PDA

View Full Version : 76ers to amnesty Elton Brand

DStebb716
07-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Philadelphia Inquirer:

The Sixers, not much of a player in free agency, will use the amnesty clause on forward Elton Brand, owed $18.2 million in the final year of his contract, and they reached agreement in principle to sign free-agent guard Nick Young to a one-year, $6 million deal, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10392#ixzz1zrUHbc6h

bagelred
07-06-2012, 11:08 AM
"Boy, I sure hope my INSERT TEAM signs Elton Brand for the minimum. Get er done, INSERT TEAM GM!"

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Karma mother fu**er. Sixers are a rising, talented team and I hope this guy ends up on the Bobcats.

Nash
07-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Will be a great pickup for anyone.

bleedinpurpleTwo
Teams will line up for him.
First up: Everyone under the cap.
Second: Houston

GreatHILL
suns :banana:

bagelred
07-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Elton Brand is AMNESTIED, not waived.....which means.........

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!!!!

2LeTTeRS
Karma mother fu**er. Sixers are a rising, talented team and I hope this guy ends up on the Bobcats.

Even with Williams and Brand they really aren't really that good, and without them they will be even more mediocre. Brand now has a chance to 1) get all his money and 2) pick a title contending team to join where he has a chance of doing more than a 1st or 2nd round exit.

niko
If no one picks up I can see lakers. They can ship out more pieces for Howard. Ditto Brooklyn, plus nets want 47 man roster

Droid101
Based on how this went last time, it'll be whoever Stern whispers the top bid to that wins it.

mentallooser
07-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Boy, I sure hope my Pacers signs Elton Brand for the minimum. Get er done, Donnie Walsh...I think.!

niko
What is Phillys motivation?

Nash
MJ, do your thing. You need anything you can get to the lolcats.

Rowe
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Not surprising.

Expect the Spurs bid on Brand once he goes on waivers.

They've purposely not made any moves to stay under the salary cap for the moment.

bagelred
Boy, I sure hope my Pacers signs Elton Brand for the minimum. Get er done, Donnie Walsh...I think.!

:cheers: There ya go.....

Droid101
They'd be over the tax.

I figured they'd trade Iggy instead of doing this... but so be it.

bagelred
07-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Based on how this went last time, it'll be whoever Stern whispers the top bid to that wins it.

Yup. That Chauncey Billups bid was highly suspicious.

Droid101
Honestly, he should come off the bench for the Wolves. That's what I want to see.

Or the Lakers. :D

Rowe

Cap space to pay for new deals with Hawes($6 Million), Nick Young($6 Million), & possibly Lou Williams($7-9 Million).

All Net
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Doubts he gets to free agency

netsfan549
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
only cap space teams can make a bid on him right?

bagelred
07-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Yes. My guess is he ends up a Cavalier. Plenty of cap space. Veteran replacement for Jamison. Only one year deal. Cavs will put in a good offer.

Nash
Anyone can name a few contending teams that can pick him up before he goes to waivers? Indiana? OKC? Cuz surely he wants to go deep in playoffs.

fatboy11
Teams will line up for him.
First up: Everyone under the cap.
Second: Houston

Is Houston not under the cap?

Payroll is 34 million.

Rowe
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Yep.

Teams under the cap:

Bobcats, Hornets, Kings, Cavaliers, Suns, Blazers, Pacers, Rockets, Mavs, T'Wolves, Bucks, Celtics, & Spurs.

Rowe
07-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Anyone can name a few contending teams that can pick him up before he goes to waivers? Indiana? OKC? Cuz surely he wants to go deep in playoffs.

Indiana, Dallas, Boston, & San Antonio.

- Indiana already has West & Hansbrough at PF.

- Dallas could sign him as he's a productive role player who could help their bench.

- Boston already has Bass & Sullinger at PF.

- San Antonio needs another frontcourt PF with Diaw possibly gone, Blair on the Trading Block, & Bonner possibly getting amnestied.

Nash
07-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Watch how Boston will dump Allen and go all in for Brand instead.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Elton Brand as a Spur? :lebronamazed:

ralph_i_el
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
his D is very underrated

hope the wiz get him

OhNoTimNoSho
07-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Old School Chevy Vroom Vroom

Hes not bad, just overpaid. Plays good D and has good games every so often.

Styles p
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I enjoyed the effort brand put in as a sixer. He is still a decent defender for being undersized and old he knows how to position himself on the court. He seems like a pop type of player I would like to see him go to the spurs.

jbot
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
eh, he'll help someone out. good for the 6ers to get his money off the books.

StackzUp
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Too bad Nets won't have 18 mil to get Brand, would be a great pick up to help complete the roster.

O_City_Thunder
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
"Boy, I sure hope my INSERT TEAM signs Elton Brand for the minimum. Get er done, INSERT TEAM GM!"
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I haven't seen this in a while. :cheers:

Jimmy2k8
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Elton Brand as a Spur? :lebronamazed:

:lebronamazed:
GET IT DONE AINGE!

All Net
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Doubt nets get him but would be a good pickup

Raz
07-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Watch how Boston will dump Allen and go all in for Brand instead.

Allen will be a Clipper by the end of the day.

Anyway, I think he's a Spur. Great compliment for Duncan

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Why would Sixers amnesty brand just to create cap space for Lou Williams when the Sixers signed Nick Young basically saying goodbye Lou? Makes zero sense. I also dont get why you amnesty Brand if you aren't going to put the space to good use. They better trade Iggy or else this is a dumb move. There goes our veteran leader. I have no issue using the amnesty on Brand just tell me you have a plan is all.

Qwyjibo
07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Why would Sixers amnesty brand just to create cap space for Lou Williams when the Sixers signed Nick Young basically saying goodbye Lou?
Is it really Lou or Young? Why would the Sixers go with Young? I'd much rather have Williams.

chazzy
07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Sixers aren't signing Lou

JohnnySic
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Tim Duncan and Elton Brand, even though they are past their peak, would make the best high/low big man combo in the league...

All Net
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Lou Williams confirmed on twitter he is not returning

WillyJakk
07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Bet the Celtics wish they had a re-do on the Bass signing.

Brand woulda been a nice starter next to KG and a great addition to help groom Sullinger and Jajuan Johnson with Garnett.

Anyway, I wish the Orlando Magic would get Elton Brand, get it done Hennigan!

That way we could S&T Ryno to the Kings.

niko
07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Just read rumor Sixers readying offer sheet for Brook Lopez. PLEASE OH PLEASE. Gobb will have an epic rant, the Nets / Sixers fans death match will be scheduled for July 21st, Dwight Howard will cry in the press conference sending him to LA.

Oh please oh please oh please.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Is it really Lou or Young? Why would the Sixers go with Young? I'd much rather have Williams.

Yeah its Lou or Young. I don't think Sixers want to committ to a 4yr 28-32mil deal. Not sure what e is asking but Atleast 7mil per since he opted out of a final year making 6.8 I believe. I rather Sixers not lock themselves into long term deals and try for 2013 offseason to spend. I like Lou but not if you gotta give him Thad Young money. And I don't want Thad to get that but he did.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Just read rumor Sixers readying offer sheet for Brook Lopez. PLEASE OH PLEASE. Gobb will have an epic rant, the Nets / Sixers fans death match will be scheduled for July 21st, Dwight Howard will cry in the press conference sending him to LA.

Oh please oh please oh please.

It makes sense to go after Brook. Max him so I can tell that poster who told us he wouldn't get max :roll:

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
He shouldn't get the max just because he cannot rebound or defend. The two most coveted qualities for a center.

I'm confident that he can average 25 PPG in the right situation, which could harvest a max contract. He is very young too.

niko
07-06-2012, 12:55 PM
It makes sense to go after Brook. Max him so I can tell that poster who told us he wouldn't get max :roll:
Net fans want you to sign hump for $10 a year for 5 years so they can use the space to get Howard. Because you know, the 76ers goal is to help the Nets. Rod Thorn, who the Russian hated and made work for his friends who knew nothing about the team and forced him out, Thorn is looking to help him win titles. :D

I am allowed to make fun of Nets, they sound just like us Knick fans 2 years ago and we took massive shit for that.

niko
07-06-2012, 12:58 PM
The best if you sign Lopez will be the Nets FO calling you cheaters and then asking you not to sign him, instead they will trade him to you, you just need to send them a bunch of good young players, like half your team. Help a brother out...:lol

GOBB
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Net fans want you to sign hump for $10 a year for 5 years so they can use the space to get Howard. Because you know, the 76ers goal is to help the Nets. Rod Thorn, who the Russian hated and made work for his friends who knew nothing about the team and forced him out, Thorn is looking to help him win titles. :D

I am allowed to make fun of Nets, they sound just like us Knick fans 2 years ago and we took massive shit for that.

:roll:

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Net fans do not sound like Knick fans. When the Knicks got melo it was dubbed "championship team". nothing transpired. the knicks got chandler and once more I heard "championship team. Again, nothing to see here.
The Knicks then acquired JR. Smith and I laughed my ass off when I heard once more that the Knicks were winning it all. And let's not forget how we heard once more when Lin emerged.

We are in the mix for Howard and this would be the only time you heard us preach "we can contend"

Knick fans have been saying that for many many years and offer an excuse each time they fail to win just one game.

niko
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Net fans do not sound like Knick fans. When the Knicks got melo it was dubbed "championship team". nothing transpired. the knicks got chandler and once more I heard "championship team. Again, nothing to see here.
The Knicks then acquired JR. Smith and I laughed my ass off when I heard once more that the Knicks were winning it all. And let's not forget how we heard once more when Lin emerged.

We are in the mix for Howard and this would be the only time you heard us preach "we can contend"

Knick fans have been saying that for many many years and offer an excuse each time they fail to win just one game.
You sound exactly like Knick fans. You feel you are entitled for a team to send you a star (their star), you want the trade on your terms, the other team are morons for not gifting him to you, and the rest of the league (like Philly who you want to take Hump, not Lopez on a bad contract) exist to help facilitate your moves.

You personally are 1,000 times worse than i ever was though, because you literally think the Magic GM is a bad person and will never be respected again unless he gives you Howard.

:lol You're funny.

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
You personally are 1,000 times worse than i ever was though, because you literally think the Magic GM is a bad person and will never be respected again unless he gives you Howard.

:lol You're funny.

It's obvious that he has no idea on how to handle this howard situation. why would rich devos hire a new gm to deal with a huge situation like this. as i said previously, rob hennigan is focusing 100% of his attention looking to trade howard when he could be filling out other roster spots. to be quite honest i just want howard to be traded already so this crap can end. if it's la or brooklyn is fine with me but this is ridiculous seeing how poorly rob is addressing the situation.

the howard saga will come to a conclusion before july 11, and the funny thing is if he gets traded to LA for the SAME exact package offered two months ago, people will spit on rob and otis and asking them, why did you postpone the inevitable for so long? you got andrew and mwp for bynum. that same package was offered months ago yet you pulled the trigger just now?

my personal dilema.

Y2Gezee
07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
If possible, best fit for brand is Okc

D-Rose
07-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Not a surprising amnesty at all..under cap teams have first bid, Stein says the Mavs are interested.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Question how does this work. Whatever salary Brand signs for will be deducted from the $18mil Sixers owe him? Or he gets the $18mil + whatever new contract he signs? Anyone know?

niko
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Question how does this work. Whatever salary Brand signs for will be deducted from the $18mil Sixers owe him? Or he gets the $18mil + whatever new contract he signs? Anyone know?
Salary is off books. New amount is deducted from cash Sixers pay.

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Amnesty players will go through waivers, like any other player. However, teams that make claims will also enter bids. The highest bidder will get the player and pay that amount (with the balance paid by the team that cut him

If the highest bidder bids 10 million the Sixers pay 8 million.

niko
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Amnesty players will go through waivers, like any other player. However, teams that make claims will also enter bids. The highest bidder will get the player and pay that amount (with the balance paid by the team that cut him

If the highest bidder bids 10 million the Sixers pay 8 million.
In cash. Entire salary is removed from cap though.

GOBB
07-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks fellas.

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I wish the Nets were able to bid on him for real low and maybe package him to Orlando. Only teams under the cap are allowed to so that immediately disqualifies the Nets. I honestly cannot see another team bidding more then 7 million for him.

Derka
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Come win a title in Boston, Elton :D

flipogb
07-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I wish the Nets were able to bid on him for real low and maybe package him to Orlando. Only teams under the cap are allowed to so that immediately disqualifies the Nets. I honestly cannot see another team bidding more then 7 million for him.you cant trade a player you bidded on for 1 yr I think

UtahJazzFan88
07-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Why would Sixers amnesty brand just to create cap space for Lou Williams when the Sixers signed Nick Young basically saying goodbye Lou? Makes zero sense. I also dont get why you amnesty Brand if you aren't going to put the space to good use. They better trade Iggy or else this is a dumb move. There goes our veteran leader. I have no issue using the amnesty on Brand just tell me you have a plan is all.

Jefferson for Iggy sounds nice for the 80th time again. :oldlol:

OneBadUsername
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Bet the Celtics wish they had a re-do on the Bass signing.

Brand woulda been a nice starter next to KG and a great addition to help groom Sullinger and Jajuan Johnson with Garnett.

Anyway, I wish the Orlando Magic would get Elton Brand, get it done Hennigan!

That way we could S&T Ryno to the Kings.

Anderson, Nicholson, Baby already there. It just doesn't make sense.

Rekindled
07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Anderson, Nicholson, Baby already there. It just doesn't make sense.

this . also the same reason why they wouldnt want to pay humpphries 10m a year

swi7ch
07-06-2012, 08:45 PM
MIA, baby! :bowdown:

hawkfan
07-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I wish the Nets were able to bid on him for real low and maybe package him to Orlando. Only teams under the cap are allowed to so that immediately disqualifies the Nets. I honestly cannot see another team bidding more then 7 million for him.

Dallas or Cleveland could bid 8 million for him. Which for one year, isn't bad, since both teams need help at the bigs.

When healthy, he can still be a very effective player.

hawkfan
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Jefferson for Iggy sounds nice for the 80th time again. :oldlol:

This may be more of a possibility with the Jazz getting Marvin Williams to play power forward and clearing out more minutes for Derrick Favors.