PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota pulling out all stops to get Pau Gasol.

NBA2k-Monster23
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
@CBNSportsTalk

Follow

The Minnesota Timberwolves are pulling out all the stops in an effort to land Pau Gasol.
Reply Retweeted Favorite
7:03 PM - 3 Jul 12 via Twitter for Mac

I don't know what offer they might make us but if it helps us get Dwight to then this could be great. I think Derrick Williams would be included in any proposed deals.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Nobody wants Derrick Williams.

fpliii
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't know about that...you're ditching both bigs then, and getting one premier player back in return

doesn't seem like it's worth it if Williams is going to be coupled with Bynum to get Dwight (who may be a rental)

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Nobody wants Derrick Williams.

Lol cosign. I have a feeling all the stops doesn't include Rubio or Kevin Love.

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
No thanks. They don't have enough to give up for Pau. A third team must be involved. The only player that the Lakers want from them that they're willing to give up is Beasley.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I'd rather keep Pau then get a package centered around Derrick Williams.
He is too unproven.

Rowe
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
It would have to involve Williams, Webster, + Sign & Trades of Beasley, Randolph.

Lakers should jump on that.

4 Forwards for a declining PF.

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
It would have to involve Williams, Webster, + Sign & Trades of Beasley, Randolph.

Once upon a time, Rowe said it was ridiculous for Minnesota to give up their 2nd round draft pick PF, Beasley and others in a trade that helps the Lakers.

Today Rowe eats crow.

Rekindled
07-03-2012, 10:03 PM

you cant play all 4 them at the same time can u

quality > quanitity . who the fck starts at 4 for the lakers? randolPH? rofl

NBA2k-Monster23
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
In any trade scenarios I don't see the Lakers taking on Derrick Williams. I see Derrick Williams going to a 3 team in a 3 way trade. Maybe something like this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c25xyaw

Now correct me if I'm wrong but everybody gets better in this deal. Atlanta would get a expiring contract in Webster, last year #2 overall pick in derrick Wlliams, and a 2013 first round pick from Minnesota . If it doesn't work out they could always flip Derrick Williams for others pieces. Minnesota gets Pau and the Lakers get Smith. I don't know if Atlanta wouldn't mind doing this deal but it's just a scenario.

Rowe
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Once upon a time, Rowe said it was ridiculous for Minnesota to give up their 2nd round draft pick PF, Beasley and others in a trade that helps the Lakers.

Today Rowe eats crow.
Not really.

I can't prevent stupid from occurring.

You know and I know Minnesota pursuing Gasol is ridiculous.

Rowe
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
you cant play all 4 them at the same time can u

quality > quanitity . who the fck starts at 4 for the lakers? randolPH? rofl

I'd start Beasley at PF.

He's a better fit for the High-Low with Bynum + has the ability to create his shot from the perimeter. Only problem is both he and Bynum are still young and somewhat immature for their own young age.

Rekindled
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I'd start Beasley at PF.

He's a better fit for the High-Low with Bynum + has the ability to create his shot from the perimeter. Only problem is both he and Bynum are still young and somewhat immature for their own young age.

any team with beasley starting at the 4 isnt going past the 2nd round

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Not really.

I can't prevent stupid from occurring.

You know and I know Minnesota pursuing Gasol is ridiculous.

No I don't. It's not ridiculous at all. Gasol is way better than Williams/Beasley/scrub fillers. This guy already single-handedly lead Memphis to good playoff runs and is a career 18/10 guy.

Williams doesn't have enough upside to warrant any trade involving Gasol coming back to the Wolves unless a 3rd team is involved where the main piece wouldn't even be Williams. He'd be like a throw in.

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Pek + Williams is the deal, I thought. Anyway, hopefully the Batum trade goes down if this happens.

YAWN
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Lakers send out Bynum & Gasol
Receive Dwight Howard, J Rich, JJ Barea

Magic send out Dwight & J Rich
Receive Bynum, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Chase Budinger

Wolves send out Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Chase Budinger, JJ Barea
Receive Pau Gasol

Then Lakers use TPE for Varejao!

:D

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
A Batum and Gasol off season would vault MN into a top 4 team in the Western Conference.

Rowe
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
any team with beasley starting at the 4 isnt going past the 2nd round
Same can be said about Gasol right now.

The difference is 1 guy is 22 and hasn't consistently played up to his potential and the other guy is 32 and is gradually getting worse due to unknown reasons.

I'd take the gamble that all 3 of Cool Beas, Williams, & Randolph "pan out" as they enter their prime years.

Rowe
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
A Batum and Gasol off season would vault MN into a top 4 team in the Western Conference.
You really think so?

FireMcFailPlease
07-03-2012, 10:21 PM
if we can do this while keeping pek, best front court in the west.

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Yeah. It wouldn't matter what seed we get, we'd be the scariest team in the playoffs.

SevereUpInHere
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Don't see any reason for Lakers to do this if they're not getting Pek back. Don't see any reason for Wolves to make Pek and Gasol split time at the 5 either really.

FireMcFailPlease
07-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Don't see any reason for Lakers to do this if they're not getting Pek back. Don't see any reason for Wolves to make Pek and Gasol split time at the 5 either really.
yea its all probably a pipe dream anyways. cbn sports doesnt even have anything about this.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
You really think so?
I wouldn't think it's out of the question if/when Rubio returns at 100%.

Maniak
07-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Hypothetically if they do get Pau, what does Minny's depth chart look like?

Does Love or Gasol take a majority of minutes at C?

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Yes, it would be too much of a good thing. We'll have to give the other teams a chance. :lol

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
We're after Hill and Steisma. One of those would do if we have to get rid of Pek in the deal. Darko is still on the Wolves.

hawksdogsbraves
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
No way this happens. They wouldn't do Gasol for Josh Smith, so what makes you think they'd do Gasol for a bunch of garbage?

Maniak
07-03-2012, 10:45 PM
We're after Hill and Steisma. One of those would do if we have to get rid of Pek in the deal. Darko is still on the Wolves.
That's true.

But how does Gasol fit in? Who starts? I'm kind of confused why the T'Wolves are looking at him aside from the fact that he's white.

FireMcFailPlease
07-03-2012, 10:48 PM

rubio/ridnour/barea
ridnour/ellington/lee?
bundiger/wes johnson
love/gasol/
gasol/pekovic

who knows whatll happen with batum/roy/whoever we're chasing...need a true SG badly.

PickernRoller
07-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Wasn't Khan the one to offer Love for Pau a long time ago? You wanna pull out all the stops. Lets start with that one....

FireMcFailPlease
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Wasn't Khan the one to offer Love for Pau a long time ago? You wanna pull out all the stops. Lets start with that one....
:roll: :roll: sounds good bro!!!1

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 10:51 PM
That's true.

But how does Gasol fit in? Who starts? I'm kind of confused why the T'Wolves are looking at him aside from the fact that he's white.
Gasol plays as C. Love plays at PF. Rubio and Gasol are on the same Olympic team. Imagine Rubio, Love and Gasol on the same team. Imagine the ball distribution and scoring. Not to mention Minnesota needs more length as it is up front. Gasol fits in perfectly.

RazorBaLade
07-03-2012, 10:53 PM
gotta give up pek, ******s

PickernRoller
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
:roll: :roll: sounds good bro!!!1

Sweet as honey :roll: :roll: :roll:

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, we'll give you a guy going into his prime while we take a guy getting closer to retirement. How many picks does Minnesota get for this? Four 1st rounders?

Maniak
07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Sounds good.

It's weird to me, but I guess I need to get used to guys who are more of PFs(although Gasol is really a PF/C) can fit into the C spot much easier these days due to how weak centers are.

PickernRoller
07-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah, we'll give you a guy going into his prime while we take a guy getting closer to retirement. How many picks does Minnesota get for this? Four 1st rounders?

I am just saying Khan's obsession with Gasol knows no bounds. He has a thing for Spaniards and white boys....weird I know.

longtime lurker
07-03-2012, 11:01 PM
They'd be better off dealing with Houston.

RazorBaLade
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
The only question is what angle are the lakers playing here? Bynum and pekovic is retarded. Pekovic and howard is retarded. Its all completely retarded.

PyrrhusX
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM

Settle down there.

04mzwach
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM
The only question is what angle are the lakers playing here? Bynum and pekovic is retarded. Pekovic and howard is retarded. Its all completely retarded.
Everything will be clearer for you when we unleash the "Mana from heaven" into your laps. :roll:

Raz
07-04-2012, 07:45 AM

I would jump all over that if I'm the Lakers, but I would want to re-direct one of those guys for a point guard that can play defense and hit a 3.

NumberSix
07-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Lakers with Kobe+Dwight+Love+Nash

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MJ(Mean John)
07-04-2012, 07:48 AM
I don't know about that...you're ditching both bigs then, and getting one premier player back in return

doesn't seem like it's worth it if Williams is going to be coupled with Bynum to get Dwight (who may be a rental)

Go back far enough, 3 bigs.

blablabla
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
maybe the rockets are involved
something like lowry and williams to la martin and gasol to the wolves and pek to houston

Pablooo5
07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
If the Wolves really want Gasol they have to trade Love (Lakers won't take nobody else).

NumberSix
07-04-2012, 08:12 AM
If the Wolves really want Gasol they have to trade Love (Lakers won't take nobody else).
It would be fun for LAL to get K-Love, but let's be realistic here. They're not gonna trade their young all-star, franchise player for an older, less valuable player with a higher price tag.

KeyNote
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
unless there's a 3rd team involved that has an attractive piece that the lakers want, I just don't see it

Not with the Wolves...quite sure Love & Rubio are off limits...so that means they just don't have enough..maybe call up a team like memphis that has Z-Bo..

I don't know

Pablooo5
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
It would be fun for LAL to get K-Love, but let's be realistic here. They're not gonna trade their young all-star, franchise player for an older, less valuable player with a higher price tag.

I think so,so I wonder.

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Khan is not trading K.Love for Pau...last season we tried and he denied. I think it was in 2011 (before the season started) that he wanted a Pau for Love trade. After Pau's abyssmal playoff run and K-Love's amazing year he quickly forgot his stupidity.

Khan is still trying to acquire Gasol by pushing D_Williams as the centerpiece of the trade to which I say fvck you Khan.

NBA2k-Monster23
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
The only way I see this trade going down is Minnesota must bring in a 3 team.

HeddaGambler
07-04-2012, 08:53 AM
How about something like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=87q2oo3

Minny gets Gasol.

Lakers get Al Jefferson, Brad Miller and Luke Ridnour.

Jazz get Derrick Williams and Wesley Johnson.

The Jazz have some extra assets to give if needed, but Johnson is basically a bust and Minny seem to be ready to give up on DWill2 after just one season.

Bosnian Sajo
07-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Lakers send out Bynum & Gasol
Receive Dwight Howard, J Rich, JJ Barea

Magic send out Dwight & J Rich
Receive Bynum, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Chase Budinger

Wolves send out Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Chase Budinger, JJ Barea
Receive Pau Gasol

Then Lakers use TPE for Varejao!

:D

Lol so we are basically trading Gasol for JJ Barea?...

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 09:10 AM
I think so,so I wonder.
There's absolutely no way Gasol for Love is happening, get over it.

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Khan is not trading K.Love for Pau...last season we tried and he denied. I think it was in 2011 (before the season started) that he wanted a Pau for Love trade. After Pau's abyssmal playoff run and K-Love's amazing year he quickly forgot his stupidity.

Khan is still trying to acquire Gasol by pushing D_Williams as the centerpiece of the trade to which I say fvck you Khan.

Did Khan really attempt to give up a 22 year old Kevin Love for a player nearly 10 years old? WTF was going through his mind. The Lakers have thrived off of making trades that make no sense. They won two rings with the absurd Pau Gasol trade which should have never ever happened. Kevin Love is better then Gasol and will have a better career then him.

ZenMaster
07-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Did Khan really attempt to give up a 22 year old Kevin Love for a player nearly 10 years old? WTF was going through his mind. The Lakers have thrived off of making trades that make no sense. They won two rings with the absurd Pau Gasol trade which should have never ever happened. Kevin Love is better then Gasol and will have a better career then him.

It was the other way around.

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2012, 09:35 AM

Oh, that makes sense. I was about to say...

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Didn't the talks originate the off-season right after the 10' Championship run? I bet it was Khan then....to which the Lakers prob said no in the search of a 3-peat with Pau. After the abyssmal playoff sweep talks resumed again in the following off-season to which Khan then said no after Love's breakout....I need to get my story straight.....it's been some time since then.

ZenMaster
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Didn't the talks originate the off-season right after the 10' Championship run? I bet it was Khan then....to which the Lakers prob said no in the search of a 3-peat with Pau. After the abyssmal playoff sweep talks resumed again in the following off-season to which Khan then said no after Love's breakout....I need to get my story straight.....it's been some time since then.

I've never heard anything except Kahn turned them down.

"I bet it was Kahn then" = Pure speculation that takes root in you thinking every move Kahn has made has been bad.

I could be wrong, but I've never ready anything about LA rejecting Love for Pau, never ever.

Rowe
07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
How about something like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=87q2oo3

Minny gets Gasol.

Lakers get Al Jefferson, Brad Miller and Luke Ridnour.

Jazz get Derrick Williams and Wesley Johnson.

The Jazz have some extra assets to give if needed, but Johnson is basically a bust and Minny seem to be ready to give up on DWill2 after just one season.
Jefferson is strictly a Center.

He wouldn't fit next to Bynum unless they want 2 big men struggling to get down the floor on offense or back on defense.

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I've never heard anything except Kahn turned them down.

"I bet it was Kahn then" = Pure speculation that takes root in you thinking every move Kahn has made has been bad.

I could be wrong, but I've never ready anything about LA rejecting Love for Pau, never ever.

Following 10' would have been a great decision imo, which is why it seems likely to me. I just really can't recall the rumors back then exactly although there were sources to back up the talks regardless...

A proven 2-time champion putting great, solid, consistent numbers in both runs against a young Love who wasn't yet an all-star caliber player nor had a big breakout year following the 2010 season....plz, Gasol was hotter than jalape

LA_Showtime
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Jefferson is strictly a Center.

He wouldn't fit next to Bynum unless they want 2 big men struggling to get down the floor on offense or back on defense.

Yeah, I don't see why we'd break up the Gasol/Bynum tandem and replace it with Jefferson/Bynum, especially when Jefferson is injury prone, doesn't play defense, and is less versatile than Gasol. :oldlol:

stallionaire
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Love for Kobe+Gasol+Bynum

(kidding, this is a knock at the Laker retards saying Love for Pau)

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Love for Kobe+Gasol+Bynum

(kidding, this is a knock at the Laker retards saying Love for Pau)

Way to troll and not troll at the same time....

Pau for Love only seems right....in my eyes. Love strictly a PF, Gasol a combo C/PF...

stallionaire
07-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Way to troll and not troll at the same time....

Pau for Love only seems right....in my eyes. Love strictly a PF, Gasol a combo C/PF...

Never happening. Love is untouchable. I don't want any of your players for Love, period. He's the greatest PF in the game right now and he's 23. Who's the one trolling? :facepalm

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Never happening. Love is untouchable. I don't want any of your players for Love, period. He's the greatest PF in the game right now and he's 23. Who's the one trolling? :facepalm

As long as Khan wants them I am cool. You forgot you got no say.....Gasol is the best combo C/PF in the game....yes I am trolling.

TheFan
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Lakers expecting too much... Gasol is a declining player on a bad contract... what do you want? Gasol for Kevin Love? get your shit straight...

Id jump on any deal that brings young players(forwards) and easy contracts.

04mzwach
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
JJ Barea, Webster, Williams is a fair trade for Gasol. It gives LA a lot in return.

PJR
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
You get Gasol for Kwame Brown, and four years later you think you're going to flip him for a 23 year superstar. :oldlol:

The Choken One
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Stat padding chucker.

and lol'd at the "I" comment...love kids who type like that. :roll:

LakersForlife
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
milicic for glass knee bynum and declining gasol

HeddaGambler
07-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Yeah, I don't see why we'd break up the Gasol/Bynum tandem and replace it with Jefferson/Bynum, especially when Jefferson is injury prone, doesn't play defense, and is less versatile than Gasol. :oldlol:

Injury prone? He`s missed something like 4-5 games over the last two years in Utah, and two of those were because he attended a funeral.

Al says himself that he is a PF, but has to play center.