PDA

View Full Version : What now, Boston fans?

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Ray Allen signs with Miami. What sort of options does the Boston front office have at this point?

Try and derail Miami's attempts to lure Camby by offering future picks to Houston in a sign-and-trade deal? Or perhaps do the same for Shannon Brown/Michael Redd in Phoenix? The choices are limited at this point.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Try to get Camby, sing a wing, hope Jeff green's deal isn't 10 million :confusedshrug:

chazzy
Is another wing really needed? Already have Green and Terry as your backup perimeter players. They should just focus on a big like Camby.

Derka
Disappointed in Ray, but he's made his bed. He can lie in it now. Thought he was more of a competitor than this.

Haymaker
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
They already signed Terry. They just need Camby and that's it.

Jyap9675
07-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Heat's gna be hard to guard, they're gna have to prevent wade/james driving through dbl teaming but leave allen/chalmers open for threes. So we need a players who can guard wade/james without requiring help.

We need shawn marion

Real Men Wear Green
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Signing Terry lessens the damage of losing Allen. Ainge may have done it in preparation for this moment. There's no cap space left and the bench should be pretty good, I'd stand pat unless a star comes available.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
SMH where the mods at? keep these heat fans out of here

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Acquire Marcus Camby to fix the front-court issues and also to prevent Miami from acquiring Camby themselves.

RRR3
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
lol there's nothing those loser celtics can do.

the ONLY thing they have left to do is...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5llTNlwc3zg/TI3eIGuKvbI/AAAAAAAAANc/CGmPbMPsB7Y/s1600/godfather.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Shut the **** up

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Is another wing really needed? Already have Green and Terry as your backup perimeter players. They should just focus on a big like Camby.
They where planning to switch terry to the PG but now that ray is gone you may be right

rawimpact
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Boston... where years of turmoil is frequent

Doctor Rivers
07-06-2012, 10:26 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5llTNlwc3zg/TI3eIGuKvbI/AAAAAAAAANc/CGmPbMPsB7Y/s1600/godfather.jpg

lol obnoxious

SpecialQue
07-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Please stop quoting Hank. I put that f@gg0t on my ignore list for a reason.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 10:36 PM
anyways, ainge has a hard on on mayo, might as well see if we can get him with allen money

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM

It's great how posters like this get free reign over this board and I get banned for getting in thoughtful, contentious spats with other posters. This forum is laughably mismanaged.

RRR3
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
It's great how posters like this get free reign over this board and I get banned for getting in thoughtful, contentious spats with other posters. This forum is laughably mismanaged.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Brujesino
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Andris Biedrins is the only answer the Celtics have left.

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Rondo/Bradley/Terry is a quality back court but I'd prefer to get another dead-eye shooter as insurance for any one of those three. If Rondo goes down, you can split PG duties between Terry/Bradley and alternate them into the SG spot with another guy, like a Michael Redd or Leandro Barbosa. Same applies if either Terry or Bradley go down (which could very well happen, with age being a factor one and prior injures being a factor to another). I'd prefer to start the season with one of those two, pay them the minimum and have it be overkill than approach the trade deadline saddled with injuries and having to sign whatever scraps are left over.

I'd still like to see Ainge move future picks to Houston for Camby in a sign-and-trade.

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Andris Biedrins is the only answer the Celtics have left.
:lol

El Kabong
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Kwame Brown, come on down!

Boston will be okay after signing Terry. Still got Bradley to start and Terry as the 6th man, who can also spell Rondo at PG. Adding Melo, Sullinger and Green improves them from last years side too.

Still probably not going to beat the Heat, but they certainly won't get worse and are still capable of making the conference finals.

