PDA

View Full Version : Camby Is Exactly What is Wrong With the NBA

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
The man throws away a ring because of money. Now he is going to a team that is the sacrificial lamb of the 1st round. And he isn't even starting :oldlol: Camby is the reason nba players have a rep of only caring about money. This guy is a disgrace

chazzy
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Make more threads about it

CelticBaller
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Not hoping on the bandwagon for less money is bad for the league? :lol

Noof
Yeah why doesn't every player go to the heat for the minimum?

Faptastrophe
Who doesn't want money, though? He's old.. has to think about the future of him and his family after retirement.

AceManIII
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-mad-that-you.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Pushxx
07-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to play with the Miami Heat? They are widely hated.

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

He did what he wanted to do.

DurantFor40
Which is why Westbrook >>>>>

All he cares about is winning. :cheers:

:applause:

SilkkTheShocker
Make more threads about it
No one forced you to reply

dontgetchoked
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
The man throws away a ring because of money. Now he is going to a team that is the sacrificial lamb of the 1st round. And he isn't even starting :oldlol: Camby is the reason nba players have a rep of only caring about money. This guy is a disgrace
lol so youre mad he didnt go to the heat? why should every free agent go there? if they wanted him so bad they should have signed him for more money instead of getting ray. He has the choice to go where he wants, why wouldnt he try to get more money, especially since this might be his last contract?
:coleman:

TMT
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes: It's not like he joined the damn Bobcats. With the right chemistry the Knicks could be a force in the East. Jesus Christ, overreact much?

Stop crying because he didn't want a free ride to a couple rings for the vet minimum in Miami.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Not hoping on the bandwagon for less money is bad for the league? :lol
He chose money over the chance to win a title. Turned it down to be a backup on a bottom feeder

Qwyjibo
07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Ring = selfish
Money = smart

More money will provide for generations of his family and friends. A ring is nothing more than personal pride/accomplishment plus joy to the fans. Why would any reasonable person sacrifice money for that in today's world?

These kinds of threads are so beyond stupid that a quick summary response is that all it deserves.

FUTURE NEGGED (repeatedly)

Tenchi Ryu
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

red1
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Camby is getting that last paycheque, doesn't give a f*ck what 16 year olds have to say on messageboards.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Camby is getting that last paycheque, doesn't give a f*ck what 16 year olds have to say on messageboards.
Camb obviously doesn't give a shit about winning either :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I am forced to agree with this assessment.

Derka
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Another thread?! You rival Pauk in terms of sheer anger.

CLTHornets4eva
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
:rolleyes: It's not like he joined the damn Bobcats.

:no:

What's wrong with that? It would be the least pretentious destination possible, being a mentor for a young team.

Playing in NYC is an obvious attention grab, make one last paycheck and some news before he hangs up his old bones. Its not like they are the best team in the state. No winning in NYC, just empty attention.

Droid101
07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah why doesn't every player go to the heat for the minimum?
Bingo.

KG215
07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Might be time to put this dumbass on ignore.

Nash
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I have nothing against Camby going for the money and living is the best city in the world.

But I have nothing against guys like Ray Allen who after all these years still prove to us that they are in it for the love of the game and not money.

JohnnySic
07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The_8a741e_1818535.jpg

guy
07-09-2012, 09:07 PM
He chose money over the chance to win a title. Turned it down to be a backup on a bottom feeder

What self-gratification would Camby, and Ray Allen especially, have winning a title with this team? Thats what I don't get. They could sit on the Heat bench the whole year and no one would be surprised if the Heat won a title. Maybe Camby didn't want to go cause he didn't feel like it would mean anything to him if he won with that team?

GoRapz
07-09-2012, 09:10 PM

I would love to see you turn down 13 mill guaranteed

Droid101
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I have nothing against Camby going for the money and living is the best city in the world.

But I have nothing against guys like Ray Allen who after all these years still prove to us that they are in it for the love of the game and not money.
**** you. If you love the game, you do NOT sign with the Heat.

SevereUpInHere
07-09-2012, 09:15 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: Dat Gif

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 09:15 PM
**** you. If you love the game, you do NOT sign with the Heat.
Stupid reply ^^^

lilgodfather1
07-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Garbage mentality. He doesn't care about winning, just wants to have fun apparently. He'll fit right in with the Shitkerbockers.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Garbage mentality. He doesn't care about winning, just wants to have fun apparently. He'll fit right in with the Shitkerbockers.
Exactly. The guy is a loser. I don't even want him on the heat anymore

BlackVVaves
07-09-2012, 09:23 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/299/962/484.jpg

Replay32
07-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't understand this thread. As free agent Camby has the right to test the market and do what's best for him.

Dwyane Rose
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM

Isn't that the goal of life though? To have fun?

Kurosawa0
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't turn down 3 years and $13 million to sign the minimum either. The Knicks are going to be a playoff team and are paying him more. Miami may have been able to get Camby if they'd went after him like they did Ray.

Horde of Temujin
07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Come again? Maybe he didnt want to go join a loaded team that just won it all and play for a team whose fans adore him and show up before the second quarter.

Whats wrong with the kids these days. Man, there are so many good hip hop artists out there but theyre hooked on garbage like silk.

The Choken One
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
OP is at most 15 years old and is probably borderline retarded.

jamal99
07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Guy chose more money over signing for Heat, real scumbag move...

NYK_Stan
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
:facepalm

Faberg
07-09-2012, 10:52 PM
:D OP is mad.

Sarcastic
07-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow. You are really really mad about this. Don't hurt any small animals about it though, ok?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61btpw7Sh1qdcx64.gif

bluechox2
07-09-2012, 10:57 PM
:lol camby is gonna be huge in NY again

i remember when he played for us, he was one of my favs along with spree

dude was the reason we went to the finals

hes gonna dominate our rebounding with ty and gives amare a rest from rebounding when he used to be the only big on the floor

d.bball.guy
07-09-2012, 10:59 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/op%20is%20gay/grand/op-is-gay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1501.jpg

Rowe
07-09-2012, 11:01 PM
OP mad as hell.

Blame a guy for not signing for the minimum to play less minutes on the Heat than he would on trying to beat the Heat with the Knicks.

Competing for 3 years to win a ring is far smarter than riding out a 1 year deal in Miami. Look what happened to Erick Dampier after he tried to ride the Heat bandwagon.

Nelson14
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
might as well get paid

niko
07-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Does OP know Camby played here before? Went to the finals? Was drafted by our GM?

Oh wait, OP is bandwagon heat fan, NBA started 2 years ago.

Rowe
07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Does OP know Camby played here before? Went to the finals? Was drafted by our GM?

Oh wait, OP is bandwagon heat fan, NBA started 2 years ago.
+ he still lives here.

Rake2204
07-10-2012, 12:26 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/op%20is%20gay/grand/op-is-gay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1501.jpg
Still makes me laugh.

rawimpact
07-10-2012, 12:32 AM
OP must've been born in the 90s... you would rather have players bandwagon and have lopsided conference(s)? weak stuff

sick_brah07
07-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Ring = selfish
Money = smart

More money will provide for generations of his family and friends. A ring is nothing more than personal pride/accomplishment plus joy to the fans. Why would any reasonable person sacrifice money for that in today's world?

These kinds of threads are so beyond stupid that a quick summary response is that all it deserves.

FUTURE NEGGED (repeatedly)

hell id choose the money even if it ment playing with the bobcats

Scholar
07-10-2012, 12:47 AM
I bet if he signed with a contender, someone (possibly OP's gay ass) would call him a ring chaser, mocking him for doing what many old players have done . . . And even some young ones in the Miami Heat's case.

So either way, Camby would be in a lose-lose situation. Either be mocked for chasing a ring or mocked for not accepting a pay cut to be a non-existent bench player for a possible contender.

Meticode
07-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Wow,

I cannot believe you're making more threads about Camby. Either you're hardcore trolling/baiting or it's just sad.

Draz
07-10-2012, 01:01 AM
I bet if he signed with a contender, someone (possibly OP's gay ass) would call him a ring chaser, mocking him for doing what many old players have done . . . And even some young ones in the Miami Heat's case.

