PDA

View Full Version : Why Ray Allen Should Consider Staying with Boston

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 01:14 AM
What really separates Ray Allen from most guys in the league is his character. He's worked hard and earned all of his accolades and success.

He's been on bad teams in the past, Milwaukee and Seattle and has stuck through thick and thin for his teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere. But Ray never gave up. It didn't matter that the Sonics got bounced out of the first round or that the Bucks wouldn't make the playoffs for consecutive seasons. You'd still see him in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? He's an old school competitors, who values hard work.

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even remember him as Jesus in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and beat the Heat, don't join em. :bowdown:

Doctor Rivers
07-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Ray Allen and Steve Nash both have a lot in common on the court, but what really separates two of these players from most of the league is their character.

They're both hard workers who have earned all of their accolades and success. Ray Allen, who has only played for one other team in his career, the Sonics before being traded to Boston and Nash who has spent most of his career in Phoenix after being traded from Dallas.

These two guys who have stuck through thick and thin for their teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere, no light at the end of the tunnel. But they never gave up, it didn't matter that the Sonics just lost by 23 to the LA Clippers or that Nash and company got hip checked out of the playoffs by Robert Horry. You'd still see these two guys in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? They're both old school competitors, who value hard work.

Nash, when asked about the possibility of joining the Los Angeles Lakers in this offseason stated this:

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even seen him in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and do your best to beat the Heat, don't join em. :bowdown:

Anything to weaken lebrons team right? :oldlol:

coin24
07-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Milwaukee bucks say hi

Brickz187
He has only been a Celtic since 2008, I really don't buy this loyalty thing. I really wouldn't mind if he stayed with the Celtics, but to think he has to be loyal to a team he only played for since 08 is ridiculous. Especially when they have openly been trying to trade him. They only want him now because of his high possibility going to the Heat. Like I said either way I will forever see Ray Allen as an all time great, regardless if he is Heat or a Celtic.

StateOfMind12
Anything to weaken lebrons team right? :oldlol:
This.... :oldlol:

I hope the OP isn't considered a Lakers fan by most people here. It's clear he just has Kobe's dick in his mouth and that's it, hence why he wants the Celtics to succeed more than the Heat.

What kind of Lakers fan would rather have their ultimate rival succeed over some random franchise in Florida?

:oldlol:

RaininTwos
07-04-2012, 01:18 AM
This sounds like people are afraid of Ray being on the Heat.

Hittin_Shots
07-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Bucks?

MisterAmazing
07-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Ray Allen and Steve Nash both have a lot in common on the court, but what really separates two of these players from most of the league is their character.

They're both hard workers who have earned all of their accolades and success. Ray Allen, who has only played for one other team in his career, the Sonics before being traded to Boston and Nash who has spent most of his career in Phoenix after being traded from Dallas.

These two guys who have stuck through thick and thin for their teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere, no light at the end of the tunnel. But they never gave up, it didn't matter that the Sonics just lost by 23 to the LA Clippers or that Nash and company got hip checked out of the playoffs by Robert Horry. You'd still see these two guys in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? They're both old school competitors, who value hard work.

Nash, when asked about the possibility of joining the Los Angeles Lakers in this offseason stated this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19426009/steve-nash-says-money-is-a-factor-and-it-would-hard-to-put-on-a-lakers-jersey

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even seen him in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and beat the Heat, don't join em. :bowdown:

:applause:

Ray just needs to ask himself, "What would Jesus (Shuttlesworth) do?"

DaSeba5

I hope the OP isn't considered a Lakers fan by most people here. It's clear he just has Kobe's dick in his mouth and that's it, hence why he wants the Celtics to succeed more than the Heat.

What kind of Lakers fan would rather have their ultimate rival succeed over some random franchise in Florida?

I don't get this either. How can any Laker fan root for the Celtics over the Heat?

coin24
Plus I think ray deserves a role like the heat can offer. Instead of running like an idiot all game and not getting enough shots like the c's do to him:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
:oldlol: You would cream your pants if Allen and Nash teamed up with Kobe & co. Admit it.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM

:oldlol: :applause:

DaSeba5
07-04-2012, 01:22 AM
:oldlol: You would cream your pants if Allen and Nash teamed up with Kobe & co. Admit it.

This

Hittin_Shots
07-04-2012, 01:22 AM
The team he was on the longest is the team you forget?

nbaballllller
07-04-2012, 01:29 AM
The team he was on the longest is the team you forget?

lol :applause:

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 01:37 AM

He'd play Lebron 1 on 1 to decide if he goes to Miami. If he wins, Lebron needs to GTFO and quit bothering him.

Derka
07-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Plus I think ray deserves a role like the heat can offer. Instead of running like an idiot all game and not getting enough shots like the c's do to him:lol
Personally, I think Ray deserves more than to spend the last years of his career being 1.) Castigated publicly when the Heat don't play well in the guise of "Lebron's supporting cast sucks, amnesty this guy Pat" or 2.) Ignored when they do win in the guise of "how great is Lebron, he has no help out there and he does it alone, *slurpslurp*". I think he can do better than that...really, that's all he's gonna get in Miami no matter how many rings they might win.

I balance that against the assurance that this will really be Ray's choice. If he wants to be that guy, and play no more of a role than "help Lebron win titles and get zero credit for it" than he completely deserves his fate. He deserves to sit the bench for Wade should that be his inclination.

I think he still has a role and a home in that Celtics locker room, but its all on him now. I'm not gonna hate the guy one way or the other.

Jax
07-04-2012, 02:10 AM
THEY SCARED NOW! :roll: :roll: :roll:

AMISTILLILL
07-04-2012, 02:11 AM
I've said it before, but Ray would essentially finish his career out as a glorified Eddie House in Miami. Spot up shooter with little to no value outside of that. People who claim he'd get decent minutes are fooling themselves. 15 minutes is a best case scenario.

If Ray signs with Miami, so be it... enjoy your time and thanks for the memories. However, I tend to believe the guy values hard work and enjoys remaining an integral part of whatever team he belongs to.

DuMa
07-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Milwaukee bucks say hi
the stupidity of the OP exposed in just 2 responses

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Personally, I think Ray deserves more than to spend the last years of his career being 1.) Castigated publicly when the Heat don't play well in the guise of "Lebron's supporting cast sucks, amnesty this guy Pat" or 2.) Ignored when they do win in the guise of "how great is Lebron, he has no help out there and he does it alone, *slurpslurp*". I think he can do better than that...really, that's all he's gonna get in Miami no matter how many rings they might win.

This is how I feel as well. He won't get his fare share of glory in Miami. In Boston, he'll earn every bit of it, albeit a bit harder, but at least it'll be earned through that hard work and not given.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 02:29 AM
I've said it before, but Ray would essentially finish his career out as a glorified Eddie House in Miami. Spot up shooter with little to no value outside of that. People who claim he'd get decent minutes are fooling themselves. 15 minutes is a best case scenario.

If Ray signs with Miami, so be it... enjoy your time and thanks for the memories. However, I tend to believe the guy values hard work and enjoys remaining an integral part of whatever team he belongs to.

Eddie House is good example. He was known for being a great 3pt shooter in Boston, then after signing with Miami and not doing as well got crucified as the scapegoat, thrown under the bus when Miami lost, and as a result is now on the verge of being ousted from the league.

I want to believe Ray Allen is different though.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-04-2012, 02:46 AM
I don't think the C's should worry too much about resigning him. If he demands more than a 2 year contract they should just let him walk, especially if they're gonna sign Terry. We already have enough aging Vets signed to long term deals.

dkmwise
07-04-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't think the C's should worry too much about resigning him. If he demands more than a 2 year contract they should just let him walk, especially if they're gonna sign Terry. We already have enough aging Vets signed to long term deals.

Only problem is the FA market this year is super weak. If they don't sign Ray, who else they gonna sign in his place?

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-04-2012, 04:17 AM
Only problem is the FA market this year is super weak. If they don't sign Ray, who else they gonna sign in his place?
Terry and Bradley at SG is enough. If Ray's gonna ask for a 3 year deal we should just let him walk and save cap space.

Hank
07-04-2012, 04:19 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/tumblr_m68s00FReq1qdo3jyo1_1280.jpg

Figlo
07-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Ray should go to Heat

pros
- Chance to win
- He play less minutes, so his old body won't suffer as much
- He'll get a hell of a lot of open shots

cons
-He'll be hated by more people than ever
(Will he take less money?)

nbaballllller
07-04-2012, 04:36 AM
lets face it, allen isnt exactly first option in boston either.

he is clearly 4th in the pecking order.

kg, rondo, pierce, allen

in miami it will be the same

bron, wade, bosh, allen

I see allen finishing games in miami and depending on his health getting good minutes.

rio, wade, allen, bron, battier rotation for 1thru 4. miami has the ability to be very versatile

Rolando
07-04-2012, 05:09 AM
It is now official that Boston signed Terry. I would love to see Terry and Ray both coming off of the Bench with Terry running the point.

LakersReign
07-04-2012, 05:19 AM

I balance that against the assurance that this will really be Ray's choice. If he wants to be that guy, and play no more of a role than "help Lebron win titles and get zero credit for it" than he completely deserves his fate. He deserves to sit the bench for Wade should that be his inclination.

I think he still has a role and a home in that Celtics locker room, but its all on him now. I'm not gonna hate the guy one way or the other.

I agree. As a Laker fan, I have no love loss for the Celtics. But regardless, Ray was more than just a role player in Boston. If he does go play in Miami, exactly what you said is going to happen. He's going to become nothing more than a glorified role player in "king james court.":facepalm

dkmwise
07-04-2012, 05:19 AM
It is now official that Boston signed Terry. I would love to see Terry and Ray both coming off of the Bench with Terry running the point.

That would be some great shooting coming off the bench. And pair them with Jeff Green at SF and probably Sullinger at PF (maybe Wilcox or even Bass depending how it shakes out) and Melo or Stiemsma at C.

That bench lineup could be just as good as a couple teams starting lineups.

Rolando
07-04-2012, 05:33 AM
That would be some great shooting coming off the bench. And pair them with Jeff Green at SF and probably Sullinger at PF (maybe Wilcox or even Bass depending how it shakes out) and Melo or Stiemsma at C.

Bass is a fairly solid scorer especially for a second unit. So, if he is resigned and coming off of the bench, that's plenty of fire power. It is hard to know how Green will play.

dkmwise
07-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Bass is a fairly solid scorer especially for a second unit. So, if he is resigned and coming off of the bench, that's plenty of fire power. It is hard to know how Green will play.

Hope Green is ok this year. Can't believe he's only 25 and needed heart surgery.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM

A Terry/Allen backcourt would make Boston scary deep..

PJR
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Ray loves Miami, and Miami loves Ray. Ray was the only player who congratulated Miami's players on the court in both the 2011, and 2012 postseasons.

Ray knows the Heat are a first class organization with Micky Arison and Pat Riley at the helm. And with the great team they have built, Ray will have no choice but to jump on the championship cruise. :applause:

ProfessorMurder
07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Ray should go to Heat

pros
- Chance to win
- He play less minutes, so his old body won't suffer as much
- He'll get a hell of a lot of open shots

cons
- Boston can win it all
- He'll be hated by more people than ever
- Less money
- Has to move his family and find new doctors for his kid
- New system where all he can do is spot up
- Play less minutes
- Be a role player and barely contribute
- Have a worse PG that doesn't pass nearly as well.

Neutral:
- Come off the bench on either team

Fixed. Yeah, just screams easy decision to go to Miami.

Nash
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Stop talking BS, you don't like Lebron and its killing you that Ray might play there.

And don't worry, Ray will stay.. Or go to Clippers.

I wonder if him going to Clippers would make you hate him too? You know, for all the reasons you mentioned about why he should stay with Boston. Why don't you mention them in your "stay in Boston" pitch?

RRR3
07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I'd like to see Ray stay with the Celtics.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd like to see Ray stay with the Celtics.

O'rly :biggums:

RRR3
07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
O'rly :biggums:
Yep. Don't think he'd help the Heat THAT much, plus his role might be diminished too much there. Also would be cool to see big 3 all retire as Celtics.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Boston is the worst choice for him and it's not happening and here's why.

1. Celtics are signing Terry. Yet another guy he would have to share minutes with.

2. The organization made it clear they were going in another direction when they made him Bradley's back up.

3. Rondo and Allen have a shaky relationship.

4. Celtics championship window is likely closed.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Yep. Don't think he'd help the Heat THAT much, plus his role might be diminished too much there. Also would be cool to see big 3 all retire as Celtics.

:cheers: Hope Tmac goes to the Heat.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
2. The organization made it clear they were going in another direction when they made him Bradley's back up..
No, he came off the bench because he suggested to the Celtics that he should come off the bench because they had no bench scoring due to all the injuries they had suffered.

Any evidence of this?

It will re-open temporarily if they can get Camby.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Boston is the worst choice for him and it's not happening and here's why.

1. Celtics are signing Terry. Yet another guy he would have to share minutes with.

2. The organization made it clear they were going in another direction when they made him Bradley's back up.

1. Terry can play backup 1, Allen starting until at least December with no Bradley and may remain a starter or play 20-24 minutes backing up Bradley onwards.

2. Bradley only started when Allen was injured. Please get that through your thick skull.

3. Mere speculation

4. Yea the team that took the Heat to 7 games and almost reached the finals window is closed. Clippers got their ass swept in the 2nd round. Why don't you say anything about that?

Besides the dumbass Clippers are about to sign Jamal Crawford to an MLE deal :roll:

RRR3
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
:cheers: Hope Tmac goes to the Heat.
So do I. T-Mac gets a ring, I at least can salvage some closure from his career:(

Clippersfan86
07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
1. Terry can play backup 1, Allen starting until at least December with no Bradley and may remain a starter or play 20-24 minutes backing up Bradley onwards.

2. Bradley only started when Allen was injured. Please get that through your thick skull.

3. Mere speculation

4. Yea the team that took the Heat to 7 games and almost reached the finals window is closed. Clippers got their ass swept in the 2nd round. Why don't you say anything about that?

Besides the dumbass Clippers are about to sign Jamal Crawford to an MLE deal :roll:

This isn't about the Clippers so why are you bringing this up? This is me saying Celtics aren't happening and are a worse fit than Heat and Clippers both. BTW Bradley is the starting SG in the Celtics eyes and continued to be after Allen returned from injury, including in playoffs so not sure what you watched.

AMISTILLILL
07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
lets face it, allen isnt exactly first option in boston either.

he is clearly 4th in the pecking order.

It's not a static thing that you can state in black and white. Each of the Big 4 has an opportunity to step up on any given night.

Nash
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Honest question, why won't Boston save money for Brandon Bass instead? They need a 4 and Bass was very good for them. Also he's younger and they already have Bradley and Jason Terry.

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Honest question, why won't Boston save money for Brandon Bass instead? They need a 4 and Bass was very good for them. Also he's younger and they already have Bradley and Jason Terry.

Kaman is under everyone's eyes....including the Celtics. I wonder who's gonna make the first move for him...

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 02:26 PM
This isn't about the Clippers so why are you bringing this up? This is me saying Celtics aren't happening and are a worse fit than Heat and Clippers both. BTW Bradley is the starting SG in the Celtics eyes and continued to be after Allen returned from injury, including in playoffs so not sure what you watched.

Miami Heat 10-12 minutes behind Dwyane Wade as an SG.
Make 3 million less per year.
Under intense media scrutiny.

vs.

Boston Celtics 20-24 minutes either starting or backing up Avery Bradley.
Make 3 million more per year.
Low profile.

Hmm tough decision. :rolleyes:

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree. As a Laker fan, I have no love loss for the Celtics. But regardless, Ray was more than just a role player in Boston. If he does go play in Miami, exactly what you said is going to happen. He's going to become nothing more than a glorified role player in "king james court.":facepalm

true dat

Nash
07-04-2012, 02:52 PM

vs.

Low profile.

Could you please stop repeating this all the time? You do know that a crippled Mike Miller gets 20 ppg?

All Net
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Ray makes the most sense in L.A. I don't see why he will return to Boston with Terry now there. He won't get the playing time not when Bradley gets back.

Guess we will see but if Ray does return that makes Boston's depth look very impressive. Just don't think it makes sense for him to do so.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 03:01 PM

Come back to Boston Ray!

Kiddlovesnets
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
The Celtics still have 2 more years left before they are completely in grave, too early to count them out yet.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 03:38 PM
The Celtics still have 2 more years left before they are completely in grave, too early to count them out yet.

Every year people say this. It's like a recurring 2 years until they're all 40 years old it seems :D

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 04:00 PM
It's not a static thing that you can state in black and white. Each of the Big 4 has an opportunity to step up on any given night.

That's what makes the Boston Celtics a real team. Any night, Ray or Rondo or KG or Pierce could have a 20pt game. It's not really viewed as any one person's team. Ray would have a bigger impact on Boston.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 04:54 PM
So do I. T-Mac gets a ring, I at least can salvage some closure from his career:(

Tmac can sub in for Lebron in the 4th and do his thing. :lol

Bigsmoke
07-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Ray Allen will be traded if he stays in Boston

FACT!!!!

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Ray Allen will be traded if he stays in Boston

FACT!!!!

For who? Derrick Rose? :coleman:

Bigsmoke
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
For who? Derrick Rose? :coleman:

for younger talent. :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 05:05 PM
for younger talent. :confusedshrug:

Derrick Rose qualifies as younger talent.

