PDA

View Full Version : Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite- How does he justify helping Nets?

niko
07-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Note: This is not an anti Nets topic (in no way should Net fans apologize for ripping Orlando off) nor an anti Cav topic (it's not a fans fault their owners are stupid, trust me - i know). This is about Dan Gilbert.

Dan Gilbert not only railed against the Lebron trade (for betraying him, blah blah) but also the fairness of it, the fact stars were teaming up, the fact it was bad for small markets, etc.

This also came out in his diatribe against the Chris Paul trade, which he again cited issues of fairness, etc.

Well guess what? Dan Gilbert is going to help the Nets facilitate bringing their two stars together in Brooklyn, and helping Dwight Howard make a fellow small market owner take it up the ass on his way out of town.

How exactly can he justify this? How much of a hypocrite is he? And note: if this in someway is a plan to hurt Lebron's chances, he is even stupider than i thought. Because he's putting up a huge roadblock to his own team, a team i'm assuming he'd like to contend at some point.

Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite. We already knew he was a bitter angry old man, i had no idea he had no integrity either. He can't even hold to his own (albeit misguided) principles.

Dear Dan - your job is to help Cleveland win, nothing else. Enjoy Humphries, the Nets beating your ass, Miami still beating your ass, and your high draft pick from last year not playing or developing this year as he sits on his ass. Oh, also enjoy Kylie Irving leaving in a few years because Cleveland can't compete with two juggernauts in the East instead of one.

Punpun
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
It has yet to be confirmed though. They only are frontrunner.

Faptastrophe
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Let's all write "scathing rebuke in comic sans" to Dan Gilbert.

All Net
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
It only make sense if they gets brooks and picks...

niko
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
It has yet to be confirmed though. They only are frontrunner.
Just that he would be participating is hypocritical. Did you read what he wrote or hear what he said?

He'd be the first owner to take a bad deal on purpose to screw an opposing player by making a team BETTER, not worse. :lol

NOHCP3
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
He'll say that he proclaims that Cleveland will win a championship before this self proclaimed "Superman" and then he'll write a letter to the commish saying that small market teams should never be allowed again to be the third team in trades

Optimus Prime
07-09-2012, 10:20 AM
A rant bases off of MULTIPLE SOURCES rumors ... :facepalm

Punpun
07-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Just that he would be participating is hypocritical. Did you read what he wrote or hear what he said?

Oh I know. That guy is a punk.

cavsfanatic
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Cavs won't be getting raped and we'll be getting better. We not trading anything worthy and will be getting Humphries and picks if the rumor is true. I'm glad you think Dan Gilbert is our gm though

niko
07-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh I know. That guy is a punk.
We all know how Lebron left Cleveland was ****ed up. (And i think it was more him being naive and poorly represented than malicious. He loves Cleveland.) But Gilbert's venom afterwards was a bit misguided and over the top. I understood it at the time, but it needed to be a 1 time thing. That he rallied so hard against the Laker/Paul trade but would help this?

:lol He's a clown.

Punpun
07-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Cavs won't be getting raped and we'll be getting better. We not trading anything worthy and will be getting Humphries and picks if the rumor is true. I'm glad you think Dan Gilbert is our gm though
The Owner is the one accepting trades.

niko
07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
He's your owner, he has to sign off on any expenditure your team makes. Any trade. Reality check, you think your GM makes trades and such and if the owner didn't like it, it would happen?

Punpun
07-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah, the bitch had the chance to consecutively draft highly talented kids like Lebron AND then, Kyrie. Dude, has his team already back in the po. And yet he continues to be a petty little child.

niko
07-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, the bitch had the chance to consecutively draft highly talented kids like Lebron AND then, Kyrie. Dude, has his team already back in the po. And yet he continues to be a petty little child.
I had heard he was trying to mend fences with Lebron in case Lebron won another title or two and decided, while he was young enough to do CLEVELAND II - UNFINISHED BUSINESS. Guess not.

DCL
07-09-2012, 10:40 AM
cuz dan gilbert is the ultimate douchbag of douchbags.

Warners0
07-09-2012, 10:46 AM
If getting involved in this trade makes his team better than why shouldn't they get involved. Ultimately its the players that are causing these super teams to form not owners like Gilbert.

b1imtf
07-09-2012, 11:13 AM
It only make sense if they gets brooks and picks...
I find it odd they're asking for Brooks after drafting Waiters

DukeDelonte13
07-09-2012, 11:49 AM
It's not happening.

Edit: and people hating on Gilbert are just plain idiots. He's a great owner. Clevelanders love him. Not one player, coach, or exec ever came out and said something negative about playing or working for the cavs. IF he was such an asshole, why did Z head right back to Cleveland after he retired?

An owner's job is to spend money and Gilbert does it without regard. I'm sure many other franchises out there WISH they would have an owner that actually gives a rat's ass about the clubs they own and is willing to spend money.

pegasus
07-09-2012, 11:54 AM

Brooks can start, and Waiters can provide a scoring punch off the bench, just like he did in collage. Makes sense.

CelticBaller
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
the enemy of my enemy is my friend :lol

tpols
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Knicksfans bout to be mad.:lol

jrong
07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Note: This is not an anti Nets topic (in no way should Net fans apologize for ripping Orlando off) nor an anti Cav topic (it's not a fans fault their owners are stupid, trust me - i know). This is about Dan Gilbert.

Dan Gilbert not only railed against the Lebron trade (for betraying him, blah blah) but also the fairness of it, the fact stars were teaming up, the fact it was bad for small markets, etc.

This also came out in his diatribe against the Chris Paul trade, which he again cited issues of fairness, etc.

Well guess what? Dan Gilbert is going to help the Nets facilitate bringing their two stars together in Brooklyn, and helping Dwight Howard make a fellow small market owner take it up the ass on his way out of town.

How exactly can he justify this? How much of a hypocrite is he? And note: if this in someway is a plan to hurt Lebron's chances, he is even stupider than i thought. Because he's putting up a huge roadblock to his own team, a team i'm assuming he'd like to contend at some point.

Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite. We already knew he was a bitter angry old man, i had no idea he had no integrity either. He can't even hold to his own (albeit misguided) principles.

Dear Dan - your job is to help Cleveland win, nothing else. Enjoy Humphries, the Nets beating your ass, Miami still beating your ass, and your high draft pick from last year not playing or developing this year as he sits on his ass. Oh, also enjoy Kylie Irving leaving in a few years because Cleveland can't compete with two juggernauts in the East instead of one.

That's exactly what it is about. But, I don't think it's stupid. He knows the Cavs are years away. In the meantime, he potentially foils LeBron-- I've long said that a team that pairs Howard with even a marginally elite perimeter player could rule the league, and Deron qualifies. And I said this with the Nets in mind without even considering that they'd have JJ too.

And then, by the time the Cavs could be in position to contend, both the Heat and Nets will be nearing the end of their eras of prospective dominance. So, he thwarts James by potentially creating an alternate dynasty-- one that he'd much prefer-- while the Cavs bide their time and get better until they have an opening to ascend in the East. Win-win.

Blue&Orange
07-09-2012, 02:56 PM

U know Gilbert did a sign and trade with the Heat for Lebron, right? He is just trying to improve his team.

iamgine
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Umm Dwight is gone anyways. The Magic is desperate in trading him. If anything Dan Gilbert helps Orlando move their unwanted piece.

KyrieTheFuture
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes how dare he acquire picks and assets in a trade that is going to happen regardless of whether or not his team is involved. Unforgivable.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 03:35 PM

What an idiotic post, from beginning to end. Howard has been completely forthright with Orlando and his desire to play elsewhere, so that automatically makes this completely nothing like what transpired with James. There is no comparison, really, which makes this sound like a bunch of pointless whining by a fan of a team who has nothing to do with this deal.

The complete details of the proposed deal have not been released, so I will reserve judgment until/if it happens... But if it makes the Cavs better, I'm all for it.

Btw, this is about improving the Cavs... Nothing more. And I doubt Gilbert is even all that involved with it. Chris Grant has complete control over personnel issues. Gilbert isn't Jerry Jones.

niko
07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
What an idiotic post, from beginning to end. Howard has been completely forthright with Orlando and his desire to play elsewhere, so that automatically makes this completely nothing like what transpired with James. There is no comparison, really, which makes this sound like a bunch of pointless whining by a fan of a team who has nothing to do with this deal.

The complete details of the proposed deal have not been released, so I will reserve judgment until/if it happens... But if it makes the Cavs better, I'm all for it.
Did you see his letter about Paul trade? How is this different?

NewYorkNoPicks
07-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Hes obviously doing this to stick it to LeBron, and rightfully so. I hate the nets, but i hate the Heat even more. If the Nets gets Howard they could potentially knock the CHeat off sometime in the playoffs

KyrieTheFuture
07-09-2012, 03:38 PM

A crap team is becoming a contender instead of a contender staying that way for 10 more years.

lilgodfather1
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
You're an idiot, and your opinion is not justified. It would make sense if Gilbert actually said "Chris Paul to the Lakers is not fair because it just hands them a championship". Sadly for your argument he didn't say that at all. He said that the trade would bring added salary to the Hornets, which would screw the 29 owners in the league because they owned the Hornets, and had to pay the cheques. It would also make the team a lot harder to sell to a new owner than another trade would.

Again idiotic thread.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
It is very sketchy right now, but I don't think they are asking for Brooks...

From what I'm hearing, the Cavs want Humphries. They have been searching for a 4th team that will take on Brooks for a first round pick (which would go to Orlando).

All very confusing at this point.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Couldn't care less about the Paul trade and none of us have any idea what this even entails, so as I said... I will reserve judgment until/if it is made... And so should you.

You are looking at this one way... Brooklyn gets Howard. That is all you care about and I can see why some outside fan wouldn't care what Orlando/Cleveland are getting in return... But I do care... A lot. Much more than wherever Dwight Howard lands.

Comparing this to the James situation is just silly. We received a trade exception for James. Orlando is looking at potentially 4 first round picks plus assets.

And, look what the Hornets received for Paul. They now have one of the brightest futures of any team in the league.

Blue&Orange
07-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Hes obviously doing this to stick it to LeBron, and rightfully so. I hate the nets, but i hate the Heat even more. If the Nets gets Howard they could potentially knock the CHeat off sometime in the playoffs
Knicks can potentially knock the Heat, if the Nets get Howard they will beat the Heat.

People are really underrating the Nets. D-Will when motivated is deadly as anyone in the league as we Knicks fan saw in his rematch with Lin. JJ is perfect as a second or third option, take away the pressure of being the man from his shoulders and he will produce, plus Howard and Crash? The only question mark is depth.

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Couldn't care less about the Paul trade and none of us have any idea what this even entails, so as I said... I will reserve judgment until/if it is made... And so should you.

You are looking at this one way... Brooklyn gets Howard. That is all you care about and I can see why some outside fan wouldn't care what Orlando/Cleveland are getting in return... But I do care... A lot. Much more than wherever Dwight Howard lands.

Comparing this to the James situation is just silly. We received a trade exception for James. Orlando is looking at potentially 4 first round picks plus assets.

And, look what the Hornets received for Paul. They now have one of the brightest futures of any team in the league.

If the Cavs want Humphries, why not sign him to a deal that is actually worthwhile instead of a 1 year, slap-to-your-face kind of contract, as it is being reported?

As a Cavs fan, wouldn't you rather give Thompson MORE playing time to develop, rather than take significant time away?

CavaliersFTW
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Note: This is not an anti Nets topic (in no way should Net fans apologize for ripping Orlando off) nor an anti Cav topic (it's not a fans fault their owners are stupid, trust me - i know). This is about Dan Gilbert.Dan Gilbert not only railed against the Lebron trade (for betraying him, blah blah) but also the fairness of it, the fact stars were teaming up, the fact it was bad for small markets, etc.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255389

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
If the Cavs want Humphries, why not sign him to a deal that is actually worthwhile instead of a 1 year, slap-to-your-face kind of contract, as it is being reported?

As a Cavs fan, wouldn't you rather give Thompson MORE playing time to develop, rather than take significant time away?
If I were to guess, we are taking on Humphries, not as as a long-term piece, but as a trading block to make another deal down the road. And, no... I don't want to sign him to an overblown contract that he isn't worth for exactly that reason.

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Knicks can potentially knock the Heat, if the Nets get Howard they will beat the Heat.

People are really underrating the Nets. D-Will when motivated is deadly as anyone in the league as we Knicks fan saw in his rematch with Lin. JJ is perfect as a second or third option, take away the pressure of being the man from his shoulders and he will produce, plus Howard and Crash? The only question mark is depth.

Knicks bringing back virtually the same team, while Miami, who won the championship, improve their team, and that somehow translates into the Knicks potential to beat the Heat?

Care to explain? I'm going to assume you'll say a healthy Lin + Shumpert = great chances to dethrone Lebron and co.?

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 04:05 PM
If I were to guess, we are taking on Humphries, not as as a long-term piece, but as a trading block to make another deal down the road. And, no... I don't want to sign him to an overblown contract that he isn't worth for exactly that reason.

Which then brings me back to my point earlier today:

Who the **** does Humphries have representing him? He's a unrestricted free agent for God's sake!!!! Why are you signing another 1 year deal for a team that's main objective is to just trade you at best chance?!! You are a free agent for a reason, to obtain financial security and direct the path of your immediate future, why are you allowing yourself to be a pawn in the Net's, Cavs, and Dwight's game of checkers???

Doesn't make sense. I knew he was a asshole, but damn I didn't think he was a dumbass. Get new representation cotdamn :facepalm

jrong
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Knicks can potentially knock the Heat

I agree. The Knicks with Melo, a healthy Amare, J-Lin, J-Kidd (who will mentor J-Lin), a Chandler-Camby center combo, and keeping Shumpert may be downright formidable.

Meanwhile, the Heat only added Ray, who isn't that much of an upgrade over Miller (what you gain in shooting, you lose in rebounding and playmaking). And they continue to do nothing about their interior.

Blue&Orange
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Knicks bringing back virtually the same team, while Miami, who won the championship, improve their team, and that somehow translates into the Knicks potential to beat the Heat?

Care to explain? I'm going to assume you'll say a healthy Lin + Shumpert = great chances to dethrone Lebron and co.?
Ray Allen great improvement :rolleyes: It's not like Miami 3 point shooting outside the big 3, was already almost perfect during the finals.

Knicks virtually the same team? Ok. Good to know.

Let me put this as simple as i can... if the Knicks were 100% healthy and with a full season behind them and the Heat starting five played only 7 games together and had the same amount of injuries the Knicks had, there's no chance in hell, i repeat, there's no chance in hell, the Heat gets out of the first round.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Which then brings me back to my point earlier today:

Who the **** does Humphries have representing him? He's a unrestricted free agent for God's sake!!!! Why are you signing another 1 year deal for a team that's main objective is to just trade you at best chance?!! You are a free agent for a reason, to obtain financial security and direct the path of your immediate future, why are you allowing yourself to be a pawn in the Net's, Cavs, and Dwight's game of checkers???

Doesn't make sense. I knew he was a asshole, but damn I didn't think he was a dumbass. Get new representation cotdamn :facepalm
I will agree that I don't know what the hell Humphries and his team are thinking, here... I'm just glad we probably aren't the ones that are going to have to overpay for this guy, though. Even if we were to sign him to, say, a 4 year deal, I believe it would still be used as a trading chip later on.

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Ray Allen great improvement :rolleyes: It's not like Miami 3 point shooting outside the big 3, was already almost perfect during the finals.

Knicks virtually the same team? Ok. Good to know.

Let me put this as simple as i can... if the Knicks were 100% healthy and with a full season behind them and the Heat starting five played only 7 games together and had the same amount of injuries the Knicks had, there's no chance in hell, i repeat, there's no chance in hell, the Heat gets out of the first round.

I'm from NY, so I've learned a long time ago it's futile to argue with Knicks fans.

Same shit, different off-season.

bagelred
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
we know he's a hypocrite. as soon as they lost Lebron "small markets can't compete" :oldlol: the guy is a tool.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
we know he's a hypocrite. as soon as they lost Lebron "small markets can't compete" :oldlol: the guy is a tool.
Even though his argument made no sense as it relates to this situation... And Chris Grant is the guy pulling the strings for the Cavs, not Dan Gilbert.

But, whatever makes you feel better.

UtahJazzFan88
07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Even though his argument made no sense as it relates to this situation... And Chris Grant is the guy pulling the strings for the Cavs, not Dan Gilbert.

But, whatever makes you feel better.

I was about to say this, and maybe the Cavs actually you know, want to make their team get better?

Blue&Orange
07-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm from NY, so I've learned a long time ago it's futile to argue with Knicks fans.

Same shit, different off-season.
You started the argument idiot, and now you are telling me it's futile do argue?

Take you owned ass out of here.

KyrieTheFuture
07-09-2012, 04:20 PM
The Knicks fans in this thread are so hilarious.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2012, 04:23 PM
I was about to say this, and maybe the Cavs actually you know, want to make their team get better?
Knicks fans appear to be concerned about one thing... No longer being the best team in New York City. All this other stuff is window dressing.

They couldn't care less what the Cavs/Magic are getting in return or why this might be a good deal for all involved.

(not all Knicks fans, btw, but most in this thread)

blacknapalm
07-09-2012, 04:25 PM
what i don't get is why they're going after hump after they passed up on robinson in the draft. hump is just a lesser version of robinson, especially if you're gong to factor in their contracts.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't think the Cavs have facilitated the trade yet,

KyrieTheFuture
07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
what i don't get is why they're going after hump after they passed up on robinson in the draft. hump is just a lesser version of robinson, especially if you're gong to factor in their contracts.

Cause we're not gonna keep him

blacknapalm
07-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Cause we're not gonna keep him

so you're signing him to a one year trade contract for what? a trade asset for future picks? a shot at the 8th seed?

Mr. Incredible
07-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Only Dan Gilbert.....gift wrapping a superstar to a team in his own conference at the expense of trying to stop LeBron from winning.

Funny thing is, it won't work!
:applause:

jrong
07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Only Dan Gilbert.....gift wrapping a superstar to a team in his own conference at the expense of trying to stop LeBron from winning.

I don't know about that. Howard still gave Miami fits even when he was playing with nobody. Now he'd have Deron and JJ. Plus the Nets have other pieces, and the Heat continue to do not a damn thing about the center position.

Pink Tigress
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM

I have a feeling there is a diabolical plan here at work that is more about making a statement than trying to get back at Lebron.

Nets fan 93
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Hmm. Probably coz his team gets a draft pick as well as cash for a player that could be signed without that. Why not welcome the cash and pick? C'mon...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-09-2012, 05:47 PM

wont work at all...Lebron and heat will rule the Eastern conference for a long time

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Hmm. Probably coz his team gets a draft pick as well as cash for a player that could be signed without that. Why not welcome the cash and pick? C'mon...

or how about trying to improve his team right way and then try to win some...him helping the team and making them dangerous means he has no interest in winning...

R.I.P.
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Why not? The Cavs get more out of this deal for nothing than they got for LeBron.

The Nets should just send Lopez to the Cavs, too. The deal already looks like the Cavs are trading Howard not the Magic. :roll:

Jax
07-09-2012, 06:02 PM
So he's gonna help the Nets and Lakers fans stay mad? Why not?
Let's not act like this is not about the Lakers staying salty.

GOBB
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Brooks can start, and Waiters can provide a scoring punch off the bench, just like he did in collage. Makes sense.

Yeah you draft a guy in a deep class 4th overall and use him as a bench player over a guy who went late first in a weak draft. Makes sense. No really. :facepalm

G-train
07-09-2012, 07:09 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#002b60]In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

[B]"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 07:12 PM
You started the argument idiot, and now you are telling me it's futile do argue?

Take you owned ass out of here.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261321

[QUOTE=Blue&Orange]Where was the great Heat defense when the game was 31-29 with Melo having a bad game?

Let me guess Heat "decided" to raise the effort when the refs started screwing up... amazing coincidence?

:applause: :applause:

JR gets hacked going to the basket by two players, no call, just a couple of minutes later Chalmers misses an open layup and gets a call when nobody touched him.

Lebron bullying Melo in every play, getting away with every type of contact, Lebron flops and Melo is called for a push off? Are you kidding me, even JVG said he would stop talking right there

G-train
07-09-2012, 07:13 PM

The OP is talking about principles not benefits.

RazorBaLade
07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
no he isnt. He set out to specifically not help the lakers. thewhole big market thing is a sham.

people are tired of us winning.

Freedom Kid7
07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
The amount of incompetence Gilbert has is amazing. Couldn't get anyone to play alongside LeBron that wasn't either washed up or garbage. To be fair, I don't blame him for that letter he wrote that was anti-Lebron. He was pissed, it just happened, kind of one of those heat of the moment deals. Was it the wrong thing to do? Yes. Is it understandable why he did it? Yes. However, his bitchfest toward the CP3 trade was pretty childish and this has made it all the worst. I hope Cleveland can get a different owner. This guy is awful.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. I doubt he gives that much of a damn about his team anymore.

LJJ
07-09-2012, 07:50 PM
It's extremely funny and ironic how mad Knicks fans are at this.

When Carmelo Anthony acts like a bitch ass spoiled brat and forces his team to trade him to the Knicks (and only to the Knicks), everything is normal NBA business. Carmelo was going to leave Denver anyway, they still got a little something (Raymond Felton) in return, so no one can complain right?
Then when Dwight Howard does the exact same they are outraged and it's the most unfair trade ever.

Hey guess what assholes? The Carmelo situation was literally the exact same thing. Right down to the unwarranted involvement of a third team. I guess they are just mad that if this deal goes through, the Knicks are the clear second rate team in New York.

RedBlackAttack
07-10-2012, 02:57 AM
This was never about the Cavs wanting Humphries, which is why it has now stalled. The Cavs wanted Humphries to re-sign with the Nets for one year and they were going to do a sign-and-trade for him simply as a favor to the Nets, which would then "make the money right" and facilitate the trade of Howard. For the Cavs doing this, they were going to be repaid by getting a first round pick.

A wrench has been thrown into it exactly because the Cavs don't want to invest much of anything into Humphries. He wants a multi-year deal and the Cavs want nothing to do with that. They just likely wanted to let him expire after one season or use him as a chip in some other deal.

It was all about doing the Nets a solid and in return getting another draft pick.

RedBlackAttack
07-10-2012, 02:59 AM
This wouldn't surprise me at all. I doubt he gives that much of a damn about his team anymore.
Oh, yeah... Clearly not. Even though he basically bought the Clippers' pick last year for $20 million (which became Kyrie) and did it again this year by taking on Walton's contract in that Sessions deal that brought them an additional late draft pick (ultimately became Zeller).

He's handing out money like this is Monopoly... And was about to do it again for Humphries just to get an additional draft pick in 2013.

But, he doesn't give a damn about the team, right? :oldlol:

Gilbert is exactly the kind of owner that every franchise should want and that has nothing to do with any of the nonsense you are talking about. It is because he is willing to spend money to improve the team.

Idiot.