So either way, Camby would be in a lose-lose situation. Either be mocked for chasing a ring or mocked for not accepting a pay cut to be a non-existent bench player for a possible contender.

nashwade
07-10-2012, 01:03 AM
I thought players go for money when they are young. chase rings when they are old. this guy is doing it the wrong way

Jasper
07-10-2012, 01:35 AM
props :D

DaSeba5
07-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Didn't you already make this thread?

imdaman99
07-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Exactly. The guy is a loser. I don't even want him on the heat anymore
Which is why you're gonna make another thread about it tomorrow? Bleed some more from your 14 yr old vajina :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Which is why you're gonna make another thread about it tomorrow? Bleed some more from your 14 yr old vajina :roll:
"vajina"? Lmao at this retard. The word is v-a-g-i-n-a. At least spell it right, moron

G-train
07-10-2012, 01:51 AM
+ he still lives here.

He lives in Texas.

knickswin
07-10-2012, 02:40 AM
is riding lebron and dwade for a ring really that satisfying?

G-train
07-10-2012, 02:45 AM
is riding lebron and dwade for a ring really that satisfying?

seems to be

ripthekik
07-10-2012, 03:17 AM
OP is the epitome of a Heat/Lebron fan
:roll: :roll: :roll:
best way to win = teaming up the best players
I'm gonna tell you, your ring don't mean shiit man.

JtotheIzzo
07-10-2012, 03:33 AM

The OP is EXACTLY what is wrong with ISH. Dumbass reactionary who in his defiant retardation believes the NBA started at the exact moment be began to give a f*ck.

Yes, we all hate guys who have on more than one occasion been top two in rebounding and blocks while making several appearances on the All Defensive team.

What a dick, how dare he rejoin a NYKs team where he had great success and a trip to the finals with, HOW DARE HE play in the biggest market in the league, HOW DARE HE collect one more check in his mid-late 30s to secure his future.

HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kNIOKAS
07-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Camby has been irrelevant since forever. Double digits rebounder, once DPOY, some all defensive teams and nobody ever mentioned him as a presence factor. Just another guy on another team. He should have amounted to more and made a name for himself, he's in the league for shitload of years. Empty stats guy if I seen one... Now signing for another team to play irrelevant minutes. Oh, yeah...

Ketchup
07-10-2012, 04:00 AM
So you're hating on someone for wanting more money to do their job?

Yeah, I can't believe Bill Gates is still wanting to make billions instead of going to a minor software company and making next to nothing...

Same with anybody. Can't believe anybody asks for more money from their employer.

Nash
07-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Its not about money, at this point Camby has been in the league for 17 years. He had a decision to make, either try to finally reach the mountain top in his own profession or as an already filthy rich man make even more money in New York and be a a reserve to Chandler in the process.

Look, nobody is saying taking money is wrong, but you guys have to understand that Camby is not your regular guy and has already made shitloads of money.

What did the teams try to sell him on? Here are his 2 choices:

Potential championship with Heat: Take less money, start for the Heat and be a reserve to nobody. Finally reach the mountain top after all these years in the league.

Taking the money with Knicks: Very likely not going to win a championship while being a bench warmer to Tyson Chandler.

coin24
07-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Its not about money, at this point Camby has been in the league for 17 years. He had a decision to make, either try to finally reach the mountain top in his own profession or as an already filthy rich man make even more money in New York and be a a reserve to Chandler in the process.

Look, nobody is saying taking money is wrong, but you guys have to understand that Camby is not your regular guy and has already made shitloads of money.

What did the teams try to sell him on? Here are his 2 choices:

Potential championship with Heat: Take less money, start for the Heat and be a reserve to nobody. Finally reach the mountain top after all these years in the league.

Taking the money with Knicks: Very likely not going to win a championship while being a bench warmer to Tyson Chandler.

Maybe at age 38 he doesnt want to start, and maybe he doesnt want to play heavy minutes in a faster tempo in Miami.
Backing up Chandler in a city he likes, with former teammates that he is friends with, on twice the money and not in the firing line of Heat haters:lol Seems like an easy choice...

Also not sure if youve noticed, but a lot of players in the league dont exactly like the Heat..

Plus not everyone is obsessed with the "mountain peak" or "legacy" etc etc. Winning a ring on a team you just joined for 1 season and barely played for is pathetic. No one remembers Payton on the Heat for example. He is remembered for his amazing play in Seattle..
Just like Camby will be remembered for being on the Knicks and Nuggets...

Anyone on here actually watch the 99 finals? I was rooting for the Knicks so hard, fu*king hated the Spurs!!! Im glad Camby is going back to the Knicks:applause: