PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash's statement to the Suns

All Net
07-04-2012, 10:40 PM
For the last 8 seasons I've been blessed to play for a team and a city that has embraced me and that I have come to call home. This is a tough business and the only thing constant in life is change.

After talking with (owner) Robert (Sarver) and (president of basketball operations) Lon (Babby) we've agreed that it's time for both of us to move in new directions. I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign and trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.

They were very apprehensive and didn't want to do it. Fortunately for me, they reconsidered. They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better, assets they would not have otherwise had and it made sense for them to do a deal that helps their team get better.

I couldn't be more grateful to the organization and Robert in particular. I know how hard this was for him and that fact that he was able to help me and my family in this way ... it means a lot and says a lot about his character. I will never forget this gesture. Above and beyond.

The Phoenix Suns are an amazing organization and fans should be excited about their future. I hope the Suns win a championship some day soon for all the amazing fans and wonderful people in the organization.http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/sources-steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

Derrick
07-04-2012, 10:41 PM
:cheers:

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
class

LamarOdom
Such a great man and funny when he wants to, really happy he'll be joining the Lakers.

All Net
Class act :cheers:

D12"Magic"
"They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better,"

:roll:

BallsOut
Steve Nash, always a high character guy. Got goosebumps reading that. :bowdown:

Yung D-Will
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
End of an era
:cry:

Velocirap31
07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Suns fans should realize that the Suns organization didn't seem very interested in keeping Nash. I guess they didn't want to pay him or they are rebuilding. Props to Nash, that's how a player should leave a team.

Freedom Kid7
Nash is a pretty darn classy guy. $arver should have gotten a better coach and made smarter moves (paying the luxury tax, etc.) when Nash was in his prime. It's good to know that now he's moving Nash to where he wants

RoseCity07
If Kobe's legacy wasn't already done it's done now. Now playing with 3 all-stars and a MVP next to him and he still won't win. Talk about riding talent. Kobe always gets his way, and you know he wanted Nash to sign there.

Kobe is done period. Just retire if you need that much help.

Doctor Rivers
07-04-2012, 10:45 PM
If Kobe's legacy wasn't already done it's done now. Now playing with 3 all-stars and a MVP next to him and he still won't win. Talk about riding talent. Kobe always gets his way, and you know he wanted Nash to sign there.

lol so salty

BrickingStar
Suns suck ass anyway now he can take his talents where there most needed please burn down the suns franchise and their fans.

Reverend Hoops
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22981847.jpg

Maniak
I almost cried.

Batz

18, 000 posts worth of crap here ladies and gentlemen.

bagelred
07-04-2012, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes: He wants to be closer to his children, but he lives in NYC during the offseason. :kobe:

Me thinks the children be an excuse. Cash + titles + L.A.

webberz0044
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Props to the Suns for doing the right thing but i still can't see them getting past the Thunder.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
:rolleyes: He wants to be closer to his children, but he lives in NYC during the offseason. :kobe:

i agree, extremely weak excuse, but hell :banana:

All Net
07-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Props to the Suns for doing the right thing but i still can't see them getting past the Thunder.

Don't think moves wise L.A are done yet.

takai
07-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Truly a classy guy.

Draz
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
definitely a class act.

LamarOdom
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
:roll:

What? will they ever win with Nash? a TPE and future picks will give them a better chance to rebuild.

bagelred
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
We need a Steve Nash children tracker for the upcoming season. We need to track how many times Nash goes to Phoenix to visit his children.

BrickingStar
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Suns suck dick he should of shat on the court before leaving

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 10:51 PM

http://img4-1.sunset.timeinc.net/i/2008/07/salt-word-m.jpg?300:300

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Didn't you know there's a city called "New YorbaLinda City" in California? :lol

wally_world
07-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I can already feel the goosebumps for his first game back in Phoenix, whenever that will happen next season

G-Funk
07-04-2012, 10:52 PM

maybe his kids move in with him in the summer? :confusedshrug:

Haymaker
07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
No matter which team he joins, I'll always like the guy.

DaSeba5
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Class act. He's a great guy! :cheers:

Fudge
07-04-2012, 11:04 PM

:confusedshrug:

How does this ruin his legacy?

"In other news around the NBA, the Trail Blazers again find themselves in a hole by drafting soon-to-be busts Meyes Leonard and Damian Lillard. Crawford and Batum also on their way out. Enjoy mediocrity for the next 5 years"

longtime lurker
07-04-2012, 11:06 PM
You have to give it to the Suns for being classy about the situation. Just goes to show you that loyalty goes both ways in the NBA.

longtime lurker
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM

:roll: :roll: why so mad?

LockoutOver11
07-04-2012, 11:08 PM
hahahahaha **** phoenix...

i mean **** the lakers too,, but most importantly **** the phoenix suns ahahahahhha.

SevereUpInHere
07-04-2012, 11:48 PM

This f*cking guy. Steve Nash thread and Kobe stays on his mind. :kobe:

Does Kobe appear in your dreams?

Prodigy
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
You have to give it to the Suns for being classy about the situation. Just goes to show you that loyalty goes both ways in the NBA.

They could have gotten the draft picks.

Or they could have gotten nothing.

longtime lurker
07-05-2012, 12:07 AM
They could have gotten the draft picks.

Or they could have gotten nothing.

Or they could have said fvck the Lakers and go to the Knicks. But in the end they respected Steve Nash's wishes. A kind of thank you for everything he's done for the organization.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Never thought this would've happened....

This would've been real scary a couple years ago.

What's next, Ray Allen to the Heat?

Linspired
07-05-2012, 12:19 AM
total class. :bowdown:

I watch Nash's fundamental DVD time to time.

http://youtu.be/EUrI4M0ISdo

I do all those drills at least 2 times a week. I'm 33, but i'm twice better player right now than i was 20. thanks to those simple drills.

TheBigVeto
07-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Stupid Nash. He's hurting his legacy by joining the dark side!

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 01:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/sources-steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

This is how you leave a team on good terms, and NOT pull a b***h move like Lebron.:applause:

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Great class and respect from him. God him+Kobe will be so fun to watch. I wonder if Kobe will let him handle the ball?

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Great class and respect from him. God him+Kobe will be so fun to watch. I wonder if Kobe will let him handle the ball?

:wtf: Well he's the point guard.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 02:00 AM
:wtf: Well he's the point guard.

How long have you been a Lakers fan? Kobe has never had a HOF PG next to him but he's always been their primary ballhandler and even with Sessions he had trouble playing off the ball. Trouble meaning he would go back to dominating the ball often. He needs to adjust his playstyle completely for this to work to it's peak.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:01 AM
How long have you been a Lakers fan? Kobe has never had a HOF PG next to him but he's always been their primary ballhandler and even with Sessions he had trouble playing off the ball.

Define ball handler. Because I don't remember the last time I saw Kobe bring the ball up the floor.

And Gary Payton was the primary ball handler back in 03-04.

DetroitPistonFan
07-05-2012, 02:05 AM

Let's also rant about Magic Johnson's Lakers for signing Bob McAdoo and Mychal Thompson. And also Michael Jordan's Bulls for getting that steal trade for Dennis Rodman and signing Ron Harper. Oh yeah and Dwyane Wade getting help from Shaq, Gary Payton, Alonzo Mourning, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, James Posey and Derek Anderson to win the 2006 NBA Championship.

Derka
07-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Ah, Steve...you're a good guy and that was a nice letter and all...

But...you're a Laker. You are officially my enemy.

Have a nice day!

OmniStrife
07-05-2012, 02:23 AM
I almost cried.
:cheers:

End of an era.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Ah, Steve...you're a good guy and that was a nice letter and all...

But...you're a Laker. You are officially my enemy.

Have a nice day!

But I thought the Miami Heat was your enemy?

Derka
07-05-2012, 02:29 AM
But I thought the Miami Heat was your enemy?
They're a temporary thorn in my Celtics' side.

The Lakers will now and forever be our mortal enemies. Its just the way of things.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:31 AM
They're a temporary thorn in my Celtics' side.

The Lakers will now and forever be our mortal enemies. Its just the way of things.

Would you consider a thorn to be an enemy, even if just temporarily an enemy?

unbreakable
07-05-2012, 02:49 AM

Dude Nash is 38. Atleast Kobe aint got 2 prime superstars with him.

:wtf:

Derka
07-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Would you consider a thorn to be an enemy, even if just temporarily an enemy?
I suppose, but they'll never get to Lakers levels.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:54 AM
I suppose, but they'll never get to Lakers levels.

If the Heat is your enemy, then isn't the enemy of your enemies, the Lakers, your friend? :lol

Sound and Fury
07-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Memo to Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and any other young up-and-comer who wants to dictate where they are going...

THIS is how you handle yourself.

You play out the contract that you agreed to.
You don't "flirt" with other teams until your contract expires, even through third parties - not even a peep of interest in playing anywhere else.
If you do decide you wish to go to another team in free agency and that team is capped out, quietly give your team a heads-up on where you want to go, allowing them the time and leverage to try to get some assets via sign-and-trade (which gets you more money anyway).
When the time comes to part, you say you loved your time with the franchise, you are glad they were able to get some valuable pieces for you, and you wish them well.

Every agent in the NBA should make Nash's presser required viewing/reading when their clients are coming up on a contract year.

TeamLAC
07-05-2012, 02:58 AM
No matter which team he joins, I'll always like the guy.
This. I don't like the Lakers but I love Nash. I will be watching them more now. :applause:

strifed169
07-05-2012, 02:58 AM
doesn't sound liek Nash, sounds like he's reading from a teleprompter, should have kept it real