PDA

View Full Version : Kobe convinced Nash

eliteballer
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Sources told ESPN.com that Nash, with the New York Knicks also pressing hard to complete a similar sign-and-trade deal, was swayed to join the Lakers after a determined push from Bryant and because the move keeps him in the title hunt and allows him to stay in close proximity to his three children in Phoenix.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/sources-steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 09:09 PM
in b4

CONSULTbe
AGENTbe
RECRUITbe

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 09:09 PM
GOAT charisma :bowdown:

Calabis
07-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Mamba, better start perfecting that catch and shoot game, or this will be a waste

kurt_rambis
07-04-2012, 09:12 PM
KOBE GLAMOURED NASH. HE'S A SECRET VAMPIRE. I KNEW IT ALL ALONG. DRACULABE

and it's nice that nash wants to be near his kids but it's not like LA is that close to phoenix

keep-itreal
You guys think he was wearing this while convincing him?

http://sportributor.com/assets/images/2012/03/masked-kobe-bryant-seeks-4th-straight-win-in-lakers-vs-pistons.jpg

colorz
GODbe :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Ketchup
07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
What happened with Kobe is too competitive to do this? And the best want to beat the best?

Kobe doesn't even have the most MVP's on his team now.

Heavincent
Mamba, better start perfecting that catch and shoot game, or this will be a waste

Kobe's not Dwyane Wade. He'll be perfectly fine catching and shooting.

G-Funk
in b4

CONSULTbe
AGENTbe
RECRUITbe
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

takai
07-04-2012, 09:14 PM
in b4

CONSULTbe
AGENTbe
RECRUITbe
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

G-Funk
Recruitbe

:bowdown:

bagelred
Come to L.A. or I'll rape your moms.

Just playin......just playin......he already raped his moms.

PJR
07-04-2012, 09:15 PM

And yet Kobrick still won't clear 45% shooting. :oldlol:

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:15 PM
What happened with Kobe is too competitive to do this? And the best want to beat the best?

It's only bad when LeBron does it. Duh.

franchise#3
07-04-2012, 09:17 PM
LeBrick could only dream about being such a good recruiter.

G-Funk

Salt

guy

:oldlol:

Jacks3
Best SG and PG on the same team. They terrified. Kobe going for 6+.

:roll:

Heavincent

At least he won't be a washed up sidekick bitching to the refs throughout the game and flopping all over the place. It helps that Kobe is a shooting guard that can actually shoot, unlike D-whistle.

eliteballer
Are you guys seriously trying to compare a 38 year old Nash being recruited by a 34 year old Kobe to a 27 year old LeBron playing with 2 prime superstars?

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Kobe and Nash conspired in their primes to join the same team through free agency?

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:18 PM
At least he won't be a washed up sidekick bitching to the refs throughout the game and flopping all over the place. It helps that Kobe is a shooting guard that can actually shoot, unlike D-whistle.
Wade doesn't need to shoot, he's still a monster even with a broke jumper. :pimp:

PJR
07-04-2012, 09:19 PM
LeBrick could only dream about being such a good recruiter.

Wade is the GOAT recruiter anyhow :no:

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Kobe and Nash conspired in their primes to join the same team through free agency?
Moving goalposts! Moving goalposts! Moving goalposts!

:lol

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Wade doesn't need to shoot, he's still a monster even with a broke jumper. :pimp:

I will admit, his "pump fake 3 times and then throw your body into the defender" move is pretty killer.

Ketchup

He's already got the best front court in the league. He ought to learn how to use it to get good shots.

Jacks3
True. Kobe actually has a jump-shot. :oldlol:

PJR

And yet he still won't clear 45% shooting. :oldlol:

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I will admit, his "pump fake 3 times and then throw your body into the defender" move is pretty killer.
Almost as good as Kobe's patented "better scream 'HEYYYYYY' whenever someone gets close to me so the refs call a foul".:lol

The Iron Fist
Moving goalposts! Moving goalposts! Moving goalposts!

:lol
Kobe 30+
Nash, closer to 40 than 30.

Wade, Bosh and Bron, all in their mid 20s and absolute primes.

I don't recall Kobe taking less money either, just to bring in new players, but I do remember 3 guys agreeing to take less to play with eachother.

Goal posts are still in the exact same spot.

RRR3
True. Kobe actually has a jump-shot. :oldlol:
He sure does. Too bad it doesn't go in 60% of the time:lol

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
He's already got the best front court in the league. He ought to learn how to use it to get good shots.
He did, and got 2 FMVPs for it.

Not Kobes fault that the last two seasons his big men wet the bed.

RRR3
Kobe 30+
Nash, closer to 40 than 30.

Wade, Bosh and Bron, all in their mid 20s and absolute primes.

I don't recall Kobe taking less money either, just to bring in new players, but I do remember 3 guys agreeing to take less to play with eachother.

Goal posts are still in the exact same spot.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm God you're an idiot.

Calabis

I didn't say he was weak at it, I said he needs to perfect it...he's ball dominant and likes to work out of iso situations, more than not...every now and then u will see him come off a pick and shoot.....Nash is a ball dominant point, who likes to create shots for his teammates, sometimes freelancing....if he passes the ball to Kobe and becomes a spot up shooter, this trade won't mean crap...if Kobe let's him do what he does and decides to let Nash create shots for him...Kobe will benefit and be stronger for a playoff push.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Kobe has lost his 3 point shooting ability. He can knock down mid-range jumpers but he really is inefficient and poor at shooting and making 3s though so the Lakers should try to get more shooters because Kobe really isn't one these days.

If you don't believe me you can go check his 3 point shooting numbers last season in the regular and post-season. It was exactly 30% or under for both.

Ketchup
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
He did, and got 2 FMVPs for it.

Not Kobes fault that the last two seasons his big men wet the bed.

Bynum has only gotten better over the seasons. Kobe on the other hand, not so much, yet continues to throw up 20+ shots like it will help the team or something.

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I didn't say he was weak at it, I said he needs to perfect it...he's ball dominant and likes to work out of iso situations, more than not...every now and then u will see him come off a pick and shoot.....Nash is a ball dominant point, who likes to create shots for his teammates, sometimes freelancing....if he passes the ball to Kobe and becomes a spot up shooter, this trade won't mean crap...if Kobe let's him do what he does and decides to let Nash create shots for him...Kobe will benefit and be stronger for a playoff push.

I agree I hope kobe is willing to work with nash and let those open 3s and jumpers come to him. They can extend each others careers

Man im so excited right now.. but we still need to do something else

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 09:26 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm God you're an idiot.
Really?

What exactly are the similarities between the two situations?

Kobe wasn't a free agent.
He isn't in his prime. In fact, clowns like you have been calling for his demise for years now. So whats the big deal if he brings in a point guard who plays no defense, at the age of 37? Its not like he called two top ten players in their primes and colluded with them to make a team.

The only idiot is the person trying to claim its the same situation when its clearly not.

Calabis
Kobe has lost his 3 point shooting ability. He can knock down mid-range jumpers but he really is inefficient and poor at shooting and making 3s though so the Lakers should try to get more shooters because Kobe really isn't one these days.

If you don't believe me you can go check his 3 point shooting numbers last season in the regular and post-season. It was exactly 30% or under for both.

He hasn't lost his ability, he's lost his legs...if he let's Nash create for him, he will conserve energy and be very dangerous...but it's up to him, too sacrifice his iso game, which requires way more energy..to much at this stage in his career.

Heavincent
Almost as good as Kobe's patented "better scream 'HEYYYYYY' whenever someone gets close to me so the refs call a foul".:lol

But that's not his go to move and he doesn't rely on it. D-Whistle does because he has a broken jump shot and his athleticism has declined. Dude relies on the refs more than any player I've ever seen.

Washed up sidekick.

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Are you guys seriously trying to compare a 38 year old Nash being recruited by a 34 year old Kobe to a 27 year old LeBron playing with 2 prime superstars?
Its just panic bro, they are reaching, they got nothing :oldlol:

Jacks3
He sure does. Too bad it doesn't go in 60% of the time:lol
Too bad he's been at around 50% from 10-15 ft the last couple of years, and 41-42% from 16-23 feet.

Both excellent numbers.

He'll be fine.

Finally he won't be asked to take care of the play-making and scoring.

His life will be so much easier.

So excited. :pimp:

RazorBaLade
He hasn't lost his ability, he's lost his legs...if he let's Nash create for him, he will conserve energy and be very dangerous...but it's up to him, too sacrifice his iso game, which requires way more energy..to much at this stage in his career.

wish i could print out ur posts and mail them to kobe along with a nice glass case for his 6th championship ring that he can get if he follows directions

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Bynum has only gotten better over the seasons. Kobe on the other hand, not so much, yet continues to throw up 20+ shots like it will help the team or something.
Uh, do you even realize the age of these players?

Bynum isn't even 25, hes supposed to be getting better every year.

Kobe, is nearing his mid 30s, hes supposed to be finished progressing as a player.

What exactly is your point? That he puts up 20 plus shots? Big deal, hes done it his entire career and has the most rings from anyone in this era. How is that a problem?

PJR
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
This thread will be pure lulz once the Lakers are bounced from the second by OKC again. :oldlol:

Bookmarked.

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Thunder are scarier than the Lakers. Durant and Westbrook=:eek: :eek: :eek:
If I'm the Heat, I fear Thunder more, especially since Durant is hungry after losing last year to Miami

Ketchup
07-04-2012, 09:30 PM

Panic? I doubt you'll find one Heat/Thunder/Bulls fan legitimately worried about this move. I still don't think you make it out the West, or even get to the finals. The Lakers have constantly been trying to find a point guard savior... They need to realize that's not where the problem is.

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Panic? I doubt you'll find one Heat/Thunder/Bulls fan legitimately worried about this move. I still don't think you make it out the West, or even get to the finals. The Lakers have constantly been trying to find a point guard savior... They need to realize that's not where the problem is.
Its the heats and thunders fans that are hurt the most. The posts show that.

RazorBaLade
Thunder are scarier than the Lakers. Durant and Westbrook=:eek: :eek: :eek:
If I'm the Heat, I fear Thunder more, especially since Durant is hungry after losing last year to Miami

lakers definitely not best team in league.

but this opens the door, if we make a few more moves...

RazorBaLade

oh god go **** yourself

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Its the heats and thunders fans that are hurt the most. The posts show that.
The Heat have the best player in the NBA and it's not even close. I'm sure they are terrified of the oldest back court in the NBA:lol

Reverend Hoops
07-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Finally they got a point guard that can defend Westbrook.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
u wanna take back that bet? lol

Calabis
07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
wish i could print out ur posts and mail them to kobe along with a nice glass case for his 6th championship ring that he can get if he follows directions

LOL....this could be the best thing for Kobe right now, take away the burden of creating, stick to doing what he does best, scoring....also he should get better opps and more open looks, something his previous point guards seemed incapable of doing for him....kinda led to him trying to create his own shot 85 to 90% of the time....this is no problem for prime Kobe, but the current at the end of my career Kobe, its asking too much

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 09:34 PM
The Heat have the best player in the NBA and it's not even close. I'm sure they are terrified of the oldest back court in the NBA:lol

So what are you crying for? If you weren't worried, you wouldn't even be posting today.

Instead, you're in every thread talking about how much greater the heats are.

Its just screaming insecurity.

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
So what are you crying for? If you weren't worried, you wouldn't even be posting today.

Instead, you're in every thread talking about how much greater the heats are.

Its just screaming insecurity.
I'm not a Heat fan :lol Look, if LA gets D12 then everyone will be scared, but current LA, even with Nash, isn't scaring OKC or MIA. So you better pray you get more pieces

tpols
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
This thread will be pure lulz once the Lakers are bounced from the second by OKC again. :oldlol:

Bookmarked.
They wont see OKC in the second round because theyll be either the 2 or the 3 seed and OKC will be number 1.

Doctor Rivers
07-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm not a Heat fan :lol Look, if LA gets D12 then everyone will be scared, but current LA, even with Nash, isn't scaring OKC or MIA. So you better pray you get more pieces

no you're a lebron fan

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:39 PM
no you're a T-Mac, lebron and Chalmers fan
:cheers:

The Iron Fist
If you're not a heats fan, you must be a vein on its dick.

Either way, you ride heat jock, which means, you're a fan.

Dont worry, I'm not at all confident in Nash anyway, too old, and Kobes getting old too. Its probably to late for both of them to be effective the way they could if they were in their primes.

Their primes, which is exactly why its not like the heat situation. So now, get back to trying to say it is again, that was funny.

scandisk_
RECRUITbe :applause:

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
If you're not a heats fan, you must be a vein on its dick.

Either way, you ride heat jock, which means, you're a fan.

Dont worry, I'm not at all confident in Nash anyway, too old, and Kobes getting old too. Its probably to late for both of them to be effective the way they could if they were in their primes.

Their primes, which is exactly why its not like the heat situation. So now, get back to trying to say it is again, that was funny.
I'm glad I can make you laugh at a time when you're so angry. RRR3=GOAT comedian on ISH :dancin :hammertime:

Fudge
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
You guys think he was wearing this while convincing him?

http://sportributor.com/assets/images/2012/03/masked-kobe-bryant-seeks-4th-straight-win-in-lakers-vs-pistons.jpg

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM

What do you think about the lakers if they were to trade pau for something and keep bynu?

Say, igoudala or derrick williams or scola and lowry?

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
What do you think about the lakers if they were to trade pau for something and keep bynu?

Say, igoudala or derrick williams or scola and lowry?
I think that would make the Lakers worse actually. Pau is important, and Nash might get him back on track.

TheeBeast
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
We need another good point guard on the bench, someone better than Sessions.

LikeABosh
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Kobe recruited a 37 year old Nash....

Wade recruited Lebron and Bosh :pimp:

PJR
07-04-2012, 09:51 PM

Flash GOAT recruiter :bowdown:

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 09:51 PM
I think that would make the Lakers worse actually. Pau is important, and Nash might get him back on track.

Possible possible. Bynum for howard is the obvious thing now.. up to howard..

truhooper
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Reverend Hoops
07-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Possible possible. Bynum for howard is the obvious thing now.. up to howard..

So when Nash retires next year....:lol

NumberSix
07-04-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm glad I can make you laugh at a time when you're so angry. RRR3=GOAT comedian on ISH :dancin :hammertime:
RRR3 is good, but #6 is the best.

RRR3
07-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Bollocks. A pox on ye, luddite!

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 09:55 PM
#6 is quite easily the worst and most insecure, so no.

By the way, I've always liked LeBron. It's not impossible to like both Durant and LeBron you know and also be a fan of the Bulls.

Didn't you claim you were also a Magic, Lakers, and Heat fan? :oldlol:

NumberSix
07-04-2012, 09:57 PM
#6 is quite easily the worst and most insecure, so no.

By the way, I've always liked LeBron. It's not impossible to like both Durant and LeBron you know and also be a fan of the Bulls.

Didn't you claim you were also a Magic, Lakers, and Heat fan? :oldlol:
It's not hard to figure out. Connect the dots genius.

WeGetRing2012
07-04-2012, 09:57 PM

I wouldn't call that recruiting...more like a child (Lebron) running into his father's arms (Wade)

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Acting like its morally or competitively different to go talk another star into helping you win is different because of ages is hilarious to me.

Especially when the guy in question has been better from 30-38 than he was from 20-30. He played 31 minutes a game and put up 13/11 on 53% shooting. He did numbers at 37 that several hall of fame players were not doing in their primes.

And Kobe is an all nba first teamer 28/5/5 player who was last seen dropping 40 and change on the thunder.

Their ages dont make them broken down shadows of lost greatness.

And Kobe and Nash are actually rivals. Playoff rivals. As in...having played 3 or 4 series where one sent the other home as the chief credit getters on their respective teams.

Not...made up rivalry because both are great players. This is legit on the floor...both will be featured in HOF career summary videos of the others playoff battles....rivalry.

That them teaming up is somehow different than other stars deciding to team up because of their ages when both are still stars is just absurd. A lot of people were calling both the best at their positions...this year. People have done so....in this topic.

That they will play together for a shorter period of time doesnt change what it is.

And its not like Kobe has not proven that he would be willing to team up with another star closer to each of their primes. He has well known video saying he wanted the Lakers to trade Bynum for Kidd in what? 2006? Does Kidd(another actual on the court playoff series rival) being 32 or 33 while Kobe was near his peak also make it totally different even though Kidd might have peaked at 30(second finals run)?

