PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers speaks on Ray Allen's decision

swag2011
07-08-2012, 01:17 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2012/07/doc_rivers_disa.html

"I'm just disappointed; he should have stayed," Rivers said before the Celtics' summer league entry began practice at Rollins College. "We recruited him just as hard (as Miami). We talked (after he agreed with the Heat). It was a good talk. You know how I am, when a guy makes his mind up, I am not going to try to change it. I respect him for all he did for us, but I thought he should have stayed with us."

Allen accepted what is being reported as a two-year deal at about $3 million per season to play with the Heat. The Celtics offered twice as much money, but Allen relayed to Rivers the issues he had this past season, and that made the difference.

"No I didn't (have confidence Allen was going to stay), I didn't know one way or the other," Rivers said. "I just knew financially we were in a better position. But he had his reasons for leaving and I'm sure he'll express those with you guys."

When asked if agreed with Allen's reasons for signing with Miami and leaving the Celtics, Rivers said: "No. But that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what i think. I just wish we could have found a way (to keep him) and we didn't. I'll always put (the blame) on us, that's easier."

Rivers hinted that perhaps the Celtics' courting of Kevin Garnett to return may have irritated Allen, who may not have felt like a priority.

"I thought we did that," Rivers said. "Danny (Ainge) in particular did exactly what he should have done. Kevin Garnett was our focal point and he should have been. If that got anyone ruffled then that's probably too bad. We did everything that we're supposed to do.

"He had his reasons. I think emotionally he probably got bent sideways a little bit by us courting Kevin for some reason. I don't know honestly. Listen, he was great for us when he was here and that's all we can say for it. Clearly we would have liked him to stay with us. But I respect Ray and that will never go away."

Discuss.

DTreats
07-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Rays a jerk!

Tenchi Ryu
07-08-2012, 01:21 AM
If he really got pissed at Boston treating KG that well, especially when KG is the ONLY big 3 member who came ready to play this postseason, he really looks like a jerk then.

LosBulls
07-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Wow Ray Allen is a dickhead. Reminds me of that one dude from the movie "The Expendables" who left the good guys to join the bad guys because he was jealous, then got his ass whopped and went back.

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Interesting......Celtics - Heat rivalry heating up. Let it all be solved on the court...

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 01:39 AM
how about he shouldnt have been shopped during trade deadline? :

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Wow Ray Allen is a dickhead. Reminds me of that one dude from the movie "The Expendables" who left the good guys to join the bad guys because he was jealous, then got his ass whopped and went back.

Did the good guys shop that dude to another group?

50inchvertical
07-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Or how about the fact you guys traded or tried to trade him multiple times, including this yr to Memphis and even called and told him then the trade didn't go through.

Plus Ray and Rondo have a rift between them. Miami has a more likely chance of winning a ring, generally considered a better city by most, and the 6million dollar difference in the offers is somewhat negated by no state income tax in Florida, cheaper cost of living, and end of the day he has made enough it doesn't matter.

Derka
07-08-2012, 01:52 AM
how about he shouldnt have been shopped during trade deadline? :

Why the hell shouldn't he have been shopped?

L.Kizzle
07-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Celtics been tryin to get rid of Ray the past two seasons. Than the contract they offered him was pennies compared to the one they just gave KG (3 year 34 million).

They also just signed Jet Terry who will eat up into his minutes.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-08-2012, 02:01 AM
No one would give two sh*ts if he signed w/ the Clips. It's the team that he chose. Going to Miami just doesn't sit well with (some) fans.

nbaballllller
07-08-2012, 02:03 AM

exactly.

so why the hell shouldnt he leave?

there is really no drama here, except the media

swag2011
07-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Ok here's some more info i got on a forum. take with a grain of salt like always. I'm copying and pasting it below.

"Rondo/ Bradley hit it off, grt chemistry, worked grt on floor tog. Rondo admired Bradley's defence only guy to be able to stay in front of him in practices. Allen disagreed being replaced on starting line up by Bradley. Rondo not standing up for Ray preferring to work w Bradley. Rondo started calling less plays for Allen, & not passing him the ball when he was moved to the bench. Much bickering bet Rondo & Ray over this as Ray's stats started dropping. More bickering more Ray's shot opportunities dropped. Relationship deteriorated beyond repair. (Sorry but sounds like Rajon was being the jerk to Ray. Man how many Xmases did Rajon spend w Ray's fam.)

Rajon not going anywhere. Like Doc said best fit for Boston's team need pass first pt guard.

Big 3 not impressed w Rajon's immaturity when; Rajon snubbed for All Star then added as injury replacement Rondo planned to miss the game out of spite but Rivers convinced him not to; after throwing ball at ref vets badgered him (esp KG) to make public apology but Rajon refused only when Doc said he should express regrets later in season to make it seem less disingenuous did Rajon agree. Rajon would only listen to Doc bugged the players.

That players' only closed door meeting also included discussions about Rajon's behaviour.

Makes u wonder what else went on in the locker room. Rondo looking like a selfish, stubborn kid.

MacMullan saying Doc earns most of his $$ by serving as Rajon's disciplinarian, psychiatrist, ego booster and conscience."

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Because he s in Miami right now instead of Boston. :confusedshrug:

Tenchi Ryu
07-08-2012, 02:13 AM
No one would give two sh*ts if he signed w/ the Clips. It's the team that he chose. Going to Miami just doesn't sit well with (some) fans.
I honestly don't understand how this is just flying over people's head. Everyone knew it was a good chance he would leave, considering what happened, its WHERE he went thats causing uproar. The team that JUST beat them, and who they openly dont like, Ray is going to them. I can imagine KG and Pierce are NOT pleased about this at all.

If he went to the Clippers, this wouldn't even be an issue.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:15 AM
I honestly don't understand how this is just flying over people's head. Everyone knew it was a good chance he would leave, considering what happened, its WHERE he went thats causing uproar. The team that JUST beat them, and who they openly dont like, Ray is going to them.

If he went to the Clippers, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Why would he sacrifice his last years of basketball with a the Clippers?
because the franchise that has been shopping him the 2 years wouldnt be happy?

Tenchi Ryu
07-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Why would he sacrifice his last years of basketball with a the Clippers?

