- pour rebounding games
-Arguably got outplayed by Westbrook

Why is he getting pass?

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Because he didn't put an 07 LeBron performance :confusedshrug:

DCL
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
cuz he wasn't even supposed to be in the friggin' finals when the playoffs started. everyone thought, "damn, he went far!" instead of "damn, he ain't good enough to get it done." how many analysts picked OKC to be in the finals back in apr/may??? you can count with one hand.. or no hands.

Perry Jones III
07-06-2012, 11:23 AM
He was supposed to lose to the spurs.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
cuz he wasn't even supposed to be in the friggin' finals when the playoffs started. everyone thought, "damn, he went far!" instead of "damn, he ain't good enough to get it done." how many analysts picked OKC to be in the finals back in apr/may??? you can count with one hand.. or no hands.

Sweet. Yet they were still favored to beat the Heat and instead got backdoor swept.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
He was supposed to lose to the spurs.

And he was supposed to beat the Heat. Wha wha happened?

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-06-2012, 11:26 AM
OKC was the favorite to make it out of the West before the season even began.

Perry Jones III
07-06-2012, 11:28 AM
And he was supposed to beat the Heat. Wha wha happened?

The Miami Heat role players REALLY stepped up in the final, chalmers, battier, miller, cole, jones where all hitting there shots.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
OPs agenda is so fvcking obvious.

This is another "Why isn't Durant getting as much heat as LeBron was?" thread

God you're such a bitch :lol

DCL
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Sweet. Yet they were still favored to beat the Heat and instead got backdoor swept.

i was not on that boat in favoring the thunder over the heat. i think everyone got caught up with the hype when OKC destroyed the spurs. but sh!t, they were still a young inexperienced team. anyway, getting swept on your first trip to the finals when nobody even expected you to be in the finals originally isn't that upsetting.

but if they were hyped all year since preseason and then lost, then it would had been a different story. the thunder just turned it up later. down 0-2 to the might spurs, and they came back and kicked their ass. then everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

but the heat were always mentioned to be title contenders since day 1 of the season.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM

This guy is so pissed that Lebron wiped his ass with his favorite team two years in a row. Don't project your anger on me, son.

get these NETS
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
a few reasons

Miami Heat are perceived by some fans as like wrestling bad guys/heels
which would make okc the good guys

durant is the next big star in the league...people figure that he will get back to finals

don't know what his overall stats were, but don't think his finals stats are that much different from his playoff stats in WC...he's sort of one dimensional...but he excels at the thing he does best...score

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
i was not on that boat in favoring the thunder over the heat. i think everyone got caught up with the hype when OKC destroyed the spurs. but sh!t, they were still a young inexperienced team. anyway, getting swept on your first trip to the finals when nobody even expected you to be in the finals originally isn't that upsetting.

but if they were hyped all year since preseason and then lost, then it would had been a different story. the thunder just sorta "came outta nowhere" in the playoffs, so to speak. down 0-2 to the might spurs, and they came back and kicked their ass. then everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

but the heat were always mentioned to be title contenders since day 1 of the season.

Im not saying it was unanimous OKC was going to win. But look at what the "experts" and this board was saying a month ago about Thunder winning in no more than 6 games.

Flea
07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Why are everybody talking about superstars?

IT IS THE ENTIRE HEAT TEAM that won the finals, and the ENTIRE OKC TEAM that lost the finals. It isn`t all about Lebron and Durant. Heat won, because they played better team basketball. Period.

DCL
Im not saying it was unanimous OKC was going to win. But look at what the "experts" and this board was saying a month ago about Thunder winning in no more than 6 games.

they weren't "experts." i believe they were just lebron haters. but then lebron finally grew up and went bonkers. :oldlol:

Perry Jones III
This guy is so pissed that Lebron wiped his ass with his favorite team two years in a row. Don't project your anger on me, son.

Your gonna pissed when the knicks and okc dominate.

CelticBaller
My team has been owning LeBron for years :facepalm , Like he said "it's about damn time" :oldlol:

get these NETS
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM

..........when we should be talking about grammar

dtbrehm
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM

IT IS THE ENTIRE HEAT TEAM that won the finals, and the ENTIRE OKC TEAM that lost the finals. It isn`t all about Lebron and Durant. Heat won, because they played better team basketball. Period.
Ah, but when they lost last year, it was all Lebron's fault, not that the Mavs "played better team basketball".

Gotta love those double standards.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
My team has been owning LeBron for years :facepalm , Like he said "it's about damn time" :oldlol:

Celtics could only beat Lebron when he played with terrible Cleveland players. What happened the last two season? Exactly, you got owned. Game 6 still stings, im sure.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Ah, but when they lost last year, it was all Lebron's fault, not that the Mavs "played better team basketball".

Gotta love those double standards.

Pretty much. A month ago all we heard was how OKC had all this depth, we going to win, etc. After Game 1 people were proclaiming Durant to be a top 10 player. But its all of a sudden no big deal they lost.:oldlol:

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Celtics could only beat Lebron when he played with terrible Cleveland players. What happened the last two season? Exactly, you got owned. Game 6 still stings, im sure.
He said he was going to win a ring for them back in Celveland, and he did take them to the finals once :confusedshrug: , Oh and lets not forget that 15 point performance against the Celtics! a 15 point performance in Cleveland?! you mean when past Prime Shaq outplayed him? Nooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyy!

Hop off his dick bandwagoner :yaohappy:

Keelyus
07-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Didn't he average 30.7 points during the finals or something like that? Besides, that was his first trip to the finals in his career and he was putting up big numbers. I think the public also sees him with his mom all the time and understand that he's an emotional person, and the general public understood that he gave it all his effort.

BuffaloBill
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Because he didn't bitch out like Lebron. Also Durant is only 23 and he'll most likely win more rings than Lebron once he's done.

Plus he never said "it's gonna be easy" or "not 2, not 3, not 4..."

ripthekik
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Should we compare Lebron's 1st two final appearance stats with Durant's first? I dare you.

Now tell me why he isn't getting bashed :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:53 AM
He said he was going to win a ring for them back in Celveland, and he did take them to the finals once :confusedshrug: , Oh and lets not forget that 15 point performance against the Celtics! a 15 point performance in Cleveland?! you mean when past Prime Shaq outplayed him? Nooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyy!

Hop off his dick bandwagoner :yaohappy:

In 25 playoff games against the Celtics, Lebron is 13-12. So not sure where ou think he is geting "owned". Like I said, you are upset about Game 6. It happens. Let it go and move on.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Didn't he average 30.7 points during the finals or something like that? Besides, that was his first trip to the finals in his career and he was putting up big numbers. I think the public also sees him with his mom all the time and understand that he's an emotional person, and the general public understood that he gave it all his effort.

He played awful defense, didn't rebound well, and sat behind the 3 point like while Westbrook had to takeover in the latter part of the series. He shouldn't be given a pass. Especially when his team was favored to win.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
In 25 playoff games against the Celtics, Lebron is 13-12. So not sure where ou think he is geting "owned". Like I said, you are upset about Game 6. It happens. Let it go and move on.
post his record against them before he joined his superbuddies

Hint: He never won a series
:yaohappy:

ripthekik
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
He played awful defense, didn't rebound well, and sat behind the 3 point like while Westbrook had to takeover in the latter part of the series. He shouldn't be given a pass. Especially when his team was favored to win.
Wow.. I would like to hear your thoughts on Lebron's Houdini Finals performance.. if that is your critique on durant, please enlighten me with your thoughts about Lebron last year :bowdown:

RRR3
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Because he played well :confusedshrug:

DCL
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
anyway, i think most people's impression of durant is "good job, kid, you will have your time." he's had enough performances to impress people, so no one's talking sh!t about him. besides, OKC is young, and they're only going to get better.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Because he played well :confusedshrug:

OPs agenda

NumberSix
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
how many analysts picked OKC to be in the finals back in apr/may??? you can count with one hand.. or no hands.
I can literally only think of 1 person who didn't pick OKC to win the West before the season even started and all throughout the season.

All year, it was pretty much unanimous opinion that OKC would win the West. I don't know where the fcuk you've been.

ralph_i_el
07-06-2012, 12:07 PM
because durant is humble and not a douchebag? And he hasn't had any contract drama or really any drama of any kind.

You buy respect from fans with your actions.

Dragonyeuw
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Frankly, Durant never came into the league as the 'anointed one' the way Lebron did. And second, he played a hell of a lot better than Lebron did in his first two finals. No he couldn't stop Lebron defensively but let's be real 1) who can when he's going it going on and 2) he doesn't have the physicality needed to do so. I think he played pretty well for his first finals, a clear sign of things to come.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
post his record against them before he joined his superbuddies

Hint: He never won a series
:yaohappy:

So what you are saying is that the Celtics can ony beat Lebron he is playing with shitty Cleveland players, right?

13-12

Game 6.

Move on.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 12:15 PM
So what you are saying is that the Celtics can ony beat Lebron he is playing with shitty Cleveland players, right?

13-12

Game 6.

Move on.
the shitty Cleveland players outplayed him against the celtics :yaohappy:

If anything you need to move on, even after LeBron beat us your butthurtness still big that you feel the need to mention my team :oldlol:

pegasus
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
He played great for his age and for a first-timer. If it weren't for the refs, you would have been creating "I hate Lebron" threads.

BankShot
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Probably because he averaged 28/7/4 on 86/51/37 and still got blown out.... no one expected him to be any kind of hinderance to James on defense, he's just not nearly strong enough.

Run along, OP :rolleyes:

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
the shitty Cleveland players outplayed him against the celtics :yaohappy:

If anything you need to move on, even after LeBron beat us your butthurtness still big that you feel the need to mention my team :oldlol:

13-12. Don't be upset because Lebron owns your team. It happens. At least you have a young team to cheer for and live in a great city. O no thats right, you root for an aging team and live in shithole city. There is no hope for you, sorry.

ripthekik
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
13-12. Don't be upset because Lebron owns your team. It happens. At least you have a young to cheer for and live in a great city. O no thats right, you root for an aging team and live in shithole city. There is no hope for you, sorry.
Thread backfired :roll: :roll: :roll:
Another lebron fantard exposed..

And why didn't you answer me about what you think of Lebron's final performance last year? :eek:

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
13-12. Don't be upset because Lebron owns your team. It happens. At least you have a young to cheer for and live in a great city. O no thats right, you root for an aging team and live in shithole city. There is no hope for you, sorry.
I guess guy avg 17.2 PPG and 12 AST in the playoffs is really old, oh and that SG who busted Dwade's ass in the season too :yaohappy:

Now you bring up my City? What the reason for all this butthurness? Last time my team beat "yours" in the playoffs was 2 years ago :lol Your lover is a champion enjoy it

StackzUp
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Durant really has no reason to be getting bashed. He played like he usually does, which may have been OKCs downfall. They needed Durant to go into another level and be aggressive, but he is just too humble to be that. I'm sure next year it will be a different story. He played great, rest of his team didn't.

swag2011
07-06-2012, 12:29 PM
- Lost when his team was favored
-got lit up on defense all series
- pour rebounding games

Why is he getting pass?