Kobe likely looked around the league and decided his team didnt have enough firepower(which I find pretty amusing as well) so he wanted the best help possible. And im quite sure that if they can get Howard hes down with that too...even though hes another opposing playoff rival...

Kobe is out for Ws at all costs. Not that thats a problem....

Jacks3
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
How is that amusing? They didn't have enough fire-power to beat the ridiculously stacked Heat or Thunder.

:coleman:

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Kobe doesn't do it publicy over the internet on twitter. He actually has the professionalism to contact the guy personally and secretively without media attention.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I've seen the all-star games with Kobe and Cp3 dishing it to him for pullup jumpers. Been dreaming for a day like that. Guess I'll just have to settle for Kobe/Nash, which ain't that bad actually :D

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 10:31 PM

Nash is 38 and way passed his prime.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 10:33 PM
The Heat were never anything close to what they were predicted to be in the playoffs. Bosh played straight up Otis Thorpe level ball. Slightly past his prime Thorpe. And Wade(I suppose due to injury) was not the player he was to build his reputation as an elite player.

And the thunder? Eh. Great team of course....but personality issues aside Bynum is probably more valuable than Westbrook and Gasol vs Harden? Gasol still has the edge. And not like they are packed with star power aside from them. They were a really good team. They arent stacked in any historic way.

You dont have to name a bunch of champions to list more talented teams than the thunder.

Batz
07-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Nash is 38 and way passed his prime.
If averaging is 13/11/3 on 53/40/90 in 32 MPG is passed your prime then welcome the **** aboard.

Jacks3
07-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Wow.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 10:38 PM
If averaging is 13/11/3 on 53/40/90 in 32 MPG is passed your prime then welcome the **** aboard.

I still love the guy but no problem admitting that he's passed his prime. Hell Kobe is passed his prime too. What a way to go out though, 96 draft represent. :rockon:

Now, if the Lakers could get Ray Allen on board..:bowdown:

I LUV KOBE
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
The only similar between Wade and Kobe in recruiting is they both recruit ringless Superstars for the chance to win championship.. Lebrick ringless before Wade recruited him and now Nash..

Wooh.. Nash and Kobe, best backcourt in the league.. Cant wait.. LAKERS 2013 champs book it..

Heilige
07-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Acting like its morally or competitively different to go talk another star into helping you win is different because of ages is hilarious to me.

Especially when the guy in question has been better from 30-38 than he was from 20-30. He played 31 minutes a game and put up 13/11 on 53% shooting. He did numbers at 37 that several hall of fame players were not doing in their primes.

And Kobe is an all nba first teamer 28/5/5 player who was last seen dropping 40 and change on the thunder.

Their ages dont make them broken down shadows of lost greatness.

And Kobe and Nash are actually rivals. Playoff rivals. As in...having played 3 or 4 series where one sent the other home as the chief credit getters on their respective teams.

Not...made up rivalry because both are great players. This is legit on the floor...both will be featured in HOF career summary videos of the others playoff battles....rivalry.

That them teaming up is somehow different than other stars deciding to team up because of their ages when both are still stars is just absurd. A lot of people were calling both the best at their positions...this year. People have done so....in this topic.

That they will play together for a shorter period of time doesnt change what it is.

And its not like Kobe has not proven that he would be willing to team up with another star closer to each of their primes. He has well known video saying he wanted the Lakers to trade Bynum for Kidd in what? 2006? Does Kidd(another actual on the court playoff series rival) being 32 or 33 while Kobe was near his peak also make it totally different even though Kidd might have peaked at 30(second finals run)?

Kobe likely looked around the league and decided his team didnt have enough firepower(which I find pretty amusing as well) so he wanted the best help possible. And im quite sure that if they can get Howard hes down with that too...even though hes another opposing playoff rival...

Kobe is out for Ws at all costs. Not that thats a problem....

Why did Kobe have a problem with Shaq on the Lakers then?

keep-itreal
07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Kobe was still young that time. He believed that he can win by himself.

Now is different, Kobe is almost at the end of his career, and he has to do whatever it takes to get that 6th ring

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Shaquille having surgeries on company time and getting in shape during the regular season has a thing or two to do with it.

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
I love how people been saying nobody wants to play with Kobe anymore at this stage of his career lol.

One thing about Nash dude has the competitive edge just like Kobe.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Clearly he smartened up. Didnt take long either. We were on here with Laker fans badmouthing Kobe for wanting the easy way out after he told Steven A smith he didnt expect to play for the Lakers ever again after his trade demand.

That slow building process doesnt work for Kobe. He doesnt take losing well. Not that he should....

Jacks3
07-04-2012, 10:58 PM
I love how people been saying nobody wants to play with Kobe anymore at this stage of his career lol.

One thing about Nash dude has the competitive edge just like Kobe.
This.

tpols
07-04-2012, 11:01 PM
He is past his prime even based on those numbers. Steve was better than 13/11 in his prime.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM
He was putting up 16/7 and 18/7 when he was 26 and 27. More points....less assists....worse shooting...but its pretty similar level wise.

If a guy comes in this year and has 2012 Nashs numbers...for his career? We are talking a HOF player.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 11:08 PM
He was putting up 16/7 and 18/7 when he was 26 and 27. More points....less assists....worse shooting...but its pretty similar level wise.

If a guy comes in this year and has 2012 Nashs numbers...for his career? We are talking a HOF player.

If you don't understand the difference between a prime Lebron, Wade and Bosh (all between age 23-27) teaming up vs. Nash who's 38, and already been in the league for 16 years, then nothing more need be said.

tpols
07-04-2012, 11:13 PM
He was putting up 16/7 and 18/7 when he was 26 and 27. Less points....more assists...but its pretty similar level wise.

If someone came in and had Monta Ellis's numbers last year for their careers they could be in the HOF.. thats a stupid argument. Steve Nash HIMSELF doesnt have the career numbers to match his output last year. Many players put up better numbers in their primes and then dip out towards the end of their careers so their career averages arent at all representative of how good they were as players.

Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan's career averages match up with Al Jeffersons stats last year.. what does that mean?:oldlol:

Steve Nash in his prime was putting up ~18/11/4.. he puts up 13/11/3 now and is noticeably not as dominant. Hes still a great player, but to act like LA just recived a prime Steve Nash is stupid.

ShaqAttack3234
07-04-2012, 11:13 PM
I thought he was going to the Knicks. God damnitt, Steve. Should have come to New York and resurrected Amare's career. Plus Nash and Chandler... :bowdown:

Lakers are the past, and while I don't know the Knicks are the future....we're not the past either.

Nash in Mike Brown's "offense" doesn't sound good. He struggled when Porter was there running the offense through Shaq, but now 4 years older with Mike Brown and the black hole Andrew Bynum?

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 11:14 PM
You are as good as you play not as good as your age suggests you should be. Kobe and Nash last year played basketball on a high level. If they had 22 year old Nash or Kobe...the team would be worse.

Two star rivals joined up and are now on a team with 4 all stars in its starting lineup.

Nobodys age has anything to do with that.

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Kobe was still young that time. He believed that he can win by himself.

Now is different, Kobe is almost at the end of his career, and he has to do whatever it takes to get that 6th ring
Link to where this was said please.

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
You are as good as you play not as good as your age suggests you should be. Kobe and Nash last year played basketball on a high level. If they had 22 year old Nash or Kobe...the team would be worse.

Two star rivals joined up and are now on a team with 4 all stars in its starting lineup.

and its still not the same as colluding which is what wade, bosh and lebron did. What Kobe and Nash did was a spur of the moment thing. The heats planned theirs for years.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
If someone came in and had Monta Ellis's numbers last year for their careers they could be in the HOF.. thats a stupid argument. Steve Nash HIMSELF doesnt have the career numbers to match his output last year. Many players put up better numbers in their primes and then dip out towards the end of their careers so their career averages arent at all representative of how good they were as players.

Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan's career averages match up with Al Jeffersons stats last year.. what does that mean?

Steve Nash in his prime was putting up ~18/11/4.. he puts up 13/11/3 now and is noticeably not as dominant. Hes still a great player, but to act like LA just recived a prime Steve Nash is stupid.

You could just as easily say Nash in his prime was putting up like 15/12 and winning MVP in the process. IF you give last years Nash young Amare, prime Marion, Joe Johnson, and so on....what....you dont think its pretty much the suns we saw?

And I didnt say Nash is the exact same player. But he is not a player you just throw his age out and judge as if his career has followed a normal path.

Nash at 25 would be a backup on plenty of teams. At 35 he was putting up 17/11 on a 54 win team.

Steve Nash is not typical. His age is irrelevant. All that matters is how well he can play. And he can play at an all time great level right now.

2012 Nash was HOF point guard good. 2000 nash wasnt. So why is his age attached as if it shows what hes capable of?

clayton
07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
How many help does he need? He has 2 big towers and still can't get far. Kobe, the problem is not your team mate. It's your ball hogging and chucking.

IGOTGAME
07-04-2012, 11:24 PM

disingenuous argument is disingenuous

Jacks3
07-04-2012, 11:25 PM
How many help does he need? He has 2 big towers and still can't get far. \.
Yeah, he only has 5 rings. Not very far at all.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
and its still not the same as colluding which is what wade, bosh and lebron did. What Kobe and Nash did was a spur of the moment thing. The heats planned theirs for years.

I have no interest in CBA issues or what you think was on their minds in 2009. Im talking about basketball and the approach taken to winning games of it.

And the approach here is pretty much the same thing.

As I said...its not like Kobe wasnt asking for Jason Kidd close to each of their primes despite being actual playoff rivals. And why wouldnt he?

PJR
07-04-2012, 11:27 PM

Lol at this hypocritical fakkit.

The Iron Fist
07-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I have no interest in CBA issues or what you think was on their minds in 2009. Im talking about basketball and the approach taken to winning games of it.

As I said...its not like Kobe wasnt asking for Jason Kidd close to each of their primes despite being actual playoff rivals. And why wouldnt he?

No, its not.

The Nash deal happened at the last minute.

The heat deals happened years before.

Kobe is getting someone who is nearly 40 years old.
Every single one of the heats were in their 20s when they signed.

PJR

Exactly. "Ship his ass out" :oldlol:

The Iron Fist
Lol at this hypocritical fakkit.
About what exactly virgin?

PJR
No, its not.

Prove it.

Poetry
07-04-2012, 11:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/sources-steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

Just got home and saw the news, i think my jaw literally dropped. Going to be really interesting over in LA. Really, really curious to see how this will turn out. I watch most of the Lakers games during the season, so looking forward to seeing how they play together.

longtime lurker
07-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Huh? Jason Kidd played in the East. They met once in the finals. They aren't playoff rivals. Besides Nash is pretty is closing in on the end of his career and Phoenix and Lakers haven't been rivals for a couple seasons. This is more comparable to the Malone and Payton Lakers. If this was 2006 no way Kobe would ask for Nash and no way in hell Nash would join the Lakers.

Ketchup
07-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Uh, do you even realize the age of these players?

Bynum isn't even 25, hes supposed to be getting better every year.

Kobe, is nearing his mid 30s, hes supposed to be finished progressing as a player.

What exactly is your point? That he puts up 20 plus shots? Big deal, hes done it his entire career and has the most rings from anyone in this era. How is that a problem?

What's wrong with him still putting up 20+ shots? Oh, I dunno, the fact he has someone that is getting better at putting the ball in the hoop, and he's severely getting worse at it?

A championship formula doesn't stay one when you choose to ignore the rest of it. Yes, 20+ shots is still happening. Shame about him not hitting them anymore.

tpols
07-04-2012, 11:35 PM
2012 Nash was HOF point guard good. 2000 nash wasnt. So why is his age attached as if it shows what hes capable of?
I dont agree.. Steve Nash was not HOF level last year at all. If prime Steve Nash put up 12.5/10.7 in his prime, then he would have put up less than that out of his prime.. so his career averages wouldnt be 13/11 aka HOF worthy. They would be like 9/8.

Steve had an average team last year and didnt even make the playoffs. We've seen this guy turn straight scrubs and over the hill players into highly productive teammates. He did it in 2010 and multiple other years when he led a group to 2 games away from the Finals that had no business being that close. This year? His team doesnt even make the playoffs. He has steadily been dropping off in play since 09/10 ish.

Sure Nash had a late prime and I agree he is still a high impact player, but his age WILL show next year. I can see at least a few nagging injuries keeping him out of games this year and he will probably average 12/9 ish..

Pink Tigress
07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I dont agree.. Steve Nash was not HOF level last year at all. If prime Steve Nash put up 12.5/10.7 in his prime, then he would have put up less than that out of his prime.. so his career averages wouldnt be 13/11 aka HOF worthy. They would be like 9/8.

Steve had an average team last year and didnt even make the playoffs. We've seen this guy turn straight scrubs and over the hill players into highly productive teammates. He did it in 2010 and multiple other years when he led a group to 2 games away from the Finals that had no business being that close. This year? His team doesnt even make the playoffs. He has steadily been dropping off in play since 09/10 ish.

Sure Nash had a late prime and I agree he is still a high impact player, but his age WILL show next year. I can see at least a few nagging injuries keeping him out of games this year and he will probably average 12/9 ish..

Especially now that he will be required to play defense which is something he's never really done before.

Kblaze8855
No, its not.

Which means exactly nothing. Even if you could prove it I mean. As it stands...it means less than nothing.

Which means nothing on a basketball court and has nothing to do with the methods used to get the players in question or the reason they choose to team up. Currently great players deciding to play together because they feel it gives them the best chance to win. Not like Nash was coming off the bench for the Wizards. Age is a number. nashs basketball playing is currently on a star level.

Huh? Jason Kidd played in the East. They met once in the finals. They aren't playoff rivals. Besides Nash is pretty is closing in on the end of his career and Phoenix and Lakers haven't been rivals for a couple seasons. This is more comparable to the Malone and Payton Lakers. If this was 2006 no way Kobe would ask for Nash and no way in hell Nash would join the Lakers.

First of all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teIq5v0tTnY

And second...the finals are the biggest stage. A finals rival is a rival forever in the eyes of many.

G-Funk
haters re so ****ing insecure right now they are grasping! lol

RazorBaLade
07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
What's wrong with him still putting up 20+ shots? Oh, I dunno, the fact he has someone that is getting better at putting the ball in the hoop, and he's severely getting worse at it?

A championship formula doesn't stay one when you choose to ignore the rest of it. Yes, 20+ shots is still happening. Shame about him not hitting them anymore.

you'd think kobe went from a 45% shooter to a 12% shooter when you read this fa ggots posts.

tpols
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Exactly.. What Lebron did wasnt even just about disrespecting rivalry though.

People criticized Lebron because he LEFT his team for another superstar's. If Kobe left LA in summer 07 to go play with prime Nash he would get BLASTED.:oldlol:

It's like.. leaving your team to go play on somebody else's shows you giving in to that person. It disrespects the whole winning as the 'man' issue which is what 99% of legacy arguments revolve around. If Wade actually played like he did in 2010 when Lebron joined him, Lebron wouldnt get near the credit for his ring. Luckily, Wade dropped off big time and Lebron was able to dominate as the main guy. And thats props to him.

But dont ever compare 38 year old Nash coming to play with Kobe to that situation.. hell, might as well say Kidd joining Dallas was Dirk throwing out the superfreinds batsignal as well then.

Jacks3
07-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Yet they're a couple of seasons away from winning back-to-back chips with Kobe taking 23 FGA per game.

Yet they were swept in 2011 with Kobe only taking 18 FGA per game.

lol people are delusional.

It's like they can't wrap their around the fact that the 2012 Lakers had far more pressing problems than Kobe's FGA.

And they think it's as simple as simply passing the ball to Bynum/Pau more, but ignore the fact that Pau is getting as many FGA now as he did as a #1 option in Memphis, and that Bynum got more FGA than any center in the game...yet the Lakers were better offensively with him off the court this season, so really, should the Lakers be looking to involve him more?

And then these morons will bring up Bynum's efficiency advantage, but ignore the fact that he does much less creating for himself than Bryant does, much less passing/playmaking (1 APG), and doesn't score at anywhere near the same volume anyway. I mean, there's a reason his efficiency went wayyyyyyyy down when Bryant was out.

And there's a reason Kobe sees a 3% jump in TS% when Bynum is off the floor.

Clowns have no idea how to actually analyze a game.

Just repeat the same old garbage about Bryant and his FGA.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2012, 11:49 PM

I said the level he played was HOf level. And it was. If he had 2-3 years that level and was a role player the rest it wouldnt. But playing 2012 level for a career nearly as long as his has been?