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Rondo/Bradley/Terry is a quality back court but I'd prefer to get another dead-eye shooter as insurance for any one of those three. If Rondo goes down, you can split PG duties between Terry/Bradley and alternate them into the SG spot with another guy, like a Michael Redd or Leandro Barbosa. Same applies if either Terry or Bradley go down (which could very well happen, with age being a factor one and prior injures being a factor to another). I'd prefer to start the season with one of those two, pay them the minimum and have it be overkill than approach the trade deadline saddled with injuries and having to sign whatever scraps are left over.

I'd still like to see Ainge move future picks to Houston for Camby in a sign-and-trade.
Micheal Redd? you want a stretcher in the bench?

Droid101
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM

Oh yeah? What did Riley do last off season?

Nothing.

**** you dude.

El Kabong
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
He played 51 games last year. He wouldn't be playing huge minutes and probably wouldn't cost a huge amount. Good shooter to bring off the bench and you probably won't find anyone better.

winnnaz
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Terry = Allen

Biggest losers from this are the Mavs

b1imtf
07-06-2012, 10:55 PM

17>2

AMISTILLILL
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
A career 38% 3-pt shooter likely to sign cheap for a shot with a contender, who will get less than 12 minutes a game and burn during garbage time, as well as minutes when three primary rotation players miss time with 100% expected injuries. He averaged over 8 PPG in just over 15 minutes a game last season. Sit back down.

PickernRoller
07-06-2012, 10:59 PM

You mean to tell me that what Riley has done till this day can beat the Shaq and Kobe moves...:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ProfessorMurder
07-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Go for Camby and Hinrich.

Meticode
07-07-2012, 01:07 AM
I hope they leave Garnett at center whatever they do.

Kews1
07-07-2012, 01:07 AM
trade Rondo,JaJuan,Moore & picks for dwight :rockon:

Terry
Avery
Pierce
KG
Howard

Get it done Danny :applause:

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:08 AM
I hope they leave Garnett at center whatever they do.
I'm starting to believe they resign Chris Wilcox at center and play A LOT of KG at the 5 with Green and Bass at the 4. It seems like a Doc move, and I can't see Ainge making moves that place them in a precarious financial situation for nothing more than an aging center like Camby... even if he DOES bring an unbelievable presence on the boards to a team sorely lacking in that department.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-07-2012, 01:09 AM
After we sign Jeff Green, and maybe resign a few players from last season (Dooling, Pietrus, Wilcox), we're done for the offseason.

If healthy we have a team that will compete next season.

lilgodfather1
07-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Hopefully they make the ECF and give the Heat another incredible series.

Kews1
07-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Hopefully they make the ECF and give the Heat another incredible series.

beat the heat you mean********** :lol

im still like RayRay but id be glad to send him packing while we go on to win another championship without him :cheers:

Freedom Kid7
07-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Heat's gna be hard to guard, they're gna have to prevent wade/james driving through dbl teaming but leave allen/chalmers open for threes. So we need a players who can guard wade/james without requiring help.

We need shawn marion
Isn't Marion the only thing useful not named Dirk for the Mavs at this point?

Unforgiven
07-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Hope Green is healthy, that's KG/Pierce don't get injured.

Bradley will improve, Jet is a nue addition and can create his own shot.

Just reload and go again...

unknowns8
07-07-2012, 01:38 AM
strange that ray woudl leave 6mill and 'no clause' on the table to join a rival conference team :confusedshrug:

boston will be fine... throw the extra 6mill left over from ray at camby and we're good to go to the ECF... if our full roster stays healthy and united and plays like we did in this last play offs then we'll almost certainly get thru the heat

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:41 AM
strange that ray woudl leave 6mill and 'no clause' on the table to join a rival conference team :confusedshrug:

boston will be fine... throw the extra 6mill left over from ray at camby and we're good to go to the ECF... if our full roster stays healthy and united and plays like we did in this last play offs then we'll almost certainly get thru the heat
They could only offer Ray $6 million because he was their free agent. The only way they can acquire Camby is through a sign-and-trade or if he signs for the minimum.

unknowns8
07-07-2012, 01:45 AM
They could only offer Ray $6 million because he was their free agent. The only way they can acquire Camby is through a sign-and-trade or if he signs for the minimum.

how much will camby cost and does that put C's over?

if not, u pull the trigger on that deal immediately

Tenchi Ryu
07-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Already posted this in another thread, but imo opinion, Boston hasn't loss anything, and might have actually gained something with Terry. Ray still had his 3 point touch, but the rest of his game just wasn't the same compared to prime ray who could get hot from anywhere on the court.

Terry can give you some slashing, a better field of court vision and passing, and while not Ray allen 3 point clutch, can be pretty damn clutch himself from the perimeter.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
how much will camby cost and does that put C's over?

if not, u pull the trigger on that deal immediately
With Green, KG, Terry, and Bass's contracts, Boston is already over the cap by about $7 or $8 million. It'll be a drop in the bucket to snag Camby through sign-and-trade at this point, at least until 2013-2014 when the punitive damages are increased.

unknowns8
07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
With Green, KG, Terry, and Bass's contracts, Boston is already over the cap by about $7 or $8 million. It'll be a drop in the bucket to snag Camby through sign-and-trade at this point, at least until 2013-2014 when the punitive damages are increased.

are boston keen to do this though?

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
are boston keen to do this though?
I doubt it. I'd like to think the Boston front office has a mean streak, and would be trying to take Camby out from underneath the Heat in retaliation... but it's probably nothing like that. According to reports, Boston and Camby aren't even on one anothers radar. Plus the packages the Celtics can put together are pretty underwhelming. At least Miami has some veteran pieces, or a young prospect like Norris Cole that they'd potentially part with. I don't want Boston parting with their young prospect in Avery Bradley.

unknowns8
07-07-2012, 02:36 AM
I doubt it. I'd like to think the Boston front office has a mean streak, and would be trying to take Camby out from underneath the Heat in retaliation... but it's probably nothing like that. According to reports, Boston and Camby aren't even on one anothers radar. Plus the packages the Celtics can put together are pretty underwhelming. At least Miami has some veteran pieces, or a young prospect like Norris Cole that they'd potentially part with. I don't want Boston parting with their young prospect in Avery Bradley.

me too... Bradley will remain with Boston for a while too ... I don't think they'll trade away such a good prospect that they themselves unearthed, not now that Ray is gone

Mach_3
07-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Try to get Camby, sing a wing, hope Jeff green's deal isn't 10 million :confusedshrug:

This and move garnett back to the 4

Rondo/Kirk maybe?:confusedshrug:
Bradley (hopefully healthy)/ Jet
Pierce/Green/Pietrus
Garnett/Bass/Sullinger/Green
Camby/Stiesma/Fab Melo

Something like that, if were healthy we can stand with any team in the L

Raz
07-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Please stop quoting Hank. I put that f@gg0t on my ignore list for a reason.

Good call bro - done!

Current roster:
CT: - / - / Melo
PF: Garnett/ Bass/ Sullinger/ Johnson
SF: Pierce/ Green/ Joseph
SG: Bradley/ -
PG: Rondo/ Terry/ Moore

I'm with other people here, we have a few options moving forward.

Two holes at center (yes, I know Garnett can play center, too)
1. Center - We can bring in Camby at the Bi-Annual, or Krstic at MLE money (we have his bird rights). We can re-sign Stiemsma, or we could move Garnett to center.

2.Shooting guard - We can re-sign Pietrus. Or we could take a flyer on a guy like Gerald Green, Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Kelenna Azuibuike, Courtney Lee (for a discount) or even Carlos Delfino (for a discount). Alternatively we could get 2 of these guys by not signing Kris Joseph, or by just signing one center.

What do you think is our best option moving forward?

JohnnySic
07-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Signing Redd would mitigate the loss of Allen. Redd is basically Allen's evil twin, and Allen at this point is just a shooter, not that great at working the picks anymore.

UConnCeltics
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
What do you think is our best option moving forward?

Rondo
Bradley/Terry/Redd
Pierce/Green/Pietrus
KG/Bass/Sullinger
Camby/Steims/Melo

Best case scenario right there. Losing Allen isn't that big of a deal, at this point like Sic said he is just a spot up bench shooter who was overtaken by Bradley and Ray only got his playing time back because of his injury.

Derka
07-07-2012, 09:00 AM
It occurs to me that thanks to the bi-annual exception, Boston can still offer Camby more money than Miami, lol.

Miami's somehow gonna trade for Camby because that's our luck. Then Brand and Lewis will sign for the minimum because, again, Boston luck.

At that point, Len Bias will rise from his grave and overdose again just to punctuate things.

All Net
07-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Sadly for Boston they only have the min left...

Rekindled
07-07-2012, 09:18 AM
btw knicks in the lead for camby, boston not in he mix. it's between kniks and heat

Jax
07-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Maybe post this in Celtics forum?

Johnni Gade
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Im depressed.

Raz
07-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Rondo
Bradley/Terry/Redd
Pierce/Green/Pietrus
KG/Bass/Sullinger
Camby/Steims/Melo

Best case scenario right there. Losing Allen isn't that big of a deal, at this point like Sic said he is just a spot up bench shooter who was overtaken by Bradley and Ray only got his playing time back because of his injury.

That's true, and Terry is far more versatile as well.

Check out my post here:
http://www.celtic-nation.com/blog/2012/07/07/a-ray-of-hope-filling-out-the-roster/

It's a good website to check out compared to the ghost town Celtics forum here.

NumberSix
07-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Disappointed in Ray, but he's made his bed. He can lie in it now. Thought he was more of a competitor than this.
How was teaming up with KG, PP and Rondo any different? :confusedshrug:

Salt

ProfessorMurder
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Salt

Trade vs. bitching out

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Maybe post this in Celtics forum?
Maybe don't come into the thread if it offends your delicate sensibilities? Don't pretend as if there aren't a myriad of threads directed to one fan base in particular on this forum. :rolleyes:

chosen_one6
07-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Trade vs. bitching out

Because players have NO control over where they get traded right? :facepalm

Derka
07-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Peter May wrote a book about the 2008 team's formation. Funny thing is neither KG or Ray had a choice in those deals...both the Sonics and the Wolves were looking to unload them before the season started. Both guys wanted to play for a winner and Danny just happened to have the pieces to make the deals work after landing the Jeff Green pick. KG would probably have been shipped here anyway...he just wouldn't have been all too happy about it had Ray not been sent here, as well.

Funny story: both teams wanted Rondo in the respective deals, even in back in 2007.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM

Derka
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM

Salt

Voluntarily joining the team that beat you two years running in the playoffs

vs.

Being traded to a 27 win team looking to change direction

Its completely different, and I'd explain it further for you...but you're sort of a bag of shit, so I won't.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 03:05 PM
At this point, who really cares why he did it? Figuring out the thought process behind the move shouldn't really be job #1 in the eyes of the Boston faithful. If people watch basketball and place greater emphasis on the storylines than the gameplay itself, why not just go watch "The OC" or "All My Children" instead?

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm guessing Ray just felt under appreciated. He's always been out of the spotlight because of Pierce and KG, and obviously it doesn't help the Celtics tried to trade him at the deadline. Add in the fact KG got rewarded with a pretty big deal and Allen was offered like $6 million per year, and there ya go.

Mr. Incredible
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
That's true, and Terry is far more versatile as well.

Check out my post here:
http://www.celtic-nation.com/blog/2012/07/07/a-ray-of-hope-filling-out-the-roster/

It's a good website to check out compared to the ghost town Celtics forum here.
Be careful what you wish for. I doubt they would be able to beat the Heat next year.