PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon still wants out of New Orleans

Reverend Hoops
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8133459/eric-gordon-says-phoenix-suns-more-committed-future-new-orleans-hornets

Droid101
07-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Ha ha ha.

Chris Paul for Austin Rivers and cap space.

Enjoy it, for basketball reasons.

NOHCP3
07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Man I hope this doesn't become a Odom Miami/LA type situation. We have to keep him.

Levity
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
if they s/t him to the suns, who would they ask for back? gortat?

Anti Hero
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Come on S&T w/ Phx.

Still, NOLA can just say to bad to what he wants.

Droid101
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
if they s/t him to the suns, who would they ask for back? gortat?
A couple of those tasty Laker draft picks. :roll:

IGotACoolStory
07-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Kendall Marshall? They have Dragic now and Dragic is still young.

Honestly, I thought NOH should have drafted Marshall to begin with, even though 10 would have been a bit high. Someone like Davis with the best passing PG prospect to come out in how long? It's a perfect fit.

bagelred
07-05-2012, 07:11 PM
If he really wants out of New Orleans, accept the Qualifying Offer and become an Unrestricted Free Agent next year.

We know he won't do that. He'll just whine until he gets what he wants.

33teeth
07-05-2012, 07:13 PM
He's afraid of Rivers taking over his spot in a year or two?

Seriously though, I HATE when players act like this. NO should keep him if they want him or do a S&T if there's a solid offer out there. If they keep him and he pouts and doesn't play well then his value will drop, hurting him as much as anyone.

If players want the right to choose their teams then they should sign 1 year contracts. You want a long term contract, deal with the downsides of it too.

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
New Orleans is going to have to play this smart, if they bring back and he just ends up disgruntled, it will destroy their locker-room chemistry. The smart move might be just to let him walk for draft picks in a S&T and then bring in a guy like Mayo as a replacement.

BlackVVaves
NOH's future was looking good with Gordon and Davis.

If Gordon leaves......yea not so much.

raprap
If he really wants out of New Orleans, accept the Qualifying Offer and become an Unrestricted Free Agent next year.

We know he won't do that. He'll just whine until he gets what he wants.
This. :facepalm at Gordon, I say s&t him for Kendall Marshall, draft picks and fillers.

Pg - Marshall
Sg - Rivers
Sf - Aminu
Pf - Davis
C - Kaman? Will he be back?

Maniak
How can you hate what he's doing?

Here's the situation:

The Suns offered him a max contract and told him he would be a cornerstone for their franchise blah blah blah. He really took to liking Phoenix and his brother or whatever is going to college nearby blah blah blha.

Aside from drafting a shooting guard in the draft, the Hornets have done nothing related to Eric Gordon and haven't talked with him.

He clearly likes the pitch Phoenix gave him and likes the direction the franchise is going in.

christian1923
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Who the helis Eric Gordon to say he doesn't want to play in new Orleans?

NO should match the offer and EG better learn to like being a hornet.

This cat hasn't even played a full season and he's trying to control shiiiiit like he's melo or cp3. Smh just feel blessed your in the Nba wow

bagelred
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM
If I'm the Hornets, I ask for all the picks Suns just got from the Lakers, plus Suns unprotected #1 this year. If they do that, let them have him in a Sign and Trade.

Gordon for max contract isn't worth it anyway........

33teeth
07-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Here's the situation:

The Suns offered him a max contract and told him he would be a cornerstone for their franchise blah blah blah. He really took to liking Phoenix and his brother or whatever is going to college nearby blah blah blha.

Aside from drafting a shooting guard in the draft, the Hornets have done nothing related to Eric Gordon and haven't talked with him.

He clearly likes the pitch Phoenix gave him and likes the direction the franchise is going in.

RESTRICTED free agent. NOH own him. That's the contract he last signed. That's how I can hate what he's doing. Honor your contract.

irondarts
07-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Here's the situation:

Because, it's really annoying when these players play these games and try and force their way out of town. If he hates NO so much, sign the qualifying offer and then become a unrestricted FA next year.

It still baffles me how people hate on LeBron for going to Miami, even though it seems like he's one of the only star who played out his contract, and didn't bitch and whine to force his way out.

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Why would anyone want to play for a 3rd rate, po dunk franchise like the hornets (spelled lower-case on purpose)

Droid101
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Because, it's really annoying when these players play these games and try and force their way out of town. If he hates NO so much, sign the qualifying offer and then become a unrestricted FA next year.

It still baffles me how people hate on LeBron for going to Miami, even though it seems like he's one of the only star who played out his contract, and didn't bitch and whine to force his way out.
He didn't "play out his contract." They (Cavs) never let him be restricted. But he did make them offer him a shorter contract with opt-outs. He's still a bitch, make no mistake.

Raz
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Here's the situation:

I agree. I think the Hornets need to work out a sign and trade though and take away a few assets. One of the Lakers picks, Suns 2013 pick unprotected and Markieff Morris. That seems fair.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
lol Gordon pulling a Lamar, **** that

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I agree. I think the Hornets need to work out a sign and trade though and take away a few assets. One of the Lakers picks, Suns 2013 pick unprotected and Markieff Morris. That seems fair.

LOL a Late 1st, Mid-15 1st and a scrub prospect for the 3rd best shooting guard in the league?

Get the **** out of here.

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL a Late 1st, Mid-15 1st and a scrub prospect for the 3rd best shooting guard in the league?

Get the **** out of here.

:biggums: :biggums:

Derka
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey Eric.

You've played one full season of basketball in your short-ass career.

Stop acting like people care what you want.

LoneyROY7
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
:biggums: :biggums:

Nothing :biggums: about it.

LA_Showtime
Karma. That's what happens when you mess with fate, Mr. Stern. New Orleans is going to fall into mediocrity (oh wait, they're already there) and eventually have to relocate.

Maniak
Who the helis Eric Gordon to say he doesn't want to play in new Orleans?

NO should match the offer and EG better learn to like being a hornet.

This cat hasn't even played a full season and he's trying to control shiiiiit like he's melo or cp3. Smh just feel blessed your in the Nba wow
You can't just say some players can bitch and moan and others can't.

StateOfMind12
I really don't want EG in New Orleans either. I wouldn't want EG to play alongside Austin Rivers because that is just a disaster in the making.

IF EG were to go to Phoenix, EG would get the luxury of the Phoenix medical staff which will heal him from one of his problems which is durability.

He is a perfect fit for Phoenix and a bad one with NOH since NOH was dumb enough to draft Austin Rivers.

LoneyROY7
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
With that medical staff, Phoenix is probably the best move health-wise Gordon could make for his career.

EJ's PR has never been good...but I don't blame him for wanting to go to the Suns.

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 07:36 PM

lol at you and Eric Gordon, Hornets don't need to do jack shit other than match.

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Karma. That's what happens when you mess with fate, Mr. Stern. New Orleans is going to fall into mediocrity (oh wait, they're already there) and eventually have to relocate.
lol

Karma for what? Saying no to a shitty trade that would have put the Hornets 5 years behind where they are now :applause:

Maniak
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
lol at you and Eric Gordon, Hornets don't need to do jack shit other than match.
If they don't want a player bitching and moaning all season long they might want to do something different.

dzav323
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Here's the situation:

Actually, he's been in NOLA quite alot this offseason. He was at most of the Hornets draft workouts (actually praised Rivers), was at Saints practice for like 3 straight days, been to a couple of concerts, who knows what else. GM Dell Demps clearly said that EG is going to be our leader immediately after the draft and Monty Williams said we are going to try Rivers out at pg.

Once EG officially signs the offer, the Hornets are going to match. I hope EG see's that he is making a mistake, but if he is reluctant because he is afraid of a rookie who has not played one minute in the league yet, then we want nothing to do with him, but I don't want anything from PHX aside from Marshall or Gortat. First match, then S&T to Indy, but if he warms up to playing in NOLA, then i'll welcome him as if nothing ever happened. At the end of the day, onnce he see's the $$$, he won't really care.

AND to the Butt-Hurt Lakers fans:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Droid101
07-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't think Laker fans are all that butt-hurt anymore.

http://www.onesecondleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/steve-nash-lakers.jpg

Maniak
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
“I don’t know what New Orleans’ plans are for me. There are no negotiations right now.”

Doesn't matter if he's been in NO a lot if they don't have plans and the Suns do.

dzav323
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't think Laker fans are all that butt-hurt anymore.

http://www.onesecondleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/steve-nash-lakers.jpg
So 38yr old Nash+Kobe > 27yr old CP3+Kobe????
:biggums:

martycrane
07-05-2012, 07:45 PM
He's afraid of Rivers taking over his spot in a year or two?

Seriously though, I HATE when players act like this. NO should keep him if they want him or do a S&T if there's a solid offer out there. If they keep him and he pouts and doesn't play well then his value will drop, hurting him as much as anyone.

If players want the right to choose their teams then they should sign 1 year contracts. You want a long term contract, deal with the downsides of it too.

I dont think eric gordons bein a brat about but i think ese just wanna go somewhere low key an do his work. I remember hearin he wasnt real hot on los angeles either cuz he likes slower places like indiana or phoenix. New orleans aint really his type of city, and its a pretty big thing in ur life decidin where u gonna make ur home n career. I kno thems the breaks n thats the bizness but i dont blame him for tryin go where he really wanna b

christian1923
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
So 38yr old Nash+Kobe > 27yr old CP3+Kobe????
:biggums:
With gasol.yes

AMISTILLILL
The next Brandon Roy has spoken.

LA_Showtime
lol

Karma for what? Saying no to a shitty trade that would have put the Hornets 5 years behind where they are now :applause:

I'm not saying they didn't get a better deal or whatever but the way he blocked that trade just screamed AGENDA.

martycrane
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Actually, he's been in NOLA quite alot this offseason. He was at most of the Hornets draft workouts (actually praised Rivers), was at Saints practice for like 3 straight days, been to a couple of concerts, who knows what else. GM Dell Demps clearly said that EG is going to be our leader immediately after the draft and Monty Williams said we are going to try Rivers out at pg.

Once EG officially signs the offer, the Hornets are going to match. I hope EG see's that he is making a mistake, but if he is reluctant because he is afraid of a rookie who has not played one minute in the league yet, then we want nothing to do with him, but I don't want anything from PHX aside from Marshall or Gortat. First match, then S&T to Indy, but if he warms up to playing in NOLA, then i'll welcome him as if nothing ever happened. At the end of the day, onnce he see's the $$$, he won't really care.

Im sure gordon aint afraid of austin rivers like hes gonna take his minutes or somethin but the kids a notorius ballhog why would u wanna play on the wing wit a dude like that when ur alrdy a scorer. seem like a real stupid pick by new orleans, still cant figur that 1 out

chips93
07-05-2012, 07:51 PM
lol

true, had they taken that first trade, they would have had a much better record, and not gotten the brow

33teeth
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I dont think eric gordons bein a brat about but i think ese just wanna go somewhere low key an do his work. I remember hearin he wasnt real hot on los angeles either cuz he likes slower places like indiana or phoenix. New orleans aint really his type of city, and its a pretty big thing in ur life decidin where u gonna make ur home n career. I kno thems the breaks n thats the bizness but i dont blame him for tryin go where he really wanna b

First, I can hardly understand what you're trying to say. Try English next time.

Second, if he wants to choose "his type of city" which is "a pretty big thing" in his life then he shouldn't have ever signed the contract he signed. His rights are held by NO because of the contract he signed. "Thems the breaks and thats the bizness." As others have said, he can sign the qualifying offer, play a year in NO (if he's capable of playing a year) and then be an UFA. You know, man up and honor your commitments?

dzav323
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
With gasol.yes
The same Gasol all you bandwagoners have been wanting to trade for 3 months now. Sorry but contrary to popular belief among "Laker fans", Gasol's trade value has decreased tremendously. You guys were suggesting trades like Gasol for Howard or K. Love :facepalm . Now he is right back to Elite status now that you guys have Nash.

You guys could've found a decent replacement (ie David West or trade) if Gasol had indeed been included in the CP3 trade, but this is irrelevant.

anthonyRandolph
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Gordon has no leverage Hornets should match and hold him out a year and trade him for max value.

WockaVodka
Why does NO want him so bad especially if he doesn't want to be there? I think a S&T would be the best for both worlds.

martycrane
First, I can hardly understand what you're trying to say. Try English next time.

Second, if he wants to choose "his type of city" which is "a pretty big thing" in his life then he shouldn't have ever signed the contract he signed. His rights are held by NO because of the contract he signed. "Thems the breaks and thats the bizness." As others have said, he can sign the qualifying offer, play a year in NO (if he's capable of playing a year) and then be an UFA. You know, man up and honor your commitments?

if ur havin trouble understandin a few simple ideas i think that reflecs on ur intelligence, sorry b.

u one of those peeps who likes to hold athletes to diff standards so u can sound off from ur soapbox. yeah, ur a real man preachin bout honor n commiments, u must think everyones impressed how at ur outrage, fact is homes in any careers ppl try n use leverage and do whats best. aint like hes threatinin to tank games if norleans keeps him, hes just bein public how he feels tryin to get why he wants. but ur mr perfect, honor and commitments i bet in real life ur a weasel and prob do the exact thing gordons doin if ur in that position. what a phony, tryin to sound all supreme and authorative

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
if ur havin trouble understandin a few simple ideas i think that reflecs on ur intelligence, sorry b.

u one of those peeps who likes to hold athletes to diff standards so u can sound off from ur soapbox. yeah, ur a real man preachin bout honor n commiments, u must think everyones impressed how at ur outrage, fact is homes in any careers ppl try n use leverage and do whats best. aint like hes threatinin to tank games if norleans keeps him, hes just bein public how he feels tryin to get why he wants. but ur mr perfect, honor and commitments i bet in real life ur a weasel and prob do the exact thing gordons doin if ur in that position. what a phony, tryin to sound all supreme and authorative
Stop speaking Esperanto.

martycrane
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Stop speaking.

Take ur own advice

nosfan773
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Why would anyone want to play for a 3rd rate, po dunk franchise like the hornets (spelled lower-case on purpose)

Dude you are the biggest punk of a poster I have ever seen. Please STFU.

widowmaker
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
It would have to be a 3 team trade. NO not just going to hive him away to PHX bc he wants to be there.

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Doesn't matter if he's been in NO a lot if they don't have plans and the Suns do.
:facepalm No, the Hornets have no plans for Gordon :facepalm

veilside23
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
i think reason for this is the fact that they drafted austin rivers ... should have gotten marshall or who ever ... not just the post that EG wants to show he can be the top 5 SG in this L. So in phoenix he has that option ....

33teeth
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM

I read through your horrible post about 5 times to try to understand your words. It's like reading morse code. Except stupider.

Stop trying to sound ghetto. I'm sure you're a 14 year old in suburban Minneapolis or something.

The other thing: This isn't about me. I'm just pointing out that these guys have a union that negotiates a CBA. Based on those rules, they sign contracts. I'm tired of them whining about the contracts they are "stuck in" or where they want to be. Nothing is stopping them from signing short term contracts to maintain flexibility. Gordon doesn't get to choose where he wants to play right now. A team owns his rights.

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Dude you are the biggest punk of a poster I have ever seen. Please STFU.

Im not saying he should be able to weasel his way to Phoenix. But who the **** wants to play for the Hornets? I wouldn't want to live in a dirty city like New Orleans or play for a franchise that never gets primetime games. Even Anthony Davis' mother didn't want him in New Orleans.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 08:51 PM
:facepalm No, the Hornets have no plans for Gordon :facepalm
They currently don't, that's what Gordon said.

blackification
07-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Thats not true! they planned it out by drafting his replacement and then are surprised the dude wants to leave.

Loneshot
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Hopefully NO is smart enough to sign & trade him for either draft picks or a quality point guard to feed Davis and Austin-ever-so-hungry-to-jack-up-shots-and-become-Jr-smith-jr-Rivers.

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
N.O's fault for drafting Rivers. Let E.J go to Phx:D

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I guess the Hornets don't have plans for Anthony Davis either, afaik he wasn't offered a contract to this day. :facepalm

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Hornets need to milk this situation and get a S&T

irondarts
07-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Another hilarious thing about his stupid comments, it's like he doesn't even know how restricted FA even works...he's complaining about NO not negotiating with him? The Hornets don't need to negotiate with him, he was offered a MAX deal, and they will match it, WTF is there to negotiate? Again, the guy is coming off as an ignorant douche.

fatboy11
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Another hilarious thing about his stupid comments, it's like he doesn't even know how restricted FA even works...he's complaining about NO not negotiating with him? The Hornets don't need to negotiate with him, he was offered a MAX deal, and they will match it, WTF is there to negotiate? Again, the guy is coming off as an ignorant douche.

New Orleans can offer him more than any other team. Their max is more than Phoenix's max. That's what he's upset about. His logic is probably if they're so committed to him and value him as much as they claim, why didn't they just offer him a max contract? He's insulted that New Orleans didn't make an offer. I mean, you expect your team to offer you a contract if they want to keep you, right?

Obviously New Orleans made the smart play and saved themselves some money, but that usually doesn't make players too happy. In Eric Gordon's eyes, Phoenix wanted him more than New Orleans because they offered the most they could and New Orleans did not.

Warners0
07-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Maybe he is upset that they had a chance to add another piece in the draft with the 10th pick and they took Austin Rivers who plays the same position as Gordon

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe he is upset that they had a chance to add another piece in the draft with the 10th pick and they took Austin Rivers who plays the same position as Gordon
So Eric is planning to play 48 minutes? :lol

fatboy11
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM

That is also part of it.

bigwebb5000
07-06-2012, 11:26 AM
NOLA offered him a 4yr/50 mil and he declined so that he can get a max deal in the offseason. i'm thinking Gordon and his agent know that the Hornets will save the 5 yr max extension for Davis once his rookie deal is up thus Gordon will only be looking at another 4yr extension from Hornets as opposed to the max 5yr extension with Phoenix. I think Phoenix added a player option to the 4th year, so Gordon's contract structure is similar to Kevin Love.

Darius
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
lmao Hornets can just match and Gordon will put his head down and play.

Darius
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
NOLA offered him a 4yr/50 mil and he declined so that he can get a max deal in the offseason. i'm thinking Gordon and his agent know that the Hornets will save the 5 yr max extension for Davis once his rookie deal is up thus Gordon will only be looking at another 4yr extension from Hornets as opposed to the max 5yr extension with Phoenix. I think Phoenix added a player option to the 4th year, so Gordon's contract structure is similar to Kevin Love.

Finally an intelligent post in this thread.

OmniStrife
07-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Dragic / Marshall
Gordon / Dudley
Beasley / Redd?
Morris / Frye
Gortat / Lopez

Yes please!!

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2012, 12:29 PM
So New Orleans knew they were getting Davis back in January?:facepalm :biggums:

bigwebb5000
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
So New Orleans knew they were getting Davis back in January?
I guess I will break it down for you. I would assume you are a Wolves fan and would understand the situation since you are currently dealing with similar dynamics with Love and Rubio.

NOLA offered him a 4yr/50 mil and he declined so that he can get a max deal in the offseason.
This is pretty self explanatory. Good business on both sides. No sense in giving Gordon a 5 yr 80 mil extension when the max he can get elsewhere is
4yrs 58 mil.

i'm thinking Gordon and his agent know that the Hornets will save the 5 yr max extension for Davis once his rookie deal is up thus Gordon will only be looking at another 4yr extension from Hornets as opposed to the max 5yr extension with Phoenix.

Of course they didn't know they were getting Davis, but he is there now and thus the dynamics change. Since you can only sign one 5yr max player at a time, that slot is now reserved for Davis much like it is reserved for Rubio with Minn.

So now Gordon secures a max deal with a player option in the 4th and barring any unforseen injuries, etc, he will def be declining that last year to secure another max deal. Only problem is with the Hornets he won't get the 5th year because like I said earlier that is resevred for Davis. With Phoenix, he's their franchise player, and they will give him the 5yr max deal he desires.

Anti Hero
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Related to this thread

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
If NO matches offer sheet for Gordon which they apparently will then Suns will turn attention to keeping Shannon Brown.
(You may remember him as the guy that broke the Nash deal)

Gambo (https://twitter.com/#!/Gambo620)

WeGetRing2012
07-06-2012, 02:35 PM

So if NO matches the deal he has to sign it and is locked in for years with NO?

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 02:38 PM
So if NO matches the deal he has to sign it and is locked in for years with NO?Yup, But NO will definitively have to through a Dwight like drama

Dengness9
07-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Eric Gordon is too young and not proven enough to come out w/ this whiny bullshit.

New Orleans wants this kid no matter what he thinks. I understand why he would wonder about the Rivers pick but at the same time, he is a good player to draft at 10 regardless of position and based off of what i think is some huge upside potential.

Like others said....Eric Gordon, just take the QO if you want out so bad. Put your money where your mouth is.

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I wouldnt be so eager to play in Phoenix if I were him now that the starting PG is not Kendal Marshall anymore. Dragic isnt a pass-first PG and wont fit him nicely.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Yea Gordon is being a bitch, point blank. Always thought he was the humble, team first kind... was wrong obviously.

irondarts
07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
So if NO matches the deal he has to sign it and is locked in for years with NO?
I believe he could sign the one year qualifying offer and become an UFA next offseason