07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Interest per Aldridge, S&T via various.

RazorBaLade
07-03-2012, 09:24 PM
****ing do it you bitches

****ING DO IT RIGHT NOW

Derka
07-03-2012, 09:24 PM
That's a great signing if they can get him.

fpliii
07-03-2012, 09:25 PM
is this feasible???

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Nash you better ****ing come!

sagr32
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
is this feasible???Using the TPE it is. If he signs for 8.5 million in the first year. But I don't see PHX doing us any favors.

niko
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Using the TPE it is. If he signs for 8.5 million in the first year. But I don't see PHX doing us any favors.
Because Phoenix doesn't need a $9M TPE?

ZeN
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Not enough money for Nash.. But if I was the Lakers Id promise Steve whatever his heart desires..lol.. winks and nods to any future promises there needs to be..lol

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-03-2012, 09:28 PM
So did Steve Nash suddenly become a good defender?

chazzy
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
is this feasible???
Yes. It's up to Nash really.

fpliii
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM

this

Babalu
07-03-2012, 09:31 PM
steve nash playing alongside kobe on the lakers has been my dream for so many years. Even though they are both old now and both don't play much defense, I still wish with everything I got that it happens.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Steve Nash >>> Any current or recently pg employed by the Lakers.

niko
07-03-2012, 09:32 PM
LA can offer three years $28M. That's not bad.

boozehound
most TPEs dont get used. besides they are so far under the cap, they dont get a TPE IIRC.

longtime lurker
Using the TPE it is. If he signs for 8.5 million in the first year. But I don't see PHX doing us any favors.

Well really it's up to Nash right now isn't it? Phoenix sign and traded Amare to New York. Really it's not like you're getting prime Nash and Phoenix will be a contender any time soon. The only thing is that I wouldn't put it past Brian Colangelo to offer Nash a max contract and the CN Tower to get the deal done.

sagr32
Steve Nash >>> Any current or recently pg employed by the Lakers.This. Nash would easily be our best PG since Magic.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes, Lakers. Get older. That will beat the Thunder.

G-Funk
07-03-2012, 09:34 PM

Sometimes offense is the best defense.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Phoenix Suns were on the map, ONLY because of "aging" Steve Nash.
The guy would bring outside shooting and arguably the best facilitator in the game next to Rondo.

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Sometimes offense is the best defense.

When your other options are Steve Blake and Ramon Sessions you'd take any warm body you can get at the point. Besides signing Nash might entice Howard to sign an extension with the Lakers.

takai
God I hope this happens. We'll improve dramatically.

rhythmic

LA probably would have swept Oklahoma with Nash this past year, do you even know who Steve Nash is? :facepalm

Maybe you guys forgot since he was stuck in Phoenix...

Pushxx
07-03-2012, 09:38 PM
steve nash playing alongside kobe on the lakers has been my dream for so many years. Even though they are both old now and both don't play much defense, I still wish with everything I got that it happens.

Kobe is still a great defender.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Only on ISH does Steve Nash become garbage as soon as someone imagines him on the Lakers..

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
LA probably would have swept Oklahoma with Nash this past year, do you even know who Steve Nash is? :facepalm

Maybe you guys forgot since he was stuck in Phoenix...

Yes, because Nash would've stopped Westbrook from ripping you apart and getting wherever he wanted to.

KyrieTheFuture
Some Laker fans really entertain me. They are absolutely terrified of not being contenders I love it.

pauk
Yes please! Want Kobe vs Lebron in the Finals :pimp:

Mr. I'm So Rad
Steve Nash >>> Any current or recently pg employed by the Lakers.

True, but he's just as bad on defense as any recently employed Laker PG. I mean, he adds much needed perimeter shooting and penetration ability from the PG spot, but I don't think he'd be a good fit with L.A. The bigs don't like to run much. On top of that, he's going to get abused by guys like Westbrook, CP3, Parker, etc.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Only on ISH does Steve Nash become garbage as soon as someone imagines him on the Lakers..

Nash isn't garbage. He just doesn't solve the Lakers' problems.

sagr32
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Kobe is still a great defender.When he wants to be sure. But he just can't be putting in the effort night in and night out on D without it affecting his Offense.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 09:42 PM
When your other options are Steve Blake and Ramon Sessions you'd take any warm body you can get at the point. Besides signing Nash might entice Howard to sign an extension with the Lakers.

We really don't need Howard if Nash comes, unless he commits.
Nash will make everyone's job so much easier, especially for Bynum and Gasol. Kobe can rest more, and Nash won't need to carry the load as much as he did in Phoenix. 24-30 minutes is reasonable.

I personally would be ten times happier if we got Nash without losing anyone, then attain Howard for Bynum.

Our team would, IMO, be the best in the league simply be signing Steve Nash. It would be ideal to then grab someone like Courtney Lee, Brandon Rush, Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen or Nick Young via our 3 million available.

Can still offer Hill and a pick for Beasley, I believe.
Nash has been my favorite point guard for over a decade, I absolutely love everything about his game. Not a defensive force, but my god, can the man run a team.

DuMa
i dont see it happening. Nash said somethign awhile ago about never wanting to join the Lakers because it would be weird with all the battles hes had with them over the years

NoGunzJustSkillz
Some Laker fans really entertain me. They are absolutely terrified of not being contenders I love it.
who you root for?

sagr32
Nash isn't garbage. He just doesn't solve the Lakers' problems.Not in the Long term it may not. But it does plug up significant holes in our team. We'd get an elite shooter and distributor. And Maybe with Nash our offense will actually look like we're running something out there.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 09:44 PM
True, but he's just as bad on defense as any recently employed Laker PG. I mean, he adds much needed perimeter shooting and penetration ability from the PG spot, but I don't think he'd be a good fit with L.A. The bigs don't like to run much. On top of that, he's going to get abused by guys like Westbrook, CP3, Parker, etc.
None of the recently employed Laker point guards shoot with the accuracy and pass as efficiently as Nash does. Would the Lakers preffer to get a perfect player? Sure.. but sessions and blake arent half of what Nash is.. which is the point.

Also, Gasol has been known to run when he feels hes gonna get the ball in transition. Its the ball-stopping habits of KB that dissuade him. As for Bynum, if Nash influences Dwight to head down here.. then hell be another player that would benefit from a facilitating Nash.

chazzy
07-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Sessions gave the Lakers absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Having someone like Nash helps the offense tremendously, takes playmaking duties out of Kobe's hands and while setting up easy buckets for everyone. Not to mention being able to hit open shots from anywhere off of Kobe's defensive attention. Consistent shooting and another playmaker is what the Lakers have lacked for a while now.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I do understand that. However, the Lakers have various problems.. one being having capable players.. so while some moves wont solve every problem, that doesnt mean that it wont improve the team. Nash on the Lakers obvious improves the team.

If all were doing is accepting situations that will solve the Lakers specific problems, then we should just give up... cause the Lakers are currently beggars not choosers. They will take whatever aid they can get.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, because Nash would've stopped Westbrook from ripping you apart and getting wherever he wanted to.

You are thinking too one-dimensional it's unreal.
LA lost TWO very close games, where they had a comfortable lead with less then two minutes left. That's with Pau Gasol playing absolutely terrible.

