PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard > Kobe Bryant

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM
*Waits for people to give Kobe all the credit if they win a championship if they get Dwight Howard*

bump if necessary

takai
07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
:kobe: :facepalm

DetroitPistonFan
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Shaq > Dwyane Wade.

LelBron
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Shaq > Dwyane Wade.

http://i.imgur.com/8dNJV.jpg

Freedom Kid7
07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
:facepalm Oh God

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
:facepalm Oh God

dwight would clearly be the best player on the lakers and it's not even close

Levity
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Doctor Rivers
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/lelbron/media/grid

LakersReign
07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
*Waits for people to give Kobe all the credit if they win a championship if they get Dwight Howard*

bump if necessary

You mean like how all the "Heat" fans were trying to only give all the credit to Lebron for winning. When he couldn't and didn't win anything before coming to Miami?:facepalm

swag2011
07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
LOL Lakers don't even have Dwight and Kobe haters are coming out lol. What yall nervous for?

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Someone's nervous right now and some are fapping right now...:roll: :roll: :roll:

http://i46.tinypic.com/j9y1i1.jpg

Anyway, Kobe will be FMVP is Dwight comes regardless. Just like DWight is the best Center in the league so is Kobe the best SG in the league.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Shaq > Dwight > Wade (declined) = Pau (underrated) > Bynum = Bosh > Lamar Odom

LelBron
https://twitter.com/#!/lelbron/media/grid

That bastard! I upload all my work to my imgur account (http://imgur.com/a/eDIgU#0).

http://i.imgur.com/QbPOt.jpg

M.Bustly15A5RU8
You mean like how all the "Heat" fans were trying to only give all the credit to Lebron for winning. When he couldn't and didn't win anything before coming to Miami?:facepalm

at least he clearly is the best player on his team. dwight > kobe

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Someone's nervous right now and some are fapping right now...:roll: :roll: :roll:

http://i46.tinypic.com/j9y1i1.jpg

Anyway, Kobe will be FMVP is Dwight comes regardless. Just like DWight is the best Center in the league so is Kobe the best SG in the league.

dwight is a more impactful player than Kobe

who cares about FMVP if he chucks up a ridiculous amount of shots

dwight's rebounding, defensive presence, and efficient scoring > kobe's volume scoring

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Anyone who isn't some Kobe dick sucker already knows this. Too bad Kobe fans will treat Dwight like Bynum and say that he can't score without alley oops or without Kobe or something stupid like that.

Kobe in his prime was better but he is completely past it. Too bad Kobe fans are not updated these days.

Horde of Temujin
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Yao>dwight

Jacks3
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
oh they scared. :banana:

PickernRoller
07-05-2012, 11:39 PM
dwight is a more impactful player than Kobe

who cares about FMVP if he chucks up a ridiculous amount of shots

dwight's rebounding, defensive presence, and efficient scoring > kobe's volume scoring

When you consider Kobe a simple chuker there is nothing else to be argued. By that account he sucked all his life.....you nailed it thou :applause:

swag2011
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Kobe's been making these bitches mad since 96 haha!

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-05-2012, 11:46 PM
When you consider Kobe a simple chuker there is nothing else to be argued. By that account he sucked all his life.....you nailed it thou :applause:

nice straw man

the point is not that he sucked the point is that dwight howard > kobe bryant

and since kobe's perimeter defense is almost gone....there is a good gap between the two

RazorBaLade
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
nice straw man

the point is not that he sucked the point is that dwight howard > kobe bryant

and since kobe's perimeter defense is almost gone....there is a good gap between the two

Anyone who shoots 50% from the line and can't step up that percentage when it counts is a liability by himself on the team. Howard can't be anything more than a sidekick.

Cangri
07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Anyone who shoots 50% from the line and can't step up that percentage when it counts is a liability by himself on the team. Howard can't be anything more than a sidekick.
Because Shaq was a sidekick..

Jacks3
07-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Kobe is still far and away the better offensive player. His MUCH better passing/play-making alone puts him well above Dwight.