Because people actually LIKE durant, and not Lebron. :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Probably because he averaged 28/7/4 on 86/51/37 and still got blown out.... no one expected him to be any kind of hinderance to James on defense, he's just not nearly strong enough.

Run along, OP :rolleyes:

His team was favored to win. They lost in 5 games. People are forgetting how everyone went apeshit when OKC won game 1. People were already putting Durant in the top 10. But they got backdoor swept and it all of sudden is no big deal. :oldlol: I can give two shits how humble he is. Just because he cries on his mother's shoulder like a 3 year old, doesn't change the fact he lost a series in which he was favored. That is a fact.

Hank
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gifhttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/flashB.gif

IGotACoolStory
07-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Because like it or not, superstars run the NBA.

If the top 30 players in the NBA left for a new league, I guarantee the NBA would find it's downfall within 5 years. Assuming the new league could afford everything.

Mr Exlax
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
He didn't get bashed because he has never had the same hype or expectations as Lebron James. The media is trying to phase out Lebron and make KD the posterchild, so that's why he gets a pass. He can do no wrong. Lebron can do no right. More money is generated when there's a good guy and a bad guy.

LBJMVP
07-06-2012, 01:07 PM
because durant actually played incredible for his 1st finals

very good numbers....

lebron had 2 of the worst superstar performances in the finals ever....

durant was the only one on his team besides westbrook that looked like he was even trying.....

OP's agenda is obvious.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
because durant actually played incredible for his 1st finals

very good numbers....

lebron had 2 of the worst superstar performances in the finals ever....

durant was the only one on his team besides westbrook that looked like he was even trying.....

OP's agenda is obvious.

Butt-hurt Cleveland fan ^^^

Lebron left, get over it.

TheMan
07-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Should we compare Lebron's 1st two final appearance stats with Durant's first? I dare you.

Now tell me why he isn't getting bashed :confusedshrug:
Pretty much

LeBron sucked in his first two Finals, Durant had a pretty good first Finals...and he's only 23, he'll eventually get his title(s).

LA_Showtime
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Because he played well. It's not like the Thunder lost because of Durant, something you can't say about LeBron after last year's debacle.

DTreats
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Only 1/4 Top 100 players have ever won a championship on their first try, losing your first finals isn't a big deal.

LBJMVP
07-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Butt-hurt Cleveland fan ^^^

Lebron left, get over it.

i love how i give the reasoning no one is hating and your only arguement is butt hurt cavs fan...

:lol

i love it when someone says that because it means i won the arguement.

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Durant put up 31 ppg with 55% shooting in the Finals.

What does he deserved to be bashed for?

There are only two guys that deserve blame for the OKC Finals loss and those two are James Harden and Scott Brooks. Nobody else deserves any blame except those two.

Mr Exlax
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM

There are only two guys that deserve blame for the OKC Finals loss and those two are James Harden and Scott Brooks. Nobody else deserves any blame except those two.

He played horrible defense and had to be switched off of his man every 4th quarter. He didn't rebound. He didn't get many assists and got waaaaaaay too many turnovers. He was exposed as the one dimensional player we all knew he was. I will say that boy is phenomenal at that dimension though lol.

KG215
07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I've been on the fence on whether or not I wanted to put the OP on ignore. This thread makes that decision a no-brainer now.

LBJMVP
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
He played horrible defense and had to be switched off of his man every 4th quarter. He didn't rebound. He didn't get many assists and got waaaaaaay too many turnovers. He was exposed as the one dimensional player we all knew he was. I will say that boy is phenomenal at that dimension though lol.

i just wouldn't say he played bad enough to bash him...

he did look quite one dimensional out there though. but i also agree that he was phenomenal at the dimension.

Mr Exlax
07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
i just wouldn't say he played bad enough to bash him...

he did look quite one dimensional out there though. but i also agree that he was phenomenal at the dimension.

See that's why i think he should be bashed though. because he was one dimensional. The media and fans hyped this guy up to be better or as good as Lebron James ya know. But they won't bash him because he's the hero and for whatever reason Lebron is the villain. I can't even say he's a better scorer and Lebron, but he's a much better shooter than Lebron if that makes any sense to ya.

scm5
07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Because Durant is only 23 and he didn't choke as hard as Lebron did in his first Finals.

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
See that's why i think he should be bashed though. because he was one dimensional. The media and fans hyped this guy up to be better or as good as Lebron James ya know. But they won't bash him because he's the hero and for whatever reason Lebron is the villain. I can't even say he's a better scorer and Lebron, but he's a much better shooter than Lebron if that makes any sense to ya.
Then you are just stupid especially that part about how Durant might not be a better scorer than LeBron.

Tell me what you expected Durant to do that he didn't do in the Finals?

He didn't rebound well because he was guarding Chalmers frequently which took him away from the basket yet he still averaged about 6 rpg in the Finals. He played the best defense on LeBron out of all of the Thunder players but he is not disciplined enough to stay away from foul trouble.

Then again I see that your location is Houston so now I know I definitely shouldn't take you seriously.

KG215
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM

Dude come, you're better than that. Those two may deserve the most blame but everyone deserves a little blame.

Durant could've been a little more aggressive earlier in some games like he was from the word go in game five. It's just unfortunate that the entire Miami team got the NBA Jam "He's on Fire!" power-up the one game he decided he was going to assert himself from the opening tip.

Westbrook wasn't good the entire series. His 43/7/5 game overshadows the other games but he shot 32/88 the other four games. He didn't play particularly awful in those games, but he wasn't great either. And, like Harden, he had a number of pull-up jumpers rim in-and-out or bounce around on the rim for a bit before bouncing out. He also missed some driving layups we're used to seeing him make. They were shots he normally makes.

Ibaka was not good. Part of the problem was Brooks didn't play smallball enough so Serge was forced to defend a perimeter player more often than not, and it took him away from the rim where he's most effective on defense. But on offense...he sucked. Sure, he's not going to get 12-15 every night, but he didn't even have one of those games where he plays ultra-aggressive on offense and goes for 15-20 like he did in other series. His series high was 10 and that was in the game one win.

Perkins wasn't good either. He was terrible defensively (which can be partially blamed on Brooks) and, as usual, wasn't a factor on offense. I know he was playing hurt, but still.

Harden and Brooks should probably shoulder most of the blame but it's not all on them.

jbryan1984
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
wtf has Durant said to the media or done to his fans that would require he gets a backlash like LeBron did?

KyrieTheFuture
07-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Because he played insanely well on offense and did what he always does on defense. Durant doesn't need to play any better to have won he needs Harden to shoot more than 3% and Brooks to learn how to coach.

Dengness9
07-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Thread backfired :roll: :roll: :roll:
Another lebron fantard exposed..

And why didn't you answer me about what you think of Lebron's final performance last year? :eek:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

WHY DONT YOU ANSWER HIM?!?!?

We all know why, cuz you are ***** fanboy with no legitimate answer to his questions.

This exposing has been a fun thread to read! Silkk is such garbage.

Mr. Incredible
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
This guy is so pissed that Lebron wiped his ass with his favorite team two years in a row. Don't project your anger on me, son.THIS. talk about being the bitch. :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
THIS. talk about being the bitch. :lol

Exactly man. So many butt-hurt people in this thread. Their hate for Lebron won't let them think properly :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LBJDW305
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM

:cheers: :rockon: they find excuses but the king got his ring so they will be back to the hairline jokes in no time. Bunch of losers

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 02:35 PM
yet he's the one still butthurt and even mentions my team :yaohappy:

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Well there is a difference between scoring 30pts on 50% FG and 20pts on 35% FG despite losing.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 02:40 PM
yet he's the one still butthurt and even mentions my team :yaohappy:

Its obvious why you don't like Lebron. No reason to let Lebron upset you so much. The Celtics had a nice run. They will be back again in another 20 seasons or so. This is the Lebron Era. Adapt. :pimp:

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Well there is a difference between scoring 30pts on 50% FG and 20pts on 35% FG despite losing.

OKC was favored to win.

And aren't you the guy who said Melo>>>Durant?

And the same guy that said San Antonio would sweep OKC?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Because the only thing people care about on ISH is FG%

The Iron Fist
07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Op is the epitome of corny white boy.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Op is the epitome of corny white boy.

Yet you still decided to post in my thread, right? Dance for me, puppet :oldlol:

Sampsonsimpson
07-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Well he didnt have a great finals but it wasnt bad either. He got his points and scored very efficiently, im almost positive he shot +50% for all of the games. But he didnt really do much to stand out either aside from game one, he didnt really rebound the ball all that well and didnt play great defense either, but in his defense Lebron was on a mission. To me he seemed like a quiet scorer in the background, quietly and efficiently getting his points but not doing anything to take over the game or get peoples attention.

po3try
07-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Because he aint Bron.

dynasty1978
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Or a '11 Lebron performance for that matter

LBJMVP
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM

yah but lets be serious... we all knew he was not as good as lebron..

we all knew durant was gonna get many assist... especially with his teammates sucking dick.

and we all knew durant was a great rebounder.

but he did what he does best, and he did it better than he did in the previous series.

The Iron Fist
07-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Yet you still decided to post in my thread, right? Dance for me, puppet :oldlol:
I dont have a problem calling you out.

derb2k2
07-06-2012, 02:52 PM
because it's Lebron. Anyways Durant is not nearly the player that Lebron is.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 02:57 PM
yah but lets be serious... we all knew he was not as good as lebron..

we all knew durant was gonna get many assist... especially with his teammates sucking dick.

and we all knew durant was a great rebounder.

but he did what he does best, and he did it better than he did in the previous series.

So that give Durants an excuse to get torched on defense and rebound like he was a SG? :applause: Did I mention the Thunder were favored by most "experts" to win the title?

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 03:01 PM
What didn't Durant do in the finals that you expected him to do? He put up the crazy scoring numbers that he was known for. He actually put up better numbers than he put up in the regular season and in any other playoff series in the 2012 playoffs.

He rebounded less but that was because he guarded Chalmers a lot which took him away from the basket.

He played the best defense on LeBron out of all of the Thunder players but he is not disciplined enough to stay away from foul trouble.

I like how this post of mine in the last page was ignored, probably because the OP is clearly trolling Durant/Thunder fans.

Either way, you can blame Durant for the Finals although you would be an idiot to do so but it doesn't change the fact that he is still the 2nd best player in the league so bash away.

TeamLAC
07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Because people actually like Durant.

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
What didn't Durant do in the finals that you expected him to do? He put up the crazy scoring numbers that he was known for. He actually put up better numbers than he put up in the regular season and in any other playoff series in the 2012 playoffs.

He rebounded less but that was because he guarded Chalmers a lot which took him away from the basket.

He played the best defense on LeBron out of all of the Thunder players but he is not disciplined enough to stay away from foul trouble.

I like how this post of mine in the last page was ignored, probably because the OP is clearly trolling Durant/Thunder fans.

Either way, you can blame Durant for the Finals although you would be an idiot to do so but it doesn't change the fact that he is still the 2nd best player in the league so bash away.

Not blaming Durant for the whole thing. But his part does get over-looked. At the end of the day they were favored to win the NBA Finals. By the end of the Finals I was questioning who was the MVP of the Thunder, him or RW.

AK47DR91
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I trashed Durant for his one-dimensional Finals performance.

All he f--king did was shoot jumpers. Game 6, he grabbed a few more rebounds but it was too little too late at that point.

Hell, Westbrook did more in Game 4 than Durant did the whole series. At least Westbrook's Game 4 was memorable, even in a losing effort.

Durant put up empty numbers all series long. But since he's so beloved by the media and fans, they turned a blind-eye on his shitty performance instead. I'm not one of them, I'm very unbiased and tell it as I see it. The Durant I saw was garbage.

TerranOP
07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Not blaming Durant for the whole thing. But his part does get over-looked. At the end of the day they were favored to win the NBA Finals. By the end of the Finals I was questioning who was the MVP of the Thunder, him or RW.

Look man, I was angry that Lebron got bashed so much last year, but there are a multitude of reasons why this ISN'T a double standard. Durant never really under-performed. He scored a lot and he did it efficiently, something he's always done.

Last year, Lebron SHRUNK in the finals. He performed much worse than he had been doing during the season and in the playoffs up to that point. Furthermore, he sent out a tweet basically saying "i told you so" to all the haters before they won the series. Factor in "The Decision", "not 1, not 2..." and you'll see why it was easy to hate him last year, and even easier to criticize his play. Durant never showed anything but humility, and his play didn't really decline compared to the season/earlier in the playoffs.

I'll also mention that since Durant never proclaimed any of the nonsense that Lebron did, getting to the finals was "good enough" for the media. They got past the hottest team in the league (the Spurs) and got to the finals for the first team. The Thunder have been improving ever single year.

This is not a double standard. Durant played well, Lebron and the Heat played better. Last year Lebron played like shit, and Dirk and the Mavs crushed them in games 3-6. Not the same thing.

I'm a Lebron fan too, but there's no point in getting angry over this.

blood yes
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I swear, every lebron hater on this forum should be banned for life. You guys never seem to give LeBron a break. Durant did horrible, but since he isnt Lebron, you guys dont care. Durant is bigger and longer than Lebron, but he couldnt stop him? Durant could not guard Lebron at all. I will give credit for Durant's scoring, but he could not guard Lebron AT ALL. Lebron>Durant

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 03:33 PM
They were favored to win because OKC was the better team, not because Durant was the better player and OKC would have won if Harden didn't play like a *****.

Durant did his job and he did a better job at than anyone else thought he would so this doesn't go against him. It would be like blaming LeBron for the '09 ECF lost despite the fact that he did almost everything to his power to try to win that series. And believe me, there are some Kobe fans that do blame LeBron for that because he supposedly choked in the 4th in those series.

blood yes
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
They were favored to win because OKC was the better team, not because Durant was the better player and OKC would have won if Harden didn't play like a *****.

Durant did his job and he did a better job at than anyone else thought he would so this doesn't go against him. It would be like blaming LeBron for the '09 ECF lost despite the fact that he did almost everything to his power to try to win that series. And believe me, there are some Kobe fans that do blame LeBron for that because he supposedly choked in the 4th in those series.

You are the only LeBron hater who i like, cause you actually give LeBron some credit.

And yes, you are right, stupid Kobetards give Lebron no credit in the 09 ECF

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
You are the only LeBron hater who i like, cause you actually give LeBron some credit.

Lebron is a top 3 favorite player of mine these days, I don't hate him, at least not anymore. I had some hard feelings for him when he went to Miami but I've gotten over it and I've understood it. I respect his game and I like his game and I was a fan of his in Cleveland especially in his last two seasons.

TerranOP
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM

Look at his avatar. He's not a Lebron hater.

blood yes
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Look at his avatar. He's not a Lebron hater.

Yeah, my bad. I did not log on in like a year, and 1 year ago, he was a lebron hater, but i guess not now.

I guess Lebron winning a ring really does change some people:cheers:

Simple Jack
07-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Lebron is a top 3 favorite player of mine these days, I don't hate him, at least not anymore. I had some hard feelings for him when he went to Miami but I've gotten over it and I've understood it. I respect his game and I like his game and I was a fan of his in Cleveland especially in his last two seasons.

Are you Samurai Swoosh?

RaininTwos
07-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Because the only thing people care about on ISH is FG%
THIS.

Dude didnt play defense the whole damn series and people are saying he played well.

jjayfive
07-06-2012, 06:14 PM
bash....

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 06:17 PM
THIS.

Dude didnt play defense the whole damn series and people are saying he played well.

This. If he wasn't scoring than he wasn't doing anything else.

imdaman99
07-06-2012, 07:23 PM
durants first finals >>>>>>>>>>> lebrons 1st and 2nd finals combined

but on the real, i thought westbrook was better than him. the game is really more than how well you shoot

ripthekik
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
This. If he wasn't scoring than he wasn't doing anything else.
Still haven't told me what Lebron did last finals? :confusedshrug:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Let me help you out a bit:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/nba-finals-2011-lebron-jamess-fourth-quarter-performances-are-mystifying/2011/06/08/AGGvfXMH_story.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732821-2011-nba-finals-lebron-james-again-shrinks-from-spotlight

TDownpour
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Because he's only 23 years old!

LBJMVP
07-07-2012, 01:19 AM
I swear, every lebron hater on this forum should be banned for life. You guys never seem to give LeBron a break. Durant did horrible, but since he isnt Lebron, you guys dont care. Durant is bigger and longer than Lebron, but he couldnt stop him? Durant could not guard Lebron at all. I will give credit for Durant's scoring, but he could not guard Lebron AT ALL. Lebron>Durant

jason terry points per 36 minutes per when lebron is on the court 19.1
jason terry points per 36 when lebron is on the bench 8.5

lmao of durant was horrible

lebron in 2011 was the epitomy of horrible....

30/7/3 on 55% is amazing, and what is with this durant couldnt stop lebron?

he could, but the refs were screwing durant over that whole series and they had to stick him on someone else so he wouldn't get in foul trouble.

triangleoffense
07-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Because he scored 15 and 17 points in the 1st and 2nd games of the 4th quarter. In the first 4th quarter alone he scored more than Lebron did in all of the 4th quarters of the 2011 finals, and that went 6 games :oldlol

lol @ OP thread backfire. Made us realize how terrible Lebron was in 07 and 11 and how this season didn't mean anything because he didn't have any 4th quarter clutch performances

ripthekik
07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
When an article gets written like this for Durant, maybe we can talk about getting criticized.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/nba-finals-2011-lebron-jamess-fourth-quarter-performances-are-mystifying/2011/06/08/AGGvfXMH_story.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732821-2011-nba-finals-lebron-james-again-shrinks-from-spotlight

:confusedshrug:
I think Durant exceeded everyone's expectations. A 23 year old playing so well in his first finals is actually pretty amazing. In Game 1, his teammates showed butterflys and jitteries in the beginning of the game, but not Durant. This kid definitely came to ball. Cannot say the same about Lebron.. even in his second finals..

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Durant shouldn't get a pass for getting torched on defense, not rebounding, and being a total non-factor in general when he wasn't scoring. Crying on your mother's shoulder shouldn't change that.

ripthekik
07-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Durant shouldn't get a pass for getting torched on defense, not rebounding, and being a total non-factor in general when he wasn't scoring. Crying on your mother's shoulder shouldn't change that.

:violin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk

Simple Jack
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM

:violin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk

Why would the LeBron fan who had to hear shit for 9 years about he didn't have what it took to win, be sad when he actually won, after the best run from a perimeter player since Michael Jordan?

You'd think it's the person who feels the need to troll every thread and discredit LeBron who's sad, no?

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 01:36 PM
wtf has Durant said to the media or done to his fans that would require he gets a backlash like LeBron did?

Durant could have cured cancer for all I care. His team was favored to win the Finals and they got backdoor swept. With him only contributing in one category the whole series.

ripthekik
07-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Why would the LeBron fan who had to hear shit for 9 years about he didn't have what it took to win, be sad when he actually won, after the best run from a perimeter player since Michael Jordan?

Because he finally won after teaming with a top 3 nba player and another all star PF?
hmm.. how about we change that to won with "MOST HELP" since MJ?

You'd think it's the person who feels the need to troll every thread and discredit LeBron who's sad, no?
Oh really.. look at who created this thread?

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Even though they lost he still outplayed Lebrick.

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Even though they lost he still outplayed Lebrick.

Actually he didn't. All Durant did was score. He literally didn't contribute anything else.

Duncan21formvp
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
- Lost when his team was favored
-got lit up on defense all series
- pour rebounding games

Why is he getting pass?
Lebron James = 28.6 ppg / 10.2 rpg / 7.4 apg / 1.6 spg / 0.4 bpg on 47% FG/ 19% 3 PT / 83% FT

Kevin Durant = 30.6 ppg / 6.0 rpg / 2.2 apg / 1.4 apg / 1.0 bpg on 55% FG / 39% 3 PT / 84% FT

Durant averaged more points, more blocks and shot better from the field, 3 pt line and FT line.
Lebron averaged more rebounds, assists and steals.

RRR3
07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Lebron James = 28.6 ppg / 10.2 rpg / 7.4 apg / 1.6 spg / 0.4 bpg on 47% FG/ 19% 3 PT / 83% FT

Kevin Durant = 30.6 ppg / 6.0 rpg / 2.2 apg / 1.4 apg / 1.0 bpg on 55% FG / 39% 3 PT / 84% FT

Durant averaged more points, more blocks and shot better from the field, 3 pt line and FT line.
Are you an idiot?

ripthekik
07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Actually he didn't. All Durant did was score. He literally didn't contribute anything else.
In his first game he contributed more than lebron's 2 previous playoffs runs.. :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Aside from blocks, thats just another way of saying Durant scored more. Lebron contributed in more important areas. And you're a hypocrite if you say Durant shouldn't be blamed for losing with HCA and being the favorite.

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Cause KD didnt average something like 22ppg on 35fg% with 6 TO in his first finals series someone like choKING JAMES have done.. :oldlol:

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Cause KD didnt average something like 22ppg on 35fg% with 6 TO in his first finals series someone like choKING JAMES have done.. :oldlol:
Do you, as a Kobe' fan, really wanna talk about finals' averages????:rolleyes:

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Do you, as a Kobe' fan, really wanna talk about finals' averages????:rolleyes:
Im talking about first finals appearance here where Kobe was limited in game due to injury and only played 5 out of 6 games.. If Kobe was healthy no doubt he average the same or close to KD stats..

clayton
07-07-2012, 02:29 PM
He doesn't have much haters.

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Im talking about first finals appearance here where Kobe was limited in game due to injury and only played 5 out of 6 games.. If Kobe was healthy no doubt he average the same or close to KD stats..
And what about finals against Pistons, 76ers, Celtics, when he had similiar stats as a 22 year old James leading alone his team to the finals???

vert48
07-07-2012, 02:33 PM
The main reason is that he did not tattoo "Chosen 1" on his back. Once you do that, you cannot fail, or you deserve to be ridiculed.

Legends66NBA7
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Are you an idiot?

What did he state that was wrong ?

The Choken One
07-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Westbrook is the best/more important player on the Thunder.

Guy is a freak...

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 02:47 PM
And what about finals against Pistons, 76ers, Celtics, when he had similiar stats as a 22 year old James leading alone his team to the finals???
He only played bad against Piston cause of him and Shaq conflict, decent against Phila and I can say great against Celtics cause they are really good defensive team..

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 03:09 PM
He only played bad against Piston cause of him and Shaq conflict, decent against Phila and I can say great against Celtics cause they are really good defensive team..
Great defensive team, and at the same time the team tortured by both Wade and James through many many years. Right. You are saying decent and great for Kobe playing the same as 22 year old James, but still James played so poorly according to you. So are you saying, your expectations for James are so higher than for Kobe? So even you are admitting that James is bigger talent and better player than Kobe? Get your mind right and grow the fyck up.

Rainwound
07-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Westbrook is the best/more important player on the Thunder.

Guy is a freak...
No, he's not their best player, but yes, he is a freak. In a good way.

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Great defensive team, and at the same time the team tortured by both Wade and James through many many years. Right. You are saying decent and great for Kobe playing the same as 22 year old James, but still James played so poorly according to you. So are you saying, your expectations for James are so higher than for Kobe? So even you are admitting that James is bigger talent and better player than Kobe? Get your mind right and grow the fyck up.
You're wrong.. Kobe played the Celtics in the finals... Finals are different than regular Playoff.. There are too much pressure in the finals just like what happen to Lebron against the Mavs.. Mavs are not great defensive team but Lebron failed to play by his standard.. While Kobe played against the best defensive team in the finals he still played by his standard but a little less efficient.. You know it sometimes happen to all great players when they played in the finals they're shooting percentage goes down..

Ikill
07-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Durant was the best player in the finals 31 points on 55% :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
You're wrong.. Kobe played the Celtics in the finals... Finals are different than regular Playoff.. There are too much pressure in the finals just like what happen to Lebron against the Mavs.. Mavs are not great defensive team but Lebron failed to play by his standard.. While Kobe played against the best defensive team in the finals he still played by his standard but a little less efficient.. You know it sometimes happen to all great players when they played in the finals they're shooting percentage goes down..
And Kobe shot 42% against the Magic with Courtney fcking Lee guarding him! Mavs were just a nightmare for LBJ in terms of players they could use to stop him, and my opinion is that you will not find two better defenders for Lebron than Marion at the perimeter and Chandler in the paint. Just admit that Kobe is bad finals performer and we are cool.

Cali Syndicate
07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
The same applies to Durant as it has for so long with Lebron. Durant didn't have enough help. Westbrook is the only one who really showed up. Durant played very well, a little too passive at times, but overall very well keeping in mind he's a whole 23 years old? So why would anyone bash him?

Lebron was in his prime two seasons ago coming off 2 MVP's in Cleveland and regarded as the best player in the world while teaming up with the 2 very capable players while claiming he was gonna win the franchise how many championships again? And then brought what he did to the table against the Mavs. Lebron failed hard. Durant on the other hand didn't.

Bandwagon much? On to the next one....

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 03:52 PM
The same applies to Durant as it has for so long with Lebron. Durant didn't have enough help. Westbrook is the only one who really showed up. Durant played very well, a little too passive at times, but overall very well keeping in mind he's a whole 23 years old? So why would anyone bash him?

Lebron was in his prime two seasons ago coming off 2 MVP's in Cleveland and regarded as the best player in the world while teaming up with the 2 very capable players while claiming he was gonna win the franchise how many championships again? And then brought what he did to the table against the Mavs. Lebron failed hard. Durant on the other hand didn't.
On one hand, Durant is one to blame for bad performances of his teammates because he was just awfull creator and team player. If they got enough open shots, his teammates would score smt. And dont forget that Magic Johnson won FMVP with 16/8/10 and you are acting like Lebron's 18/8/7 or smt so bad. He just disappeared in the 4th Qs and thats it.

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
And Kobe shot 42% against the Magic with Courtney fcking Lee guarding him! Mavs were just a nightmare for LBJ in terms of players they could use to stop him, and my opinion is that you will not find two better defenders for Lebron than Marion at the perimeter and Chandler in the paint. Just admit that Kobe is bad finals performer and we are cool.
Kobe doesnt care about shooting percentage, he cares only about winning.. I rather had my player shoot 40+ from the field and win the game than shoot 50+fg% but lose the game.. Lebron cared about his stats too much thats why he failed to win in his first two finals series..

Btw defense is not all about the player who is guarding you it also involve the team defense.. Magic were using their team defense against Kobe and they also got the DPOY roaming the paint and most of Kobe shot came from jump shot.. 42% seems efficient to me if most of your shot came from jumpers..

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Kobe doesnt care about shooting percentage, he cares only about winning.. I rather had my player shoot 40+ from the field and win the game than shoot 50+fg% but lose the game.. Lebron cared about his stats too much thats why he failed to win in his first two finals series..

Btw defense is not all about the player who is guarding you it also involve the team defense.. Magic were using their team defense against Kobe and they also got the DPOY roaming the paint and most of Kobe shot came from jump shot.. 42% seems efficient to me if most of your shot came from jumpers..
And Mavs did not play great team defense on Lebron? Check out that Marc Cuban' interview where he talked about defense they played. Mavs defense on Lebron last year>>>>>> Magic defense on Kobe. And it was Gasol who was making the most problems for Magic, not Kobe.

And you really think some player cares about stats in the freaking finals??? It was not Kobe's merit they won, it was his supporting cast playing bball of their lives that won it.

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 04:22 PM
And Mavs did not play great team defense on Lebron? Check out that Marc Cuban' interview where he talked about defense they played. Mavs defense on Lebron last year>>>>>> Magic defense on Kobe. And it was Gasol who was making the most problems for Magic, not Kobe.

And you really think some player cares about stats in the freaking finals??? It was not Kobe's merit they won, it was his supporting cast playing bball of their lives that won it.
Ok but still Kobe>>>Lebron... Cant reply at you atm gonna do something back at you later.. :D

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Durant was the best player in the finals 31 points on 55% :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

So what you are saying is you didn't watch the Finals, right?

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 04:26 PM
What did he state that was wrong ?

Nothing he said was wrong. But no one is arguing that Durant wasn't the best scorer in the the Finals. The point is that Durant failed to contribute much anywhwere else.

LEFT4DEAD
07-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Ok but still Kobe>>>Lebron... Cant reply at you atm gonna do something back at you later.. :D
:biggums:
:lol

Cali Syndicate
07-07-2012, 05:10 PM
On one hand, Durant is one to blame for bad performances of his teammates because he was just awfull creator and team player. If they got enough open shots, his teammates would score smt. And dont forget that Magic Johnson won FMVP with 16/8/10 and you are acting like Lebron's 18/8/7 or smt so bad. He just disappeared in the 4th Qs and thats it.

Play maker? Durant's never really been given that role, he's a move without the ball get open or create for yourself kind of player (a better version of Reggie Miller). RW and Harden are the play makers, Durant the scorer and closer. That's been their identity and obviously has been effective. And the Thunder teammates had plenty of open opportunities, they just could knock them down. RW was taking A LOT of shots too and possibly taking away role players rhythms.

As far as Magic, statistically those finals numbers are not much different than his regular season numbers. Lebron was putting up great number in the regular season all the way right up to the finals then withers to a 18/7/7 player. Lebron deserved that bashing, Durant not so much.

noosaman
07-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Durant is the newest fraud in the NBA. He is the league's favorite child now though too. He needs teammates to get him open looks and he does nothing outside of scoring. He's basically a 7 foot monta ellis but with a far superior supporting cast.

Force
07-07-2012, 05:29 PM

How can you even compare the two series?

Lebron
Eric Snow
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Big Z

Durant would have been lucky to make it out the first round with that team. At age 21, he probably would have been eliminated in the first.

Myth
07-07-2012, 05:37 PM
At the end of any series, one of 2 things usually happens:
(1) The winning team/player gets praised for taking over.
(2) The losing team/player gets bashed for failing.

Rarely, do both happen, it is typically one or the other. This series was attributed more to LeBron's greatness rather than Durant's shortcomings. This is in contrast to say, the Magic beating Cleveland which was attributed to Lebron's failures, while Dwight and the Magic got little credit.

RRR3
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
At the end of any series, one of 2 things usually happens:
(1) The winning team/player gets praised for taking over.
(2) The losing team/player gets bashed for failing.

Rarely, do both happen, it is typically one or the other. This series was attributed more to LeBron's greatness rather than Durant's shortcomings. This is in contrast to say, the Magic beating Cleveland which was attributed to Lebron's failures, while Dwight and the Magic got little credit.
38-8-8 on 49% shooting. GOAT "failure" :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Ikill
07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
So what you are saying is you didn't watch the Finals, right?
I watched every single game Lebron won because his team played better not because he played better than Durant.

Ikill
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
how can people say Durant was being passive when he was taking 21 shots a game in the finals which is more than what he averaged in the regular season and every series before

noosaman
07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
how can people say Durant was being passive when he was taking 21 shots a game

Because all he did was stand behind the 3 point line taking jumpshots. He shot a lot but he put no pressure on the defense.

CelticBaller
07-07-2012, 06:15 PM
How can you even compare the two series?

Lebron
Eric Snow
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Big Z

Durant would have been lucky to make it out the first round with that team. At age 21, he probably would have been eliminated in the first.
I can compare the two series because OPs basically asked why isn't Durant getting bashed as much as LeBron was when he lost in the finals, Durant played Good, LeBron didn't,LeBron is the "chosen1" Duran't isnt

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2012, 06:21 PM
I can compare the two series because OPs basically asked why isn't Durant getting bashed as much as LeBron was when he lost in the finals, Durant played Good, LeBron didn't,LeBron is the "chosen1" Duran't isnt

That wasn't my point at all. Lebron should have been bashed, and was. But I see no reason why Durant gets a pass when his team 1( lost with HCA and were favored 2( didn't step up in other areas aside from scoring. Never once did I say Durant should be blamed the same way Bron was in 2011. But he shouldn't get a pass either. He had a very talented team and was favored to win.