View Full Version : Does Kobe Have Playoff Moment As Good As Lebron's

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Game 6 in Boston this year?

RIP CITY
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
No he doesn't....

He has like 8 of them.

Come on people, I get the Kobe hate, I get the whole LeBron fans Vs. Kobe fans thing, but does anyone here really believe that Kobe hasn't done everything LeBron has done and more? LeBron still has a long time left but he's just not on Kobe's level yet, hes just not. I'm not a fan of either player or their teams, I hate them both really but LeBron has a long way to go to catch up to Kobe and I'm not just talking about rings.

Just because LeBron finally lived up to his ridiculously enormous hype doesn't mean he's on Kobe's level, Kobe has had great Playoff performances for years upon years, it's just facts.

Doctor Rivers
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
kobe stinks

chuckbe

Poetry
07-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Come on people, I get the Kobe hate, I get the whole LeBron fans Vs. Kobe fans thing, but does anyone here really believe that Kobe hasn't done everything LeBron has done and more?

Lebron is amazing, but he's still chasing Kobe, and Kobe is still chasing Jordan.

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 06:42 PM
No he doesn't....

He has like 8 of them.
Come on people, I get the Kobe hate, I get the whole LeBron fans Vs. Kobe fans thing, but does anyone here really believe that Kobe hasn't done everything LeBron has done and more? LeBron still has a long time left but he's just not on Kobe's level yet, hes just not. I'm not a fan of either player or their teams, I hate them both really but LeBron has a long way to go to catch up to Kobe and I'm not just talking about rings.

Just because LeBron finally lived up to his ridiculously enormous hype doesn't mean he's on Kobe's level, Kobe has had great Playoff performances for years upon years, it's just facts.

Name them.

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Lebron is amazing, but he's still chasing Kobe, and Kobe is still chasing Jordan.
Jordan is still chasing Kareem and Bill.

Richesly
07-05-2012, 06:45 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe.

LeBron does everything better.

LeBron is more efficient, better playmaker, smarter, more athletic than Kobe ever was, etc.

Kobe has one thing that LeBron doesn't. It's chucking.

Simple Jack

Why is Jordan chasing Kareem?

White Mamba

Kobe never faced the old boston, when lebron faced posey he shoot 2 for 18:oldlol:

and yes kobe had great playoffs preformence, when he was younger with shaq and in the repeat.

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Name them.
48 pts 16 reb vs Kings in closeout game.

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
In terms of the all-time/historic ranking?

I agree but LeBron as an individual player was better than Kobe ever was.

I'm not sure if anyone could disagree with that at this point unless you are a Kobe fan.

TheMarkMadsen
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Name them.

the entire 2010 WCF 34 7 8 on 52 % shooting.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2010_WCF.html

on his way to b2b titles & b2b FMVP's.

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Kareem=goat

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Kobe's takeover Game 6 vs Indiana was very memorable. As was game 4 vs. Phoenix in '06. Those two buzzer beaters in regulation/OT were bananas...

Had the Lakers won game 6 vs Phoenix (bean dropped 50 on them) that would have definitely been his most memorable game.

The only real memorable game Lebron had prior to this playoffs was his '07 dismantling of the Pistons. Great performance right there. I'd say his game 6 vs. Boston this past postseason has gotta be his best to date.

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM

So you feel that will down in history as a better playoff moment than Lebron's game 6 in Boston? I can't see people telling their kids about Kobe destroying a team that plays no defense. 2010 had none of the drama Lebron's game 6 did. Good job, good effort though. :applause:

Simple Jack
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Kareem=goat

How is he more accomplished as an NBA player than Michael Jordan?

In terms of all levels of basketball I'd hear the argument and may agree, but in terms of just the NBA I'm not sure how one can state Jordan is chasing Kareem.

Poetry
07-05-2012, 06:54 PM

MJ, Kareem and Russell are certainly in a whole different GOAT discussion. Depending on who you talk to, they get shuffled about in order.

On most days MJ is probably in the lead, but i think it's fair enough to make arguments for Russell and Kareem. On certain days, one or the other moves into the lead and becomes the GOAT.

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 06:54 PM
So you feel that will down in history as a better playoff moment than Lebron's game 6 in Boston? I can't see people telling their kids about Kobe destroying a team that plays no defense. 2010 had none of the drama Lebron's game 6 did. Good job, good effort though. :applause:
Average age of celts, 76.

Runteldat.

NumberSix
07-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Obviously not.

Simple Jack
07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Kobe's takeover Game 6 vs Indiana was very memorable. As was game 4 vs. Phoenix in '06. Those two buzzer beaters in regulation/OT were bananas...

Had the Lakers won game 6 vs Phoenix (bean dropped 50 on them) that would have definitely been his most memorable game.

The only real memorable game Lebron had prior to this playoffs was his '07 dismantling of the Pistons. Great performance right there. I'd say his game 6 vs. Boston this past postseason has gotta be his best to date.

Game 5 vs Orlando (as well as a few others from that series)

You can close your eyes and pick most games from his 09 run.

47/12/8/1/1 vs Atlanta
49/6/8/2/3 two games later vs Orlando
41/7/9/2/1 two games after ^ vs Orlando
and then 37/14/12/1/1 where iirc, he scored or assisted on nearly every point in the 4th quarter to push Orlando to a game 6.

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Average age of celts, 76.

Runteldat.

Kobe was guarded by a 36-37 old player. We can do this all day.

andgar923
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM

I can think of that pass to Shaq vs the Kings.
The game winner vs the Suns.
The sick as hell behind the back semi 360 dunk vs the Suns.
The dunk on Nash

Not to say he didn't have great games, but the question was most 'memorable' and in that sense he doesn't match up to Bron.

Bron's have been historic, while Kobe's generally speaking haven't been as imprinted into us.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Game 5 vs Orlando (as well as a few others from that series).

You can close your eyes and pick most games from his 09 run.

I dont think any of those games were as memorable as Kobe's. Memorable series' though? Lebron has Kobe beat there.

RRR3
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I dont think any of those games were as memorable as Kobe's. Memorable series though? Lebron has Kobe beat there.
Game winners vs wizards? buzzer beater vs magic?

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
How is he more accomplished as an NBA player than Michael Jordan?

In terms of all levels of basketball I'd hear the argument and may agree, but in terms of just the NBA I'm not sure how one can state Jordan is chasing Kareem.
Do you know what "all time " means?

Kareem dominated at every level. Jordan didnt.

TheMarkMadsen
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Yeah i'll be sure to tell my grandchildren about how a prime Lebron needed Wade & Bosh to beat a hobbled, injured and old celtics.

I'll be sure to add how the HEAT were heavily favored and the celtics took them to 7 games.

Are you just going to ignore his 48 & 16 in a close out game.

oh wait, thats right you're a troll so you'll ignore any post that doesn't help build your agenda

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Game winners vs wizards? buzzer beater vs magic?

No doubt Lebron has been the better (and more consistent) postseason performer, but Kobe's highlights, IMHO, have been more memorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZnF87Iy84

Much of that has to do with his crazy longevity though. Guy has been in the league since 96.

RIP CITY
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Name them.

Quick google search, here's a few... http://www.lakersnation.com/top-10-kobe-playoff-performances/2010/04/21/3/

That whole Series against San Antonio in 2001 was better than anything LeBron has ever done to be honest, Spurs were far better than any team LeBron has ever beat. Matchups with the Spurs, Kings and Blazers over those years were tougher challenges than LeBron has ever faced minus a few Series' with the Pistons/Celtics, which he lost and usually had games where he faded away. The times he beat the Pistons and Celtics weren't even close to the best teams the Pistons and Celtics had to offer over those years, Kobe dealt with the Spurs/Kings/Blazers in their best years and shat all over them. Then he also had great games in the recent two Championships that are on par with things LeBron has done.

I don't like either player but facts are facts.

Simple Jack
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I dont think any of those games were as memorable as Kobe's. Memorable series' though? Lebron has Kobe beat there.

I wasn't comparing them to Kobe's...just in light of what you said that he didn't really have any in his career beside the Pistons and the few during this years run.

tmacattack33
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Not many players have had playoff games like Lebron Game 6 against Boston this year.

Simple Jack
07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Do you know what "all time " means?

Kareem dominated at every level. Jordan didnt.

Since when does All-Time imply we are talking about other levels of basketball? All-Time, without context, means all the players that have played in the NBA, relative to the NBA.

Like I said, if it's not just the NBA we're talking about, then Kareem probably gets my vote as well. In terms of the NBA however, Jordan >.

Simple Jack
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah i'll be sure to tell my grandchildren about how a prime Lebron needed Wade & Bosh to beat a hobbled, injured and old celtics.

I'll be sure to add how the HEAT were heavily favored and the celtics took them to 7 games.

Are you just going to ignore his 48 & 16 in a close out game.

oh wait, thats right you're a troll so you'll ignore any post that doesn't help build your agenda

You can't come and post shit like this then call someone else a troll. Life doesn't work that way.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I wasn't comparing them to Kobe's...just in light of what you said that he didn't really have any in his career beside the Pistons and the few during this years run.

Oh, that's just my opinion dude. I'm sure his fans (aren't you an LBJ supporter?) have a different perception.

Poetry
07-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Don't forget to show him that Bosh champagne celebration :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 07:10 PM
You can't come and post shit like this then call someone else a troll. Life doesn't work that way.

He is a Cleveland fan upset about what happened in 2010.

andgar923
07-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Quick google search, here's a few... http://www.lakersnation.com/top-10-kobe-playoff-performances/2010/04/21/3/

That whole Series against San Antonio in 2001 was better than anything LeBron has ever done to be honest, Spurs were far better than any team LeBron has ever beat. Matchups with the Spurs, Kings and Blazers over those years were tougher challenges than LeBron has ever faced minus a few Series' with the Pistons/Celtics, which he lost and usually had games where he faded away. The times he beat the Pistons and Celtics weren't even close to the best teams the Pistons and Celtics had to offer over those years, Kobe dealt with the Spurs/Kings/Blazers in their best years and shat all over them. Then he also had great games in the recent two Championships that are on par with things LeBron has done.

I don't like either player but facts are facts.

But honestly, outside of Kobe fans and some hardcore Laker fans most of them aren't really 'memorable'.

A collection of great games without a doubt, but all great players have had them, yet only some have been memorable.

RIP CITY
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
But honestly, outside of Kobe fans and some hardcore Laker fans most of them aren't really 'memorable'.

A collection of great games without a doubt, but all great players have had them, yet only some have been memorable.

They are very memorable to me considering I wanted nothing more than to see those Lakers teams lose and Kobe always dashed my hopes.

Jax
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Lebron against Detroit, game 5, everybody remembers that...

Jax
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe.

LeBron is more efficient, better playmaker, smarter, more athletic than Kobe ever was, etc.

Better passer too, but that's not the point, wonder why nobody contested this...:kobe:

TheMarkMadsen
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
He is a Cleveland fan upset about what happened in 2010.

:roll: How'd you know dude i'm a HUGE Cleavland fan..

:biggums:

You ask for people to give you "memorable Kobe playoff performances" and when they give them to you, you make up excuses on why those certain moments don't count.

Maybe these weren't memorable to you because you're not a fan of Kobe, and instead of watching his playoff games you were on ISH complaining.

LelBron
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/rkdlzk.gif

lefthook00
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Those two buzzer beaters in the same game against Phoenix is more memorable than anything LeBron has done so far.

RazorBaLade
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Better passer too, but that's not the point, wonder why nobody contested this...:kobe:

why would anyone contest blatant trolling

L8k3r5
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
kobe stinks

chuckbe
STFU. Your opinion is trash because you clearly have a bias against him. GTFO

L8k3r5
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe.

:no:

ripthekik
07-05-2012, 08:00 PM
When has Lebron done anything without having 2 prime stars in his team? :rolleyes: He has had some nice games, but that eventually leads to him fading out of the playoffs if he didn't have wade and bosh :oldlol:

swag2011
07-05-2012, 08:16 PM
obvious agenda is obvious lol. ALL you bitches are saying Lebron's game 6 against the Celtics "IS SO MEMORABLE OMGZ" because it just happened last month! Of course it's memorable dumbasses lol! What the hell? You Lebron stans are reaching. if he's so much better than Kobe in everything, then why the hell do you guys always make threads to put down Kobe in order to prop him up? Shouldn't Lebron's own accomplishments and achievements stand on their own 2 feet? He just won his FIRST ring and finally living up to the ridiculous hype and KOBE is still on your minds? Can't say i blame you though.

Anyway, YES Kobe has had memorable games.
Game 6 against Suns in 2010, started hitting ridiculous shots. Was doubled and tripled and STILL got his shots off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsEg7NG3WIo

His 48 point, 16 rebound game against the Kings in 01. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpArN4LbTI0 Don't you Bron stans get wet about Lebrons 40+ 15 rebound game he had this year? Well Kobe had one too.

His 45/10/3 against the Spurs WCF in 01. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdhA41wgms&feature=relmfu

His 28 points against the Spurs in 02 where he outscored the Spurs HIMSELF in the 4th quarter, 12 to 10 INCLUDING the Game winner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPWvJ2wr44&feature=related

I can go on all ****ing day. Point is you Lebron stans have selective memories and it's sad that you still feel threatened by a 33 year old dude, who's dealt with numerous injuries and is WAY out of his prime. Hoes Stay Mad.

WockaVodka
07-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Game 6 vs. the Suns in the 2010 WCF comes to mind.

truhooper
07-05-2012, 08:28 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe.

:cheers:

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Since when does All-Time imply we are talking about other levels of basketball? All-Time, without context, means all the players that have played in the NBA, relative to the NBA.

Like I said, if it's not just the NBA we're talking about, then Kareem probably gets my vote as well. In terms of the NBA however, Jordan >.
Under which guideline is this written?

None. We all have a different interpretation. The title is read as "greatest of ALL TIME". It doesnt signify or differentiate levels.

pauk
07-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Nope... not a single one... like that Game 6 or Game 5 vs Detroit or even close to a series he had against Magic in ECF and so on....

pauk
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
When has Lebron done anything without having 2 prime stars in his team? :rolleyes: He has had some nice games, but that eventually leads to him fading out of the playoffs if he didn't have wade and bosh :oldlol:

He took a team to the Finals which was the worst team in NBA history to be in a Finals... thats what he did without "2 prime stars".... what did Kobe do? Waiting................

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Kobe was guarded by a 36-37 old player. We can do this all day.
We sure can.

Having a winning finals record>>>>>>a losing finals record.

ripthekik
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
He took a team to the Finals which was the worst team in NBA history to be in a Finals... thats what he did without "2 prime stars".... what did Kobe do? Waiting................
We're all waiting too, buddy. :cheers:

So in one week, Pauk has stated:

- The 2012 Pacers were better than the 1984 Bernard King-led NY Knicks.

- The 2012 Celtics were better than the #2 seed, Don Nelson
coached, only team to sweep Bird in the playoffs, 1984 Milkwaukee Bucks.

- The 2012 Thunder were better than the Showtime, Magic and Kareem-led, 1984 Lakers.

- The current roster of:

Bynum/Jordan Hill
Gasol/McRoberts
Artest/Devin Ebanks
Kobe/Goudelock
Nash/Steve Blake

is the "most stacked team" of all time. :roll:

Please Pauk, please continue to bless us with your basketball wisdom :roll:

You are officially the dumbest person I've ever met. And I've never even met you :oldlol:

All just to prop Lebron up upon the All Time list, and elevate his status in the court of public opinion. And to simultaneously undermine Kobe's past and future status as an Top 10 Player of All Time, because you can't stand that the majority of America, and likely the WORLD, views Kobe as the current bar for greatness, with 5 rings and 7 Finals appearances.

If I could slap you, I probably wouldn't. I hear ignorance is a disease, and I'd hate to get contaminated by your consistent idiocy. I'll just sit here and laugh instead :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
We sure can.

Having a winning finals record>>>>>>a losing finals record.

How many of those Finals was Kobe the best player? And wasn't he carried in a game 7 by his teammates? Impressive. Don't be mad that Lebron's playoff run is better than anything Kobe ever accomoplished in the Finals.

KyrieTheFuture
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM
In terms of output? Yes many. In terms of magnitude? I don't think so because LeBron's career was pretty much on the line in that game.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2012, 08:54 PM
No he doesn't. He has never dropped 40+points 10+ boards 5+ Assists on 70%+ shooting in an elimination game.

Heavincent
07-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Nope... not a single one... like that Game 6 or Game 5 vs Detroit or even close to a series he had against Magic in ECF and so on....

2009 WCF: 34/6/6 on 48% shooting
2010 WCF: 34/8/7 on 52% shooting

Just to name a few.

RazorBaLade
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
pauk is so predictable, why even post at this point? everyone knows what you will say about every issue

get some compromise in you, kid

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM

True. Lebrons game 5 in 07 alone is more famous than Kobe playoff moment.

RazorBaLade
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
True. Lebrons game 5 in 07 alone is more famous than Kobe playoff moment.

kobe hit 2 buzzerbeaters in 1 game lol cmon

In terms of output? Yes many. In terms of magnitude? I don't think so because LeBron's career was pretty much on the line in that game.

agreed

lilgodfather1
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Kobe's best games are like average LeBron games, and bad LeBron games are average Kobe games.

KyrieTheFuture
07-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Look I absolutely despise Kobe and hate the Lakers while being an enormous LBJ fan but come on people. Hating a player doesn't change how good they are. Kobe is better than Lebron all time (top 10) LBJ is 12-15 and that will change but right NOW Kobe wins. Kobe is an excellent player and while I don't agree with how he plays, I enjoy his greatness and it's a shame some of you can't. Ditto for LeBron.

Is He Ill
07-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Kobe's best games are like average LeBron games, and bad LeBron games are average Kobe games.

:facepalm And some people wonder why so many of us resent Heat fans.

The Iron Fist
07-05-2012, 09:25 PM
How many of those Finals was Kobe the best player? And wasn't he carried in a game 7 by his teammates? Impressive. Don't be mad that Lebron's playoff run is better than anything Kobe ever accomoplished in the Finals.
Five rings>>>>>lol, one

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 09:26 PM
:facepalm And some people wonder why so many of us resent Heat fans.

Resentment.....more like laughing at retards trying to troll..

RRR3
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
2009 WCF: 34/6/6 on 48% shooting
2010 WCF: 34/8/7 on 52% shooting

Just to name a few.
Those look like average LeBron games:lol

dude77
07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
the question should be .. does kobe have a game like game 6 where his team was facing elimination on the road and he absolutely had to put the team on his back and will them to stay alive and did it

comerb
07-05-2012, 09:57 PM

That's close to Lebron averages, not his game 6.

I'm not saying that Kobe hasn't had one, I'm not sure. He's played in so many playoff games I'm sure he's had one that similar. But that isn't it.

Heavincent
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Those look like average LeBron games:lol

Those were his series averages.

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Resentment.....more like laughing at retards trying to troll..

This:lol

It's funny as hell the asinine hot garbage they post, trying to convince REASONABLE people it's supposedly factual. Then, the minute you ask them for proof, they either throw a hilarious temper tantrum, as misdirection, trying to play it off. Or flat out haul a**, proving they made it all up in the first place:roll:

hangintheair
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM
LeBron >>> Kobe.

But there is one thing Lebron does that Kobe doesn't. It's Choking!!

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/McDanielsChokesMatthews.jpg

che guevara
07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Those two buzzer beaters in the same game against Phoenix is more memorable than anything LeBron has done so far.
:rolleyes: Cmon dude, if Lebron did that in a series he lost, nobody would mention it. For evidence of that, look at how few mentions there are of Lebron's buzzer beater vs. the Magic, a shot that had a million times more pressure than Kobe's vs. the Suns.

DaSeba5
07-06-2012, 12:58 AM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

hangintheair
07-06-2012, 01:15 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm Really? Will Lebron even reach the 3rdQ 61 point game? 81 point game? Four straight 50 point game?...

:biggums: :biggums:

no pun intended
12-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Of course Silk would make another thread.