PDA

View Full Version : NBA2k13 teases huge announcment to come - the leading rumor...

niko
07-07-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/26/nba-2k13-cover-revealed-2k-sports-teases-huge-announcement-to-come

The #1 rumor is that it will include not only this years US Olympic team and some sort of Olympic tournament, BUT will includes (drumroll) the DREAM TEAM. This is the last year 2K has the Jordan license in their 3 year deal, and Barkley is rumored to be signed, so it would make sense.

:D Sorry of this is not totally NBA related but i love the game, and i know a lot of you play it too.

Heavincent
07-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Nice.

NBA Live is gonna get humiliated by 2K again :oldlol:

9erempiree
07-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Dream Team is no big deal.

On the older 2K games, you can practically assemble the Dream Team minus Christian Laettner.

fpliii
07-07-2012, 08:45 PM
that would be amazing

from my understanding they were pretty close to an agreement with Barkley last season (that's why they put the Philly team from his rookie year instead of the 'Fo-Fo-Fo' edition), but at some point the negotiations broke down

of the three major guys missing from 2k12 (Barkley, Reggie, Iverson), Chuck's absence has weighed the most

d.bball.guy
07-07-2012, 08:46 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Is it included in the game? Not some pre-order for DLC bullshit?

Cherry Picker
07-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Would prefer for work to be concentrated on the gameplay and game modes
Let modders worry about roster additions

k0kakw0rld
07-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Nba 2k is one of the wackest game I've ever played, especially 2k12 :facepalm

LIVE all day.

Heavincent
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM

LIVE all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwXBw86g30

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Live is gonna be awful this year.

fpliii
07-07-2012, 08:54 PM

LIVE all day.

the learning curve is pretty steep, but once you figure out what you're doing and hook up some quality sliders, that sh*t is cash

talkingconch
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM

lmao that dude is hilarious, :45 haha

nightprowler10
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
This. I'll probably skip this year or get it really cheap just to have Rose on the cover.

SIRI1
07-07-2012, 08:58 PM

That video never gets old :oldlol:

d.bball.guy
07-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Still cracks me up!

DFish
07-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Can I ****ing play as Allen Iverson yet? What about 2000-02 Shaq?

Segatti
07-07-2012, 09:01 PM
I just don't wanna make 60 points per game with Dwight Howard because the cpu don't double.

Tenchi Ryu
07-07-2012, 09:03 PM
The models look like shit though. Barkleys face never looks accurate.

REACTION
07-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Can I ****ing play as Allen Iverson yet? What about 2000-02 Shaq?

I've heard they don't have the license for AI yet.

MeLO MvP 15
07-07-2012, 09:17 PM
That would be sick. I've been begging for this for years. And I know Live had this before.

GOBB
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/26/nba-2k13-cover-revealed-2k-sports-teases-huge-announcement-to-come

The #1 rumor is that it will include not only this years US Olympic team and some sort of Olympic tournament, BUT will includes (drumroll) the DREAM TEAM. This is the last year 2K has the Jordan license in their 3 year deal, and Barkley is rumored to be signed, so it would make sense.

:D Sorry of this is not totally NBA related but i love the game, and i know a lot of you play it too.

Oh wow we get to play with the Dream Team. How awesome. :sleeping

I'm sorry but 2k12 pimped the legends. People already created Dream Teams. This wont be fun with me. But I'm sure I'm in the minority as people like nostalgia add ons even if they played with the players from the Dream Teams (original and beyond). I guess the plus is Barkley? Bitter sweet for me because he neglected being involved with bball games so long. I prefer to play with him on the Suns, not Dream Team. I'm sure others agree.

Did they say anything about bringing back My Player Pick up? Crew? Are they done with DLC packs? Announce that stuff. Screw this.

*crowd erupts GOBB for el presidente*

swi7ch
07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Now all we need is Reggie Miller in the 2K series! :bowdown:

REACTION
07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Are they bringing back the dunk contest?

GOBB
07-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Are they bringing back the dunk contest?

They never got rid of it. :biggums:

And they are including the All Star stuff during seasonal play. Before you just played AS game if you made it. Now you can do 3pt, dunk, skill challenge for 2k13.

Its called blacktop. Dunk contest was wack anyway. Too difficult to get timing right on tricks.

Derrick
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh wow we get to play with the Dream Team. How awesome. :sleeping

I'm sorry but 2k12 pimped the legends. People already created Dream Teams. This wont be fun with me. But I'm sure I'm in the minority as people like nostalgia add ons even if they played with the players from the Dream Teams (original and beyond). I guess the plus is Barkley? Bitter sweet for me because he neglected being involved with bball games so long. I prefer to play with him on the Suns, not Dream Team. I'm sure others agree.

Did they say anything about bringing back My Player Pick up? Crew? Are they done with DLC packs? Announce that stuff. Screw this.

*crowd erupts GOBB for el presidente*:bowdown:

REACTION
07-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Pretty sure they did. It's been a while since I last played 2k12, but I don't remember the blacktop having any sort of dunk contest feature. I remember blacktop just being a street pickup game.

LBJDW305
07-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I just wanna be able to play with AI in Philly days and shaq in 2002. Don't give a shit about the rest

DFish
07-07-2012, 09:45 PM

And they are including the All Star stuff during seasonal play. Before you just played AS game if you made it. Now you can do 3pt, dunk, skill challenge for 2k13.

Its called blacktop. Dunk contest was wack anyway. Too difficult to get timing right on tricks.

Yes, they did. Moron.

The Sprite Slam Dunk Contest was explicitly not included in 2K12.

97 bulls
07-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I hope they make the trading the alltime greats and adding the created players to the alltime teams less inhibited like in 11.

I also hope they make the man defense more reflective based on rating. As well as rebounding. All you have to do is play your talleest player and they get rebounds regarless of their rebound ratings

3peated
07-07-2012, 10:08 PM
this would be awesome.

GOBB
07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Pretty sure they did. It's been a while since I last played 2k12, but I don't remember the blacktop having any sort of dunk contest feature. I remember blacktop just being a street pickup game.

Yeah you're right. Just loaded it up. I didnt care for that dunk contest much. I thought it was still on the game because there was an achievement for Lebron James Spite dunk. Confused that with those dunk contest achievements.

Rake2204
07-07-2012, 11:28 PM
If the link in the original post is the same as I read before, the announcement of the Dream Team is pure speculation at this point, yes?

Second, as verified just prior, the dunk contest was in fact gone in 2K12 and will be returning in 2K13 as a pre-order exclusive. It will be indoors like All-Star Weekend (in contrast to the outdoor contests of years past). However, the big kicker here. . . the contest will operate with Guitar Hero controls. As in, users will select a dunk, approach the rim, then the game will go into slow motion and a Guitar Hero rolling screen will appear where the user must then enter an extended series of button combinations. From the early clips, it looks ridiculous.

chosen_one6
07-07-2012, 11:50 PM
If they don't add Crew and MyPlayer pick up games back, I won't give two s***s about anything else.

I LUV KOBE
07-07-2012, 11:57 PM

Even in videogame Bynum is still dumb.. Seems realistic.. :lol

d.bball.guy
07-08-2012, 12:03 AM
If they don't add Crew and MyPlayer pick up games back, I won't give two s***s about anything else.
This too.

Hoiids
07-08-2012, 12:06 AM
They need to add an Ultimate Team similar to the one they have in the fifa series. You get players in packs and create your own teams to play online. You need contracts to apply to players to keep them in uniform and their would be some sort of chemistry elements to it. Ie like players from the same country get a boost, from the same team get a bigger boost or something like that. It works really well for fifa and I would love to see it in 2k

Noof
07-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Wtf, this is off topic, but I was playing 2K today and had a glitch a bit similar to the Jesus Bynum glitch. Paul Pierce was supposed to be subbing out, but instead he just walks over to the middle of the court and ****ing sits like his seat was right there, but he's just floating in midair. :roll: :wtf: I took a picture of it with my phone.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp195/MilkDud143/IMG_8694.jpg

He was sitting there for a good 20 seconds until the Celtics called a timeout, then he just got up looking really confused and then teleported over to his seat.

Brickz187
07-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Do I really care about the dream team? I love 2k, but I don't give a crap about playing as Jordan or the dream team or the all star game. I want them to fix their sh*tty online already. I don't get 2k to play the CPU, I like the online competition. Seems like they never focus on the online portion of the game. They take things out every year for online players. My crews, myplayer pick ups, ability to change jerseys online. All these things were taken out. I just want a great online experience. All that offline stuff can be for everyone else.

RoseCity07
07-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Wow so hard to create the dream team. Just need to make a few extra models and some jerseys. Then give everyone 95-99 ratings.

2k is desperate. No one is hyped for these games anymore.

Punpun
07-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Dude, I'm pretty sure a pc mod existed where the Dream team was included. Heck, there is a mod with 200+ teams added.

RazorBaLade
07-08-2012, 06:49 AM
how about u fix online ****ing ****

Abd El-Krim
07-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Wow so hard to create the dream team. Just need to make a few extra models and some jerseys. Then give everyone 95-99 ratings.

This.

They aren't even trying to fix bugs or improve the game - just repackaging the same shit and marketing the **** out of it.

NauruDude
07-08-2012, 08:02 AM
What I hoped - All teams competing in Olympics
What I get - The Dream Team. DAMN THAT SUCKS BUGGER OFF 2k

LJJ
07-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Wow, that would be a terrible idea.

First of all, I'm sure they won't be getting the (accurate) opponents of the dream team.

Secondly and more importantly: the dream team was all about crushing any teams they faced. What's the fun in that? What's the game in that even?

niko
07-08-2012, 09:18 AM

They always sell very well, every year. Who is your everyone?

Rake2204
07-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Do I really care about the dream team? I love 2k, but I don't give a crap about playing as Jordan or the dream team or the all star game. I want them to fix their sh*tty online already. I don't get 2k to play the CPU, I like the online competition. Seems like they never focus on the online portion of the game. They take things out every year for online players. My crews, myplayer pick ups, ability to change jerseys online. All these things were taken out. I just want a great online experience. All that offline stuff can be for everyone else.
For starters, I respect your opinion, but I'd love to have the Dream Team added to 2K13 (even if it's really just random speculation at this point). It'd be especially cool if they had real international opponents to play. It all just depends upon what a gamer's focus happens to be. I do not play online but I like current teams and I love classic teams, so this very much appeals.

Now, in terms of the online experience, this surely won't explain all the issues, but 2K12 attempted to begin the arduous process last year of re-writing all their online code that'd previously dated to back to the Dreamcast:

"Going into NBA 2K12 the code was still the same code from the modem days of the Dreamcast," Thomas said. Added-on and modified to account for broadband communications and other modern developments, it still was a relic from the old NFL 2K1 days, the first sports console title with online multiplayer capability. Though fondly recalled for dazzling celebrities at the 2K booth at E3 10 years ago, it had to go. This was the year to do it, 2K Sports decided.

The decision to change online codebases affected everything about the game's online offerings. As this would be a first run, Thomas directed the team to remove complex features that, although manageable in the old creaky architecture, couldn't be integrated with the new code in time for the game's shipping date—which, of course, is set by the NBA.

That meant "My Crew" got the axe. This year.

"We love My Crew," Thomas said. "But it's one of the more complicated features to put online. If we wanted to have a game this year, we needed to keep the feature set tight and small. When you get involved with Crews, there's a whole thing with data exchanging that gets involved."http://kotaku.com/5854423/nba-2k12-works-overtime-on-a-problem-with-roots-in-the-dreamcast

So surely, the online problems still sucked hard (I use the online portion for downloading rosters and uploading video clips) but there was an attempted method to the madness. They were not just removing features for the sake of removing features.

This.

They aren't even trying to fix bugs or improve the game - just repackaging the same shit and marketing the **** out of it.I know 2K is susceptible (like every other gaming company) to laying an eggs every now and again (ex: ESPN NBA Basketball 2004) but I'd have to say more times than not, 2K's always looked to improve their game year-by-year. Unfortunately, I thought they tried to make certain improvements in 2K12 and failed (while succeeding in some areas as well).

First, there were many complaints about the ease of eluding the defense in 2K11, so 2K attempted to counter that by adding questionable defensive physics. Wrong move.

Second, there was much clamoring about NBA Live's nasty attempt at real time physics so 2K countered by attempting to make the ball more "alive". This worked in some facets, the ball would pops loose when ballhandlers were too careless, but then other times it'd lead to those funky soft "elbow blocks". Again, it was an attempt at improvement that went awry.

Third, as mentioned prior, they re-wrote every line of code for the online portion of the game, code that dated back to the Dreamcast. I feel this will have delayed results, hopefully noticed in 2K13. From the sounds of it, it was a large undertaking that resulted in scaling the online portion back one year in order to proceed forward into the future.

Basically, 2K fell short in a few areas last year they were clearly trying to improve greatly. Based on their track record, I trust they'll only continue moving forward in this regard, looking to correct what they acknowledged to having messed up in 2K12. If the Dream Team or an international mode is indeed included, I wouldn't worry about 2K focusing just on that portion of the game. For reference, the year 2K unveiled their first batch of classic teams (2K11) is often referred to as the greatest basketball video game of all time. The classic teams were a big deal, but they made many outstanding improvements to other portions of the game that year. Additional teams and players have most often felt more like an art department area, thus leaving the same amount of time open for gameplay programmers to tweak and improve as they had before. I honestly don't think adding teams is going to affect that portion of the game much.

GOBB
07-08-2012, 09:43 AM
They always sell very well, every year. Who is your everyone?

He hates 2k and says he is done with it time and time again. Yet he can't help himself to reply to the new 2k threads repeating himself. Don't mind him.

RaininTwos
07-08-2012, 09:45 AM
how about u fix online ****ing ****
Exactly. I'm not buying 2k games anymore, i'm done. They havent really made strides in gameplay or online servers in years.

Rake2204
07-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Exactly. I'm not buying 2k games anymore, i'm done. They havent really made strides in gameplay or online servers in years.
I wrote a long post on the page prior that I wouldn't blame folks for not reading, so I'll provide the link I threw in there because I think it may at least provide some insight into their online problems. Essentially, last year they decided to begin the process of doing what you just asked them to (make strides with their online servers). I know nothing about this process, but it sounds like they'd been operating on Dreamcast-aged tech and knew it'd take longer than one 2K cycle to complete: http://kotaku.com/5854423/nba-2k12-works-overtime-on-a-problem-with-roots-in-the-dreamcast