You honestly going to sit there and tell me Nash's presence wouldn't have made a significant difference? You don't think he would have made it easier for our bigs to get easy buckets, provide Kobe with rest and be a huge threat late in games? Westbrook wasn't the reason we lost; it was poor execution down the stretch that cost us the series. With Nash by our side, I have no doubt in my mind LA would have comfortably beaten the Thunder. Maybe not a sweep, but they would have won in six at the most and would have probably won the championship.

Again, ask yourself this: why were Phoenix in playoff contention late in the year? Now ask yourself, who exactly did they have last season?

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-03-2012, 09:48 PM
None of the recently employed Laker point guards shoot with the accuracy and pass as efficiently as Nash does. Would the Lakers preffer to get a perfect player? Sure.. but sessions and blake arent half of what Nash is.. which is the point.

Also, Gasol has been known to run when he feels hes gonna get the ball in transition. Its the ball-stopping habits of KB that dissuade him. As for Bynum, if Nash influences Dwight to head down here.. then hell be another player that would benefit from a facilitating Nash.

For Kobe's sake I hope you're right and (if this does indeed happen) it works out.

coin24
07-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Do it:applause:

Nash is a HUGE upgrade from those scrubs Blake and Sessions.. You cant even compare them.. Im betting some of you havnt even watched a Suns game... :facepalm

d.bball.guy
07-03-2012, 09:49 PM
He may not be a good defender but hey, he's Steve Nash.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Sessions gave the Lakers absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Having someone like Nash helps the offense tremendously, takes playmaking duties out of Kobe's hands and while setting up easy buckets for everyone. Not to mention being able to hit open shots from anywhere off of Kobe's defensive attention. Consistent shooting and another playmaker is what the Lakers have lacked for a while now.

The Lakers need youth and athleticism. It's the same thing that happened to the Spurs after 07. All of a sudden, you're just old. Offense isn't really the big problem, it's defense.

That team has been getting ripped up by quick guards for the last several years, but it's finally caught up to them now that Kobe and Artest have slipped defensively as well. If the Lakers don't improve their perimeter defense, they're still not getting out of the West. Nash doesn't help them with their biggest weakness.

Here's the thing, beating OKC means either slowing down Durant, Westbrook or Harden. The Lakers wouldn't be any more equipped to do so with Nash than they are now.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I do understand that. However, the Lakers have various problems.. one being having capable players.. so while some moves wont solve every problem, that doesnt mean that it wont improve the team. Nash on the Lakers obvious improves the team.

If all were doing is accepting situations that will solve the Lakers specific problems, then we should just give up... cause the Lakers are currently beggars not choosers. They will take whatever aid they can get.

There isn't a player out there that can fix all of our holes. :oldlol:
Even if we got LeBron James, people would probably say "But it doesn't fix your point guard problem".

People are so salty whenever they hear that the Lakers might get a good player...

ZeN
07-03-2012, 09:51 PM
He may not be a good defender but hey, he's Steve Nash.
There is very very little change that he actually joins the Lakers. I cant imagine the hate he has for the Lakers :oldlol:

But as for wishing that you could have him on the team.. exactly, dude is Steve Nash..lol

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Maniak
No.

rhythmic
The Lakers need youth and athleticism. It's the same thing that happened to the Spurs after 07. All of a sudden, you're just old. Offense isn't really the big problem, it's defense.

That team has been getting ripped up by quick guards for the last several years, but it's finally caught up to them now that Kobe and Artest have slipped defensively as well. If the Lakers don't improve their perimeter defense, they're still not getting out of the West. Nash doesn't help them with their biggest weakness.

Here's the thing, beating OKC means either slowing down Durant, Westbrook or Harden. The Lakers wouldn't be any more equipped to do so with Nash than they are now.

Acquiring good defense is usually always easier then acquiring good offense. Be honest, LA aren't losing only because our point guards can't guard the opposition: we are also losing because of our offensive inefficiencies.

sagr32
07-03-2012, 09:53 PM

Here's the thing, beating OKC means either slowing down Durant, Westbrook or Harden. The Lakers wouldn't be any more equipped to do so with Nash than they are now.It comes down to one thing with Nash the Lakers would have a better chance of beating them then they currently do. Whether or not nash helps on D he is damn sure helping on O

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

takai
07-03-2012, 09:54 PM
No.
:facepalm

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 09:55 PM
It comes down to one thing with Nash the Lakers would have a better chance of beating them then they currently do. Whether or not nash helps on D he is damn sure helping on O

I understand that Nash is a good player and better than what they've got, but they're looking in the wrong place. They need to get younger and more versatile.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
If you want to believe that was a close series, by all means. You could play that series 10 times and the Thunder would win in 7 or 8 of them.

1) OKC is a better team.
2) LA blew two leads, that could have had them up 3-1 heading to game 5.
3) Nash would have been the difference maker for LA.

You really don't have a clue if you can't grasp those simple concepts.
How was the series not close, because you're an idiot who only looks at the final outcome? LA had two games, and choked due to poor execution. Is it because they aren't as good as OKC? Yes, but it was still a lot closer then 4-1 and Nash would have made a huge difference. The dude is a freaking hall of fame caliber talent.

longtime lurker
[QUOTE=rhythmic

sagr32
I understand that Nash is a good player and better than what they've got, but they're looking in the wrong place. They need to get younger and more versatile. What young and versatile options are out there whose defense and athleticism would outweigh what Nash could potentially bring? Please name one if any.

chazzy
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Stopping an elite PG is about having a great team defense, not just one quick guy at the 1. Look at how Rondo tore up the Heat despite all of their perimeter defenders. It's about proper rotations, being able to hedge and show on pick and roll (which is something the Lakers have always had trouble with because of lack of mobility in the front line) and getting back in transition to stop easy layups. No available PG is going to significantly alter a PG matchup on his own right now. They have to get Bynum to be more active defensively if anything.

Obviously it would be ideal to get a ball hawk, because the Lakers do struggle with forcing TOs, but Nash brings so much more to the table offensively which is where the Lakers have trouble as well.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
What young and versatile options are out there? Please name one if any.

You gotta move Gasol. You're not getting it with mini mid levels or trading your junk in a sign and trade.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I understand that Nash is a good player and better than what they've got, but they're looking in the wrong place. They need to get younger and more versatile.
okay lets end this shit..

Youve told who wouldnt solve the problem.

Now how about you tell us the player that would solve the lakers pg dilema.

Who would be that quick athletic defensive minded player that is available to the Lakers?

oh aint the same shit? alright then..

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
i like nash, but i don't want the lakers giving him a 3 year deal. no thanks. if we are def getting dwight howard, i might change my mind.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Stopping an elite PG is about having a great team defense, not just one quick guy at the 1.

It's not just about point guards. It's about the whole perimeter. I actually think the Lakers' biggest weakness is at the three.

You need a Paul George type now in the NBA. Somebody that can switch off onto 1-4. That's the Lakers' biggest problem to me.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
i like nash, but i don't want the lakers giving him a 3 year deal. no thanks. if we are def getting dwight howard, i might change my mind.
that seems to be the issue with both.. one would likely persuade the other.. but likely none of em will commit long enough to entice the other.. which is why eventually none of this will happen..lol

BallsOut
okay lets end this shit..

Youve told who wouldnt solve the problem.

Now how about you tell us the player that would solve the lakers pg dilema.

Who would be that quick athletic defensive minded player that is available to the Lakers?

oh aint the same shit? alright then..

Kyle Lowry.

longtime lurker
It's not just about point guards. It's about the whole perimeter. I actually think the Lakers' biggest weakness is at the three.

You need a Paul George type now in the NBA. Somebody that can switch off onto 1-4. That's the Lakers' biggest problem to me.

There's maybe a handful of those players in the league right now.

ZeN

I love how your all over the place with your commentary.. how convenient.. :oldlol:

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM

So we're pretending that every player in the league is a free agent, and the Lakers have unlimited cap space to sign anyone they wish? :oldlol:

ZeN
Kyle Lowry.
Hes not obviously available to the Lakers presently. Houston has expressed that they are not currently interested in Gasol. Not interested in the only player that has even been on their radar.

Kurosawa0
There's maybe a handful of those players in the league right now.

That sucks, but we're talking about what it would take for the Lakers to win.

I love how your all over the place with your commentary.. how convenient.. :oldlol:

All I've said is that the Lakers' need better perimeter defense and that Nash doesn't solve that.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Kyle Lowry.
:facepalm

Get Nash for TPE.
Or get Lowry by getting rid of Pau Gasol?

Uhm I'll take the first option for a hundred.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
All I've said is that the Lakers' need better perimeter defense and that Nash doesn't solve that.

No shit, Sherlock.

sagr32
All I've said is that the Lakers' need better perimeter defense and that Nash doesn't solve that.But he makes them better and thats what matters if there are no other options.

Kurosawa0
[QUOTE=rhythmic

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Hes not obviously available to the Lakers presently. Houston has expressed that they are not currently interested in Gasol. Not interested in the only player that has even been on their radar.

That's news to me. The only way they can hope to retain Dragic is to move Lowry (who wants a starting gig). There's a tension there between Lowry and McHale.

Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin and Royce White would be the best value they could get in return for Gasol and considering the Dragic/Martin/Scola/1st round pick that was offered for Gasol last season, I think fair for both teams.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
That's news to me. The only way they can hope to retain Dragic is to move Lowry (who wants a starting gig). There's a tension there between Lowry and McHale.

Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin and Royce White would be the best value they could get in return for Gasol and considering the Dragic/Martin/Scola/1st round pick that was offered for Gasol last season, I think fair for both teams.
Read a few links.. that news is all out there.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
No shit, Sherlock.

If it's so obvious why did you get your panties in a bunch over it?

But he makes them better and thats what matters if there are no other options.

But how much better?

Okay, do you honestly believe that Steve Nash would really make the Lakers better than OKC? Really?

sagr32
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
You've got to break up your two bigs. It's that simple. It's just not going to be about getting a big name back, but pieces.Ok and that can't be done after we potentially get Nash?

Rekindled
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM

lakers defense has been fine. their problem was that they were 30th in 3pt shooting last year. which is pathetic cuz teams double and tripple team them in the paint and dudes brick wideopen threes.

nash would instantly fix their perimeter shooting

B
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
most TPEs dont get used. besides they are so far under the cap, they dont get a TPE IIRC.This. No TPE for the Suns, they can absorb the trade.

MeLO MvP 15
07-03-2012, 10:13 PM
DAMN. Thank goodness Nash said himself he can't see himself wearing a Lakers jersey.

That's like the same kind of money we'd be able to offer Nash.

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 10:14 PM

So you expect the Lakers to just magically pull this player out of their ass? I'll tell you this none of them are free agents and maybe some of them can be had by trade. Which Lakers could still do AFTER getting Nash. I don't really see what's the problem here.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Ok and that can't be done after we potentially get Nash?

They wouldn't do both. If you get Nash, that will be the move of the off season.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:16 PM

I have no panties and nothing is in a bunch.

And your obviously not just saying that those are the problems. Come on now guy, its obvious that your being argumentative for the sake of it. Your pointing out shit that is obvious and then saying that things need to be done that arent plausible.

The things you forcefully are saying that should be done, is futile argumentation. None of it is realistic and within the currently salary possibilities of the Lakers.

Yes the Lakers have a gaping hole at the PG and SF positions. Them making a move that improves either one shouldnt get discredited simply because it doesnt address every single problem on the squad.. Your acting like it does, is illogical. :oldlol:

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Lakers were not a bad defensive team.
Why the hell do people keep saying we lost to OKC because our point guards can't guard? We lost because Gasol/Bynum don't compliment each other well, lack of outside shooting and absolutely no ball movement whatsoever.

Nash literally fixes all those glarring holes.

pegasus
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
The Suns would only do it as a favor to Nash. They could get a couple of picks, too.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
I'll repeat, If Nash was on the Lakers this past season, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind we would have beaten OKC even without HCA.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
nash to kobe, bynum or gasol tho :eek:

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
DAMN. Thank goodness Nash said himself he can't see himself wearing a Lakers jersey.

That's like the same kind of money we'd be able to offer Nash.
The fact that Nash himself already stated that he could NEVER see himself as a Laker renders this whole thread moot.. Its funny how even knowing that, people still hating that the concept is being considered :oldlol:

rhythmic
The Suns would only do it as a favor to Nash. They could get a couple of picks, too.

The guy is a free agent, they are losing him for nothing.
I'm sure they would rather grab a TPE and a future pick for him.

Better then nothing...

NoGunzJustSkillz
okay, i changed my mind. bring on nash regardless what happens to dwight. steve nash might make bynum better than dwight.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't really see what's the problem here.

I don't really care either way other than I think it would be more entertaining to see Nash in Toronto or Dallas.

I really do feel like the Lakers are getting caught up too much in the big name players. Like the idea that they're a home run trade from just killing the league again.

They haven't drafted well, have gotten old and now don't want to break up a core that's run it's course unless it's for an awesome package.

Pau Gasol is only going to have less and less trade value.

sagr32
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
They wouldn't do both. If you get Nash, that will be the move of the off season.What? If a deal came along where they got better why wouldn't they do it. You act as if the Lakers are limiting themselves to minimal change.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
the fantasy being considered here is essentially Nash in exchange for 0 players..

In what world is that not a no brainer?

Nash - Kobe - Artest - Pau - Bynum

oh who could possible be in favor of that..lol

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I have no panties and nothing is in a bunch.

Sure. :lol

You're acting like a mad Lakers fan because I didn't blow smoke up your ass about your team.

It's honestly just not a move the Lakers should seriously look at. It's a move of a team that will continue losing. Like the Spurs getting Richard Jefferson.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:24 PM

Looks like a second round out to me.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
the fantasy being considered here is essentially Nash in exchange for 0 players..

In what world is that not a no brainer?

oh who could possible be in favor of that..lol
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Sure. :lol

You're acting like a mad Lakers fan because I didn't blow smoke up your ass about your team.

It's honestly just not a move the Lakers should seriously look at. It's a move of a team that will continue losing. Like the Spurs getting Richard Jefferson.
Im probably one of the most realistic Laker fans on ISH. Your blowing smoke up your own ass..lol

YAWN
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Looks like a second round out to me.

lakers with nash would of beat the thunder this season.

But yeah I don't think this has any chance of happening. All other deals would have to fall through for Nash to ask the Suns to S+T to LA.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
plus lakers can always trade nash after the first year.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Im probably one of most realistic Laker fans on ISH. Your blowing smoke up your own ass..lol

Okay. Whatever. Believe whatever you want.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
lakers with nash would of beat the thunder this season.

No chance.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM

wait.. did you just seriously equate Richard Jefferson's impact with Steve Nash? :biggums:

BlackVVaves
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
For the poster who said Nash would make Bynum better than Dwight, false. Dwight is better than Bynum through his commitment and effectiveness on defense. How does Nash solve that?

Sometimes I swear, the words just come out some of y'all's asses.

Nash would improve the Lakers lack of ball movement and scoring at the point, but that doesn't mean he's what the Lakers NEED. I don't understand why they won't just call Houston up and build a trade around Gasol and Lowry.

chazzy
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Like the Spurs getting Richard Jefferson.
LOL

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
wait.. did you just seriously equate Richard Jefferson's impact with Steve Nash? :biggums:

No, but it's similar move. Filling a hole with a player that on paper helps, but doesn't really change the wrong direction the team is going in.

boozehound
07-03-2012, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=B

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
funny, it took 6 pages to respond to a basic point as to why the suns wouldnt do this. It does not benefit them in the slightest, they dont get a TPE. Everyone is too busy wetdreaming about kobe as a spotup shooter on the nash slash and kick (yeah right), that they arent even bothering to vet the actual deals of this supposed offer.

That's actually a good point. It's not like this was ever going to really happen anyway. :lol

ImmortalD24
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
LMAO at people still propping up Kyle Lowry. Give me Nash over that midget anyday of the week.

stolper
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
The Lakers' two biggest problems are lack of effort defensively and perimeter offense/shooting outside of Kobe. Getting Nash for nothing would not improve the former but would improve the latter tremendously. There is no doubt that getting Nash without giving up any of the core players would put the Lakers at or near the top of the West. How is this even up for debate?

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Speculation is Phoenix might be more willing to do a SnT for Sessions and Hill. They are pursuing Eric Gordon and Dragic, which makes Nash disposable.

They are not interested in the TPE but they do like Hill and could use Sessions as backup.

I guess it's better then receiving nothing in return?
Also, if LA really wanted to acquire Nash they could pull of a trade with Houston that involves Dragic and Pau Gasol. The reason a SnT is necessary is so that LA can offer Nash a fair offer for the next 2/3 years.

Gasol & Hill to Houston
Dragic to Phoenix
Nash, White and Martin to LA

Can work out finanially, and will guarantee Phoenix the rights to Dragic.

chazzy
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
No, but it's similar move.
Not even close. Do you not realize how much of nothing the Lakers got from their PGs in the playoffs, not only in terms of their lack of production but also their ability to be threats as shooters?

boozehound
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Kurosawa0
LMAO at people still propping up Kyle Lowry. Give me Nash over that midget anyday of the week.

That's actually something I would think the Lakers should look into, kinda. Stop trying to get a real point guard. Why not go for shooters and athletes? Let Kobe run the offense.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
funny, it took 6 pages to respond to a basic point as to why the suns wouldnt do this. It does not benefit them in the slightest, they dont get a TPE. Everyone is too busy wetdreaming about kobe as a spotup shooter on the nash slash and kick (yeah right), that they arent even bothering to vet the actual deals of this supposed offer.
A couple of us have acknowledged that this isnt remotely possible due to Nash never seeing himself in a Lakers uniform and that The Suns would literally have to do it a favor to Nash.. Which is beyond implausible..lol

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Not even close. Do you not realize how much of nothing the Lakers got from their PGs in the playoffs, not only in terms of their lack of production but also their ability to be threats as shooters?

Bruce Bowen's dead body was San Antonio's small forward before the Spurs got Jefferson.

ImmortalD24
07-03-2012, 10:37 PM
That's actually something I would think the Lakers should look into, kinda. Stop trying to get a real point guard. Why not go for shooters and athletes? Let Kobe run the offense.
How about you shut your lebron nutslurping mouth. Bitch.

sagr32
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Bruce Bowen's dead body was San Antonio's small forward before the Spurs got Jefferson.Were the spurs actually missing something that jefferson provided like Nash provides for the Lakers though.

BallsOut

If Lowry is a midget, what is Nash?

Kurosawa0
How about you shut your lebron nutriding mouth. Bitch.

Okay... putting you on ignore now.

Maniak
Not interested in Sessions at all..I think I'd rather just have Brooks...

ImmortalD24
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Okay... putting you on ignore now.
Good.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Were the spurs actually missing something that jefferson provided like Nash provides for the Lakers though.

In theory, he did. People actually were a lot higher on that get at the time. It was obvious that the Spurs needed more size and athleticism on the perimeter.

It just wasn't till they got Leonard that the Spurs found someone to fill that hole.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
In theory, he did. People actually were a lot higher on that get at the time. It was obvious that the Spurs needed more size and athleticism on the perimeter.

It just wasn't till they got Leonard that the Spurs found someone to fill that hole.

You can't be serious...

pegasus
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

sagr32
07-03-2012, 10:45 PM
The only thing the suns would want to get is a pick. I don't think they have interest in sessions/hill

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think the TPE is something that the teams can "pass around" in trade deals as if it were a player. The Lakers can absorb a 8.5 mil. contract, but it doesn't mean it would then become the Suns' TPE.

But wouldn't it allow the Lakers to pay Nash more money?
In essence that's what the TPE will allow LA to do, is offer the guy more then 3 million dollars...no?

I understand what booze is saying, since Phoenix is under the cap that TPE would be useless to them. But I thought you can utilize the TPE in multiple scenarios for instance doing a SnT to the extent of the TPE on a free agent (8.9 million), which would allow LA to offer Nash more money for the first year (or offer him a longer term deal). Essentially allowing teams over the cap, who only have a mid-level exception to pursue higher-end free agents...

I'm not an expert on the CBA, so I am asking you guys.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Maniak
I would rather get something from nash than nothing, and that's why I'm hoping the Suns find a way to S&T. However I do not want it to be to the Lakers as that would be a direct stab in the chest to me and the Suns fanbase as a whole for obvious reasons.

I would prefer Nash go in FA than S&T to LA.

ImmortalD24
If Lowry is a midget, what is Nash?
A midget that can flat-out shoot from anywhere on the floor. Not only is he a great passer, the ideal facilitating PG.. but he's also among the greatest shooters of all-time. The Lakers desperately need more proven shooters to spread the floor for the interior game of Kobe/Gasol/Bynum (or Dwight).

Derrick
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I would rather get something from nash than nothing, and that's why I'm hoping the Suns find a way to S&T. However I do not want it to be to the Lakers as that would be a direct stab in the chest to me and the Suns fanbase as a whole for obvious reasons.

I would prefer Nash go in FA than S&T to LA.
I hope they s&t for Shump

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Can you read? I'm not saying that Jefferson and Nash are on the same level. I'm saying it's the same type of move.

It's the kind of move a team on the way down makes to make their path down a little less bumpy.

Your post is an oxymoron.
Little less bumpy? First off, Nash is ten times better then Jefferson and secondly, he would completely revamp the identify of this team.

He is like a fine wine; I don't care if he's 38 years old, the guy is still an amazing point guard in this league.

Derrick
07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Maniak
I hope they s&t for Shump
If they match the Shump offer that the Raps put on the table.

Kurosawa0
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Derrick][QUOTE=rhythmic

pegasus
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

NASH = BEST
07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
This cant be real right?

Laker fans are always coming up with crazy scenarios

Does any one have a link to this?

sagr32
07-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Okay, I don't want to ruin your fantasy man.Everyone here knows this will most likely never happen but you're acting as if getting nash is a bad choice. When the lakers are literally in Cap Hell right now and have minimal options. Like you said earlier they aren't getting any better pieces unless they trade Gasol or Bynum so a move that would improve them for the next couple of years until we get under the cap in 2014 is a bad thing?

sagr32
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
This cant be real right?

Does any one have a link to this?it was on david aldridge's twitter.

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't think the TPE is something that the teams can "pass around" in trade deals as if it were a player. The Lakers can absorb a 8.5 mil. contract, but it doesn't mean it would then become the Suns' TPE.

It would become the Sun's TPE. All the TPE does is stand in for a player's salary. The Suns would have until I believe December to use it and then it expires. They're under the cap anyways so it probably won't even matter to them.

niko
07-03-2012, 10:59 PM
You'd think if Nash asked them the Suns would do it. He pulled the franchise out of the shitter for what, 10 years?

sagr32
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
You'd think if Nash asked them the Suns would do it. He pulled the franchise out of the shitter for what, 10 years?thats probably what it would take.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-03-2012, 11:01 PM
This cant be real right?

Does any one have a link to this?

lol u going to commit suicide if this happens? :yaohappy:

NASH = BEST
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I could see why the lakers would be interested, but I dont think Nash would do it. Didnt he say on espn radio that he just couldnt see himself putting on a Lakers jersey? :confusedshrug:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-03-2012, 11:03 PM
You'd think if Nash asked them the Suns would do it. He pulled the franchise out of the shitter for what, 10 years?

agree...if he wants...the owner will drive him to LA and drop off at Kobe's mansion...

like u said...he made him millions & millions

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I could see why the lakers would be interested, but I dont think Nash would do it. Didnt he say on espn radio that he just couldnt see himself putting on a Lakers jersey? :confusedshrug:

it was more like an analogy...then anything else?

PickernRoller
For the sake of the team I'll say yes. For the sake of Laker pride f'ck Nash.

Anyway, unlikely to happen.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Everyone here knows this will most likely never happen but you're acting as if getting nash is a bad choice. When the lakers are literally in Cap Hell right now and have minimal options. Like you said earlier they aren't getting any better pieces unless they trade Gasol or Bynum so a move that would improve them for the next couple of years until we get under the cap in 2014 is a bad thing?

Here's what I think... The Lakers need to make a fundamental change. Getting Nash would be fun for conversation and the Lakers fans, but it doesn't probably really change a whole lot.

They're trying to add to a core that is no longer elite.

Would Toronto really say no to a Derozan and Bargnani package for Gasol?

Would Denver turn down something built around Wilson Chandler/Aaron Afflalo and pieces?

I really like Nash. I just think he's a poor fit for what the Lakers need.

NASH = BEST
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
lol u going to commit suicide if this happens? :yaohappy:

Haha, probably... :oldlol:

Man I would love to see my boy get his first ring, but not with the Lakers.

Ima give him a call right now and convince him not too.

:pimp:

IcanzIIravor
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM

But how much better?

Okay, do you honestly believe that Steve Nash would really make the Lakers better than OKC? Really?

Not better, but I think he would be a significant upgrade at the pg position. His floor IQ is off the charts. He is a 50% fg shooter overall, 40% plus from down town and 95% plus from the ft line. If we had him in the OKC series running things to close out the late 4th quarter with the leads we blew we had a chance to still that series. He is a serious upgrade not only as a scorer at the pg position but as a facilitator. Considering the other guys couldn't stop Westbrook or other top pg's I'll take a guy who can at least do something on the offensive end and can make the other pg's have to expend some energy on that end to guard him.

rhythmic
Here's what I think... The Lakers need to make a fundamental change. Getting Nash would be fun for conversation and the Lakers fans, but it doesn't probably really change a whole lot.

They're trying to add to a core that is no longer elite.

Would Denver turn down something built around Wilson Chandler/Aaron Afflalo and pieces?

Well, hopefully LA gets Nash so I can bump this thread next June and ask you to repeat your thoughts.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

They're trying to add to core that is no longer elite.

this shows u have not watched the lakers play or u r blind.....Lakers has ZERO ball movement last year and dead last from downtown....nash exceeds in both categories....

add nash to the existing lakers team and they beat the OKC easily

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Not better, but I think he would be a significant upgrade at the pg position. His floor IQ is off the charts. He is a 50% fg shooter overall, 40% plus from down town and 95% plus from the ft line. If we had him in the OKC series running things to close out the late 4th quarter with the leads we blew we had a chance to still that series. He is a serious upgrade not only as a scorer at the pg position but as a facilitator. Considering the other guys couldn't stop Westbrook or other top pg's I'll take a guy who can at least do something on the offensive end and can make the other pg's have to expend some energy on that end to guard him.

You think OKC is better then Bynum/Gasol/Bryant/Nash? :roll:
I think some of you think LA would be getting another Roman Sessions or something. :rolleyes:

Go look at Suns' roster and then explain to me how the hell they were in playoff contention last year.

JtotheIzzo
07-03-2012, 11:11 PM
if they can keep their current pieces, and have Nash run pick and roll with Gasol, find Kobe for easy looks (something that has never happened and something that will help him conserve energy), feed Bynum at the right time, all the while knocking down open shots...f*cking hell, I kind of want to see this team now.

LOL at these morons who think Nash won't make the Lakers better.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Noof
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Please pleeeease do it STEVE.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
if they can keep their current pieces, and have Nash run pick and roll with Gasol, find Kobe for easy looks (something that has never happened and something that will help him conserve energy), feed Bynum at the right time, all the while knocking down open shots...f*cking hell, I kind of want to see this team now.

LOL at these morons who think Nash won't make the Lakers better.
This..defense will still be an issue but I thought they showed signs of improvement in the playoffs. Nash better still have some clutch shots in the tank if he comes to la

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Listen, you're just a fan. That's fine. You can hope for what you want. Doesn't mean you have to freak out at everyone who doesn't share your hopes.

I could understand if it was someone like Kyle Lowry, or say Jose Calderon. But we're talking about Steve Nash, I feel like you've been living under a rock for the last decade I swear. I'm not freaking out, I just can't believe there are fans as ignorant as you out there.

Like I said, at least four times now: Steve Nash by himself kept Phoenix from being a bottom dweller the last 3-4 years (as a 33-37 year old). Guy has Gortac, Hill, Frye, R.Lopez and S.Brown on the roster and still managed to keep them in contention. :biggums:

WeGetRing2012
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
DO NOT want Nash. He doesnt play defense & is old and I don't think he would fit well with Kobe. Please can we just trade for Kyle Lowry + others from the Rockets ...

JtotheIzzo
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
This..defense will still be an issue but I thought they showed signs of improvement in the playoffs. Nash better still have some clutch shots in the tank if he comes to la

Nash lack of defense is really overplayed. He has never played with a true center (other than Shawn Bradley...lulz), put TWO 7-footers behind him and the whole worry is moot.

Ignore the knee-jerk reactions from the ISH illumitardi. Adding great players with other great players yields great results.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

JtotheIzzo
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM
DO NOT want Nash. He doesnt play defense & is old and I don't think he would fit well with Kobe. Please can we just trade for Kyle Lowry + others from the Rockets ...

you are truly a f*cking idiot, congrats, didn't think it was possible to be this ignorant.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM
like some body said earlier, we would be getting nash for nada...lowry, we're giving up pau. hmm, pau/nash>lowry+others

The Choken One
07-03-2012, 11:29 PM
It's up to Nash really.

I assume the Suns franchise has more than enough respect for Nash that if he asked them to do it, they would.

But on that note...I don't see Nash playing for the Lakers.

ZeN
07-03-2012, 11:50 PM
like some body said earlier, we would be getting nash for nada...lowry, we're giving up pau. hmm, pau/nash>lowry+others
That has been my only point. Nash would be awesome. An impossibility.. but something desirable non the less.

If were talking trading an actual player for him, thats something different, since it wouldn't necessarily be an instant improvement.

And yes i realize that the TPE or whatever salary absorption method could be used on someone else as well..lol

WeGetRing2012
07-03-2012, 11:51 PM

No we are giving up something. Nash doesn't solve our bench problems, build for the future, or make Pau a good 3rd option. And how are we supposed to get Beasley with Nash using the TPE. :mad:

ZeN
07-03-2012, 11:52 PM
No we are giving up something. Nash doesn't solve our bench problems, build for the future, or make Pau a good 3rd option. And how are we supposed to get Beasley with Nash using the TPE. :mad:

Calm down theres literally no chance that the Lakers get him :roll:

Scholar
07-03-2012, 11:54 PM

No, but he remained a top 3 PG.

sagr32
07-03-2012, 11:55 PM
No we are giving up something. Nash doesn't solve our bench problems, build for the future, or make Pau a good 3rd option. And how are we supposed to get Beasley with Nash using the TPE. :mad:We are in win now mode not build for the future. We have no contracts after 2014 so the way I see it is we have to maximize our next two years. Beasley would only solve bench scoring while nash solves our PG problems as far as distribution and shooting go. Nash is a difference maker beasley isn't

WeGetRing2012
07-04-2012, 12:01 AM
We are in win now mode not build for the future. We have no contracts after 2014 so the way I see it is we have to maximize our next two years. Beasley would only solve bench scoring while nash solves our PG problems as far as distribution and shooting go. Nash is a difference maker beasley isn't

Nash at 38 isn't a much better option than Kyle Lowry. And Nash dealt with injuries last and had trouble playing in the 66 game season. I really hope the Lakers won't waste time & effort on him. Move Pau for pieces, trade for Dwight & lets go! Kyle Lowry + Beasley + other pieces >>> Nash.

Also is we sign Nash, Sessions might walk and Sessions will be a very important component to our bench in the future.

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Nash at 38 isn't a much better option than Kyle Lowry. And Nash dealt with injuries last and had trouble playing in the 66 game season. I really hope the Lakers won't waste time & effort on him. Move Pau for pieces, trade for Dwight & lets go! Kyle Lowry + Beasley + other pieces >>> Nash.

Also is we sign Nash, Sessions might walk and Sessions will be a very important component to our bench in the future.

Nash & Gasol >> Beasley & Lowry.

sagr32
07-04-2012, 12:03 AM

Also is we sign Nash, Sessions might walk and Sessions will be a very important component to our bench in the future.While Lowry is a better option for the future we'd be giving up Pau for him and pieces while we wouldn't be losing Pau for Nash and if we do acquire nash we can still trade Pau for real bench depth not just beasley

SpecialQue
07-04-2012, 12:04 AM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

:kobe:

WeGetRing2012
07-04-2012, 12:14 AM
While Lowry is a better option for the future we'd be giving up Pau for him and pieces while we wouldn't be losing Pau for Nash and if we do acquire nash we can still trade Pau for real bench depth not just beasley

Pau can not be on this team next whether we get Dwight,Nash,keep Bynum or whoever. He can not be a 3rd option. So we should trade Pau regardless...

And if we can trade him for a package with Lowry from the Rockets we wouldn't need Nash. We shouldn't risk Sessions returning and Beasley to get a player we don't need.

WeGetRing2012
07-04-2012, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

wang4three
07-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Too bad Mike Brown has such a boring offense.

sagr32
07-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Too bad Mike Brown has such a boring offense.If this deal were to ever happen Brown should just give Nash the offense to run. He'll know what to do with 2 7 footers and Kobe. :D

SpecialQue
07-04-2012, 12:21 AM
The fact that Nash himself already stated that he could NEVER see himself as a Laker renders this whole thread moot.. Its funny how even knowing that, people still hating that the concept is being considered :oldlol:

[QUOTE=Steve Nash]

boozehound
07-04-2012, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

boozehound
07-04-2012, 12:27 AM

you are suggesting moving pau for lowry and scola and some young players? I do think lowry is the better option for teams to build a future around, but you are nuts if you think nash is washed up. Still, I have a hella time picturing him and kobe working out. a pg driver and facilitator with the sg who most needs to dominate the ball?

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Anyone who saw the Lakers play last year could see that the offense sucked ass, Nash would fix that...and getting Nash gives the Lakers the best front court and back court. just get some snipers and a scorer off the bench and it's over.

Nash 13/10/3
Kobe 27/5/5

Gasol 17/10/4
Bynum 18/12/2

Can you imagine what Nash & Bynum would do to Heat PG & Center?

DuMa
07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
ITT Laker fans latch on to false hope

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 12:30 AM
you are suggesting moving pau for lowry and scola and some young players? I do think lowry is the better option for teams to build a future around, but you are nuts if you think nash is washed up. Still, I have a hella time picturing him and kobe working out. a pg driver and facilitator with the sg who most needs to dominate the ball?

Kobe would be an idiot not to welcome Nash with open arms and prolong his career further by being primarily an off-the-ball scorer. He'd get more open looks, preserve more energy by not handling the ball every possession and won't be asked to play as many minutes.

By the way, thanks for answering my earlier question man. :cheers:

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 12:32 AM

Man, why piss on our hopes?
I mean, every fan in this forum is excited when they hear these type of scenarios regarding their team.

Yeah it's a very long-shot, my conscious keeps telling me I'm stupid for even engaging in these talks, but my heart is still hopeful.

We are nearing the Kobe era, it's sad times in Laker land. We are trying to keep our spirits high.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 12:32 AM
we r not going to get him

just stop

the lakers do nothing besides send out rumors and if they cant ****ing rape someone in a trade they just sign murphy kapono's

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 12:35 AM

just stop

the lakers do nothing besides send out rumors and if they cant ****ing rape someone in a trade they just sign murphy kapono's

its not the lakers that are spreading those rumors...did u hear mitch/jim buss came out and say that?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 12:36 AM

do you even have a team that you support?

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 12:37 AM

just stop

Yeah because after we were swept by Dallas, we didn't trade for Chris Paul, right?

Or is it Mitch's fault that Stern is a jackass?

bagelred
07-04-2012, 12:38 AM
I hope this happens so the Raptors get f-cked over for screwing Knicks over with the Landry Fields thing.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 12:41 AM
its not the lakers that are spreading those rumors...did u hear mitch/jim buss came out and say that?

doesnt need to be, they can just tell these guys what they are thinking about doing andd then they "leak" it

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Still, I have a hella time picturing him and kobe working out. a pg driver and facilitator with the sg who most needs to dominate the ball?
this is why its a GREAT fit imho. nash got a strong enough personality wont cave to kb. smoothest transition to making bynum bigger and bigger part of the offense. sessions aint throwing the ball in to bynum with kobe screaming at him...nash might.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 12:45 AM
this is why its a GREAT fit imho. nash got a strong enough personality wont cave to kb. smoothest transition to making bynum bigger and bigger part of the offense. sessions aint throwing the ball in to bynum with kobe screaming at him...nash might.

nash would quickly learn that once you throw it into bynum you are never getting it back tho, with kobr theres a chance

LakersReign
07-04-2012, 12:49 AM
I see no sense in him possibly going to Toronto, if the Lakers have a valid interest in signing him.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I see no sense in him possibly going to Toronto, if the Lakers have a valid interest in signing him.

play for home country, retire with no pressure, slightly more money

championship or bust, grind, try as hard as you ever have and possibly fail

LakersReign
07-04-2012, 12:55 AM

I understand all that, and it still makes no sense to me. It's almost like everybody wants to go play in Miami now. Knowing full well, the Heat have no cap space to do anything. I heard another rumor, that nash was also thinking about it as well. Wouldn't that also mean less money too?

boozehound
07-04-2012, 12:56 AM
fair enough. It would definitely be an interesting team to watch. Mike Brown wouldnt have to coach offense at all and just focus on the D like he wants to.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Paul Coro
@paulcoro

Phoenix Suns beat writer for The Arizona Republic and www.azcentral.com

Phoenix

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Lakers_Kobe_Fan]Paul Coro
@paulcoro

Phoenix

Brickz187
07-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Hope Lakers can get him. I want to see the Lakers vs Heat, Kobe vs Wade and Lebron in the finals before I die. Nash would help the Lakers ALOT.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Oh please. Nash is interested and you're not gonna let him do that?

I believe nash not wanting it more than someone is literally that big of a cu nt.

are u always this drunk or high or pissed at the world????

he is assuming ...if fcuking Lebron/Bosh can get a S&T done...so can the Suns...

relax

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
are u always this drunk or high or pissed at the world????

he is assuming ...if fcuking Lebron/Bosh can get a S&T done...so can the Suns...

relax

What kind of lowlife GM would not oblige Nash's wishes after all hes done for that franchise?

I just have trouble believing that. I hope its not true.

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM

I don't get that, he has been such a great player: how does he not want to go out on top? It's not like he won't be a gigantic part of the team.

I love the guy to death, but I just don't get that decision. I mean go play for Canada in the Olympics, try to retire with a ring in the NBA.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 01:02 AM
I don't get that, he has been such a great player: how does he not want to go out on top? It's not like he won't be a gigantic part of the team.

I love the guy to death, but I just don't get that decision. I mean go play for Canada in the Olympics, try to retire with a ring in the NBA.

after seeing him cry in that 2010 loss itd just be hard to put yourself out there again. i think it is anyways. im not sayin that means he shouldnt, but at some point theres enough failures to where its just like alright im done trying. especially that history of it being kobe who did that. i mean jesus christ, kobe alone is responsible for probably a full water bottle of this guys tears.

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=Lakers_Kobe_Fan]Paul Coro
@paulcoro

Phoenix

sagr32
07-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Lakers should throw a pick in. Sarver can't be stubborn enough to refuse a pick when Nash is leaving anyway

amfirst
07-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Well look on the bright side. At least someone can make a damn three pointer on the Lakers for once. It would open the floor for our post players.

Look at how difficult it is to defend LeBron because he has so many good shooters on his team.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Lakers should throw a pick in. Sarver can't be stubborn enough to refuse a pick when Nash is leaving anyway

guys 1 thing u need to understand...if lebron can get a S&T after "The decision"...nash will get it too

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:07 AM
after seeing him cry in that 2010 loss itd just be hard to put yourself out there again. i think it is anyways. im not sayin that means he shouldnt, but at some point theres enough failures to where its just like alright im done trying.

He would have a much much much better team around him this time around, honestly? I don't see LA losing to anyone with Nash.

We are not losing anyone, but simply adding Steve Nash. I honestly think this signing would make us better then Paul, Bryant & Howard trio. I just believe in Nash, and I know he'd bring so much to the table.

1) Clutch shooting
2) 50/40/90 type shooter
3) 8-10 APG
4) 13-15 PPG

Our offense was stagnant last season, we had no consistent shooters and our bigs had trouble co-existing. With Nash, it fixes all those glarring holes.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, because I will be heart-broken if this doesn't happen.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 01:09 AM
He would have a much much much better team around him this time around, honestly? I don't see LA losing to anyone with Nash.

We are not losing anyone, but simply adding Steve Nash. I honestly think this signing would make us better then Paul, Bryant & Howard trio. I just believe in Nash, and I know he'd bring so much to the table.

1) Clutch shooting
2) 50/40/90 type shooter
3) 8-10 APG
4) 13-15 PPG

Our offense was stagnant last season, we had no consistent shooters and our bigs had trouble co-existing. With Nash, it fixes all those glarring holes.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, because I will be heart-broken if this doesn't happen.

ya if i actually think how having the best backcourt arguably ever would be like with a top 3 front court in the nba its just gonna crush me like you said if/when it doesnt happen.

I'm just hoping the lakers do something, anything

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 01:11 AM
guys imagine this team:

Nash/blake
Kobe/morrow
MWP/beasy beasy for S&T J Hill
Josh Smith ..pau to atl for josh smith/marrow
Howard/scrub

lol

I LUV KOBE
07-04-2012, 01:12 AM
If that happen, greatest backcourt ever..

swag2011
07-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Lakers fans do NOT get your hopes up please lol. We've been disappointed before, and we don't even know if it's true that Nash wants to come here. Heck we aren't even sure if we can still get Dwight! Let's stay level headed here lol.

While it would be great to get Nash, i still wouldn't mind Lowry. Obviously Nash>>Lowry but i'm thinking at worst we can get him, plus he's cheap and young and pretty good.

But i gotta admit, getting Nash would make me happy as hell lol

SMoKe0uT
07-04-2012, 01:17 AM
OMFG calm down son. This isnt Fkin Prime steve nash we are talking about here.

Unbeatable??? :lol

get real.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Lakers fans do NOT get your hopes up please lol. We've been disappointed before, and we don't even know if it's true that Nash wants to come here. Heck we aren't even sure if we can still get Dwight! Let's stay level headed here lol.

While it would be great to get Nash, i still wouldn't mind Lowry. Obviously Nash>>Lowry but i'm thinking at worst we can get him, plus he's cheap and young and pretty good.

But i gotta admit, getting Nash would make me happy as hell lol

@paulcoro is 1 of the best insiders for the Suns...ask suns fans....

rhythmic
guys imagine this team:

Nash/blake
Kobe/morrow
MWP/beasy beasy for S&T J Hill
Josh Smith ..pau to atl for josh smith/marrow
Howard/scrub

lol

I value Bynum and Gasol more then J.Smith/Howard to be honest.
I wouldn't mind trading Bynum for Howard, and then try to acquire Beasley. I would love to have Morrow but I also think Goudelock is a solid reserve.

If we get Nash, I literally won't care about the rest of the season. As far as I'm concerned, we are set to win it all.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 01:20 AM
OMFG calm down son. This isnt Fkin Prime steve nash we are talking about here.

Unbeatable??? :lol

get real.

nobody said they would be unbeatable...

Maniak
07-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Paul Coro is a big name, yep.

Deuce Bigalow
07-04-2012, 01:22 AM
That would be awesome. Don't see it happening though. I'll be shocked if it happens. But the Lakers better atleast try to get it done.

SMoKe0uT
07-04-2012, 01:22 AM

1) Clutch shooting
2) 50/40/90 type shooter
3) 8-10 APG
4) 13-15 PPG

nobody said they would be unbeatable...

Different words same meaning. :facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 01:24 AM
That would be awesome. Don't see it happening though. I'll be shocked if it happens. But the Lakers better atleast try to get it done.

if nash is interested it will happen...with the tpe...why would it no happen? dont tell the owner...if fcuking dan gilbert can do it..so can the suns owner

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:25 AM
nash surrounded by super athletes like howard/josh would be insane

I think young, athletic, quick point guards are better suited for them though. They are good transitional bigs, with minimal low-post scoring. I am not sure if Nash can keep up with them at his age. Ideally, I would love to have a Howard/Gasol front-court but if we get Nash, I really wouldn't care that much about Howard anymore.

sagr32
07-04-2012, 01:27 AM
if nash is interested it will happen...with the tpe...why would it no happen? dont tell the owner...if fcuking dan gilbert can do it..so can the suns owner I don't know Sarver is a known cheap skate and in Lebrons S&T it didn't really matter because lebron could still go to MIA. Unless the Suns S&T Nash to us then we have no way of getting him unless he signs for the 3 Million Mini MLE which wont happen with Toronto offering 36 million

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Different words same meaning. :facepalm

Don't take my words so literally, geez.
Same was said about Miami, before they lost to Dallas.

Of course they are beatable, but I think they would be favorites to win it all.
Especially if they add a guy like Morrow/Lee/Young and trade for Beasley.
Maybe re-sign either Barnes or Sessions.

Nash l Blake
Bryant l Morrow l Goudelock
World Peace l Beasley l Ebanks
Gasol l McRoberts
Bynum l Gasol

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I don't think we will get him....but I'm glad they are trying.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 01:31 AM
I don't think we will get him....but I'm glad they are trying.

why not crisnor??? give me a valid reason? other then the owner wont do it bull sh1t

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:33 AM
why not crisnor??? give me a valid reason? other then the owner wont do it bull sh1t

It is a strong enough reason though. If the Suns owner does not want a rival to get Nash, he won't do it. Unless Nash really attempts to plead with him. But honestly, I don't think Nash will go through all the trouble as he probably prefers Toronto anyways.

sagr32
07-04-2012, 01:33 AM
why not crisnor??? give me a valid reason? other then the owner wont do it bull sh1tIt's not bullshit if it is the only way it can happen

dabulls23
07-04-2012, 01:35 AM
get this guy, the new steve nash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG4Ocyzq7-c

SMoKe0uT
07-04-2012, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Someone needs to chill the fvck down http://i45.tinypic.com/264hvv4.jpg

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 01:51 AM
"The truth is, I'm a little bit old school. It would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just what it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example -- I have the utmost respect for them and the organization," he said. "I think it was Larry Bird, he wouldn't have played for them. I kind of have that tendency, so it is strange. As a free agent, you're free to go wherever you want. I have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future. You have to evaluate in that moment." - Steve Nash

therammingman
07-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMoKe0uT
07-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Someone needs to chill the fvck down http://i45.tinypic.com/264hvv4.jpg

Whatchu Talkin' Son

:biggums:

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Whatchu Talkin' Son

:biggums:

Did I reply to you homie? Besides now of course...:lol

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 01:55 AM
NBA PM: Dwight Howard Wants Steve Nash

By Alex Kennedy
NBA Writer

EmailPrint 7 Comments

The NBA

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 02:05 AM
First team I'm hearing that Nash actually has interest in the Lakers via this post by Paul Coro, Suns beat writers and works for the Arizona Republic.

IcanzIIravor
07-04-2012, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
07-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Yes I think they are still the better, younger more athletic team. The better team does not always win remember? I think adding Nash would significantly close that gap, though I still think our famously boom or bust bench still gives them the advantage slightly. Having Nash as the floor general would certainly make me more optimistic about 1 final run in the Kobe led Laker era.

Well, Nash will make everyone's job easier; just look at what he did for Phoenix.

IcanzIIravor
07-04-2012, 03:13 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 03:17 AM
I can't help but consider the possibility of kobe actually taking open shots because of nash

It is just...wtf.. If this is actually happening..

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Who the he'll is crisnor?

C r I s o n e r.......son!

Anyhow....don't get me wrong it would b a gift. I just know that franchise does not want to do us any favors.

But if it is a ring he wants....nash with our big 7 footers and Kobe would be deadly.

Bosnian Sajo
07-04-2012, 03:36 AM
PLEASE LORD, if this works out then thank god we didn't use the TPE on MO :D

chazzy
07-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Nash and Dwight are two of my favorite non-Lakers.. these rumors have been awesome. But in the end, unlikely

Walker
07-04-2012, 04:44 AM
Lakers fans must be on crack if they think for even one second Nash would agree to go there.

Nothing against LAL here but it just isn't Nash's style to do this.

Raz
07-04-2012, 07:14 AM

I watched a few Suns games last season, and I was surprised how feisty Nash is now on defense. He gets after it, and is pretty good at staying with his man - as long as he doesn't have to guard a quick and athletic point guard.

He is a much better defender now than he was 5 years ago. His offense has slipped though.
http://www.82games.com/1112/11PHO1.HTM
Check: Opponent Counterpart 48-Minute Production

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nashst01.html
Check: Defensive rating - this isn't definitive, you need to actually watch game tape.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Paul Coro
‏@paulcoro

The Lakers & Nash are interested in a sign-and-trade. Sounds like there's no way Sarver would do that for the ‪#Suns‬ rival.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/220378682508836864

KeyNote
07-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Paul Coro
‏@paulcoro

The Lakers & Nash are interested in a sign-and-trade. Sounds like there's no way Sarver would do that for the ‪#Suns‬ rival.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/220378682508836864

TBH..it really shouldn't matter what Sarver wants..

Nash made the suns relevant again...made some of their average to below average pieces above average to all stars...he ran the show..even the past couple of seasons where they've been on the outside he's still ran the show with no complaints as the FO did nothing to bring in better talent to give him another legit shot at a title

So if the Lakers are the team nash wants to go to, and he asks you for a sign & trade, then you do it...same goes for if he wanted to go to the spurs, or mavs, or any other team the suns have had a rivalry with recently

Show that man the respect he deserves

wagexslave
07-04-2012, 08:16 AM
TBH..it really shouldn't matter what Sarver wants..

Nash made the suns relevant again...made some of their average to below average pieces above average to all stars...he ran the show..even the past couple of seasons where they've been on the outside he's still ran the show with no complaints as the FO did nothing to bring in better talent to give him another legit shot at a title

So if the Lakers are the team nash wants to go to, and he asks you for a sign & trade, then you do it...same goes for if he wanted to go to the spurs, or mavs, or any other team the suns have had a rivalry with recently

Show that man the respect he deserves
lol You say that as if 1) Steve Nash is entitled to some kind of special treatment by the Suns front office when he's LEAVING THE TEAM and 2) Steve Nash would be showing us loyal Suns FANS the respect WE deserve by ditching us for one of our closest rivals. Respect goes both
ways. :facepalm

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Not that fan loyalty matters back in the day of Kobe getting MVP chants at every arena he went to. Yes, including U.S Airways...ohh, and the TD Garden too so don't feel bad, even Celtic fans had a mental lapse once rooting for a Laker. That begs the question, Celtics have been svcking our c0ck for some time. No offense intended, just a way of saying.

Jyap9675
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Nash will be the scapegoat if Lakers screw it up next season. As you can see from Blake, Fisher, Sessions... too much pressure to play for Lakers. Lakers fans are so used to winning championships, I don't want Nash's legacy to be tarnished.