PDA

View Full Version : why are we acting like ray allen is gods gift?

Knicksfever2010
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
he almost needed a wheelchair in the playoffs to get around. Very confusing why people are all of a sudden acting like he is the ray allen of old. Same can be said for the knicks getting jason kidd. If either team needs to rely on these guys for major minutes they're both in trouble.

Nash
07-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Why? Because here is a guy who averaged 15 ppg while being injured. Also he's the best shooter in the history of the game and they don't expect him to handle the ball in Miami. He will be a monster for them. Both shooting the ball but also keeping the opposing defense to stop double teaming Lebron and Wade(nobody is stupid to leave Ray Allen completely open) which could open up the game for them as well.

TylerOO
07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Best shooter ever+Wide open threes= amazing

IGotACoolStory
07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/ijiwaru_sensei/Screen%20Captures/HeGotGame1.jpg

Knicksfever2010
07-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Why? Because here is a guy who averaged 15 ppg while being injured. Also he's the best shooter in the history of the game and they don't expect him to handle the ball in Miami. He will be a monster for them. Both shooting the ball but also keeping the opposing defense to stop double teaming Lebron and Wade(nobody is stupid to leave Ray Allen completely open) which could open up the game for them as well.

but he no longer is 'the best shooter in the game'... dont get me wrong, he will make the open 3 pointer, but in boston he made his living at running around and coming off picks. I just dont see him at his advanced age (nba wise) keeping up, especially in the playoffs.

DurantFor40
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Because he doesn't need to do near as much on Miami... he could literally sit the whole regular season and watch them get the 1 seed, and walk into the playoffs 100% healthy and drain his wide open 3 pointers. Heat got a lot better with Ray Ray

Cherry Picker
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Ray went to South Beach for the wide open looks but I am not talking about 3 pointers

chips93
07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
but he no longer is 'the best shooter in the game'... dont get me wrong, he will make the open 3 pointer, but in boston he made his living at running around and coming off picks. I just dont see him at his advanced age (nba wise) keeping up, especially in the playoffs.

but he doesnt need picks, he just needs to move to the open spots, when the defense closes in on james or wade

he hit 45% from 3, last year, a career high, and he will have to work even less to get open in miami

Nash
07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
He's still the best shooter in the game. But the opponents always knew about him and marked him because his shooting was one of Bostons main threats. In Miami it won't be and the opponents have guys like Lebron, Bosh and Wade to think about before thinking of Allen. That will give him more space.

And lets not forget he played with injuries last season and still averaged 15ppg. With a healthy ankle he will be in much better shape.

Haymaker
07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Ray is a very positive influence in the locker room. Lebron could learn a lot from him when it comes to his spartan-like discipline and preparation. He will be like what Billups is to the Clippers.

swi7ch
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
He broke the 3 point shooting record while having to work so hard by going through multiple screens in a single possession. Now, he's going to shoot UNCONTESTED 3s all game long.

Just think about that for a minute.

swi7ch
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
but in boston he made his living at running around and coming off picks. I just dont see him at his advanced age (nba wise) keeping up, especially in the playoffs.
That's the whole point! He doesn't need to do any of that wiht MIA! He just needs to stand in the corner and shoot open threes while LBJ and Wade do the damage with their driving/slashing game.

:bowdown:

You remember how many 3s Battier, Miller, Bibby last year, etc. all missed while they were wide open? Now imagine RayRay in the same situation... but we all know he's not missing a lot since he's the freakin' 3 pt king of all time!

Living Being
07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I think Miami is taking a major risk with this guy. They might have to rely on the big 3 when it's all said and done. Not a good thing.

Godzuki
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM
he's a perfect complement to what the Heat could use.. dead eye 3pt shooter playing with 3 superstars, and adds veterans presence.

Fiasco
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Why is his real name Jesus Shuttlesworth?

boozehound
07-08-2012, 09:36 PM
no doubt. people seem to forget that he followed up his record setting finals performance with several absolute clunkers of a game. dude is still a decent player, but the overreaction to his signing is pretty funny.

noosaman
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
He will be rejuvenated once he gets some Cubana snatch on 8th street

It's A VC3!!!
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
they won the finals 4-1. It's not like they are asking him to get them over the hump. If he can use a screen set by d-wade, or bosh or whomever, and hit an open shot, he is worth the investment. great pickup by miami.

KyrieTheFuture
07-08-2012, 09:41 PM
I think Miami is taking a major risk with this guy. They might have to rely on the big 3 when it's all said and done. Not a good thing.

And that's different from this year how? Also they have like 4 million committed to him. Hardly a huge risk.

LakersReign
07-09-2012, 01:45 AM
he almost needed a wheelchair in the playoffs to get around. Very confusing why people are all of a sudden acting like he is the ray allen of old. Same can be said for the knicks getting jason kidd. If either team needs to rely on these guys for major minutes they're both in trouble.

Ray should've gone elsewhere to play if he no longer wanted to play in Boston. In Miami now, he'll be the "hero" when they're winning, but the "goat" when they're losing. This is just yet another example of how pathetically two-faced Lebron fans are. They try to lie and say that Lakers fans were supposedly talking championship when we signed Sessions last year, and made a huge deal out of it when the Lakers were eliminated. Now cuz the Heat signed Ray, it's championship cruise Part 2? Sheer hypocrisy.:facepalm

TheCorporation
07-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Why is his real name Jesus Shuttlesworth?

Because he got game, bro

Smoke117
07-09-2012, 02:27 AM
no doubt. people seem to forget that he followed up his record setting finals performance with several absolute clunkers of a game. dude is still a decent player, but the overreaction to his signing is pretty funny.

No, what people seem to forget is Ron Artest Kneed him in the thigh in game 3 giving him a deep bone bruise in said thigh. You go out and play professionally and try to get the right lift on your shots when you can't even jump right.

RaininTwos
07-09-2012, 02:41 AM
I'm kinda saddened by how jaded people are here. We get it, you hate the Heat, but the reaction that some people are claiming to be "over the top" is very appropiate. Ray Allen, one of, if not the greatest shooter of all time will be playing with Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. He will no longer need to run through a million screens in order to receive multiple open looks due to his teammates ability to break defenses down to the point where double teams and excessive help are imminent.

Like I said before in another Ray thread, I honestly have no clue how people are going to guard this team anymore. You can't leave Ray open, regardless of how hot and cold he is but then again you've got three all-stars who can pass the ball to the open shooter pretty damn well. This is a recipe for disaster. Allen shot 45% last year and if he is getting the same shots that Chalmers, James Jones, Mike Miller and Battier have been receiving, dude will shoot over 50% from three and I wouldn't be surprised if his scoring actually increased this year.

This is a huge signing. People have forgotten that Miami was shooting like shit from the perimeter during most of their playoff run. Battier and Miller came on really late and Chalmers had his moments here and there. Ray does have times where he can't hit the side of a barn during his major slumps like Boozehound pointed out, but those times are few and far between. I can see Ray killing some teams next year with red hot shooting from the outside already.

Dwade305
07-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Been saying this from the beggining. There is no Kg on the Heat that will get his back when he misses a rotation or lets a man breeze by him. As soon as Spo sees him getting abused when he is on D, he is getting off the court. Same reason why JJ doesnt play as much, he simply is not good enough defensively, and if their shot is not falling, o boy, they are practically useless. No real big expectations from Ray in my book other than playing 10-20 min per game, closer to 30 min if he gets hot and whoever is covering him is not torching him.

All Net
07-09-2012, 02:48 AM

He shot 45% from three even with bone spurs... The looks he will get he should be up there again

Comparing him to Jason Kidd is a complete insult to ray at this point of their careers.

This was a great signing for Miami in so many ways and gives wade the chance to rest more and vis versa

Cali Syndicate
07-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Because when a duo of Lebron and Wade can create so many open shots for their teammates, a player like Ray Allen becomes the ultimate weapon.

Remember Miller and Battier consistently knocking down open 3 after open 3 after open 3 in the finals? Imagine that consistently happening game after game after game with Ray Allen.

fos
07-09-2012, 03:16 AM
He's God's gift to moviegoers... I still jerk off to him and Rosario Dawson. ****, she ain't even got to be in it for all I care.

WeGetRing2012
07-09-2012, 03:31 AM
He wasn't that great during the last 3 playoff runs for the Cs. Remember his 0/13 game (?) and his bad Game 7 vs the Lakers in 2010

Kingwillball
07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Because when a duo of Lebron and Wade can create so many open shots for their teammates, a player like Ray Allen becomes the ultimate weapon.

Remember Miller and Battier consistently knocking down open 3 after open 3 after open 3 in the finals? Imagine that consistently happening game after game after game with Ray Allen.