Hes a notch or two above Mark Jackson.

Steve had an average team last year and didnt even make the playoffs.

In what world is a player playing with Gortat, Shannon Brown, Jared dudley, and Grant Hill(who while we are discussing age...simply cant be propped up by you here) expected to do better than go .500 as he did in the west?

We've seen this guy turn straight scrubs and over the hill players into highly productive teammates. He did it in 2010 and multiple other years when he led a group to 2 games away from the Finals that had no business being that close. This year? His team doesnt even make the playoffs. He has steadily been dropping off in play since 09/10 ish.

The suns this year had no business doing anything. If Kobe had the team Nash had his fans would be hating on them for eternity just as they do those 05-07 teams.

Plenty of nights he had to rely on Jared dudley being on. That...is not a good team.

His age showed in 2004. Thats why they let him go and gave Dampier the money Nash would have accepted.

Hes been about to fall off for like 10 years. All that seems to change is what his teammates can do to help him out. Age eventually wins all battles.

But he clearly isnt normal.

tpols
07-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I said the level he played was HOf level. And it was. If he had 2-3 years that level and was a role player the rest it wouldnt. But playing 2012 level for a career nearly as long as his has been?

Hes a notch or two above Mark Jackson.

No it wasnt.:oldlol: Steve Nash last year was barely a top 15 player in the entire league. His team didnt even make the playoffs. He put up 12.5/11. That is not HOF level. If Nash went his whole career not making the playoffs, putting up those stats, and never breaking into the top 10 discussion for best players, he wouldnt be in the HOF. He wasnt, and currently isnt on that level. He used to be..

In what world is a player playing with Gortat, Shannon Brown, Jared dudley, and Grant Hill(who while we are discussing age...simply cant be propped up by you here) expected to do better than go .500 as he did in the west?

The suns this year had no business doing anything. If Kobe had the team Nash had his fans would be hating on them for eternity just as they do those 05-07 teams.

They would.. but prime Nash wouldve led these Suns to the playoffs no doubt.. thats the only difference I was pointing out.

His age showed in 2004. Thats why they let him go and gave Dampier the money Nash would have accepted.

Hes been about to fall off for like 10 years. All that seems to change is what his teammates can do to help him out. Age eventually wins all battles.

But he clearly isnt normal.

I know he has an abnormal career.. but the bold says it all. Age eventually wins. There's ZERO chance Nash ever goes up from where he is now and theres a very high chance that he goes down. So that HOF stuff is bullshit.

guy
07-05-2012, 12:08 AM
No it wasnt.:oldlol: Steve Nash last year was barely a top 15 player in the entire league. His team didnt even make the playoffs. He put up 12.5/11. That is not HOF level. If Nash went his whole career not making the playoffs, putting up those stats, and never breaking into the top 10 discussion for best players, he wouldnt be in the HOF. He wasnt, and currently isnt on that level. He used to be..

They would.. but prime Nash wouldve led these Suns to the playoffs no doubt.. thats the only difference I was pointing out.

I know he has an abnormal career.. but the bold says it all. Age eventually wins. There's ZERO chance Nash ever goes up from where he is now and theres a very high chance that he goes down. So that HOF stuff is bullshit.

You're overrating the HOF and how hard it is get in there. An assumption that he would never make the playoffs is a stretch. If he was putting up 12.5/11 for at least 11-12 seasons or so, and was making the playoffs every other year, no doubt he'd be a HOFer.

Kblaze8855
07-05-2012, 12:22 AM
No it wasnt. Steve Nash last year was barely a top 15 player in the entire league.

You could argue Reggie Miller was never top 15. Where is he?

His team didnt even make the playoffs. He put up 12.5/11. That is not HOF level. If Nash went his whole career not making the playoffs, putting up those stats, and never breaking into the top 10 discussion for best players, he wouldnt be in the HOF. He wasnt, and currently isnt on that level. He used to be..

Well assuming hes gonna play 17 years with the worst supporting cast a player of his level would ever have to endure for that long just isnt reasonable. The player he is skills wise...the numbers he has....HOF level. Jason Kidd was having similar seasons(while playing defense ill add) at a hell of a lot younger than Nash is now.

Steve Nash as he was last year playing his entire career might be a 5-8 time all star, be top 5 in assists, and his winning would depend on his teammates as with everyone else. If you are gonna add not making the playoffs with a team that shouldnt...its a whole other discussion. Give any number of all time greats god awful teams they never get the respect they earned with great teammates. Not really fair to assume he would go through that for 16-17 years.

The player he is...the talent he has...the shooting...passing.....

Steve Nash plays basketball now as well as or better than people who are in the hall of fame did and a career of last years level is gonna leave him as Mark Jackson plus a gang of all star teams and more skills. Not a career to dismiss.

This nash would have led teams full of all stars to the playoffs. Not sure why it matters.

He led a team to a better record than its talent deserved. Nash missed the playoffs with a better team than he had last year years ago.

What he does in the future is anyones guess and ive made no claims that I know. I know what he has done. And the level of basketball he was most recently seen playing.

When he becomes incapable of it we will find out. But it has nothing to do with now.

longtime lurker
07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Which means exactly nothing. Even if you could prove it I mean. As it stands...it means less than nothing.

Which means nothing on a basketball court and has nothing to do with the methods used to get the players in question or the reason they choose to team up. Currently great players deciding to play together because they feel it gives them the best chance to win. Not like Nash was coming off the bench for the Wizards. Age is a number. nashs basketball playing is currently on a star level.

First of all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teIq5v0tTnY

And second...the finals are the biggest stage. A finals rival is a rival forever in the eyes of many.

How many times did Kobe and Kidd meet in the playoffs? I'm genuinely curious. And 2nd LMAO at a finals rival being a forever. Just because you meet in the finals ONCE doesn't mean you're rivals. I guess Jason Kidd and Tim Duncan are rivals too or Kobe and Dwight Howard. And a rivalry is based on one team getting their ass kicked in the one finals appearance.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
The whole Kobe recruiting prime Jason Kidd thing is bullshit.

Kobe never reached out to Kidd. He simply answered a question posed by a random fan on his trip back from the mall in the parking lot, "hey management said Kidd is available, would you trade Bynum for Kidd?"

Bryant responded with the popular "Ship his ass out" phrase, which sure as hell ain't the same thing as calling up Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and colluding to join on the same team.

Kobe never recruited prime Kidd. Don't let these Kobe haters convince you guys otherwise.

Kblaze8855
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Wanting to join with a rival in or near both of your primes is the same thing. You dont have to all be free agents.

The issue is the competitive spirit involved in deciding you want to pair up with rivals to win rings more easily. All the extra qualifiers added to make the situation different are just to make the same desires(and at times actions) not count to find more to hate on. Its the same set of principles at work.

Deciding your team wont cut it and that you need more even if it means teaming up with other great players instead of building the team you have over time.

Kobe is not one for patience. He didnt want to waste away on a team that couldnt win and didnt seem to be trying to make the big moves needed to do so. Which is why he demanded a trade.

The desire is the same. The methods availiable at the time is what creates the difference.

nash4eva!gosuns
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM
i. AM SO. DEVASTATED!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dictator
07-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Yet they're a couple of seasons away from winning back-to-back chips with Kobe taking 23 FGA per game.

It's like they can't wrap their around the fact that the 2012 Lakers had far more pressing problems than Kobe's FGA.

And they think it's as simple as simply passing the ball to Bynum/Pau more, but ignore the fact that Pau is getting as many FGA now as he did as a #1 option in Memphis, and that Bynum got more FGA than any center in the game...yet the Lakers were better offensively with him off the court this season, so really, should the Lakers be looking to involve him more?

And then these morons will bring up Bynum's efficiency advantage, but ignore the fact that he does much less creating for himself than Bryant does, much less passing/playmaking (1 APG), and doesn't score at anywhere near the same volume anyway. I mean, there's a reason his efficiency went wayyyyyyyy down when Bryant was out.

This x 1,000,000

Lakers were better when Bynum didn't want to be a star and worked on D.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 12:41 AM

nash4eva does that mean you're gonna be watching lakers games too next season? :D

rigor
07-05-2012, 12:43 AM

and it's nice that nash wants to be near his kids but it's not like LA is that close to phoenix

Dude when you can afford to privately fly whenever you want, with no wait times, security lines, etc, it's only 1 hour away.

gilalizard
07-05-2012, 12:45 AM

it's a lot closer than NY or Miami...

gilalizard
07-05-2012, 01:03 AM

This.

tpols
07-05-2012, 01:13 AM
You could argue Reggie Miller was never top 15. Where is he?

So you're going to use the bottom of the barrel as an example for why he might make the HOF.:oldlol: You're reaching hard and trying to use the term HOF as a buzz word to elevate his play past what it really is.

12.5/11 is just not HOF.. anyway you cut it. Nash wouldnt have won any of those MVPs if he had played like he did last year and put up those stats. W/o those MVPs and obviously diminished team success since he is much worse now than he was then, he wouldnt be in the HOF consideration as it stands.

Well assuming hes gonna play 17 years with the worst supporting cast a player of his level would ever have to endure for that long just isnt reasonable. The player he is skills wise...the numbers he has....HOF level. Jason Kidd was having similar seasons(while playing defense ill add) at a hell of a lot younger than Nash is now.

Steve Nash as he was last year playing his entire career might be a 5-8 time all star, be top 5 in assists, and his winning would depend on his teammates as with everyone else. If you are gonna add not making the playoffs with a team that shouldnt...its a whole other discussion. Give any number of all time greats god awful teams they never get the respect they earned with great teammates. Not really fair to assume he would go through that for 16-17 years.

And it's not really fair to act like you would know how many all star appearances and other individual awards he would get in this hypothetical scenario where he magically averages the same stats for 17 years straight.

If Nash averages 12.5/11/2.6 instead of 18+/11+/4 and ~20/12 in the playoffs like he did in his peak/prime years with Pheonix, he has no MVPs, probably a couple of first round exits and is regarded as the 2nd or 3rd best player on his team. No HOF there..

The player he is...the talent he has...the shooting...passing.....

Steve Nash plays basketball now as well as or better than people who are in the hall of fame did and a career of last years level is gonna leave him as Mark Jackson plus a gang of all star teams and more skills. Not a career to dismiss.
Again you're taking one of the worst PGs in the HOF and saying Steve Nash would be similar to him IF you extrapolated stats in a completely unrealistic way. Ok.. you're pushing an argument around a buzz word and clearly overrating him as he is now.

What he does in the future is anyones guess and ive made no claims that I know. I know what he has done. And the level of basketball he was most recently seen playing.

When he becomes incapable of it we will find out. But it has nothing to do with now.
Yeah it does.. If Steve Nash doesnt play HOF worthy like you're saying he is right now for the Lakers, then you're whole argument was bullshit.

Of course if he puts up 10/10 you'll say that he would have ended his career with the all time assists record if you extrapolate those numbers 25 years and thus he was playing at an all time HOF level.

Linspired
07-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Canadian mamba + black mamba = blackadian mambas!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-05-2012, 01:21 AM

It's already great. He's just never had a good PG to pass it to him.

unbreakable
07-05-2012, 01:26 AM

:roll: :roll: roll:

:kobe:

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 01:46 AM

This:applause:

I don't know why they're so worried though. Cuz according to the haters the Lakers are supposedly done, out of the title picture, an afterthought:roll:

Scholar
07-05-2012, 01:47 AM
in b4

CONSULTbe
AGENTbe
RECRUITbe

:applause: :applause: :applause:

TheBigVeto
07-05-2012, 01:52 AM
I agree I hope kobe is willing to work with nash and let those open 3s and jumpers come to him. They can extend each others careers

Man im so excited right now.. but we still need to do something else

Yep. You also need to get D12 as starting center, and also get Dirk and Kevin Durant to come off the bench.

TheMarkMadsen
07-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Yep. You also need to get D12 as starting center, and also get Dirk and Kevin Durant to come off the bench.

Comments like this are silly.

We've already seen Kobe when b2b rings with an 18 & 8 guy, Lamar Odom & an crippled Andrew Bynum.

The 09 & 10 Lakers teams are two of the worst "teams" to win a championship in awhile, their bench was awful at times, never consistent, they had no real pg, Bynum was nearly dead averaging 7 & 5, and a small forward who had bounced around the leauge & was basically a scrub before joining the lakers ( no disrespect to ariza but the dude was foing nothing before)

Kobe & Pau was enough to get it done, so its logical to think that Kobe, Pau, a mastly improved Bynum & Steve Nash could possibly get it done even without much around them.

However, with Kobe Pau & Nash all on the decline, some good role players wouldn't hurt.

In lamens terms: stay mad.

magic chiongson
07-05-2012, 02:12 AM

don't leave :D

OmniStrife
07-05-2012, 02:16 AM
in b4

CONSULTbe
AGENTbe
RECRUITbe
:bowdown:

repped!

edit: can't rep you yet. PM me in a few days... :cheers:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Im confused, I thought ISH already determined that no one wants to play with Kobe.
:confusedshrug:

PJR
07-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Im confused, I thought ISH already determined that no one wants to play with Kobe.
:confusedshrug:

He other choices were the Knicks and the Raptors..Lakers won by default.

ihoopallday
07-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Listened to an interview earlier where Nash had previously stated he'd never team up with Kobe. Wow, things have changed. At this rate, we're going to have like 5 super teams in the league. Guess Miami set the precedent. I feel bad for the cities losing their all star players to big market teams.

OmniStrife
07-05-2012, 02:27 AM
He other choices were the Knicks and the Raptors..Lakers won by default.
this.... actually makes sense... :lol

swag2011
07-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Listened to an interview earlier where Nash had previously stated he'd never team up with Kobe. Wow, things have changed. At this rate, we're going to have like 5 super teams in the league. Guess Miami set the precedent. I feel bad for the cities losing their all star players to big market teams.

Lol you mean Boston setting the precedent back in 08? And stop lying, you didn't feel bad for Cleveland or Toronto when Lebron and Bosh left them to go to Miami? Miami ain't a big market team, but it's still an attractive place to go, with Pat Riley and D.Wade being there.

Quizno
07-05-2012, 02:37 AM

it doesn't have anything to do with his 3 point shooting ability, he just doesn't get as much lift anymore and it hurts him. he still RARELY misses open 3's, but if nash can create some open looks for him (and he will), i guarantee kobe will shoot 3's at a great percentage. he won't need to take nearly as many contested jumpers anymore. i'm calling a 36% 3 point shooting season for kobe

BlueandGold
07-05-2012, 02:39 AM

lol are you really comparing Nash going to LA in a sign and trade to Lebron and Wade's public relations debacle of a free agency?

notice how the two bolded words have different meanings. :facepalm

WockaVodka
07-05-2012, 02:41 AM
I wouldn't mind Hill joining the team because I would love to see Hill who is one of my favorite players get a ring.

Kobe stopped Hill and Nash from getting a title in 2010, it is only fair that he leads them to one in return.

PJR
07-05-2012, 02:41 AM
lol are you really comparing Nash going to LA in a sign and trade to Lebron and Wade's public relations debacle of a free agency?

notice how the two bolded words have different meanings. :facepalm

Last time I checked, LeBron was sign and traded to Miami.

lilblingy
07-05-2012, 02:49 AM
:cheers: :cheers: Recruitbe:banana:

unbreakable
07-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Kblaze comparing the Lakers to the Heat SMH

2 40 yr olds, a soft spaniard, and an immature center vs 3 prime, max level, all star superstars.

Kblaze TROLLIN US LMAO

Nevaeh
07-05-2012, 02:52 AM
it doesn't have anything to do with his 3 point shooting ability, he just doesn't get as much lift anymore and it hurts him. he still RARELY misses open 3's, but if nash can create some open looks for him (and he will), i guarantee kobe will shoot 3's at a great percentage. he won't need to take nearly as many contested jumpers anymore. i'm calling a 36% 3 point shooting season for kobe

Heh heh heh..........I'm sorry, but that line just made me laugh. Kobe will find a reason to, don't worry. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 03:11 AM

That's only cuz they truly know nothing about basketball. They can't actually analyze a game cuz 99% of them don't even watch games, just box scores and stats. Then they watch/listen to the media and repeat what the analysts say. Trying to make it look like they know what they're talking about, when they really don't. Their mindset is to blame anything and everything on Kobe when the Lakers lose. But give him none of the credit when they win. Then still expect REASONABLE people to take them seriously.:facepalm

clayton
07-05-2012, 03:14 AM
They won't even pass OKC, and their fans are already comparing to the Heat. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-05-2012, 03:40 AM

Don't forget his finger issues as well as the wrist injury he had early in the season. Before his finger injury in the 2010 season Kobe was shooting really well from 3.

Doranku
07-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, my two favorite players on the same team. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: GET THAT TITLE LET'S F*CKING GO BABY

Doranku
07-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Wow, just read all of the bitter posts. :roll: :roll: :roll:

inb4 Kobe 49%+ shooting next season
inb4 Lakers #1 seed in the West
inb4 ring :roll:

Haters mad. Kobe getting 6. Deal with it.

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Lakers suck, Kobe sucks yagga yadda yadda blah blah blah. But when the Lakers sign Steve Nash, they're salty as ****:roll:

Makes sense if you don't think about it:lol

Optimus Prime
07-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Buckets and rings...that's what we talkin bout Steve!!! :kobe:

Kblaze8855
07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
So you're going to use the bottom of the barrel as an example for why he might make the HOF.:oldlol: You're reaching hard and trying to use the term HOF as a buzz word to elevate his play past what it really is.

12.5/11 is just not HOF.. anyway you cut it. Nash wouldnt have won any of those MVPs if he had played like he did last year and put up those stats. W/o those MVPs and obviously diminished team success since he is much worse now than he was then, he wouldnt be in the HOF consideration as it stands.

I used Reggie because he like several others fit the claim you made about Nash not being top 15. There are at least 2 recent HOF players arguably never top 15.

And it's not really fair to act like you would know how many all star appearances and other individual awards he would get in this hypothetical scenario where he magically averages the same stats for 17 years straight.

If Nash averages 12.5/11/2.6 instead of 18+/11+/4 and ~20/12 in the playoffs like he did in his peak/prime years with Pheonix, he has no MVPs, probably a couple of first round exits and is regarded as the 2nd or 3rd best player on his team. No HOF there..

I didnt even literally mean the exact same situation unfolds yearly. But it seems you did with your claim he never makes the playoffs and all that. I meant his general level of play is the same.

If last year literally happened 16-17 times in a row hes the only player within striking distance of Stocktons assist record, hes led the league 6 times since 96, hes a 16 time all star and one of the most beloved players of his era for fighting it out with a shitty team for as long as he did.

But that isnt the issue. Not magic or the suns somehow having the worst GM in history for 16 years.

Its the player in question. The skills...the shooting/scoring skills and playmaking...the passing Nash displayed in 2012....HOF level. If hes got them his entire career hes a HOF player. At some point he will have a #2 and #3 better than Gortat and Dudley...hes gonna have some team success. But either way...the player Nash was....was HOF level skills wise. 2012 Nash...was among the most skilled players of all time. His playmaking and general offensive skills were HOF level and there is no case to be made otherwise. Him playing 31 minutes does not change that.

Again you're taking one of the worst PGs in the HOF and saying Steve Nash would be similar to him IF you extrapolated stats in a completely unrealistic way. Ok.. you're pushing an argument around a buzz word and clearly overrating him as he is now.

I dont think Mark Jackson is in the HOF or going. I believe you misunderstood something there.

Yeah it does.. If Steve Nash doesnt play HOF worthy like you're saying he is right now for the Lakers, then you're whole argument was bullshit.

Of course if he puts up 10/10 you'll say that he would have ended his career with the all time assists record if you extrapolate those numbers 25 years and thus he was playing at an all time HOF level.

So....if Nash doesnt next year play the level I said he was on last year...my claim about what he did last year is bullshit?

Think that out for a moment and get back to me.

This really got way off course. The point is...Nash is not some broken down Mitch Richmond or Juwan Howard vet joining a great team. Hes an all star....a HOF level player who most recently displayed HOF level basketball playing ability. Which is why I dont care how old he is.

When he doesnt have skills to match or exceed many all time greats...ill not consider him one. Last year...that was not the case.

Kblaze8855
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM
And the idea that this is a trade and the Heat was free agency? Its almost as if people dont even pay attention to the league.

Nash himself said he decided to go to the lakers and went to the suns to get a sign and trade that they didnt even want to do. Reason being the Lakers didnt have the cap money to offer him a good deal. Nash was...like Bosh/Lebron...an unrestricted free agent. And like them....only did a sign and trade to raise the money he could get.

He couldnt join the lakers for 8-9 millio na year straight up so he asked them to sign and trade him. Its....why most people are signed and traded.

Its money. Not...the Suns wanting to trade Nash to the Lakers.

07-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Gonna be a fun season, excited :banana:

LBJDW305
07-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Lol Kobe fans call wade washed up....then when it's to their convenience they call him a prime superstar

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-05-2012, 11:30 AM
And the idea that this is a trade and the Heat was free agency? Its almost as if people dont even pay attention to the league.

Nash himself said he decided to go to the lakers and went to the suns to get a sign and trade that they didnt even want to do. Reason being the Lakers didnt have the cap money to offer him a good deal. Nash was...like Bosh/Lebron...an unrestricted free agent. And like them....only did a sign and trade to raise the money he could get.

He couldnt join the lakers for 8-9 millio na year straight up so he asked them to sign and trade him. Its....why most people are signed and traded.

Its money. Not...the Suns wanting to trade Nash to the Lakers.
He took less money to stay closer to home...stay closer to his kids.
Also, Phoenix did not even offer a 3 year deal, unlike Knicks, Toronto and Lakers.

AlphaWolf24
07-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Laker H8ers and Lebra apologists saying Nash joining Kobe = Wade + Lebron + Bosh..

silly..

not even close.

AK47DR91
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
First Artest...then Barnes...now Nash. Kobe seems to always find a way to recruit his rival.

Nash wasn't technically a rival to Kobe but Nash's team was.

CavaliersFTW
07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
NASHBe

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2012, 12:57 PM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

http://fstfreight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/first-source-transport-ltl-route-la-to-phoenix.jpg

Its like a fifty minute flight to get from LA to Phoenix and vice versa. He'd spend more time driving through LA traffic to visit his kids living in the suburbs.

Pablooo5
07-05-2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.iv.pl/images/63222587226238596277.jpg (http://www.iv.pl/)-------COME ON,STEVE!

BuffaloBill
07-05-2012, 12:59 PM
GodBe does it again :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM

This, Nash can still ball and if Mike Brown(and Kobe) gives him the chance, he will elevate the games of everyone on that team and make even Gasol look like less of a ******. One of the biggest issue's the Lakers had last year was offensive cohesiveness, a lot of guys would stand around and watch Kobe with the ball, there wasn't much of a flow, Nash can definitely improve that tremendously.

Godzuki
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
kobechak :bowdown:

move over Knicks i'm back on the LAkers wagon!!!1 :pimp:

I<3NBA
07-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Kobe recruiting Nash is actually much worse than Wade recruiting Lebron and Bosh. at least Wade recruited friends. Kobe recruited a rival! it would be like Rondo recruiting Lebron :facepalm

this shows how bitch made Kobe is. to stoop so low and ask help from a rival that's taken you out of the playoffs before.

where's Kobe's competitive spirit btw? now, even 2 towers isn't enough for him? :lol

BuffaloBill
07-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Kobe recruiting Nash is actually much worse than Wade recruiting Lebron and Bosh. at least Wade recruited friends. Kobe recruited a rival! it would be like Rondo recruiting Lebron :facepalm

this shows how bitch made Kobe is. to stoop so low and ask help from a rival that's taken you out of the playoffs before.

where's Kobe's competitive spirit btw? now, even 2 towers isn't enough for him? :lol

:lebroncry:

White Mamba
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM

lebron is recruiting a guy named ray :oldlol:

Droid101
07-05-2012, 01:57 PM

I bought a shirt for you:

http://rlv.zcache.com/salty_tshirt-p235977514234472330en7r2_210.jpg

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
We still have work to do. Our bench sucks and we are still one of the slowest teams in the league. Your job ain't done, Mitch.

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
We still have work to do. Our bench sucks and we are still one of the slowest teams in the league. Your job ain't done, Mitch.

Aaron Brooks, Grant Hill, Jason Terry, Kris Humphries, Jason Thompson...all still out there.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Aaron Brooks, Grant Hill, Jason Terry, Kris Humphries, Jason Thompson...all still out there.

Jason Terry's going to Boston, but I would love for him to sign with us. That guy is a gamer, period.

Grant Hill fills a huge void, but it has yet to be seen if he'll recover from his knee injury. Either way, he'd be a positive locker room presence.

What I'd really like this team to do is a sign a stretch four. If we could somehow sign and trade for Ilsasova I would lose my shit.

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I slept through the news.....too bad I didn't pick up on this thread earlier to lay waste on some of the Heat posters, with that weak shit trolling it makes it so easy...................Anyway, I hate Nash but I guess for the team it's the best decision.

I am laughting to death to all the Phoenix fans in this forum. Fvck you 10x Mofos......might as well start changing those avys to Heat avys, we all know that's where the heart is for 80% of you all.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I slept through the news.....too bad I didn't pick up on this thread earlier to lay waste on some of the Heat posters, with that weak shit trolling it makes it so easy...................Anyway, I hate Nash but I guess for the team it's the best decision.

I am laughting to death to all the Phoenix fans in this forum. Fvck you 10x Mofos......might as well start changing those avys to Heat avys, we all know that's where the heart is for 80% of you all.
Wow, classless. GTFO.

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Wow, classless. GTFO.

What up homie, still mad your boy is a choker? or you wanna continue arguing how somehow according to you Kobe choked in 04, 08....

It's not classless when we both fanbases are rivals to death and when most of that fanbase support the Heat for some "odd" reason....

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
What up homie, still mad your boy is a choker? or you wanna continue arguing how Kobe choked in 04, 08....
My boy? Lebron? I've been a Kobe fan for over 10 years.

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
My boy? Lebron? I've been a Kobe fan for over 10 seconds.

I fixed that for you...

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
My boy? Lebron? I've been a Kobe fan for over 10 years.

Nice try, LeBron fanboy.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I fixed that for you...

Nice try, LeBron fanboy.

That's hilarious. I've been on this board for over 4 years now, I think anyone that recognizes me will tell you I'm a Lakers fan and a Kobe fan too. Just because I'm not a fanboy whose blinded with bias and homer glasses doesn't mean I'm not a fan of a player.

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
That's hilarious. I've been on this board for over 4 years now, I think anyone that recognizes me will tell you I'm a Lakers fan and a Kobe fan too. Just because I'm not a fanboy whose blinded with bias and homer glasses doesn't mean I'm not a fan of a player.

Saying something as inaccurate as Kobe "choked" in 04, 08 and making a lame attempt to back it up in a serious manner tells otherwise. Moreover when it was a direct response to a diss of mine to Lebron when you were never invited to the discussion. To top it off, none of the Heat posters there came up even with such ridiculous idea. The way you energetically jumped at my strong diss goes above and beyond a simple response from an otherwise unbiased outsider. The urge and the interest for a response, plus the way you did it obviously shows you took it personally to defend Lebron. To add to it, why bring Kobe? you could have defended Lebron in some other manner? No, you looked at my avy and tried to take a cheap shot to even the plain field for Bron.....(which you failed horribly at)

Cool story thou, I love when people come up with these lines....you're a Bron homer, plain and simple.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Saying something as innacuratte as Kobe "choked" in 04, 08 and making a lame attempt to back it up seriously tells otherwise. Cool story thou, I love denial.
I really and truly believe Kobe was the reason the Lakers lost in '04 with his extremely inefficient play and in '08 I believe he very much faded after that huge blown lead. I can be realistic about my favorite player and admit failures along with success :confusedshrug: Perhaps we weren't thinking of the term "choke" in the same sense, but to me, the Lakers were the favorites in each series before they started and Bryant underperformed each time, hence the choke.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM

I'm joking, dimwit.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm joking, dimwit.
:biggums:

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
:biggums:

And that other guy has to be trolling. You're one of like 10 recognizable Lakers fans on here (you know, aside from the 5-10 Kobe trolls).

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
And that other guy has to be trolling. You're one of like 10 recognizable Lakers fans on here (you know, aside from the 5-10 Kobe trolls).

You don't say...:facepalm

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I really and truly believe Kobe was the reason the Lakers lost in '04 with his extremely inefficient play and in '08 I believe he very much faded after that huge blown lead. I can be realistic about my favorite player and admit failures along with success :confusedshrug: Perhaps we weren't thinking of the term "choke" in the same sense, but to me, the Lakers were the favorites in each series before they started and Bryant underperformed each time, hence the choke.
Yea. I see what you mean. Malone being hurt in the finals was Kobes fault too. Payton being ineffective was also Kobes fault.

clayton
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Kobe will always be Kobe. Give him LeBron and he'll still do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvmLnvsIdw

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Kobe will always be Kobe. Give him LeBron and he'll still do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvmLnvsIdw

Or do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J1NkZcekSc

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-05-2012, 06:11 PM
lebron is recruiting a guy named ray :oldlol:
boom

mavsownage41
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey Kobe and Nash. Time to go convince Dirk.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
"Kobe Convinced Nash"

"Nash reached out to Kobe"

kobesabi
07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I think LeDiva 2012 championship did the work for Kobe...it made it easy to make Nash to pick the Lakers

(minimum) Winning formula = Big 3s

It seems Nash is probably more bitter to Mark Cuban than to Lakers.

chazzy
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1gqGk.jpg

DKLaker
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1gqGk.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Human Error
07-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Best SG and PG on the same team. They terrified. Kobe going for 6+.

Wade is in Miami and Chris Paul is in LA. :confusedshrug:

LelBron
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MoINs.jpg

LikeABosh
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
:lol :roll:

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 11:50 PM

First one that I actually like...I though the others were forcing it a bit. :applause:

ROCSteady
07-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, my two favorite players on the same team. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: GET THAT TITLE LET'S F*CKING GO BABY

:applause: I echo these exact sentiments. Two fav guards of this generation can win us ANOTHER ring. I would enjoy that title so much, prolly almost as much as the first Shaq/ Kobe championship

nashwade
07-06-2012, 12:52 AM

bets pic for a long time :applause:

macpierce
07-06-2012, 12:56 AM
lebron and rays face are so hilarious ahahahah

Jasper
07-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Kobe second coming of the coat tail rider part 2 ???
or 3 :oldlol:

This was strictly a decision Nash took , not the Lakers bending over taking it the hard way...

The argument is or will the Lakers when Nash is on the court come over on weak side help when Nash can't defend who he is guarding ????

----
This changes alot when it comes to their front court prowl's ...
Grant Hill is used to coming over and sliding over on defense ... but can you see Bynum or Pau do it ??

Bynum would shake his head , instead of shake a finger ... and Pau would look like it was unforseen' that a defender could penetrate the paint ...

Fact is now - Lakers front offense needs Howard more than ever.

ZeN
07-06-2012, 02:11 AM
That's absolutely correct.. The Lakers still aren't scary and won't be unless they get Howard.. He completely alters the defensive make-up of the team.. Which is what a DPOY candidate should obviously do..

tomtucker
07-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Oh shit...my heart just skipped...i thought the title said: Kobe convicted.........

could have found some old dna....phew

LakersForlife
07-06-2012, 04:16 AM
kobe "the blackbe" Brybe

SacJB Shady
07-06-2012, 04:25 AM
:facepalm

Seriously. Some people don't get it. If Nash averaged 11 assists a game, where does age 38 make him less incredible? If anything, that makes him MORE impressive. People just are sorry and don't get it. Nash is the best in the business when it comes to throwing dishes period. Lakers now have 5 all stars on their starting rotation. They are instant contenders. 38 year old Nash is not the same as 38 year old Shaq. People don't get it.

TheeBeast
07-06-2012, 06:00 AM
:facepalm

Seriously. Some people don't get it. If Nash averaged 11 assists a game, where does age 38 make him less incredible? If anything, that makes him MORE impressive. People just are sorry and don't get it. Nash is the best in the business when it comes to throwing dishes period. Lakers now have 5 all stars on their starting rotation. They are instant contenders. 38 year old Nash is not the same as 38 year old Shaq. People don't get it.

Where does the fifth one come from?:confusedshrug:

DTD
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
"Kobe Convinced Nash"

"Nash reached out to Kobe"

Nash: "He Gave me a call"

8:30 of the interview Nash gave yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8132510

KokoWarzone
07-07-2012, 05:03 AM
LOL @ lebron and ray allen pic

on topic :

will be interesting to see kobe and nash playing together.