Hank
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
He's never going to win another Chip in Boston with Miami around, so the only logical choice is to join the Heatles. He will be more popular than he ever was in his 2 seasons with Miami, and being a part of Miami's 3-Peat dynasty

Miami is only going to get better and better as a team with having more time together for chemistry (even without Allen), and he knows all this.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 05:36 PM
He's never going to win another Chip in Boston with Miami around, so the only logical choice is to join the Heatles. He will be more popular than he ever was in his 2 seasons with Miami, and being a part of Miami's 3-Peat dynasty

Miami is only going to get better and better as a team with having more time together for chemistry (even without Allen), and he knows all this.

Aren't you the kid that thought Norris Cole was going to be ROY? :oldlol:

Derka
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Aren't you the kid that thought Norris Cole was going to be ROY? :oldlol:

I find it best to just let them talk. We knew that if Miami won a title, the summer proceeding from it would be full of this stuff.

All Net
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I find it best to just let them talk. We knew that if Miami won a title, the summer proceeding from it would be full of this stuff.

To be honest I don't think this place hasn't been anywhere near as bad as most thought with Miami winning it all.

Not as many threads that needed to be dealt with as I thought.

t-rex
07-04-2012, 06:55 PM
He has only been a Celtic since 2008, I really don't buy this loyalty thing. I really wouldn't mind if he stayed with the Celtics, but to think he has to be loyal to a team he only played for since 08 is ridiculous. Especially when they have openly been trying to trade him. They only want him now because of his high possibility going to the Heat. Like I said either way I will forever see Ray Allen as an all time great, regardless if he is Heat or a Celtic.

Any loyalty Allen had to the Celtics was wiped out when Ainge tried to trade him. There is reportedly still some animosity between Ainge and Allen over this. The Celtics have a very fair offer on the table (12 million for 2 years). Quite frankly, I actually think it is a little high. And it is more than he will get from Miami or the LA Clippers. If he leaves it is because the Celtics tried to trade him and took away his starting spot. Not because of money. I hope Allen stays, but loyalty in this case is a complete non-factor. And nor should it be. Teams are not loyal to players. So why should players be loyal to teams?

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Milwaukee bucks say hi

The bucks already have Monta Ellis.

CelticBaller
07-04-2012, 07:00 PM
http://changemakersorg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ray-allen.jpg

Because its in his heart

Don't leave Allen :cry:

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM

Because its in his heart

Jesus :bowdown:

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Come on Ray, one last run for your boys KG, Pierce, Rondo and Doc..

Velocirap31
07-04-2012, 11:12 PM
It would be funny if Ray goes to the Lakers now.

DaSeba5
07-04-2012, 11:17 PM

People predicted dooms day if the Heat won. This board really hasn't that been bad at all. There's hardly any Heat trolls from what I've seen.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 11:56 PM
What really separates Ray Allen from most guys in the league is his character. He's worked hard and earned all of his accolades and success.

He's been stuck on bad teams in the past, Milwaukee and Seattle and has still through thick and thin for his teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere. But Ray never gave up. It didn't matter that the Sonics got bounced out of the first round or that the Bucks wouldn't make the playoffs for consecutive seasons. You'd still see him in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? He's an old school competitors, who value hard work.

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even remember him as Jesus in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

:bowdown:

dreamshake
07-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I can't picture Ray in a Heat jersey. That's just wrong on so many levels..

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 12:11 AM

He's been on bad teams in the past, Milwaukee and Seattle and has stuck through thick and thin for his teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere. But Ray never gave up. It didn't matter that the Sonics got bounced out of the first round or that the Bucks wouldn't make the playoffs for consecutive seasons. You'd still see him in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? He's an old school competitors, who values hard work.

Be yourself Ray. Do it the old school way, the way you were raised to do it. :applause:

Hank
07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
I can't picture Ray in a Heat jersey.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/tumblr_m68s00FReq1qdo3jyo1_1280.jpg

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 12:48 AM

Because its in his heart

:bowdown:

PJR
07-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Steve Nash clearly isn't doing it 'the old school way', but I bet you love it now because the Lakers are benefiting.

Hypocrite.

OP EDITED THE STEVE NASH PORTION OF HIS POST NOW THAT NASH IS LAKER.

You're not slick. :coleman: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Steve Nash clearly isn't doing it 'the old school way', but I bet you love it because the Lakers are benefiting.

Hypocrite. :coleman:

Learn how to read. This thread ain't about Steve Nash. :facepalm

PJR
07-05-2012, 12:55 AM

Before the EDIT :roll:

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 12:57 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Hank
07-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Before the EDIT :roll:

BallsOut is so gay :roll: :roll: :roll:

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:02 AM

:applause: tell em

gilalizard
07-05-2012, 01:09 AM
He's already been playing with a couple of the biggest douchebags in the NBA, in Garnett and Pierce.

Perhaps he wants to improve on that record by playing with the only team, and players, douchier than the ones he already plays with.

dwhistle and LeRef > Garnett and Pierce

They're younger, more talented, play on a more shamelessly stacked team, get more farcical levels of ref help, and are bigger douchebags to boot.

The future's looking bright for Jesus!

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
He's already been playing with a couple of the biggest douchebags in the NBA, in Garnett and Pierce.

Perhaps he wants to improve on that record by playing with the only team, and players, douchier than the ones he already plays with.

They're younger, more talented, play on a more shamelessly stacked team, get more farcical levels of ref help, and are bigger douchebags to boot.

:biggums: Jesus wouldn't join the dark side would he?

Hank
07-05-2012, 01:15 AM
WTF you talkin bout son, Jesus hung out with the sinners.

