PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard trade talk involving Magic and Nets

G-Funk
07-06-2012, 10:41 PM
From an Orlando local radio/tv station:

Magic reportedly "very close" to Howard trade

Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned tonight that a trade for Dwight Howard is immenent.

Orlando, FLA. -

Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore learned Friday night from NBA sources
that the Orlando Magic are "very close" to trading center Dwight Howard.

Pingalore's sources, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the proceedings, were not ready to name the team that the Magic were trading
Howard to at this time. One source told Pingalore they were "very confident that a deal is close to
being done." The parameters of trades can be discussed now, but they can't become official until Wednesday under NBA rules.

The sources believe that the Brooklyn Nets are out of the mix to land Howard.

The sources could not stress enough that a deal is close to being finalized and that the Magic will meet Howard's
trade request to play elsewhere next season.

Brooklyn had been Howard's first choice from December, when he first asked to be traded. Howard said he will not
sign an extension after this season with any team other than the Nets. The all-star center's preferred destination has been limited to just one team since the trade
request that he reiterated to new Magic GM Rob Hennigan last Friday in Los Angeles.

Pingalore's sources believe that the Los Angeles Lakers are very much in play for Howard. The Lakers reached an agreement for a sign-and-trade deal for two-time MVP point guard Steve Nash on Wednesday. A deal for Howard could result in the Lakers shipping center Andrew Bynum or power forward Pau Gasol to Orlando.

Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant was asked about Howard on Friday during a Team USA media
session in Las Vegas. "I want what's best for him,'' Bryant said. "I want him to do what he
feels is best for him, what's going to make him happy."

Kobe added after being asked about the Lakers recent roster moves, "I don't know
if we're done yet."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Mag...bz/-/index.htm

inclinerator
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
same sht different day

chazzy
07-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Proper link

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Magic-reportedly-very-close-to-Howard-trade/-/1637132/15434348/-/g8kxebz/-/index.html

TMT
Awesome. I'm just ready to get this done so Orlando can start the rebuilding process already. Bynum will do fine as the number 1 man down here.

DaSeba5
A scary team is brewing in LA while Orlando once again fades away into the lottery.

G-Funk
Sorry to poop the party Heat fans:D

RRR3
07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
No matter who the Lakers get, the Heat will always have one player better than anyone else on either team.

G-Funk
07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
A scary team is brewing in LA while Orlando once again fades away into the lottery.

vice versa

CelticBaller
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
God I hate when we're not one of the stacked teams :lol

G-Funk
No matter who the Lakers get, the Heat will always have one player better than anyone else on either team.

It don't matter, Lakers look like a better mix.

DaSeba5

If the Lakers get Howard and win the west, the Finals is going to be epic if the Heat win the east! :cheers:

NoGunzJustSkillz
even if they land dwight, lakers need to solidify that bench or they ain't winning sh!t.

niko
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I made that website to troll Laker fans. tomorrow im goign to make one to troll net fans. I plan to pit you against each other until you are all gone.

G-Funk
07-06-2012, 10:47 PM
even if they land dwight, lakers need to solidify that bench or they ain't winning sh!t.
Nash turns scrubs into good players.

DaSeba5
07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
This Howard crap needs to end already. It's getting old. Just trade him to LA or Brooklyn already and call it a day.

Reverend Hoops
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Guys the article doesn't say the Lakers are getting D12. it says he will be traded to another team.

It is just regurgitating that same "still in play" rhetoric about the Lakers. So are the Hawks, Rockets, Mavs

Nets are out.

chazzy
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Role players will be even more enticed to come if this goes through. Still have mini MLE. Or potential S&T with Hill/Sessions, doubtful though

niko
People need to stop with the "I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT, JUST TRADE HIM". Just dont pay attention. :confusedshrug:

chazzy
Guys the article doesn't say the Lakers are getting D12. it says he will be traded to another team.

It is just regurgitating that same "still in play" rhetoric about the Lakers. So are the Hawks, Rockets, Mavs

Nets are out.
Half the article is about the Lakers

niko

Nets are out.
The Nets are out when i say they are out and not a minute before.

niko
07-06-2012, 10:51 PM
The Nets are out. (Does anyone seriously believe this source?)

G-Funk
07-06-2012, 10:51 PM

Nets are out.

Lol. Something tells me it's not L.A if this is true.

Everyone knows Brooklyn and L.A are the most connected so if this person doesn't want the team to be named, I think it's because it's someone else(Hawks).

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Nash turns scrubs into good players.
I sure wish Sessions was backing up Nash.

Meticode
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
This might be a blessing for the Nets. I do agree Dwight Howard is better than Lopez and Humperies...but just possibly the Nets might be a better overall "team". It might give the Nets more flexibility in the future too? Not sure, just assuming things.

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humperies
Brook Lopez

GOBB
07-06-2012, 10:53 PM
People need to stop with the "I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT, JUST TRADE HIM". Just dont pay attention. :confusedshrug:

1. Why doesnt ISH have an app fpr iPhone yet?

2. Its hard to not pay attention when this news dominates sports talk. I jump on to check out any recent updates on rumors for the offseason and I see this thread. About an hour or two ago I saw bleedinpurple thread on Dwight. Hard not to pay attention when you sift thru topics to see whats posted and its Dwight news. Now I try my best to stay out of them, but you cant just censor your eyes from seeing news on it.

3. Sixers > Knicks = Nets, you really obtuse and mad doe :coleman:

Reverend Hoops
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Lol. Something tells me it's not L.A if this is true.

Everyone knows Brooklyn and L.A are the most connected so if this person doesn't want the team to be named, I think it's because it's someone else(Hawks).

Very good point homie. Why would they be so shy to name the team if its the Lakers/Nets?:lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Very good point homie. Why would they be so shy to name the team if its the Lakers/Nets?:lol

Pingalore's sources, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the proceedings, were not ready to name the team that the Magic were trading
Howard to at this time.

Pingalore's sources believe that the Los Angeles Lakers are very much in play for Howard.

:coleman:

flipogb
07-06-2012, 10:56 PM
This might be a blessing for the Nets. I do agree Dwight Howard is better than Lopez and Humperies...but just possibly the Nets might be a better overall "team". It might give the Nets more flexibility in the future too? Not sure, just assuming things.

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humperies
Brook Lopez
Dwight or not , this team will be damn good

Lopez while not the best is a very capable center and people are
sleeping on him

and Humphries is a good rebounder

DaSeba5
07-06-2012, 10:57 PM

2. Its hard to not pay attention when this news dominates sports talk. I jump on to check out any recent updates on rumors for the offseason and I see this thread. About an hour or two ago I saw bleedinpurple thread on Dwight. Hard not to pay attention when you sift thru topics to see whats posted and its Dwight news. Now I try my best to stay out of them, but you cant just censor your eyes from seeing news on it.

This

niko
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM

Yes, that would be nice (the app).

Knicks > Nets > bunion on my ass > Sixers

BlackVVaves
07-06-2012, 10:59 PM
The Nets are out. (Does anyone seriously believe this source?)

:lol

niko
Please please please let him go to the Hawks. And then the Net fans and Laker fans will argue over who got screwed more. Please please.

G-Funk
Maybe some BS article that wanted to get hits. I'm not believing anything anymore unless Woj says done deal or Buss wakes up in Paris or some random country and tweets: "Just woke up to great news, welcome to the P&G D12!"

fpliii
just do Bynum + Artest for Dwight + Turk or JRich

we all know it's gonna happen, don't waste anymore of our time

Reverend Hoops
07-06-2012, 11:01 PM
:coleman:

"Were not willing to name the team they were trading to, but they named the Lakers":oldlol:

jk

Yeah Lakers are still in play. Doesn't mean they are the anonymous team. The source didn't say anything about the team.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-06-2012, 11:05 PM
"Were not willing to name the team they were trading to, but they named the Lakers":oldlol:

jk

Yeah Lakers are still in play. Doesn't mean they are the anonymous team. The source didn't say anything about the team.
i'm just saying, why even mention the lakers in the last 3 paragraphs? if it was the hawks, would they talk about dwight howards friendship with josh smith and their trade of joe johnson? just something to think about.

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Rob Hennigan wants to be praised for trading Dwight Howard. The only way he does that is to trade him to any team except the Nets. GM's will applaud him for holding his own against a superstar and doing what's in the best interest for Orlando and not Dwight. Enjoy Dwight laker fans. :(

Meticode
07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Dwight or not , this team will be damn good

Lopez while not the best is a very capable center and people are
sleeping on him

and Humphries is a good rebounder
Yea, I'm all for Howard and star-power of course. You're going to take a chance with that if you can get it, but that team might work out better in the end. Wallace will provide 7-10 rebounds per game, Humphries will get around 10 rebounds a game, then Brook Lopez can chip in with his subpar 6-9 rebounds a game.

Nets potential lineup w/ stats of their last full years without injury...

Williams - 21.0 PPG / 8.7 APG / 3.3 RPG / 1.2 SPG (11-12)
Johnson - 18.8 PPG / 3.7 RPG / 3.8 APG / 1.3 SPG (11-12)
Wallace - 13.8 PPG / 6.7 RPG / 1.5 SPG (11-12)
Humphries - 13.8 PPG / 11.0 RPG / 1.2 BPG (11-12)
Lopez - 20.4 PPG / 6.0 RPG / 1.5 BPG (10-11)

NBA2k-Monster23
07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Rob Kunz ‏@Rob10TVSports
RT @jclong: WKMG TV in Orlando reporting a Dwight Howard trade is "imminent" and it's not to the Nets... appears to be to the Lakers.
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite

G-Funk
07-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Rob Kunz ‏@Rob10TVSports
RT @jclong: WKMG TV in Orlando reporting a Dwight Howard trade is "imminent" and it's not to the Nets... appears to be to the Lakers.
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite
same report?:confusedshrug:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Rob Kunz ‏@Rob10TVSports
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite
:eek: :eek: :eek:

rawimpact
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM

Is this the same player that had to deduct his salary to play with two other stars in their prime? Insecure much?

niko
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Everyone is posting the same report. Wait for a 2nd (reliable) source.

NBA2k-Monster23

I don't know. Something I just picked up off another forum....

chazzy
Yes. Jarrod Rudolph is downplaying this though (the guy who Dwight's been releasing statement's through)

niko
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Rob Hennigan wants to be praised for trading Dwight Howard. The only way he does that is to trade him to any team except the Nets. GM's will applaud him for holding his own against a superstar and doing what's in the best interest for Orlando and not Dwight. Enjoy Dwight laker fans. :(
Id not quit quite yet (although its saturday, good reason to get drunk, and when you wake up, maybe its not true).'

This isnt the best source.

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Only if D12 called the Lakers and said that if traded there he would only give 20% of his ability and he won't rebound or defend. The lakers would back out thus forcing rob to trade him to the bets. :)

Troutfisch
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Hennigan knows they have to ship Howard while they can or they'll have that albatross around their neck for another season.

Orlando is coming off a tad desperate though, making this all the more fun to watch...:lol

SpaceJammeR
Yea, I'm all for Howard and star-power of course. You're going to take a chance with that if you can get it, but that team might work out better in the end. Wallace will provide 7-10 rebounds per game, Humphries will get around 10 rebounds a game, then Brook Lopez can chip in with his subpar 6-9 rebounds a game.

Nets potential lineup w/ stats of their last full years without injury...

Williams - 21.0 PPG / 8.7 APG / 3.3 RPG / 1.2 SPG (11-12)
Johnson - 18.8 PPG / 3.7 RPG / 3.8 APG / 1.3 SPG (11-12)
Wallace - 13.8 PPG / 6.7 RPG / 1.5 SPG (11-12)
Humphries - 13.8 PPG / 11.0 RPG / 1.2 BPG (11-12)
Lopez - 20.4 PPG / 6.0 RPG / 1.5 BPG (10-11)

i like this team. well balanced imo.

Yung D-Will
Can the dude just fing leave already? I feel like I've been seeing these trade reports/rumors for like a year and a half

chazzy
07-06-2012, 11:16 PM
i like this team. well balanced imo.
Not much interior D

niko
07-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Yes. Jarrod Rudolph is downplaying this though (the guy who Dwight's been releasing statement's through)
You can't trust him though. (although im iffy on this source) He was told by Dwight to say BROOKLYN BROOKLYN. he was on the radio yesterday and he spoke like one of the ISH net fans ignoring the fact Lopez and like half the world need to sign off on S&T, etc. Like the trade was easy.

IF its the Nets, the news will break as "Magic and Nets are trying to finalize a deal" because it will get to Lopez and Hump's agents, etc. The way he said the Brooklyn deal was happening, clearly propoganda.

D12"Magic"
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Same shit, different day, when is it gonna happen?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Anybody know what time this is officially getting announced tonight?

niko
Same shit, different day, when is it gonna happen?
3:49 am TONIGHT. Stay up or you'll miss it.

livinglegend
Cant wait for tomorrow s report: Sources believe that the nets and magic are working on a deal :facepalm

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
good sht, niko always got the inside track.

niko
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
good sht, niko always got the inside track.
i better tweet it out #iaintmakingshitup

Freedom Kid7
07-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Banish him to Charlotte for MKG :lol . He deserves it at this point. This dwightmare stuff is worse than Lebron's decision. Atlanta might be the only realistic move at this point, because the Lakers would need more draft picks to get Howard, which I'm surprised the lakers still have :oldlol:

D12"Magic"
07-06-2012, 11:41 PM
I've felt for it before :lol

spiegel
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Clearly it's the Lakers.

livinglegend
07-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Clearly it's the Lakers.

what else could it be?

chazzy
07-06-2012, 11:49 PM
At least this is a better source than that "Pepper on sports" site

chazzy
07-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
The Lakers and other teams remained in talks with the Magic for Dwight Howard today, but a trade is not imminent, league sources say.

niko
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I doubt anything happens tonight but both Berger and Wojo seem to think Lakers. The Howard mouthpieces and Net supporters seem to be saying Nets. So im leaning Lakers.

But who knows. See ya tomorrow....

chazzy
07-06-2012, 11:58 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Was told half an hour ago by source with direct knowledge of talks that there is no imminent deal for Dwight Howard. FWIW.

flipogb
07-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
The Lakers and other teams remained in talks with the Magic for Dwight Howard today, but a trade is not imminent, league sources say.

translation: "good night guys lets do this again tomorrow"

niko
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
If anyone wants something to do while waiting set up a japanese PSN account and download the MAX ANARCHY demo. That game is the shit.

RIP CITY
07-07-2012, 12:05 AM

Was told half an hour ago by source with direct knowledge of talks that there is no imminent deal for Dwight Howard. FWIW.

rhythmic
07-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I personally don't even want him anymore. This entire ordeal just reinforces to me that he is nothing but an attention whore.

I seriously doubt it takes this long for teams to finalize a deal, unless Dwight is stepping in constantly demand Brooklyn as his only destination; thereby prolonging the process further (by not allowing Orlando to receive the best offer because the Lakers are now hesitant to trade for an uncommited guy).

Promise you it's exactly what's going on.

rhythmic
07-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Bynum tweets

"Just make up your mind Orlando. Send Dwight somewhere!"

chazzy
07-07-2012, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
07-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Didn't he delete his account?

Andrew Bynum

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 12:14 AM
If thats Andrew bynums real twitter account you would have seen those ridiculous tweets on sportscenter by now

flipogb
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
clearly says fan page under the name, so no its not him

chazzy
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 12:16 AM
I'll buy this tweet over any of the garbage sources that have been posted thus far. This is as credible as it gets, outside of a tweet from your GM, coach or the player himself.

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I'll buy this tweet over any of the garbage sources that have been posted thus far. This is as credible as it gets, outside of a tweet from your GM, coach or the player himself.
No one believed the guy who broke the Nash news at first though too

chazzy
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Nets have "30 percent chance" of landing Dwight in trade but likely would turn attention to FAs if it cant be done in a week,source tells Y!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-07-2012, 12:26 AM

Nets have "30 percent chance" of landing Dwight in trade but likely would turn attention to FAs if it cant be done in a week,source tells Y!

lol....Nets...just give up...lakers will play with the Kid GM for a Rob....and then pounce on him

chazzy
07-07-2012, 12:29 AM

lol....Nets...just give up...lakers will play with the Kid GM for a Rob....and then pounce on him
I had no idea he was only 30. Impressive that he's ascended the ranks this quickly

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I had no idea he was only 30. Impressive that he's ascended the ranks this quickly

read somewhere Magic wanted to hire a GM to pay him below 900K/yr contract...thats why Shaq pulled out

chazzy
07-07-2012, 12:39 AM
The Nets only given a 30% chance from a reputable source is huge. You have to think the Lakers have the vast majority of that 70%.. Dallas has nothing to offer and there's been little buzz about ATL.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 12:52 AM
No one believed the guy who broke the Nash news at first though too
There have been too many conflicting reports and changes to the Dwight trade landscape to take any sources - other than extremely reputable ones- seriously, in my opinion. The Nash thing was expected, since he seemed to stay pretty tight lipped about his overall plans. It would logically come from a hometown source, or something of that variety. The fact that it broadsided everyone, when it was assumed the Lakers were out of the running, is a testament to that.

Dwight has done everything shy of sky writing his wishy-washy trade demands across the Orlando skyline. Unless a guy like Woj or Aldridge says a deal is 100% imminent, it's hard to believe this will be a deal similar to Nash.

Meticode
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Didn't he delete his account?
Not sure, I know Kendrick Perkins did...

IGotACoolStory
07-07-2012, 01:05 AM
He will end up in LA.

Orlando will suck, get the top pick in the draft, and then take Nerlens Noel.

Then after his second contract is up, Noel will join the Lakers.

HylianNightmare
07-07-2012, 01:15 AM
He will end up in LA.

Orlando will suck, get the top pick in the draft, and then take Nerlens Noel.

Then after his second contract is up, Noel will join the Lakers.

this:cry:

DirtySanchez
07-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Nets are still in it with Lakers along with Atl and Mavs....still up in the aur anything can happen.

Kappy
07-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I really don't want Howard. We give up arguably the 2nd best center in the league for a guy who 1. doesn't want to play for the Lakers, 2. is a drama queen, and 3. will be gone after this season. "F" that!!

G-Funk
07-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Nets are still in it with Lakers along with Atl and Mavs....still up in the aur anything can happen.
Mavs are not in it :oldlol:

qrich
07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
We all know Dwights coming to the Clips for DeAndre Jordan, Ryan Gomes, Travis Leslie, Trey Thompkins, Greek Shaq and a 2nd Round Pick :oldlol:

niko
07-07-2012, 09:00 AM
The number is so strange, Nets feel they have 30% chance. They better pay Lopez and Hump. Especially Hump, they've destroyed his market value.

"Can you please take him in a S&T? Oh, and we need you to pay him really well even though he has no offers. OH, and if we still can't get Dwight, we'll try to steal him back with a larger offer. But please still, make an offer."

It's not exactly set up to get him maximum value.

EllisGW
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
it's much better if the magic get 1st round picks and a young asset then bynum. Bynum could be gone or gonna cost max dollars. You have more options with picks asset and cap room with other deals. bynum is not guy to make him your franchise player, you add him to an already built team.

mentallooser
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I've been hoping it would be Atlanta. I'm not a fan or anything, but I love the idea of a Howard/Smith front court. I get the feeling that it'll be the Lakers though.

