PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Wade pitching to Ray Allen

Sarcastic
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Just posted this pic to his facebook:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/318892_10151013048298944_133882079_n.jpg

with the caption: "This looks damn good to me"

He couldn't just say "Come to Miami Ray"?

CelticBaller
07-03-2012, 11:10 PM
:lol

PJR
07-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Just following orders from Pat Riley da gawd. :bowdown:

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:11 PM

That's pretty much what he did.

Nash
07-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Lebron is tired of being double teamed and wants Ray to be guarded on the 3 point line because nobody is stupid enough to double team Lebron and leave the best shooter in NBA history all alone.

indiefan24
That's pretty much what he did.

And much more

AlonzoGOAT
Boshed hacked his facebook

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Paraphrasing Jordan, Bird & Magic thoughts regarding Miami's super-team, two off-seasons ago:

Back in our day, we wanted to compete against the best, so we can beat the best...so we can be called the best...

coin24
07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Boshed hacked his facebook

:lol :lol :lol

Can you imagine how many open 3s Ray will get playing for the Heat? Dont think anyone will be catching his record:bowdown:

NuggetsFan
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
f*ck your an idiot :oldlol:

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

DuMa
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
f*ck your an idiot :oldlol:

ahh yes the classic self ownage

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Losing respect for Lebron again. Best fu**ing player in the NBA and he's openly recruiting in the media for a player on his biggest rival currently? That's straight bitch stuff! I'm going to get accused of saying this because I want Allen on Clippers but it's true. Why is the defending champ recruiting that hard from rival team let alone in general? He's basically saying publicly "we need you!!!!" seems desperate.

Reverend Hoops
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Jordan sure turned down the best perimeter defender and then rebounder of his era to prove he was the best.

Bird sure turned down the maybe the post player ever.

Magic damn sure turned down arguably the great center ever.

Just so they could prove that they were the best!

:applause:

LelBron
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OFtGJ.jpg

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Losing respect for Lebron again. Best fu**ing player in the NBA and he's openly recruiting in the media for a player on his biggest rival currently? That's straight bitch stuff!

I swear sometimes all of you are 13.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah, Jordan sure turned down the best perimeter defender and then rebounder of his era to prove he was the best.

Bird sure turned down the maybe the post player ever.

Magic damn sure turned down arguably the great center ever.

Just so they could prove that they were the best!

:facepalm

d.bball.guy
07-03-2012, 11:22 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cool%20gifs/grand/stare-cool-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1226.gif

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Jordan presevered for the first six years, didn't betray his team and collude with Bird & Magic.

Magic and Bird stayed with the same team their entire career. LeBron blatantly joined forces with Wade and Bosh because they were all free agents.

Last I checked, collusion isn't the same as a front office recruiting players to help their superstar. Magic was drafted by LA, Bird was drafted by Boston and Jordan was drafted by Chicago. They all won titles, they didn't quit and never went out of their way to join another marque superstar and a multiple-time all-star PF.

All Net
07-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Losing respect for Lebron again. Best fu**ing player in the NBA and he's openly recruiting in the media for a player on his biggest rival currently? That's straight bitch stuff! I'm going to get accused of saying this because I want Allen on Clippers but it's true. Why is the defending champ recruiting that hard from rival team let alone in general? He's basically saying publicly "we need you!!!!" seems desperate.

No champion ever repeated by standing still with what they had. Lebron wants them to add to the team and be even better. Nothing wrong with that.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
No champion ever repeated by standing still with what they had. Lebron wants them to add to the team and be even better. Nothing wrong with that.

Do it behind closed doors. This is straight man crush level shit from the defending champ and MVP. Who else do you know that has ever done this in that circumstance? All of the top players recruit behind closed doors I'm sure...

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Like he's supposed to say "Ray Allen? Nah. Screw it. Give me James Jones!"

[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Do it behind closed doors. This is straight man crush level shit from the defending champ and MVP. Who else do you know that has ever done this in that circumstance? All of the top players recruit behind closed doors I'm sure...

:applause: The Decision and now this; next will be him performing public oral sex to Dwight during the all-star break so he'd accept a MLE next off-season

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 11:28 PM

So what you're mad at LeBron for not being lucky? He didn't get a Pippen, McHale, Rodman or Kareem to fall into his lap. He had to make it happen for himself.

That's something to shame him for? To me, that's one of the things I respect him the most for.

I know you like Lebron but you don't think posting Twitter pics of photoshopped players is a bit desperate? COMON man! Defending champ, defending MVP... have more pride. Recruit behind closed doors... don't start some creepy ass fan behavior.

Wavy Crockett
http://i.imgur.com/OFtGJ.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kurosawa0

You need to explain yourself better. You're not conveying why this is so objectionable.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:30 PM

So what you're mad at LeBron for not being lucky? He didn't get a Pippen, McHale, Rodman or Kareem to fall into his lap. He had to make it happen for himself.

That's something to shame him for? To me, that's one of the things I respect him the most for.

Perhaps join a team where you can create a legacy for yourself.
I'm sorry it's very hard for me to give this guy praise after he joined (at the time) the 2nd best player in the game. The guy could have created a legacy for himself elsewhere, and a team like Chicago would have been the ideal place. I am not saying James isn't a fantastic player, I just think he is a giant ***** who doubted himself; something legends never do.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:31 PM
I know you like Lebron but you don't think posting Twitter pics of photoshopped players is a bit desperate? COMON man! Defending champ, defending MVP... have more pride. Recruit behind closed doors... don't start some creepy ass fan behavior.

I really don't see why LeBron trying to recruit for his team is something that should be beneath him.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 11:32 PM
You need to explain yourself better. You're not conveying why this is so objectionable.

I did explain it. I said it comes off as extremely desperate which is something you never want to see from the defending champs who are just getting started. Not to mention to begin with I think it's lame to recruit a rival player onto your team. IF he's going to do all of this the very least he can do is do it privately.

Just give me ONE example of an MVP/Defending champ recruiting a player, especially from a rival team like this? You won't find one.

mjokc
07-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Dude just won a championship and is now laying in bed to recruit a rival? What a puss, dude couldn't handle being on his own team so he had to go piggy-back with wade / bosh and STILL needed help from the refs to take down the Thunder.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Dude just won a championship and is now laying in bed to recruit a rival? What a puss, dude couldn't handle being on his own team so he had to go piggy-back with wade / bosh and STILL needed help from the refs to take down the Thunder.

Exactly my point, Wade was James's closest rival and the two ******* joined forces to win titles. I'll never give them respect for that, don't care if people think I'm chewing dem sour grapes.

It's just how I feel, I felt the integrity was lost that day.

nbaballllller
07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

I LUV KOBE
07-03-2012, 11:37 PM
How much help does this dude needs.. I already lost respect from him, dude wants all to be his teammates, doesnt work hard and always like to be carried and take the easy rode to win. What a shame..

AlonzoGOAT
07-03-2012, 11:38 PM
How much help does this dude needs.. I already lost respect from him, dude wants all to be his teammates, doesnt work hard and always like to be carried and take the easy rode to win. What a shame..

Stopped reading

Kurosawa0
I did explain it. I said it comes off as extremely desperate which is something you never want to see from the defending champs who are just getting started. Not to mention to begin with I think it's lame to recruit a rival player onto your team. IF he's going to do all of this the very least he can do is do it privately.

Just give me ONE example of an MVP/Defending champ recruiting a player, especially from a rival team like this? You won't find one.

Desperate? It boils down to a version of "Hey, wouldn't this be cool?"

Not exactly what I would call desperate.

rhythmic
yeah all those guys played with nobodies..

...pippen, rodman, kareem, worthy, mchale, parish....

It's unbelievable how stupid some people are.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:39 PM
doesnt work hard and always like to be carried and take the easy rode to win. What a shame..

Do you watch basketball? :roll:

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

RaininTwos
07-03-2012, 11:43 PM
It's funny how moronic people get about sports. Dude goes out and surrounds himself with talent so that he can be best and suddenly that's a bad thing because he should have waited for someone to give it to him.

Priceless. I hope you apply that kind of logic to your everyday lives.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:45 PM

It's like wanting someone with a chance to go to Harvard to go to a community college, but at the same time produce equal results. :lol

BallsOut
07-03-2012, 11:47 PM
It's like wanting someone with a chance to go to Harvard to go to a community college, but at the same time produce equal results. :lol

Horrible analogy. It's more like asking your parents for money instead of getting a job yourself.

rhythmic
07-03-2012, 11:47 PM
It's funny how moronic people get about sports. Dude goes out and surrounds himself with talent so that he can be best and suddenly that's a bad thing because he should have waited for someone to give it to him.

It's okay that he decided to join forces with other stars, just don't ask me to respect him for that.

Fact is, it is the first time in history that two superstars of that caliber colluded to join forces. It's the perception that will hurt his legacy. He would have had a greater legacy with one ring if he preservered then 5 rings by literally taking the easy way out.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2012, 11:48 PM

Mainly the idea of him coming off a rival team I think that bugs me and the expressing it publicly on Twitter. If you told me he was recruiting behind closed doors I wouldn't give a shit. Not sure why you guys don't see that :facepalm .

RaininTwos
07-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Mainly the idea of him coming off a rival team I think that bugs me and the expressing it publicly on Twitter. If you told me he was recruiting behind closed doors I wouldn't give a shit. Not sure why you guys don't see that :facepalm .
This is the social networking era, Lebron is smart enough to understand that he can use that to his advantage. Now you're mad at him for using one of the biggest tools in his arsenal? It's so true that you can't please anyone.

It's okay that he decided to join forces with other stars, just don't ask me to respect him for that.

Fact is, it is the first time in history that two superstars of that caliber colluded to join forces. It's the perception that will hurt his legacy. He would have had a greater legacy with one ring if he preservered then 5 rings by literally taking the easy way out.

People get caught up in the stupid details(like the decision or free agency vs trades/drafting, adding talent is just that...adding talent), instead of looking at the whole picture. He wasn't satisfied with Cleveland's moves, left and joined up with Bosh and Wade. Took a lot of heat over the past two seasons and is now a champion. Now if you cannot respect a man taking his destiny in his own hands, networking to find people willing to help him reach his and their own goals and taking risks, you shouldn't respect anyone in the history of the planet. Not even yourself.

The NBA is a business. It isn't this fantasy land where people wait around and get the tools they need to be champions. The funny thing is we just saw an era of superstars playing on shit teams during their prime and it was the most depressing era in NBA History. AI wasted away in Philly, T-mac wasted away in Orlando, VC didnt have enough in NJ(literally no front court to speak for, their best big at one point was a late 30's Cliff Robinson) or in Toronto, Pierce had to carry the C's every single game for like seven years before they brought in the big 3 era ending all of this non-sense.

People hating Lebron for avoiding this and taking it in his own hands is just dumb.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:51 PM

In fact, couldn't you see it the other way? The idea of stealing a big player from the rival being the motivation factor?

All the guy did was retweet a picture. It's called 2012. Jordan, Bird and Magic wouldn't have done it because the internet didn't exist then.

AlonzoGOAT
07-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Clippersfan mad ray will sign with the heat b4 he even meets the them

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
This is the social networking era, Lebron is smart enough to understand that he can use that to his advantage. Now you're mad at him for using one of the biggest tools in his arsenal? It's so true that you can't please anyone.

Everyone is acting like this was a planned thing. He probably did this in a matter of about 3 seconds.

wally_world
07-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Gotta admit thats a darn good photoshop job tho

No Evans!
07-03-2012, 11:57 PM
I thought the Celtics and Heat hated each other.

Kurosawa0
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM

That seems to be a Rondo, Pierce and KG driven thing. Allen has never really come off as playing those games.

RaininTwos
07-04-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought the Cavs and Bulls hated each other, yet Kerr still played with Jordan.:oldlol:

No Evans!
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I thought the Cavs and Bulls hated each other, yet Kerr still played with Jordan.:oldlol:

That didn't stop the hate. Jordan punched Kerr when they were teammates

DuMa
07-04-2012, 12:08 AM

Gasol hates Kobe, but continues to play with his chucker ways.

and Jordan and Pippen hated the bad boy pistons and yet were open to having Rodman on the team.

rivals are not always forever rivals. nothing in the rule book that says that.

Brickz187
07-04-2012, 12:10 AM
People take these "rivalries" more serious then the players. I'm sure Kobe Bryant would say "hell no" to signing Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett :rolleyes: . . Ray Allan is a FREE AGENT, he is able to sign where ever he wants. If that is Miami, so be it. If it's not, we won without him and can win again without him. Lebron is just trying to make the team that much better. How dare he try to make the best team possible, that bastard needs to win with a bunch of Cleveland scrubs :rolleyes:

Hank
07-04-2012, 02:02 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cool%20gifs/grand/stare-cool-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1226.gif

heh

chosen_one6
07-04-2012, 02:12 AM
People take these "rivalries" more serious then the players. I'm sure Kobe Bryant would say "hell no" to signing Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett :rolleyes: . . Ray Allan is a FREE AGENT, he is able to sign where ever he wants. If that is Miami, so be it. If it's not, we won without him and can win again without him. Lebron is just trying to make the team that much better. How dare he try to make the best team possible, that bastard needs to win with a bunch of Cleveland scrubs :rolleyes:

This. Bunch of whiners and babies in this thread.

williams012
07-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Wait a second. Weren't all you people complaining when lebron didn't go out and try to get people to sign with the Cavs? Now his doing it, its the wrong thing to do?

Semi
07-04-2012, 02:25 AM
In Lebrons case I can understand it. The role players for the Heat shot pretty bad the whole playoffs (except the finals of course). You saw how effective Lebron is when shooters knock down their shot, when his passing game is working he's unstoppable.

But in this case I have to defend the haters too. The Celtics are the biggest rivals of Lebron his whole carrer. It seems a bit odd that he does this.

I<3NBA
07-04-2012, 02:47 AM
is Lebron caring what y'all losers think? is he?

http://therynoshorn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/lebron-trophy.jpg

at the end of the day, i'll go back to my home and look at my trophy and think about all the losers that cried about how i went about getting it and I'll call up Barkley and tell him: Yo, weren't you glad you wanted to compete against the best and not take destiny in your hands? :yaohappy: -Lebron James circa 2012

Hank
07-04-2012, 04:12 AM
forget lebron, Ray looks so good in a Heat uniform that I'm developing a crush on him

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/tumblr_m68s00FReq1qdo3jyo1_1280.jpg

ClutchOver9000
07-04-2012, 04:26 AM
the league has no more "rivalries". Its all in name. The players themselves are one big frat, there are few if any real feuds (Duncan-Garnett is one that comes to mind).

I thought that was well-established fact by now?

LeFraud James
07-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Lebron is tired of being double teamed and wants Ray to be guarded on the 3 point line because nobody is stupid enough to double team Lebron and leave the best shooter in NBA history all alone.

Riveting observation there Mr. Nash.

Please, tell us more.

LEFT4DEAD
07-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Paraphrasing Jordan, Bird & Magic thoughts regarding Miami's super-team, two off-seasons ago:

Back in our day, we wanted to compete against the best, so we can beat the best...so we can be called the best...
And what now? No really, are you that dumb? Would they compete if they were playing on a team like Lebron's Cavs.
Lets be serious here: they all had stacked teams, Magic, Bird and Jordan should be the last players to say this thing. Jordan never won before ariving of Pippen, so stop fooling yourself. Bird had every year throughout his career 3-4 HOFers on his team. And that almighty Magic Johnson, who played with one of the best players of all times, Abdul Jabbar and the best 3rd option of all times, James Worthy. Get that sh!t out of here for once.

Hank
07-04-2012, 04:43 AM
And what now? No really, are you that dumb? Would they compete if they were playing on a team like Lebron's Cavs.
Lets be serious here: they all had stacked teams, Magic, Bird and Jordan should be the last players to say this thing. Jordan never won before ariving of Pippen, so stop fooling yourself. Bird had every year throughout his career 3-4 HOFers on his team. And that almighty Magic Johnson, who played with one of the best players of all times, Abdul Jabbar and the best 3rd option of all times, James Worthy. Get that sh!t out of here for once.

And don't forget Magic Johnson held the league hostage when he said he'll only play with the lakers & Abdul-Jabbar but nobody else (right before he was drafted)

Tinseltime17
07-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Just posted this pic to his facebook:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/318892_10151013048298944_133882079_n.jpg

with the caption: "This looks damn good to me"

I actually don't think that looks good on him at all. He doesn't look right with a red jersey.

MMM
07-04-2012, 05:22 AM

Defenders have been leaving Ray open to suck in on Rondo so i'm sure he'll get his open shots if he decides to leave Boston for Miami.

All Net
07-04-2012, 11:00 PM
LeBron James ‏@KingJames
RT @DwyaneWade: 2morrow is a big day for #HeatNation..(Absolutely!! #HeatNation Stand Up)

EnoughSaid
07-04-2012, 11:05 PM

:eek: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DaSeba5
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

All Net
07-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Riley, Lebron and Wade got to admit is a pretty good pitching crew.

3zazer1
07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Celtic_Pride
07-04-2012, 11:27 PM
FML

Nash joining Lakers and Ray joining Heat

Just terrible!

3zazer1
07-04-2012, 11:28 PM
And what's up with the overrating of the Bulls role players? Yeah Pippen is a HOF and all but Jordan wasn't exactly blessed with the guys that Bird and Magic played with. He made the best out of his situation and turned Chicago into title town. Why are we disregarding that when we talk about the Lebron-help situation. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: