PDA

View Full Version : Houston has agreed to terms with Jeremy Lin on an offer sheet. 4 yr $30M

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 11:31 AM
"A league source said Jeremy Lin will be offered a contract today — maybe in the [four-year] $30 million range — in a back-loaded nature similar to the one the Rockets offered Bulls big man Omir Asik." (via CBSSports.com)

The source said the Rockets will offer Lin $5 million, $5.2 million and then plan to jack up the third and fourth years to as much as $10 million.

So, Dragic would be out?

Foster5k
07-04-2012, 11:34 AM
So much for living on a couch. :oldlol:

Obviously, Lin is over-rated, but we'll have to see how he handles a full NBA season.

WhySoInsecure?
07-04-2012, 11:35 AM
If it's 30mil I'm confident the knicks will match

Pra
07-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh wow, not sure on the source so much, but Dragic might be leaning to PHX. Plus Eric Gordon has a possibility of heading there too!

Inb4 Dragic to NO though.

D-Rose
07-04-2012, 11:37 AM
He's a UFA, correct? I wonder if his preference is NY if the money was equal everywhere...

Chrono90
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
If Knicks lets Lin go, that just shows you how players should all just say screw loyalty and worry about money. Lin was the reason why knicks weren't the laughing stock of the NBA last season. Knicks should give the kid a chance like a full season as a starter and see what he can do.

WhySoInsecure?
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
He's a UFA, correct? I wonder if his preference is NY if the money was equal everywhere...
Nope restricted

Rekindled
07-04-2012, 11:41 AM
If Knicks lets Lin go, that just shows you how players should all just say screw loyalty and worry about money. Lin was the reason why knicks weren't the laughing stock of the NBA last season. Knicks should give the kid a chance like a full season as a starter and see what he can do.

what makes you say that.

alan hahn has reported the knicks will match any lin offer

Godzuki
07-04-2012, 11:42 AM
lin should be careful. if he leaves the Knicks his whole situation and play could change.

bagelred
07-04-2012, 11:44 AM
It seems this situation happens all the time. It's like teams purposely try to screw the Knicks instead of making rational decisions for their own teams.

First Landry Fields, now Jeremy Lin.....last year too there was a weird situation that almost screwed the Knicks.........can't remember.

Reverend Hoops
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
lin should be careful. if he leaves the Knicks his whole situation and play could change.

Mike D'Antoni left already.

bagelred
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM

:rolleyes: He'll have $30 million in his pocket. He'll somehow manage.

GOBB
07-04-2012, 11:50 AM

I thought NYK were limited to what they could offer. :confusedshrug:

Thought the most was 4yrs $24mil. Why else would Houston backload the deal in order to prevent NYK from matching.

niko
07-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I thought NYK were limited to what they could offer. :confusedshrug:

Thought the most was 4yrs $24mil. Why else would Houston backload the deal in order to prevent NYK from matching.
We are allowed to match any offer but our initial offer cannot be that much. Yes, it is stupid.

Kujo
07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Dragic is better than Lin, but I get why Houston doesn't want to pay Dragic 10 mil a year.

Pablooo5
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I can't understand where are the Raptors going... Nash,Fields,now Lin...nobody will go there...

BlackVVaves
07-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Dolan really must have made alot of enemies in the league over the years, teams are just trying to **** the Knicks left and right :oldlol:

Kujo
07-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I can't understand where are the Raptors going... Nash,Fields,now Lin...nobody will go there...

The Rockets offered Lin this deal, not the Raptors. :coleman: :D

Maniak
07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Please do.

I want Dragic to come to Phoenix.

Also, to who said Dragic should go to new orleans, they have Jarrett Jack who is a very underrated PG and they drafted Austin Rivers to take minutes at the PG spot as well. No.

midatlantic09
07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
I find it hilarious that a guy who had a strong 2-3 weeks last season turned that into a $30+ million contract. Meanwhile, there are other players who have done the same thing Lin has done and people don't even think they're worth $4-5 million a year (for example, Jerryd Bayless).

If Jeremy Lin was Jeremy Jackson, no way would he be getting offered a $30 million contract.

GOBB
07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
I find it hilarious that a guy who had a strong 2-3 weeks last season turned that into a $30+ million contract. Meanwhile, there are other players who have done the same thing Lin has done and people don't even think they're worth $4-5 million a year (for example, Jerryd Bayless).

If Jeremy Lin was Jeremy Jackson, no way would he be getting offered a $30 million contract.

When did Bayless do what Lin did?

GOBB
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Please do.

I want Dragic to come to Phoenix.

Also, to who said Dragic should go to new orleans, they have Jarrett Jack who is a very underrated PG and they drafted Austin Rivers to take minutes at the PG spot as well. No.

Jack is in the final year of his deal. Dragic replaces Jack. Rivers is no PG, more of a scoring guard could play SG ala Monta Ellis.

midatlantic09
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
When did Bayless do what Lin did?

April of the 2010-2011 season, and at the end part of this past season right before he got injured.

Maniak
07-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Jack is in the final year of his deal. Dragic replaces Jack. Rivers is no PG, more of a scoring guard could play SG ala Monta Ellis.
I think they should hold on to Jack.

I know Rivers is no PG but the Hornets said they want him to be.

Chrono90
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
what makes you say that.

alan hahn has reported the knicks will match any lin offer

That's good to hear. I want to see the chance given to him to play. I was just saying if.

bluechox2
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Dragic is better than Lin, but I get why Houston doesn't want to pay Dragic 10 mil a year.
Houston offered dragic the same contract but he refused

Chrono90
07-04-2012, 12:36 PM
April of the 2010-2011 season, and at the end part of this past season right before he got injured.

Lin made the team from 2 or 3 spots away from the playoffs race to i think 7 or 8th seed in the playoffs with big wins and buzzer beaters and clutch shots. I don't think its the same.

midatlantic09
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Lin made the team from 2 or 3 spots away from the playoffs race to i think 7 or 8th seed in the playoffs with big wins and buzzer beaters and clutch shots. I don't think its the same.

I think it's the same thing. I go by the overall numbers, not buzzer beaters and clutch shots. If anything, buzzer beaters and clutch shots are more luck than anything else and say very little about one's overall game.

Also, as soon as Carmelo came back, the Knicks started to stink again even with Lin still as the starting PG.

Kingwillball
07-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Lin is a CASH COW for Knicks.. They will not let him Walk..U would think Lin would also not want to leave being the Knicks turned him into a guy about to out of the NBA to an international Star almost overnight. It is a win win for both parties to come to terms.

bluechox2
07-04-2012, 12:41 PM
For those of you who follow tweets, @nypost_berman, knicks are close to sign and trade for nash

LikeABosh
07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Lin will be nothing more than a good role player next season.

bluechox2
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
most likely shumpert will be dealt in the nash trade, so now we have no starting sgs signed for next year, jr at best is a backup and has yet to make a decision about returning. fields is good as gone.

so who will we get to fill in our huge hole at sg now?

bring back billy walker ???:lol

what position james white plays? our new starter? can nash turn him into a allstar?

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Can any other team offer Lin or is it between the Rockets and Knicks now? I would prefer if Lin went to Dallas out of all the teams that want him.

bluechox2
07-04-2012, 01:04 PM
for those still wondering, knicks can match any offer, no matter who he signs a offer sheet with

toronto wanted to backload a lin contract up to 15 a year

atleast houston has some sense to keep it down to 10

GOBB
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
for those still wondering, knicks can match any offer, no matter who he signs a offer sheet with

toronto wanted to backload a lin contract up to 15 a year

atleast houston has some sense to keep it down to 10

NYK would be in luxary tax hell tho if they matched no? Thats what I read.

bluechox2
07-04-2012, 01:11 PM
in three years, but by then our team probably has changed

fatboy11
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Honestly, I hope this doesn't happen. I'm not sold on Lin. I don't see how anyone can be.

Anyone remember that insane first month that Flip Murray had back in '03-'04?

I don't have reservations about Lin as an NBA rotation player, but giving him a 30 million dollar contract is another story.

spiegel
07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Yuck. Les isnt willing to pay dragic extra 2 million whom btw is a far superior player?. Damn this has epic fail written all over it.

niko
07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, we would pay a lot of luxury tax. :confusedshrug:

DTreats
07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Yuck. Les isnt willing to pay dragic extra 2 million whom btw is a far superior player?. Damn this has epic fail written all over it.
Tragic is far superior at being worse at basketball than Lin.

bmulls
07-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Gotta realize a SIGNIFICANT portion of Lin's contract is going to be consideration for the merchandise he sells rather than his play on the court. Asia is a massive and largely untapped market for the NBA. Rockets know first hand what a Yao Ming can do for your wallet.

Blue&Orange
07-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Of all the teams he had to be the one with Dragic and Lowry :lol

Yes lets keep talking about Morey's masterplan:lol

IGOTGAME
07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Gotta realize a SIGNIFICANT portion of Lin's contract is going to be consideration for the merchandise he sells rather than his play on the court. Asia is a massive and largely untapped market for the NBA. Rockets know first hand what a Yao Ming can do for your wallet.

can/would they offer him more than that?

spiegel
07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Can any other team offer Lin or is it between the Rockets and Knicks now? I would prefer if Lin went to Dallas out of all the teams that want him.

lol ok a former hardcore rockets fan. ooops i mean YAO ONLY FAN. Should we expect you to jump on our bandwagon now that you're fellow chinese country men is a Rocket?. I mean you change teams like toilet paper.

DTreats
07-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Of course you gotta factor in the '***** in the armor' effect, but Yao Ming was a star, not a back up point guard.

bagelred
07-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Of all the teams he had to be the one with Dragic and Lowry :lol

Yes lets keep talking about Morey's masterplan:lol

I honestly believe Morey just wants to make the Knicks pay more for Lin, for whatever reason. He knows Knicks will match anything.

I know its weird, but I bet that's what he's thinking.

spiegel
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Tragic is far superior at being worse at basketball than Lin.
Really? is that why Tragic averaged 18 points 9 assists 4 boards 2 steals 37% 3pt 50 fg as a starter. Anyone can see Dragic>>Lin. This is allbout Les wanting back into the chinese market.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
lol ok a former hardcore rockets fan. ooops i mean YAO ONLY FAN. Should we expect you to jump on our bandwagon now that you're fellow chinese country men is a Rocket?. I mean you change teams like toilet paper.
How many playoff series has Tmac won? I'm just curious since you are just a Tmac lover and ever since I've made negative posts about Tmac, you've been on my nuts.

I wouldn't want Lin on the Rockets, why would I? Lin deserves to go to a better team and a better franchise, not some garbage one. Dallas would be the superior team to go to and I would rather have him go there.

I'm sure you would love to have Tmac come to Houston though. He is a perfect fit though because they both suck. :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought Jeremy Lin used to be playing for the Rockets in summer league 2011, what a slap in the face for the Rockets to have missed him. Anyway I think Houston will get him, Knicks with Nash aint interested in signing Lin even if he only asks 3-4 million.

spiegel
07-04-2012, 02:55 PM
How many playoff series has Tmac won? I'm just curious since you are just a Tmac lover and ever since I've made negative posts about Tmac, you've been on my nuts.

I wouldn't want Lin on the Rockets, why would I? Lin deserves to go to a better team and a better franchise, not some garbage one. Dallas would be the superior team to go to and I would rather have him go there.

I'm sure you would love to have Tmac come to Houston though. He is a perfect fit though because they both suck. :oldlol:
Again, werent you a hardcore rockets fan as you used to claim from 1993 when yao was playing? Rocketsgreatness, clutchcity93 and a million other different id's. lol you really are a pathetc joke.:lol

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Again, werent you a hardcore rockets fan as you used to claim from 1993 when yao was playing? Rocketsgreatness, clutchcity and a million other different id's. lol you really are a pathetc joke.:lol
Nope, you didn't answer my question though, how many playoff series has Tmac won? Why are you avoiding my question?

spiegel
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I honestly believe Morey just wants to make the Knicks pay more for Lin, for whatever reason. He knows Knicks will match anything.

Hopefully Knicks match this pronto

spiegel
07-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Nope, you didn't answer my question though, how many playoff series has Tmac won? Why are you avoiding my question?
Everybody here knows you're rocketsgreatness. People have called you out for it. You standout like a sore thumb. looool Keep denying it . Adios bandwagon bio polar maniac.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Everybody here knows you're rocketsgreatness. People have called you out for it. You standout like a sore thumb. looool Keep denying it . Adios bandwagon bio polar maniac.
It seems like you won't answer my question about how many playoff series Tmac has won, so I should just check myself. I mean with how great of a player Tmac was and how great his team was in Houston, he has ought to have good success right? Lets check.

LMFAO, Tracy McGrady 0-8 in playoff series all-time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait, and the only time the Houston Rockets got past the 1st round was in 2009 when Tracy McGrady didn't even play in the post-season or in the 1st round? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hate to break it to you, I actually I would love to, and that is that Tracy McGrady is a giant loser.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Boy, Morey sure loves to rape the Knicks whenever he gets the chance!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-04-2012, 03:15 PM
does Lin play any defense?

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I hate to break it to you, I actually I would love to, and that is that Tracy McGrady is a giant loser.

Says the kid that has a million accounts on ISH :oldlol:

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Says the kid that has a million accounts on ISH :oldlol:
So are you going to stalk me on this site now because LeBron has surpassed Kobe as an individual player and because LeBron is better than Kobe ever was?

People handle depression in so many different ways, it is interesting.

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
So are you going to stalk me on this site now because LeBron has surpassed Kobe as an individual player and because LeBron is better than Kobe ever was?

People handle depression in so many different ways, it is interesting.

:roll:

It's sad how much you care about ISH. You go around begging people for reps and shit :oldlol: Just Sad.

Not to mention you're the biggest bandwagon hopper I've ever seen. You were a Thunder "fan" right up until the Finals. Then Lebron wins and you're a huge Lebron stan all of the sudden :lol

Droid101
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes, he's actually quite a good defender, which gets lost in all this. He's very tall for a point guard.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Rockets should focus on retaining Dragic, ship Lowry, Martin and White to the Lakers for Gasol, and sign a free agent PG like Earl Watson and they'll be set.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:25 PM
:roll:

:oldlol: I take your answer as a yes then.

He is pretty good defensively but since he is not black he will automatically have speculations on his defense.

Reverend Hoops
07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Z0US7lPp4

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
:oldlol: I take your answer as a yes then.

So poking fun at your bullshit, attention whoring posts every once in a while is "stalking"? :lol

You're the one that goes around ISH begging people for reps, not me.

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
So poking fun at your bullshit, attention whoring posts every once in a while is "stalking"? :lol
Responding to every post with personally attacks to a posters post is pretty much stalking. I didn't realize Kobe fans were this mad that Lebron won a ring. :oldlol:

You are just upset that Lebron in 2012 is better than Kobe ever was and did everything better than Kobe ever did.

http://leagueofbikepolo.com/sites/leagueofbikepolo.com/files/Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpeg

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Lebron in 2012 is better than Kobe ever was and did everything better than Kobe ever did.

No.

But hey, believe what you want. You'll probably hate Lebron next month anyway considering you're a bipolar lunatic that is a fan of a different player/team every 5 minutes.

DTreats
07-04-2012, 03:38 PM
No.

But hey, believe what you want. You'll probably hate Lebron next month anyway considering you're a bipolar lunatic that is a fan of a different player/team every 5 minutes.
:oldlol: Last week he was saying Wade is still a top 5 player in the NBA, but then someone brought up how much LeBron had and all of a sudden Wade is "barely a top 5 SG"

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:39 PM
:oldlol: Last week he was saying Wade is still a top 5 player in the NBA, but then someone brought up how much LeBron had and all of a sudden Wade is "barely a top 5 SG"
If I said that I was trolling Kobe fans which worked successfully as it always does.

I considered Wade the 2nd best SG behind Kobe all season and I never considered him top 5 this season. I don't think anyone said Wade is barely a top 5 SG and if so that person is just plain dumb.

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I considered Wade the 2nd best SG behind Kobe all season

Bullshit :oldlol:

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showpost.php?p=7352365&postcount=1

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=265032

StateOfMind12
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Bullshit :oldlol:

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showpost.php?p=7352365&postcount=1

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=265032

If I said that I was trolling Kobe fans which worked successfully as it always does. .

Work on your reading comprehension kid.

Heavincent
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Work on your reading comprehension kid.

You said you were just trolling when you said Wade was still a top 5 player overall. You didn't say you were trolling when you claimed he was better than Kobe.

The sad thing about that thread is that you were actually agreeing with yourself with your idefend account :lol

SacJB Shady
07-04-2012, 04:06 PM

Obviously, Lin is over-rated, but we'll have to see how he handles a full NBA season.

Funny how u say he's overrated when he was cut from like 3 teams and not even drafted. :roll: Lin is OVERRATED!!!!! ha ha ha

takai
07-04-2012, 04:14 PM
*4 years/$30 million.... for Lin*

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Z0US7lPp4

:applause: :lol

jbot
07-04-2012, 04:50 PM
i really like lin's story. it's hard to not enjoy an underdog.

the problem i have is that i'm caught between wanting him to get a deal he might deserve and wondering if he was just "lucky". by that i mean him being on a team full of injuries that allowed him to get his shot and what not.

BlackVVaves
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
If I said that I was trolling Kobe fans which worked successfully as it always does.

I considered Wade the 2nd best SG behind Kobe all season and I never considered him top 5 this season. I don't think anyone said Wade is barely a top 5 SG and if so that person is just plain dumb.

So you're admitting you're a troll then?

SacJB Shady
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
i really like lin's story. it's hard to not enjoy an underdog.

the problem i have is that i'm caught between wanting him to get a deal he might deserve and wondering if he was just "lucky". by that i mean him being on a team full of injuries that allowed him to get his shot and what not.

he got lucky in that case, but what about all the other times he got unlucky you know? Lin is good. Period.

bagelred
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Boy, Morey sure loves to rape the Knicks whenever he gets the chance!

When did he rape us last? You mean when he took Jared Jeffries for Jordan Hill who Morey gave away for nothing? They got Royce White basically. Let's see how he turns out.

Droid101
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
When did he rape us last? You mean when he took Jared Jeffries for Jordan Hill who Morey gave away for nothing? They got Royce White basically. Let's see how he turns out.
Gave away for a first round pick.

And look who has Jeffries back?

Don't be an idiot, Morey is better than your GM by a longshot.

spiegel
07-04-2012, 09:19 PM
So you're admitting you're a troll then?
He clearly has issues

Askmeificare
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
if Lin leaves the Knicks :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

niko
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Dear Morey,

Nice Tweet talking about Lin. Knicks are definitely matching now. Which makes you come across as a douche.

Thanks
NIKO

spiegel
07-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Hopefully knicks do match it.

wally_world
07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Knicks will match any offer, even a max deal. True story.

Maniak
07-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Kind of sucks the Knicks will.

If they didn't for some reason, then that would make the chances of Dragic coming to Phoenix so much greater.

spiegel
07-04-2012, 11:36 PM
So Marshall was drafted to be Dragons backup? Anyway, Bobcats are now in the Dragic mix. I pray Knicks match Lin's offer and Morey wises up and re-signs Dragic pronto.

Maniak
07-04-2012, 11:47 PM
So Marshall was drafted to be Dragons backup? Anyway, Bobcats are now in the Dragic mix. I pray Knicks match Lin's offer and Morey wises up and re-signs Dragic pronto.
Not necessarily, but he sure wasn't drafted guaranteed with the starter job. Especially with the amount of PG FA's this offseason.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 12:13 AM
You sign Goran long term then it clashes with having Marshall as he will want to be a starter in the future.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 12:16 AM
You sign Goran long term then it clashes with having Marshall as he will want to be a starter in the future.
You don't know that.

BlitzForce
07-05-2012, 12:19 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1001942/linblocks.gif

spiegel
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Look at the whole situation in Houston. Lowry throwing hissy fit once Dragic took over his spot.

gyu
07-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Look at the whole situation in Houston. Lowry throwing hissy fit once Dragic took over his spot.
Source?

jbot
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
he got lucky in that case, but what about all the other times he got unlucky you know? Lin is good. Period.
believe me, i hope so. great story.

Linspired
07-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Really? is that why Tragic averaged 18 points 9 assists 4 boards 2 steals 37% 3pt 50 fg as a starter. Anyone can see Dragic>>Lin. This is allbout Les wanting back into the chinese market.

lol. there is no definite proof who's a better player of the two yet. all i know is that Lin had shown much more upside in 2 1/2 weeks than dragic did in his entire career.

both are work in progress for sure. Lin is sexier of the two, and Lin will create 10 times more buzz than dragic ever will. and that's very important for both houston or new york because they have huge chinese following.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Source?
Unless you've lived under a rock and havent heard lowry's comments about how he cant play under McHale. Translation i should be the starter.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 12:55 AM
lol. there is no definite proof who's a better player of the two yet. all i know is that Lin had shown much more upside in 2 1/2 weeks than dragic did in his entire career.

both are work in progress for sure. Lin is sexier of the two, and Lin will create 10 times more buzz than dragic ever will. and that's very important for both houston or new york because they have huge chinese following.
It's all about money an thats why Morey going after Lin

Linspired
07-05-2012, 01:01 AM
It's all about money an thats why Morey going after Lin

yup. and Yao factor is huge.

blacknapalm
07-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Houston's multi-year offer to Jeremy Lin includes back-loaded money designed to hit the Knicks hard on luxury tax, source tells Y!

:lol damn, everyone trying to troll NY in the offseason

LockoutOver11
07-05-2012, 01:52 AM
if I were a knicks fan, I'd want a trade Lin for Lowry... lowry and shump could be a good defensive backcourt maybe..

B
07-05-2012, 01:53 AM

:lol damn, everyone trying to troll NY in the offseasonMorey drops another poison pill on a potential tax team. :lol

brantonli
07-05-2012, 01:56 AM
in three years, but by then our team probably has changed

Not really, you'll still have a total of $59 million committed to Chandler+Melo+Amare in 3 years time, so if the Knicks match Lin's offer, then it really will be luxury cap hell. But the next season all three come off the books so it will only be hell for that 1 season (unless they get extensions of course).

spiegel
07-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Now that Dragic is off the marke, i would be happy with Lin, infact more then happy. He is the best option out there. Lin Will take off where Yao left off.

WockaVodka
07-05-2012, 02:37 AM
With Nash out of the picture, I expect the Knicks to match anything unless some team is willing to give him the max.

Haymaker
07-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Knicks are in such an ugly situation. Is Amare THAT hard to trade?

Magic get:

Amare Stoudemire
Toney Douglas

Knicks get:

Jason Richardson
Quentin Richardson
Hedo Turkoglu

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=796yecd

el gringos
07-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Knicks are in such an ugly situation. Is Amare THAT hard to trade?

Magic get:

Amare Stoudemire
Toney Douglas

Knicks get:

Jason Richardson
Quentin Richardson
Hedo Turkoglu

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=796yecd
no he isnt that hard to trade- but only for the reason of finding a better fit, not just dumping him for other contracts. If it was Ryan anderson and Turkoglu for amare then it works for Knicks

Batz
07-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Raptors really need to get in on this.

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 05:32 AM
houston has already offered a contract to lin...lin still 50/50 on verbally agreeing to it

GOBB
07-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Is 4yrs $30mil the most any team can offer Lin? If not, Houston should drive it up some more. I'd love to see NYK pay Lin more than $10mil per in 2 seasons. Luxary tax hell for the ngyuen.

bagelred
07-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Is 4yrs $30mil the most any team can offer Lin? If not, Houston should drive it up some more. I'd love to see NYK pay Lin more than $10mil per in 2 seasons. Luxary tax hell for the ngyuen.

Well it will only hit Knicks "hard" in 2014-2015, just one year.

The way its structured, Lin will make MLE type money next two years, then the big bump in salary happens in 2014-2015. So that's the year Knicks payroll will be nuts.

The NEXT year after that, Chandler, Melo, and Amare's contracts are all off the books, so Knicks can strucutre new deals with those players to avoid luxury tax. Assuming things remain same, Knicks would resign Melo and Tyson and let Amare go.........or sign Amare at a deep discount.

Anyway, once again, a team does something illogical to screw the Knicks. An unproven PG who played 20 good games is getting a $30 million offer from the Rockets, which of course makes no sense for them because THEY ALREADY HAVE KYLE LOWRY ON A GOOD CONTRACT. Illogical, but Knicks have no choice but to match because he's our best PG option since we have no cap space.......:hammerhead:

JohnnySic
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
LOL at anyone paying Lin that much. Watch him crash back down to Earth now that teams are aware of him.

niko
07-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Again, why are people worried about "it hitting the knicks hard". It's just money against the bottom line of a several billion dollar business. It will literally have no discernable impact. When Cablevision loses subscribers do you all panic about the Knicks?

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
haters gonna hate

spiegel
07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
LOL at anyone paying Lin that much. Watch him crash back down to Earth now that teams are aware of him.
Do you know how much $$$$$$ he generates off the court?

LBJDW305
07-05-2012, 10:26 AM

As a fan your worried about how much money he makes off the court? Lin will make as much as rondo after 2 years :facepalm :biggums: :roll:

LJJ
07-05-2012, 10:27 AM

What if Jeremy Lin was named Jerome James?

JohnnySic
07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't want my team overpaying a player because a bunch of fans who share his ethnic persuasion will buy product. Maybe some teams operate that way, but its not how you create an on-court winning formula.

Alan Ogg
07-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Interesting tweet by Tommy Beer:

In 28 starts last season, Goran Dragic avg = 18.0 ppg, 8.4 apg, 3.5 rpg
In 25 starts last yr, Jeremy Lin avg = 18.2 ppg, 7.7 apg, 3.7 rpg

Didn't realize the stats were so similar and interesting given the dragon just left the rockets for similar money.

AK47DR91
07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't want my team overpaying a player because a bunch of fans who share his ethnic persuasion will buy product. Maybe some teams operate that way, but its not how you create an on-court winning formula.
The people who are discrediting Lin's basketball are using the same excuse as the people who love him. Lin fans are only watching him because he's Chinese. Lin doubters are doing the exact same thing.

- No team is greater than the owner -

niko
07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
For those who want us to not match Lin, who would you like to be our PG? Signing Lin overpays him, but literally does not affect our ability to acquire players (we are over cap anyway) or our ability to do business (Knicks operates under a profit that is hundred of millions of dollars, the extra money is a problem?)

Aside from offending some of you people's sensibilities, it makes perfect sense to sign him, because WE WILL NOT HAVE A PG IF WE DO NOT.

Aside from cashflow this doesn't hurt as at all. People need to stop talking like it does. It's not true.

LJJ
07-05-2012, 10:55 AM
For those who want us to not match Lin, who would you like to be our PG? Signing Lin overpays him, but literally does not affect our ability to acquire players (we are over cap anyway) or our ability to do business (Knicks operates under a profit that is hundred of millions of dollars, the extra money is a problem?)

Aside from offending some of you people's sensibilities, it makes perfect sense to sign him, because WE WILL NOT HAVE A PG IF WE DO NOT.

Aside from cashflow this doesn't hurt as at all. People need to stop talking like it does. It's not true.

Of course it doesn't really matter to anyone that the Knicks will have to pay 20 million dollars to have Lin on the roster in 2016. Not in a real visceral sense anyway.

But people will obviously need to have the league parity discussion again. It's nice that teams are protected from player exoduses in free agency, this was a measure essentially intended to protect smaller market teams from losing their talent in free agency every time. Those rules weren't intended to give the giant spending behemoths even more means to acquire talent at any costs, that's not the spirit of those rules.

The rules for teams that far over the cap, in terms of all the exceptions they get to use, clearly needs to be re evaluated.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 11:38 AM
It's almost the exact same contract but the Rockets said it was too much [for Dragic].

:oldlol:

Cali Syndicate
07-05-2012, 11:47 AM
If he worked on that left hand and ball control, $30 mil isn't that bad. As a PG he can't be turning the ball over as much as he was. Other than that, Lin has a bright upside.

07-05-2012, 11:53 AM

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRmfwKxqe4Q

I don't know if he's consistent like that but he does play D.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 12:04 PM
As a fan your worried about how much money he makes off the court? Lin will make as much as rondo after 2 years :facepalm :biggums: :roll:
I'm talking through the Rockets font office perspective.

ZenMaster
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Excellent point! People are always in a hurry to say you can't sign this guy for that, or he's not worth it. But they fail to forget that when you lose a player you also have to replace him.

GOBB
07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Interesting tweet by Tommy Beer:

In 28 starts last season, Goran Dragic avg = 18.0 ppg, 8.4 apg, 3.5 rpg
In 25 starts last yr, Jeremy Lin avg = 18.2 ppg, 7.7 apg, 3.7 rpg

Didn't realize the stats were so similar and interesting given the dragon just left the rockets for similar money.

Dragic a much better shooter than Wynn.

brandonman
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
It seems like you won't answer my question about how many playoff series Tmac has won, so I should just check myself. I mean with how great of a player Tmac was and how great his team was in Houston, he has ought to have good success right? Lets check.

LMFAO, Tracy McGrady 0-8 in playoff series all-time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait, and the only time the Houston Rockets got past the 1st round was in 2009 when Tracy McGrady didn't even play in the post-season or in the 1st round? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who gives a sh!t about Tmac? :confusedshrug:

I have absolutely NO idea what Morey is up to. But, its not like the Rockets will be relevant any time soon any way.

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Who gives a sh!t about Tmac? :confusedshrug:

I have absolutely NO idea what Morey is up to. But, its not like the Rockets will be relevant any time soon any way.
The guy is a Tmac fan boy so every time I bring up Tmac he gets butthurt and mad.

Isn't Kevin Martin also disgruntled with the Rockets? Rockets will get quite easily be the biggest losers this off-season at this rate.

spiegel
07-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Says the guy who told people he was a Rockets fan since 1993(rocketsgreatness) but once his IDOL left so did he.You're a laughing stock idiot. Creating 10's of id's and agreeing and repping you'reself coninuesly.

brandonman
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
The guy is a Tmac fan boy so every time I bring up Tmac he gets butthurt and mad.

Isn't Kevin Martin also disgruntled with the Rockets? Rockets will get quite easily be the biggest losers this off-season at this rate.

Rockets being the biggest losers this off-season won

Faptastrophe
07-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski:

Houston has agreed to terms with Jeremy Lin on an offer sheet, source tells Y!

Woj: Lin offer sheet will be a three year deal, with team option for the fourth, league source tells Y!

Aldridge: Source confirms Rockets have committed a 4 yr, $30M sheet to NYK guard Jeremy Lin. NY will have 3 days to match when moratorium ends next week.

Woj: Offer sheet for Lin will pay him $5M in year one, $5.2M in year two and $9.3M in years three and again in team option year four, source says.

Woj: Y! Sources: New York's Jeremy Lin agrees to four-year, $28.8M offer sheet with the Houston Rockets.

The four-year deal would be worth an estimated $30-plus million.

A report in The New York Post on Wednesday, citing a league source, said the Rockets were planning to offer Lin a backloaded deal worth roughly $30 million. According to the same source, the deal would pay Lin $5 million in the first season, $5.2 million in the second, and then would increase to as much as $10 million per year in the third and fourth seasons.

"Jeremy Lin's an excellent player," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told The Post. "We got to know him firsthand when he was with the Rockets early this season. We think he'd make a fantastic addition to our team."

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million. In 35 games with the Knicks last season, Lin averaged 14.6 points and 6.2 assists per game.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8133715/source-new-york-knicks-jeremy-lin-agrees-sign-offer-sheet-houston-rockets

http://jeremylinbball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Jeremylinbball-jeremy-lin-economy.jpg

EnoughSaid
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
And the Western Conference Starting Point Guard for the All-Star team is....

StateOfMind12
And the Western Conference Starting Point Guard for the All-Star team is....
Chris Paul because Lin will remain in the Eastern Conference with the New York Knicks.

DuMa
Knicks will match. whatever it takes.

Faptastrophe
07-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Knicks will match. whatever it takes.
Probably. But Lin asked for MORE money. Milking 'em Knicks dry!

NOHCP3
07-05-2012, 07:36 PM
So it's more than 4 years 30 mill now? Still think NY matches unless it's crazy

EnoughSaid
It will be a shame when Kyrie Irving has an amazing year, but Lin gets the starting spot on the All-star team because of the Asian fanbase. :facepalm

chazzy
Kidd/Lin in NY. Wonder if they'll play a 2 PG lineup

MiseryCityTexas
07-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I hope knicks don't match the deal so cournety fortson, or some d-league bum will be rockets starting point guard.

Faptastrophe
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
So it's more than 4 years 30 mill now? Still think NY matches unless it's crazy
Marc Stein:
"Lin wants more $ than reported $31M offer from HOU, according to league source. ‪#Knicks‬ facing hefty match (THEY'LL MATCH)"

NOHCP3
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Marc Stein:
"Lin wants more $ than reported $31M offer from HOU, according to league source. ‪#Knicks‬ facing hefty match (THEY'LL MATCH)"

Damn.35 games gets you over 30 mill :applause: :lol

R.I.P.
07-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Trade away Lowry to sign Lin for nine million a year. Advanced Stats. Morey :bowdown:

bagelred
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Seven months ago, in December, Jeremy Lin was waived TWICE by two different teams.

Today, he is about to sign a contract for over $30 million.

"Only in America!!!"

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Source with knowledge of Knicks' thinking: "They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars"

:lol

DuMa
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
dat chinese market

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 07:48 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source confirms Rockets have committed a 4 yr, $30M sheet to NYK guard Jeremy Lin. NY will have 3 days to match when moratorium ends next wk

Nice try Houston but you phags will fail again.

bagelred
07-05-2012, 07:49 PM

That's it? 4 years, $30 million? :roll: Glen Grumwald isn't going to even bother asking James Dolan.

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
If they let Lin walk how is NY different from the team Miami just beat 4-1? I bet they sign him, if for nothing else than to give the fan base hope for improvement. And keeping "Linsanity" alive would make the deal profitable. Not like they were going to create cap space to sign a third star when they've handed Melo STAT and Chamdler big deals.

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
If they let Lin walk how is NY different from the team Miami just beat 4-1? I bet they sign him, if for nothing else than to give the fan base hope for improvement. And keeping "Linsanity" alive would make the deal profitable. Not like they were going to create cap space to sign a third star when they've handed Melo STAT and Chamdler big deals.
Have people already forgotten the amount of injuries the Knicks suffered heading into the playoffs and during the playoffs?

Lets review...

Amare was out for Game 3
Lin out for series
Shumpert out for series after Game 1
Chandler was sick and was not a 100%

And the backup PG was Bibby/Douglas and now they have Kidd to back him up.

It's different based on health alone and also a training camp to work with. They'll have just the same terrible coach in Mike Woodson to work with.

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Lin's deal will be worth $9.3M "poison pill" third year of deal, league source tells Y!

Rockets using the poison pill and they're still not getting him. :oldlol:

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Again, every indication I've gotten is that Knicks will match, even though offer is backloaded in a way to make it harder. Yahoo! first.

Noob Saibot
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Lin want dat Yao Ming $$$. May wanna change the rockets logo to the Houston Dragons or some sh**! :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM

This.

chazzy
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Well that team option makes it a lot easier for NY. Only one year of $9M

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
That's it? 4 years, $30 million? :roll: Glen Grumwald isn't going to even bother asking James Dolan.
Lin is the Rockets tank scapegoat, "We thought we were getting Lin that's why we got rid of our two PG's, so yeah we aren't willingly tanking we were forced by the circumstances"

Wavy Crockett
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
It's almost the exact same contract but the Rockets said it was too much [for Dragic].

:oldlol:
:hammerhead:

bagelred
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Jeremy Lin is stupid. That fourth year is a TEAM OPTION.

Jeremy Lin should have went back to Knicks. Knicks would have gave Lin LESS in Year 3 but give him a guaranteed fourth year. That would save Knicks a lot of luxury tax money. I'm sure Knicks would have gave him that fourth year no problem.

Lin........I thought he went to Harvard? :hammerhead:

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
The third and fourth seasons of Lin's deal would be worth $9.3 million each, source said, the fourth at a team option.

Is it possible they reconstruct his contract or what?

Freedom Kid7
07-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Somebody's gonna end up with rustled jimmies. Wonder if NY will bother to match.

ImmortalNemesis
07-05-2012, 08:03 PM
NY please match this. Lin is overrated anyway. No thanks, I rather Houston tank.

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 08:06 PM
NY please match this. Lin is overrated anyway. No thanks, I rather Houston tank.
They should get Tracy McGrady back then since it would be a perfect fit since they are both losers that will achieve nothing.

ripthekik
07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Anyone think this is a business move for the Rockets?
They've had Yao Ming.. they saw so much cooperation with the Chinese corporations. Their players all had deals with random Chinese companies.. hell, even Battier had a commercial and deal of his own :lol

Lin sells big time, I can't even estimate the amount of money he generated for the league, for Nike, for Knicks this last season. We're still not sure of how he can fare as a starting point guard, but it's not a risky move because of all the benefits that come with him. I still see asians wearing linsanity tshirts all over the place..

Y2Gezee
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Knicks should feel by year 3, Lin Would be well worth 9 mil. He'd have certainly made up for it in marketing.

Not bad

Zackmorris
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
3rd year around 9 mill. 4th year is a team option...? :roll:

Thanks Morey :roll: :roll:

Faptastrophe
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
As one rival GM said: "Houston knows New York will match, but it will be more money for them in the tax distribution in three years."

Faptastrophe
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Y! Sources: New York's Jeremy Lin agrees to four-year, $28.8M offer sheet with the Houston Rockets.

WockaVodka
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Y! Sources: New York's Jeremy Lin agrees to four-year, $28.8M offer sheet with the Houston Rockets.
So it went from 30M to 28.8M? At this point they are just doing the Knicks a favor.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 08:19 PM
3rd year around 9 mill. 4th year is a team option...? :roll:

Thanks Morey :roll: :roll:

I think Morey felt bad for raping the Knicks all these years and is repenting. Maybe he believes in karma or something :biggums:

brandonman
07-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I hope the Knicks keep Lin, he won't add any relative value to the Rockets, and IMO doesn't increase the Knicks chances of making it past the 2nd round.

Morey is just raising the price to make NY match. And he can always say "I tried"

MeLO MvP 15
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow. That's an easy match. The Knicks would've matched 4 years, $40 mil without a team option.... this is actually a good contract and could be a bargain.

christian1923
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
:cheers: :cheers: Bargain for the knicks

bagelred
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
So it went from 30M to 28.8M? At this point they are just doing the Knicks a favor.

It's not even 28.8 million. Fourth year is a team option. It's really 3 years, $19.5 million.

But that 3rd year is a killer, $9.2 million. In 2014-2015, Knicks will be paying some SERIOUS luxury tax money.

WockaVodka
07-05-2012, 08:22 PM
It's not even 28.8 million. Fourth year is a team option. It's really 3 years, $19.5 million.
I have a hard time seeing Lin not stay in his 4th year unless he really stinks even with Kidd alongside helping him. He has a lot of time to develop.

Faptastrophe
07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Damn.35 games gets you over 30 mill :applause: :lol
In yr 3 of Lin sheet--reportedly $9.3M--Knicks have 3 expiring deals:'Melo ($24.3M), STAT ($23.4M), Chandler ($14.5M) + Iman option ($2.6M).

Those 4 existing contracts total $64.8M. If Kidd signs, he'd be in 3rd year, at around $3.3M. Add Lin and you're at $77.4M for 6 players.

They sure love spending money. :coleman:

noob cake
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM

This. Tank mode

I rather us not have a PG on the roster. Dwight would be too scared to come here. We wouldn't have to offer Orlando all our future picks and all 5 first round prospects from the past 2 years.

It's A VC3!!!
07-05-2012, 08:48 PM

But that 3rd year is a killer, $9.2 million. In 2014-2015, Knicks will be paying some SERIOUS luxury tax money.

That's nothing. If the Nets get Howard and retain the big four throughout the 2015-2016 season, Prok will end up paying 150 million of his own dollars to the NBA.:lol

Droid101
07-05-2012, 09:02 PM
That's nothing. If the Nets get Howard and retain the big four throughout the 2015-2016 season, Prok will end up paying 150 million of his own dollars to the NBA.:lol
Foreign money coming into the USA! I love it!

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Have people already forgotten the amount of injuries the Knicks suffered heading into the playoffs and during the playoffs?

Lets review...

Amare was out for Game 3
Lin out for series
Shumpert out for series after Game 1
Chandler was sick and was not a 100%

And the backup PG was Bibby/Douglas and now they have Kidd to back him up.

It's different based on health alone and also a training camp to work with. They'll have just the same terrible coach in Mike Woodson to work with.
Kidd is pushing 40. Last season averaged 6 and 6 shooting 36%. He's a shell of himself and may have more value as a mentor to Lin than anything he does on the court. And the "vet mentor" thing has always been overrated. This is not a major upgrade, this is an old player accepting a lesser status to extend his career. Shumpert isn't going to be ack any time soon, ACL reconstruction takes a long time to recover from. You are basically griping because a few of your guys were ailing at a time of the year when every team has a few guys ailing. Chandleand Stoudamire still played. If Lin isn't matched it's the same team Miami beat.

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
If they have Howard and Williams they're going to rule the Atlantic and be the second-best team in the EC. A team that good will be profitable in the New York market.

wally_world
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I wouldve thrown $50 million at Lin just to screw the Knicks over :oldlol:

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 10:43 PM
that is i really good contract for us, we can resign him after the 3rd year to a decent contract worth his level of play

MeLO MvP 15
07-05-2012, 10:46 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AxFGWb2CMAAm2AS.jpg

SevereUpInHere
07-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I wouldve thrown $50 million at Lin just to screw the Knicks over :oldlol:

See the problem with this, if anyone tries to screw too hard, Knicks can just decline to match, then you're stuck paying $50m for Lin, you can't back out of that. We're in a good position.

O_City_Thunder
07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
I just heard the Sportscenter guy saying "Linsane in the Membrane" :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

That's my favorite out of all of them.

spiegel
07-06-2012, 01:18 AM
See the problem with this, if anyone tries to screw too hard, Knicks can just decline to match, then you're stuck paying $50m for Lin, you can't back out of that. We're in a good position.
Man i'm more then happy to pay LIN 31 million as a Rockets fan, but sadly you're GM will match it even if we gave him a 60 million offer sheet.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Morey has to be one of the most overrated GMs in the NBA.

FrankTony
07-06-2012, 08:55 AM

THIS

They're rebuilding by default after the horrible moves he has made this off-season.

Real Men Wear Green
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
As one rival GM said: "Houston knows New York will match, but it will be more money for them in the tax distribution in three years."
If true then Houston is just wasting their time. It's not good use of resources to concern yourself with the cap number of a team on the other side of the country that would be capped out anyway. Morey is looking bad but he can't be that dumb. He's genuinely trying to get Lin.

Pablooo5
07-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm sure that Rockets will match this offer.What was the purpose to acquire Kidd? To be mentor for Lin.So,I think that Lin won't leave NYC.

mark
07-08-2012, 02:25 AM

wow so overrated, they obviously dont care about the fact that he never made an nba team, other than NY for a while, and had a few lucky games when everyone else was hurt, and nobody really guarded him. That equals 30 million dollars. At least he dissed Kim Kardashian that was phenomenal,

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 02:35 AM
I wish casual fans were more informed, perhaps ESPN should educate more on the business side of basketball because I've had lots of friends comment on "how raw the Rockets are going to be with Lin"...and I'm like... :facepalm knicks :facepalm

Al Thornton
07-08-2012, 04:42 AM
I wish casual fans were more informed, perhaps ESPN should educate more on the business side of basketball because I've had lots of friends comment on "how raw the Rockets are going to be with Lin"...and I'm like... :facepalm knicks :facepalm

yea this is a real problem. happens every time someone signs an offer sheet.

el gringos
07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Lin for Motiejunas and Camby- would the rockets do this?

phoenix_bladen
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
it's nice how the rockets did all the negiotations and paper work just for the knicks to match it lol

flipogb
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
it's nice how the rockets did all the negiotations and paper work just for the knicks to match it lol
yup, did their job for them

its funny how everyone knows Knicks will match and yet
someone was willing to waste their time

el gringos
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
yup, did their job for them

its funny how everyone knows Knicks will match and yet
someone was willing to waste their time
How does everyone know it- isn't there still the chance of a s&t? With the rockets having Royce white and Terrance jones isn't there a chance that the rights to motiejunas and Camby is worth it for Houston to get Lin?

MiseryCityTexas
07-09-2012, 04:47 AM

Coming fom a Rockets fan, I agree. Seems like Morey's only strength is drafting solid role players.