In fact, the only person who ever touched Jesus' body was a non believer. Thomas asked jesus why should I believe, then after a long while, jesus asked Thomas to touch his wound

A total nonbeliever and sinner, was the only person who touched Jesus' wound, and got most of the glory

The story of Thomas is one of the best Jesus stories dude

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:20 AM

In fact, the only person who ever touched Jesus' body was a non believer. Thomas asked jesus why should I believe, then after a long while, jesus asked Thomas to touch his wound

A total nonbeliever and sinner, was the only person who touched Jesus' wound, and got most of the glory

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want [to coattail Lebron].
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death [Miami Heat],
I will fear no evil [Miami Heat]: For thou [KG, Pierce, Rondo, Doc] art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies [Miami Heat];

-KJV, 23rd Psalm

Hank
07-05-2012, 01:24 AM
I think its time you wipe out all your mass illusions buddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAGxjOr3vYA

+

http://www.know-thyself.org/ayahuasca.html

+

http://www.psychointegrator.com/2009/10/face-to-faith/

Thank me later ;-)

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:25 AM
I think its time you wipe out all your mass illusions buddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAGxjOr3vYA

+

http://www.psychointegrator.com/2009/10/face-to-faith/

Thank me later ;-)

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want [to coattail Lebron].
He restoreth my soul:

I will fear no evil [Miami Heat]: For thou [KG, Pierce, Rondo, Doc] art with me;

-KJV, 23rd Psalm

:bowdown: praise Jesus

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:33 AM

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want [to coattail Lebron to a ring].
He restoreth my soul:

-KJV, 23rd Psalm

Praise Jesus :bowdown:

gilalizard
07-05-2012, 01:38 AM
:biggums: Jesus wouldn't join the dark side would he?

That's the real story, ain't it?

How badly will the Heat's douchebaggery impact the league? Beyond the damage already done, that is...

Can a player with Ray's stellar reputation be corrupted by the promise of stacked, easy, ref-assisted victory in Miami?

comerb
07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Anyone that hates on Ray for going to the Heat is a ****ing tool. That guy has been nothing but a class act his whole career and deserves nothing but respect regardless of where he goes. Same goes for Nash.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Anyone that hates on Ray for going to the Heat is a ****ing tool. That guy has been nothing but a class act his whole career and deserves nothing but respect regardless of where he goes. Same goes for Nash.

Heat fans like you are shameless. Go bandwagon somewhere else.

comerb
07-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Heat fans like you are shameless. Go bandwagon somewhere else.

Go **** yourself

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:13 AM
That's the real story, ain't it?

How badly will the Heat's douchebaggery impact the league? Beyond the damage already done, that is...

Can a player with Ray's stellar reputation be corrupted by the promise of stacked, easy, ref-assisted victory in Miami?

Ray is the last of a dying breed..

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:04 AM

Agreed with this. :applause:

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Gotta hope Doc, KG, Pierce, and Rondo are continually talking to Ray. These guys have been through so much together, it would be hard for them to break it all up now.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Bucks?

Bucks already have Monta Ellis and Jennings.

PJR
07-05-2012, 03:44 AM
OP is a Laker stan who edited the Nash portion of his post like a true coward :no:

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:44 AM

vs.

Low profile.

hmmm..

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:45 AM

He'd have a 3some with 2 blonde chicks while dating prime Rosario Dawson. :oldlol:

Lebron23
07-05-2012, 03:53 AM
I rather see Miami sign Anthony Randolph. AR is also a Stretch 4, and a good shot blocker.

Killbot
07-05-2012, 03:58 AM
The most important thing that Ray should consider is that he established the location of his parking spot and airline seat to most of his Celtic teammates. He would have to go through that shit again if he was in Miami.

Think about that Ray....

:D

Jax
07-05-2012, 04:03 AM

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and beat the Heat, don't join em. :bowdown:What a fu$""ing coward, edited the Nash part lmao, Kobe STAN.

Hittin_Shots
07-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Bucks already have Monta Ellis and Jennings.

When I said Bucks i meant you missed out the seven years Rayray played for them in your OP.

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Garnett and Pierce would get your back much more than LeBron and Wade would.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM

true dat

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
The most important thing that Ray should consider is that he established the location of his parking spot and airline seat to most of his Celtic teammates. He would have to go through that shit again if he was in Miami.

Think about that Ray....

:D

inside joke? :lol

Nash
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM

true dat
You guys like to talk BS for the hell of it? James and Bosh are great teammates and never for a second threw their, for most parts of the season, pathetic teammates under the bus.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM
basketball is like poetry in motion

-Jesus

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Come on Ray, one last run for your boys KG, Pierce, Rondo and Doc..

:lol

Hank
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5llTNlwc3zg/TI3eIGuKvbI/AAAAAAAAANc/CGmPbMPsB7Y/s1600/godfather.jpg

HiphopRelated
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
OP is a Laker stan who edited the Nash portion of his post like a true coward :no:
best part is justifying the "Superior" role he would play in Boston

I'm sure he prefers backing up a scrub to a 1st ballot HOFer in Wade.

Let's act like Boston didn't just bring in Terry.

Ray can get 20 mpg easily in Miami

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 05:11 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Delusional. Wade plays 34-36 minutes a night, That leaves 10-12 minutes for Allen. In Boston, he starts or plays backup 20-24 minutes a night with Bradley. Can't argue facts.

Shade8780
07-05-2012, 05:11 PM

This is the biggest load of bullshit I've heard :biggums:

Derka
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM

You're gonna chop Wade's minutes then? Even better...you're gonna chop 30-year old Dwayne Wade's minutes for 37-year old Ray Allen?? Furthermore, you're gonna have Bosh and Lebron playing the 4/5 for 20+ minutes a night? You're gonna have to if you intend to keep Wade's minutes steady and give Ray 20+.

arifgokcen
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM

+111111111111111111111111111

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM

:biggums:

arifgokcen
07-05-2012, 05:39 PM
You're gonna chop Wade's minutes then? Even better...you're gonna chop 30-year old Dwayne Wade's minutes for 37-year old Ray Allen?? Furthermore, you're gonna have Bosh and Lebron playing the 4/5 for 20+ minutes a night? You're gonna have to if you intend to keep Wade's minutes steady and give Ray 20+.

Lebron/Bosh already played 4/5 regularly actually lebron played 5 too.

Thats their style.Considering lebron is actually bigger than most PFs thats not much of a problem.

Wade will be coming off knee surgery and since he will miss games anywhere from 10 to 25 games(he usually does),Allen will get more playing time in miami than anywhere else right now and considering spo limits wade's minutes to 30-32 minutes and miami likes to play without a true point-guard, allen will probably play more than 20 minutes.

However in boston he will not play more than 15 minutes.Possibly less than 10 minutes.Consdering they just brought in terry and bradley will be back as well.Considering rondo plays about 35 minutes and other 48+13=61 minutes will be shared among bradley and terry i dont think boston will play allen at all.

However he wants the money,he should stay in boston

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Lebron/Bosh already played 4/5 regularly actually lebron played 5 too.

Stopped reading there. Playing the 5 for 5 minutes in 1 game of the 66 game season doesn't count. Heat/Lebron fans spewing bullshit lies as usual.

A high character guy like Allen settling to play behind those divas to end his career in Miami would be a travesty.

KyrieTheFuture
07-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Are people really acting like a Wade/Allen/LBJ/Bosh/Battier lineup is impossible? Allen can easily get 20 minutes a night idk why everyone's tripping out. They only need to play 3 guards the whole night between the first 2 and Mario. Plenty of minutes for everyone.

Oh yea and Pierce and Garnett are super high class players who have never been taken off the court in a wheelchair and then miraculously come back or routinely hit people in the nuts or called people cancer patients. Great guys.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh yea and Pierce and Garnett are super high class players who have never been taken off the court in a wheelchair and then miraculously come back or routinely hit people in the nuts or called people cancer patients. Great guys.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/643479_o.gif

HiphopRelated
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
You see, Wade has the versatility to play more than 1 position

Derka
07-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Are people really acting like a Wade/Allen/LBJ/Bosh/Battier lineup is impossible? Allen can easily get 20 minutes a night idk why everyone's tripping out. They only need to play 3 guards the whole night between the first 2 and Mario. Plenty of minutes for everyone.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/lebron-james-carried-off-court-leg-cramp-nba-finals.jpg

Sorry, couldn't hear you over the sound of all that stupid.

Derka
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
You see, Wade has the versatility to play more than 1 position

Sure he does. He'll make a fine point guard and/or small forward for 20 minutes at a time. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale at a great price.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Sure he does. He'll make a fine point guard and/or small forward for 20 minutes at a time. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale at a great price.

Why Brooklyn of all places? :lol

Derka
07-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Why Brooklyn of all places? :lol

Cos they have a big f*cking bridge :D

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
A source close to Allen indicates the Celtics are making a heavy push to get this done, attempting to answer his issues along the way.

Allen told the Herald months ago that he didn’t want to have to sweat out another trade deadline after nearly being moved in the past, and word is the Celts are ready to comply with either a no-trade clause or a trade kicker that would get him a good sized raise in salary if he does get moved.

It’s also interesting to note that, according to the source, Allen would already have a deal with the Celtics if they’d met his asking price.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/celtics-reportedly-will-offer-deal-no-trade-clause-ray-allen-1779315/

So if the deal is 6 million per season (that's 3 million more than Miami can offer him), no trade clause and KG/Pierce/Rondo/Terry/Bass already resigned, what's Ray waiting for? :confusedshrug:

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Stopped reading there. Playing the 5 for 5 minutes in 1 game of the 66 game season doesn't count. Heat/Lebron fans spewing bullshit lies as usual.

A high character guy like Allen settling to play behind those divas to end his career in Miami would be a travesty.

It's what they do best....make stuff up:rolleyes:

Yeah Lebron can supposedly play all 5 positions on the floor. Which is exactly why he only has SOME post and NOT a COMPLETE post GAME. Then they turn right around and talk about how he supposedly "shut down" guys like Bynum, and Howard. By only guarding them for like 5 minutes:facepalm

DaSeba5
07-05-2012, 06:40 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/643479_o.gif

HiphopRelated
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Wade has no problem playing mins @ pg, he's done it his whole career

But I realize you're in this for irritation not logic...carry on

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Milwaukee bucks say hi

hihi

Derka
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Wade has no problem playing mins @ pg, he's done it his whole career

But I realize you're in this for irritation not logic...carry on

Nothing you've posted is logical. You're literally making stuff up.

Wade is not playing the point in 20+ minute stretches. Lebron is not playing the 4 and Bosh is not playing the 5 in 20+ minutes stretches. They never have. You are making this up to fit an argument. Please never try to castigate someone else for lack of logic ever again.

Nash
07-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Crippled Mike Miller played 20 mpg last season. Ray will get plenty of minutes. And in the playoffs, Miami go all small ball which probably means Ray getting to start just like Battier got to do.

Hank
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Crippled Mike Miller played 20 mpg last season. Ray will get plenty of minutes.. And in the playoffs, Miami go all small ball which probably means Ray getting to start just like Battier got to do.

yup

Kurosawa0
07-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Miami will certainly play unorthodox lineups with Allen, if they get him.

I'd believe fully that they'll probably close most games with a Wade-Allen-Battier-LeBron-Bosh lineup. They originally envisioned their main lineup to be Wade-Miller-LeBron-Bosh-Haslem This is just an upgraded and more versatile version of that idea.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Miami will certainly play unorthodox lineups with Allen, if they get him.

I'd believe fully that they'll probably close most games with a Wade-Allen-Battier-LeBron-Bosh lineup. They originally envisioned their main lineup to be Wade-Miller-LeBron-Bosh-Haslem This is just an upgraded and more versatile version of that idea.

Wade is not a 1. Battier is not a 3. Lebron is not a 4. Bosh is not a 5.

You want Miami to get Allen so that the other 4 guys can play out of position?

Talk about stupid basketball. In an 82 game season, they'll be lucky if they make it to the playoffs playing that lineup with players playing out of position every single night. Just ask Gerald Wallace what playing at the 4 did for his career. The guy suffered like 4 concussions in one season because the PFs hammered him so much. And Bosh, the RuPaul of big men, at C? :roll:

Let's be realistic. Allen is a better fit in Boston and will get more playing time with everyone else playing their NATURAL positions. He'll make it easier for his teammates in Boston rather than Miami. In Boston, guys won't have to adjust how they play to suit him whereas in Miami, guys will have to go out of their way.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
A source close to Allen indicates the Celtics are making a heavy push to get this done, attempting to answer his issues along the way.

Allen told the Herald months ago that he didn’t want to have to sweat out another trade deadline after nearly being moved in the past, and word is the Celts are ready to comply with either a no-trade clause or a trade kicker that would get him a good sized raise in salary if he does get moved.

It’s also interesting to note that, according to the source, Allen would already have a deal with the Celtics if they’d met his asking price.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/celtics-reportedly-will-offer-deal-no-trade-clause-ray-allen-1779315/[/QUOTE]

If deal goes through, Allen would be 1 of 3 players in the league to have a no-trade clause in his contract. The other 2 players, Kobe and Dirk.

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/celtics-reportedly-will-offer-deal-no-trade-clause-ray-allen-1779315/

If deal goes through, Allen would be 1 of 3 players in the league to have a no-trade clause in his contract. The other 2 players, Kobe and Dirk.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what his asking price is? As well as what Boston offered vs. Miami's?

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 07:49 PM
If deal goes through, Allen would be 1 of 3 players in the league to have a no-trade clause in his contract. The other 2 players, Kobe and Dirk.

Do you know what his asking price is? As well as what Boston offered vs. Miami's?[/QUOTE]

I think Ray stays in Boston. This whole situation reminds me of what Fisher two years ago. Felt under appreciated, flirted with other teams, ended up getting an extra year and maybe a couple million more than he originally would have.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Do you know what his asking price is? As well as what Boston offered vs. Miami's?[/QUOTE]

Word on the street is Boston is offering 2 years, 6 million per year. Miami is offering the mini MLE, 3 years, 3 million per year.

I'm not sure what Allen's asking price is but I guess more than 6 million. It would be weird if he declined 6 million to go with 3 million, if his issue was wanting more than 6 million.

Gotta hope he puts real thought into this, it could be his last major deal. Players who receive mini MLE's almost never get contract years afterwards, mostly just veteran's minimums.

With the two year contract offer from Boston, if he takes it, he'd still be able to go for a mini MLE with another team when its up, or re-up with Boston and that no-trade clause is nice. Pretty much says, Ray you only go where you want to go.

So from a business perspective, by offering twice the money and a no-trade clause, the best deal is from Boston, no question.

chips93
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Wade is not a 1. Battier is not a 3. Lebron is not a 4. Bosh is not a 5.

You want Miami to get Allen so that the other 4 guys can play out of position?

Talk about stupid basketball. In an 82 game season, they'll be lucky if they make it to the playoffs playing that lineup with players playing out of position every single night. Just ask Gerald Wallace what playing at the 4 did for his career. The guy suffered like 4 concussions in one season because the PFs hammered him so much. And Bosh, the RuPaul of big men, at C? :roll:

the guy you quoted said that they would close with that line-up, like they did this past post season, with bosh at center, and bron at the 4. it was pretty effective, and will no doubt be effective with ray allen thrown in

Derka
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
If Ray turns down $6 million per (his best money offer from ANY team reported thus far..that "he'd have taken the Boston offer if it met his asking price" report source has to be bogus) PLUS a no-trade clause...then clearly he just doesn't want to be in Boston anymore. At that point, the best deal business-wise is really irrelevant.

Hank
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
lol at people asking why Allen is staying over in Miami. apparently you kids have never been to Miami ..

it's called "perks"

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/611950166.jpg

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
the guy you quoted said that they would close with that line-up, like they did this past post season, with bosh at center, and bron at the 4. it was pretty effective, and will no doubt be effective with ray allen thrown in

That's the lineup they were forced to played in the playoffs because of Bosh's injury for mulitple weeks. In the 66 games before, the conventional lineup was Anthony,Bosh,Lebron, Wade, and Chalmers. Assuming Bosh is going to play next season, and there will be 82 games it'd be stupid to play out of position for 82 games in the regular season, get all that wear and tear on their bodies before the playoffs even start.

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Word on the street is Boston is offering 2 years, 6 million per year. Miami is offering the mini MLE, 3 years, 3 million per year.

I'm not sure what Allen's asking price is but I guess more than 6 million. It would be weird if he declined 6 million to go with 3 million, if his issue was wanting more than 6 million.

Gotta hope he puts real thought into this, it could be his last major deal. Players who receive mini MLE's almost never get contract years afterwards, mostly just veteran's minimums.

With the two year contract offer from Boston, if he takes it, he'd still be able to go for a mini MLE with another team when its up, or re-up with Boston and that no-trade clause is nice. Pretty much says, Ray you only go where you want to go.

So from a business perspective, by offering twice the money and a no-trade clause, the best deal is from Boston, no question.

Okay that's what I thought.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
lol at people asking why Allen is staying over in Miami. apparently you kids have never been to Miami ..

it's called "perks"

Ray Allen is married...

lol just kidding that doesn't matter.

He's an NBA player. It doesn't matter where he goes, he's going to get ass thrown at him.

Kingwillball
07-05-2012, 08:00 PM

it's called "perks"

Yup and Ray is Staying overnight in Miami probably to 'THINK" about things some more and to irion some things out..

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 08:35 PM
If Ray turns down $6 million per (his best money offer from ANY team reported thus far..that "he'd have taken the Boston offer if it met his asking price" report source has to be bogus) PLUS a no-trade clause...then clearly he just doesn't want to be in Boston anymore. At that point, the best deal business-wise is really irrelevant.

Pretty much.

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 08:36 PM

The no trade clause was just added tonight from what I heard.

Derka
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM

And its a damn good thing to have, which is what leads me to believe that if Ray turns it down...he just doesn't want to be in Boston anymore.

I don't for a second believe these fools who are deluded enough to think Riley won't trade him in a heartbeat if the deal is right. Loyalty means piss to Riley, he wants a winner and if some guy increases his chances of doing that...g'bye Ray Ray.

KyrieTheFuture
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
And its a damn good thing to have, which is what leads me to believe that if Ray turns it down...he just doesn't want to be in Boston anymore.

I don't for a second believe these fools who are deluded enough to think Riley won't trade him in a heartbeat if the deal is right. Loyalty means piss to Riley, he wants a winner and if some guy increases his chances of doing that...g'bye Ray Ray.

Ainge isn't the exact same way? **** outta here

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM

Can't trade someone with a no trade clause :hammerhead:

Derka
07-05-2012, 09:09 PM

I never said he wasn't...its these other deluded bandwagoners riding around in here saying "Pat's all about loyalty, he won't trade Ray, blah blah bullshit I made up."

True or False: Ainge had deals for both Paul and Ray on the table at the deadline and went through with neither of them.

KyrieTheFuture
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I won't lie I didn't read a single post before writing my own. Didn't know they offered a no trade clause or that people were toting Riley as loyal (LOL see Shaq for exhibit A).

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I never said he wasn't...its these other deluded bandwagoners riding around in here saying "Pat's all about loyalty, he won't trade Ray, blah blah bullshit I made up."

True or False: Ainge had deals for both Paul and Ray on the table at the deadline and went through with neither of them.

true, wheres my prize :lol

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
No trade clause :pimp:

Jax
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
No trade clause :pimp:
Smoke Screen, they just don't want him in an Heat uniform, 4-0 next season if they meat.

Hank
07-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Smoke Screen, they just don't want him in an Heat uniform, 4-0 next season if they meat.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gifhttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gif

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM

livinglegend
07-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Lets be real, Celtics s #1 goal is to keep Ray AWAY from Heat. They are more interested in keeping him away for Miami than getting him in their team. If Miami wasnt chasing Allen, they wouldnt give him 2 year 12 millions and no trade clause. It s like the Murphy situation, Celtics signed him only keep him away from Heat.

Derka
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Oh look, someone hiding on a dummy account and trolling. This is new and original.

Jax
07-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Oh look, someone hiding on a dummy account and trolling. This is new and original.What did I say that was even on a trolling level?
Accusing someone that just showed you what's up of being on a dummy account, Lebron stan or Heat bandwagonner, that's new and original!! GTFO:oldlol:

Hank
07-05-2012, 10:59 PM

them boston losers are so scared

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/dannystare-1.gif

:roll:

Derka
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
What did I say that was even on a trolling level?
Accusing someone that just showed you what's up of being on a dummy account, Lebron stan or Heat bandwagonner, that's new and original!! GTFO:oldlol:
Showed me up? Lol, child you're hiding on alt making up some shit about a $12 million smoke screen. That's making shit up to antagonize people and derail the convo. Furthermore you don't even have the cajones not to do it from your real account. That's the definition of a troll. The internet is serious business, amirite??

I'm pretty sure the Celtics could throw $12 million at a lot of things. A smoke screen to divert Dwayne Wade's backup? Unlikely.

Jax
07-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Still on that? Mods can check my ip you dumbass!
Celtics fans are losing it lmao

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
It is times like these, we have to sit back and ask what would Jesus do?

D-Rose
07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
It is times like these, we have to sit back and ask what would Jesus do?
:roll:

Brilliant!

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 12:59 AM
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want [to coattail Lebron to a ring].
He restoreth my soul:

-KJV, 23rd Psalm

This is what Jesus was reciting in his head as he journeyed to Miami today.

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Gotta believe with each passing day, Boston gains the advantage. People tend to make silly decisions when they act too quickly. 6 million dollars per year (3 more million than the Heat offer), no-trade clause and another run with your boys in Boston. That would be incredible to turn down. :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I hate my name, what kind of name is Jesus anyway?

Son, I named you Jesus after Earl Monroe

Jax
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I hate my name, what kind of name is Jesus anyway?

Son, I named you Jesus after Earl Monroe

Just go edit your first post once ray signs, idiot.:roll:

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Just go edit your first post once ray signs, idiot.:roll:

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
This is one of the few reasons why I'm happy Ray signed with Miami and it is because the OP will be raging mad. :oldlol:

Eat Like A Bosh
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
So much for that

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
This is one of the few reasons why I'm happy Ray signed with Miami and it is because the OP will be raging mad. :oldlol:

How sad does your life have to be to find joy in someone else's displeasure? Oh wait, you're RocketGreatness, that explains everything.

DTreats
07-07-2012, 01:33 AM
He's still a free agent...

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Welp I gave it my best shot. 50 years from now I can at least tell my grand kids that I tried to get Ray to stay in Boston and retire with KG and Pierce, but his heart didn't belong there for personal reasons which I can understand.

Can't really say anything about a guy that turns down 3 million dollars a season to play elsewhere though. I'll still be cheering for you Ray, just not for your team. :cheers:

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Welp I gave it my best shot. 50 years from now I can at least tell my grand kids that I tried to get Ray to stay in Boston and retire with KG and Pierce, but his heart didn't belong there for personal reasons which I can understand.

Can't really say anything about a guy that turns down 3 million dollars a season to play elsewhere though. I'll still be cheering for you Ray, just not for your team. :cheers:
Since when are you a Celtics fan..?

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Since when are you a Celtics fan..?

Since never. Always been a big fan of KG and Ray though.

jbot
07-07-2012, 01:41 AM
is he ready to come off of the bench? if not, stay in boston.

KyrieTheFuture
07-07-2012, 01:48 AM
is he ready to come off of the bench? if not, stay in boston.

He wouldn't have signed the deal if he wasn't gonna be happy with his role