PDA

View Full Version : Raptors acquire Kyle Lowry in trade

niko
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Terms to be disclosed soon on ESPN via Stein (although Broussard will take credit).

Oh, and **** the Raptors and Rockets.

b1imtf
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Rockets will push even harder for Lin now

CelticBaller
Raptors get lowry, Rockets get lin

Damn Knicks getting clowned :lol

El Kabong
So who's the Rockets PG now?

Qwyjibo
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Well, when plans A thru C fail, at least you still have option D in a desperate attempt to save your job.

Just waiting for the report to confirm that Colangelo traded an unprotected 1st rounder. :oldlol:

It's A VC3!!!
Wow, this guy is a great young PG. He will hate going into a uncharted area like Toronto. Nobody talks about them and their team is still bad.

AMISTILLILL
Quality signing when you take the options of Dragic and Nash off the table. I'm interested to see the terms. Perhaps Calderon's expirer is involved..? That would certainly change Houston's desire to acquire Jeremy Lin somewhat, unless they insist on using him as a reserve.

BuffaloBill
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Jerry Lin

plat1numX
nice a good young pg with a nice contract

PJR
I seriously question Daryl Morey and his ability to build a team.

niko
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow, this guy is a great young PG. He will hate going into a uncharted area like Toronto. Nobody talks about them and their team is still bad.
Have you been there though? City is awesome.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Rockets just lost all of their PGs in one offseason :oldlol:

NY is matching any offer for Lin, no doubt.

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Calderon has to be involved in this deal. It makes far too much sense.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Really weird from the Rockets...giving up on Dragic then giving Lin the same contract....

Now getting rid of Lowry? Wonder what the exact details of the trade are.

I guess they have Zoran Dragic on their summer league team. The next great hope.

IGotACoolStory
07-05-2012, 02:09 PM
What the **** are the Rockets doing?

Ultimate tank mode now.

PejaNowitzki
"And now.........starting at point guard for YOUR Houston Rockets....Raymond Felllllllllllllllllllltonnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

:lol :lol

IGOTGAME
Well, when plans A thru C fail, at least you still have option D in a desperate attempt to save your job.

Just waiting for the report to confirm that Colangelo traded an unprotected 1st rounder. :oldlol:

true...guy has made some questionable moves in the last month. at least you guys will still be in the jabari parker or andrew wiggins sweapstakes...either one can turn a franchise around

El Kabong
Jerry Lin
You really think NY won't match that offer?

D-Rose
Don't understand this because it seems NY will definitely match that deal for Lin. There must be more to this trade or Houston must have more in the works. Morey has been so active this off season.

niko
07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Don't understand this because it seems NY will definitely match that deal for Lin. There must be more to this trade or Houston must have more in the works. Morey has been so active this off season.
Acquiring picks for Dwight?

TeamLAC
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
What the fck is houston doing?! :confusedshrug:

It's A VC3!!!
07-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Have you been there though? City is awesome.

The city is great indeed. From a basketball perspective it's terrible. The only time they were brought up was when Vince was there. After Vince left, CB made them slightly relevant but they still sucked. They still suck up till this day. Nobody likes talking about them. Many analysts say that too. Somebody asked Magic Johnson a question about Toronto and his reply was" they play in the nba"

not a good nba destination. they need some serious star power to become relevant.

Mr Know It All
07-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Really good move for the Raptors gives them a top 10 PG who plays terrific D. Calderon will be amnestied now.

Starting lineup:

PG: Lowry/Bayless
SG: Derozan/Ross
SF: Johnson/Ross/Derozan
PF: Bargnani/Davis/Johnson
C: Valanciunas/Johnson

If they can pick up a veteran C or swing a trade for the all-star SF they've been going on about that's a definite playoff team in the east. Hell I say now they are a playoff team with that roster if Jonas can be even adequate in his first year.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Acquiring picks for Dwight?
Certainly that would make sense. Any word on what they traded Lowry for?

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Really good move for the Raptors gives them a top 10 PG who plays terrific D. Calderon will be amnestied now.

Starting lineup:

If they can pick up a veteran C or swing a trade for the all-star SF they've been going on about that's a definite playoff team in the east. Hell I say now they are a playoff team with that roster if Jonas can be even adequate in his first year.
32 wins, at best.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Woj: Toronto will send a future first-round pick that source says "is conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."

Yep, more Dwight ammo.

IGotACoolStory
The city is great indeed. From a basketball perspective it's terrible. The only time they were brought up was when Vince was there. After Vince left, CB made them slightly relevant but they still sucked. They still suck up till this day. Nobody likes talking about them. Many analysts say that too. Somebody asked Magic Johnson a question about Toronto and his reply was" they play in the nba"

not a good nba destination. they need some serious star power to become relevant.

Even then, Toronto's ceiling was limited. And Vince was on the verge of becoming THE star of the NBA.

So yeah, they might need more than a star.

Mr Know It All
32 wins, at best.

35+ minimum barring majory injuries guaranteed. You are talking out of your ass.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Woj: Toronto will send a future first-round pick that source says "is conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."

Yep, more Dwight ammo.
It's a shame that he's going to take a paycut to come to Phoenix.

niko
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Didn't you hear? They got Landry Fields. :D Knicks are declining to match, must have been a tough decision for all 18 seconds they thought about it.

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
We traded a 1st for lowry DAMMIT

Reverend Hoops
07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Houston offered Lin the max. :biggums:

Droid101
07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
32 wins, at best.
Still make the playoffs in the east. :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
We traded a 1st for lowry DAMMIT
is it lottery protected?

AMISTILLILL
35+ minimum barring majory injuries guaranteed. You are talking out of your ass.
35 at best. Bookmarked.

Maniak
If Fields' contract was worth like half as much or something then I'd be much more excited for the Raptors future.

Lowry seems like an emergency "save my job" type move from BC. Will still be nice to see someone new running the show in Toronto.

El Kabong
Seriously, Nash ****ed up. Canada is now Lowry's town you mothercanucker and you'll rue the day you made Calangelo angry.

It's A VC3!!!
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Even then, Toronto's ceiling was limited. And Vince was on the verge of becoming THE star of the NBA.

So yeah, they might need more than a star.

An NBA poll is 2001 asked who will be the face of the NBA for the next decade. Vince got nearly 60% of the votes. Sad enough, that never transpired. It was a 5 player vote and to get 60% of it is astonishing.

If they make the playoffs it will be crazy for that franchise.

I cannot wait to see the entire Nets arena wear black shirts for the playoffs. That arena would look sick.

EricGordon23
is it lottery protected?

Just checked its protected fewf!!!

FireDavidKahn
Rockets got a guaranteed future lottery pick out of this. They win.

irondarts
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
is it lottery protected?
Nope, doesn't look like it.

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Nope, doesn't look like it.

source?

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Source confirms that the Rockets have agreed to send Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a future lottery pick, as reported by @WojYahooNBA.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

:coleman:

Velocirap31
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Thank god.

D-Rose
According to Woj, it's NOT lottery protected.

EricGordon23
:coleman:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19507119/report-raptors-trade-for-rockets-pg-kyle-lowry-in-exchange-for-draft-picks

I read this and just assumed my bad.

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Houston goes from having the best point guard rotation in the league to NO POINT guard on their team.

:facepalm

This move will make even LESS sense when Dwight does not end up in Houston long term. You do not mortgage your future on a player who has no intention on signing a long term deal with you.

Meanwhile, BC makes a desperation move to save his job. Good luck getting Lowry to resign in a couple years. If he hated it in Houston, I'm sure he's going to LOVE being a bottom feeder in the already weak Atlantic Division. :oldlol:

Molson
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I can't believe it's lottery guaranteed. Only in Raptorland.

So when the Raptors suck and need the pick and Coangelo has long packed his bags, Raps are gonna be screwed.

No Evans!
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
If Lin signs with Houston. Do the Knicks get Calderon?

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Hold on with the lottery status of the pick...

Woj: The Rockets and Raptors are working on something "innovative," source says, with lottery protection on 1st round pick returning to Houston.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Houston goes from having the best point guard rotation in the league to NO POINT guard on their team.

:facepalm

This move will make even LESS sense when Dwight does not end up in Houston long term. You do not mortgage your future on a player who has no intention on signing a long term deal with you.

You have no clue what they are trying to do, so why :facepalm them. Lowry was getting trade no matter what. This move was going to happen anyway.

They just got a lottery pick in this trade. Everyone assumes Dwight Howard is the only player available. Typical fan stuff, though, I guess.

Let the man the work. It's obvious Morey is completely re-doing the whole team. It's not going to happen overnight.

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM

Shumpert to Toronto in exchange for Calderon. :lol

Two front offices locked in a competitive death race for ultimate incompetence.

Molson
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Raptors could have probably gotten Lowry/12th for Calderon/8th when Drummond was still on the board and still ended up with Ross.

Instead, in pursuit of Nash, here we are.

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
vid Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Rockets are telling people theyre guaranteed future Lottery pick from Toronto in Lowry deal (ESPN first), tho it's unclear how that happens.
Collapse
Reply Retweet Favorite

Bad move by the Raptors

Levity
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
my guess: "the rockets welcome back pg, aaron brooks!!"

Velocirap31
07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Raptors could have probably gotten Lowry/12th for Calderon/8th when Drummond was still on the board.

Good point. Now this team is at the cap and isn't much better, if at all.

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Raptors could have probably gotten Lowry/12th for Calderon/8th when Drummond was still on the board.

Exactly :facepalm

This offseason is the perfect example as to why bad teams typically remain bad teams.

Poor management. I'm talking, piss poor.

Molson
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Good point. Now this team is at the cap and isn't much better, if at all.

And would have still gotten Ross at 12th. With all this insanity that BC was doing to get Nash, you'd think he had some sort of whispered agreement with him in place already.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
So the Rockets lost Dragic AND Lowry and they're going to replace him with Jeremy Lin. Wow.

wang4three
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Kyle Lowry deserves better than be stuck on another bad team.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Should have thought about that before asking for a trade, no? That's on him. 100%.

He doesn't deserve better. He got what he wanted. He should be grateful.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 02:46 PM
So the Rockets lost Dragic AND Lowry and they're going to replace him with Jeremy Lin. Wow.

They probably aren't even getting Jeremy Lin.

They're rebuilding. They might not replace them with any long-term solution right now.

Haymaker
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM

NY is matching any offer for Lin, no doubt. They can always wait for Aaron Brooks to become available.

k0kakw0rld
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Good News for the raps. I'm looking forward to go see him play :rockon:

StateOfMind12
Houston's PG rotation will go from Dragic/Lowry to Felton/Brooks. :roll:

NY will match anything. NY will not let Lin play for some garbage and stupid organization.

BallsOut
This makes the Omer Asik trade even more laughable now. Asik was supposed to be a key piece in making them contenders again this season. Right now, it's Dwight Howard or bust for Morey.

Brooks
Martin
Parsons
Scola
Howard

Is that good enough to come of the West?

wang4three
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
:(
Should have thought about that before asking for a trade, no? That's on him. 100%.

He doesn't deserve better. He got what he wanted. He should be grateful.

I don't know if you feel offended or what the deal, but that was clearly a state of opinion. Whether you think he deserves more or less or adequate is yours and really I couldn't care less.

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
This makes the Omer Asik trade even more laughable now. Asik was supposed to be a key piece in making them contenders again this season. Right now, it's Dwight Howard or bust for Morey.

Brooks
Martin
Parsons
Scola
Howard

Is that good enough to come of the West?

What do you think? That team is worst than the team Dwight had in Orlando.

And, unlike the Magic, they're in the WEST.

Mediocrity :applause:

bagelred
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM

NY is matching any offer for Lin, no doubt.

Yup......even if it's max money year 3, the Knicks will match it.

But seriously, can someone explain to me why the Rockets are trading Lowry. What happened? I thought Rockets really liked that guy. What the dillio?

Pistol Pete
07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
Rockets-Raptors pick will be protected both ways. Rockets won't get it if too high, but also will wait if Raptors season makes it too late.

As long as it has top 2 or 3 protection, we're good.

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
:oldlol: No player ever deserves to be on any specific team.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
They probably aren't even getting Jeremy Lin.

They're rebuilding. They might not replace them with any long-term solution right now.

Yeah, so why let Gragic AND Lowry go? I don't see why they couldn't have resigned ONE of them. They're both young guys with relatively high ceilings.

bagelred
07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Didn't you hear? They got Landry Fields. :D Knicks are declining to match, must have been a tough decision for all 18 seconds they thought about it.

Although I doubt it, I think its POSSIBLE somehow Raptors reneg on that deal. I wonder if they can use some excuse to weasel out of it.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 03:09 PM
:(

I don't know if you feel offended or what the deal, but that was clearly a state of opinion. Whether you think he deserves more or less or adequate is yours and really I couldn't care less.

I'm offended by the notion that someone who through a hissy fit because he had competition for his job and demanded a trade somehow "deserves better" than any team. You ask for a trade, and you get traded, count yourself lucky that you got what you asked for.

Are my words more stern because I'm a Rockets fan? Sure. But that doesn't change what I said. It applies to any player from any team that demands a trade. "Deserves better" would imply that Lowry was somehow wronged by the Rockets, and that isn't the case. He got what he wanted but deserves nothing.

jaydacris
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
kinda feel raps coulda got him on draft night or prior

rockets wanted drummond, coulda given them 8th pick (drummond) and forbes for lowry and 12 (ross)

although this would have siderailed raps initial nash chase if they went and did this

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, so why let Gragic AND Lowry go? I don't see why they couldn't have resigned ONE of them. They're both young guys with relatively high ceilings.

Lowry didn't want to be there. Teams tend not to want to keep around guys that aren't happy because it isn't conducive to a productive culture. :confusedshrug:

Dragic is asking for a lot of money, man, and I'm not sure if he's really worth it. I'm not too mad at them for backing off. I'd rather endure a couple of bad seasons than be suck in the perpetual "best team to not make the playoffs" state the Rockets have been in for what seems like 5 years. And when they were making the playoffs, it was a first round exits. The teams have all done about the same. It's always a game or two keeping them out, it seems. I'm happy Morey is finally doing something different. Not sure where it's going but it is needed.

That said, I also don't want Lin for some crazy contract either. I'm not saying Morey is the man, because I do question a number of the moves he's made or has tried to make, but it's way too early to be acting like he's blown it for next year. A lot can still happen. Sudden moves have been happening since free agency started (Nash to LAL, Joe Johnson to the Nets, etc.). Morey's got his hands on everything, he's bound to catch something. I hope, anyway.

Qwyjibo
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
The drafting of Ross is going to turn into a huge wasted opportunity for the Raptors. When you're in the top 10 you want to find players that can be productive starters. Not role-players.

Looks like this deal basically gives away the Raptors next lottery pick (whenever that will be) with protection. My guess is that Houston gets the pick if it's anywhere between 5 and 10.

I hope this isn't enough to save Colangelo. He's been a disaster ever since coming to Toronto. Please, end it NOW.

hawkfan
07-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Scola, Martin, 2 of their draft picks from this year and 2 more future picks (Toronto's and then one of their own) for Howard and Jason Richardson.

That's about as good an offer that Orlando will get.

Hank
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
The drafting of Ross is going to turn into a huge wasted opportunity for the Raptors. When you're in the top 10 you want to find players that can be productive starters. Not role-players.

Looks like this deal basically gives away the Raptors next lottery pick (whenever that will be) with protection. My guess is that Houston gets the pick if it's anywhere between 5 and 10.

I hope this isn't enough to save Colangelo. He's been a disaster ever since coming to Toronto. Please, end it NOW.

agreed

hawkfan
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Worse than Rob Babcock.

GOBB
07-05-2012, 03:28 PM

Iggy for Ross and Bayless.

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
So after all this years, will we continue to hear rocket's fans brag about Morey's masterplan? I'm curious.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 03:34 PM
So after all this years, will we continue to hear rocket's fans brag about Morey's masterplan? I'm curious.

What Rocket fans have honestly bragged about some kind of "masterplan"?

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
It is protected so will they announce if its like only a top 3 the raps will get it?

Don't really know how it works so rep if you explain?

ralph_i_el
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM

you're a sixers fan?

Mr Exlax
07-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I honestly don't know what the Rockets are doing now. I'm so lost. Are we getting ready to start tanking?

Raz
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Bah, my buddy Gary Forbes has been included in the deal. Being sent to Houston.

soadrules
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
What Rocket fans have honestly bragged about some kind of "masterplan"?

Lots of us. And if you go through Clutchfans, you'll see the members constantly coming to the defense of Morey; "Oh, he didn't want to be here, blah blah blah (which was a similar argument you made)". Unfortunately, if you don't build a team right, and treat your players as people, they won't want to stay with an organization. I liked Morey at first. It's cool to keep some assets and play the game. But when you can't flip them for anything and you see a mass exodus of players leaving (whether it's due to the GM, or Coach or whatever), it speaks signs about his style just not working. It's not like Morey has just cleared the books with these trades either. He's picked up backloaded contracts with mediocre players like Asik and Jeremy Lin. They're on contract for the next 2-3 years. It's ridiculous.

I do agree he was dealt a bad hand with T-Mac, Yao, etc. not playing, but he still hasn't had the balls to move up, or make a decision in which to take the team (whether through tanking/making a risk on a player).

Lowry would be willing to play through his contract I'm willing to bet. And with such a great contract and his starting position back, I'm sure things would have blown over with McHale.

Raz
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Rockets and Raptors doing business.... both as incompetent as each other. BC and Dork Elvis both need the sack

Bertz
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I think the worst part of the Raptors' trades and moves so far is that they will remain irrelevant for a number of years.

The roster isn't that bad really, Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Bargnani, Valanciunas is pretty decent, with Ross, Davis, Johnson and Kleiza on the bench as well.

They'll contend for a playoff spot maybe, but that's probably going to be their ceiling for a while.

midatlantic09
07-05-2012, 04:19 PM

If I were the Sixers, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

Kujo
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Finally, BC makes a good trade/deal. It'll only took him 6 years. :lol

I really like Lowry's game. He's definitely a Dwayne Casey type player. He'll fit in nicely with us.

wang4three
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm offended by the notion that someone who through a hissy fit because he had competition for his job and demanded a trade somehow "deserves better" than any team. You ask for a trade, and you get traded, count yourself lucky that you got what you asked for.

Ok, if that's how you want to paint it. I saw it as a guy who beat out Goran and had the starting job but all of the sudden lost it because he was injured and the team gives him this absurd reason to re-prove it again. Every where he's been he's had to prove himself to be better than the incumbent of the job. Whether it's on the Grizzlies with Mike Conley, on the Rockets with Aaron Brooks, and again against Goran. And each time he has shown to be better but no team seems to care. Now he has a freak injury and lost his starting spot he's asked to prove it again? What is that? Essentially the team is just continually telling him "don't get hurt." And every game he's played harder than anyone on the floor. So yes, to a team that clearly doesn't care about him, yes, he deserves better. In my opinion.

Are my words more stern because I'm a Rockets fan? Sure. But that doesn't change what I said. It applies to any player from any team that demands a trade. "Deserves better" would imply that Lowry was somehow wronged by the Rockets, and that isn't the case. He got what he wanted but deserves nothing.

I don't know when you turned into a malcontent maligned individual that lambastes inviduals who have valid opinions or grammar errors. I don't know if it's cause the Razorbacks and Rockets have been poor lately, but perhaps you're looking at poor venues to take it out on.

blacknapalm
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
wtf is houston doing? how can you lose BOTH your PG's, especially when lowry was on such a nice contract? their offseason has been underwhelming to say the least

Kujo
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
kinda feel raps coulda got him on draft night or prior

rockets wanted drummond, coulda given them 8th pick (drummond) and forbes for lowry and 12 (ross)

although this would have siderailed raps initial nash chase if they went and did this

Yep, no doubt with could have got Ross with the 12th pick. This deal should have been made made on draft night.

Like Qwyjibo has pointed out, this makes the Ross draft choice look even worse. All I can say is I hope Ross proves us doubters wrong.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Ok, if that's how you want to paint it. I saw it as a guy who beat out Goran and had the starting job but all of the sudden lost it because he was injured and the team gives him this absurd reason to re-prove it again. Every where he's been he's had to prove himself to be better than the incumbent of the job. Whether it's on the Grizzlies with Mike Conley, on the Rockets with Aaron Brooks, and again against Goran. And each time he has shown to be better but no team seems to care. Now he has a freak injury and lost his starting spot he's asked to prove it again? What is that? Essentially the team is just continually telling him "don't get hurt." And every game he's played harder than anyone on the floor. So yes, to a team that clearly doesn't care about him, yes, he deserves better. In my opinion.

What the **** are you talking about? He had to prove himself? So what? Players should always have to prove themselves. Why get hurt over it? He didn't start when he came back from injury because.....he just missed a ton of games from injury. He immediately started whining about it. Goran was playing great ball and they were competing for a playoff spot. Shit happens.

I don't know when you turned into a malcontent maligned individual that lambastes inviduals who have valid opinions or grammar errors. I don't know if it's cause the Razorbacks and Rockets have been poor lately, but perhaps you're looking at poor venues to take it out on.

Who have I lambasted?

If I point out an error, it's to help someone out. And even then, I rarely do that for this very reason. People take it the wrong way.

You're more than welcome to your opinion in the same way that I am welcome to mine, and also in the same way that I am welcome to disagree with your opinion. You act as if I personally attacked you or something. Going back and ready our initial exchange reaffirms my first thought that I did no such thing. You chimed in with your thoughts and I did the same. I didn't come at you in a disrespectful well at all, and then you accused me of being offended. I never "lambasted" you. I just disagree with you, to which you clearly disagree with me. I'm not accusing of you malcontent. :confusedshrug: Is that how it is around here now?

GOBB
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
you're a sixers fan?

Obviously.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Lots of us. And if you go through Clutchfans, you'll see the members constantly coming to the defense of Morey; "Oh, he didn't want to be here, blah blah blah (which was a similar argument you made)". Unfortunately, if you don't build a team right, and treat your players as people, they won't want to stay with an organization. I liked Morey at first. It's cool to keep some assets and play the game. But when you can't flip them for anything and you see a mass exodus of players leaving (whether it's due to the GM, or Coach or whatever), it speaks signs about his style just not working. It's not like Morey has just cleared the books with these trades either. He's picked up backloaded contracts with mediocre players like Asik and Jeremy Lin. They're on contract for the next 2-3 years. It's ridiculous.

I do agree he was dealt a bad hand with T-Mac, Yao, etc. not playing, but he still hasn't had the balls to move up, or make a decision in which to take the team (whether through tanking/making a risk on a player).

Lowry would be willing to play through his contract I'm willing to bet. And with such a great contract and his starting position back, I'm sure things would have blown over with McHale.

Who is "lots of us" on ISH? I'm not asking about fans from a forum that I'm not posting in.

And Morey hasn't picked up Asik and Lin. They are very much not in the fold....yet. And may not be.

And, sure, Lowry would play out the contract, but do you really want to have a guy around that doesn't want to be around? You're playing with fire there and players like that are known to create poisonous atmospheres.

wang4three
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
What the **** are you talking about? He had to prove himself? So what? Players should always have to prove themselves. Why get hurt over it? He didn't start when he came back from injury because.....he just missed a ton of games from injury. He immediately started whining about it. Goran was playing great ball and they were competing for a playoff spot. Shit happens.

Sure when he comes back, but going into next season he has to prove it again? The team won't acknowledge the fact that they were better with him as a starter and didn't go on a terrible losing streak to end the season with Goran at the helm? The guy has never spoken out in his career and the one time he does, he's labeled as a whiner and baby? Seriously? That's all the credit he's allowed to have? Couldn't be that he had a valid concern over something he earned? But whatever man, sure he should've just kept his mouth quiet as a another team continues to not see his value.

If I point out an error, it's to help someone out. And even then, I rarely do that for this very reason. People take it the wrong way.

You're more than welcome to your opinion in the same way that I am welcome to mine, and also in the same way that I am welcome to disagree with your opinion. You act as if I personally attacked you or something. Going back and ready our initial exchange reaffirms my first thought that I did no such thing. You chimed in with your thoughts and I did the same. I didn't come at you in a disrespectful well at all, and then you accused me of being offended. I never "lambasted" you. I just disagree with you, to which you clearly disagree with me. I'm not accusing of you malcontent. :confusedshrug: Is that how it is around here now?

Whatever you think bro. Clearly I don't need to read many threads to see how conversations operate with you. If you think people are just "taking it the wrong way" and it happens on multiple occasions, you have problems with your delivery.

But like I said, I couldn't care less and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Kyle Lowry deserves better. You disagree, oh well. By definitions and standards, he's proven himself and deserves more.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Lowry's tweet suggest he is very happy about the trade.

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM

link? or quote?

brandonman
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
wtf is houston doing? how can you lose BOTH your PG's, especially when lowry was on such a nice contract? their offseason has been underwhelming to say the least

NOT competing to be a contender

spiegel
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
link? or quote?
Go to his tweeter account.

soadrules
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Who is "lots of us" on ISH? I'm not asking about fans from a forum that I'm not posting in.

And Morey hasn't picked up Asik and Lin. They are very much not in the fold....yet. And may not be.

And, sure, Lowry would play out the contract, but do you really want to have a guy around that doesn't want to be around? You're playing with fire there and players like that are known to create poisonous atmospheres.

Lots of Rockets fans on the forum...I can't name off anybody off the top of my head outside of Brantolini.

Regardless, if Morey doesn't pick up Asik or Lin, it's going to be even more of a disaster. We have no starting Center, and now we wouldn't have a servicable point guard.

And I would keep Lowry. Is he going to ruin his chances of getting any sort of new contract by sitting out for 2-3 years? It's not like he's a max player where we're paying him absurd amount per year. He has a great contract. He isn't going to poison any locker room. He's not vocal enough or commands respect to where people are going to listen to him.

Velocirap31
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Probably. Colangelo would have made sure Lowry wanted to come to Toronto before trading for him. The Raptors have been burned in the past by not doing this (fck you Alonzo Mourning).

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Go to his tweeter account.

I did all i saw was him thanking houston and saying rednation.

noob cake
07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Probably. Colangelo would have made sure Lowry wanted to come to Toronto before trading for him. The Raptors have been burned in the past by not doing this (fck you Alonzo Mourning).

And Lowry hates McHale

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Sure when he comes back, but going into next season he has to prove it again? The team won't acknowledge the fact that they were better with him as a starter and didn't go on a terrible losing streak to end the season with Goran at the helm? The guy has never spoken out in his career and the one time he does, he's labeled as a whiner and baby? Seriously? That's all the credit he's allowed to have? Couldn't be that he had a valid concern over something he earned? But whatever man, sure he should've just kept his mouth quiet as a another team continues to not see his value.

Yes, when you come out and just cut straight to demanding a trade, I'm going to consider you a whiner. Really, demanding a trade in general is whiny. Period. But that's just in my book. Plenty of guys just man up and be professional and let their play settle matters.

We don't know what went on behind closed doors. He could have been done really dirty for all I know, but he also could have been acting out or doing things that caused McHale to sour on him. All we do know is that he demanded a trade and he didn't like McHale. Having worked in management for a number of years, I know it's fairly easy to get subordinates to not like you when you make a tough or unpopular decision.

Whatever you think bro. Clearly I don't need to read many threads to see how conversations operate with you. If you think people are just "taking it the wrong way" and it happens on multiple occasions, you have problems with your delivery.

You must remember every single time I've attempted to correct someone on grammar because I've only done it a handful of times the entire time I've been posting on ISH, old board or new. People freak out when grammar or punctuation or whatever comes up. I only say something if it gets to the point to where it's hard to read. It's not like I'm pointing out missing comas or missing capitalization. Lord knows I'm not an English teacher. I just expect people to communicate their thoughts over text in a semi-adult fashion.

But like I said, I couldn't care less and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Kyle Lowry deserves better. You disagree, oh well. By definitions and standards, he's proven himself and deserves more.

Yeah, oh well. He got what he wanted. He'll start in Toronto, or maybe the conspiracy will continue and they'll threaten him with having to compete with Jose Calderon or Jeryd Bayless. Who knows. I'm indifferent to him now, so I don't really care. I just think he got what he deserved, and what he wanted.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I did all i saw was him thanking houston and saying rednation.
Lowry also said Torono is a good spot for him. I dont know what else you want him to say?

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Lots of Rockets fans on the forum...I can't name off anybody off the top of my head outside of Brantolini.

Okay, well, :confusedshrug:

Regardless, if Morey doesn't pick up Asik or Lin, it's going to be even more of a disaster. We have no starting Center, and now we wouldn't have a servicable point guard.

We won't have a starting center....for the time being. You really think we'll roll into next season with no one in the middle? Or Greg Smith? We don't have a center now, but that could change in the next hour. Look at the Jason Kidd situation. It's waaaay too early for this, man.

And I would keep Lowry. Is he going to ruin his chances of getting any sort of new contract by sitting out for 2-3 years? It's not like he's a max player where we're paying him absurd amount per year. He has a great contract. He isn't going to poison any locker room. He's not vocal enough or commands respect to where people are going to listen to him.

First off, why are you talking about sitting out? Why is that being brought into the discussion.

Second, neither one of us have any idea what the Houston locker room is like. What is generally the case is that unhappy players foster an unhappy environment.

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Lowry also said Torono is a good spot for him. I dont know what else you want him to say?

Nothing Just didn't see anything about toronto. Hopefully him, Derozan and Big V work well together.

soadrules
07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Okay, well, :confusedshrug:

We won't have a starting center....for the time being. You really think we'll roll into next season with no one in the middle? Or Greg Smith? We don't have a center now, but that could change in the next hour. Look at the Jason Kidd situation. It's waaaay too early for this, man.

