PDA

View Full Version : Camby Signing With Knicks Means He Doesnt Care About Winning

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Going to the Knicks to back-up Chandler and lose in the 1st round would be pathetic. When by just taking a pay-cut he can start on a championship team and retire with a ring. If he is all about the money, than he doesn't belong on the Heat. Most of these guys took pay-cuts in order to build something this special.

NOHCP3
07-08-2012, 02:57 PM
in b4 massive hate :lol

Agree with the point of him winning but he hasn't made as much as other guys have so I understand wanting to get as much money as he can now because when he retires that's it

Umad101
07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Going to the Knicks to back-up Chandler and lose in the 1st round would be pathetic. When by just taking a pay-cut he can start on a championship team and retire with a ring. If he is all about the money, than he doesn't belong on the Heat. Most of these guys took pay-cuts in order to build something this special.
They'll lose in the second round this time k

niko
You're all really butthurt about this. Cambys place in history does not change with a ring. He doesn't need you, not for a huge discount.

I'm sorry, is Lebron playing for less than half of market?

Nash
There is nothing wrong in wanting money. But after 17 years in the league and becoming filthy rich in the process, you'd think he finally wants to reach the mountain top in his profession.

Derka
People not throwing integrity and competitiveness out the window to help Lebron get more rings = they don't care about winning.

Cool story, bro.

ElPigto
07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
He really doesn't. As I explained in another post, Camby's preferred destination is Houston, except I don't think Houston wants him back or they just don't consider him a priority and Camby doesn't want to wait.

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
You're all really butthurt about this. Cambys place in history does not change with a ring. He doesn't need you, not for a huge discount.

Change in history? If he's the starter for the world champs and brings down 10 rpg I bet you that would do something to his legacy. And you really think he cares about what other people think? Its what he himself thinks.

TheMarkMadsen
07-08-2012, 03:01 PM
People not throwing integrity and competitiveness out the window to help Lebron get more rings = they don't care about winning.

Cool story, bro.

This.

The Knicks could be dangerous if they continue to add the right pieces.

One of their biggest problems was when Chandler would go to the bench, thats solved.

StateOfMind12
07-08-2012, 03:01 PM
The fact that Camby was willing to re-sign with the terrible Houston Rockets should show you how badly he wants the ring.

He just wants money and I'm assuming winning is the 2nd thing he wants but it wouldn't be too big of a deal to him if he doesn't. Knicks is the best of both worlds. The Knicks aren't as good as the Heat in terms of winning but they don't offer as little money as the Heat can and will offer. The Knicks can't offer and give Camby as much money as the Rockets can but they don't suck as bad as them either.

chips93
07-08-2012, 03:02 PM

he is, yes

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Cool story, bro.
People throwing away competitiveness and personal accomplishment for money = having integrity

You see, two can play this game.

Haymaker
Butthurt heat fans :roll:

SilkkTheShocker

Cool story, bro.

Its not about just Lebron. I don't know if you know this or not, but he isn't the only player on the Heat's roster. All those guys could have gotten more money but took pay-cuts to build a championship team. If Camby feels he is too good for that, than maybe he should play for the gatbage Knicks and gew swept in the 1st round.

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:05 PM
People throwing away competitiveness and personal accomplishment for money = having integrity

You see, two can play this game.

Except mine actually makes sense, but right on.

The guy wants to get paid what he's worth. That's a hit on his integrity on this forum. Again, brilliant.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:06 PM
This.

The Knicks could be dangerous if they continue to add the right pieces.

One of their biggest problems was when Chandler would go to the bench, thats solved.
the Knicks are making the right moves to maybe win two games in a 1st round series

MeLO MvP 15
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
People think that because Wade, LeBron and Bosh (and Allen) took cuts of a couple million, that every player will do so to play for the HEAT... um the difference between taking off $3-10 mil off a $120 mil contracts and taking a $8 mil pay cut ($1 mil vet min from Miami, 3 year $9 mil from NY) from the mini MLE is huge.

You're basically asking Camby to take 15% (in guaranteed money) of what he could get else where to ring chase....

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Its not about just Lebron. I don't know if you know this or not, but he isn't the only player on the Heat's roster. All those guys could have gotten more money but took pay-cuts to build a championship team. If Camby feels he is too good for that, than maybe he should play for the gatbage Knicks and gew swept in the 1st round.

lol, Lebron and Bosh did not take pay-cuts. At all. Wade is the only one who, in the first year of the deal took a less-than $1 million pay cut. This fiction needs to go away but it doesn't, no matter how many times people put empirical evidence in front of this place.

Just say it with me: you butt hurt. The Heat are the champions and that anyone in their right mind would spurn their advances just absolutely makes you angry. Just admit this and move on instead of getting yourself all worked up over Marcus f*cking Camby.

Not everybody is a worthless ring chaser.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:08 PM

The guy wants to get paid what he's worth. That's a hit on his integrity on this forum. Again, brilliant.

He is also willingly going to take a backseat to come off the bench for a much inferior team. Like StateOfMind said, the guy wants to re-sign with Houston. Maybe he belongs on the Knicks

MeLO MvP 15
07-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Also, I've said this many times.. fans on ISH:

Player takes less money= ring chasing pu$$y who can't win without help
Player who take the money= don't care about winning

It's lose-lose because of the low intelligence by many "fans."

The Choken One
He's worth more than what the Heat can offer. I don't see how this is a huge story...mad butthurt Miami fans apparently.

He's not a ring chaser...therefore he has no reason to go where he is incredibly undervalued.

Derka
He is also willingly going to take a backseat to come off the bench for a much inferior team. Like StateOfMind said, the guy wants to re-sign with Houston. Maybe he belongs on the Knicks

Be careful, dude. You're gonna puke on yourself if you get any more mad about this.

Umad101
07-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Ur just mad cuz u can't sign everybody

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:10 PM

He can get paid, there is nothing wrong with that. But don't make it about integrity or some BS like that. Wanting to reach the mountain top at the profession you've been in for 16 years doesn't show lack of integrity. Its shows heart and that you still motivated by the game of basketball and not money.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Camby Signing With Knicks Means He Doesnt Care About Winning
Maybe he cares about a competitive league and not jumping ship like older players do all the time.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:13 PM
lol, Lebron and Bosh did not take pay-cuts. At all. Wade is the only one who, in the first year of the deal took a less-than $1 million pay cut. This fiction needs to go away but it doesn't, no matter how many times people put empirical evidence in front of this place.

Just say it with me: you butt hurt. The Heat are the champions and that anyone in their right mind would spurn their advances just absolutely makes you angry. Just admit this and move on instead of getting yourself all worked up over Marcus f*cking Camby.

Not everybody is a worthless ring chaser.

Lebron and Bosh could have made around 30 million more re-signing in Toronto/Cleveland. And why would I be butt-hurt? Are you still that upset about Lebron wiping his ass with your franchise? Let it go.

AK47DR91
He had flashbacks of the 1999 Season when he saw how electrifying New York City was during Linsanity.

He wants that be part of a similar experience again.

P.S. It would have been nice if he ended his career in Boston, just 2 hours away from where he went to college and made a name for himself.

Derka
He can get paid, there is nothing wrong with that. But don't make it about integrity or some BS like that. Wanting to reach the mountain top at the profession you've been in for 16 years doesn't show lack of integrity. Its shows heart and that you still motivated by the game of basketball and not money.

You're assuming he doesn't want to reach the top of his profession...because he won't sign with the Heat for peanuts. Absolutely brilliant.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe he cares about a competitive league and not jumping ship like older players do all the time.

Is he going to help the Knicks actually play a competitive 1st round playoff series since 2001?

Blue&Orange
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe he doesn't like to take shortcuts?

Not everyone can be a pansy that only think about his "legacy"

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Lebron and Bosh could have made around 30 million more re-signing in Toronto/Cleveland. And why would I be butt-hurt? Are you still that upset about Lebron wiping his ass with your franchise? Let it go.

I have no reason to be mad about the ECF's. The Celtics weren't supposed to be there at all, if you'll recall. Hell, Lebron had to run to Wade in 2010 just to get past my franchise. Celtics have won more rings and been in more ECFs and Finals in my lifetime than Lebron has even seen. The last thing I am is mad.

Meanwhile, you've started a thread and expressly attempted to demean the intentions and integrity of...Marcus Camby. Only one of us needs to let something go, broski.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:18 PM

Or maybe he is justa money-hungry clown that is willing to pass on a championship to play for a dogshit franchise team/franchise

Meticode
Is he going to help the Knicks actually play a competitive 1st round playoff series since 2001?
You never know? PJ Brown pole vaulted the Celtics in their championship season to help them win it. Without his performance against the Cavaliers the Celtics lost that series.

It's the same aspect of him going to Miami, now one know's what the hell is going to work out. In any case he'll have the exact same roll on the Knicks as he would in Miami.

Nash
You're assuming he doesn't want to reach the top of his profession...because he won't sign with the Heat for peanuts. Absolutely brilliant.
Here we go. Miami gives him the biggest chance, thats what I'm talking about. I have no idea who will win it next season but if I had money to bet I'd do it on Miami.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that people are way too harsh on guys who join a good team. There is nothing wrong in wanting to become a champion and go through that journey. And if you're willing to take less money to do it then it actually means a great lot to you and people have no right in dissing a players like that.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Or maybe he is justa money-hungry clown that is willing to pass on a championship to play for a dogshit franchise team/franchise
Or maybe he prefers the fans in new York over the bandwagoners in Miami that don't get back to their seats until 12 minutes after the second half starts?

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I have no reason to be mad about the ECF's. The Celtics weren't supposed to be there at all, if you'll recall. Hell, Lebron had to run to Wade in 2010 just to get past my franchise. Celtics have won more rings and been in more ECFs and Finals in my lifetime than Lebron has even seen. The last thing I am is mad.

Meanwhile, you've started a thread and expressly attempted to demean the intentions and integrity of...Marcus Camby. Only one of us needs to let something go, broski.

Lebron is 13-12 against the Celtics in playoff games and 1-1 when it comes to rings. Don't be mad about Lebron ending the Big 3 to the point Allen jumped ship for peanuts :oldlol:

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Getting good teammates doesn't mean taking a shortcut. And if so, everyone takes a shortcut because no team wins a championship with bad players.

All Net
07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
It's surprising he isn't taking a pay cut considering he is 38 and has made so much already...

SilkkTheShocker
Or maybe he prefers the fans in new York over the bandwagoners in Miami that don't get back to their seats until 12 minutes after the second half starts?

No, he obviously prefers the money. Thats why he is probably going to a shitty team to be backup and lose in the 1st round.

MeLO MvP 15
Heat fans are just mad because the Knicks could get a back up center who is better than any center on their roster (Bosh is a PF).

I love what we're doing, Grunny has proven to be great. He's managed to add a lot of great talent despite the cap being tied up to the big three. Assuming we bring back JR and Novak, and add someone else (not necessarily Camby, maybe Mayo, Foye, or Lee) we'll be ready to compete for the 2nd- 3rd seed.

Also, it's more than just him wanting to win a ring just win a ring. He's got a great relationship with Grunwald (his GM or assistant GM in Toronto), Carmelo and the city of NY. AND he gets more money. Take off the homer glasses and realize it's just a better situation for Camby, not everything is just about you heat fans.

Blue&Orange
07-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Getting good teammates doesn't mean taking a shortcut. And if so, everyone takes a shortcut because no team wins a championship with bad players.
I'm sure you tell that every night to your Lebron blow doll, before you go to sleep...

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Lebron is 13-12 against the Celtics in playoff games and 1-1 when it comes to rings. Don't be mad about Lebron ending the Big 3 to the point Allen jumped ship for peanuts :oldlol:

lol, dude...only one of us is mad. I ain't mad at Ray. You're mad at Marcus Camby. Get real with yourself.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:23 PM
It's surprising he isn't taking a pay cut considering he is 38 and has made so much already...

This guys has alredy gotten big time paydays from NYC, Denver, and Portland. He obvsiously just doesn't care about winning. Why else would you sign with the Knicks? They aren't even close to contending for a title.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Heat fans are just mad because the Knicks could get a back up center who is better than any center on their roster (Bosh is a PF).

I love what we're doing, Grunny has proven to be great. He's managed to add a lot of great talent despite the cap being tied up to the big three. Assuming we bring back JR and Novak, and add someone else (not necessarily Camby, maybe Mayo, Foye, or Lee) we'll be ready to compete for the 2nd- 3rd seed.

Also, it's more than just him wanting to win a ring just win a ring. He's got a great relationship with Grunwald (his GM or assistant GM in Toronto), Carmelo and the city of NY. AND he gets more money. Take off the homer glasses and realize it's just a better situation for Camby, not everything is just about you heat fans.

Losing in the 1st round and backing up Chandler is a better situation? :oldlol:

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Here we go. Miami gives him the biggest chance, thats what I'm talking about. I have no idea who will win it next season but if I had money to bet I'd do it on Miami.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that people are way too harsh on guys who join a good team. There is nothing wrong in wanting to become a champion and go through that journey. And if you're willing to take less money to do it then it actually means a great lot to you and people have no right in dissing a players like that.

He clearly wants to take that journey...just not with the Heat. I applaud the guy for wanting to go make a team that's not good enough yet better.

PJR
07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Funny thing is, The only reason Camby isn't in Miami is because they no longer have the tax payers mid level at their disposal, due to Ray Allen. He would have clearly signed with Miami if Ray (Miami's number 1 target in free agency), didn't come to fruition.

A sign and trade could still be ironed out, though unlikely.

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm sure you tell that every night to your Lebron blow doll, before you go to sleep...
Lebron did something better, he managed to dominate the Miami Heat even when they had stars like Wade and Bosh... Did you for example know that Lebron was Miami's leader in points, assists, rebounds and steals? In a team with maffakin Wade and Bosh!!

Bro, this just backfired on you.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:27 PM
No, he obviously prefers the money. Thats why he is probably going to a shitty team to be backup and lose in the 1st round.
Good. The Miami Heat can go f*ck themselves.

Blue&Orange
07-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Nash,

hun?

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Lebron did something better, he managed to dominate the Miami Heat even when they had stars like Wade and Bosh... Did you for example know that Lebron was Miami's leader in points, assists, rebounds and steals? In a team with maffakin Wade and Bosh!!

Bro, this just backfired on you.
Like it was so f*cking hard to do when Wade and Bosh were injured?

Don't get me wrong. He led this team in the playoffs and did it convincingly. I still dislike the douche bag, but you act like Bosh and Wade were 100% the whole time in the playoffs. Wade was clearly off, he was off more than on because of the knee. He came into the playoffs limping. Then Bosh...like Bosh has a chance at FMVP or something with the name Wade and LeBron on the team?

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
He clearly wants to take that journey...just not with the Heat. I applaud the guy for wanting to go make a team that's not good enough yet better.

You seriously buy that theory? He doesn't want Miami because he wants to make Nets or Knicks better? Really? Wow..

He doesn't want Miami on free agency because of money, not because of the journey. Dude scheduled Miami as #1.

TMT
07-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Should have gone to SA where he would be most needed and where he could win.

NYK_Stan
07-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Losing in the 1st round and backing up Chandler is a better situation? :oldlol:
In this thread: Lebron homers bashing an improving team that lost a series against the eventual champions while about half the roster was injured. :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
You seriously buy that theory? He doesn't want Miami because he wants to make Nets or Knicks better? Really? Wow..

He doesn't want Miami on free agency because of money, not because of the journey. Dude scheduled Miami as #1.

Haha exactly. Camby doesn't give two shits about playing on a good team. The man is in it fo the money. Plain and simple. I would say I hope he doesn't win a ring. But I don't think I have to hope for that when he is going to the Knicks :oldlol:

PJR
07-08-2012, 03:34 PM

This. Dudes are hilarious man....Camby would've taken that 3 million from Miami in a heartbeat lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Should have gone to SA where he would be most needed and where he could win.

The Spurs are a regular season team dude. Might as well sign with the Knicks to get that cash.

Nash
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Like it was so f*cking hard to do when Wade and Bosh were injured?

Don't get me wrong. He led this team in the playoffs and did it convincingly. I still dislike the douche bag, but you act like Bosh and Wade were 100% the whole time in the playoffs. Wade was clearly off, he was off more than on because of the knee. He came into the playoffs limping. Then Bosh...like Bosh has a chance at FMVP or something with the name Wade and LeBron on the team?
So now Wade and Bosh are not good enough because Lebron dominated in every part of the game? And in other discussion when talking about Lebron's first ring people discredit it by pointing at Lebron's all star teammates.

Great, the hypocrisy is fantastic.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
In this thread: Lebron homers bashing an improving team that lost a series against the eventual champions while about half the roster was injured. :applause:

The Knicks suck. Gtfo with the injury excuses.

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:37 PM

I think its a combination of more money, him having a prior relationship with the Knicks and the Knicks valuing Camby and wanting to give up pieces to bring him back. The Knicks have obviously sold him on a role he can play with their team...same thing Miami obviously did to sell Ray. To go with it, Miami proved to him that he's not the guy they're most interested in.

You're naive if you think its just about the money.

Miami valued Ray Allen over a seven-footer who rebounds and defends well enough for a guy in the extreme twilight of his career.

AK47DR91
07-08-2012, 03:38 PM
The Spurs are a regular season team dude. Might as well sign with the Knicks to get that cash.
You can't call a team who won 4 championships with nearly the same core a regular season team.

We might as well call the Celtics and Lakers regular season teams as well since they haven't won it all in 2 years(for the Lakers) and 4 years(for Boston).

Regular season are what you'd call the mid-2000's Suns or the pre-2011 Mavs or LeBron's Cavs. Teams that couldn't get it done in the playoffs but were great in the regular season.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:40 PM
So now Wade and Bosh are not good enough because Lebron dominated in every part of the game? And in other discussion when talking about Lebron's first ring people discredit it by pointing at Lebron's all star teammates.

Great, the hypocrisy is fantastic.
There's no hypocrisy here because your information is from two different sources. If anything it's contradicting to each other to say the least because one person says that and I'm saying this

I fully agree in my opinion LeBron lead the Heat in the playoffs to a title, but it wasn't like it was hard not to lead them over the performances of Wade/Bosh. If he didn't lead them neither of those guys were going to be stepping up and they would've failed.

Derka
You can't call a team who won 4 championships with nearly the same core a regular season team.

We might as well call the Celtics and Lakers regular season teams as well since they haven't won it all in 2 years(for the Lakers) and 4 years(for Boston).

Regular season are what you'd call the mid-2000's Suns or the pre-2011 Mavs or LeBron's Cavs. Teams that couldn't get it done in the playoffs but were great in the regular season.

You can when your butt is hurting because an aging center wants to play somewhere else. :lol

SilkkTheShocker

I can call them a regular season team, becuase thats what they have been the last few seasons. They stopped being contenders when Duncan declined.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:42 PM
I can call them a regular season team, becuase thats what they have been the last few seasons. They stopped being contenders when Duncan declined.
What's a contender to you?

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:42 PM
You can when your butt is hurting because an aging center wants to play somewhere else. :lol

This guy is obsessed with the Heat ^^^

Derka
07-08-2012, 03:43 PM
This guy is obsessed with the Heat ^^^

lol, not even close. I do enjoy watching their bandwagoners try to justify their asinine positions though :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:43 PM
What's a contender to you?

Rockets or Knicks, obviosuly. Why else would Camby want to play for them?

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Rockets or Knicks, obviosuly. Why else would Camby want to play for them?
What is your definition of a contender? Stop dancing around the question.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:51 PM
What is your definition of a contender? Stop dancing around the question.

The only contenders in the NBA are Heat, Celtics, Lakers, and Thunder. Maybe Nets if they get Dwight, but im not sure whats going on with that situation.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
The only contenders in the NBA are Heat, Celtics, Lakers, and Thunder. Maybe Nets if they get Dwight, but im not sure whats going on with that situation.
So the Nets are contenders even though they haven't showed us shit of what they can do, but the Spurs aren't contenders who were 2 wins from the Finals? The Spurs had a greater percentage of closing their series out going up 2-0 versus the Celtics going up 3-2. Then you argued the fact the Spurs have played the same way the last 3 years, but so have the Celtics, but the Celtics still make it up to the contender list?

Okay that makes sense.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 03:59 PM
So the Nets are contenders even though they haven't showed us shit of what they can do, but the Spurs aren't contenders who were 2 wins from the Finals? The Spurs had a greater percentage of closing their series out going up 2-0 versus the Celtics going up 3-2. Then you argued the fact the Spurs have played the same way the last 3 years, but so have the Celtics.

Okay that makes sense.

I said Nets if they get Dwight. And no, the Spurs aren't contenders. They play nobody teams the 1st two rounds and than got backdoor swept by the Thunder. Miami would have swept the Spurs so fast it wouldn't have even been funny. You don't win titles with Tony Parker bring your best player. Maybe a series or two, but not your best overall player.

imdaman99
07-08-2012, 04:00 PM
camby had epic battles against the heat back in the day... actually i think he was only part of 1 or 2 of them series... maybe he still hates them. maybe he is not a bandwagoner like the rest of that team :confusedshrug:

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I said Nets if they get Dwight. And no, the Spurs aren't contenders. They play nobody teams the 1st two rounds and than got backdoor swept by the Thunder. Miami would have swept the Spurs so fast it wouldn't have even been funny. You don't win titles with Tony Parker bring your best player. Maybe a series or two, but not your best overall player.
Odd, Tony Parker won the 2007 FMVP... hmmmm...odd.

Haymaker
07-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Clippers a nobody team? Retard.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Odd, Tony Parker won the 2007 FMVP... hmmmm...odd.

Did you not read why I wrote? I said you could get away with Parker being your best player for a series or two. But you aren't winning a title with him being your best player. Would you say Parker was better than Duncan in 07? Or more important for the Spurs even?

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Did you not read why I wrote? I said you could get away with Parker being your best player for a series or two. But you aren't winning a title with him being your best player. Would you say Parker was better than Duncan in 07? Or more important for the Spurs even?
It was a bait, you took it. :oldlol:

In any case, I don't care. I don't want the Heat to win. F*ck the Heat, F*ck LeBron. They can hoist up their fake ass trophy all the way.

hawkfan
07-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Adding Kidd and Camby and keeping Lin and Smith.
They should go ahead and match Fields.

Great off-season for the Knicks. Definitely can make a claim for the 2nd spot in the East.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Clippers a nobody team? Retard.

They weren't exactly a juggernaut now, were they? All their bes players were injured. Quit being a homer. Your franchise had a nice run, but they need to rebuild.

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Lebron homers are butthurt because somebody didn't take a pay cut to help Lebron get a ring :oldlol:

Maybe Camby would rather contribute to a decent team and make them better rather than ring chase on the defending champions. And the extra cash doesn't hurt either.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Adding Kidd and Camby and keeping Lin and Smith.
They should go ahead and match Fields.
Great off-season for the Knicks. Definitely can make a claim for the 2nd spot in the East.

NO and no.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Six games away from the title last year, sweeping the first two rounds, and winning 10 straight in the postseason. Yep, that sounds like a regular season team to me. :rolleyes:

:sleeping

LamarOdom
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
in b4 massive hate :lol

Agree with the point of him winning but he hasn't made as much as other guys have so I understand wanting to get as much money as he can now because when he retires that's it

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=inbcrl&s=6

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Lebron homers are butthurt because somebody didn't take a pay cut to help Lebron get a ring :oldlol:

Maybe Camby would rather contribute to a decent team and make them better rather than ring chase on the defending champions. And the extra cash doesn't hurt either.

Its all about the cash. He doesn't care about winning.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Six games away from the title last year, sweeping the first two rounds, and winning 10 straight in the postseason. Yep, that sounds like a regular season team to me. :rolleyes:

:sleeping

You beat the Jazz, injury-riddled Clippers team, and got backdoor swept by OKC. Not to mention Ginobili an Duncan will be another year older. Not a contender.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:12 PM

God forbid a player doesn't want to join the dark side in order to be dragged along for a couple rings. :oldlol: at mad Heat fans.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:13 PM
You beat the Jazz, injury-riddled Clippers team, and got backdoor swept by OKC. Not to mention Ginobili an Duncan will be another year older. Not a contender.

Everyone has been saying that since 07. We've been old going on 6 years now :oldlol: . Yet two straight first round seeds, and a trip to the conference Finals when we were actually healthy in the postseason.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:14 PM
God forbid a player doesn't want to join the dark side in order to be dragged along for a couple rings. :oldlol: at mad Heat fans.

Aren't you the retard that picked the Heat to lose every series last season? :oldlol:

hawkfan
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
NO and no.

If the Pacers add no offense and the Sixers don't add anyone, they definitely can.

The Bulls without Rose are not the second best team. The Hawks have a roster in flux.

The only other team would be the Celtics, but let's see how well Garnett and Pierce hold up health-wise. They are getting old.

Meticode
Aren't you the retard that picked the Heat to lose every series last season? :oldlol:
1-2 games from that happening twice. Fine line between retard and profit. Yes I meant "profit" :oldlol:

Heavincent

So I guess you and Camby are pretty close, huh?

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 04:16 PM
:roll:

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Everyone has been saying that since 07. We've been old going on 6 years now :oldlol: . Yet two straight first round seeds, and a trip to the conference Finals when we were actually healthy in the postseason.

Duncan was aruguably the best player in the NBA in 07. Once Duncan declined the window for your team slammed shut.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Are you the kid who spews stuff out of his ass when he has nothing else relevant to bring to the table? Great way to avoid having basketball conversations you can't respond to, making shit up.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif Good job.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
So I guess you and Camby are pretty close, huh?

Yes.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Are you the kid who spews stuff out of his ass when he has nothing else relevant to bring to the table? Great way to avoid having basketball conversations you can't respond to, making shit up.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif Good job.

Can you read? I responded you already why your team isn't a contender. Do you want me to write in crayon for you, retard?

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Duncan was aruguably the best player in the NBA in 07. Once Duncan declined the window for your team slammed shut.

And despite that we have a handful of number 1 seeds, always 50+ wins, a couple trips to the conference finals, and incredible win streaks. That's not the door being shut, that's being in the picture knocking on the door year after year.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
And despite that we have a handful of number 1 seeds, always 50+ wins, a couple trips to the conference finals, and incredible win streaks. That's not the door being shut, that's being in the picture knocking on the door year after year.
He's going to argue you didn't make it to any Finals though. Technically if you're knocking on the door it is still shut is it not?

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Can you read? I responded you already why your team isn't a contender. Do you want me to write in crayon for you, retard?

:applause: Bravo, you are quite the intelligent conservationist. Please show us more of your great work.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:21 PM

Your team is done winning titles until they rebuild.

TMT
He's going to argue you didn't make it to any Finals thought.

What a troll this Silk kid is. :facepalm Ban this guy already, Jeff.

Meticode
Oh no, Silk is becoming upset. Throwing retard and insulting remarks out there. :lol

NOHCP3
07-08-2012, 04:22 PM

Damnnnn I stand corrected lol

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Your team is done winning titles until they rebuild.

I'm fine with competing for titles way past our greatest players' primes. We had our glory days and have 4 rings to show for it. Doing it the correct and classy way. Yet 5 years after our most recent title, and still with our "old guys" we are still right there year after year. I'll take that any day.

Lebron will be lucky to even come close to the accomplishments and success that Duncan has led this team to.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:23 PM
:applause: Bravo, you are quite the intelligent conservationist. Please show us more of your great work.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264771

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Its all about the cash. He doesn't care about taking the easy route by joining the team with the highest chance to win a title. He wants to compete, not sleepwalk to a ring.

Fixed.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264771

:eek: Why aren't you working for ESPN?

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm fine with competing for titles way past our greatest players' primes. We had our glory days and have 4 rings to show for it. Doing it the correct and classy way. Yet 5 years after our most recent title, and still with our "old guys" we are still right there year after year. I'll take that any day.

Lebron will be lucky to even come close to the accomplishments and success that Duncan has led this team to.

Congrats. You can re-live the glory days while the Heat win titles.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:26 PM
:eek: Why aren't you working for ESPN?

Because my predictions would make them look bad. They are always wrong.

itsGameTime
07-08-2012, 04:26 PM

The Heat can win as many titles as they want. Won't stop naysayers like me from labeling each one with asterisks due to biased officiating.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:27 PM

While the "GOAT" had to team up with another top player of this generation and also a borderline superstar in order to get his first ring after 8 seasons of utter failure, I can look back at the classiness and integrity of my franchise and say "Damn, we actually went out and got it done the right way. Not the cheap short-cutting that stars have to do nowadays in order to get over the hump."

You are truly a Heat bandwaggoner at the top of your class. Congratulations.

Derka
07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
While the "GOAT" had to team up with another top player of this generation and also a borderline superstar in order to get his first ring after 8 seasons of utter failure, I can look back at the classiness and integrity of my franchise and say "Damn, we actually went out and got it done the right way. Not the cheap short-cutting that stars have to do nowadays in order to get over the hump."

:applause: :applause:

That nucka flipping his wig over Marcus Camby spurning his adopted team. Everyone else laughin'

itsGameTime
07-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Ether (n) - the shit that makes your soul burn slow

:bowdown:

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM

A title is a title. Have fun watching the Heat win them for several more years.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:31 PM

http://www.wuala.com/en/api/preview/Danathar/Images%20for%20Mail/1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 04:32 PM

:applause:

If only Iceman still posted around here. GOAT Spurs poster from the "glory" days in 2006. Would chew this kid up in old fashioned style for that "Spurs suck" talk :bowdown:

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:34 PM

If only Iceman still posted around here. GOAT Spurs poster from the "glory" days in 2006. Would chew this kid up in old fashioned style for that "Spurs suck" talk :bowdown:
I thought I saw him posting like a week ago? I know one of his old threads got bumped, but I could've sworn I saw a post from him like a week ago.

BallsOut
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM

RIP SilkkTheShocker July 8, 2012 at approximately 1:27pm

Cause of death: bandwagoning

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
RIP SilkkTheShocker July 8, 2012 at approximately 1:27pm

Cause of death: bandwagoning
:lol

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 04:36 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2sbshmw.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Attacking me won't stop the Heat from winning titles :oldlol: Don't be mad your teams are good enough to beat them

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I thought I saw him posting like a week ago? I know one of his old threads got bumped, but I could've sworn I saw a post from him like a week ago.

Did he really? Wish he'd come out more often, this place could use some more intellect behind the keyboard.

There are far too many SilkktheShameless around here. Good god, what happened to poster integrity?

NuggetsFan

8 years of utter failure? Jesus Christ :oldlol: .. what does that say about other NBA players?

SilkkTheShocker

Isn't that what Lebron does to the Lakers everytime he plays them?

Derka
Attacking me won't stop the Heat from winning titles :oldlol: Don't be mad your teams are good enough to beat them

lol, bro...you started a thread to hate on Marcus Camby. Only one person in here is mad. Everyone else has more or less been clowning on you :D

Meticode
Typical reaction. "U MAD CUZ WE'RE BETTER" You can win all the titles you want. That team will never gather respect. Why? They don't deserve it. They think winning is everything, but it isn't. It's how you get it done.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Yeah, I remember him from the forum back in the day. Great poster.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:41 PM
lol, bro...you started a thread to hate on Marcus Camby. Only one person in here is mad. Everyone else has more or less been clowning on you :D

If clowing on me helps you forget the fact the Heat are going to dominate the league for several more years, than clown away. Still doesn't change the fact that they will continue to win, while posters here continue to make excuses.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:42 PM
If clowing on me helps you forget the fact the Heat are going to dominate the league for several more years, than clown away. Still doesn't change the fact that they will continue to win, while posters here continue to make excuses.
:biggums:

CelticBaller
Change in history? If he's the starter for the world champs and brings down 10 rpg I bet you that would do something to his legacy. And you really think he cares about what other people think? Its what he himself thinks.
and maybe he doesn't value ring as much as you guys do? :confusedshrug:

TMT
Typical reaction. "U MAD CUZ WE'RE BETTER" You can win all the titles you want. That team will never gather respect. Why? They don't deserve it. They think winning is everything, but it isn't. It's how you get it done.

This.

But the typical Heat bandwaggon response is what I respected from this kid. Can't say I'm surprised.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 04:43 PM

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:44 PM

You know what kind of people say this? Losers. :oldlol:

Derka
07-08-2012, 04:44 PM

:yaohappy:

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Easy for you to say when you're hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon :oldlol:

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM

Says the Heat bandwaggoner. :facepalm Just stop posting and save yourself the embarassment.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
This.

But the typical Heat bandwaggon response is what I respected from this kid. Can't say I'm surprised.

Hate all you want on me. At the end of the day it won't make you forget the fact your team has no chance of winning anything as long as this Heat team is around. And thats the truth. So while Heat continues to beat the piss out of your favorite teams, you guys can come to ISH and talk about asteriks and bandwagoners. Won't change the fact the Heat are here to stay for a long time.

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/rvkb69.jpg

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
OP

:lebronamazed:

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Odd, TMT just basically said it.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Hate all you want on me. At the end of the day it won't make you forget the fact your team has no chance of winning anything as long as this Heat team is around. And thats the truth. So while Heat continues to beat the piss out of your favorite teams, you guys can come to ISH and talk about asteriks and bandwagoners. Won't change the fact the Heat are here to stay for a long time.

*Lebron tears ACL*

Silk: I've been a Lakers fan my whole life!

:oldlol:

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 04:52 PM
It's funny how bandwagon hoppers always talk more shit than anybody. Then again, it's pretty easy to talk shit when you never have to put up with losing seasons.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:53 PM
While I agree with you, I cannot help to think that a 14 year old type this out. :lol

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/GIFs/Asian/39dc8d25.gif

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Says the Heat bandwaggoner. :facepalm Just stop posting and save yourself the embarassment.

Stop posting? Are you upset that im 100% correct the Spurs are a regular season team? If what I say upsets you, than maybe you should sign off and call it a night. But at the end of the day you are still mad about Miami winning the title. You were in every Heat thread talking them down. And now it pains you, absolutely pains you that they won it all and made you look like a drooling retard. So in order to project your anger, you take it out on my thread. Using my thread as an outlet for your anger still doesn't change the fact that the Heat will continue to win. Now let that sit in and settle. I will give a minute to compose yourself.

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
It's funny how bandwagon hoppers always talk more shit than anybody. Then again, it's pretty easy to talk shit when you never have to put up with losing seasons.

:roll: :applause:

So true. Fans are so much respectful when they stick with their teams through thick and thin. That's why I got mad respect for guys like Meticode on this board, as opposed to the Lebron23's who hopped right on the Miami Heat ship in the summer of 2010.

EDIT: spelling errors

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 04:56 PM

Says the "Nets fan" that talks more about Kobe than his own damn team :oldlol: Again, you are upset that the Heat will continue to make your favorite teams irrelevant. I would be upset myself.

Meticode
07-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Stop posting? Are you upset that im 100% correct the Spurs are a regular season team? If what I say upsets you, than maybe you should sign off and call it a night. But at the end of the day you are still mad about Miami winning the title. You were in every Heat thread talking them down. And now it pains you, absolutely pains you that they won it all and made you look like a drooling retard. So in order to project your anger, you take it out on my thread. Using my thread as an outlet for your anger still doesn't change the fact that the Heat will continue to win. Now let that sit in and settle. I will give a minute to compose yourself.
I know I'm mad. I don't want them winning titles. It's a bullshit way to win in-my-opinion. Sure they're the best team, but anyone can go sign up together to do this. Hell, why not in 3 years when their contracts are up or however long it is we can have Wade, Bosh and LeBron take a pay cut, then Chris Paul and Dwight Howard can sign for like $7 million. Then they can win all the titles they want.

Way to go kids! You earned it!

http://www.ibreak4bacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/obama-fist-bump.jpg

TMT
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM

If I was so mad I wouldn't have started a thread to make Heat championship avatars (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268630) for the forum and even bandwaggoners like you to enjoy.

Just because you started watching the NBA within the last couple years and only saw the Spurs at the end of the road (even though we continue to get #1 seeds and get to the CF) doesn't mean they are a regular season team. :oldlol: I feel bad that you couldn't grow up watching the actual modern day dynasties (like the Spurs and Lakers) like I did.

ClutchOver9000
07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
this thread is amusing.

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/66400_o.gif

Cool bedroom bro.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I know I'm mad. I don't want them winning titles. It's a bullshit way to win in-my-opinion. Sure they're the best team, but anyone can go sign up together to do this. Hell, why not in 3 years when their contracts are up or however long it is we can have Wade, Bosh and LeBron take a pay cut, then Chris Paul and Dwight Howard can sign for like $7 million. Then they can win all the titles they want.

Way to go kids! You earned it!

http://www.ibreak4bacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/obama-fist-bump.jpg

Things changed once the Big 3 in Boston happened. I know they were traded there, but thats when the floodgates opened. The Lakers getting Gasol for string didn't help either.

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Says the "Nets fan" that talks more about Kobe than his own damn team :oldlol: Again, you are upset that the Heat will continue to make your favorite teams irrelevant. I would be upset myself.

lol. I've been a Nets fan for over 10 years. Yes I'm a fan of Kobe's, but why would I lie about being a Nets fan?

As a Jets and Nets fan, I've probably seen my teams lose more than I've seen them win. But I know winning will always be much more satisfying for a diehard fan like myself than a blatant bandwagoner like you.

niko
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
lol. I've been a Nets fan for over 10 years. Yes I'm a fan of Kobe's, but why would I lie about being a Nets fan?

As a Jets and Nets fan, I've probably seen my teams lose more than I've seen them win. But I know winning will always be much more satisfying for a diehard fan like myself than a blatant bandwagoner like you.
Although it probably will never happen. :lol Sorry I had too....I'm a jerk.

TMT
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Things changed once the Big 3 in Boston happened. I know they were traded there, but thats when the floodgates opened. The Lakers getting Gasol for string didn't help either.

*like little kid blaming it on a sibling*

It was Boston's fault! It was the Lakers' fault!

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Lol at comparing the acquisition of Gasol or the big 3 to the Heat :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM
If I was so mad I wouldn't have started a thread to make Heat championship avatars (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268630) for the forum and even bandwaggoners like you to enjoy.

Just because you started watching the NBA within the last couple years and only saw the Spurs at the end of the road (even though we continue to get #1 seeds and get to the CF) doesn't mean they are a regular season team. :oldlol: I feel bad that you couldn't grow up watching the actual modern day dynasties (like the Spurs and Lakers) like I did.

I saw the Spurs win titles. And they won them with Duncan being the man. Not some borderline top 5 PG. Im far from a Spurs hater for the record. I have a lot of respect for what they did over the years. But they are done winning titles until they re-build and thats my honest opinion. They don't play defense like they used to and Duncan is far from the 2-way threat he used to be. It doesn't matter how much depth, you still need that superstar. And I don't believe the Spurs have one.

Heavincent
Although it probably will never happen. :lol Sorry I had too....I'm a jerk.

I've come to terms with that already :lol I just don't have it in me to be a bandwagoner.

MeLO MvP 15
OP is one of the main reasons we need negs back.

ClutchOver9000
07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I've come to terms with that already :lol I just don't have it in me to be a bandwagoner.

:applause: :cheers:

niko
07-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Not sure why OP posted, no one takes heat bandwagoners seriously.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:11 PM
*like little kid blaming it on a sibling*

It was Boston's fault! It was the Lakers' fault!

Not really blaming. A team should always be looking to better themselves. No one is blaming Boston or Lakers for what they did. But in order to beat those teams, you need good players. Should Lebron have demanded a trade like Kobe did to get his help in Cleveland? Should Bosh have stuck it out for a franchise that was more worried selling tickets than winning basketball games?

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Not sure why OP posted, no one takes heat bandwagoners seriously.

This thread has over 100 replies. Certain people obviosuly feel it necessary to respond.

TMT
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I saw the Spurs win titles. And they won them with Duncan being the man. Not some borderline top 5 PG. Im far from a Spurs hater for the record. I have a lot of respect for what they did over the years. But they are done winning titles until they re-build and thats my honest opinion. They don't play defense like they used to and Duncan is far from the 2-way threat he used to be. It doesn't matter how much depth, you still need that superstar. And I don't believe the Spurs have one.

The whole "regular season team" excuse is getting overused. Clearly that was proven wrong by 10 straight postseason wins and a trip to the conference finals this past year. Had we gotten to the Finals we would have given y'all a better run then OKC did. No one is saying Duncan is in his prime anymore, but look who's softening up and coming around saying you respect the Spurs when just a minute ago you were saying "Can't wait to see my team piss on everyone elses!" :oldlol: This is why no one likes you guys.

Nash
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Ok, so before this thread got fecked in the ass, the discussion was what it would mean for Camby if he signed for Miami. Forget about, Lebron and Wade and the rest of the things people tend to hate on and lets concentrate on Camby again.

Reasons why he would sign for Miami:
- Have the biggest chance of winning and finally going all the way.
- Will be the starting center and a reserve to nobody, big role waiting.
- Great city, nice weather.

Reasons to not sign for Miami:
- Not enough money.
- He has a good history with the city of New York.

Now what the hell are we talking about? Nobody said he won't win if he signs for NY or Brooklyn, all people are talking about is that he was obviously interested in joining Miami to win a championship from the beginning but when Ray Allen got the money, he bailed and wasn't interested in potentially winning a championship for that amount of money.

Thats the whole situation.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Real talk, I know Boston won't win for another 20 years but I'm good :pimp:

:cry:

StateOfMind12
07-08-2012, 05:17 PM
:oldlol: Seriously. I find it hilarious how the only time he pretty much never talks about the Nets.

He just talks about how he is a fan of them, yet he has pretty much never made a post talking about them. It's not like the Nets have no news going on either. They have had a lot of news going on with Dwight Howard, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, etc. and he has never even made a post talking about any of it.

He just contributes to Kobe-Lebron discussions because he is an insecure about the fact that LeBron is better than Kobe ever was and is on the verge of surpassing him in the all-time list.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:18 PM
The whole "regular season team" excuse is getting overused. Clearly that was proven wrong by 10 straight postseason wins and a trip to the conference finals this past year. Had we gotten to the Finals we would have given y'all a better run then OKC did. No one is saying Duncan is in his prime anymore, but look who's softening up and coming around saying you respect the Spurs when just a minute ago you were saying "Can't wait to see my team piss on everyone elses!" :oldlol: This is why no one likes you guys.

I have no problem with the Spurs teams that won titles. But the current Spurs aren't on that level. And you are either a huge homer or lying if you believe that yourself. Do you feel the 12 Spurs would have beaten the 99, 03, 05, or 07 teams? I don't see it. As for Miami and Spurs, the Heat would have swept San Antonio. They had no one to guard their wing players and Duncan is too slow to keep up with Bosh. It would have gotten ugly.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:20 PM
:oldlol: Seriously. I find it hilarious how the only time he pretty much never talks about the Nets.

He just talks about how he is a fan of them, yet he has pretty much never made a post talking about them. It's not like the Nets have no news going on either. They have had a lot of news going on with Dwight Howard, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, etc. and he has never even made a post talking about any of it.

He just contributes to Kobe-Lebron discussions because he is an insecure about the fact that LeBron is better than Kobe ever was and is on the verge of surpassing him in the all-time list.

Exactly. He reminds of another "nets fan" in tpols who just talks about Kobe also. :oldlol:

Nash
07-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Heavincent is a Nets fan? I had no idea. You from Jersey? If so, how do you feel about the team moving from New Jersey?

TMT
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I have no problem with the Spurs teams that won titles. But the current Spurs aren't on that level. And you are either a huge homer or lying if you believe that yourself. Do you feel the 12 Spurs would have beaten the 99, 03, 05, or 07 teams? I don't see it. As for Miami and Spurs, the Heat would have swept San Antonio. They had no one to guard their wing players and Duncan is too slow to keep up with Bosh. It would have gotten ugly.

12 Spurs were actually better than the 07 squad but not as good as the others. Definitely more offensively loaded then all those other teams. You acting like they weren't even close to the title is ridiculous. 6 games, kid, 6 games. That's not exactly far from the ultimate goal.

Second of all, you are giving Duncan no credit. He's still the Spurs best defensive player. Bosh would have had trouble guarding him. CB is the exact kind of player TD takes advantage of. Our underrated young guns in Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green could have kept up with your stars, it's not as lopsided as you make it out to be. Not saying they would have won but it would have been closer than you think. But of course you say sweep, classic bandwaggon fan prediction. :lol

The "old" Celtics took you to 7 games. A series against the Spurs would have gone 6 atleast with hca.

StateOfMind12
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Exactly. He reminds of another "nets fan" in tpols who just talks about Kobe also. :oldlol:
tpols might be a legit Nets fan, I don't know but I don't care that much because he is a pretty good poster and I like reading his posts. He isn't insecure about Kobe and Lebron though like Heavincent is.

chazzy
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Because my predictions would make them look bad. They are always wrong.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4181992&postcount=15

phoenix_bladen
07-08-2012, 05:24 PM
well camby played there before and they actually made it all the way to the finals and he was a big part of that

nothing wrong for wanting to come back to the franchise he loved playing for

and he also played with melo and jr before as well

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 05:24 PM
So lets see....who else joined the party backing up OP

Nash = a bandwagoner
Stateofmind = a bandwagoner

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM

I did post in those threads. It's not my fault you didn't see my posts.

I was a bigger and more devoted Nets fan when I had League Pass, but I don't have it any more so I don't catch as many games as I used to. I probably watched about 80% of Nets games between 2000 and 2008. But I'm still a Nets fan and never claimed that I wasn't. In fact, I'm probably gonna go to a few Nets games this year if ticket prices are somewhat reasonable.

Also, this is funny coming from the kid that hops from bandwagon to bandwagon. Bulls/Rose fan for most of the regular season, Thunder/Durant fan for the playoffs, and now you're a Lebron homer after the Finals. Give me a ****ing break :oldlol:

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4181992&postcount=15
bandwagoner piece of shit

And that was the year Boston made past prime Shaq look better than LeBron :yaohappy:

StateOfMind12
07-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Talking about Kobe in those threads don't count.

Also, this is funny coming from the kid that hops from bandwagon to bandwagon. Bulls/Rose fan for most of the regular season, Thunder/Durant fan for the playoffs, and now you're a Lebron homer after the Finals. Give me a ****ing break :oldlol:
I was never a Rose bandwagoner. Rose is not even a top 10 favorite player of mine, I just think he is a damn good player and gets underrated sometimes. I'm a Bulls fan because I'm from Chicago and I do talk about them plenty. I'm also a fan of Durant and Lebron. I'm not sure if you realized this yet, but it's not some requirement to like one of those two and hate the other.

Plus, I had listed LeBron as my favorite player before the Finals and I was cheering for Durant and the Thunder.

You on the other hand were rooting your life out against the Heat the entire 2012 post-season because you don't want to see LeBron ever get a ring and surpass Kobe. Too bad he is already on the verge of doing it and is already a better player than Kobe ever was.

lol at calling me kid, you probably can't even buy a pack of cigs yet.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:32 PM
12 Spurs were actually better than the 07 squad but not as good as the others. Definitely more offensively loaded then all those other teams. You acting like they weren't even close to the title is ridiculous. 6 games, kid, 6 games. That's not exactly far from the ultimate goal.

Second of all, you are giving Duncan no credit. He's still the Spurs best defensive player. Bosh would have had trouble guarding him. CB is the exact kind of player TD takes advantage of. Our underrated young guns in Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green could have kept up with your stars, it's not as lopsided as you make it out to be. Not saying they would have won but it would have been closer than you think. But of course you say sweep, classic bandwaggon fan prediction. :lol

The "old" Celtics took you to 7 games. A series against the Spurs would have gone 6 atleast with hca.

Duncan was noticeably tired during the WCF. And if Lebron torched Thabo, what would he have done to Kawhi and Green?

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Talking about Kobe in those threads don't count.

I was never a Rose bandwagoner. Rose is not even a top 10 favorite player of mine, I just think he is a damn good player and gets underrated sometimes. I'm a Bulls fan because I'm from Chicago and I do talk about them plenty. I'm also a fan of Durant and Lebron. I'm not sure if you realized this yet, but it's not some requirement to like one of those two and hate the other.

Plus, I had listed LeBron as my favorite player before the Finals and I was cheering for Durant and the Thunder.

You on the other hand were rooting your life out against the Heat because you don't want to see LeBron ever get a ring and surpass Kobe. Too bad he is already on the verge of doing it and is already a better player than Kobe ever was.

Funny how you ignored this part of my post:

I was a bigger and more devoted Nets fan when I had League Pass, but I don't have it any more so I don't catch as many games as I used to. I probably watched about 80% of Nets games between 2000 and 2008. But I'm still a Nets fan and never claimed that I wasn't. In fact, I'm probably gonna go to a few Nets games this year if ticket prices are somewhat reasonable.

You're the one that brought up Kobe, not me. Probably just another one of your shitty attempts at trolling.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM

StateOfMind himself stated he wasn't much of Rose fan in past threads.

StateOfMind12
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Funny how you ignored this part of my post:
I ignored it because there is nothing to address.

Heavincent is a Nets fan? I had no idea. You from Jersey? If so, how do you feel about the team moving from New Jersey?

This was a good question though for you. Feel free to answer this.

niko
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I love fans who act like players are like video game characters. Money matters. Where you live matters. Uprooting your kids matters. They have real lives.

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
This was a good question though for you. Feel free to answer this.

Didn't see it.

I am from NJ. I don't mind the move because it's not like they moved that far away.

Nash
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
I love fans who act like players are like video game characters. Money matters. Where you live matters. Uprooting your kids matters. They have real lives.
Money does matter, but after 16 years in the league you'd wonder, is a filthy rich man willing to take 1,5m less in order to compete(as a starter) for a championship? Not saying he has to or that its the right choice but its just what he has to do if he wants to be with Miami and get all of that.

Nash
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Didn't see it.

I am from NJ. I don't mind the move because it's not like they moved that far away.
But it was still New Jersey's team. Now its all of a sudden Brooklyn's team. I'd definitely not like it if my home team was moved to another city.

Legends66NBA7
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Money does matter, but after 16 years in the league you'd wonder, is a filthy rich man willing to take 1,5m less in order to compete(as a starter) for a championship?

Camby obviously didn't think so.

Also, there's no legacy he will have, even if I am going to believe he would average 10rpg with the Heat like you mentioned.

These guys have different desires in life. Not everyone strives for the same things, even if it is the ultimate goal.

Heavincent
07-08-2012, 05:54 PM
But it was still New Jersey's team. Now its all of a sudden Brooklyn's team. I'd definitely not like it if my home team was moved to another city.

The attendance was pretty shitty in NJ. The move to Brooklyn will provide excitement to the franchise. People will actually show up to games now. This is the most spotlight and excitement they have had since the days of Kidd, RJ, and VC. Plus I think they are a more attractive free agent destination now.

And it's not like they moved across the country. It's not remotely like the Sonics moving to OKC. Nets fans from the NJ days are still rooting for the Nets.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM
The team was originally NY's team

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/1428/full/5975.gif

DaSeba5
07-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't understand why everyone takes this guy serious. He doesn't represent Heat fans in any way. Judging by this 13 page thread, he's a master troll.

b1imtf
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
It's funny that people think he should take a paycut. Obviously he doesn't really care about a championship, so it is much better to get even more financial security. We've seen how some of these guys handle their money... AI, Toine...

ihoopallday
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't understand why everyone takes this guy serious. He doesn't represent Heat fans in any way. Judging by this 13 page thread, he's a master troll.

This.

Tenchi Ryu
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
This.
This is why I like you man.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

New York and Brooklyn are frontrunners in sign-and-trade talks to acquire Houston's Marcus Camby, league sources tell Y!

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

New York and Brooklyn are frontrunners in sign-and-trade talks to acquire Houston's Marcus Camby, league sources tell Y!

Let this loser sign with loser teams. He will fit in great with the Knicks.

Blue&Orange
07-08-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7pwRLhznA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuA-UAtOCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vTU4GMROwA

:lol :lol :lol

Worth it at least 5 banners :lol

DStebb716
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Cool story, bro.

Exactly. Players going to the Heat shows they don't care of being a PART of winning, they just want to be along for the ride. That's it. They are throwing pride out the window and going along for a ride so they can add some jewelry.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7pwRLhznA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuA-UAtOCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vTU4GMROwA

:lol :lol :lol

Worth it at least 5 banners :lol

Knicks = dogshit franchise

Bruce Lee was still doing movies last time they won a title

dgaras
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Knicks = dogshit franchise

Bruce Lee was still doing movies last time they won a title

and last time they beat miami in a series you were in diapers. i fail to see where youre going with this. :confusedshrug:

G-train
07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
He might be friends with Melo and hate Wade.
Or he might be broke.

MeLO MvP 15
07-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok, so before this thread got fecked in the ass, the discussion was what it would mean for Camby if he signed for Miami. Forget about, Lebron and Wade and the rest of the things people tend to hate on and lets concentrate on Camby again.

Reasons why he would sign for Miami:
- Have the biggest chance of winning and finally going all the way.
- Will be the starting center and a reserve to nobody, big role waiting.
- Great city, nice weather.

Reasons to sign with NY:
- MUCH MORE money (3 years $9.7 mil vs 1 year $1.5 mil).
- He has a good history with the city of New York and the fans.
- Very close with Carmelo.
- Has a good relationship with GM Glen Grunwald from their Toronto time.
- Extend his career by limiting his minutes (this one could be seen as a con though)
- Top 3-4 team in the East.

Now what the hell are we talking about? Nobody said he won't win if he signs for NY or Brooklyn, all people are talking about is that he was obviously interested in joining Miami to win a championship from the beginning but when Ray Allen got the money, he bailed and wasn't interested in potentially winning a championship for that amount of money.

Thats the whole situation.
Fixed. Personally I think it comes down to if he's okay with coming off the bench (although he'd probably still get 20-25 mpg).

Camby has many flaws (which I've pointed out- not a good a man defender, below average finisher and loves shooting jumpers), but at this price and for this role he's perfect.

EllisGW
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
no can win with you people... if goes to heat he is a ring chaser if goes to average team he does not care about winning.

NumberSix
07-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Scenario A) If player X joins my team, he's awesome.

Scenario B) If player X joins any other team, he's a fcking scumbag for one arbitrary reason or another.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I would love for Camby to be the Nets back-up center although I don't believe he will play for free.

niko
07-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I would love for Camby to be the Nets back-up center although I don't believe he will play for free.
Of course not. But he should play for free for Miami because they are so wonderful. :lol

ducktape
07-09-2012, 12:52 AM
camby is a goat

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Of course he won't play for free The man is willing to come off the bench for a garbage team just for more money. This fool would play for the Washington Generals if they gave him the full MLE

Trentknicks
07-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Of course he won't play for free The man is willing to come off the bench for a garbage team just for more money. This fool would play for the Washington Generals if they gave him the full MLE
You know there was a time when players actually wanted to beat the best, not join them. Seeing as though your a bandwagon b!tch. You wouldn't understand this.

WockaVodka
07-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Knicks can make some major noise this season if they stay healthy. I fail to see how Camby doesn't care about winning if he joins them.

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 02:28 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19856734.jpg

Don't be so mad girl.

Y2Gezee
07-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Knicks can make some major noise this season if they stay healthy. I fail to see how Camby doesn't care about winning if he joins them.

That is because you maybe 1 of the few people on the boards who thinks.

With health, the knicks have a legit roster to compete. The one question is jeremy lin.

Faberg
07-09-2012, 03:26 AM
All I see here is a butthurt Heat fan that's upset that Camby canceled the Heat meeting. :oldlol:
You got Ray Allen discounted. Have a coke and a smile.

ripthekik
07-09-2012, 03:35 AM
didn't read the thread, a seems like this is just a Heat fan throwing a tantrum :roll: :roll: :roll:
What a tool bag.

Some players do still have honor, and are willing to up just so they can beat the best. Others prefer to join their forces together because they are too weak :confusedshrug:

Props to Camby if he signs with the Knicks. He knows winning the ring with the Heat would mean nothing. In any year of the season, pair up nba's best player with another top 3 and an all star and you have a championship team. Lebron won this year.. but his ring doesn't mean shiit.

Kiddlovesnets
07-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Well whoever joins the Knicks sure doesnt care about winning. You have to admit money is a big part of our daily life though, thats what NYK can offer.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 07:46 AM

2nd round of the playoffs? :oldlol:

AceManIII
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/hungry_angry.gif

:no:

Boomerang
07-09-2012, 08:12 AM
this fool is not worthy of joining the KING.
Agree with this post.. he is a greedy bastard.. he had the chance to win a championship yet he goes to ny.. NY who we will never see in may

2LeTTeRS
07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
The Knicks have at worse the 7th or 8th best chance to win a title this year, and Camby has a chance to play with 2 old teammates from the Nuggets days (Melo and J.R.) that he presumably enjoyed playing with and a chance to return to the mecca of basketball.

Not sure why you would question his motives for winning if he goes there, its not like he joined the Wizards.

niko
07-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Unless you know Camby's financial and/or family situation, criticizing him for choosing another team for more money/location, etc. is foolish. You sound like little kids. HE SUCKS! HE DOESN't CARE!

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 09:09 AM
The Knicks have at worse the 7th or 8th best chance to win a title this year, and Camby has a chance to play with 2 old teammates from the Nuggets days (Melo and J.R.) that he presumably enjoyed playing with and a chance to return to the mecca of basketball.

Not sure why you would question his motives for winning if he goes there, its not like he joined the Wizards.

If he is going to the Knicks, than the main reason would be money. Marcus doesn't care about winning. Like I said, its a match made in Heaven.

coin24
07-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Not everyone wants to play with the super best friends in south beach:oldlol:

Plus not everyone is obsessed with winning a meaningless ring at the end of there careers. As others have said, double the $$, gets to play in NY again, teaming up with Melo and JR again.. Im sure he'll make the right decision for himself...

Ray is a piece of shit for signing with Miami, Camby is a piece of shit for NOT signing with Miami...:applause: Well done retards:applause:

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Lol the Knicks aren't a contender though. 2nd round exit at best. Why are people so mad about that? Do people really think they can win a title..even when healthy? :oldlol:

bluechox2
07-09-2012, 09:19 AM
now we have 3 positions and a half that play defense

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Lol the Knicks aren't a contender though. 2nd round exit at best. Why are people so mad about that? Do people really think they can win a title..even when healthy? :oldlol:

New York fans tend to be the most delusional when it comes to their team.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Mecca of Retards

bluechox2
07-09-2012, 09:26 AM
we will have 5 guys that play defense

thats like a record for us in this era

2LeTTeRS
07-09-2012, 09:49 AM
If he is going to the Knicks, than the main reason would be money. Marcus doesn't care about winning. Like I said, its a match made in Heaven.

You are not very smart are you?

niko
07-09-2012, 09:57 AM
How old are you that you think Money should not be a concern?

Optimus Prime
07-09-2012, 10:03 AM

Someone mad about ... Marcus Camby??? :wtf:

Heat fan I am guessing??? :kobe:

LakersPwnCavs
07-09-2012, 10:09 AM
How old you think Sillktheshocker is?? like seriously? This nig ga is so butt hurt its actually funny lmao

#1 Knicks even though they may not be favorites to win they can definitively contend. First time they will have a full training camp together and with the likes of veteran leadership like J. Kidd & Camby would help tremendously. As well as Lin's continued development.

#2 They have enough talent they just need to work on the chemistry.

#3 This f@g0t just got Ray Allen on his team and is complaining why Camby doesnt want to go there LMAOOOO So let me guess EVERYONE should join the heat for pennies.. You are seriously ridiculous lmao

#4 NYC motha****a!!! suck on these big apple nuts rite here you homo

#5 Dont be mad cuz we got more pappperr then u nigggaaaaa

#6 When did you become a heat fan?? Do you even live in Miami u c0c.k sucking ***0.t ...

#7 So if a player joins a team that actually can be considered somewhat of a darkhorse and help them win while actually making some good $$ doesnt care about winning?? AAHAHAHHA

WHY DO YOU THINK JORDAN, MAGIC, BIRD AND ALL THE GREATS CRITICIZED THEM FOR TEAMING UP??? AND THEY SAID THEY NEVER WOULD!! FOR THEM TAKING THE BI*T.CH WAY OUT U CLOWN! NOW U WANT CAMBY TO TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT AS WELL AND PLAY FOR PEANUTS

LASTLY.... U TALK ABOUT KNICKS BEING A SORRY FRANCHISE MEANWHILE THE MIAMI HEAT FRANCHISE FINALLY TIED US NOW THAT THEY WON THEIR 2ND RING..

Miami cHeat... THE GAMESHARK OF BASKETBALL LMAO

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Camby is everything that is wrong with the NBA right now. This selfish POS is going to turn down being a champion in order for more money. No wonder the NBA has the rep of our players being a bunch of greedy ass players. Camby is just feeding this image. No heart at all.

Asiantastic
07-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I see it the other way. He obviously cares about winning, but he isn't willing to stoop low enough to join an already stacked team and potentially ruin his image. Players are beginning to notice that lots of players who join the Heat gain a bad rep.

And we can't call him greedy for money if the signing details haven't been released yet. He might be signed for the vets min (unlikely, but still might) for all we know.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
I see it the other way. He obviously cares about winning, but he isn't willing to stoop low enough to join an already stacked team and potentially ruin his image. Players are beginning to notice that lots of players who join the Heat gain a bad rep.

And we can't call him greedy for money if the signing details haven't been released yet. He might be signed for the vets min (unlikely, but still might) for all we know.

How does Camby "obviously" care about winning? The guy is about to sign to the Knicks :oldlol: He would also be taking a bench role. His other top choice is to play for the Rockets who are rebuilding. Like I said, he doesn't give two shits about winning. I don't know if I want this loser on the Heat anymore

LakersPwnCavs
07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
STFU U TROLL... ALL YOU DOING IS HATING! U MAD THAT STEVE NASH DIDNT COME TO THE HEAT? HOW ABOUT KG??? SHIIIIT YA SHOULD GOT PAUL PIERCE TOO AND CALLED IT THE BIG 6

SOON ENOUGH THESE FA..G WILL HAVE A TEAM OF ALLSTARS SO LEBRON CAN SIT ON THE BENCH WHILE THEY WIN THE RING FOR HIM LMAOOO

btw the cHeat had less banners then the KNICKS up until this off season so plz stfuuu cuz u dont know sh.it

Optimus Prime
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Heat fan confirmed. Getting all mad over a 38 year old roleplayer ... :facepalm :kobe:

2LeTTeRS
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
This thread is basically 17 pages of a guy trolling the board saying the same thing over and over and the mods do nothing? Makes perfect sense.