Sacrifice? Clippers are a few pieces away from being a legit contender. NO WHERE NEAR a "sacrifice"

And its becoming more obvious that this move was made by Ray just to spite Boston, and if that's the case, makes him look just as bad as Boston.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Sacrifice? Clippers are a few pieces away from being a legit contender. NO WHERE NEAR a "sacrifice"

And its becoming more obvious that this move was made by Ray just to spite Boston, and if that's the case, makes him look just as bad as Boston.

Yeah sacrifice because his first choice was Miami and by choosing Clippers, he would have made a sacrifice. And no, the move was not made just to spite Boston. He will have a bigger role in Miami than in Boston and he will have a much better chance to win another championship. Also, after meeting Riley, he felt that he got the respect that he didn't in Boston.

TMT
07-08-2012, 02:28 AM
There's just no way you can look at this from the perspective of the Celtics organizations and their fans other than a big slap in the face. Obviously Doc feels that way. I'd love to see first hand how the C's big 3 took the news.

The_Yearning
07-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Ok here's some more info i got on a forum. take with a grain of salt like always. I'm copying and pasting it below.

"Rondo/ Bradley hit it off, grt chemistry, worked grt on floor tog. Rondo admired Bradley's defence only guy to be able to stay in front of him in practices. Allen disagreed being replaced on starting line up by Bradley. Rondo not standing up for Ray preferring to work w Bradley. Rondo started calling less plays for Allen, & not passing him the ball when he was moved to the bench. Much bickering bet Rondo & Ray over this as Ray's stats started dropping. More bickering more Ray's shot opportunities dropped. Relationship deteriorated beyond repair. (Sorry but sounds like Rajon was being the jerk to Ray. Man how many Xmases did Rajon spend w Ray's fam.)

Rajon not going anywhere. Like Doc said best fit for Boston's team need pass first pt guard.

Big 3 not impressed w Rajon's immaturity when; Rajon snubbed for All Star then added as injury replacement Rondo planned to miss the game out of spite but Rivers convinced him not to; after throwing ball at ref vets badgered him (esp KG) to make public apology but Rajon refused only when Doc said he should express regrets later in season to make it seem less disingenuous did Rajon agree. Rajon would only listen to Doc bugged the players.

That players' only closed door meeting also included discussions about Rajon's behaviour.

Makes u wonder what else went on in the locker room. Rondo looking like a selfish, stubborn kid.

MacMullan saying Doc earns most of his $$ by serving as Rajon's disciplinarian, psychiatrist, ego booster and conscience."

Am I the only one that read this post?

Rondo's got issues.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I think everyone needs to get off Ray's ass. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the decision he made, he can play for any god damn team he wants to! Sure, the Celtics feel he should have been loyal and re-signed. But tell me this, is it any more loyal to have traded him at the deadline earlier this year? If the teams don't have to be loyal and can do what's best for them, why the **** can't the players?

Ray didn't owe Boston anything, he can play anywhere with anyone and it's nobody's business. I wouldn't feel respected either with the Bradley/Rondo situation and don't blame Ray for getting himself into a better situation, if he feels that is so.

TMT
07-08-2012, 02:37 AM
I think everyone needs to get off Ray's ass. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the decision he made, he can play for any god damn team he wants to! Sure, the Celtics feel he should have been loyal and re-signed. But tell me this, is it any more loyal to have traded him at the deadline earlier this year? If the teams don't have to be loyal and can do what's best for them, why the **** can't the players?

Ray didn't owe Boston anything, he can play anywhere with anyone and it's nobody's business. I wouldn't feel respected either with the Bradley/Rondo situation and don't blame Ray for getting himself into a better situation, if he feels that is so.

28 other teams in the league and he signed with his previous team's biggest rival. Shows not only lack of loyalty, but weakness. He gave in.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 02:37 AM
28 other teams in the league and he signed with his previous team's biggest rival. Shows not only lack of loyalty, but weakness. He gave in.
The Celtics' biggest rival is Miami? Really?:facepalm

TheTruth#34
07-08-2012, 02:39 AM

It must be a nightmare having to play alongside a pass first PG,probably the most unselfish, team orientated PG in the league. :rolleyes:

Ray Allen was a great player and his role on the team should never be underestimated but i believe that he cannot handle the fact that he was never the main man or priority. If he's leaving because he doesn't feel important or because we aggeresively pursued KG more than him then good riddance. He had a role at the Celtics and he's no longer happy with that role so its probably best for both parties if he moves on.

But i will say this, does he really think Miami will treat him any better than the Celtics did? Will he start ahead of Wade? Will they run plays for him and share the ball as much as the Celtics do?

TMT
07-08-2012, 02:39 AM
The Celtics' biggest rival is Miami? Really?:facepalm

At this moment, absolutely.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:41 AM

He signed where he thought was the best place for him. He doesn't give a damn about loyalty because Celtics didn't show him loyalty.

50inchvertical
07-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Right, because loyalty only goes one way.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:43 AM
It must be a nightmare having to play alongside a pass first PG,probably the most unselfish, team orientated PG in the league. :rolleyes:

Ray Allen was a great player and his role on the team should never be underestimated but i believe that he cannot handle the fact that he was never the main man or priority. If he's leaving because he doesn't feel important or because we aggeresively pursued KG more than him then good riddance. He had a role at the Celtics and he's no longer happy with that role so its probably best for both parties if he moves on.

But i will say this, does he really think Miami will treat him any better than the Celtics did? Will he start ahead of Wade? Will they run plays for him and share the ball as much as the Celtics do?

I can guarantee you that he wont be involve in any trade discussions.

TMT
He signed where he thought was the best place for him. He doesn't give a damn about loyalty because Celtics didn't show him loyalty.

That's bullshit. :no: He tagged along for a small fraction of the money he could have had in order to get an easy ring.

brantonli

You can be the most unselfish point guard in the world and still be an immature douchebag off the court (Which is what insider point is implying). It doesn't necessarily correlate.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 02:44 AM
At this moment, absolutely.
Way to live in the moment, they've merely had two playoff series. It's not a true rivalry, it's just the two best teams in their conference. Lakers-Celtics is a rivalry.

Even so if it was their biggest rival, who cares? Get over it. This isn't some high school drama bullshit. A guy can sign with any team he wants to, if he feels Miami can give him the best shot to win, why the hell not? Because it'll hurt your feelings, or other fans? I think it's funny to even think Ray Allen really gives a shit what fans think, his life and he can do as he pleases. It's called free agency for a reason.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:45 AM
That's bullshit. :no: He tagged along for a small fraction of the money he could have had in order to get an easy ring.

He probably doesn't care about money that much at this stage of his career.

TMT
07-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Way to live in the moment, they've merely had two playoff series. It's not a true rivalry, it's just the two best teams in their conference. Lakers-Celtics is a rivalry.

Even so if it was their biggest rival, who cares? Get over it. This isn't some high school drama bullshit. A guy can sign with any team he wants to, if he feels Miami can give him the best shot to win, why the hell not? Because it'll hurt your feelings, or other fans? I think it's funny to even think Ray Allen really gives a shit what fans think, his life and he can do as he pleases. It's called free agency for a reason.

You're being extremely ignorant. It doesn't even simply go as far as Heat vs. Celtics but Celtics against Lebron. This has been a rivalry since the original big three got together in 2007. Lakers are in the opposite conference, they see them once unless both teams are fortunate enough to make the Finals. Yes, I'm aware that they met a couple times recently. THIS is an in conference rivalry between two great teams that are likely to meet up a whole lot, have, and will.

If you actually have respect for what you do and the franchise you wear every night and the name that is on the front of your jersey then you don't just turn around and sign with the enemy. Especially after all the battles you've been through with this particular franchise and the entire reason you already are fortunate enough to have 1 ring on your finger. Call me old fashion but I actually think integrity and decisions when it comes to the game go hand in hand.

50inchvertical
07-08-2012, 02:52 AM
You're being extremely ignorant. It doesn't even simply go as far as Heat vs. Celtics but Celtics against Lebron. This has been a rivalry since the original big three got together in 2007. Lakers are in the opposite conference, they see them once unless both teams are fortunate enough to make the Finals. Yes, I'm aware that they met a couple times recently. THIS is an in conference rivalry between two great teams that are likely to meet up a whole lot, have, and will.

If you actually have respect for what you do and the franchise you wear every night and the name that is on the front of your jersey then you don't just turn around and sign with the enemy.
Says who? TMT? Think Ray gives a ****?

The same argument can be made, if the Celtics have respect for Ray, they don't trade him to Memphis and shop him every season and offseason.

People do what they feel is in their own best interest. Funny how only players get criticized for it.

Free agency, look it up.

TheTruth#34
I can guarantee you that he wont be involve in any trade discussions.

Celtics offered him a no trade clause :confusedshrug:

Nobody is exempt from trade discussions. Rondo and Pierce were also touted about by Ainge and they didnt let it affect their game did they?

If he was honest and just came out and admitted that he's gone to Miami because he believes he's a better shot at a ring then I'd have more respect for him.

He seems to be leaking stories making Boston out to be the bad guys when we offered him a big contract,no trade clause and given assurances he still had a role on the team.

ProfessorMurder

They've had 2 series with the Lakers since the 80s. They've played LeBron/Wade and them together on the Heat much more. Miami is their rival right now.

If you don't understand how much of a bitch move this was by Ray I can't help you.

Ray signed to the rival, for half the money, has to move his family and change doctors and leave a great diabetes care center, learn a new system, and essentially said "f*ck you" to Ainge/Rondo/Pierce/KG with this choice.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 02:54 AM

If you actually have respect for what you do and the franchise you wear every night and the name that is on the front of your jersey then you don't just turn around and sign with the enemy.

I think it's ignorant to think these guys aren't friends beyond their teams and that they don't have relationships beyond the teams they play for. There is no such thing as an "enemy" in this case. It's all fan-fic and media driven. These players don't actually hate each other, they are really a part of an intricately woven brotherhood as guys in the league. I don't even see why Ray should be "loyal" when the team almost traded him and didn't recruit him as hard as KG.

It's been said time and time again, but this game is really just a business. Even to the common person, a better situation or better pay or what ever you desire will drive you away from even the job where you have all your friends. Same goes for Ray, it wasn't about money but about how comfortable he was and winning. End of story.

TMT
07-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Says who? TMT? Think Ray gives a ****?

The same argument can be made, if the Celtics have respect for Ray, they don't trade him to Memphis and shop him every season and offseason.

People do what they feel is in their own best interest. Funny how only players get criticized for it.

Free agency, look it up.

Rondo and Pierce have been shopped as well, you don't see them demanding a trade do you? Do you honestly think the Celtics would have traded Ray had he decided to resign with them?

I'm not saying Ray does give a ****, but he should. That organization is the reason he didn't end his career with nothing to show for it but the record for 3 point shots and all star appearances.

50inchvertical
07-08-2012, 02:57 AM
The Celtics traded Ray, it just didn't go through. He got traded to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Doc called him and told him, Mayo bitched and said he wouldn't sign an extension in Boston and so they nullified the trade, again AFTER they had already told him. And yes, they have been dangling him since 09

They have also been trying to minimize his role and fade him out in favor of a 2nd yr player. He didn't complain, just did whatever they asked. When they said come off the bench, he did so.

TMT
07-08-2012, 02:58 AM
I think it's ignorant to think these guys aren't friends beyond their teams and that they don't have relationships beyond the teams they play for. There is no such thing as an "enemy" in this case. It's all fan-fic and media driven. These players don't actually hate each other, they are really a part of an intricately woven brotherhood as guys in the league. I don't even see why Ray should be "loyal" when the team almost traded him and didn't recruit him as hard as KG.

It's been said time and time again, but this game is really just a business. Even to the common person, a better situation or better pay or what ever you desire will drive you away from even the job where you have all your friends. Same goes for Ray, it wasn't about money but about how comfortable he was and winning. End of story.

Oh, what, so now Lebron and Wade are Ray's best buddies? Give me a break.
If you asked Ray or any of the Celtics for that matter if they didn't like the Heat they'd probably respond with a "hell yeah".

You are right when you say he has the right to take less money if it makes him happy. But bottom line he's a traitor, he signed with the enemy in order to tag along for another ring or two when in reality this team would win more without him anyway. :confusedshrug: Take it however you want to. But I will continue to look at it from my perspective, and to me it's a dick move.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Rondo and Pierce have been shopped as well, you don't see them demanding a trade do you? Do you honestly think the Celtics would have traded Ray had he decided to resign with them?

I'm not saying Ray does give a ****, but he should. That organization is the reason he didn't end his career with nothing to show for it but the record for 3 point shots and all star appearances.
Ah, here we go with this one. Do people actually believe that these guys base their careers off whether they win a title or not? They are professional athletes, they make more money than you can dream of and play the sport they love for a profession. It's disgraceful to say Ray Allen's career sans Celtics years is nothing to show. He was a surefire hall of famer whether he did or didn't ever put a Celtics uni on.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Celtics offered him a no trade clause :confusedshrug:

Nobody is exempt from trade discussions. Rondo and Pierce were also touted about by Ainge and they didnt let it affect their game did they?

If he was honest and just came out and admitted that he's gone to Miami because he believes he's a better shot at a ring then I'd have more respect for him.

He seems to be leaking stories making Boston out to be the bad guys when we offered him a big contract,no trade clause and given assurances he still had a role on the team.

Let s be real, they offered him that big contract and no trade clause only because they didn't want him to go to Miami. If it wasn't for Miami, they wouldn't chase him that hard.

TMT
07-08-2012, 03:00 AM
The Celtics traded Ray, it just didn't go through. He got traded to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Doc called him and told him, Mayo bitched and said he wouldn't sign an extension in Boston and so they nullified the trade, again AFTER they had already told him. And yes, they have been dangling him since 09/

How many rumors have you heard concerning Rondo or Pierce? Regardless these guys bleed green because of what the organization has given them and what it means to them.

TheTruth#34
07-08-2012, 03:00 AM
If you asked Ray or any of the Celtics for that matter if they didn't like the Heat they'd probably respond with a "hell yeah".

You are right when you say he has the right to take less money if it makes him happy. But bottom line he's a traitor, he signed with the enemy in order to tag along for another ring or two when in reality this team would win more without him anyway. :confusedshrug: Take it however you want to. But I will continue to look at it from my perspective, and to me it's a dick move.

Good to see fans from others teams can see this for what it really is as well

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 03:01 AM

Never said they're best buddies, but basketball teams aren't like UN members, they aren't separate entities, the player movement and such is a very fluid concept.

And bottom line is, if he feels like he was mistreated and in a bad situation, he doesn't need to be loyal to that. He can move on with his career elsewhere.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:01 AM

It s okay for the Celtics to trade Allen to another team, but it s not okay for Allen to sign with the team of his choice?

ProfessorMurder
07-08-2012, 03:02 AM

Ray's mad that Rondo likes Avery? Play better defense.

Mad about coming off the bench? Don't get hurt.

Ray tried to run breaks himself as much as Rondo didn't pass to him. They were both guilty of this.

If you think you were snubbed, why go as a replacement? It's understandable to feel disrespected.

Why apologize for throwing a ball at a ref? He served his punishment.

F*ck listening to other players, you listen to your coach.

ProfessorMurder
07-08-2012, 03:03 AM
They have also been trying to minimize his role and fade him out in favor of a 2nd yr player. He didn't complain, just did whatever they asked. When they said come off the bench, he did so.

He came off the bench because he had f*cking bone spurs!

TMT
Ah, here we go with this one. Do people actually believe that these guys base their careers off whether they win a title or not? They are professional athletes, they make more money than you can dream of and play the sport they love for a profession. It's disgraceful to say Ray Allen's career sans Celtics years is nothing to show. He was a surefire hall of famer whether he did or didn't ever put a Celtics uni on.

Ah, but championships play a bigger role than you think. Why did Lebron make the most critical decision in all of modern sports? For the right to say he was an NBA champion. You can have a solid career as a pro, and make yourself as happy as you want to be. But when it's all over if you go out without knowing what it was like to be the best and on top of the rest, there is a big empty hole and all professional athletes damn sure know it.

livinglegend
How many rumors have you heard concerning Rondo or Pierce? Regardless these guys bleed green because of what the organization has given them and what it means to them.
:biggums: :wtf:

A player should always be loyal to an organization even if the the organization isnt.

50inchvertical
They have only worn one jersey. Ray has been bounced around, and made over 100 mil in his career so 12mil over 2 isn't much different than 9 mil over 3. It's not like he'll ever be about to buy something and say, "I can't afford that. I only make 9 mil over the next 3 yrs. If I made 12 mil in the next 2 I would be able to though, shucks."

A suprisingly overlooked ingredient in all of this is the common perception on the city of Boston. Add to that they signed Terry before Ray Allen too, another guy whos going to cut into his minutes. I would have peaced out too.

He is going to get so many open looks alongside Wade and LeBron.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:05 AM
He came off the bench because he had f*cking bone spurs!

Celtics have stated many times that Bradley would start from now on.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Ah, but championships play a bigger role than you think. Why did Lebron make the most critical decision in all of modern sports? For the right to say he was an NBA champion. You can have a solid career as a pro, and make yourself as happy as you want to be. But when it's all over if you go out without knowing what it was like to be the best and on top of the rest, there is a big empty hole and all professional athletes damn sure know it.
This surely has to be an effect of the media, because I can't actually believe you think most athletes feel that way :oldlol:

Championships are only emphasized for those alpha guys (Kobe, LBJ, Wade, etc). Does anyone actually think Ray would have been remembered or valued less after retiring if he didn't win a title? Hell no.

TMT
07-08-2012, 03:07 AM
Good to see fans from others teams can see this for what it really is as well

:cheers:

They have only worn one jersey. Ray has been bounced around, and made over 100 mil in his career so 12mil over 2 isn't much different than 9 mil over 3. It's not like he'll ever be about to buy something and say, "I can't afford that. I only make 9 mil over the next 3 yrs. If I made 12 mil in the next 2 I would be able to though, shucks."

A suprisingly overlooked ingredient in all of this is the common perception on the city of Boston. Add to that they signed Terry before Ray Allen too, another guy whos going to cut into his minutes. I would have peaced out too.

He is going to get so many open looks alongside Wade and LeBron.

If Allen would have come straight back and said "I want to re-sign", you can bet your ass they would have signed him before Terry and even before KG for that matter. Just because Terry and KG knew what they wanted shouldn't be held against them. :rolleyes:

50inchvertical
Copied from a Celts msg board, needless to say they didn't take it well

F ray, f his 80 year old ankles. F his no defense and cry if i dont get to shoot the ball every trip down the court. F his wanting to ride ledouches dancing #*% to ring he wont get, f the beaches in miami. Ray allen is dead to me, f stickying this crap like he's now not as hated as ledouche himself. I threw up in my mouth thinking he actually broke an nba record while on our team. I'll never consider him as being a real celitc, this is like bird signing for vet min to play for the lakers. Could u imagine that those of u who grew up in the 80's? Today's fans are ok with enough to put up an appreciation thread. OMG.

Are you sure he had bone spurs? or did his ankles just grow ******s like the rest of him.

I hope jason terry wears number 20

I was OK with it being 8 on 5. I understand this is a business and the league from a marketing point of view wanted Miami to win. But 9 on 4 is just a sad betrayal on Ray's part. The plus minus is clear for Ray. The three games we won (+1,+2,+2), Ray had a positive plus minus of +1.7 on average. On the four games we lost Ray had four negative plus minus (-9,-2,-6,-9) for an average -4.5. The critical last two games he was playing at a -7.5 clip.

Ray Allen is dead to Celtics Nation. No jersy in the rafters. No ovation when he comes back to Boston. No invitation to come back for championship reunions. KG and PP carried this choker on their back when he stunk up the joint throughout the 2008 playoffs. And this is how this classless punk repays them? Have fun sniffing LeBron's jock in Miami the next couple years, Ray. I can't wait to watch them trade your corpse and expiring contract to Sacramento in a couple years. And DON'T, I repeat DON'T, even think about mentioning the Celtics when you're inducted into the HOF. You are a Buck, Sonic and Heat...you should be so proud.

swag2011
It's obvious people are bitter because of the TEAM he chose. If he chose Clippers, no one would give a shit. if he should knicks, not one fxck would be given. If he chose Grizzlies, who cares? But since he chose Miami, and they are already hated b/c of the way they came together, plus their arrogance etc, that's why people are pissed.

To be honest, as a Laker fan, i couldn't care less. BUT you guys gotta remember, Boston had him on the trading block numerous times. They EVEN traded him back in march, but the deal fell through. So they had Doc tell him he was traded, only for him to tell him it didn't go completely through.

Ray's relationship with Rondo has been sour, but i'm assuming the final straw HAS to be the fact that he was basically traded. He just wants to feel wanted, and yall know Riley has got a way with words. So he chose the team that he felt wanted him, and the team that he could win another ring with.

It's a team right to trade player that don't necessarily fit the team any more, just like it's a free agents right to leave a team when he doesn't feel like he fits anymore. it's a business BOTH ways

TMT
07-08-2012, 03:08 AM
This surely has to be an effect of the media, because I can't actually believe you think most athletes feel that way :oldlol:

Championships are only emphasized for those alpha guys (Kobe, LBJ, Wade, etc). Does anyone actually think Ray would have been remembered or valued less after retiring if he didn't win a title? Hell no.

Has nothing to do with the media. In professional sports you don't just play the game to play, or play the game to get paid. You play to WIN.

Clearly someone was raised without competitiveness.

And had Ray not won one, his career wouldn't have been the same. In his eyes or by others.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Boston s great "respect " for Allen only came after they felt that they would lose him to Miami. Otherwise, they didn't give a damn about him.

50inchvertical
07-08-2012, 03:11 AM
http://www.imgnook.com/aqkOVo.gif

jbot
07-08-2012, 03:11 AM
he might have been butt sore from the trade talks the past 2 seasons but he should know that it comes down to the nba being a business.

i lost a bit of respect for ray when he signed with the heat. i'm not a boston fan but i'm sick of seeing all this ring chasing crap that's popping up.

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Has nothing to do with the media. In professional sports you don't just play the game to play, or play the game to get paid. You play to WIN.

Clearly someone was raised without competitiveness.

And had Ray not won one, his career wouldn't have been the same. In his eyes or by others.
I don't see anyone really caring if Ray didn't win a title, he's not expected to lead a team to a title anyway. Basketball is a team sport and you can only control so much with your own abilities. I'm sure Ray also played to win on his previous teams, but the pieces around him weren't enough.

And to say that he should appreciate the franchise because they won a title with HIM on the team is absurd. He was arguably their best performer in those Finals, by your standard, shouldn't they have given him an extension and not put him on the trade block if he did that for him?

It's a two way road.

50inchvertical
07-08-2012, 03:13 AM
So is the NBA not a business when players make decisions in their own best interest tho? Funny how you guys hate free agency but excuse teams for trying to trade guys. Again, you want loyalty to only go one way.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Pierce has been the Celtics franchise player for 13 years and he was damn near traded to the Nets, yet you don't see him even mentioning it. KG was rumored to be traded to the Hawks at the deadline and didn't mention it and still resigned for 3 years without a trade kicker. Rondo was involved in multiple trade rumors and he responded with a great season and an incredible Playoff run.

And Ray, the worst player of the four is gonna bitch about almost being traded? :oldlol:

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:15 AM
he might have been butt sore from the trade talks the past 2 seasons but he should know that it comes down to the nba being a business.

i lost a bit of respect for ray when he signed with the heat. i'm not a boston fan but i'm sick of seeing all this ring chasing crap that's popping up.

Celtics should also know that.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Pierce has been the Celtics franchise player for 13 years and he was damn near traded to the Nets, yet you don't see him even mentioning it. KG was rumored to be traded to the Hawks at the deadline and didn't mention it and still resigned for 3 years without a trade kicker. Rondo was involved in multiple trade rumors and he responded with a great season and an incredible Playoff run.

And Ray, the worst player of the four is gonna bitch about almost being traded? :oldlol:

He was professional and didn't bitch about being traded. Celtics organization is bitching right now because he signed with Miami.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 03:17 AM
He was professional and didn't bitch about being traded. Celtics organization is bitching right now because he signed with Miami.
What? The guy demanded a trade kicker from the Celtics. :oldlol:

SpaceJammeR
07-08-2012, 03:17 AM
ray can play wherever the hell he wants. people just mad just because it's the heat. boston tried to f him over and he didn't like what they did so why can't he leave? people need to get over it!!

TMT
07-08-2012, 03:19 AM
I don't see anyone really caring if Ray didn't win a title, he's not expected to lead a team to a title anyway. Basketball is a team sport and you can only control so much with your own abilities. I'm sure Ray also played to win on his previous teams, but the pieces around him weren't enough.

And to say that he should appreciate the franchise because they won a title with HIM on the team is absurd. He was arguably their best performer in those Finals, by your standard, shouldn't they have given him an extension and not put him on the trade block if he did that for him?

It's a two way road.

So by that logic if he were never to be on that Celtics team that won the title and continued his losing ways on some other franchise, then I suppose his career would be looked by all exactly the same? Wrong.

And Ray, the worst player of the four is gonna bitch about almost being traded?

Finally some sense in here. :applause:

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:20 AM
What? The guy demanded a trade kicker from the Celtics. :oldlol:

He didn't demand it, Celtics offered it.

livinglegend
07-08-2012, 03:23 AM
So by that logic if he were never to be on that Celtics team that won the title and continued his losing ways on some other franchise, then I suppose his career would be looked by all exactly the same? Wrong.

Finally some sense in here. :applause:

Hey, let s get some things straight.
You were mad because Heat won the championship and now, you are even more mad because they got better with Allen. You dont give a damn about Allen s move, all you care about is hating on Heat and its players.

coin24
07-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Fu*k yo team clown:oldlol:

Rays a free agent, can sign where he pleases... Everyone crying should STFU. Pretty sure hed be sick of that asshole Rondo, and douchebags like Pierce and Garnett.. Time for some sun and hot orgies in Miami:rockon:

Tenchi Ryu
07-08-2012, 03:25 AM
If I was KG and Pierce, I'd definitely take this as a personal blow. You directly join the main person who has been an obstacle for us for years now, and basically admit that you felt we didn't care about you, with out even talking to us. The people you left us for are the SAME people you KNOW we hate, sounds to me Ray didn't value his friendship with the other members of the Big 3 or Doc anymore if the decision was that easy.

That's some revelation undercover agent shit
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Killbot
07-08-2012, 03:26 AM
I know Doc is a reliable source, but that seems crazy to think Ray chose the Heat because Celtics paid more attention to the KG.

It's most likely the signing of Terry that made Allen pissed.

ballup
07-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Fu*k yo team clown:oldlol:

Rays a free agent, can sign where he pleases... Everyone crying should STFU. Pretty sure hed be sick of that asshole Rondo, and douchebags like Pierce and Garnett.. Time for some sun and hot orgies in Miami:rockon:
You have a fantasy of an orgy between the members of the Miami Heat?:coleman:

TMT
07-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Hey, let s get some things straight.
You were mad because Heat won the championship and now, you are even more mad because they got better with Allen. You dont give a damn about Allen s move, all you care about is hating on Heat and its players.

Who the hell are you?

I wasn't mad when the Heat won the championship. I had money on the Thunder, but that was the only reason I was for the Heat losing. It was actually nice to see Lebron win his first title. I watched every single game of the Finals, and even dedicated a thread to making championship avatars for Heat fans to celebrate. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268630)

I'm no fan of the Heat, but I'm not fond of the Celtics either. This is a neutral opinion from a casual NBA fan. I don't like what the league is turning into, and this is just another step down.

This is about Allen's choice. Not only to ditch this team that has done so much for him and made his home, but to leave for their biggest rival. I personally would have been mad if Ray had gone anywhere else except Boston, but the fact that he went to the Heat made it so much worse. And bottom line it was to be a classic ring chaser, and I believe Ray is better than that. So stfu.

Clearly I need some sleep. But just wanted to clear that up.

LakersReign
07-08-2012, 03:35 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2012/07/doc_rivers_disa.html
Discuss.

While I do agree that the NBA is a business, and it being so, players do have the right to sign whereever they want to. But regardless this move wreaks of bad blood between Ray and Boston. Sort of like Shaq signing with Boston, having once been a Laker. He could've signed with anybody else and it wouldn't have been a big deal. Wesley Snipes had a line in "New Jack City" that said "it's always business, never personal." IMO, this was more personal than business.

Quickening
07-08-2012, 03:38 AM
I didn't know Boston fans were this stupid... "The NBA is a business, Celtics can trade players whenever they want, they don't need to be loyal to their players, players shouldn't bitch when the Celtics try to trade them..."

but players have to bo completely loyal to Boston, its ok for the Celtics to bitch when a players decides to leave, players shouldn't treat the NBA like a business...

:lol :roll:

Quickening
07-08-2012, 03:40 AM
While i do agree that the NBA is a business, and it being so, players do have the right to sign whereever they want to. But regardless this move wreaks of bad blood between Ray and Boston. Sort of like Shaq signing with Boston, having once been a Laker. He could've signed with anybody else and it wouldn't have been a big deal. Wesley Snipes had a line in "New Jack City" that said "it's always business, never personal." IMO, this was more personal than business.

But there is no other team in the NBA who he would have a good a chance of winning a ring with, and where he would have the biggest impact.... he will get plenty of space for shots.... its not like he has gone to a scrub team, just to piss Boston off.

Fiasco
07-08-2012, 03:45 AM
They kept trying to trade Allen all last year, but he's somehow supposed to be loyal to Ainge + the Celtics? LOL

This is not even touching on the fact that he took less to re-up with the Celtics.

**** that, I'm glad Allen avoided another Perkins mess.

comerb
07-08-2012, 03:46 AM

There is nothing wrong w/ shopping him. Just don't expect him to be happy about it when you fail and then want to sign him to a contract.

I'll never understand why people think franchises are free to throw players around like bags of potatoes, but players are suppose to be completely loyal to the franchise.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 03:49 AM
They kept trying to trade Allen all last year, but he's somehow supposed to be loyal to Ainge + the Celtics? LOL

This is not even touching on the fact that he took less to re-up with the Celtics.

**** that, I'm glad Allen avoided another Perkins mess.
Oh, because being involved in ONE potential deal is trying to trade him "all of last year". Fact, Rondo was involved in at least four times the amount of trade rumors Ray was. Pierce and KG were in the same amount (one) as Allen. But Ray's the only one of the four bitching.

Quickening
07-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Oh, because being involved in ONE potential deal is trying to trade him "all of last year". Fact, Rondo was involved in at least four times the amount of trade rumors Ray was. Pierce and KG were in the same amount (one) as Allen. But Ray's the only one of the four bitching.

So your bragging about the Celtics treating their players like mere assets... and then complaining when the players do the same.:lol :roll:

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 04:06 AM
So your bragging about the Celtics treating their players like mere assets... and then complaining when the players do the same.:lol :roll:
Nope, I'm just pointing out that KG, Pierce, and Rondo understood it was all business and responded with their play even though they had even more reason to be mad than Ray.

And I'm not complaining about anything. I have no problem with Ray going where he wants to, I knew he was gone after the Celtics signed Terry. But if his reason is that he's mad he heard his name in trade rumors then he's a baby.

gilalizard
07-08-2012, 04:07 AM
And here I thought Ray was the classy one on the Celtics...

He ends up taking less money to join the douchiest, most stacked and ref-favored team in the league, to "win" easy rings and spite the team he won his first and only ring with.

Jesus is a-bandwagoning!

lulz

Iraqnback
07-08-2012, 04:09 AM

You're right it's business. Just like when y'all gave up Perk for Green. Right? So Ray, a FA, said to him self I'll make a business decision to sign with another team. Cause you know it's within his rights to do so, just like it was within the Celtics right to try and trade him for OJ Mayo. Oh and for Pyscho T. Oh and don't forget Pierce, when there were rumblings of him getting shipped off.
So you're right with your question! :cheers:

Quickening
07-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Nope, I'm just pointing out that KG, Pierce, and Rondo understood it was all business and responded with their play even though they had even more reason to be mad than Ray.

And I'm not complaining about anything. I have no problem with Ray going where he wants to, I knew he was gone after the Celtics signed Terry. But if his reason is that he's mad he heard his name in trade rumors then he's a baby.

Celtics are the ones bitching... not heard Ray say anything.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 04:21 AM
He left because he was mad that he was almost traded. Which is as weak of a reason as it gets considering he was the Celtics 4th best player (at best), and the top 3 players on the team heard their names in just as many, if not more trade rumors than Ray did.

Again, I have no problem with him going to Miami, but if he left because he heard his name in trade rumors then he's a baby. Especially considering Danny was willing to give him a no trade clause.

Iraqnback
07-08-2012, 04:22 AM

Actually it's mainly their fans and I wouldn't say bitching, more like "disappointed" as Doc said.

Nah. The bitching!! :roll: :oldlol:

Quickening
07-08-2012, 04:30 AM
He left because he was mad that he was almost traded. Which is as weak of a reason as it gets considering he was the Celtics 4th best player (at best), and the top 3 players on the team heard their names in just as many, if not more trade rumors than Ray did.

Again, I have no problem with him going to Miami, but if he left because he heard his name in trade rumors then he's a baby. Especially considering Danny was willing to give him a no trade clause.

Couldn't possibly be because his joining the current champions and a team that has been too the finals 2 years running.

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Couldn't possibly be because his joining the current champions and a team that has been too the finals 2 years running.
It's been reported that the main reason he left was because he was upset about almost being traded.

Quickening
07-08-2012, 04:38 AM
It's been reported that the main reason he left was because he was upset about almost being traded.

Reported by butthurt celtics... they are hardly going to say, he left because we aren't winning shit any time soon.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-08-2012, 04:41 AM
It's obvious people are bitter because of the TEAM he chose. If he chose Clippers, no one would give a shit. if he should knicks, not one fxck would be given. If he chose Grizzlies, who cares? But since he chose Miami, and they are already hated b/c of the way they came together, plus their arrogance etc, that's why people are pissed.

To be honest, as a Laker fan, i couldn't care less. BUT you guys gotta remember, Boston had him on the trading block numerous times. They EVEN traded him back in march, but the deal fell through. So they had Doc tell him he was traded, only for him to tell him it didn't go completely through.

Ray's relationship with Rondo has been sour, but i'm assuming the final straw HAS to be the fact that he was basically traded. He just wants to feel wanted, and yall know Riley has got a way with words. So he chose the team that he felt wanted him, and the team that he could win another ring with.

It's a team right to trade player that don't necessarily fit the team any more, just like it's a free agents right to leave a team when he doesn't feel like he fits anymore. it's a business BOTH ways
repped

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Reported by butthurt celtics... they are hardly going to say, he left because we aren't winning shit any time soon.
Nope, by a credible source (http://www.csnne.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=uvXM2-0gePFz3beNjPJg9fAXjdFGG497uqIV_W)

:oldlol: And it's funny you say that, when most of the posts earlier in the thread by NON-Celtic fans are "Oh, well he left because they almost traded him!!!"

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2012, 04:42 AM
I listen to Doc speak on this and I hear the player in him more than the coach tbh.

As for the loyalty thing? What makes it a certainty that he's secure in Miami? Did they solemnly swear to not trade him? If someone calls with a center come February and they want Ray Ray too you don't think the Heat will move him?

If you have this notion that you've built something, I can't see why you'd leave it. You think Tony Parker would just up and leave?

It won't help his legacy, he makes less money, he'll get less time... it just seems to me to be a spite move. And from what I discern from Allen is true, that doesn't surprise me.

comerb
07-08-2012, 04:48 AM
I listen to Doc speak on this and I hear the player in him more than the coach tbh.

As for the loyalty thing? What makes it a certainty that he's secure in Miami? Did they solemnly swear to not trade him? If someone calls with a center come February and they want Ray Ray too you don't think the Heat will move him?

If you have this notion that you've built something, I can't see why you'd leave it. You think Tony Parker would just up and leave?

It won't help his legacy, he makes less money, he'll get less time... it just seems to me to be a spite move. And from what I discern from Allen is true, that doesn't surprise me.

You're point on loyalty doesn't make any sense. Ray doesn't have any loyalty to Miami, he hasn't even played there. They gave him a 2 year deal to fill a position that is practically perfect for him at chump change. There is no chance they'll trade him.

Also, have you actually paid attention to the current situation in Boston at the guard position? He was going to take a massive hit in minutes if he stayed there regardless.

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2012, 05:04 AM
You're point on loyalty doesn't make any sense. Ray doesn't have any loyalty to Miami, he hasn't even played there. They gave him a 2 year deal to fill a position that is practically perfect for him at chump change. There is no chance they'll trade him.

Also, have you actually paid attention to the current situation in Boston at the guard position? He was going to take a massive hit in minutes if he stayed there regardless.

If his excuse is: "Well they tried to trade me." Well they had a good offer. Allen is not an Untouchable. Those are very rare indeed.

If Miami gets an offer they will trade him. There's no such thing as no chance. It is unlikely, but I'm just using a hypothetical situation to prove my point. Unless there is something about what happened behind closed doors that we don't know about it seems to me that it's sour grapes over nothing.

I had forgotten about the Terry signing actually. You're right.

All Net
07-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Or just maybe he wins another title? Chances are he gets that in Miami.

francesco totti
07-08-2012, 06:00 AM
The only one who knows the reasons behind the decision ( ray allen) did not speak why he left yet..
and we here speculating..

i would like to hear what allen has to say, he did nthg wrong imo.

zabuza666
07-08-2012, 06:08 AM

Just because Rondo and co. didn't bitch doesn't make it wrong for Ray to do so. He had numerous gripes with the organization and a key member of the team (Rondo). He got offered a spot to play on the best team in a good city where alot of his family lives near by. And it's not like he choose the Heat over numerous other offers, the Heat were really the only legitimate offer he got; where else was he meant to go?

I honestly don't know how you can blame Ray Allen for what he did? I would have done the exact same thing.

Brickz187
07-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Let s be real, they offered him that big contract and no trade clause only because they didn't want him to go to Miami. If it wasn't for Miami, they wouldn't chase him that hard.

^^^^^This right here is what I truly believe. The ONLY reason Ray Allen was getting this kind of contract was because they did not want him going to Miami. Lets be honest here, Celtics didn't really want Ray, but because Miami had the highest chance of getting Ray they had to offer him something to get him to stay. Yall can take the so called "loyalty" to a team he played for 5 years who was trying to trade him for 3 of those years and shove it. He made the best decision he wanted to make. Who cares about them trying to trade him, who cares about the whole Rondo situation, Ray Allen wanted to go to the Heat more than the Celtics. No other explanation is needed. He was a free agent.

cltcfn2924
07-08-2012, 06:42 AM

You are very wrong about that. He bitched and moaned quite a bit. And now Rondo was the problem, and then signing KG is a problem. What else is a problem? I always go with the common thread. Ray was the problem!! He is 37 not 19. He is being a little bitch.

theaussieguy
07-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Or just maybe he wins another title? Chances are he gets that in Miami.

this is probably the biggest reason, i refer all of you to david letterman in 2008 when he and KG took the seats.

He spoke about talking to MJ, and MJ said..."when u get 2, then we will talk"

he just wants to talk to MJ guys get a grip

Nash
07-08-2012, 08:08 AM
What people fail to understand in this whole thing is that besides Miami being the perfect team for his basketball career and what he wants to achieve, the man actually has his family in Florida. That makes the decision even easier for him.

TheOne
07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Let Ray go already, bitches. This guy contributed so much to the C's organization and played a major role (many have him as FMVP) in the only ring they won. You already got your plan in A. Bradley and Jet. Why bitch over where Ray goes?

comerb
07-08-2012, 08:37 AM
If his excuse is: "Well they tried to trade me." Well they had a good offer. Allen is not an Untouchable. Those are very rare indeed.

If Miami gets an offer they will trade him. There's no such thing as no chance. It is unlikely, but I'm just using a hypothetical situation to prove my point. Unless there is something about what happened behind closed doors that we don't know about it seems to me that it's sour grapes over nothing.

I had forgotten about the Terry signing actually. You're right.

Ainge didn't get "a good offer". Ainge actively shopped him. There is a difference.

As far as the closed door stuff, you also have a personal conflict w/ Rondo to contend with. I've also personally never felt like Ray's personality meshed well w/ his teammates. Rondo, Pierce and Garnet are a pretty motley crew, lots of shit talking and savvy (and a bit dirty) play. and Ray is the quiet nice classy guy.

RaininTwos
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
http://www.webmastertalkforums.com/attachments/localized/75927_they+so+mad.jpg

Raz
07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
If he really got pissed at Boston treating KG that well, especially when KG is the ONLY big 3 member who came ready to play this postseason, he really looks like a jerk then.

Stupid. Ray played his ass off potentially ending his career or severely limiting it by playing on damaged ankles. Old guys don't heal as well, and he gave us all he had.

I'll always think of Ray as a Buck and a Celtic, much like Shaq is only a Magic player and a Laker.

Stop all this Ray bashing. Yes, the Heat suck, but Ray is still one of the good guys.

PJR
07-08-2012, 12:21 PM
The tears in this thread are so thirst quenching. :oldlol:

LeGawd or D.Wade in the post with Ray spacing the floor? :bowdown: :bowdown:

code green
07-08-2012, 12:55 PM
He didn't leave because of Terry. :oldlol:

What do you want Danny to do? The best player on your team at the position is going to multiple cities to see what he can be offered, did you expect Ainge to sit around and risk getting nothing if Ray bolted? Fact is, Allen knew he was gone the minute we were eliminated by Miami.

All year long, we heard rumors of KG for Josh Smith, Rondo for Westbrook (before the year, obviously), Pierce for freaking Gasol...they didn't sit around and cry about it. And Ray's supposed to be the most mature one out of the four? And please, we've known about Rondo's attitude for years now...I wouldn't pass Ray the ball if I were him either the way Ray was shooting in the postseason.

Point is, he's obviously able to go wherever he wants. I'm not saying he shouldn't have gone to Miami. But joining the team that knocked you out of the playoffs the past two years is just weak sauce. Especially when his poor play was a significant reason both years.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Interesting......Celtics - Heat rivalry heating up. Let it all be solved on the court...
Maybe the Celtics needed this. It could be a huge motivating factor if they meet the Heat in the Play-offs this year. There are about 3 or 4 Eastern Conference teams that are a move or two away from being serious contenders and the Celtics are one of them teams.

Heat1011
07-08-2012, 02:04 PM
W/e one man's trash is another man's treasure

swi7ch
07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Ray for threeeeeeeeeee! BANG! MIA up by 33 pts!!!

ballup
07-08-2012, 02:55 PM
If Ray did this just to spite the Celtics' FO, I've lost a lot of respect for him. He is supposedly a very conscious and considerate person no matter who the subject may be. I remember around the time when trades were going down two Christmases ago, Ray Allen's reaction wasn't about how the trades affected the teams, but how they affected the player's families who celebrate the holidays.

I don't see any other reason why he would go the Heat. He's not going to get anymore significant minutes in Miami. If his family moves with him, he's not going to get better health care for his diabetic kid. Ring chasing? He has one being a core member of a great team.

Nash
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Ray for threeeeeeeeeee! BANG! MIA up by 33 pts!!!
:lol :lol

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Big ass pic
only heat fans get a pass :no: