PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are the only logical choice for Dwight Howard.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Aside from being a team ready to contend NOW, the Lakers have the best counter offer, and they also need Howard the most.

what? need him the most?

Yes, with Gasol, Kobe and Nash all well in their 30s, they are going to need someone to build around when they decline in a couple of years.

Howard can be wooed by the fact that when the current pieces fall off they will have a ton of cap space, and the most desirable destination in the league.

No brainer, Howard will be a Laker.

unless of course he is dumb.

Brooklyn can't offer anything near Bynum, Atlanta may be his hometown, but they are historically a shit franchise with shit fan support.

Dwight loves LA. HE LOVES IT!

DTreats
07-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Dwight is being a little bitch, just go to LA already ffs.

G-Funk
07-07-2012, 01:33 AM
u would have posted ur opinion on a Dwight thread, no reason for a new one.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Aside from being a team ready to contend NOW, the Lakers have the best counter offer, and they also need Howard the most.

what? need him the most?

Yes, with Gasol, Kobe and Nash all well in their 30s, they are going to need someone to build around when they decline in a couple of years.

Howard can be wooed by the fact that when the current pieces fall off they will have a ton of cap space, and the most desirable destination in the league.

Brooklyn can't offer anything near Bynum, Atlanta may be his hometown, but they are historically a shit franchise with shit fan support.

The majority of the issue is they do have someone they can build around in Andrew Bynum, hence the Lakers original apprehension to deal him. Then, when it became an issue that Howard may not sign an extension, that became the emphasis of the Lakers hang-ups in dealing Bynum for Dwight.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2012, 01:36 AM
u would have posted ur opinion on a Dwight thread, no reason for a new one.

are you a mod?

sorry whats that?

Oh, you aren't a mod, just a dlck?

OK, why don't you suck my balls then f@ggot?!

Cheers!:cheers:

TexasBloodMoney
07-07-2012, 01:38 AM
How many Dwight Howard to LA threads do we need?

ashlar
07-07-2012, 01:39 AM
are you a mod?

sorry whats that?

Oh, you aren't a mod, just a dlck?

OK, why don't you suck my balls then f@ggot?!

Cheers!:cheers:

Dick much?

Pink Tigress
07-07-2012, 01:40 AM
The majority of the issue is they do have someone they can build around in Andrew Bynum, hence the Lakers original apprehension to deal him. Then, when it became an issue that Howard may not sign an extension, that became the emphasis of the Lakers hang-ups in dealing Bynum for Dwight.

Bynum has also said he wouldn't re-sign with the Magic.

swag2011
07-07-2012, 01:41 AM
As a Laker fan, i agree the LA is the best choice. I think he's scared to play with Kobe, since everyone calls him a ball hog and shit. But Nash is the PG and will have the majority of the ball handling duties to make sure Dwight gets his due touches. Alot of people say Nash and Kobe will only have a few years left, which is true, but if you know LA, you know that they NEVER stay down for long, they ALWAYS find a new star or someway to get back to the top, and this will be no different. He'll still get his $$, endorsements, hoes and all that.

I'm not gunna lie though, seeing him in brooklyn would be cool. It will be kinda cool to see a different team besides the usual ones being on top for once. I would be happy with Dwight or Bynum tbh, i just need Bynum to commit more to defense and we're set.

chazzy
07-07-2012, 01:42 AM
No he hasn't. In fact, he said "there's a bank in every city" when asked about the trade rumors months ago :oldlol:

Scholar
07-07-2012, 01:42 AM
How many Dwight Howard to LA threads do we need?

You're just a few days into ISH with barely 7 posts. Get used to it. This is ISH.

Welcome.

Pink Tigress
07-07-2012, 01:44 AM
No he hasn't. In fact, he said "there's a bank in every city" when asked about the trade rumors months ago :oldlol:

I don't know what he said months ago and whatever he said months ago is irrelevant. He said as recently as this week he would not re-sign with the Magic.