Rekindled
07-07-2012, 09:08 AM
it's much better if the magic get 1st round picks and a young asset then bynum. Bynum could be gone or gonna cost max dollars. You have more options with picks asset and cap room with other deals. bynum is not guy to make him your franchise player, you add him to an already built team.

the problem is any pick would beuseless when you have dwight on your team

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't understand the number "30%"

So only 3/10 times rob is on the phone talking with billy king thus implying it's only a 30% chance?

and 6/10 times he's on the speaking with the lakers

and 1/10 times hes speaking with the hawks

:lol

I don't know who came up with that number. Rob is not going to trade Howard to Brooklyn unless dwight speaks with the lakers and hawks and states to them that he will not defend or rebound or play to his potential. If he does that the lakers would surely back out of the race and rob has no choice but to trade dwight to brooklyn.:cheers:

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 09:19 AM

Nice try, Billy King. When you're trading a guy like Dwight, you best net an all-star in return.

amfirst
07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Of course u have to pay Bynum max. The dude is the best offensive center in the league and could potential take Dwight if someone teaches him the proper defense.

Nets fan 93
07-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Of course u have to pay Bynum max. The dude is the best offensive center in the league and could potential take Dwight if someone teaches him the proper defense.
I'd take Brook on offense.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd take Brook on offense.

Me too. Brook can shoot, has nifty post moves and not only a turn around baby hook like bynum does. Brook can drive from the free throw line down and he has put up very big numbers. Put up 38 points in his second game back from injury. Bynum can rebound and defend much better though. Bynum should average 25 with all the space Kobe and Pau create for him.

Raz
07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
We all know Dwights coming to the Clips for DeAndre Jordan, Ryan Gomes, Travis Leslie, Trey Thompkins, Greek Shaq and a 2nd Round Pick :oldlol:

I think a Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan for Howard and Ryan Anderson trade works pretty well.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Another thing to note- For the past two days I have read that a trade was 99% done between Orlando and LA. What's going on? Are they using LA as a scapegoat because the Nets are the real winner? I hope, but it's crazy how the last two days have been talks about LA recieving Dwight and that they were in the last phase of talks yet nothing has happened.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Another thing to note- For the past two days I have read that a trade was 99% done between Orlando and LA. What's going on? Are they using LA as a scapegoat because the Nets are the real winner? I hope, but it's crazy how the last two days have been talks about LA recieving Dwight and that they were in the last phase of talks yet nothing has happened.
nothing will happen....until it happens.

DDensity
07-07-2012, 12:00 PM

His problem isn't that he doesn't know how -- it's that he pouts and checks out on defense if he doesn't feel he's getting the ball enough on offense. When he puts his mind to it, he's had some really impressive defensive performances.

As a Lakers fan, the only reason I'd prefer D12 over Bynum is the unpredictable level of effort Bynum provides. In terms of skill, Bynum is a superior player. D12, however, is consistent (plays hard) and is much more athletic.

NBA2k-Monster23
07-07-2012, 12:05 PM

I kind of been feeling the same way. All i can say is this if y'all get Dwight then I will be happy for you guys. You guys would deserve it and it brings a little more competition to the east. If we get him I would be even more happy because I feel like we could have a chance to compete in this league for more years... What's going to happen is going to happen and I see Dwight being traded very, very soon........

Nets fan 93
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Me too. Brook can shoot, has nifty post moves and not only a turn around baby hook like bynum does. Brook can drive from the free throw line down and he has put up very big numbers. Put up 38 points in his second game back from injury. Bynum can rebound and defend much better though. Bynum should average 25 with all the space Kobe and Pau create for him.
Exactly.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-07-2012, 01:18 PM

and Brook has played ZERO meaningful games in his life...Nets were bottom feeders...nobody gives their best against the bottom feeders..so his stats are exaggerated

he is allergic to contact....

if Rob liked Brook Lopez...the deal would have been done by now...no way around it...

Rob wants Bynum and lakers are not going to deal Center 1.1 for a 1 yr rental for Center 1.0....Playing alongside of Nash ....Bynum can just go and get that No 1 spot.....

I really do want him to get traded to Rockets....no nets and not specifically to my Lakers.....we will see how Howard response

niko
07-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Magic clearly rate Lopez low or trade would be done. Nets hope is others dropping out. Hopefully no fake news today

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 01:39 PM
the magic dont give a shit about bynum or lopez. the main reason is not feeding into howards request. plain and simple. rob is doing everything, EVERYTHING he can to make sure howard isn't a net. if bynum was a net instead of a laker, the magic would be talking to lakers still.

niko
07-07-2012, 01:46 PM
the magic dont give a shit about bynum or lopez. the main reason is not feeding into howards request. plain and simple. rob is doing everything, EVERYTHING he can to make sure howard isn't a net. if bynum was a net instead of a laker, the magic would be talking to lakers still.
No, they prefer Bynum. that's always been what is leaking, they want Bynum, not interested in Lopez. The Nets are not out of this, you shouldn't be so angry. (You honestly shouldn't be angry period.)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM

bull sh!t.....tons of reports coming out saying Rob prefers Bynum....and if u ask everybody else other than Chris BroussSH!T...they will say they will go with Bynum over Lopez any day

RRR3
07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Honestly, you're out of your mind if you'd take Lopez over Bynum. :oldlol: Bynum is a top 2 center in the NBA, and borderline top 10 player overall. Is Lopez even a top 10 center? :oldlol:

Duncan21formvp
07-07-2012, 01:57 PM
same sht different day
This

SpecialQue
07-07-2012, 01:58 PM
bull sh!t.....tons of reports coming out saying Rob prefers Bynum....and if u ask everybody else other than Chris BroussSH!T...they will say they will go with Bynum over Lopez any day

I don't understand how this is even debatable. What sane team would ever prefer Lopez over Bynum? That doesn't make any fvcking sense at all.

I honestly don't care where Dwight ends up, but it's absurd how people keep pretending that the Net's offer to the Magic is better than the one that Lakers have.

And don't give me any bullshit about where Dwight wants to go. We're talking purely about what's in Orlando's best interest, not some bitch diva player.

RRR3
07-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't understand how this is even debatable. What sane team would ever prefer Lopez over Bynum? That doesn't make any fvcking sense at all.

I honestly don't care where Dwight ends up, but it's absurd how people keep pretending that the Net's offer to the Magic is better than the one that Lakers have.

And don't give me any bullshit about where Dwight wants to go. We're talking purely about what's in Orlando's best interest, not some bitch diva player.
agreed. PM me bro

Kingwillball
07-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Honestly, you're out of your mind if you'd take Lopez over Bynum. :oldlol: Bynum is a top 2 center in the NBA, and borderline top 10 player overall. Is Lopez even a top 10 center? :oldlol:

Yeah i'd Rank Lopez between 7-10 overall at Center and Offensively he is top 5.. If was a Better Rebounder and Defender He would Easily be top 5 overall. Also Brooks Can Easily be a James Harden type Player/Scorer starting or off the bench. Humphries is on of the most Underrated PF's in the game. My point is although Bynum by himself is the Best Player Brooklyn's Potential Package has way more Value but for Some reason Orlando wont Budge.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Nobody knows anything about robs interest in Bynum... Otherwise a trade would have been done months ago. What's the holdup rob? Its between Lopez or bynum. I didn't know that decision was this difficult.. Apparently to other fans it's a no-brainer. Clearly it's not.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Nobody knows anything about robs interest in Bynum... Otherwise a trade would have been done months ago. What's the holdup rob? Its between Lopez or bynum. I didn't know that decision was this difficult.. Apparently to other fans it's a no-brainer. Clearly it's not.

if you want to go that route...nobody fcuking knows that Howard wants to go the nets....have he said atleast 1 from his mouth??

CelticBaller
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Bynum is a head case, in a team like the magic? he may be derrick coleman 2.0

AirTupac
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I think you're pretty much a retard if you even have to think about who's better. Bynum is the CLEAR CUT choice.

mariodeathgrip
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Wut the hell!! Trade is Howard for Gasol and TE + :wtf:

My pipe Dream OK!!!!

The Choken One
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Nash/Kobe/War/Pau/D12

3 team race for the NBA finals next year... I'd say Heat will still be favorites, followed by the Lakers then Thunder.

EnoughSaid
07-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Even if LA gets Dwight, they still lack a bench, and don't have enough athleticism to compete against OKC and Miami. Dwight is going to do wonders for the Lakers defensively though.

niko
07-07-2012, 02:48 PM

My pipe Dream OK!!!!

I was like WTF...:lol

niko
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I find it funny some people still want to argue Lopez is better. he's not, the thing he had going for him is health, and he had two separate stress related injuries on his feet last year. For a 7 footer, that's not reassuring.

BallsOut
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM
I was like WTF...:lol

Lakers don't help trade exception to trade.

Nets fan 93
07-07-2012, 03:59 PM
I would just like to state I said I would take Lopez overr Bynum offensively. I never said altogether. It's true though. Lopez is better offensively. Lopez is a very good passer for a center and has so many post moves. He can drive, has a jumpshot, can drain freethrows like a guard. Bynum is the better talent though.

Forget the injuries. Bynum was at one point considered to have knees of glass...no?
We'll see how much that injury lingers next season for Lopez(if it lingers at all)

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I would just like to state I said I would take Lopez overr Bynum offensively. I never said altogether. It's true though. Lopez is better offensively. Lopez is a very good passer for a center and has so many post moves. He can drive, has a jumpshot, can drain freethrows like a guard. Bynum is the better talent though.

Forget the injuries. Bynum was at one point considered to have knees of glass...no?
We'll see how much that injury lingers next season for Lopez(if it lingers at all)

How is he better offensively? Bynum averaged like 18 points a game this year playing alongside Kobe and Gasol. Lopez averaged that as the number one option a couple years back.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
How is he better offensively? Bynum averaged like 18 points a game this year playing alongside Kobe and Gasol. Lopez averaged that as the number one option a couple years back.
That's not as easy to do as you claim. Bynum has a player like Kobe who commands so much attention that it gets Bynum 4-6 free points . Lopez doesn't have that. Lopez had to do everything on his own. He has more moves then Bynum. He can drive and shoot rathe then a turn around baby hook that Bynum seems to do 100% of the time.

fpliii
07-07-2012, 04:19 PM

cmon man, Bynum knows every post move in the book

I got to see Lopez courtside back in college for a bunch of games, and while his skills are beyond the average center in the league (weak era by default, but he's also good in his own right), Drew is a beast

he can destroy you with either a finesse or power game, pure beast

niko
07-07-2012, 04:49 PM

Bynum got hurt when people crashed into him from behind and his knees bent the wrong direction. Lopez got hurt because his feet couldn't take the weight of his body.

You can't point to injuries anymore in Lopez favor, not with the kind of injury he had. BTW, i was right, i said no way the Nets should have brought him back last year, they did, he reinjured the same area.

Lopez is better offensively, definitely. The problem is that's a position that if it isn't solid rebounding/defense hurts you a lot.

chazzy
07-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Orlando probably won't pull the trigger on a deal until the weekend is over. I bet they're waiting to see if the Nets can get a 3rd team to sweeten their offer before going through with the Laker trade.

The Choken One
07-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't get why the Net fans on this board are trying so hard to convince us Loshit > Bynum.

I just don't understand... the Magic will take Bynum over any other center in the league besides Dwight ten times out of ten.

wakencdukest
07-07-2012, 04:55 PM
If you want 19 ppg and about 4 rebounds, then Brook's your man. If you want 19 ppg about 12 rebounds, 2 blocked shots, and someone who will physically control the paint, then Bynum is the man. It's pretty clear cut who is the better center.

niko
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Orlando probably won't pull the trigger on a deal until the weekend is over. I bet they're waiting to see if the Nets can get a 3rd team to sweeten their offer before going through with the Laker trade.
I don't see how the Nets are going to get compensation from a team for Humphries who is an unrestricted FA. Basically the Nets want you to compensate them for them not coming back to him with a counteroffer when they really don't want him. Unless the people reporting on the trade have facts wrong, the Nets want something else from Hump to give to Orlando. Good luck with that.

Duncan21formvp
07-07-2012, 05:05 PM

My pipe Dream OK!!!!
Didn't the Lakers use there TE for Nash?

niko
07-07-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/360586/20120707/new-york-knicks-news-dwight-howard-stoudemire.htm#.T_ig4Y2m96k.twitter

Knicks in the mix offering a total pile of shit. Apparently we hope the Magic make a trade with Brooklyn, then confuse them with us and make the trade accidentally. Total made up article but we get Howard for nothing so i like it. :lol

R.I.P.
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Howard will be traded, when nobody expects it to a place nobody expects (means not Lakers, Nets, Rockets). :lol

RRR3
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Howard will be traded, when nobody expects it to a place nobody expects (means not Lakers, Nets, Rockets). :lol
D12 to the Wizards book it!

CelticBaller
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Boston? :eek:

PejaNowitzki
07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
D12 to the Wizards book it!

He's going to Phoenix for Gortat, Markieff Morris, Kendall Marshall and 3 1st rounders. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

rawimpact
07-07-2012, 06:47 PM
He's going to Phoenix for Gortat, Markieff Morris, Kendall Marshall and 3 1st rounders. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

they would be first round exits with that squad

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
This is a joke right? Shumpert and Stoudemaire for Howard?

lmao forget the Lakers offer, the Nets offer is better than that

swag2011
07-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't get why the Net fans on this board are trying so hard to convince us Loshit > Bynum.

I just don't understand... the Magic will take Bynum over any other center in the league besides Dwight ten times out of ten.

LMAO @ Loshit lol. I'm about to start calling him that.

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 07:03 PM
LMAO @ Loshit lol. I'm about to start calling him that.
Lopiss sounds better

wang4three
07-07-2012, 07:09 PM

One Net fan does not equal all of us. Also he clearly said that he would based on Bynum's chronic injuries and acknowledged that Bynum was more talented.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I haven't heard anything new in 3 days. Seems very weird and I cant make any sense of it. Surely rob needs to arrive at a conclusion and I have no answer for why this process is this lengthy.

Zedja
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I haven't heard anything new in 3 days. Seems very weird and I cant make any sense of it. Surely rob needs to arrive at a conclusion and I have no answer for why this process is this lengthy.
I think its because the Lakers are not getting Howard.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I think its because the Lakers are not getting Howard.

As an NBA fan who considers himself pretty intellectual, it baffles me that a trade has not happened yet. The Nets are aggressively attempting to land Marcus Camby. This should be a memo to Rob that the Nets are a short step away from permanently moving on.

Forgot about that though. Rob, what's the holdup? I would love to hear other opinions on why this specific Howard process is this lengthy.

niko
07-07-2012, 07:45 PM
As an NBA fan who considers himself pretty intellectual, it baffles me that a trade has not happened yet. The Nets are aggressively attempting to land Marcus Camby. This should be a memo to Rob that the Nets are a short step away from permanently moving on.

Forgot about that though. Rob, what's the holdup? I would love to hear other opinions on why this specific Howard process is this lengthy.
The nets won't move on unless they are out.

niko
07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
This is a joke right? Shumpert and Stoudemaire for Howard?

lmao forget the Lakers offer, the Nets offer is better than that
Did u read my post at all?

Zedja
07-07-2012, 07:46 PM

Lakers might be holding out on the trade. I think the Magic just want to get this done ASAP, but something is going on from the Lakers side. Well that's just what I think of it :confusedshrug:

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Did u read my post at all?
Yes? And?

The article mentions shumpert/amare Howard and so does my post.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Lakers might be holding out on the trade. I think the Magic just want to get this done ASAP, but something is going on from the Lakers side. Well that's just what I think of it :confusedshrug:
Why would the Lakers hesitate? Acquiring Howard turns them into a guaranteed winner. I don't expect Chris Bosh to guard Pau and Dwight at the same time.:lol

RazorBaLade
07-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Why would the Lakers hesitate? Acquiring Howard turns them into a guaranteed winner. I don't expect Chris Bosh to guard Pau and Dwight at the same time.:lol

back. if he can use it as an excuse to not play we have no chance of resigning him

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes? And?

The article mentions shumpert/amare Howard and so does my post.

That article was made as a joke. It's not a serious trade request in Robs mind.

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2012, 08:01 PM
back. if he can use it as an excuse to not play we have no chance of resigning him

Bynum might not re-sign either. Apparently he desires to be the man. I think at this point in Kobe's career Byum should, however it's clear Kobe won't stop being the man until he retires.

niko
07-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Net fans holding out hope of Bynum not resigning need to think of something else. He thinks he's a god, going to another team, at max dollars with no other star probably appeals to him greatly. Try again.

mariodeathgrip
07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Didn't the Lakers use there TE for Nash?

? Did they that's what I heard at first!! then all I heard was 1st rd and 2nd rd picks!! :confusedshrug:
:D

niko
07-07-2012, 08:11 PM
BTW since Net fans like to bring up Bynum resigning, how about this?

For a Net trade to work
1) Lopez needs to agree to a S&T to Orlando at a reasonable dollar amount (not Max). Unlike Bynum, Lopez has said he wants to stay in Brooklyn.
2) Humphries would need to go to another team. The Nets would also like that team to send them a trade chip, even though Humphries is unrestricted. Dollars would need to be reasonable, not too large.
3) Gaines, Armon Johnson, Damion Jones & Shelden Williams would need to agree to S&T. However, it's possible Orlando does not want them (especially Gaines who makes too much). In that case, the Nets need to (like Hump) find a third team to take them.

So for Net fans who decided to create this situation where Bynum, who looks like he wants out will not go to Orlando - before you mention that please think how many pieces you want to go right for your own trade.

Nets fan 93
07-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I doubt he was behind Gasol.
And lopez's numbers went up when he got Deron. Playing with good talent helps. It shouldn't make a player worse and you know that.

Nets fan 93
07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Bynum got hurt when people crashed into him from behind and his knees bent the wrong direction. Lopez got hurt because his feet couldn't take the weight of his body.

You can't point to injuries anymore in Lopez favor, not with the kind of injury he had. BTW, i was right, i said no way the Nets should have brought him back last year, they did, he reinjured the same area.

Lopez is better offensively, definitely. The problem is that's a position that if it isn't solid rebounding/defense hurts you a lot.
The second injury wasn't the same spot. It wasn't even the same bone. The second injury was a sprained ankle. Those happen to so many players. They shut him down after to go in tank mode.

niko
07-07-2012, 10:40 PM
The second injury wasn't the same spot. It wasn't even the same bone. The second injury was a sprained ankle. Those happen to so many players. They shut him down after to go in tank mode.
Sorry my bad. But my point still stands. you can't point to someone and say HES INJURY PRONE! when you had a stress related injury and you're the size of a small tree. No one rolled into Brook. he took a step and his weight snapped his foot. That doesn't mean he gets hurt again but it's not a no brainer about him anymore, injury wise.

gasolina
07-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Sorry my bad. But my point still stands. you can't point to someone and say HES INJURY PRONE! when you had a stress related injury and you're the size of a small tree. No one rolled into Brook. he took a step and his weight snapped his foot. That doesn't mean he gets hurt again but it's not a no brainer about him anymore, injury wise.
He didnt miss a game in his first three years

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 03:38 AM
It's official Monday.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ci8a6a.jpg

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 03:54 AM
God damn almost 3 years in the making. I remember summer of 2010 I heard about it.

Hopefully its coming..

niko
07-08-2012, 08:02 AM
He had a stress related foot injury. Sorry, you don't get to say lopez is better because of injuries anymore.

poido123
07-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Even if LA gets Dwight, they still lack a bench, and don't have enough athleticism to compete against OKC and Miami. Dwight is going to do wonders for the Lakers defensively though.

A team of Nash, Kobe, Artest, Pau, D12 would eat the Heat alive in a 7 game series.

Even without much of a bench, that team would dominate in the playoffs. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. That team would be favourites by a long margin.

Nets fan 93
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM
This.

ZeN
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Does the fact that the Lakers picked up their team option on Bynum, mean anything in this discussion?

Doctor Rivers
07-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Does the fact that the Lakers picked up their team option on Bynum, mean anything in this discussion?

They had to or else Bynum would be a FA right now.

Zedja
07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Howard is going to the Suns. I can feeeeel eeeet.

ZeN
07-08-2012, 11:12 AM
They had to or else Bynum would be a FA right now.
got ya

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Let's say the Magic do trade for Andrew Bynum. It makes zero sense for this kid not to sign an extension immediately afterwards with his history of injuries.

ripthekik
07-08-2012, 01:10 PM
So what's the deal.. few days of discussion and all of a sudden it's died down. Who's still in the running/talk with Magic right now?

Lakers? Atlanta? Net's still trying anything?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 01:15 PM
So what's the deal.. few days of discussion and all of a sudden it's died down. Who's still in the running/talk with Magic right now?

Lakers? Atlanta? Net's still trying anything?
lol, before i bumped this, we were about ten or fifteen mins away from the 1st page of this forum being free of any Dwight Howard discussion.

niko
07-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Nets to meet with Lopez to discuss contract.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 01:26 PM
https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/221981472746250241

Stefan Bondy
‏@NYDNInterNets
Avery Johnson said that Nets main focus now is re-signing Brook Lopez and Dwight trade is out of of their control.

@WojYahooNBA: Brooklyn's started talks with RFA Brook Lopez on extension, sources tell Y! Could be to stay with Nets or used in sign-and-trade with Magic.

niko
07-08-2012, 01:29 PM
https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/status/221981472746250241

Stefan Bondy
‏@NYDNInterNets
Avery Johnson said that Nets main focus now is re-signing Brook Lopez and Dwight trade is out of of their control.

@WojYahooNBA: Brooklyn's started talks with RFA Brook Lopez on extension, sources tell Y! Could be to stay with Nets or used in sign-and-trade with Magic.

Doesn't make sense unless trade with magic agreed to.

niko
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
If you are Lopez, is there any reason not to say you want max or gtfo?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
If you are Lopez, is there any reason not to say you want max or gtfo?
correct, if a trade to the magic is imminent.

niko
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
correct, if a trade to the magic is imminent.
Even if not. Nets will never cut bait, he can always get lower offer later. Nets can't replace him without trade.

niko
07-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Just read report that nets trying to get better picks from other teams to send to Magic. Can someone explain to me how they do that with no assets? Literally no players to trade. Hump is unrestricted.

The Choken One
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/062010/1277465896_eating-watermellon.gif

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Expect this to drag on another week. Has a team ever done two trades the same day?

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Expect this to drag on another week. Has a team ever done two trades the same day?
Yes the Hawks just did two trades in a day.

If it drags another week, he is pretty much an automatic Laker. Nets aren't gonna wait that long.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
This is a blockbuster trade though. Are you talking about the Joe Johnson trade?

I think whatever happens, happens on the 11th or after i suppose,

chips93
07-08-2012, 03:34 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/062010/1277465896_eating-watermellon.gif

this

NBA2k-Monster23
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
The #Magic would not acquire Bynum without getting a sense he would at least be open to remaining with #Orlando.
Retweeted by DoN'tCaRe#!!
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite

niko
07-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
The #Magic would not acquire Bynum without getting a sense he would at least be open to remaining with #Orlando.
Retweeted by DoN'tCaRe#!!
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite
Of course. Is this news?

niko
07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Again, why is everyone hung up on Bynum, but not Lopez? He has to agree too. And unlike Bynum, he likes his role.

sagr32
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Again, why is everyone hung up on Bynum, but not Lopez? He has to agree too. And unlike Bynum, he likes his role.Bynum even said right after elimination that he is open to playing anywhere. Quite frankly he is in it for money and ORL after trading for him could offer him the most.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Again, why is everyone hung up on Bynum, but not Lopez? He has to agree too. And unlike Bynum, he likes his role.
No way in fcking hell Andrew Bynum doesn't sign the first max contract offered to him before he hits free agency, be that the Lakers or Magic. Too much of a gamble with his history.

itsGameTime
07-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Can we get the mods to close this thread already. It's been over 2 days. That's far from Orlando close to trading Howard :facepalm

niko
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
The more I think about it, the less I think Lopez would go. Basically right before Brooklyn, the nets being good and all the perks with tha, some are financial, he leaves to Orlando for the same exact contract, when it's 100% nets would keep him if he does not leave.

flipogb
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
Word is in these ears Howard to Nets about done... Cleveland sounds like the 3rd team involved. Stay tuned.

found this on a Lakers forum.dont know who this is but they are discussing the rumor. I can see Cleveland getting involved just to screw the Miami Heat

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Tommy Dee is a Knick Blog writer.

With that said, I still wouldn't look much into it.

niko
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
found this on a Lakers forum.dont know who this is but they are discussing the rumor. I can see Cleveland getting involved just to screw the Miami Heat
He's a knick blogger with absolutely no inside info of any kind. read his tweets prior. Can i ask why Cleveland kills their cap for hump? To help nets? Seriously?

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
He's a knick blogger with absolutely no inside info of any kind. read his tweets prior. Can i ask why Cleveland kills their cap for hump? To help nets? Seriously?
Draft picks, get rid of Varejao? :confusedshrug:

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE]Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Nets

niko
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Draft picks, get rid of Varejao? :confusedshrug:
Read Berger. :eek:

flipogb
07-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says.
-------------------

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Lakers need to step up their game here! But looks like we're closer to a Dwight trade after the Anderson deal.

flipogb
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
One possible destination for Humphries is Cleveland, who would get the forward in a sign-and-trade arrangement, source says. -

lol, now these guys are just copying each other

D12"Magic"
Read Berger. :eek:
I dont know, last year we were so close and shit, I dont get excited no more hearing we are close.

Last year when broussard said trade was imminent I was like :lebronamazed: than it never happened and I was like :lebroncry:

NoGunzJustSkillz
i wonder if the lakers have anything on the back burner, just waiting for the dwight drama to end?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Lakers need to step up their game here! But looks like we're closer to a Dwight trade after the Anderson deal.
dwight doesnt wanna come to LA, plain and simple. nothing lakeshow can do imo.

icewill36
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
-------------------

so williams, johnson, crash, and howard if this goes down ??? holy shit....

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Can we get the mods to close this thread already. It's been over 2 days. That's far from Orlando close to trading Howard :facepalm
not really...

chazzy
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
:mad:

amfirst
07-08-2012, 05:45 PM
As a Lakers fan, I really don't care if we get Dwight. Lakers depth is more important than picking up a guy that is slightly better than Bynum and only for his defense.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 05:45 PM
just trading him to nets, the celtics would abused them anyway :pimp:

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
i wonder if the lakers have anything on the back burner, just waiting for the dwight drama to end?

Bench bench bench....propping our bench is all we need if the Howard trade doesn't go down.

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Gilbert lets get this 3 way with your team Cleveland. Help us win a ring and make sure LeBron doesn't win another one :bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Bench bench bench....propping our bench is all we need if the Howard trade doesn't go down.
do you want the lakers to trade gasol or bynum for a package of players? that's what i'm hoping for. they should ask nash who he wants to keep, gasol or bynum.

chazzy
07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Bynum has shown no inclination to agree to an immediate extension if sent to Orlando as part of a Dwight Howard package, sources tell Y!

Fuuuuu

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Bynum has shown no inclination to agree to an immediate extension if sent to Orlando as part of a Dwight Howard package, sources tell Y!

Fuuuuu
huge risk for bynum. orlando should have called his bluff.

niko
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, when is it gonna happen bruh?
Haha, Bynum ****ed it up. Lope really has no balls if he lets Nets ship him off like this.

flipogb
good, ive been really leaning towards not wanting Dwight for the last 3 days, Lakers need to move on and just trade Pau or add some bench guys

talkingconch

Dallas and Cleveland are among teams with cap space that would interest Bynum in 2013 as a free agent, sources tell Y!

Don't believe it. He listed Dallas and Cavs. Dallas is going nowhere, Cavs however a good future with Kyrie. I thought Bynum wants to be ''the man'' though? Orlando isnt a good place for him to be ''the man''?

Just B.S.

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Haha, Bynum ****ed it up. Lope really has no balls if he lets Nets ship him off like this.
:lol but but Bynum will agree to go to Orlando no problem.

If Lopez does not agree, Prok would cut his balls off.

niko
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Is Cleveland run by monkeys? Did varajao die?

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Fuuuuu

I said this 2 days ago.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Is Cleveland run by monkeys? Did varajao die?
Dan Gilbert runs Cleveland, guess who hates the Heat? :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I said this 2 days ago.
yeah, ur the only one...

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Dallas and Cleveland are among teams with cap space that would interest Bynum in 2013 as a free agent, sources tell Y!

Don't believe it. He listed Dallas and Cavs. Dallas is going nowhere, Cavs however a good future with Kyrie. I thought Bynum wants to be ''the man'' though? Orlando isnt a good place for him to be ''the man''?

Just B.S.

When has Bynum ever said he wants to be "the man" even if it meant playing on a lottery team? I have not heard him say anything about wanting to go to Cleveland.
Dallas is not a lottery team. They will make the playoffs next year. They will proceed with caution but they will make some moves.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:05 PM
:lol but but Bynum will agree to go to Orlando no problem.

If Lopez does not agree, Prok would cut his balls off.
Not buying what Bynum said. It doesnt make any sense. Either way, that team doesnt stand a chance against the Heat. Dwight in LA = No heat in conference. Go through OKC only

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Not buying what Bynum said. It doesnt make any sense. Either way, that team doesnt stand a chance against the Heat. Dwight in LA = No heat in conference. Go through OKC only
Dont be salty, we'll stand a good chance

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Dont be salty, we'll stand a good chance
Not being salty. Certainly elite.

If Magic and Lakers want to do a deal, each may need to call the bluff on Howard and Bynum stated unwillingness to accept extensions.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Chances are they both sign extensions with both teams, Lakers & Magic. If not, I'm willing to rent Dwight Howard for a year now that Lakers have Steve Nash.

niko
07-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Gms in this league have no balls and no vision.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I wonder if the Lakers begged Bynum to sign an extension so the trade could go thru? I wonder how them conversations were likkke.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
magic are either way fcuked.....S&T for Lopez to almost Max contract...fcuking up the cap....or trade for bynum hoping that he resigns

lol Magic and the KID Rob

All Net
07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Seeing as this is not close...

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Billy King does, traded Favors and picks for a non guaranteed Deron :bowdown:
Trading the 6th pick for a non guaranteed Wallace

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
you're just mad because you been shoving Dwight to the Lakers at our throats for weeks now :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
:bowdown:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Lakers do..they trade 2 1st & 2 2nd for an unrestricted free agent and can still trade bynum for unsigned howard....

niko
07-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Truth. Change quote to MOST. Although that trade could have been done protected through ten and you'd have Howard already.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
More indications on why not to trust Bynum's words /aka is Bluffing

Bynum, after all, was the one who, while discussing his uncertain basketball future at All-Star weekend in -- of all places -- Orlando, flippantly and famously said "there's a bank in every city."

niko
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
you're just mad because you been shoving Dwight to the Lakers at our throats for weeks now :lol
Like its the first time I'm wrong.:lol

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Billy King likes a challenge.

Trade away our lottery pick, to make it harder to get Howard. SO if he ends up with Howard its like some crazy Achievement :bowdown:

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I wonder if the Lakers begged Bynum to sign an extension so the trade could go thru? I wonder how them conversations were likkke.

A few days ago his agent said no one from the Lakers had contacted them.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Guess you don't get tired of being wrong :cheers:

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
magic are either way fcuked.....S&T for Lopez to almost Max contract...fcuking up the cap....or trade for bynum hoping that he resigns

lol Magic and the KID Rob

No, they're not. Believe it or not the Lakers & the Nets are not the only teams in play for Dwight.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
No, they're not. Believe it or not the Lakers & the Nets are not the only teams in play for Dwight.
This is true.

Now that Bynum has listed Houston on his short list(along with Cavs and Mavs), Lakers can work a 3way with Houston and Orlando. :confusedshrug:

NBA2k-Monster23
07-08-2012, 07:07 PM
As @KBergCBS reports, Cleveland's legit 3rd-team scenario for Kris Humphries. Cavs want draft pick sweetener to take him on, sources tell Y!
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite