PDA

View Full Version : Nets working on sending Humphries to Cavs to get Dwight

Nash
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Nets mean business..

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

One possible destination for Humphries is Cleveland, who would get the forward in a sign-and-trade arrangement, source says.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Progress with Cleveland as third team first mentioned by @TommyDeeTKB. Deal far from agreed to, but progress being made, source says.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Poor Tristan :(

D-Rose
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Cavs are going to make out with multiple first rounders, me thinks.

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
If the Cavs do it we all know they did it out of spite towards the Heat :lol

StateOfMind12
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
If the Cavs do it we all know they did it out of spite towards the Heat :lol
:oldlol:

Sounds accurate. I would probably root against the Nets as bad as most people root against the Heat if they do somehow acquire Howard in this.

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Lets go Dan, help us win a championship and help us stop LeBron from winning more :bowdown:

lilgodfather1
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM
The Cavs better be getting a lot of picks for that. Humphries is too good to be on their team right now. Orlando unprotected 2013 maybe?

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Yea i think the Lakers are out of it then. Magic need the Lakers moreso the Lakers needing the Magic.

But if this happens, Dwight will probably end up in Brooklyn. He'll be disappointed next season though

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:54 PM
BOOM!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Without an extension with Lakers, Andrew Bynum has a short list of teams he will consider in 2013 free agency, league sources tell Y!

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Lets go Dan, help us win a championship and help us stop LeBron from winning more :bowdown:
Amen. Its a little shocking that a team for hump just came out now. People everywhere are underrating him.

talkingconch

Bynum has shown no inclination to agree to an immediate extension if sent to Orlando as part of a Dwight Howard package, sources tell Y!

Without an extension with Lakers, Andrew Bynum has a short list of teams he will consider in 2013 free agency, league sources tell Y

NoGunzJustSkillz
BOOM!
risky business for this kid. with that said, lakers better extend him now. besides that, who will have enough money to throw at him next year?

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Bynum has shown no inclination to agree to an immediate extension if sent to Orlando as part of a Dwight Howard package, sources tell Y!

Without an extension with Lakers, Andrew Bynum has a short list of teams he will consider in 2013 free agency, league sources tell Y
Thread worthy

swag2011
07-08-2012, 05:56 PM
oh hell naw, Mitch get to work on extending bynum. As a Laker fan, i wouldn't mind Dwight or Bynum, but shit, if Dwight don't wanna be here, then fxck em. Only thing that seperates him and Bynum for me is Defense, which is what we need but let him go to BK.

SO mitch, extend Bynum, trade Pau for a bench, let's go get number 17

NOHCP3
07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Just want this to be over :lol

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
As usual makes no sense. :lol

What do the Cavs get out of this deal? If they wanted Humphries they could just sign him. They have no bad contracts either. The Magic want all the Nets draft picks in a deal anyway, so they cannot send more picks to the Cavs. If Humphries is not in the deal the salaries with Howard won

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Dallas and Cleveland are among teams with cap space that would interest Bynum in 2013 as a free agent, sources tell Y!

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM

Dallas and Cleveland are among teams with cap space that would interest Bynum in 2013 as a free agent, sources tell Y!
:roll:

I guess they dont have banks in Orlando :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz

lakers gotta get him locked up. no-trade clause in his contract? bynum for dirk :D

General
I now fear for the Lakers future after Kobe retires with Bynum being the 1st option:facepalm

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:00 PM

I guess they dont have banks in Orlando :oldlol:

lakers gotta get him locked up. no-trade clause in his contract? bynum for dirk :D

Don't believe it. He listed Dallas and Cavs. Dallas is going nowhere, Cavs however a good future with Kyrie. I thought Bynum wants to be ''the man'' though? Orlando isnt a good place for him to be ''the man''?

Just B.S.

I trust Lakers FO though. For now, I have no hope really to get Dwight Howard, unless theres another rumor that pops up. Time to focus on bench acquisitions

General
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Don't believe it. He listed Dallas and Cavs. Dallas is going nowhere, Cavs however a good future with Kyrie. I thought Bynum wants to be ''the man'' though? Orlando isnt a good place for him to be ''the man''?

Just B.S.

I trust Lakers FO though. For now, I have no hope really to get Dwight Howard, unless theres another rumor that pops up. Time to focus on bench acquisitions

What do you mean?

All Bynum does it tell Orlando that he might Usain Bolt after next season, which kills any trade dead. Howard isnt the only one, who can play that game.:D

Derka
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Hmm...Bynum on the Cavs would be something to watch, especially if the Cavs land Hump and multiple draft picks in this deal.

niko
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]As usual makes no sense. :lol

What do the Cavs get out of this deal? If they wanted Humphries they could just sign him. They have no bad contracts either. The Magic want all the Nets draft picks in a deal anyway, so they cannot send more picks to the Cavs. If Humphries is not in the deal the salaries with Howard won

talkingconch

If Magic and Lakers want to do a deal, each may need to call the bluff on Howard and Bynum stated unwillingness to accept extensions.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Hmm...Bynum on the Cavs would be something to watch, especially if the Cavs land Hump and multiple draft picks in this deal.
3 team deal to send Bynum to Cle now?

Derka
07-08-2012, 06:09 PM
3 team deal to send Bynum to Cle now?

If Bynum should go to free agency, I mean. Lakers trade or extend him before that most likely, but still...interesting club they'd have.

All Net
07-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Pointless

If cavs want hump they can sign him outright

PickernRoller
07-08-2012, 06:15 PM
More speculation than anything and I see a few divas already overreacting. Lakers will always be there and will always acquire big time players in case some ******* crack. It has been that way throughout history and Mitch has proven again and again he's a competent GM. Not loosing my sleep over Bynum gossip...we got 2 rings without him doing squat - worst investment by JB since Kwame Brown.....Jason Kidd for sure was a better proposition back then.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 06:17 PM

The Lakers are far more confident Howard would have reasons to re-sign with them, than Magic have that Bynum would in a rebuild in Orlando.
Then the lakers are stupid if they did not get the memo that Howard will only play in Brooklyn.

talkingconch
Then the lakers are stupid if they did not get the memo that Howard will only play in Brooklyn.

oh sure, lakers are stupid. Nets aren't i suppose for grabbing Gerald Wallace at the deadline and Joe Johnson's 1bill contract

UConnCeltics

The Lakers are far more confident Howard would have reasons to re-sign with them, than Magic have that Bynum would in a rebuild in Orlando.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

Wish I could get paid for these no shit sherlock tweets.

NoGunzJustSkillz
Impossible if the Lakers acquired him.

All Net
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
The more this carries in the more I see magic just letting him walk...

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Imagine a Lakers/Nets Finals after all this drama.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

CelticBaller
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Pointless

If cavs want hump they can sign him outright
won't they go over their cap? don't the nets have bird right with Kris?

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
oh sure, lakers are stupid. Nets aren't i suppose for grabbing Gerald Wallace at the deadline and Joe Johnson's 1bill contract
Acquiring Joe was a very, very huge reason that deron re-signed. Plus, obtaining Joe did not hinder pursuing Howard whatsoever. Mikhail prokhorov made alittle under 28 million dollars this week. The Nets can go over the hard cap since they reserved half their MLE and Prok won't care. NO harm done whatsoever acquiring Joe except making us better.

Orlando does not want brook Lopez. The only reason the nets are in the mix is due to Howard saying that he will only play in Brooklyn. Rob has no choice but to trade him there.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Where does Cleveland come into all of this? Isn't Humpries a free agent?

niko
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Nets expectation is cavs send them first round pick. Someone explain this.

amfirst
07-08-2012, 06:33 PM
IF Bynum refused to sign with Magics then what makes u think he would even consider Mavs or Cleveland. lol

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:34 PM
IF Bynum refused to sign with Magics then what makes u think he would even consider Mavs or Cleveland. lol
Thats why Im calling his Bluff. It's stupid.

Somethings brewing

chips93
07-08-2012, 06:36 PM
i was doing such a good job, of not getting roped into all this howard bullshit, and now the cavs have to get pulled into this nonsense :banghead:

if we get bynum though

:bowdown:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7532676&postcount=17

i guess cleveland is closer to his family in NJ, and playing with irving is more appealing than playing with the scrubs in orlando? doesnt wanna follow shaq and dwight as the magic's center? :confusedshrug:

lilgodfather1
Someone is giving the Cavs a pick, or giving them a young player in his trade. If the Cavs wanted hump they could just sign him without giving up assets.

R.I.P.

You think the Magic will have a better roster than the Cavs or Mavs? :lol

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
That would give nets 4 picks to send to Orlando. Thus pushing rob into saying yes.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Woj just said Bynum has Cleveland and Dallas on his shortlist of 2013 destinations. And both those organizations are better than the Magic organization. Play with Dirk and Cuban in Dallas where they have a shit load of cap space in 2013 and now :oldlol:, with a potential star in Irving and other studs, or in Orlando. Where they have nothing.

niko
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Someone is giving the Cavs a pick, or giving them a young player in his trade. If the Cavs wanted hump they could just sign him without giving up assets.
Look, I get it. But thats what is being written.

SilkkTheShocker
Cleveland must be giving them the Heat picks or the Sacramento one. Can't see them trading their own.

niko
That would give nets 4 picks to send to Orlando. Thus pushing rob into saying yes.
Why do cavs give you pick ? They can sign hump outright. They don't need s and tr.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
You think the Magic will have a better roster than the Cavs or Mavs? :lol
Putting Bynum on the cave equals a top 3 east seed next year and alongside a great pg. None of that can be said for Orlando.

AMISTILLILL
07-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Why do cavs give you pick ? They can sign hump outright. They don't need s and tr.
For what Humphries is likely to ask for it would put Cleveland over the cap. A sign-and-trade would allow them to go over the cap.

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 06:40 PM
These reporters just make shit up as they go along. Cavs probably expressed intrerest in signing Humphries outright and it is immediately spun into a Howard 3-way trade story with no rhyme or reason behind it. :facepalm

outbreak
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Your right but thats what's being rumoured

outbreak
07-08-2012, 06:43 PM
These reporters just make shit up as they go along. Cavs probably expressed intrerest in signing Humphries outright and it is immediately spun into a Howard 3-way trade story with no rhyme or reason behind it. :facepalm
More likely nets called them about a s/t and orlando leaked its for picks to drive howards price

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
after trading away Ryan Anderson why would the Magic need Lopez for near Max is mind blowing to me....

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Acquiring Joe was a very, very huge reason that deron re-signed. Plus, obtaining Joe did not hinder pursuing Howard whatsoever. Mikhail prokhorov made alittle under 28 million dollars this week. The Nets can go over the hard cap since they reserved half their MLE and Prok won't care. NO harm done whatsoever acquiring Joe except making us better.

Orlando does not want brook Lopez. The only reason the nets are in the mix is due to Howard saying that he will only play in Brooklyn. Rob has no choice but to trade him there.

If Howard gets traded anywhere but Brooklyn this season/offseason, he will not be able to sign with the Nets.

Its not up to Dwight when you have teams like the Rockets and apparently Hawks willing to give up assets for a rental. Magic could just send him to the idiotic Rockets and receive a slew of first round picks, which would be in their best interest.

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 06:46 PM
For what Humphries is likely to ask for it would put Cleveland over the cap. A sign-and-trade would allow them to go over the cap.

How much are they up for? On ********* salaries they are on the books for $47M with 12 players, almost a full roster. Can

outbreak
07-08-2012, 06:46 PM
after trading away Ryan Anderson why would the Magic need Lopez for near Max is mind blowing to me....
They could flip him at the end of the season, hes bad enough that we can still tank efficently with him

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
PG Irving
SG Waiter
SF 2013 Pick or Free Agent
PF TT/Humpries
C Bynum

All speculation, but that would be a nice squad.

PG Deron Williams
SG Joe Johnson
SF Gerald Wallace
PF Mirza Teletovic
C Dwight Howard

And this Nets team would definitely make things more competitive in the East. That lineup is very balanced. 2 guys tha can handle the ball, 3 capable shooters, capable slashers, DPOY center.... Billy King coudl be GM of the year :applause:

GOBB
07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
:oldlol: @Cavs give BK a first rd pick. Oh please, I'm sorry but Cavs arent missing out of a franchise player by not being able to sign Hump outright. Why are they entertaining him anyway? No confidence in the 4th overall pick?

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
PG Irving
SG Waiter
SF 2013 Pick or Free Agent
PF TT/Humpries
C Bynum

All speculation, but that would be a nice squad.

PG Deron Williams
SG Joe Johnson
SF Gerald Wallace
PF Mirza Teletovic
C Dwight Howard

And this Nets team would definitely make things more competitive in the East. That lineup is very balanced. 2 guys tha can handle the ball, 3 capable shooters, capable slashers, DPOY center.... Billy King coudl be GM of the year :applause:

Brilliant plan. Cavs get Bynum and Humphries. Nets get Howard. Lakers and Magic get nothing.

Rekindled
http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?39729-Three-Way-Trade-Rumor-%28Nets-Dwight-Magic-Cavs-Humphries-%29/page22

most cavs fans arent even happy if they are getting a pick to take on humphries.

they will go decapitate Chris Grant if cavs send a pick to take on humphries lol

It's A VC3!!!
If Howard gets traded anywhere but Brooklyn this season/offseason, he will not be able to sign with the Nets.

Its not up to Dwight when you have teams like the Rockets and apparently Hawks willing to give up assets for a rental. Magic could just send him to the idiotic Rockets and receive a slew of first round picks, which would be in their best interest.

That's the primary reason this process has been this long. Rob could have traded Howard to la or Houston any second of the day except he is tryin to get the best package from the nets so he can send Dwight there. Because that's where Dwight wants to be.

AMISTILLILL
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]How much are they up for? On ********* salaries they are on the books for $47M with 12 players, almost a full roster. Can

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
They could flip him at the end of the season, hes bad enough that we can still tank efficently with him

nobody ...i mean nobody is going to take 4yrs @Near Max money Lopez will make....

Blue&Orange
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Interesting... I can see Bynum wanting a emerging team like the Cavs over a dismantled Magic squad.

Can't think of nothing funnier than the Cavs cockblocking Lebron in the east.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Brilliant plan. Cavs get Bynum and Humphries. Nets get Howard. Lakers and Magic get nothing.

Apparently Bynum isn't sold on extending in Orlando. And with their current roster, I can't blame him.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
so lemme get this straight.

lopez will resign KNOWING hes going to get shipped to orlando, so hell demand max. Cleveland sign-and-trades for humphries for picks?

so orlando ends up with lopez + picks, how many picks exactly. Is this deal seriously better than building around Bynum?

and wut the shit does Cleveland want with Humphries?

nobody ...i mean nobody is going to take 4yrs @Near Max money Lopez will make....
****ing this

inb4lakersmake3teamtrade

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Humphries made $8 million last season and has improved considerably. Anything over $8 million puts Cleveland close to/over the cap next season. I still wouldn't be surprised to see them deal Varejao elsewhere.

Because the Nets overpaid him so he signs a one year deal.

He put up numbers on a very bad team. If the Cavs pay him $8M they only making things worse.

SilkkTheShocker
Humphries made $8 million last season and has improved considerably. Anything over $8 million puts Cleveland close to/over the cap next season. I still wouldn't be surprised to see them deal Varejao elsewhere.

Really? Wtf is Cleveland spending their money on? I thought they got rid of their bad contracts.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
atleast things are moving and this sh1t will go down and we Lakers would not be hold hostages by waiting on this dumb fcuk Howard

AMISTILLILL
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM

He put up numbers on a very bad team. If the Cavs pay him $8M they only making things worse.
You're preaching to the choir, bro. I'm not saying it's something I'd do or something they should do, but Cleveland isn't exactly known for their wise off season moves.

Rekindled
07-08-2012, 06:55 PM

why would they pay him at all, they just drafted a PF with the 4th pick last year :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

chazzy
07-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you including Baron Davis' contract into their cap number? They should be well below

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2012, 06:56 PM
why would they pay him at all, they just drafted a PF with the 4th pick last year :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

This. They are definitely getting something nice out of this.

AMISTILLILL
07-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Are you including Baron Davis' contract into their cap number? They should be well below
You're right.

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 06:57 PM

lopez will resign KNOWING hes going to get shipped to orlando, so hell demand max. Cleveland sign-and-trades for humphries for picks?

so orlando ends up with lopez + picks, how many picks exactly. Is this deal seriously better than building around Bynum?

****ing this

inb4lakersmake3teamtrade

That

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 06:59 PM
:oldlol: @Cavs give BK a first rd pick. Oh please, I'm sorry but Cavs arent missing out of a franchise player by not being able to sign Hump outright. Why are they entertaining him anyway? No confidence in the 4th overall pick?

Exactly. Wtf is that? You continue to suck and grow your homegrown talent while picking up another lottery pick next year and staying under the cap. I know Gilbert is incompetent, but no way he is so obsessed with ****ing over Lebron that he jeopardizes the team he resides over.

Why in God's name would the Cavs send the Nets a first round pick for a player they could, if they even wanted to, sign outright?

Are you guys saying Gilbert does this just because a journalist tweeted that the Cavs have the cap space to get Bynum? :oldlol: All the guy was doing was speculating teams that could sign him. Talking aloud on the Internet. Now suddenly Bynum is going to be a Cav? :facepalm

This Dwight thing is more annoying than quizzes given out on Fridays in college.

chazzy
07-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Can someone explain why the Nets need to trade Humphries to help the Dwight trade go through? The Cavs aren't giving up a pick for him

Zedja
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
http://prntscr.com/bs7dk

fpliii
Could this actually happen?

I really would've liked to see him go to LA, but I guess this will make the Nets interesting.

1~Gibson~1
Can someone explain why the Nets need to trade Humphries to help the Dwight trade go through? The Cavs aren't giving up a pick for him
maybe to match salaries. dont feel like looking it up, just a guess.

flipogb
07-08-2012, 07:07 PM

As @KBergCBS reports, Cleveland's legit 3rd-team scenario for Kris Humphries. Cavs want draft pick sweetener to take him on, sources tell Y!

so the rumor is legit, and the Cavs are not giving picks, they would like to be given some

chips93
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Exactly. Wtf is that? You continue to suck and grow your homegrown talent while picking up another lottery pick next year and staying under the cap. I know Gilbert is incompetent, but no way he is so obsessed with ****ing over Lebron that he jeopardizes the team he resides over.

Why in God's name would the Cavs send the Nets a first round pick for a player they could, if they even wanted to, sign outright?

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/222103586266550273

As @KBergCBS reports, Cleveland's legit 3rd-team scenario for Kris Humphries. Cavs want draft pick sweetener to take him on, sources tell Y!

Are you guys saying Gilbert does this just because a journalist tweeted that the Cavs have the cap space to get Bynum? :oldlol: All the guy was doing was speculating teams that could sign him. Talking aloud on the Internet. Now suddenly Bynum is going to be a Cav? :facepalm

well theres more to it than that, he was reporting, that bynum would be interested in playing for the cavs, not just throwing out destinations without merit

1~Gibson~1
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]That

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 07:10 PM
so the rumor is legit, and the Cavs are not giving picks, they would like to be given some

LOL. Think about it. The Cavs want Humphries and a 1st round pick. So how does this change the situation between the Magic/Nets positively for the Nets regarding Howard? All they

lilgodfather1
07-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes the Cavs want a draft pick. That much was obvious from the tip of this rumour.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2012, 07:11 PM
How about a 3 team deal between Cavs/Magic/Lakers.Cavs get Bynum :D

lilgodfather1
07-08-2012, 07:12 PM
How about a 3 team deal between Cavs/Magic/Lakers.Cavs get Bynum :D
Done. Heartbeat. Boner.

SilkkTheShocker
Cavs must be doing something else to make this deal work.

Chrono90
My question is how can Nets pay D-Will, JJ, Gerald and Howard all in the same time?

And my other question. Is Howard's back even ok? He just came off surgery right.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:15 PM

Because the Magic do not want Kris Humphries. If the Nets trade him to another team they can then be able to take on another bad contract or two from Orlando.

My question is how can Nets pay D-Will, JJ, Gerald and Howard all in the same time?

And my other question. Is Howard's back even ok? He just came off surgery right.

With a sign and trade, teams are allowed to go over the cap. if howard become a free agent, the nets cannot take his salary because it's against the CBA. The Nets acquired joe and gerald and potentially howard all through sign and trades which allow them to go well over the hard cap. mikhail prokhorov pays it off.

NumberSix
Oh, so now Dan is down with teams colluding to create super teams? Lol. Whatta ****.

chazzy

Prokhorov cash money

BlackVVaves
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/222103586266550273

well theres more to it than that, he was reporting, that bynum would be interested in playing for the cavs, not just throwing out destinations without merit

Has Bynum ever actually even hinted at that? Again, sounds more like speculation than anything else. Also, how the hell does giving up both Humphries AND a pick help them attain Dwight?

So the deal for Dwight becomes Lopez + Brooks + 1 less pick? How is that more enticing for Orlando? That's an even worst deal :facepalm

chazzy
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Because the Magic do not want Kris Humphries. If the Nets trade him to another team they can then be able to take on another bad contract or two from Orlando.
Can't they just not resign him, or is he needed in a 3way to make the salaries match?

1~Gibson~1
07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
rich owners spend big money

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Many speculating that Cavs are team that would take Kris Humphries as part of DH12 deal 2 Nets. But told "nothing substantive" with Cavs now

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Can't they just not resign him, or is he needed in a 3way to make the salaries match?

They want to S&T away Hump to not pay him and for Orlando to not pay him. With Hump out of the equation for both the Nets and Orlando, this allows the Nets to soak Howard, J-Rich and Hedo. It's a salary matchup complication.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Nets are reaching out to "any team with room," I'm told. But Cavs do make sense; they have 7 first rounders in next three years.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I am wondering if there will be a two team trade between the Nets and Cavs first, or will this involve Nets, Cavs, and Magic all at the same time.:confusedshrug:

Either way the Nets need to act on this fast.

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 07:23 PM

He doesn't know what he's talking about :facepalm

Like you said, if that were the case, the Nets could just not resign him. Period.

It was earlier assumed that the Cavs would give up a pick for Hump, which the Nets would include in their package for Dwight.

To which me and other posters argued, why the **** would they do that when they can just outright sign him.

Then it was uncovered that the Cavs would not be GIVING away a pick, but RECEIVING one from the Nets.

Which leaves us here. It makes no sense what so ever and some posters are just trying to rationalize things as best they can to create some credible scenario where Dwight becomes a Net.

Which, by the way, I'm not saying won't happen. But none of the contents of this rumor helps the Nets in their pursuit of Howard. They LOSE trading assets, they gain none.

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 07:24 PM
No way Orlando does this.

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 07:25 PM
They want to S&T away Hump to not pay him and for Orlando to not pay him. With Hump out of the equation for both the Nets and Orlando, this allows the Nets to soak Howard, J-Rich and Hedo. It's a salary matchup complication.

So let Hump walk, he's a free agent. Regardless of whether he's a UFA or RFA, they can just let him walk, get signed to an offer sheet and not match :banghead:

Pink Tigress

He's going to pay a small fortune in luxury tax penalties. My guess is IF they got D12 they would be shopping JJ by January.

It's A VC3!!!
He doesn't know what he's talking about :facepalm

Like you said, if that were the case, the Nets could just not resign him. Period.

It was earlier assumed that the Cavs would give up a pick for Hump, which the Nets would include in their package for Dwight.

To which me and other posters argued, why the **** would they do that when they can just outright sign him.

Then it was uncovered that the Cavs would not be GIVING away a pick, but RECEIVING one from the Nets.

Which leaves us here. It makes no sense what so ever and some posters are just trying to rationalize things as best they can to create some credible scenario where Dwight becomes a Net.

Which, by the way, I'm not saying won't happen. But none of the contents of this rumor helps the Nets in their pursuit of Howard. They LOSE trading assets, they gain none.

David Aldridge just confirmed that since the Cavs have 7 picks, the Nets are directly in talks with them. Nobody knows exactly what is being offered other then Hump, but the Cavs would prefer a S&T so it doesn't penalize their cap hold, dumbass. That's the primary reason.

GOBB
07-08-2012, 07:27 PM
conch > chazzy! :lol

Bynum interested in Cleveland? Good one. He should also be interested in Philadelphia too.

Zodiac
Still don't understand this, Houston and Atlanta can offer significantly better packages and you don't need the 3rd team mess with them.

If you were Henningan would you take Lopez+Brooks+Unprotected first or Horford+Teague+2 unprotected firsts or whatever crazy 8 player deal Houston can do with their 20,000 forwards

It's A VC3!!!
He's going to pay a small fortune in luxury tax penalties. My guess is IF they got D12 they would be shopping JJ by January.

So Mikhail Prokhorov is afraid of paying the luxury tax penalties when his net worth is valued at 13 billion? The same guy that makes 20 million each week and made 28 million this week which puts him above his average for weekly earnings?

I don't think he's afraid of the luxury tax.

Reverend Hoops
Orlando would be fools if they do this trade. Might as well give him away to the Bobcats for a 1st.

hawksdogsbraves
07-08-2012, 07:29 PM

Heh, good luck with that

The Nets only traded for JJ because they realized Deron would probably leave if they didn't do something drastic. What team is going to take on the worst contract in the league for a 19ppg player? That contract is big and long enough to cripple a franchise for years, nobody is taking it.

Zodiac
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Seriously though Brooklyn's offers are awful 28 teams in the league could probably field a more attractive offer.

Only reason I think Brooklyn is getting so much steam with the media is that it's New York and New York is a large sports market and large sports markets with news about a star player potentially coming to their town=views and clicks and views and clicks=$$$$$$

Chrono90
With a sign and trade, teams are allowed to go over the cap. if howard become a free agent, the nets cannot take his salary because it's against the CBA. The Nets acquired joe and gerald and potentially howard all through sign and trades which allow them to go well over the hard cap. mikhail prokhorov pays it off.

thanks i guess it's alright to pay the fine because they're expecting to make big money in brooklyn. The rivalry between manhattan knicks and brooklyn nets will be so good. Looking forward to it.

It's A VC3!!!
So let Hump walk, he's a free agent. Regardless of whether he's a UFA or RFA, they can just let him walk, get signed to an offer sheet and not match :banghead:

But that would hurt the Cavs especially if they plan to make more moves this Summer. A S&T allows teams to go into hard cap territory. It's why the Nets didn't sign Wallace as a FA, it's why they obtained Joe, and why they are nearing a trade for Howard. There's no way that they have those players if they were FA. The CBA doesn't allow it. A S&T is basically a way around getting over the cap.

flipogb
07-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports

Just spoke with a source that tells me that Billy King is "very close" to getting Dwight Howard. And deal could be completed "very soon."

this day better not end with "nothing is imminent"

NumberSix
07-08-2012, 07:31 PM

So Mikhail Prokhorov is afraid of paying the luxury tax penalties when his net worth is valued at 13 billion? The same guy that makes 20 million each week and made 28 million this week which puts him above his average for weekly earnings?

To him, it's pennies to start his franchise off right

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Seriously though Brooklyn's offers are awful 28 teams in the league could probably field a more attractive offer.

If Dwight hadn't complicated matters by publicly stating that the Nets are the only team on his list, Dwight would be in LA right now as we speak. The offer is not the main concern. Rob Hennigan is trying to obtain the best package the Nets can offer because that's the only place Dwight wants to play. If Dwight Howard never said he likes the Nets do you really think that Rob would be speaking to them?

talkingconch
07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
this day better not end with "nothing is imminent"
disaster if it does happen

chazzy
07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Cleveland has cap space to sign Hump outright and showed no interest in doing so. Nets need some serious sweeteners.

Doing a sign and trade still takes up their cap space. It allows a team already over the cap to add more salary. Basically, there's no reason for the Cavs to give up a pick and not vice versa

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 07:34 PM

and wut the shit does Cleveland want with Humphries?

****ing this

inb4lakersmake3teamtrade

Based on the facts as we know them now the deal makes no sense and I don't know why either team would even consider it. I still expect D12 to end up somewhere unexpected. There is always an unexpected front runner to emerge in these big trades.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Cleveland has cap space to sign Hump outright and showed no interest in doing so. Nets need some serious sweeteners.

Doing a sign and trade still takes up their cap space. It allows a team already over the cap to add more salary. Basically, there's no reason for the Cavs to give up a pick and not vice versa

And that's what I have been saying all along.

That's how Gerald and Joe are Nets. Via S&T put them over the cap. They couldn't do that by just signing them if they were FA's

I think the Nets are giving up Hump and a second rounder which would sweeten the deal. I don't see how Dan says no. He's a billionaire, adding Hump isn't as bad. Plus, he has a lot of PF's who can be traded now.

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Prokhorov didn't become wealthy by spending irresponsibly. With D12 & DWill they get to the ECF at best. Why would you pay $50 million every year in luxury taxes only to get to the ECF? Does that make any sense to you?

chips93
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Nets are reaching out to "any team with room," I'm told. But Cavs do make sense; they have 7 first rounders in next three years.

this is wrong

cavs have all three of their own, plus the kings, and then the heats, and can swap picks with the lakers

thats 5 in the next 3 years

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 07:42 PM
But that would hurt the Cavs especially if they plan to make more moves this Summer. A S&T allows teams to go into hard cap territory. It's why the Nets didn't sign Wallace as a FA, it's why they obtained Joe, and why they are nearing a trade for Howard. There's no way that they have those players if they were FA. The CBA doesn't allow it. A S&T is basically a way around getting over the cap.

So you're saying that a player's contract that is acquired through a S&T does not work against the cap at all, meaning even if a team goes over the cap when acquiring a player in a S&T, the cap space that would have been there if said player was not acquired would still be available?

Can anyone confirm this? :confusedshrug:

Zodiac
07-08-2012, 07:42 PM
If Dwight hadn't complicated matters by publicly stating that the Nets are the only team on his list, Dwight would be in LA right now as we speak. The offer is not the main concern. Rob Hennigan is trying to obtain the best package the Nets can offer because that's the only place Dwight wants to play. If Dwight Howard never said he likes the Nets do you really think that Rob would be speaking to them?
You're out of your mind if you think Heningan actually cares if Dwight resigns or not he wants the best package for the MAGIC and if teams are willing to trade for Dwight without confirmation of him resigning (Which some are) then their is 0 reason to expect Dwight to go anywhere near Brooklyn except when his new team has to play them.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Prokhorov didn't become wealthy by spending irresponsibly. With D12 & DWill they get to the ECF at best. Why would you pay $50 million every year in luxury taxes only to get to the ECF? Does that make any sense to you?

What in the world are you talking about? You think he isn't aware of what's going on? You believe that 50 million is a lot to a guy who will make that back in 2 weeks? He is not afraid of money. And you know nothing, NOTHING about Prok. This is the same guy who spent over 150 million on boats and yachts and claimed that he has no idea where they are anymore because he moved so much. He does not care about money. He signed up for this and since acquiring the Nets, Prok raised their value from 250 million to nearly 600 million.

And one more thing to shut you up. He shelled out a 800 million dollar check to build the new arena. And that was when the Nets were historically bad. They are good now and you expect him to back out of his billion dollar investment? I'll go easy on you, kid.

broy
07-08-2012, 07:44 PM
So you're saying that a player's contract that is acquired through a S&T does not work against the cap at all, meaning even if a team goes over the cap when acquiring a player in a S&T, the cap space that would have been there if said player was not acquired would still be available?

Can anyone confirm this? :confusedshrug:

It is not like that. Every transaction affects the salary.

Zodiac
07-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Not only that, but like Hollinger said they could have signed him outright if they wanted too. I bet the Cavs would push for Marshon Brooks or an unprotected first in that trade.

NBA2k-Monster23
07-08-2012, 07:45 PM
well, I don't really have too much to say at this point. I'm not giving up my hope unless I see deal done..

flipogb
07-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

11 players non confirmed, but that's what it is sounding like from what I hear. no names in particular though.

4m Tommy Dee Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

this sounds like a whopper of a deal. 11 players in total. Complicated to say the least. ‪#magic‬ ‪#nets‬

8m Tommy Dee Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

@daldridgetnt thanks for the props DA... my favorite reporter in the biz.

12m Tommy Dee Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

source regarding possible 3-team trade with cleveland, Brooklyn and the Magic re: Howard. "All the pieces seem to be in place."

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:48 PM
You're out of your mind if you think Heningan actually cares if Dwight resigns or not he wants the best package for the MAGIC and if teams are willing to trade for Dwight without confirmation of him resigning (Which some are) then their is 0 reason to expect Dwight to go anywhere near Brooklyn except when his new team has to play them.

Why is Rob speaking with Brooklyn then my friend?

According to you the Nets offer is shit.

I'll fill you in, it's because Dwight has anally screwed Rob and the entire Magic organization after requesting a trade to the Nets, and no other team except the Nets. That is the reason that Rob is actually answering Billy King's phone. He has to include the Nets in the mix because Howard demanded he do so.

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
And that's what I have been saying all along.

That's how Gerald and Joe are Nets. Via S&T put them over the cap. They couldn't do that by just signing them if they were FA's

I think the Nets are giving up Hump and a second rounder which would sweeten the deal. I don't see how Dan says no. He's a billionaire, adding Hump isn't as bad. Plus, he has a lot of PF's who can be traded now.

You're not getting it.

You seem to think that when a contract is acquired through a S&T, it does not count against the salary cap. Yes, in terms of actually receiving that particular player, a team can go over the salary cap. But if after the S&T, you are over the salary cap as a team, you are over the salary cap as a team. Meaning, you cannot sign free agents unless they are to the mini MLE, MLE, BAE, Vet. minimum, or another S&T.

Meaning, Cleveland would still be over the cap after a S&T for Hump, and still be restricted in who they could pursue otherwise, and still have to pay the luxury tax.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

11 players non confirmed, but that's what it is sounding like from what I hear. no names in particular though.

4m Tommy Dee Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

this sounds like a whopper of a deal. 11 players in total. Complicated to say the least. ‪#magic‬ ‪#nets‬

"

The Nets are giving up 6 players and the Magic 3 and the Cavs 1. I count 10. Who is that other player? Hmmm:confusedshrug:

LBJDW305
07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
What in the world are you talking about? You think he isn't aware of what's going on? You believe that 50 million is a lot to a guy who will make that back in 2 weeks? He is not afraid of money. And you know nothing, NOTHING about Prok. This is the same guy who spent over 150 million on boats and yachts and claimed that he has no idea where they are anymore because he moved so much. He does not care about money. He signed up for this and since acquiring the Nets, Prok raised their value from 250 million to nearly 600 million.

And one more thing to shut you up. He shelled out a 800 million dollar check to build the new arena. And that was when the Nets were historically bad. They are good now and you expect him to back out of his billion dollar investment? I'll go easy on you, kid.

What makes you think there better then the pacers,healthy bulls team,Knicks,celtics...Because of joe Johnson :roll: :roll: :yaohappy:

Story Up
07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Wtf have fun with Lopez Orlando, dumbest franchise on earth if they take nets deal over Bynum.

**** it, drew it is; la just concentrate on signing bench players now and hill to start at SF.

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 07:53 PM
In anycase, this Dwight thing needs to happen. Way too annoying.

If this 3-team trade goes down, it means Dan Gilbert cares more about ****ing Lebron over than the success of his own team.

It's A VC3!!!
You're not getting it.

You seem to think that when a contract is acquired through a S&T, it does not count against the salary cap. Yes, in terms of actually receiving that particular player, a team can go over the salary cap. But if after the S&T, you are over the salary cap as a team, you are over the salary cap as a team. Meaning, you cannot sign free agents unless they are to the mini MLE, MLE, BAE, Vet. minimum, or another S&T.

Meaning, Cleveland would still be over the cap after a S&T for Hump, and still be restricted in who they could pursue otherwise, and still have to pay the luxury tax.

Yes, I've been trying to state that, however you were a bit confused and we could be equally at fault here. It does count against the cap obviously.

At this point I'm focused on the Nets potential acquisition of Howard so I rushed my response to you and it sounded choppy. My bad.

flipogb
get it done Nets,then meet LA in the finals -Lakers fan whos been a Bynum fan for a while

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
ESPN should just come out with a front page headline that reads: "Magic Lose." Given they just resigned Nelson, traded away their second best player, and may only be getting a rental in exchange for the best center in the league, it's safe to say they are screwed.:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes, I've been trying to state that, however you were a bit confused and we could be equally at fault here. It does count against the cap obviously.

At this point I'm focused on the Nets potential acquisition of Howard so I rushed my response to you and it sounded choppy. My bad.

It's all good man :cheers:

Still don't see how this benefits anyone but the Nets at all. But, as a Nets fan, you shouldn't care anyway.

Now if I'm a Magic or Cavs fan on the other hand...:mad:

flipogb
07-08-2012, 07:56 PM
ESPN should just come out with a front page headline that reads: "Magic Lose." Given they just resigned Nelson, traded away their second best player, and may only be getting a rental in exchange for the best center in the league, it's safe to say they are screwed.:oldlol:
kept Nelson and let Anderson go, just makes no sense

Reverend Hoops
07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Orlando can't be this dumb.

chazzy
07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Not a good day for Dwight to LA fans. Bad combination of reports from legit sources so far.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
It's all good man :cheers:

Still don't see how this benefits anyone but the Nets at all. But, as a Nets fan, you shouldn't care anyway.

Now if I'm a Magic or Cavs fan on the other hand...:mad:

Well the Cavs would be acquiring a draft pick and I guess taking on Hump is the only way to obtain one of four picks the Nets own. Two of them being in the first round. The entire deal is still shrouded by mystery and within the next hour it will either go down or not.

R.I.P.
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Only way this makes any sense is that Brook Lopez goes to Cleveland. Varejao, Brooks and 6-7 picks from the Cavs+Nets go to Orlando, but judging from everything going on none of these picks is likely to be a high lottery pick.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Not a good day for Dwight to LA fans. Bad combination of reports from legit sources so far.

Super legit sources. Not the shit LA times sportswriters wanna be sources that have been surfacing the last two days.:cheers:

flipogb
07-08-2012, 08:02 PM
the rumors are getting very detailed and specific as to what pieces and players are involved, so thats a good sign

talkingconch
Super legit sources. Not the shit LA times sportswriters wanna be sources that have been surfacing the last two days.:cheers:
Same sources that said Nash was close to the Knicks.

Don't get your hopes up just yet.

Rekindled
interesting to see how laker fans react to bynum if it turns out he cockblocked the dwight trade when he said he wont resign with orlando

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't understand why a team like the Spurs don't get involved. They would be a perfect destination for Dwight, and they have the pieces to make it happen. Same goes for OKC.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Some where, however, i think it was two days ago that some female who is unknown said a deal was imminent and happening within the next hour between LA and Brooklyn. everybody was getting excited despite a terrible source. woj and DA are some of the best we have.

and for the past 7 months i've learned not to get too excited with dwightmare.

RazorBaLade
07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Some where, however, i think it was two days ago that some female who is unknown said a deal was imminent and happening within the next hour between LA and Brooklyn. everybody was getting excited despite a terrible source. woj and DA are some of the best we have.

um no she said it would happen closer to the 11th

chips93
07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't understand why a team like the Spurs don't get involved. They would be a perfect destination for Dwight, and they have the pieces to make it happen. Same goes for OKC.

dwight isnt gonna re-sign in okc or san antonio, he has made it clear he wants to go to a big market, like brooklyn

Story Up
07-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Wtf have fun with Lopez Orlando, dumbest franchise on earth if they take nets deal over Bynum.

**** it, drew it is; la just concentrate on signing bench players now and hill to start at SF.

flipogb
....waits for David Aldridge tweet that will shut down discussions for today with no Dwight trade happening

SilkkTheShocker
The Spurs have Leonard. That's it

BlackVVaves
Well the Cavs would be acquiring a draft pick and I guess taking on Hump is the only way to obtain one of four picks the Nets own. Two of them being in the first round. The entire deal is still shrouded by mystery and within the next hour it will either go down or not.

That pick is going to be trash if Dwight becomes a Net. Why take Hump and hurt your salary cap situation for 2013 when you have a promising PF in Thompson?

Cavs just can't help themselves from making dumb ass decisions, no matter how well they manage their team, they always end up coming right back and making dumb. ass. decisions. :facepalm

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM
dwight isnt gonna re-sign in okc or san antonio, he has made it clear he wants to go to a big market, like brooklyn

Dwight is an idiot, and if you have the opportunity to trade for an all-star center and contend you do it. Does anyone honestly believe Dwight will give up $25 million dollars AND a shot at competing just to play in say Dallas? :coleman:

It's A VC3!!!

It's not about that man.

Answer me this question--- Why is Rob Hennigan talking to the Nets?

The Nets have the worst package to offer yet Rob is continually on the phone with BK trying to assemble the best package for his team. People keep saying that Rob has no restrictions and can trade him to another team at any given time but if that's the case then why hasn't it happened yet?

It's because Rob NEEDS to squeeze the Nets out of everything because that's the only option for him. Teams keep saying they will rent Howard but if it were that simple Dwight would be with the Lakers as we speak.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Bynum is an 1 yr rental with 16.5mil in expiring...add Mcrib and Eyenga =4.2

so thats 20.2millions in expiring...why do the Magic want Lopez & his near max deal is out of reach to understand...well did they fire Otis or not?

Doctor Rivers

stop whining

NBA2k-Monster23

Well, all I can say is that i'm still keeping my hope on trying to get Dwight to land in LA. But if the trade doesn't present itself in our favor then I will gladly congratulate the Nets on their huge accomplishment if they get D12...

LA_Showtime
The Spurs have Leonard. That's it

Leonard, Splitter, S&T green, two first round picks. I'd rather have that than Lopez. :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
It's not about that man.

Answer me this question--- Why is Rob Hennigan talking to the Nets?

The Nets have the worst package to offer yet Rob is continually on the phone with BK trying to assemble the best package for his team. People keep saying that Rob has no restrictions and can trade him to another team at any given time but if that's the case then why hasn't it happened yet?

It's because Rob NEEDS to squeeze the Nets out of everything because that's the only option for him. Teams keep saying they will rent Howard but if it were that simple Dwight would be with the Lakers as we speak.

I don't understand why this situation is causing you stress if Dwight is going to inevitably end up in New Jersey. :confusedshrug:

Haymaker
07-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't understand why a team like the Spurs don't get involved. They would be a perfect destination for Dwight, and they have the pieces to make it happen. Same goes for OKC. Nah, Spurs don't deal with prima donnas. Anyway, they have no assets and Dwight wouldn't resign.

chazzy
07-08-2012, 08:10 PM

True, I thought that was a done deal

Lakers' offer is easily better. But there are more uncertainties involved for both teams to come to an agreement. Dwight would obviously extend with NJ and Lopez has to extend for the trade to happen. LA and Orlando are both looking at rentals without extensions, which doesn't seem likely at this point.

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
True, I thought that was a done deal

Lakers' offer is easily better. But there are more uncertainties involved for both teams to come to an agreement. Dwight would obviously extend with NJ and Lopez has to extend for the trade to happen. LA and Orlando are both looking at rentals without extensions, which doesn't seem likely at this point.

At this point Howard for Bynum would just be anticlimatic. I want to say some crazy shit, like Howard to Chicago for Noah and Boozer.

niko
07-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Nets need to give Cavs an asset, not the other way aroudn. I'm not sure what some of these reporters are smoking.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't understand why this situation is causing you stress if Dwight is going to inevitably end up in New Jersey. :confusedshrug:

I joke around man, my life doesn't get impacted by how the Nets do this Summer. However, it does make me happy seeing them in the playoffs. I joke up waking up in the morning and checking my newsfeed. I lose no sleep whatsoever. It excites me but the Nets still represent a fraction of my life because in the end, I don't impact their life and they don't impact mine. No stress on my end.

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:16 PM
They could just negotiate a buy out? That would save them what, $15 million? :roll:

Story Up
07-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I joke around man, my life doesn't get impacted by how the Nets do this Summer. However, it does make me happy seeing them in the playoffs. I joke up waking up in the morning and checking my newsfeed. I lose no sleep whatsoever. It excites me but the Nets still represent a fraction of my life because in the end, I don't impact their life and they don't impact mine. No stress on my end.
Bullshit, you're the *** that is following this shut more then anyone, you are here 24/7 for last week.

chazzy
07-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Several reporters are hearing different things about a potential Howard trade. Tells me someone is positioning for a sweeter offer.

Shit just got sweeter

chips93
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Dwight is an idiot, and if you have the opportunity to trade for an all-star center and contend you do it. Does anyone honestly believe Dwight will give up $25 million dollars AND a shot at competing just to play in say Dallas? :coleman:

there are rumors that he has an incentive in his contract with Adidas, that will give him a huge bonus if he goes to a big market, so him losing whatever it is, $25 million, isnt that big an issue

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM

I'm killing your dreams aren't I?

He paid $800 million for an arena? So he'll throw in an extra $50 million to get beat by Miami every year in the ECF? Why? How much of that $800 million was tax payer money?
One more thing, the Nets are an investment. Boats, cars, etc are toys. Learn the difference. The purpose of any investment is to yield a profit. Intelligent people don't invest to purposely lose money. You sound like you graduated from the school of Bernie Madoff.

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Next time some big star demands to be traded we need to get everyone on ISH to sign up for Twitter and start agreeing to a random scenario and see if the mainstream media catches on.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Bullshit, you're the *** that is following this shut more then anyone, you are here 24/7 for last week.

I have and that's due to the stellar transformation of the Nets. I'm a fan, sue me.

NBA2k-Monster23
07-08-2012, 08:23 PM
ike beal‏@mike6189004
ORL/HOU close to happening. Sources say Magic will get multiple lottery picks in 2013 and Lamb/White/Martin. Nets rumors were leverage

mike beal‏@mike6189004
RH was using Nets to get best offers from other teams. Expect this deal to be official before the end of the night.

niko
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Next time some big star demands to be traded we need to get everyone on ISH to sign up for Twitter and start agreeing to a random scenario and see if the mainstream media catches on.
We already got espn to post and retract a rumor.:lol

RazorBaLade
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
ike beal‏@mike6189004
ORL/HOU close to happening. Sources say Magic will get multiple lottery picks in 2013 and Lamb/White/Martin. Nets rumors were leverage

mike beal‏@mike6189004
RH was using Nets to get best offers from other teams. Expect this deal to be official before the end of the night.

then houston trades bynum for dwight.. lolz

chazzy
07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
ike beal‏@mike6189004

mike beal‏@mike6189004
Really man.

https://twitter.com/mike6189004

0 followers

Story Up
07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
LA just trade Bynum for Iggy and SnT for L.Williams and pick up Camby. **** Dwight.

niko
07-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Do it, I'll retweet it. If realgm can, we can.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 08:27 PM

He paid $800 million for an arena? So he'll throw in an extra $50 million to get beat by Miami every year in the ECF? Why? How much of that $800 million was tax payer money?
One more thing, the Nets are an investment. Boats, cars, etc are toys. Learn the difference. The purpose of any investment is to yield a profit. Intelligent people don't invest to purposely lose money. You sound like you graduated from the school of Bernie Madoff.

I'm trying to help you out. It's the only reason I'm responding to you because your stupid and maybe after this post you learn something.

So let's start from step one.

The Nets were historically bad yet Prok shelled 800 million. So now the Nets are a playoff team and could potentially become a contender and it would cost Prok exactly 32 million a year after they get howard, and you expect him to back out because of 32 million a year? when he makes 20 million a week?

How in the damn world and in your stupid ass head do you think that a human being who has BILLIONS if afraid of 30 million A YEAR. He's not going broke. I don't know why your acting like he is. Wait, I do. Your afraid of this potential Nets lineup so you want to notify us that Prok won't pay 30 million dollars for a winning nets team.:oldlol: :oldlol:

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 08:27 PM
ike beal‏@mike6189004

mike beal‏@mike6189004
Sounds legit

ZeN
07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I'll retweet as well..lol

niko
07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds legit
Go to nikochanr3. I'll be posting the real news soon.

I repped you as my source.

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Eh I'm too lazy to start the rumor but I'll make an account JAS.

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM

They know the scenarios. You think that they don't know SAS can offer a very good package? Or OKC? They both can. However, SAS and OKC know obtaining Howard and re-signing him is a long shot so there's no reason wasting time trying to make it happen.

D12"Magic"
07-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Go to nikochanr3. I'll be posting the real news soon.
:lol

chips93
07-08-2012, 08:33 PM
We already got espn to post and retract a rumor.:lol

when?

NBA2k-Monster23
07-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Sounds legit

Thanks! I just knew you guys would fall for it..

Pink Tigress
07-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm trying to help you out. It's the only reason I'm responding to you because your stupid and maybe after this post you learn something.

So let's start from step one.

The Nets were historically bad yet Prok shelled 800 million. So now the Nets are a playoff team and could potentially become a contender and it would cost Prok exactly 32 million a year after they get howard, and you expect him to back out because of 32 million a year? when he makes 20 million a week?

How in the damn world and in your stupid ass head do you think that a human being who has BILLIONS if afraid of 30 million A YEAR. He's not going broke. I don't know why your acting like he is. Wait, I do. Your afraid of this potential Nets lineup so you want to notify us that Prok won't pay 30 million dollars for a winning nets team.:oldlol: :oldlol:

Well this is just as dumb as your last 2 comments, maybe it's because you're repeating yourself and this discussion has gone over your head. Who cares how rich he is he's not going to bleed money just because he has it to spend. You need to let that wet dream go. If he was willing to blow money he would have gone after J Kidd since DWill said he wanted to play with him.

niko
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Done, but my account doesnt look,legit. Still, people are dumb.

niko
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Well this is just as dumb as your last 2 comments, maybe it's because you're repeating yourself and this discussion has gone over your head. Who cares how rich he is he's not going to bleed money just because he has it to spend. You need to let that wet dream go. If he was willing to blow money he would have gone after J Kidd since DWill said he wanted to play with him.
Pink tigress?

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 08:40 PM

/Sigh. So he spent 800 million in one sitting but won't spend 30 million a year?

And he couldn't have gone after Jason Kidd. Obtaining Jason Kidd would have cost us the MLE which means that we cannot exceed the hard cap.

Last response to you because you need to get your shit straight before being spewing dumb crap.

Later.

Nets fan 93
07-08-2012, 08:48 PM

I bet you thought the mavs would lose to the heat 2 yrs ago too, right!? Okay mr. Future teller, think what you want. He'll glady pay whatever. It shouldn't be news to anyone at this point. The closer to the championship that he promised, the happier Prokhorov is.

"D"
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM

So you understand that Prok must be a sensible individual, moneywise, for otherwise he couldn't have gotten this rich; yet you question his expenditure.

Getting Dwight means attracting a larger fan base, selling more tickets and hot dogs, gaining interest from sponsors, etc. His coming over massively increases the Nets' value and therefore the incoming $, championship or not.

niko
07-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Did anyone retweet? I want my fifteen minutes.

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 08:55 PM
So you understand that Prok must be a sensible individual, moneywise, for otherwise he couldn't have gotten this rich; yet you question his expenditure.

Getting Dwight means attracting a larger fan base, selling more tickets and hot dogs, gaining interest from sponsors, etc. His coming over massively increases the Nets' value and therefore the incoming $, championship or not.

Yup, I think Prok's the real deal. And I think the main reason he would be willing to spend all this cash is because he's got a huge ego. The guy is a competitor and it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to send a big **** you to the rest of the owners.