This.. Anybody who doesnt think a HEalthy Ray Allen will be aHuge Weapon off bench on HEat is surely mistaken. He will Keep Defenses from Doubling Wade and Lebron and if they do or overcompensate when One of them drives or Posts up he will make the defense pay.

28renyoy
07-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Overreaction. He's not going to be much better than Miller or Jones were, who both shot above 40% from 3.

Mike Miller shot 45.3% from 3 last year and is a career 40.5% 3 point shooter.
He's one of the greatest 3 point shooter in history as well

SIRI1
07-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Overreaction. He's not going to be much better than Miller or Jones were, who both shot above 40% from 3.

Mike Miller shot 45.3% from 3 last year and is a career 40.5% 3 point shooter.
He's one of the greatest 3 point shooter in history as well
Difference is that Mike and James Jones cant do anything but catch and shoot while with Ray, you can run him off screens and the defense has to respect him and make sure they arent late on rotations with him. Its a whole new dimension of offense that will be added.

Dwade305
07-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Difference is that Mike and James Jones cant do anything but catch and shoot while with Ray, you can run him off screens and the defense has to respect him and make sure they arent late on rotations with him. Its a whole new dimension of offense that will be added.
I'll love to see James, or Wade, set double screens for a Ray 3, but that shit is not going to happen:oldlol: It will when the bench is on the floor, or an occasional "out of a time out" play where they throw the defense off(Which they do with JJ btw, idk where you get that he doesnt run off screens:oldlol: ) This aint the Celtics, Miami is ISO ball and the shooters can roam around. If bron or Wade find you, and feel like passing, Ray will get his buckets.

BoutPractice
07-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Still, even disregarding off-the-ball screens his ability to move without the ball makes him a far more dangerous threat than Miller and Jones. He's the ideal decoy.

Blue&Orange
07-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Because he doesn't need to do near as much on Miami... he could literally sit the whole regular season and watch them get the 1 seed, and walk into the playoffs 100% healthy and drain his wide open 3 pointers. Heat got a lot better with Ray Ray
This is funny because in other thread when i pointed out the obvious, outside of Lebron and Wade, it's nearly impossible to improve Miami 3 point shooting during the last Finals, heats fans all talk about how he could be important during the regular season... :rolleyes:

SIRI1
07-09-2012, 04:39 AM
I'll love to see James, or Wade, set double screens for a Ray 3, but that shit is not going to happen:oldlol: It will when the bench is on the floor, or an occasional "out of a time out" play where they throw the defense off(Which they do with JJ btw, idk where you get that he doesnt run off screens:oldlol: ) This aint the Celtics, Miami is ISO ball and the shooters can roam around. If bron or Wade find you, and feel like passing, Ray will get his buckets.
Slow ass James Jones runs around and off screens like Ray Allen? You cant be serious :oldlol:

It would make zero sense for the Heat to not add this to their offense and I doubt Ray would have signed with them had Spo and Riley not shown him just how they planned on using him.

Smoke117
07-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Throw a bunch of a morons, crunch that shit up, and throw it in the garbage and you well...you have this thread. I've seen a bunch of a clowns and morons post mostly. You can have it. There is no overtaking stupidity...it is too much of a powerful force. Eat shit and enjoy your the ridicule.

LakersReign
07-09-2012, 04:43 AM
The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 08:05 AM
The OP is scared :oldlol:

Rnbizzle
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Clearly OP and the other haters are mad. Ray Allen is the GOAT 3 point shooter and Lebron is one of the best playermakers/passers in the game. Wade is also an elite playmaker. Bosh is a very capable passer. If Mike Miller can make the difference in a finals game when he's basically unable to walk, imagine what Ray Ray can done on a consistent basis.

RRR3
07-09-2012, 11:27 AM
The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol
Holy shit at your new titles :roll: :roll: :roll:

stickfigure87
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
allen is the perfect player to pair alongside james. this will be scary.

FireDavidKahn
07-09-2012, 11:45 AM
No, this guy is God'sgift
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2011/12/godsgift.jpg

pegasus
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
This is funny because in other thread when i pointed out the obvious, outside of Lebron and Wade, it's nearly impossible to improve Miami 3 point shooting during the last Finals, heats fans all talk about how he could be important during the regular season... :rolleyes:

That's true, but the signing of Ray increases their chances of shooting like that again. It was a once-in-a-blue-moon type shooting, like the Mavs displayed last year against the Lakers in the playoffs, and it shouldn't happen that often. But adding Ray onto their already long list of sharp shooters, will definetely help them one way or another.

I still believe that they would have lost to the inexperienced OKC despite making a ridiculous amount of threes, had it not been for the refs. If Stern is satisfied with Lebron winning one ring, and moves on to helping others win, like Durant, Howard, etc., then Miami will be in trouble, because Wade and Lebron are still redundant and not that dominant without the calls they get.

comerb
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM

He won't even need to run off picks in Miami. He can just stand in a spot like Chalmers, Miller, and Battier do and get open looks.

RRR3
07-09-2012, 11:49 AM
That's true, but the signing of Ray increases their chances of shooting like that again. It was a once-in-a-blue-moon type shooting, like the Mavs displayed last year against the Lakers in the playoffs, and it shouldn't happen that often. But adding Ray onto their already long list of sharp shooters, will definetely help them one way or another.

I still believe that they would have lost to the inexperienced OKC while making a ridiculous amount of threes, had it not been for the refs. If Stern is satisfied with Lebron winning one ring, and moves on to helping others win, like Durant, Howard, etc., then Miami will be in trouble, because Wade and Lebron are still redundant and not that dominant without the calls they get.
You're never gonna stop crying over LeBron winning, are yoU? :roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
07-09-2012, 11:49 AM
He won't even need to run off picks in Miami. He can just stand in a spot like Chalmers, Miller, and Battier do and get open looks.
Chalmers can penetrate though, Miller and Battier can't. And Chalmers moves more than maybe any other Heat player w/o the ball

CelticBaller
07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
he isn't? :confusedshrug:

comerb
07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Ray should've gone elsewhere to play if he no longer wanted to play in Boston. In Miami now, he'll be the "hero" when they're winning, but the "goat" when they're losing. This is just yet another example of how pathetically two-faced Lebron fans are. They try to lie and say that Lakers fans were supposedly talking championship when we signed Sessions last year, and made a huge deal out of it when the Lakers were eliminated. Now cuz the Heat signed Ray, it's championship cruise Part 2? Sheer hypocrisy.:facepalm

Still asshurt as all hell about Miami's ring, aren't ya?

comerb
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Chalmers can penetrate though, Miller and Battier can't. And Chalmers moves more than maybe any other Heat player w/o the ball

They both have a little pump fake into a mid-range 2. Doesn't really matter, the point is Ray won't have to work for open looks as hard as he did in Boston.

pegasus
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
You're never gonna stop crying over LeBron winning, are yoU? :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol :lol at your attempt to change the meaning of your user name:roll: :roll:

"Randy Rhoads Rules":oldlol: :oldlol: It's "Triple Retard", just deal with it.:lol

Mr. Incredible
07-09-2012, 11:54 AM

I still believe that they would have lost to the inexperienced OKC despite making a ridiculous amount of threes, had it not been for the refs. If Stern is satisfied with Lebron winning one ring, and moves on to helping others win, like Durant, Howard, etc., then Miami will be in trouble, because Wade and Lebron are still redundant and not that dominant without the calls they get.LeBron will always be more dominant than Rose, I can tell you that much.

pegasus
07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
LeBron will always be more dominant than Rose, I can tell you that much.

Give Rose two years, and he will be as good as anyone in the league.

PJR
07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
He shot 45% from 3 on 5 attempts per game. Still a pretty darn good player. Still the best floor spacer in the league.

RRR3
07-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Give Rose two years, and he will be as good as anyone in the league.
He'll never be as good as LeBron. LeBron is one of the greatest players of all time, and it's a shame you're too busy hating to enjoy a once in a lifetime talent.

pegasus
07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
He'll never be as good as LeBron. LeBron is one of the greatest players of all time, and it's a shame you're too busy hating to enjoy a once in a lifetime talent.

I truly enjoyed him in game 4 against the Pacers and game 6 against the Celtics. He played his game without relying on the refs, flopping, etc. He resorted back to all that in the finals, hence my lack of respect. Plus, if he were once in a lifetime talent, he wouldn't have been on the most stacked team in the league, and still trying to recruit more talent.

Heart is a big part of the equation, whether you like it or not.

Pointguard
07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I won't say he's God's gift, but he certainly is Lebron's gift from the 3 point line.