PDA

View Full Version : 4 years, 40 million for Jeff Green?

All Net
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Thats alot of money for a guy who suffered what he just did.

Report: Jeff Green's contract could be 4 years, $40 million http://bit.ly/RnDsEf (New Post)

Hank
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM
:roll::roll: :roll:

mrbigshot1
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
:biggums:

MMM
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
WTF how are the Celtics spending all this money????

bagelred
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

:roll:

Derka
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Jesus Jumping Shitballs...I was thinking a one year deal with a team option if Jeff delivers and shows that the heart thing is well and in the past. Jeff should have to prove he's worth a longer term deal. $10 million per after open heart surgery though? Not too warm to that.

Maybe the deal is backloaded and he'll be making less in these first two seasons...

Fiasco
$1 million for every time he does a left handed layup using his right foot.

HylianNightmare
where the hell are they getting all this cash?

All Net
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
He's obviously talented and young but he has just come out a possible life saving op yet wants a long term deal worth 10 million a year thats just crazy to me.

Wavy Crockett
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I hope Jeff green tears it up can't wait was one of my favs was really disappointed when he didn't play last season and was worried he wouldn't come back.

Qwyjibo
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
He wasn't even worth that when he was healthy. He just played a ton of minutes which made his counting stats seem respectable.

This would be the worst contract so far this offseason.

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
That does seem kind of high, and long... But who knows what Boston knows about him?

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
He wasn't even worth that when he was healthy. He just played a ton of minutes which made his counting stats seem respectable.

This would be the worst contract so far this offseason.

Tie for the Landry contract, imo, followed by the 4 year offer to Crawford.

blacknapalm
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM

:lol dat footwork and i agree with you about the landry contract being about as equally bad for worst offseason contract

50inchvertical
07-05-2012, 09:09 PM

This would be the worst contract so far this offseason.Not worst than Batum's IMO. Jeff has shot ~40% from 3, averaged 17 and 6 in this league. It could be alarming that his stats have regressed since his sophomore yr, but that's just going from a starter on a young team to a backup on a veteran laden one

maybeshewill13
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Lmfao.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
This offseason is weird.

GOBB
Green aint getting that deal. His agent sniffing cocaine.

That does seem kind of high, and long... But who knows what Boston knows about him?

:roll: Get the f*ck out of here. What could Boston possibly know? He wasnt 4yrs $40mil when he was healthy. They cried to the league about OKC witholding heart issue information to get compensation out of them. And then you tell me Boston knows something we all dont. What after surgery he became a Super hero? Come on dude, stop. You said it yourself. Seems high. Seems long. Because you know what? It is. Period.

Celtic_Pride

BlackVVaves
:facepalm

irondarts
07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

GM's still throwing out ridiculously bad contracts.

TDownpour
07-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Not worst than Batum's IMO. Jeff has shot ~40% from 3, averaged 17 and 6 in this league. It could be alarming that his stats have regressed since his sophomore yr, but that's just going from a starter on a young team to a backup on a veteran laden one

Boston is not a good fit for him. Simple and plain

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 09:13 PM
:roll: Get the f*ck out of here. What could Boston possibly know? He wasnt 4yrs $40mil when he was healthy. They cried to the league about OKC witholding heart issue information to get compensation out of them. And then you tell me Boston knows something we all dont. What after surgery he became a Super hero? Come on dude, stop. You said it yourself. Seems high. Seems long. Because you know what? It is. Period.

And what did you just say that I didn't?

Qwyjibo
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Not worst than Batum's IMO. Jeff has shot ~40% from 3, averaged 17 and 6 in this league. It could be alarming that his stats have regressed since his sophomore yr, but that's just going from a starter on a young team to a backup on a veteran laden one
Again, take a look at how many minutes it took him to get that 17 & 6. Getting those #'s in 36+ minutes is not even close to impressive.

Green had one year where he shot well from 3pt but career-wise he's only 34%. He was never much of a player. He just happened to play huge minutes which gave him the opportunity to rack up some #'s.

I would give Batum the max 100 times before ever giving Green this contract.

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe he's amazing in workouts? Whatever, not my money. It's apparent the Cs have committed to maximizing the win potential for the next 2-3 years and aren't concerned with what happens after that, so the only time Green possibly being overpaid will matter is in the final one or two years.

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I've had the same surgery and haven't had any difference in health as a result of it, not a doctor obviously but just some input.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't see it. Never mind the fact that $10m this year would not leave us room to sign both Allen and Terry, Danny isn't that stupid.

d.bball.guy
07-05-2012, 09:22 PM

Did the Celtics get millions from that Miguel Pietrus thread?

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

EricGordon23
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I've had the same surgery and haven't had any difference in health as a result of it, not a doctor obviously but just some input.

Yeah but can you prove your not a doctor?

BallsOut
If this is the reason they don't have enough money to sign Ray this offseason, then Ainge should go **** himself. Stupid move when the kid hasn't done anything for your franchise but be injured every year.

GOBB
And what did you just say that I didn't?

"Who knows what Boston knows about him?"

Stupid ass statement implying maybe just maybe Boston knows things we fans dont know for why they could consider such a moronic deal. Dont play stupid.

GOBB
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Maybe he's amazing in workouts? Whatever, not my money. It's apparent the Cs have committed to maximizing the win potential for the next 2-3 years and aren't concerned with what happens after that, so the only time Green possibly being overpaid will matter is in the final one or two years.

:roll: Whatever nothing. Just call it how you see it. Ridiculous contract if it is offered. Period.

Real Men Wear Green
If this is the reason they don't have enough money to sign Ray this offseason, then Ainge should go **** himself. Stupid move when the kid hasn't done anything for your franchise but be injured every year.
FYI, the Celtics are offering Ray Allen more money than the Heat. They could offer him more still but there's a limit to the amount you should be offering to a guy you are going to make your second-string two-guard. There is a lot of respect for what Allen did, #17 doesn't happen without him but business is business.

CelticBaller
Every year? he only missed a season calm down

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 09:29 PM
He isn't a unknown rookie that had phenomenal workouts for the celtics, close door. Everybody knows what the celtics knows about Jeff Green.

I wouldn't be surprised if he 1 year from now, nobody thinks $10 mil is too much.

flipogb
07-05-2012, 09:32 PM
obviously the surgery turned him into an awesome basketball playing cyborg whose sole purpose is to beat the Heat

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Boston Celtics cap space after signing KG to 11 million deal: 17 mill

Jeff Green - 10 mill
Brandon Bass - 7 mill
Jason Terry - 5 mill

That's 22 mill. They're 5 mill over the cap without resigning Ray Allen. My thoughts were they were going to stay underneath the cap. It looks like they don't mind going over it. Does this mean they are still going to make Allen his offer?

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
He isn't a unknown rookie that had phenomenal workouts for the celtics, close door. Everybody knows what the celtics knows about Jeff Green.

I wouldn't be surprised if he 1 year from now, nobody thinks $10 mil is too much.
The only way that he can actually live up to his contract is if he can beat Pierce at the starting lineup, avg around 18 points with 6 rebs and taking the celtics past the 1st round

Right now this is a WTF move by the celtics

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 09:36 PM
:roll: Whatever nothing. Just call it how you see it. Ridiculous contract if it is offered. Period.
Rashard Lewis getting 100 million is ridiculous. Put it in perspective, he'll be a 26 year-old versatile forward giving you 13-15 ppg off the bench. You get his prime years, so there's a chance you see a little improvement and with your starting forwards being old he's extending their careers and/or stepping into the starting line-up whenever they may need a few games to heal up (and hopefully just that). I'd say he's a starter-caliber player making star money. Overpaid but we've seen several worse deals.

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Jeff Green - 10 mill
Brandon Bass - 7 mill
Jason Terry - 5 mill

That's 22 mill. They're 5 mill over the cap without resigning Ray Allen. My thoughts were they were going to stay underneath the cap. It looks like they don't mind going over it. Does this mean they are still going to make Allen his offer?
Means the celtics pretty much have their roster complete, they're only waiting for ray to make his decision

Man KG will be at the 5 :(

Derka
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I can't for a second believe that there are teams all over the league begging Jeff Green to take $10 million a year after open heart surgery and an ineffective half-season in Boston.

All Net
07-05-2012, 09:40 PM

Jeff Green - 10 mill
Brandon Bass - 7 mill
Jason Terry - 5 mill

No doubt they will.

It's clear Boston will go with this crew until the wheels do come off.

GOBB
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Rashard Lewis getting 100 million is ridiculous. Put it in perspective, he'll be a 26 year-old versatile forward giving you 13-15 ppg off the bench. You get his prime years, so there's a chance you see a little improvement and with your starting forwards being old he's extending their careers and/or stepping into the starting line-up whenever they may need a few games to heal up (and hopefully just that). I'd say he's a starter-caliber player making star money. Overpaid but we've seen several worse deals.

Dude shut the hell up. Dont mention what Rashard Lewis got to downplay overpaying a guy coming off heart surgery. A guy when healthy didnt even look to be a 4yr $40mil player. Stop it.

Omar Asik could get a 4yr $52mil offer from someone. And I'll simply say "Hey Rashard Lewis got $100mil. So yeah its overpaid but turn your attention to what Shard got. :eek: That'll make you forget how much you're taking it up the ass for Asik."

I know you're a Boston fan. But damn is it hard to simply say "Ridiculous deal.". Really? You got to spin it? Then pour baby powder over the turd and sell me it doesnt stink as bad as if powder wasnt on it? Dude its still a turd!

Celtic_Pride
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM

Jeff Green - 10 mill
Brandon Bass - 7 mill
Jason Terry - 5 mill

Celtics won't mind going over the cap. They had the highest payroll last season. Terry gets full MLE which doesnt count towards the 58 million cap. They can go over the cap and resign Bass, Ray because of bird rights

But I am hoping that Green's deal is 2 years!

50inchvertical
07-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I can't for a second believe that there are teams all over the league begging Jeff Green to take $10 million a year after open heart surgery and an ineffective half-season in Boston.
Not for 10, but I would love to have him back in okc, for like 7.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Celtics won't mind going over the cap. They had the highest payroll last season. Terry gets full MLE which doesnt count towards the 58 million cap. They can go over the cap and resign Bass, Ray because of bird rights

But I am hoping that Green's deal is 2 years!

Ray Allen is a restricted free agent?

Eat Like A Bosh
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
That's still a gamble for the Cs after what just happened

Celtic_Pride
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Ray Allen is a restricted free agent?

No but the Cs have his bird rights which means they can go over the cap to resign him!

Raz
07-05-2012, 09:46 PM
That's a horrible deal. He better be putting up some prime Reggie Lewis stats.

Landry Fields and Jeff Green stealing money out there!

Reverend Hoops
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Danny Ainge thought Green was James Harden

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Dude shut the hell up. Dont mention what Rashard Lewis got to downplay overpaying a guy coming off heart surgery. A guy when healthy didnt even look to be a 4yr $40mil player. Stop it.You ask my opinion, I give it to you, and then you tell me to shut up? Don't be an idiot. "When healthy" Green has averaged 16 points. I'm not sure that he'll even be in the top 50 for salaries. This is why we need the perspective you so clearly don't care for.

I know you're a Boston fan. But damn is it hard to simply say "Ridiculous deal.". Really? You got to spin it? Then pour baby powder over the turd and sell me it doesnt stink as bad as if powder wasnt on it? Dude its still a turd!
You can eat the turd for all I care. That's my opinion, don't want it? Don't ask for it.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
No but the Cs have his bird rights which means they can go over the cap to resign him!

I see

bagelred
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Danny Ainge must have some fetish for this guy.

Wait....the Celtics?........maybe its because his last name is Green.......

:coleman:

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Danny Ainge must have some fetish for this guy.

Wait....the Celtics?........maybe its because his last name is Green.......

:coleman:
We traded Gerald Green :coleman:

But I do agree Danny has some obsession, hopefully it turns out all good like Rondo's, but fvck 40 million? :biggums:

GOBB
07-05-2012, 09:59 PM
You ask my opinion, I give it to you, and then you tell me to shut up? Don't be an idiot. "When healthy" Green has averaged 16 points. I'm not sure that he'll even be in the top 50 for salaries. This is why we need the perspective you so clearly don't care for.

You can eat the turd for all I care. That's my opinion, don't want it? Don't ask for it.

Dumbass homer.

50inchvertical
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Again, take a look at how many minutes it took him to get that 17 & 6. Getting those #'s in 36+ minutes is not even close to impressive.

Green had one year where he shot well from 3pt but career-wise he's only 34%. He was never much of a player. He just happened to play huge minutes which gave him the opportunity to rack up some #'s.

I would give Batum the max 100 times before ever giving Green this contract.
We're not even talking about 2 guys getting the same pay though. Batum is getting offered MORE, and is a career 10ppg. He averaged 14 and 4 last season. He isn't better than JG, aside from any trepidation you might have about his heart surgery.

Batum needs a heart transplant his damn self

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Dumbass homer.
I'm not going to stay up all night name-calling with you, so if you're done actually trying to debate I'm moving on.

Freedom Kid7
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
:biggums: Why are the Celtics doing this? He didn't even play last year due to an injury, and that alone is a red flag

DuMa
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/012011/situation-omg.gif

Blue&Orange
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Gotta say, as a Knick fan i'm positively delighted with big contracts being hand out left and right, more talent available for minimum contracts.

Qwyjibo
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
He averaged 14 and 4 last season. He isn't better than JG, aside from any trepidation you might have about his heart surgery.
Batum is absolutely better than Green. I can't even think of one aspect of basketball where Green would have the edge. Rebounding is about even when looking at rebounding percentages. Batum even has the edge in that he's younger and should have more potential.

Again, you are looking at his totals and not considering minutes, shot attempts and efficiency in general. Give many players 37 minutes per game and 13 shot attempts and they'll give you more than what Green did.

GOBB
07-05-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not going to stay up all night name-calling with you, so if you're done actually trying to debate I'm moving on.

Good, go to bed and take your moronic logic with you. Only a person with green blinders on would try to spin why Jeff Green coming off heart surgery getting 4yrs $40mil isnt that ridiculous. You even went as far as to bring up Rashard Lewis. Hilarious because that shows how much of big of a reach you went for.

niko
07-05-2012, 10:27 PM
It reminds me of the Wallace deal in that it's fair, it probably won't be terrible, and its probably $10M more than they needed to pay.

Raz
07-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Good, go to bed and take your moronic logic with you. Only a person with green blinders on would try to spin why Jeff Green coming off heart surgery getting 4yrs $40mil isnt that ridiculous. You even went as far as to bring up Rashard Lewis. Hilarious because that shows how much of big of a reach you went for.

Huge Celtic fan here - Jeff Green absolutely does not deserve this contract. He better beat Pierce out in training camp and average about 18 ppg.

b1imtf
07-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Hate this :rant :rant

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Good, go to bed and take your moronic logic with you. Only a person with green blinders on would try to spin why Jeff Green coming off heart surgery getting 4yrs $40mil isnt that ridiculous. You even went as far as to bring up Rashard Lewis. Hilarious because that shows how much of big of a reach you went for.I don't see anyone laughing at your jokes, maybe you should try harder. As it stands a guy that maybe is worth 8 mil per could now be getting 10. That's about all that's going on here. If we see some important FA signing down the line that the Cs miss out on over this deal then it will matter to me but until then? "It's not my money."

It reminds me of the Wallace deal in that it's fair, it probably won't be terrible, and its probably $10M more than they needed to pay.
See? I'm not so far out in left field.

wally_world
07-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Was hoping he signs for a year plays badly and rejoins OKC as KD's backup next year :D

code green
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM

He's talking about taking 1/4 of his contract away, which is a huge difference. I'm with everyone else on this one, don't see the need to bring this guy back for that kind of money....even healthy.

GOBB
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't see anyone laughing at your jokes, maybe you should try harder.

Who is here trying to do stand up and enterain the crowd? You're the clown juggling balls and dropping them making us laugh. :confusedshrug:

See what? A thread where most people are :no: the deal. And even Celtics fans are :biggums: the deal? Oh ok. Yeah. Far out.

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
He's talking about taking 1/4 of his contract away, which is a huge difference. I'm with everyone else on this one, don't see the need to bring this guy back for that kind of money....even healthy.
And I said he may be worth 8 and is making 10, which is 1/5. It's not that big of a difference. The way I view it, unless this keeps the Cs from making some big signing I have no reason to care. With the deals Ainge has handed out this offseason I doubt the Cs would have had major cap space for years anyhow. So I'm not going to stress over whether or not one guy is getting 2 or 3 mil per more than his market value.

Raz
07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't see anyone laughing at your jokes, maybe you should try harder. As it stands a guy that maybe is worth 8 mil per could now be getting 10. That's about all that's going on here. If we see some important FA signing down the line that the Cs miss out on over this deal then it will matter to me but until then? "It's not my money."

You're way wrong. Green should have received a 2 year/ $12 million contract wit ha player option on the 2nd year. He needs to prove that he's healthy.

What are we gonna do next? Sign Chris Wilcox to a 4 year contract for $5 million per?

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
You're way wrong. Green should have received a 2 year/ $12 million contract wit ha player option on the 2nd year. He needs to prove that he's healthy.

What are we gonna do next? Sign Chris Wilcox to a 4 year contract for $5 million per?
I'm not a doctor. Are you? If the Cs docs did a thorough examination of his heart health post-op and said the problem is dealt with then why should I be concerned with it? Proving heart health is only done by not having further heart problems. Figuring that out is the domain of the medical experts, not us.

Raz
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm not a doctor. Are you? If the Cs docs did a thorough examination of his heart health post-op and said the problem is dealt with then why should I be concerned with it? Proving heart health is only done by not having further heart problems. Figuring that out is the domain of the medical experts, not us.

He averaged 9.8 ppg and 3.3 rpg for us. He should have been forced into summer league.

It's not even about his health, that's a secondary matter. Do you believe based on performance so far that Green deserves $10 million a year for 4 years? If not, do you honestly believe he deserves $8 million a year for 4 years?

I'm a fan of Jeff Green, but he does not deserve this contract at all. KG is on a bargain basement contract now in comparison.

Hey, maybe we're going to amnesty Pierce. That would make some sense, more so than paying our 2 small forwards a combined $26 million, when neither will be an all-star in 12-13

Real Men Wear Green
07-05-2012, 10:59 PM
He averaged 9.8 ppg and 3.3 rpg for us. He should have been forced into summer league.
He came off the bench on a new team for 26 games. I highly doubt that's all he's capable of.

It's not even about his health, that's a secondary matter. Do you believe based on performance so far that Green deserves $10 million a year for 4 years? If not, do you honestly believe he deserves $8 million a year for 4 years? He could have got that year as a FA if he was on the market after his second season.

I'm a fan of Jeff Green, but he does not deserve this contract at all. KG is on a bargain basement contract now in comparison.
KG will be worth the first year, maybe the second, probably not the third. To me this is all a part of Ainge's decision to try to win now and then rebuild the team in two or three years (and in three years, Green will be a 10+ mil expirer).

Hey, maybe we're going to amnesty Pierce. That would make some sense, more so than paying our 2 small forwards a combined $26 million, when neither will be an all-star in 12-13
I would bet almost an amount of money that Pierce isn't going to get amnestied. That really makes no sense. He's got two years left and they signed KG for three, which means they're trying to win right now. Pierce was just an All-Star and if he keeps up last season's production he could be one again this year.

Celtic_Pride
07-05-2012, 11:06 PM
People need to calm down

I don't think this is the final deal. Wait until someone like Woj/Spears reports this

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
celtics saved all that money to just give it to green?

DStebb716
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM

Wait what? That's the proper foot.

PP34Deuce
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
That contract is giving him what they think he can become. I know he doesnt have a lot of supporters but

Jeff Green right now is a 16 ppg 7 rebound athletic SF tailor made for todays game. He showed he can be a good 3 point shooter.

Hes a legit 6'8 guy that can play SF effectively and play PF in small ball.

Over paying yes, but if health things are ok, dont be surprised to see Green averaging 21-22 and 8-9 boards with good defense on good percentages.

brandonislegend
07-05-2012, 11:43 PM
That contract is giving him what they think he can become. I know he doesnt have a lot of supporters but

Jeff Green right now is a 16 ppg 7 rebound athletic SF tailor made for todays game. He showed he can be a good 3 point shooter.

Over paying yes, but if health things are ok, dont be surprised to see Green averaging 21-22 and 8-9 boards with good defense on good percentages.

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2012, 11:43 PM

:oldlol: Absurd projections. Jeff Green is just a slightly better version of Ryan Gomes.

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
green will avg 13/6

Hank
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
lol come on Jeff Green sucks

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 11:51 PM
:oldlol: Absurd projections. Jeff Green is just a slightly better version of Ryan Gomes.

Damn that's cold :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
07-06-2012, 01:16 AM

First off, Jeff Green is capable of 21-22ppg 8 rebounds...

The last couple of years in OKC he was a 15-16ppg 7 rebound player. thats his floor right now which is a solid above average NBA player. If you notice he always shoots 48% and above field goal wise. Even in Boston he carefully chose when to score and still was like close ot 50% shooting.

Hes not Ryan Gomes, Green is more athletic and built diff. Gomes was a bulkier wide undersized PF. Green is an ideal sized SF in todays game.

I feel for his heart situation, but his legs and shot arent gone. in 2 years Jeff Green will be an outside allstar caliber player.

blacknapalm
07-06-2012, 01:47 AM
21-22/8? the only SF's to do that last season were durant and james

Fiasco
07-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Damn that's cold :oldlol:

Wow, no one deserves that comparison. Not even Ryan Gomes.

ihatetimthomas
07-06-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm with GOBB on this one. If this is true, this is a really ridiculous contract. You are going to pay a guy 10mil over 4 years on a guy coming off heart surgery AND he hasnt even played ball in a year? Sounds dumb to me and there is no rationalizing it. If he was getting this on any other team other than the Celtics RMWG would not be defending it so much. How can you rationalize a long term deal with that amount of money on a guy who had a serious surgery and hasn't proven himself? You can say all you want about the Boston doctor's know more and this is true. But he is being way overpaid.

Qwyjibo
07-06-2012, 02:23 AM
First off, Jeff Green is capable of 21-22ppg 8 rebounds...
Absolutely. Green just needs to play 48 minutes per game and he can get close to that.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-06-2012, 03:05 AM
How much can they afford to pay Allen then?

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 03:08 AM
How much can they afford to pay Allen then?
we can go over the cap, we have bird rights

AK47DR91
07-06-2012, 04:12 AM
WTF how are the Celtics spending all this money????
I think most of it will be in the 3rd and 4th year when Pierce is off the book.

Pay Green little the first two years and see how he does.

The Ownage
07-06-2012, 07:43 AM
There's simply no way you can defend this contract. I can see Green being a very talented player but not enough to warrant a contract like that. Overpaying is one thing, giving a 4 year contract with his heart condition? Absurd. I don't know why some people are defending this deal.

Derka
07-06-2012, 07:48 AM
we can go over the cap, we have bird rights
However, in order to offer Jason Terry the max on a mid-level exception, we need to stay under $74 million in total payroll for the season.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 09:03 AM
If Green is healthy and ready to go, then I dont think that this contract is too unreasonable. Its on the high end but $10 milion per is not too much. Green is a multi-talented player and I honestly think that we haven't seen the best of him. He was playing out of position in OKC and had only 1/3 of a season to try and adjust in Boston. He has all-star potential imo.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM
There's simply no way you can defend this contract. I can see Green being a very talented player but not enough to warrant a contract like that. Overpaying is one thing, giving a 4 year contract with his heart condition? Absurd. I don't know why some people are defending this deal.

Couple drunk celtic homers.

Pushxx
07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Green is worth 7 million. Considering today's crazy NBA, he will get 8-10 million.

Not that surprising.

LOGoods7
07-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I thought Celtics should've drafted PJIII because he probably has at least Jeff Green potential and I thought that Green would demand around $7 mil per year...but 10 mil?!?! That's money that could be used on acquiring a decent center instead of a rookie center.

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Couple drunk celtic homers.

NOBODY IS SAYING THIS IS A GREAT DEAL.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I thought Celtics should've drafted PJIII because he probably has at least Jeff Green potential and I thought that Green would demand around $7 mil per year...but 10 mil?!?! That's money that could be used on acquiring a decent center instead of a rookie center.
with our luck, drafting 2 injured players would be like throwing rocks at the moon

Rooster
07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I highly doubt this is true.:no: :no:

Pointguard
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Shouldn't this mean OKC gets their pick back?

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Shouldn't this mean OKC gets their pick back?
The pick was awarded because OKC "hid" the condition. Just because he's back doesn't mean the condition never happened

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I heard that Ainge is negotiating more along the lines of 4years/$32 million. I guess we'll see....

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
NOBODY IS SAYING THIS IS A GREAT DEAL.

Your reading and comprehension skills are terrible. Wow. Sad really

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I heard that Ainge is negatiating more along the lines of 4years/$32 million. I guess we'll see....
he's prob getting around 7 million

Raz
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I heard that Ainge is negatiating more along the lines of 4years/$32 million. I guess we'll see....

Ainge logged into his RMWG account last night and saw all the negative reactions, and decided to try and renegotiate.

Raz
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Your reading and comprehension skills are terrible. Wow. Sad really

Who are you directing your insults at?

All Celtic fans I can see are agreeing with you - just RMWG (Get Buckets) is trying to justify paying Green that money.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Who are you directing your insults at?

All Celtic fans I can see are agreeing with you - just RMWG (Get Buckets) is trying to justify paying Green that money.

Yeah RMWG and JohnnySic. They are defending the deal and the poster I quoted said "I dont see how anyone could defend it" and I mentioned drunk homers. Which those two are. Other celtic fans have been reasonable. Not insulting them.

Not sure what that Professor guy is crying about. Then again he said "maybe Boston knows something we don't know" as to say there could be good reason to offer such a deal. Which is laughable. Guess I can insult him as well. The rest are cool with me.

Shade8780
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I heard that Ainge is negotiating more along the lines of 4years/$32 million. I guess we'll see....
Ah, that's a relief. Much better :D

Raz
07-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah RMWG and JohnnySic. They are defending the deal and the poster I quoted said "I dont see how anyone could defend it" and I mentioned drunk homers. Which those two are. Other celtic fans have been reasonable. Not insulting them.

Cool. JohnnySic is usually either off-base, or free-basing. His opinion is worth a grain of salt, but his enthusiasm rocks.

Not sure what that Professor guy is crying about. Then again he said "maybe Boston knows something we don't know" as to say there could be good reason to offer such a deal. Which is laughable. Guess I can insult him as well. The rest are cool with me.

"maybe Boston knows something we don't know"

Jeff Green learned to defend power forwards and can now score efficiently? They replaced his heart with Rudy's heart? During surgry they replaced his bones with Adamantium? He sat on the toilet recently and Len Bias' ghost entered him 6th man style?

If any of those things happened, I like the deal.

Killbot
07-06-2012, 12:39 PM
WTF Ainge? I expected a one year (or maybe 2 year deal). 4 years?! 40 million?!

If it's 4 year 32 million, that's still pricey.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah RMWG and JohnnySic. They are defending the deal and the poster I quoted said "I dont see how anyone could defend it" and I mentioned drunk homers.
The deal at $8-10 million per isn't that bad. Its market value. Batum got $11.1 m per, Richard Jefferson gets $10.2 m per, Stephen Jackson $10.1 m per, Marvin Williams $8.3 m per; no one is going to tell me that those guys are better than Green.

Andre Igoudala makes $14.7 m per and he is not 50% better than Green.

Raz
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Andre Igoudala makes $14.7 m per and he is not 50% better than Green.

I would take 1 x Iguodala to 1.5 x Green every... single... time.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I would take 1 x Iguodala to 1.5 x Green every... single... time.
Not sure what you're basing that on. Thier career stats are basically identical, and Green is younger and 3 inches taller....

niko
07-06-2012, 12:53 PM
The fact he is coming off heart surgery and in his limited time in Boston looked lost makes the deal a little puzzling. Less years and $ will get it done. But it's not going to kill Boston if its bigger, so whatever. Strange if nothing else...

Raz
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Not sure what you're basing that on. Thier career stats are basically identical, and Green is younger and 3 inches taller....

It's not all about size, it's about what you do with it. Iguodala is a lock down defender. Iguodala is a great passer. Iguodala is a more consistent scoring threat, and he doesn't require someone setting him up.

Have you watched both of these guys?

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I hate Iggy as all on ISH is aware of. But there is no way on earth Jeff Green is better than Iguodala. None. Get a clue JohnnyUsicF*ck

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Have you watched both of these guys?
Yes I've seen plenty of both. They are different but the result isn't that far apart and if anything favors Green.

People are unfair judging Green, coveniently overlooking the fact that he played out of position and deferred to Durant (and Westbrook) during his entire OKC tenure. Given starter's minutes I see him as an all-star caliber 20 ppg scorer. He can create his own shot and has range out to 3-point territory.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I hate Iggy as all on ISH is aware of. But there is no way on earth Jeff Green is better than Iguodala. None. Get a clue JohnnyUsicF*ck
He certainly isn't 1.5 times better....

niko
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
And coming off serious heart problems and looked totally lost away from OKC.

Raz
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
People are unfair judging Green, coveniently overlooking the fact that he played out of position and deferred to Durant (and Westbrook) during his entire OKC tenure. Given starter's minutes I see him as an all-star caliber 20 ppg scorer. He can create his own shot and has range out to 3-point territory.

I'm sure he can do those things, on a losing team.

Raz
07-06-2012, 01:04 PM

If the 76ers called Boston tomorrow and asked to swap Iguodala for Green, Johnson and Joseph, Danny would piss his pants.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 01:08 PM

I don't know what 1.5 times better means but hat does Green do better than Iggy? If all you have is "defend Pf better" then have a glass of STFU on the rocks. Jeff Green does nothing better than Iggy. Not a better scorer, passer, playmaker, defender. Hes not even a better rebounder and he is bigger than Iggy. Just shut up. If green was in Philly and Iggy was in Boston you'd retype what I have if I said green is better.

Droid101
07-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't know what 1.5 times better means but hat does Green do better than Iggy? If all you have is "defend Pf better" then have a glass of STFU on the rocks. Jeff Green does nothing better than Iggy. Not a better scorer, passer, playmaker, defender. Hes not even a better rebounder and he is bigger than Iggy. Just shut up. If green was in Philly and Iggy was in Boston you'd retype what I have if I said green is better.
Why do you even respond to that troll? It only feeds him to post more stupid shit.

Qwyjibo
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Given starter's minutes I see him as an all-star caliber 20 ppg scorer.
So the 37 minutes per game that he got before wasn't enough?

He can create his own shot and has range out to 3-point territory.I'm sure he can. He just won't actually make many of those shots.

I'm so confused as to what Jeff Green these people watched to think he has this kind of potential. Is it still people holding onto the fact that he was a 5th pick? He really hasn't been anything more than a solid rotation player. I wouldn't want him starting if my goal is to create a good team.

Raz
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm so confused as to what Jeff Green these people watched to think he has this kind of potential. Is it still people holding onto the fact that he was a 5th pick? He really hasn't been anything more than a solid rotation player. I wouldn't want him starting if my goal is to create a good team.

He is the rich man's version of Patrick Ewing Jr, which is not actually a rich man at all.

kNIOKAS
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I can make a case for Green over Igoudala: better bball IQ and not forcing shit when asked not to.
:cheers:

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
And TBH having Durant and Westbrook shotjacking kinda lowered his PPG, he could of averaged around 25 with those minutes if they were actually looking for him to score

GOBB
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
So Jeff Green is now a 25ppg capable scorer. Stop. You make yourself look bad. Especially when you were b!tching at the rumored 4yr $40mil figure thrown out.

I can make a case for Green over Igoudala: better bball IQ and not forcing shit when asked not to.
:cheers:

Riiiight because Iguodala forcses sh!t when not asked too. :rolleyes:

Explain better bball IQ. Like to hear this.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
You will see soon enough, if Green really is back to full strength.

Why do you even respond to that troll? It only feeds him to post more stupid shit.
If you're gonna call me a troll I'll call myself the best poster on ISH since I arrived 10 years ago. Which would a LOT closer to the truth.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he scored 15-17 a game on good shooting. And if he can do that then the contract isn't too bad.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm so confused as to what Jeff Green these people watched to think he has this kind of potential.
He averaged 16/6 while playing with Durant and Westbrook dominating the ball. Also, once again, while playing out of position. Put Rudy Gay or Danny Granger (2 comparable players to Green) in that situation and they would put up similar numbers. Heck, even Paul Pierce would do about the same. Is Igoudala better than PP too? :durantunimpressed:

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 01:51 PM
So Jeff Green is now a 25ppg capable scorer. Stop. You make yourself look bad. Especially when you were b!tching at the rumored 4yr $40mil figure thrown out.

Riiiight because Iguodala forcses sh!t when not asked too. :rolleyes:

Explain better bball IQ. Like to hear this.
Hey idiot, I said he could avg 25 PPG on those minutes Qwyjibo posted if it wasn't for the offense being based around Westbrook and Durant shotjacking, On a bad Fg%? Probably, knowing he isn't a scorer himself

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2012, 01:52 PM

Show me one person that said, "F*ck yeah! We really got a good deal here!"

I said, 'Maybe Boston knows something we don't?' Odds are they do, they've had contact with him, we haven't. Who knows what they know? That doesn't mean I said, "He's throwing down 3 point line dunks in private workouts."

GOBB
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey idiot, I said he could avg 25 PPG on those minutes Qwyjibo posted if it wasn't for the offense being based around Westbrook and Durant shotjacking, On a bad Fg%? Probably, knowing he ins't a scorer himself

And I'm telling you NO he couldnt idiot. Unless he was back in college. Unfortunately thats not the case now is it? Green is not a great scorer. He's not great at anything. Remove Westbrook/Durant and have Green play those 37mpg and give him the green light? He wouldnt do 25ppg. Its not even in his got damn game. I hate fans that think you give a player x minutes, y shot attempts and they will most certain avg z ppg. It dont work that way. Jeff Green doesnt even get to the FT line enough as well.

Andre Iguodala couldnt avg 25ppg and neither could Jeff Green. Period.

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 01:56 PM
dam GOBB vs. Celtics fan base still goin at it :lol

GOBB
07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Show me one person that said, "F*ck yeah! We really got a good deal here!"

No need, all I have to show you is posters defending the deal. And then once again copy and paste the poster I replied too that said...

You should probably give up at this point.

I said, 'Maybe Boston knows something we don't?' Odds are they do, they've had contact with him, we haven't. Who knows what they know? That doesn't mean I said, "He's throwing down 3 point line dunks in private workouts."

What could they possibly know more about Green that we dont know? If it isnt basketball related then what is there? Green has a new found outlook on life? I didnt know that, Boston did! Green changed his diet? I didnt know that, Boston did! Green has a new twitter account. I didnt know he even had one to begin with, Boston did. Green has longer lasting erections? I didnt know that nor do I care too, but got damnit Boston did!

Jeff Green working up a sweat in workouts? If this was the draft maybe your argument means something. Alas, its not. Its Jeff Green, whom we have an idea of. A guy who isnt great at any particular area of basketball. At best he is good, solid. So hey Jeff Green worked out real hard for Boston and didnt pass out. So they know he should be able to play in an NBA game. Oh crap, thats something I didnt know. :biggums:

Raz
07-06-2012, 02:03 PM
dam GOBB vs. Celtics fan base still goin at it :lol

In GOBB's defense, the guys arguing with him are dunces*

*Professor Murder is a good poster, smart guy - not included. JohnnySic is the ultimate good job, good effort guy.

Johnny, I've been here for 10 years as well, maybe 11...

cedricceballos
TheReturnofCed
attractiveblonde
Indiana Rule
Tom Selleck
CED
ISH
marykateandashlee
Damar
Senor Cedric
Rondo2Hondo

I feel like I'm forgetting some.

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2012, 02:24 PM
No need, all I have to show you is posters defending the deal. And then once again copy and paste the poster I replied too that said...

You should probably give up at this point.

What could they possibly know more about Green that we dont know? If it isnt basketball related then what is there? Green has a new found outlook on life? I didnt know that, Boston did! Green changed his diet? I didnt know that, Boston did! Green has a new twitter account. I didnt know he even had one to begin with, Boston did. Green has longer lasting erections? I didnt know that nor do I care too, but got damnit Boston did!

Jeff Green working up a sweat in workouts? If this was the draft maybe your argument means something. Alas, its not. Its Jeff Green, whom we have an idea of. A guy who isnt great at any particular area of basketball. At best he is good, solid. So hey Jeff Green worked out real hard for Boston and didnt pass out. So they know he should be able to play in an NBA game. Oh crap, thats something I didnt know. :biggums:

Nobody is praising the deal, yet you think everbody here is creaming themselves over it. Nobody is at all. People are just accepting it because we have to. Nobody thinks it was a steal, nobody is saying he's 100% worth the money, nobody is saying he's played well enough to get that money. They threw him a comparable deal to a few other guys to ensure he comes back, that's f*cking it. If people are inflating potential numbers that he could put up, it's because they're rationalizing a deal and hoping he gets better.

Stop the presses! People want to hope the team they support did something right!

So you think a new outlook on life, new diet, changed work ethic, spent hours watching tape, valuing different things, a different approach to the game, etc, etc, are all totally unrelated things that don't make a person who they are?

The team knows more about him than some d-bag from Philly, plain and simple. Whether that has anything to do with basketball is beside the point. My sentence had nothing to do with basketball, just the knowledge of him on a personal level.

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
In GOBB's defense, the guys arguing with him are dunces*

*Professor Murder is a good poster, smart guy - not included.

Thanks, I'm just bored and feel like arguing semantics :oldlol:

GOBB
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
You typed all that to say what exactly? A whole bunch of nothing. :roll:

Its a fact there were posters in this thread defending the deal. A poster chimes in and says why are people defending the deal (RMWG, JohnnySic) and I say they are Celtics homers. Oops, drunk Celtics homers.

CED, can you make sense out of what Professor is babbling about here? Because nothing he is saying has nothing to do with what I've said. In fact CED you replied to a Celtics fan who DEFENDED THIS DEAL. And you were on my side. Maybe you can talk to Professor Babble and make sense of what he wants to really say. I dont know why posters type a bunch of text that says nothing.

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah way too high for someone who hasnt played a game since 2011.

Raz
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Nobody is praising the deal, yet you think everbody here is creaming themselves over it. Nobody is at all. People are just accepting it because we have to.

Who says we have to?

We can tar and feather him at games. We can hold up signs of Reggie and Jeff and say the wrong one died... no, that's too far, my apologies.

You are arguing semantics with GOBB, and at the end of the day it's a bad idea, because you're not really arguing anything specific. You're both just going back and forth wasting each other's time.

Raz
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
In fact CED you replied to a Celtics fan who DEFENDED THIS DEAL. And you were on my side.

To ISH forum users:
For future reference, if GOBB and I agree, that means you're probably wrong. I can't remember ever siding with GOBB on anything.

blood yes
07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Don't worry guys, GOBB doesn't agree on anything. I remember back in 2007, when GOBB wouldn't give ANY praise after Lebron scored 48 against the Pistons in the playoffs, claiming that "The game should have never went to overtime if Lebron played well" :roll:

PP34Deuce
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Ive watched plenty of jeff green and this is what I see the guy can do...

-He can rebound- prime Green can get 8 boards if he always been at 6.5-7 rebounds a game
- He can score. Green showed hes capable of knocking down the 3, He can get to the basket average, but the guy has got a very good developing post game on 2's and smaller 3's.
- Green is a legit 6'8 and about 230-235. Hes got perfect build to match up on todays lengthy tall SFs in the league.
- Green has a high IQ and is actually pretty good passer even showed flashes in Boston.

I am not saying hes worth 10 million, but people act like hes a scrub. His floor right now is 16ppg and 6-7 rebounds with 2 assists on good percentages... Thats a damn good floor.

Hes very unselfish and that may be what holds him back, but the guy has the tools to be a very good SF in the league

aj242
07-06-2012, 03:28 PM

Agreed.

aj242
07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Ive watched plenty of jeff green and this is what I see the guy can do...

-He can rebound- prime Green can get 8 boards if he always been at 6.5-7 rebounds a game
- He can score. Green showed hes capable of knocking down the 3, He can get to the basket average, but the guy has got a very good developing post game on 2's and smaller 3's.
- Green is a legit 6'8 and about 230-235. Hes got perfect build to match up on todays lengthy tall SFs in the league.
- Green has a high IQ and is actually pretty good passer even showed flashes in Boston.

I am not saying hes worth 10 million, but people act like hes a scrub. His floor right now is 16ppg and 6-7 rebounds with 2 assists on good percentages... Thats a damn good floor.

Hes very unselfish and that may be what holds him back, but the guy has the tools to be a very good SF in the league

Agreed.

PP34Deuce
07-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Agreed.

I do think if we were going to resign Bass, I would have drafted PJIII and melo. I think OKC got lucky as hell again because hes more athletic and his floor will be where Green is at.

Kujo
07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Never been all that impressed with Jeff Green's game. Seems like OKC couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He's not a scrub though, and I'd rather have him than Landry Fields.

This is too much money. :biggums: :confusedshrug:

UConnCeltics
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Boston doesn't want to give Perk money. Trade him and Robinson for Green and draft pick. Take Fab Melo (lol). Sign Jeff Green to a 40 million dollar contract.

Anyways, this offseason is going pretty good and if the Celtics win it all next year who cares. Green is a nice player and I think if he and Bradley were healthy then the Celtics would have been playing for the title. Bring back Ray with the addition of JET and Sullinger/Melo and the Celtics look pretty damn good.

bdreason
07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Green is a garbage tweener. Not even close to 10 mil material.

niko
07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd love to see johnnycsics posts if Knicks made this signing.

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 07:29 PM
^What the Knicks do isn't my concern.

I dont blindly support all the moves the Celtics make. For example, they overpaid for Jermaine O'Neal, I always thought that.

I think I've demonstrated earlier in the thread that $8-10 million is fair market value for a small forward of Green's caliber.