LakersReign
07-06-2012, 12:00 AM
at least he clearly is the best player on his team. dwight > kobe

You do realize that you just agreed with me that you're an OBVIOUS hypocrite, saying that Laker fans are supposedly going to give all the credit for winning to Kobe if they get Howard. While doing the same thing with Lebron and Wade on the Heat....right?:applause:

OOPS!!!!:facepalm

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-06-2012, 12:09 AM
You do realize that you just agreed with me that you're an OBVIOUS hypocrite, saying that Laker fans are supposedly going to give all the credit for winning to Kobe if they get Howard. While doing the same thing with Lebron and Wade on the Heat....right?:applause:

OOPS!!!!:facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm

and I didn't give Lebron all the credit....rings will always be team accomplishments....

i just said that lebron is cearly the best player on his team...while kobe won't be if dwight howard comes....after some Kobe kid brought up Lebron

reading comprehension problems?

RazorBaLade
07-06-2012, 12:09 AM

Shaq made em when it counted, and he still needed kobe to close some games. And shaq is the GREATEST, not no dwight howard.

Cangri
07-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Shaq made em when it counted, and he still needed kobe to close some games. And shaq is the GREATEST, not no dwight howard.
But Howard will have a bigger impact on games than Kobe because of his rebounding, defense and efficient scoring.

oh the horror
07-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Anyone else think this entire thread is beyond stupid?

We're beginning to reach epic lows.

PickernRoller
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM
But Howard will have a bigger impact on games than Kobe because of his rebounding, defense and efficient scoring.

Just as big of an impact when he hardly outplayed Pau in 09? People forget too easy that the post is the easiest position to defend and also forget that when you deny bigs position they become useless aka Thunder vs. LAL last season.

lilgodfather1
07-06-2012, 12:17 AM
You know what's funny is that Dwight would likely win FMVP without scoring a single basket in the finals. Kobe shoots 6-24, Dwight gets 30 rebounds. Dwight might be the first finals MVP to average 2 shots per game playing with the second greatest chucker ever.

Cangri
07-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Just as big of an impact when he hardly outplayed Pau in on 09? People forget too easy...
Well obviously we'll have to wait until the playoffs to see how they perform, but with this version of Kobe, I would bet that Howard will be having a bigger impact on the team.

RazorBaLade
07-06-2012, 12:18 AM

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that doesn't matter as much in everyones eyes. If jordan is over kareem or whatever in your all time list then it means you value points, 4th quarter and playmaking over rebounding defense and efficient scoring. Thats all.

If you're one of the rare guys that does prefer the centers over the other guys like OP perhaps, I can't disagree with your opinion. Its right. If you prefer that, you're right.

Personally, I prefer scoring and being able to be effective late in the game. I think its easier to find the defense and rebounding collectively.

The Iron Fist
07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that doesn't matter as much in everyones eyes. If jordan is over kareem or whatever in your all time list then it means you value points, 4th quarter and playmaking over rebounding defense and efficient scoring. Thats all.

If you're one of the rare guys that does prefer the centers over the other guys like OP perhaps, I can't disagree with your opinion. Its right. If you prefer that, you're right.

Personally, I prefer scoring and being able to be effective late in the game. I think its easier to find the defense and rebounding collectively.
First paragraph nailed it. Bravo.

Theyll deny it though.

LakersReign
07-06-2012, 12:30 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

and I didn't give Lebron all the credit....rings will always be team accomplishments....

i just said that lebron is cearly the best player on his team...while kobe won't be if dwight howard comes....after some Kobe kid brought up Lebron

reading comprehension problems?

Right:rolleyes:

So....Lebron gets all the credit for winning in Miami, as "the best player on the team." But Kobe gets no credit at all, as usual, per Lebron fans, if the Lakers get Howard and win? How convenient:rolleyes: And the fact that you're clearly oblivious to how hypocritical you're making yourself look, is further proof that the only person here with any comprehension problems, is CLEARLY....YOU:facepalm

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Right:rolleyes:

So....Lebron gets all the credit for winning in Miami, as "the best player on the team." But Kobe gets no credit at all, as usual, per Lebron fans, if the Lakers get Howard and win? How convenient:rolleyes: And the fact that you're clearly oblivious to how hypocritical you're making yourself look, is further proof that the only person here with any comprehension problems, is CLEARLY....YOU:facepalm

i didn't give Lebron all the credit and i wouldn't give Kobe "no credit at all". I just said Lebron was clearly the best players on his team while Kobe wouldn't be if Dwight joined the Lakers. THAT'S ALL I SAID AFTER LEBRON WAS BROUGHT UP BY SOME ONE.

not sure if you have reading comprehension problems or intentionally make straw man arguments. :confusedshrug:

do you see ghosts by any chance?

LakersReign
07-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Typical Lebron fanboy bullcrap. They have no real point/argument, so they try to use personal attacks, to cover that up.:rolleyes:

Yeah....I see....the ghost of your so called argument abandoning you, since you're OBVIOUSLY way too stupid to see your own hypocrisy:lol

M.Bustly15A5RU8
07-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Typical Lebron fanboy bullcrap. They have no real point/argument, so they try to use personal attacks, to cover that up.:rolleyes:

Yeah....I see....the ghost of your so called argument abandoning you, since you're OBVIOUSLY way too stupid to see your own hypocrisy:lol

:oldlol:

lebron fanboy? told you you see ghosts.

LakersReign
07-06-2012, 01:47 AM
The only person here seeing ghosts is you, thinking that more than 2 or 3 people are going to agree with you:hammerhead:

Oh, and by the way, Lebron fanboys like you are the only people on the planet who can't credit Kobe for anything. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270219 :facepalm

Try harder:sleeping

Jacks3
07-06-2012, 01:50 AM
6th, 7th, and 8th ring coming up. :rockon:

Mr Exlax
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I think you're 100% correct with the title. Most people can't understand that time has passed. Kobe Bryant is no longer the best player in the NBA. He's old now. He's still good, but overall he's not better than Dwight Howard. If you're talking about careers then Kobe>Dwight.

DKLaker
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM

:djparty

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Whoah, we all know that hindsight is 0/20 vision so let's not jump from 5 rings to 8 in one statement.:oldlol:

We will all see in less then a week the conclusion of Dwightmare II

Rysio
07-06-2012, 01:27 PM
:banana:

Faptastrophe
07-06-2012, 01:32 PM
The only person here seeing ghosts is you, thinking that more than 2 or 3 people are going to agree with you:hammerhead:

Oh, and by the way, Lebron fanboys like you are the only people on the planet who can't credit Kobe for anything. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270219 :facepalm

Try harder:sleeping
http://i.imgur.com/pgCQO.jpg

swag2011
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
You know what's funny is that Dwight would likely win FMVP without scoring a single basket in the finals. Kobe shoots 6-24, Dwight gets 30 rebounds. Dwight might be the first finals MVP to average 2 shots per game playing with the second greatest chucker ever.

LOL you know what's funny is that Dwight has never even grabbed 30 rebounds. You pressed that Kobe may win his 6th ring, and 3rd FMVP?

amfirst
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
puahahahahahahhahaah haters are scared sh1tless already talking about final MVP etc.

b1imtf
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
That bastard! I upload all my work to my imgur account (http://imgur.com/a/eDIgU#0).

http://i.imgur.com/QbPOt.jpg
GOAT account

The Iron Fist
07-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Kobe is playing in the Olympics. Dho cant even walk.

LakersFan626
07-17-2012, 07:14 PM

But you're one of the only Cavs fans to still support LeBron after what he did to your team... come on, you really think Dwight would get only two shots per game, much less be a good sport about it? Bynum averaged more shots than that in the 09 playoffs even!

Dwight isn't better than Kobe yet. Lakers are also doing a good job in making sure he commits to signing an extension with them first as it would be dumb to give up Bynum to rent Dwight for a year.

Smoke117
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Dwight Howard is the 2nd best player in the league after Lebron...so yes he would clearly be the best player on the lakers and yes Dwight > Kobe.

NumberSix
07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Yup.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
08-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Reminder bump.

LA_Showtime
08-09-2012, 11:01 PM
This is Kobe's team, but Dwight is clearly the better player at this point. Very similar to KG and Pierce a couple years ago.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
08-09-2012, 11:05 PM
This is Kobe's team, but Dwight is clearly the better player at this point. Very similar to KG and Pierce a couple years ago.

Kevin Garnett was the best player on the Celtics

Jacks3
08-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Kobe is still a significantly better scorer and significantly better passer/play-maker.

Dwight definitely has the clear edge though.

But who cares? Dude is going to end up with 7-8 rings.

:roll:

LA_Showtime
08-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Yeah?

christian1923
08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
How is a guy who cant be trusted in the 4th quarter better than the black mamba?? :coleman:

tmacattack33

I think that was his point lol.

Heavincent
There's more pressure on Howard than there is on Kobe. He has the best SG in the league, a top 10 PG, and a top 10 PF on his team now. No excuses now, considering he might not even be the best player on his own team.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
08-09-2012, 11:16 PM
There's more pressure on Howard than there is on Kobe. He has the best SG in the league, a top 10 PG, and a top 10 PF on his team now. No excuses now, considering he might not even be the best player on his own team.

:yaohappy:

funnystuff
08-09-2012, 11:19 PM
LOL, at this point in time Dwight >>>> Kobe, it really isnt close.

Rubio2Gasol
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Meh.

Rich Mans Kevin Willis :confusedshrug:

amfirst
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Who cares if Dwight is better than Kobe. All that it matters is Lakers >> than ur team.

funnystuff
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Who cares if Dwight is better than Kobe. All that it matters is Lakers >> than ur team.
Your*

INDI
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM

Shaq was capable of averaging 30+ every season and commanded triple teams. Dwight is a 20 ppg guy that you can get away with single coverage. I never seen Dwight as a first option type and his game has always been tailored as a super sidekick

INDI
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I can count on one hand the amount of superstar franchise players that was not a great reliable first option and Dwight is on that number. Players like that I consider super sidekicks because they could never put a team on they back and win a championship

riseagainst
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
kobe getting his 6th = top 5 player all time.
now peeps gonna get so mad. :lol

The-Legend-24
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
This nigguh so mad Kobe might end up with 6 or more rings. :oldlol:

LongLiveTheKing
08-09-2012, 11:58 PM
If Lakers win Kobe's going to win as the 2nd best player on his team for the 4th time lol.

CAstill
08-10-2012, 12:04 AM
LOL, at this point in time Dwight >>>> Kobe, it really isnt close.

No he's not and it is close because Dwight is a great player but Kobe still better. Kobe can always take over, Dwight can't.
You're not the best player on the team if you specifically
can't take the team to the promise land.
What was Dwight's excuse in 09?
If he was so impactful he would of dominated Laker bigs.
Can't place it on the team either because they did their jobs.
Hedo was an ice cold killer in that finals.
Dwight has no case over Kobe.

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:06 AM
This nigguh so mad Kobe might end up with 6 or more rings. :oldlol:

Only 2 of these rings are with Kobe as Lakers lead-dog.
:oldlol:

Jacks3
08-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Holy crap. Is that what you clowns have to resort to. Criticizing a dude for only 2 rings as the undisputed #1. Do you realize how many players in history have won multiple rings as the clear #1?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

funnystuff
08-10-2012, 12:12 AM
No he's not and it is close because Dwight is a great player but Kobe still better. Kobe can always take over, Dwight can't.
You're not the best player on the team if you specifically
can't take the team to the promise land.
What was Dwight's excuse in 09?
If he was so impactful he would of dominated Laker bigs.
Can't place it on the team either because they did their jobs.
Hedo was an ice cold killer in that finals.
Dwight has no case over Kobe.
Then again Kobe couldn't without a big guy down low either.

But Dwight had no help. Kobe has been spoon fed his whole career.

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Holy crap. Is that what you clowns have to resort to. Criticizing a dude for only 2 rings as the undisputed #1. Do you realize how many players in history have won multiple rings as the clear #1?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's true, but Kobe's first three rings were simply Shaq's gift. It was pretty much Shaq's one man show, Kobe's role in 3-peat Lakers aint much more important than Robert Horry. See the difference?

Flagrant 2
08-10-2012, 12:13 AM
It's true, but Kobe's first three rings were simply Shaq's gift. It was pretty much Shaq's one man show, Kobe's role in 3-peat Lakers aint much more important than Robert Horry. See the difference?
:facepalm

Jacks3
08-10-2012, 12:15 AM
:biggums:

Rubio2Gasol
I'm at a loss as to how stupid this is.

22 year old Kobe is as good or better than any player currently playing in the NBA , anyone who watched ball in the early 2000s knows this.

christian1923
Are you serious??? :biggums:

The-Legend-24
08-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Not gonna lie, that made me laugh. :oldlol:

General
08-10-2012, 12:16 AM
You're so fvcking mad:oldlol: Stop it, you're making a fool of yourself

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:18 AM
You're so fvcking mad:oldlol: Stop it, you're making a fool of yourself

lol I am 100% conscious, which is why I am pointing out the fact most people undermine.
:no:

Vertical-24
08-10-2012, 12:19 AM

:facepalm
The sad part is..the haters will co-sign this.
The lack of basketball knowledge of some on ISH is startling at times.

Da Hammer
08-10-2012, 12:21 AM
This quote belongs in that thread of "Dumbest posts you have seen on Inside hoops forums". And it has to be top 3. Can't believe anyone would seriously believe this or hate Kobe that much :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:26 AM
This quote belongs in that thread of "Dumbest posts you have seen on Inside hoops forums". And it has to be top 3. Can't believe anyone would seriously believe this or hate Kobe that much :facepalm

According to Kobestans, you are Kobe haters/bashers for pointing out simple truth that Kobe aint the GOAT they believe he is.

I wont undermine Kobe for the last two rings, he deserved them both. The problem was with the first three, which he really wasnt much of a factor in the playoffs and finals series.

Da Hammer
08-10-2012, 12:30 AM
According to Kobestans, you are Kobe haters/bashers for pointing out simple truth that Kobe aint the GOAT they believe he is.

I wont undermine Kobe for the last two rings, he deserved them both. The problem was with the first three, which he really wasnt much of a factor in the playoffs and finals series.
Post Kobe's overall stats for that 1st 3 peat compared to Robert Horry stats in his championship years. Then we will see how comparable they were in helping win those titles.

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Post Kobe's overall stats for that 1st 3 peat compared to Robert Horry stats in his championship years. Then we will see how comparable they were in helping win those titles.

Well stats are overrated, whats more important is the role of a player in the team. Truth be told, Shaq-Lakers would've won without Robert Horry, same thing without Kobe.

Deuce Bigalow
08-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Well stats are overrated, whats more important is the role of a player in the team. Truth be told, Shaq-Lakers would've won without Robert Horry, same thing without Kobe.
Kobe set to become a role player on the 2013 one man show of Dwight Howard led Lakers :bowdown:

Da Hammer
08-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Knew you wouldn't post the stats because it doesn't fit your argument. NEXT!

Rubio2Gasol
08-10-2012, 12:33 AM
You are the most idiotic person I've ever encountered in any facet of my 43 year existence.

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Kobe set to become a role player on the 2013 one man show of Dwight Howard led Lakers :bowdown:

Ironically, the Lakers have better chance to win if Kobe does step down to become a role player in 2013. Unfortunately you know it aint happening as he will take over the game midway in the 4th quarter to lead Lakers opponents to commanding victories. So let's witness Lebron winning another ring next June, shall we?
:cheers:

hawke812
08-10-2012, 12:37 AM

The funny thing is you are discussing this because of a trade. D12 coming to LA and you somehow discussing Kobe's role in the 3peat:roll: :roll: :roll:

Umad:mad:

Kiddlovesnets
08-10-2012, 12:39 AM
The funny thing is you are discussing this because of a trade. D12 coming to LA and you somehow discussing Kobe's role in the 3peat:roll: :roll: :roll:

Umad:mad:

I am not mad, just trying to calm down frenzied Kobestans who astonishingly believe their idol is GOAT.
:cheers:

CAstill
08-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Then again Kobe couldn't without a big guy down low either.

But Dwight had no help. Kobe has been spoon fed his whole career.

Dwight had no help? I watched the games. Like I said
Hedo was an ice cold killer there's no excuse for Dwight.

As far as Kobe goes there is no need for special big men.
Gasol isn't that special he won with him as a second option.
Kobe is one of the rare players that can get the job done
with minimum help. Every player deserves somebody
who plays defense and tries to put effort. That's all
Kobe requires and he can win rings.