First off, why are you talking about sitting out? Why is that being brought into the discussion.

Second, neither one of us have any idea what the Houston locker room is like. What is generally the case is that unhappy players foster an unhappy environment.

I agree that I doubt we'll roll into the season with a starting center. But I thought we had a relatively good backbone to build with this summer. Even without the dwight trade, I thought signing Dragic to some sort of legitimate contract would be in plan. Granted, like you said, this one wasn't Morey's fault. He gave him a decent contract that wasn't overpriced and I'm glad we didn't overpay him. He left on his own terms as a FA.

I mention Lowry sitting on the bench because if he was going to be a team cancer and play bad, that's exactly what he'd do; rot on the bench. I figure in the long run it wouldn't really hurt the Rockets but would kill Lowry's stock. So he was going to play decently for a few years even if we didn't trade him. Players don't have *as much* leverage as they did with the previous CBA from what I remember.

I definitely agree with you in regards to the other Morey thread; he hasn't been terrible. I actually think he's been pretty damn good given the conditions with which he's been handed. I do think this off-season has been particularly bad though. Unless he has something up his sleeve. My problem with clearing cap space as was suggested by Bagelred is that Houston isn't the first calling of superstars. Unless you're willing to sit down two superstars such as Paul and Howard and convince them to play with you, you're SOL. With Howard still having his bird rights or something, I doubt he leaves to play with Houston considering he wasn't even willing to sign a contract extention.

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I definitely agree with you in regards to the other Morey thread; he hasn't been terrible. I actually think he's been pretty damn good given the conditions with which he's been handed. I do think this off-season has been particularly bad though. Unless he has something up his sleeve. My problem with clearing cap space as was suggested by Bagelred is that Houston isn't the first calling of superstars. Unless you're willing to sit down two superstars such as Paul and Howard and convince them to play with you, you're SOL. With Howard still having his bird rights or something, I doubt he leaves to play with Houston considering he wasn't even willing to sign a contract extention.

Yeah, we can't really play the free agent game. That only seems to work for the major market teams. He's got to turn these assets into All-Star players through trade and then get some decent FAs to come here once that happens. No big fish are going to come to Houston as free agents.

soadrules
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah, we can't really play the free agent game. That only seems to work for the major market teams. He's got to turn these assets into All-Star players through trade and then get some decent FAs to come here once that happens. No big fish are going to come to Houston as free agents.

Cheers. Good conversation regarding the Rockets with a Rockets fan who seems not to be wish-washy. Clutchfans is trash outside of a few posters and I only visit CF once a year.

KKittles30
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Isn't Sonny Weems going back to Toronto too? .....Maybe Shaun Livingston is ready to become the man in Houston?

All Net
07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Great pick-up but what are the Rockets playing at?

fatboy11
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Isn't Sonny Weems going back to Toronto too?

I'm not sure. I just read something that said they might withdraw their qualifying offer.

And nice username and avatar.

millwad
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Daryl Morey - worst GM in the NBA

Lowry had an amazing contract and the Rockets just lost Goran, why the hell are they trading away Lowry, it doesn't make sense...

Sure, it makes sense if you're tanking but does it really? I mean Lowry had a really cheap contract..

What now, a bunch of rookies left and Martin, Scola and Lee. I haven't had time the last days to check everything up but as far as I know Lee is a unrestricted free agent and Martin doesn't want to be in Houston no more after the things that happened last season and the Rockets are also trying to trade away Scola.

What's left?

KKittles30
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure. I just read something that said they might withdraw their qualifying offer.

And nice username and avatar.

Thanks...I was so sad when Minnesota didn't draft him...I wanted Kittles for biased personal reasons..but, when we drafted Allen I excited having seen every UCONN Vs. Nova game for both of their careers. But, then to then trade Allen for Marbury I was like WHY?:facepalm ....

Qwyjibo
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Isn't Sonny Weems going back to Toronto too?
Why? So he could be the 3rd string SG and SF behind all those other mediocre wings?

UtahJazzFan88
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Daryl Morey - worst GM in the NBA

Lowry had an amazing contract and the Rockets just lost Goran, why the hell are they trading away Lowry, it doesn't make sense...

Sure, it makes sense if you're tanking but does it really? I mean Lowry had a really cheap contract..

What now, a bunch of rookies left and Martin, Scola and Lee. I haven't had time the last days to check everything up but as far as I know Lee is a unrestricted free agent and Martin doesn't want to be in Houston no more after the things that happened last season and the Rockets are also trying to trade away Scola.

What's left?

Worst GM in the NBA is fine to say but maybe for once they can suck and not be mediocre like they've been and would have been if they kept Dragic and or Lowry.

millwad
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Worst GM in the NBA is fine to say but maybe for once they can suck and not be mediocre like they've been and would have been if they kept Dragic and or Lowry.

I know what you mean but Lowry was on a great contract, a really cheap one, if you're rebuilding you want to get rid of the fat contracts no matter what. Lowry had no fat contract..

MiseryCityTexas
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_dUuxARmg at least for now.

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
raptors will get 8th seed

oamjad13
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Good move by the Raptors. Get a young PG who can defend and be effective on offence. Hopefully, we can get the 8th seed now.

brantonli
07-06-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_dUuxARmg at least for now.

holy crap don't scare me like that. Fortson is likely to be cut because of salary issues (I think that's why they renounced the rights to Courtney Lee too, because of the need to sign Asik).

I know Morey is definitely not done dealing yet, but what's really scaring me is what's his plan for the PG spot? Ok so Lin signed the deal with the Rockets, but Morey isn't going to be risking it all betting the Knicks won't resign. Dolan is the guy who managed to finance the highest team salary in the entire NBA (when they had Francis ZBo and Marbury Curry or whatever on the same team) that reached a salary total of over 100 million, Morey should know better that Dolan, if pushed, will be willing to spend his way into anything, even if it's into mediocrity.

I'm sure there's a backup plan, Lull is still a viable option to bring over to the Rockets, and perhaps the Rockets, in trying to get Dwight, will put together a three way deal that will land them a PG using one of the forwards.

Morey's not done yet.....unless the other GM's are completely fed up with his constant trade proposals lol.

Bertz
07-06-2012, 03:55 AM

Heat, Bulls, Celtics, 76'ers, Pacers, Nets, Knicks can all be written down for playoff spots.

Battle for 8th is going to be fun. Raptors, Magic (with Dwight), Bucks all have a shot. And even Wizards can compete maybe.

brandonislegend
07-06-2012, 04:17 AM
I heard Derek Fisher is still around for the Rockets...

Pablooo5
07-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Finally good deal for the Raptors.Lowry is really good,underrated player.
PG - Lowry/Calderon
SG - Derozan
SF - Kleiza
PF - Davis
C - Bargnani
So,good rotation only at PG,and one good center...
http://www.iv.pl/images/28869353374883539464_thumb.jpg (http://www.iv.pl/viewer.php?file=28869353374883539464.jpg)

Bertz
07-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Finally good deal for the Raptors.Lowry is really good,underrated player.
PG - Lowry/Calderon
SG - Derozan
SF - Kleiza
PF - Davis
C - Bargnani
So,good rotation only at PG,and one good center...

Seems to me you're forgetting Fields, Valanciunas, James Johnson, Jerryd Bayless and rookie Terence Ross. Also, I would expect Calderon to be gone at start of season, unless there's a trade for Bayless somewhere.

Decent rotation all around, just no real star players or a leader.

Skywalker
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Caldy will be gone for sure.

Pablooo5
07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Seems to me you're forgetting Fields, Valanciunas, James Johnson, Jerryd Bayless and rookie Terence Ross. Also, I would expect Calderon to be gone at start of season, unless there's a trade for Bayless somewhere.

Decent rotation all around, just no real star players or a leader.

1.Dude,I've posted only first 5 and sixth man.
2.Knicks haven't said that they won't match Raptors offer.I count,that Landry will stay in NYK.He's important part of the dynasty.

Kujo
07-06-2012, 03:19 PM

I'd rather have a high draft pick. Yeah, I know next years draft class is considered to be the weakest like since 2000, but still.

Velocirap31
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Caldy will be gone for sure.

No. They can keep him and they're considering it.

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
No. They can keep him and they're considering it.
Calderon would be a solid backup. He flourished when he was TJ Ford's backup.

I think the Raptors can make the playoffs this season especially if this Jonas kid is as good as they say he is.

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
The Rockets are gambling on Jeremy Lin now, if the Knicks match they will be left without a PG next season.
:wtf:

Pablooo5
07-06-2012, 04:45 PM
The Rockets are gambling on Jeremy Lin now, if the Knicks match they will be left without a PG next season.
:wtf:

:coleman: --------JOHNNY FLYNN
WHY EVERYONE ALWAYS FORGETS ABOUT ME?

kingchessking
07-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Wasn't Flynn traded to the Blazers last season for Camby?

b0bab0i
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Wheres Aaron brooks in all this?

MiseryCityTexas
07-09-2012, 04:55 AM
It would be funny as hell if Brooks says **** houston, and signs with another team........

QuebecBaller
07-09-2012, 05:16 AM
I thought Houston aquired Shaun Livingston in the trade with Milwaukee

Sakkreth
07-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Raptors gonna get 8 seed, that's like champiosnhip!

cassiusq
07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Turning Rafer Alston into a still rebuilding Toronto lottery pick...not bad at all.

hawksdogsbraves
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM

Starting lineup:

No way that's a playoff team unless Valanciunas turns out to be a beast, (I think he will be eventually, but probably not his first year in the league).

CelticBaller
07-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Flynn plays for the blazers

Guess the rockets wished they kept him :lol

Kujo
07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't like that the Raptors are apparently still going to keep Calderon for his final year of his contract. I get why they're likely going to keep him (they'll get like 10 mil of cap space next year).

Lowry with obviously start, but probably split PT 50/50 with Calderon.