TheeBeast
07-07-2012, 01:44 AM
You're just a few days into ISH with barely 7 posts. Get used to it. This is ISH.

Welcome.

:oldlol: :cheers:

martycrane
07-07-2012, 01:45 AM

frreelz? i hadnt heard that.

nba gonna eventually have to conract imo. too many bad teams at a given time that nobody wanna play for. its bad for the L

chazzy
07-07-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't know what he said months ago and whatever he said months ago is irrelevant. He said as recently as this week he would not re-sign with the Magic.
link?

Reverend Hoops
07-07-2012, 01:50 AM
See this is the problem with Laker fans/stans.

To say LA is the only logical choice is illogical.

Dwight is from Atlanta. His best friend from pre-school, Josh Smith is on the Hawks.

Atlanta has an entire new basketball team (Ferry is bringin' in boys from SAS) so the Atlanta doesn't care about winning doesn't stick anymore.

Signing Dwight and Josh, Hawks will still have more than enough to sign another max contract (A Chris Paul?)

Dwight can be the man of a contending team (his hometown) instead of being Kobe's shadow.

Hawks can offer 2x All-Star and 2x NCAA Champion (Florida Gators *wink *wink) Al Horford, a young athletic PG in Jeff Teague and a 1st from Houston and Atlanta.

To say this scenario is illogical is repugnant.

boozehound
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
As a Laker fan, i agree the LA is the best choice. I think he's scared to play with Kobe, since everyone calls him a ball hog and shit. But Nash is the PG and will have the majority of the ball handling duties to make sure Dwight gets his due touches. Alot of people say Nash and Kobe will only have a few years left, which is true, but if you know LA, you know that they NEVER stay down for long, they ALWAYS find a new star or someway to get back to the top, and this will be no different. He'll still get his $$, endorsements, hoes and all that.

I'm not gunna lie though, seeing him in brooklyn would be cool. It will be kinda cool to see a different team besides the usual ones being on top for once. I would be happy with Dwight or Bynum tbh, i just need Bynum to commit more to defense and we're set.
funny how young fans seem to forget just how much time past between their last showtime title and the first shaq title. 12 years is an eternity in sports. people who act like they were always good and somehow managed to stay a contender forget that all of their titles outside of 50s were with wilt (1), then an 8 year gap, then a shit ton with showtime, and then the modern era. there have been many periods of nba history where the lakers were not relevant.

G-Funk
07-07-2012, 01:55 AM
funny how young fans seem to forget just how much time past between their last showtime title and the first shaq title. 12 years is an eternity in sports. people who act like they were always good and somehow managed to stay a contender forget that all of their titles outside of 50s were with wilt (1), then an 8 year gap, then a shit ton with showtime, and then the modern era. there have been many periods of nba history where the lakers were not relevant.

the Lakers have only missed the playoffs a total of 5 times.

The 1st time was in 1957-1958.

The 2nd time was in 1974-1975, and...

The 3rd was the following year, 1975-1976.

The 4th time was in 1993-1994.

The 5th and only time (as of today) was in 2004-2005.

JtotheIzzo
07-07-2012, 02:23 AM
See this is the problem with Laker fans/stans.

To say LA is the only logical choice is illogical.

Dwight is from Atlanta. His best friend from pre-school, Josh Smith is on the Hawks.

Atlanta has an entire new basketball team (Ferry is bringin' in boys from SAS) so the Atlanta doesn't care about winning doesn't stick anymore.

Signing Dwight and Josh, Hawks will still have more than enough to sign another max contract (A Chris Paul?)

Dwight can be the man of a contending team (his hometown) instead of being Kobe's shadow.

Hawks can offer 2x All-Star and 2x NCAA Champion (Florida Gators *wink *wink) Al Horford, a young athletic PG in Jeff Teague and a 1st from Houston and Atlanta.

To say this scenario is illogical is repugnant.

No, your slander of calling me a Lakers fan is illogical and repugnant.

Atlanta: shit franchise, shit support.

History and the facts don't lie. Besides, judging by Danny Ferry's ability to get players for LeBron in Cleveland, I'd be betting against him doing anything brilliant in Atlanta. Maybe he'll get Mo Williams and Antawn to play with Dwight?

See kids, this is why you study history, because if you don't know your past you are bound to repeat it.

Danny Ferry: failed to keep LeBron, failed to build champion in Cleveland with best player on the planet.
LA Lakers: End destination for dominant bigs with Hollywood aspirations (Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq).
Steve Nash: The tipping point, change the culture from Kobe and Kobenaires to a squad with quad threats.

You think you real tough, witty and sharp with your SAS avatar and your direct way of talking, but now that I have sonned you, go sit down and only speak when spoken to..OK?

EDIT: avy is Greg Oden (I think it used to be SAS), and Horford plus Teague is in no way better than Bynum...re-read, extra fail.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2012, 02:25 AM

History and the facts don't lie. Besides, judging by Danny Ferry's ability to get players for LeBron in Cleveland, I'd be betting against him doing anything brilliant in Atlanta. Maybe he'll get Mo Williams and Antawn to play with Dwight?

See kids, this is why you study history, because if you don't know your past you are bound to repeat it.

Danny Ferry: failed to keep LeBron, failed to build champion in Cleveland with best player on the planet.
LA Lakers: End destination for dominant bigs with Hollywood aspirations (Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq).
Steve Nash: The tipping point, change the culture from Kobe and Kobenaires to a squad with quad threats.

You think you real tough, witty and sharp with your SAS avatar and your direct way of talking, but now that I have sonned you, go sit down and only speak when spoken to..OK?
Salty.

Kiddlovesnets
07-07-2012, 03:07 AM
lol how are the other teams not the logical choices for Dwight Howard? Dude knows why he doesnt want to play for Lakers, he has a reason.

therammingman
07-07-2012, 04:05 AM

what? need him the most?

Hasn't he already answered this question for us?

Hotlantadude81
07-07-2012, 08:27 AM

EDIT: avy is Greg Oden (I think it used to be SAS), and Horford plus Teague is in no way better than Bynum...re-read, extra fail.

The NBA is a big joke to most.

Truth is it's an 8 team league.

That said, Bynum is a gimp.

That also being said... LA is a polution infested broke ass hell hole.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-07-2012, 08:40 AM
lol how are the other teams not the logical choices for Dwight Howard? Dude knows why he doesnt want to play for Lakers, he has a reason.
I think when he said logical, he also meant trade wise considering Lakers have Bynum to dangle.

amfirst
07-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Dwight needs to join the Lakers if he wants to beat the Heat. I don't think anyone can challenge them at this point. Unless superteams start forming to be competitive. They just got too many options at this point.

Nash
07-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Horford + some other players for Dwight? Would love to see another superteam in Atlanta and Dwight back in his hometown. If anything, it would give him some good rep back after this crazy year.

Reverend Hoops
07-07-2012, 09:55 AM

Damon Jones for Mo Williams and Ben Wallace for Shaq were pretty good trades.

I'd like to see how even Sam Presti could turn fringe players into superstars.

Most Atlanta fans are bandwagoners (see Vick/Falcon era) like Miami they will pack the seats if Dwight becomes a Hawk.

LOL@ Nash being the tipping point. The guy has 1-2 years left in the league.

Bynum is extremely overrated. Put a Laker uniform on Horford on and he would be called the GOAT. The league knows the real deal. Horford is a leader and an elite defender with the best midrange jumper in the league. Elite passing and athleticism for his height. He has average post moves but is improving on that deficiency. The guy averaged 15/10 being the 4th option (Jamal, JJ, Josh); #2 Center in the league most of his career.

Not to even mention Teague who is an young PG who was 5th in the league in steals (PER48) and is extremely efficient (FG%: 48% for a PG)

Add in Houston's 1st rounder and Atlanta's first rounder and you have another logical choice.

Thanks for the compliment, but if you read my posts I never personally attack users. Keep it classy bro. :cheers:

swi7ch
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Dwight is dumb though (not being rude but honest) so he doesn't realize this.

Zodiac
07-07-2012, 10:16 AM

God there are so many things wrong with this post.

First all let's start with bigs who have Hollywood aspirations, if you mean aspirations of staring in movies that are shitty remakes or ripoffs? Sure. They aren't getting their way into a Oliver Stone or Coen Brothers movie any time soon.

The Hawks are a shit franchise? In the past they were, but it seems the ASG has relinquished pretty much all basketball control to Ferry, and also Ferry couldn't build around Lebron because it was Lebron calling the shots not Ferry.

Steve Nash? You mean a player that will likely retire after this year? Are you this idiotic regularly or did we just catch you at a special hour?

Johnni Gade
07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Dwight as a laker would be huge.

ZeN
07-07-2012, 10:58 AM
For the poster that said Laker fans need to stop saying this or that...

JtotheIzzo is not a Laker fan.. He's simply stating his personal opinion..

LA_Showtime
07-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey, if Dwight thinks going to Atlanta, Dallas, or New Jersey will help his legacy then by all means go for it. :roll:

Dictator
08-09-2012, 10:57 PM
:applause:

JtotheIzzo
12-30-2012, 01:07 AM
The naysayers that entered this thread and allowed reality to son them are all cordially invited to suck my c0ck!

Happy new year f@ggots, I was right and you were painfully wrong (again).

Zodiac: You can lick my balls

Reverend Hoops: You can gargle my nut sack and all its squishy goodness

Kiddlovesnets: You can... uh umm.... nah f*ck it! Pickin on the mentally challenged just seems wrong.

Its 2013 and I am still the man.

Bandito
12-30-2012, 03:02 AM
:lol

tomtucker
12-30-2012, 05:14 AM
The naysayers that entered this thread and allowed reality to son them are all cordially invited to suck my c0ck!

Happy new year f@ggots, I was right and you were painfully wrong (again).

Zodiac: You can lick my balls
Reverend Hoops: You can gargle my nut sack and all its squishy goodness

Kiddlovesnets: You can... uh umm.... nah f*ck it! Pickin on the mentally challenged just seems wrong.

Its 2013 and I am still the man.
:biggums:

kNIOKAS
12-30-2012, 05:23 AM
LA baby

JerryWest
12-30-2012, 05:24 AM
baby LA

Noof
12-30-2012, 05:25 AM
LA baby
You forgot the pic bro

JerryWest
12-30-2012, 05:34 AM
You forgot the pic bro
nice avy :cheers:

The GM
12-30-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm a Laker fan but this is delusional to say. I know Dallas has plenty of money to spend in the off-season, If Cuban could get Howard and Josh Smith to add to Dirk & OJ "the juice" you think Dwight wouldn't think long and hard about a move?

He could also very well go to Houston and team up with Harden, Asik & Lin. Or what about going to ATL? They have overachieved this season, re-signing Smith and adding Howard to Teague & Horford could very well boost them to #2 in the east behind the Heat.

If we don't get to at-least the WCF (which I think is attainable) then I'd say all bets are off.

Noof
12-30-2012, 05:49 AM
nice avy :cheers:
Thank you sir :cheers:

JerryWest
12-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Thank you sir :cheers:
Need a new year edition now haha :lol

tomtucker
12-30-2012, 06:23 AM

Just put a different jersey on him .......:cheers:

Feb. 21 baby

Noof
12-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Too lazy :lol Gonna go back to the regular one. (Tal vs Cual actually put the Christmas stuff)