They will offer a lot of 1 year deals and go after FAs next summer. If they decide to start rebuilding it won't happen until next season unless Dirk demands a trade. I don't think he will demand a trade this year.

Well Dirk demanding a trade... May be a good pickup for the Nets.
:pimp:

Freedom Kid7
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
The Mavs aren't screwed completely. Yes Cuban's masterplan didn't work, but they still have enough money to add solid additions so they can be a competent team in the west.

bmulls
07-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I was pretty bummed yesterday but I am proud of what the Mavericks accomplished and I stand behind Cuban's decision to blow the championship roster up. He realizes in today's NBA you're either a contender or you're not. I'd rather we went all in for Deron and Dwight and wind up with nothing than end up as the Western Conference Atlanta Hawks.

guy
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I was pretty bummed yesterday but I am proud of what the Mavericks accomplished and I stand behind Cuban's decision to blow the championship roster up. He realizes in today's NBA you're either a contender or you're not. I'd rather we went all in for Deron and Dwight and wind up with nothing than end up as the Western Conference Atlanta Hawks.

Bringing back Chandler, Barea, Stevenson, and Butler would not have been the equivalent of the Hawks. It would've been the equivalent of a championship contender possibly repeating as champions. It was a dumb move. Plain and simple. There are too many variables to look a year ahead and assume that there was a very good chance they would've gotten either Deron or Dwight or both. Like I said, its one thing if they were in the position of teams like the Heat or Knicks were before summer 2010 since they clearly weren't contenders at all. But that wasn't the case with the Mavs. They would've been at worst the 3rd best team in the West with a chance to beat any team in a series.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Mavericks should still be in the Jeremy Lin sweepstakes so they aren't entirely screwed yet. They have a lot of money to offer as well but it would be a pretty big gamble to give Lin around 8-10 mil a year or more than whatever Houston offered him.

I do hope Dallas gets him though out of all the teams that do want him.

PJR
07-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Cuban was a massive idiot for not re-signing Tyson Chandler. You don't want to pay the other fringe impact guys(Butler, Barea, Stevenson etc)? Fine. They're replacable. But Chandler had a clear impact on that team in terms of the defensive looks they were able to give..

guy
07-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Cuban was a massive idiot for not re-signing Tyson Chandler. You don't want to pay the other fringe impact guys(Butler, Barea, Stevenson etc)? Fine. They're replacable. But Chandler had a clear impact on that team in terms of the defensive looks they were able to give..

I agree with this. Then if they declined Carter's team option, amnestied Haywood, and dumped Marion's remaining two years on someone which I'm sure they could've done, they would've still had enough to go after Deron. Seems like they just got too greedy trying to get both him and Dwight.

R.I.P.
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM

Barea was worth his contract easily and gave the Mavs a unique penetrator and creator they lack now. Dragic wants twice as much, not because he

PJR
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Cuban won a title, got greedy, and thought he could pull a Pat Riley. Na ugh...:lol

Pink Tigress
07-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I agree with this. Then if they declined Carter's team option, amnestied Haywood, and dumped Marion's remaining two years on someone which I'm sure they could've done, they would've still had enough to go after Deron. Seems like they just got too greedy trying to get both him and Dwight.

Read the new CBA.
Under the old CBA they could have kept Chandler, and possible Barrea and gone after Williams or Howard. That was the original plan but, the new CBA killed that hope. Chandler is a solid player but, he's not the guy you build a franchise around and if they kept him they would have been sticking a franchise label on him. Has he done anything in NY to indicate he should be paid $60-70 million?

Once again when a player is amnestied their salary does not come off the books. It still counts toward the cap. The difference is they don't have to pay the luxury tax.

PJR
07-04-2012, 03:41 PM
A player salary DOES come comepletly off the books when amnestied. You are misinformed, sir.

Pink Tigress
07-04-2012, 03:56 PM
A player salary DOES come comepletly off the books when amnestied. You are misinformed, sir.

Under the previous CBA the salary still counted towards the cap.

Under the new still have to pay the majority of the salary. The new team only picks up a small portion of the salary AND they are only allowed to amnesty 1 player during the course of the collective bargaining agreement. That is why they are not rushing to amnesty anybody.

and it's ma'am.

flipogb
07-04-2012, 04:00 PM
the team pays the salary but its off the cap, thats the point of amnesty

guy
07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Read the new CBA.
Under the old CBA they could have kept Chandler, and possible Barrea and gone after Williams or Howard. That was the original plan but, the new CBA killed that hope. Chandler is a solid player but, he's not the guy you build a franchise around and if they kept him they would have been sticking a franchise label on him. Has he done anything in NY to indicate he should be paid $60-70 million?

Once again when a player is amnestied their salary does not come off the books. It still counts toward the cap. The difference is they don't have to pay the luxury tax.

No it doesn't. If it did, the Knicks wouldn't have been able to sign Chandler so amnestying Billups would've been pointless.

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Well if you actually watched either finals, the lakers were going in as favorites both times. Kobe's atrocious shooting in '04 and Shaq playing a lesser role were a huge part of the upset. In '08, Bryant played decent the first few games, but was a part of the biggest choke in NBA Finals history and eventually just faded to let the Celtics take the title. Now how is that any different from LBJ's abysmal Finals in terms of performance? It's not. Get over it. Get your mouth out of Kobe's jock.

This has to be one of the lamest attempts ever from an LBJ nvthuggger at saying Kobe choked in those Final runs. First and foremost learn what "choking" means if you ever do.....second of all stop being so mad - clouds your judgement and makes you say stupidities. Look at Lebrons 4th quarter 11' Finals ppg to get an idea of what choking means if you need that much help - it passes the eye test and the stats test. If you ever come with a detailed, breakdown analysis that proves Kobe choked throughout an entire series I'll be welcomed to hear - rubbish like those two attempts do not qualify. Third of all and final word......don't be a disgrace to Chicago fans and DRose fans with that username when you're clearly a Lebron dick rider. I had fun reading what you had to say...my first post really got you deep. That's ok, the intended effect on some.