PDA

View Full Version : Kobe firing shots

RazorBaLade
07-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Kobe: "This is my 17th summer. I can't think of any NBA player who's done it at this high level for this long."

StacksOnDeck
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM
is he lying?

eliteballer
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM
How are those shots fired?:rolleyes:

L.Kizzle
07-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Kobe: "This is my 17th summer. I can't think of any NBA player who's done it at this high level for this long."
Garnett last season? :confusedshrug:

BuffaloBill
GOATbe :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

1987_Lakers
Kareem is livid.

Chrono90
07-10-2012, 01:13 AM
He might not be the only player but there's really not too many. Not even a handful

Poetry
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1oCvOtxoTFI/SGPRhvqo7-I/AAAAAAAACsw/62mKdDrChoE/s320/malonebryant.jpg

rhythmic

What? Garnett isn't even top 10 anymore. Kobe is still arguably the best SG in the game and is easily top 10.

rhythmic
Kareem is livid.

and Karl Malone.

OldSchoolBBall
07-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Dude is the ultimate self-promoter. So freaking arrogant. From dubbing himself "the mamba" (usually fans give you a nickname, but Kobe gave himself one :rolleyes: ), to the thinly veiled shots at Jordan by saying stuff like "well if I had a Scottie Pippen..." - dude is just ridiculous and obnoxious.

And guess what, Kobe - you DIDN'T do it at "this high level" for 16 years. You weren't great until your 4th season first of all, and second of all, last season was nothing to write home about. You also went out like a bitch in '11, getting swept while averaging just 23 ppg/45% FG against 73 year old Jason Kidd.

Dude might want to check Malone and KAJ out also.

BankShot
07-10-2012, 01:19 AM

I saw that on ESPN earlier... and while it may be true, my only thought is 'Why would he just say that without provocation??'

He's obviously an all-time great, but where did that kind of comment even come from?? I know its a different era where at any time, anybody can be heard by hundreds of thousands of people instantly via the internet.... but where did that come from?? Was it directed at someone else or was there a point other than self-aggrandizing??

Very perplexing.

B
07-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Dude is the ultimate self-promoter. So freaking arrogant. From dubbing himself "the mamba" (usually fans give you a nickname, but Kobe gave himself one :rolleyes: ), to the thinly veiled shots at Jordan by saying stuff like "well if I had a Scottie Pippen..." - dude is just ridiculous and obnoxious.

And guess what, Kobe - you DIDN'T do it at "this high level" for 16 years. You weren't great until your 4th season first of all, and second of all, last season was nothing to write home about. You also went out like a bitch in '11, getting swept while averaging just 23 ppg/45% FG against 73 year old Jason Kidd.

You really need to get a life

rhythmic
07-10-2012, 01:22 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9075880.jpg

kennethgriffin
Kareem is livid.

kareem only averaged 22/8/2 in his 16th season

he was a 1st team all nba'r but not at the level kobe is right now ( plus kareem wasnt all defensive... kobe is still )

kareem wasnt one of the leagues top 3 players at age 37... sorry... kobe in his 17th season may verry well lead the league in scoring if he wanted

kareem didnt average over 23 points since his 12th season

kobe bryant =

13th season: 27ppg
14th season: 27ppg
15th season: 25ppg
16th season: 28ppg

sorry but kobe is at a slightly higher level than kareem pace wise.

CelticBaller
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
07-10-2012, 01:23 AM
I saw that on ESPN earlier... and while it may be true, my only thought is 'Why would he just say that without provocation??'

He's obviously an all-time great, but where did that kind of comment even come from?? I know its a different era where at any time, anybody can be heard by hundreds of thousands of people instantly via the internet.... but where did that come from?? Was it directed at someone else or was there a point other than self-aggrandizing??

Very perplexing.

What was the conext?
What did the reporter ask him?
Can someone please show the entire conversation.

swag2011
07-10-2012, 01:23 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: You are so mad right now i can't stop laughing lol. Ahh, Kobe, been making hoes like you mad since 96. Stay pressed boy, stay pressed.:cheers:

rhythmic
07-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Garnett is still arguably a top 5 center right now :lol

No doubt, I'd only take Bynum and Howard over him.
KG is still a beast, I just don't think he's on the same level as Kobe anymore.

Am I wrong bro?

Poetry
07-10-2012, 01:26 AM

Hate to bring this up, but you're completely ignoring field goal percentage.

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:27 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1oCvOtxoTFI/SGPRhvqo7-I/AAAAAAAACsw/62mKdDrChoE/s320/malonebryant.jpg

malone 16th year = 23/4 ( 3rd team all nba )
kobe 16th year = 28/5 ( 1st team all nba, 2nd team all defense )

malone 17th year = 22/4 ( no all nba team )
kobe 17th year = will more than likely sh*t on this

LakersReign
07-10-2012, 01:27 AM

Like "the Fans" gave Lebron the nicknames of "chosen one and king james?" Like how the fans tattooed "chosen one" on Lebron?:rolleyes:

Uh huh:facepalm

andgar923
07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
I'ma give him his props cause he deserves it.

He is one of the most dedicated players of all time, and has clearly worked harder than most of his peers.

Having said that, bookmark this post and thread.

Let's hope he doesn't jinx himself with that statement.

THE biggest reason why he's lasted longer than most is because he hasn't had a serious injury that couldn't be fixed (kobe fans please re-read before you go into a rage).

I don't understand the context of his answer so it's unfair of me to criticize him for it. But what I mentioned still stands... luck has played a huge role in his longevity. Every player is one serious injury away from derailing their career.

Watch your words Kobe.

BankShot
07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

andgar923
07-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Like "the Fans" gave Lebron the nicknames of "chosen one and king james?" Like how the fans tattooed "chosen one" on Lebron?:rolleyes:

Uh huh:facepalm

:roll:

You never disappoint.

YOu've become a farce of yourself.

Deuce Bigalow

He is one of the most dedicated players of all time, and has clearly worked harder than most of his peers.

THE biggest reason why he's lasted longer than most is because he hasn't had a serious injury that couldn't be fixed (kobe fans please re-read before you go into a rage).

I don't understand the context of his answer so it's unfair of me to criticize him for it. But what I mentioned still stands... luck has played a huge role in his longevity. Every player is one serious injury away from derailing their career.

Watch your words Kobe.
"A top 25 player of all-time"

Right? That's what you said

:oldlol:

BankShot
Its too bad there are too many homers and haters to have a rational discussion about his statement... and its even more disappointing that there isn't a context to his comments because without that there is nothing to discuss.

Poetry
malone 16th year = 23/4 ( 3rd team all nba )
kobe 16th year = 28/5 ( 1st team all nba, 2nd team all defense )

malone 17th year = 22/4 ( no all nba team )
kobe 17th year = will more than likely sh*t on this

So you're going to ignore field goal percentage and Karl Malone's rebounding?

andgar923
07-10-2012, 01:31 AM
"A top 25 player of all-time"

Right? That's what you said

What the f*ck does that have to do with anything?

Do you not agree that any player is one serious injury away from derailing their career?

Or are you that devastatingly stupid?

TDownpour
07-10-2012, 01:32 AM
I hate Kobe, but he's right :facepalm :mad:

Jasper
07-10-2012, 01:32 AM

translation : It took me this long to do what others have done before :coleman:

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Hate to bring this up, but you're completely ignoring field goal percentage.

hate to bring this up... but fg% is subjective to the position and shot selection and size of a player

hense... a guard whos 6-6 and shooting a ton of threes will no doubt shoot a lower field goal percentage than a center than shoots no farther than 8 feet from the basket and scores mostly on put backs and layups

LakersReign
07-10-2012, 01:33 AM
:roll:

You never disappoint.

YOu've become a farce of yourself.

The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

Oh...wait....aren't all you morons supposed to be "ignoring" me? Uh huh. That one only lasted for like a few hours, as expected. Stop embarrassing yourself even further:roll:

KyrieTheFuture
07-10-2012, 01:34 AM
How anyone can like Kobe as a person is beyond me. Dude probably ****s his wife in front of a mirror so he can check himself out American Psycho style. That being said, he's kinda right I mean except for his first few years he's been pretty consistent. He has the benefit of starting much younger and having medical procedures no other great had access to but that's life. **** happens.

B
07-10-2012, 01:35 AM
So you're going to ignore field goal percentage and Karl Malone's rebounding?Wait you're needing to compare FG% of a PF that played within the paint and had over 60% of his shots assisted to a wing man that creates shots for himself to make your point? You've already lost the debate if that's the case.

rhythmic
07-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Its too bad there are too many homers and haters to have a rational discussion about his statement... and its even more disappointing that there isn't a context to his comments because without that there is nothing to discuss.

You are one of my favorite posters.
Always objective, and a bright basketball mind.

Keep it up bro!

fpliii
07-10-2012, 01:36 AM
hate to bring this up... but fg% is subjective to the position and shot selection and size of a player

hense... a guard whos 6-6 and shooting a ton of threes will no doubt shoot a lower field goal percentage than a center than shoots no farther than 8 feet from the basket and scores mostly on put backs and layups

what's good griff :cheers:

finally came back?

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:37 AM

again... its subjective

a power forward is supposed to shoot a higher fg% than a guard

a power forward is supposed to rebound more than a guard

its almost impossible to compare their percentages... the only true way to define a player is how big of a role they have and how good their team is because of it...

kobe has an elite league leading production type role on a team that is always a top 3 seed he always makes 1st team all nba

this is more telling that of where a player is

Deuce Bigalow
How anyone can like Kobe as a person is beyond me. Dude probably ****s his wife in front of a mirror so he can check himself out American Psycho style. That being said, he's kinda right I mean except for his first few years he's been pretty consistent. He has the benefit of starting much younger and having medical procedures no other great had access to but that's life. **** happens.

PickernRoller

http://i50.tinypic.com/sb3n0g.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEHNOIVSfnw&feature=related

Check the Hate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYobL5UQlLQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7KSjvK9UQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YermCUjW6Q8&feature=related

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zppm2q.jpg

Cali Syndicate
07-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Kobe!
Bryant!
Slam Dunk Giant!
Outplay The Kobe?
Son Don't Try It!

Damn that shit was ages ago. Kobe just speaking his mind. Not a big deal. Everyone seems to overreact to everything these days.

andgar923
07-10-2012, 01:39 AM
The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

Oh...wait....aren't all you morons supposed to be "ignoring" me? Uh huh. That one only lasted for like a few hours, as expected. Stop embarrassing yourself even further:roll:

WTF are you even talking about?

:wtf: :hammerhead:

Deuce Bigalow
07-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Check out the %s in the Playoffs for Malone. .409 FG%, .484 TS%

That's HORRID for a big man

meanwhile Kobe averaged 30-5-4 on .439 FG%, .525 TS% in the NBA Playoffs

LakersReign
07-10-2012, 01:40 AM
WTF are you even talking about?

:wtf: :hammerhead:

Got nothing better to do tonight other than troll huh?:rolleyes:

Good luck with all that:sleeping

swag2011
07-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Anyway, it's obvious that Kobe was probably asked a question about his longevity. They probably asked him when was he going to retire or some shit like that.

Why didn't you put this tweet to OP?

chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer
Kobe says he has about 3 good years left and "shut it down" after the season to think about the future

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:42 AM
kobe will average 26-27ppg and make 1st team all nba's well into his late 30's

and with nash i see his fg% going up to 46-47% this year

no other player has ever came close to this in their 17th,18th seasons

fpliii
07-10-2012, 01:44 AM

I think you're selling him short

Deuce Bigalow
07-10-2012, 01:45 AM

It's going to be interesting what Kobe's play is going to look like next season with Nash

KyrieTheFuture
07-10-2012, 01:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEHNOIVSfnw&feature=related

Check the Hate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYobL5UQlLQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7KSjvK9UQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YermCUjW6Q8&feature=related

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zppm2q.jpg

How dumb are you?! I was calling him right you ****tard.

PickernRoller
07-10-2012, 01:55 AM
How dumb are you?! I was calling him right you ****tard.

Heavincent
07-10-2012, 02:05 AM

So mad.

TheBigVeto
07-10-2012, 02:06 AM
LOL this clown is so overrated.

Poetry
07-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Check out the %s in the Playoffs for Malone. .409 FG%, .484 TS%

Malone may have had a bad series that year, but let's not act like Kobe's year was superior to Malone's just because he scored more points (feel free to put ALL the numbers down side by side).

They both had subpar years by their standards.

But their individual seasons were comparable in their respectability and productivity for elite players at a certain point in their career.

That said, both probably took too many ill advised shots and were trying to force the issue too often.

Maniak
07-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Just because he can't think doesn't mean he's right.

Deuce Bigalow
07-10-2012, 02:13 AM
LOL this clown is so overrated.
You a Miami fan right?

He has more championships than your entire franchise :oldlol:

KyrieTheFuture
07-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Originality :applause:

BankShot
07-10-2012, 02:17 AM
This thread = :facepalm

Not the OP, not every comment, but just the general yap-flapping :facepalm

Punpun
07-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Just because he can't think doesn't mean he's right.

He actually is right.

Zedja
07-10-2012, 02:27 AM
LeBron will obviously be better in his 16th season in the league. He'll win his 7th MVP and his 5th ring. Move out of the Chokebe. Here comes the CHOSEN ONE.

Mr. Feeny
07-10-2012, 02:41 AM
LeBron will obviously be better in his 16th season in the league. He'll win his 7th MVP and his 5th ring. Move out of the Chokebe. Here comes the CHOSEN ONE.
Bookmarked. See you in 2019.

PickernRoller
07-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Originality :applause:

http://i46.tinypic.com/20jjuo.gif

Nero Tulip
07-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Kobe is obviously bothered by the haters, and by the fact that he's become a second tier star. Otherwise there would be no need to say that.

Chrono90
07-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I hate Kobe, but he's right :facepalm :mad:

yyup

Chrono90
07-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Kobe is obviously bothered by the haters, and by the fact that he's become a second tier star. Otherwise there would be no need to say that.

that's not true.

Kobe is still the best SG in the league. He's on top right with Lebron and KD.

Punpun
07-10-2012, 03:08 AM

Reaching for the sky~~

:yaohappy:

RazorBaLade
07-10-2012, 03:24 AM
People in this thread:

http://bambam.info/filehole/donaldduck-funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-mad-that-you.gif

SevereUpInHere
07-10-2012, 03:31 AM
People in this thread:

http://bambam.info/filehole/donaldduck-funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-mad-that-you.gif

Such a f*cking good gif :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

RazorBaLade
07-10-2012, 04:07 AM
I love the curtain part the most. It just comes across so angry in just a few motions. I can imagine so many people fuming like that on here.

RazorBaLade
07-10-2012, 04:12 AM

Watch your words Kobe.

Gave this thread another read... good post. BUT

At the end of the day tho why even mention that? Yes we can all get hit by a bus and die but that doesn't really mean anything.. Its like saying oh man, bill gates could have EASILY died it takes a lot of luck to not die, millions of people die every day on complete accidents, soda machines kill thousands of people every year, the biggest reason why bill gates is rich is luck.

And you'd be right in that sense, but it still doesnt feel like the right way to go about it to me at least. Theres been a lot of guys who have been lucky and didn't work this hard and was this dedicated. If he goes out like a G with an injury this year so be it, I guarantee it won't be because he started going easy and let his body decay. Hes just a psycho with work ethic. Everything comes down to luck, I dont think its worth mentioning.

swag2011
07-10-2012, 04:13 AM
People in this thread:

LMAO. imagine how they'll be if Kobe gets a 6th. omg the reactions would be like that gif times 10

andgar923
07-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Gave this thread another read... good post. BUT

At the end of the day tho why even mention that? Yes we can all get hit by a bus and die but that doesn't really mean anything.. Its like saying oh man, bill gates could have EASILY died it takes a lot of luck to not die, millions of people die every day on complete accidents, soda machines kill thousands of people every year, the biggest reason why bill gates is rich is luck.

And you'd be right in that sense, but it still doesnt feel like the right way to go about it to me at least. Theres been a lot of guys who have been lucky and didn't work this hard and was this dedicated. If he goes out like a G with an injury this year so be it, I guarantee it won't be because he started going easy and let his body decay. Hes just a psycho with work ethic. Everything comes down to luck, I dont think its worth mentioning.

My post wasn't a diss, but rather words of caution of sorts. You're right in a sense, I can't argue with that.

RazorBaLade
07-10-2012, 04:48 AM
My post wasn't a diss, but rather words of caution of sorts. You're right in a sense, I can't argue with that.

Ah yeah.. jinxing himself would suck. I feel really bad about this season anyways, his words dont exactly help. I have had the feeling that nash is going to break down ebfore playoffs/midseason and not be able to play since he signed. Now kobe has increased his chances as well possibly.

Richesly
07-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Thing is, people compare his longevity to his draft class.

People, the guy was 4-5 years younger then a lot of people in his class.

joeyjoejoe
07-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Gotta love the but kobe still all defense team, really only there coz of popularity not defense and anyone that thinks kobe is top 3 current is insane or inlove

Doctor Rivers
07-10-2012, 05:54 AM
This thread = :facepalm

Not the OP, not every comment, but just the general yap-flapping :facepalm

It's :facepalm because of LakersReign

Punpun
07-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Thing is, people compare his longevity to his draft class.

People, the guy was 4-5 years younger then a lot of people in his class.

And he played more minutes, games, po than them.

:yaohappy:

Quickening
07-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Good on him for staying one of the top 15 players until his 33.. but don't most top 15 ever players.

I LUV KOBE
07-10-2012, 06:08 AM
GAWDBe going for 17th season and still the best in the league.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Doctor Rivers
07-10-2012, 06:10 AM
GAWDBe going for 17th season and still the best in the league.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lebron

I LUV KOBE
07-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Lebron
:no: Comparing Kobe to Lebron who's in his prime.. Im more impress for Kobe than Lebrick..

Quickening
07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
:no: Comparing Kobe to Lebron who's in his prime.. Im more impress for Kobe than Lebrick..
So Tim Duncan is the best in the league, or Garnett using your logic..

guy
07-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Is he saying he's been playing at this high of a level his whole career? Cause he clearly wasn't even close to elite in his first 3 years. He's been elite for about the past 13 years. Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Jordan, Hakeem, Malone, and Shaq can all say they were elite for at least that long and also at later ages as well.

The Iron Fist
07-10-2012, 10:37 AM
D:rant .
Tiene sal?

martycrane
07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
He might not be the only player but there's really not too many. Not even a handful

"I don't take charges. I said, 'I'm not taking charges.' I figured that ... out at an early age."

Bryant estimated he's taken only one charge in the last two seasons and it was probably "by accident."

"I couldn't get out of the way," Bryant joked.

The cat has the will to win. he'll do anything to win.

hes all about winning.

The Iron Fist
07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
kareem only averaged 22/8/2 in his 16th season

he was a 1st team all nba'r but not at the level kobe is right now ( plus kareem wasnt all defensive... kobe is still )

kareem wasnt one of the leagues top 3 players at age 37... sorry... kobe in his 17th season may verry well lead the league in scoring if he wanted

kareem didnt average over 23 points since his 12th season

kobe bryant =

13th season: 27ppg
14th season: 27ppg
15th season: 25ppg

sorry but kobe is at a slightly higher level than kareem pace wise.kareem was fmvp at 37.

-23-
07-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Man, kareem must be rolling in his grave.

KenneBell
07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
He's right. :confusedshrug:

He and Kareem are probably the only two players to make to the All-NBA 1st Team this late in their careers. And Kobe probably took on a significantly heavier role than Kareem in his 16th last season.

I LUV KOBE
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
So Tim Duncan is the best in the league, or Garnett using your logic..
Kobe is still playing like he still the best in the league.. Tim Duncan and Garnet are equivalent to role players right now.. They're still very serviceable players but they're not like they used to be..

NumberSix
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Kobe is still playing like he still the best in the league.. Tim Duncan and Garnet are equivalent to role players right now.. They're still very serviceable players but they're not like they used to be..
No, Kobe is still playing like HE THINKS he's the best in the league.

guy
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
again... its subjective

a power forward is supposed to shoot a higher fg% than a guard

a power forward is supposed to rebound more than a guard

its almost impossible to compare their percentages... the only true way to define a player is how big of a role they have and how good their team is because of it...

kobe has an elite league leading production type role on a team that is always a top 3 seed he always makes 1st team all nba

this is more telling that of where a player is

This is stupid logic. So we should never compare players of different positions? Why did you bring up ANY stats at all then? Saying Malone is able to be a more efficient scorer and better rebounder just due to position is like saying Kobe is only a more volume scorer and better at assists due to position as well. Malone being able to play PF and Kobe being able to play SG makes each more valuable then the other in certain aspects. Its not like they are randomly selected to play a certain position. They play a certain position according to their strengths.

Optimus Prime
07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Kobe Bryant ... making kids so mad since 2008. :kobe:

caliman
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Exactly. There is nothing to discuss without knowing the context of the conversation. All we have is a random quote that a reporter put on his twitter account.

mehyaM24
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM

this......it took years for kobe to even be relevant.....actually he has never been relevant....some people just think he is....

SCORING AVERAGES AFTER 3 YEARS....

mike- 31.7 ppg in first 3 yrs

shaq- 27.3 ppg in first 3 yrs

lebron- 26.5 ppg in first 3 yrs

durant- 25.3 ppg in first 3 yrs

kobe- 13.8 ppg in first 3 yrs

PickernRoller
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
this......it took years for kobe to even be relevant.....actually he has never been relevant....some people just think he is....

SCORING AVERAGES AFTER 3 YRS IN THE NBA....

Coming out of high school with a bench job gives you that + some other things you would know about Kobe if you actually watched him or the league back then + what his role was on that Laker team. Now, it's always easier to do a stat search for the perfect diss...

jstern
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
If Lebron said something that sounded this arrogant, forget about it.

pegasus
07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
He is somewhat right. Malone, Garnett, and KAJ are also in the discussion. If Kobe can keep this up for two more years, he will be in a league of his own.

He will have also surpassed Jordan on the all-time scoring list, which is quite impressive for a player who spent half of his career playing alongside arguably the most dominant player of all time.

guy
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
He is somewhat right. Malone, Garnett, and KAJ are also in the discussion. If Kobe can keep this up for two more years, he will be in a league of his own.

He will have also surpassed Jordan on the all-time scoring list, which is quite impressive for a player who spent half of his career playing alongside arguably the most dominant player of all time.

At his current rate, it would take Kobe about 18 seasons to do what Jordan did in 14 seasons. How is that impressive regardless of who he was playing alongside?

mehyaM24
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Coming out of high school with a bench job gives you that + some other things you would know about Kobe if you actually watched him or the league back then + what his role was on that Laker team. Now, it's always easier to do a stat search for the perfect diss...

so what your saying is kobe wasnt good enough to be the man of his teams...like lebron and kg were...who also came out of highschool....? :lol

martycrane
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
i think kobe is maybe getting insecure bc of the attention on the new young stars. kobe always needs to feel like every1 thinks hes the best. thats what people mistake. hes not all about winning, like his teammate pau gasol. bc kobe doesnt take charges, and kobe doesnt pass the ball. he is all about shooting, scoring points in difficult ways, and being the only star. instead of playing in a more team-oriened fashion to make other guys good, he just tells the lakers they have to pay thru their nose to surround him with players who will do the dirty work and not take his shine or else he wants to be traded.

keep shooting kobe. stay klassy kobe.

Story Up
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Thank you....

For making the biggest Kobe Stan idiot look like an Einstein compare to you. Your stupidity is beyond limits, that you make the smartest Kobe haters loss credibility.

Abortion is bliss, all you ho's shud do it, this dumbass is a perfect example why.

pegasus
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
At his current rate, it would take Kobe about 18 seasons to do what Jordan did in 14 seasons. How is that impressive regardless of who he was playing alongside?

We are talking about staying at the elite level for so long. In my book, Jordan will always be better than Kobe, but it's not a knock on Kobe to surpass Jordan in scoring with four extra years.

He came into the league straight from HS and played alongside Shaq half of his career, unlike Jordan who also had great teammates to win his rings but their games always allowed him to be the 1st option.

IMO, Kobe > Jordan when it comes to longevity.

Ne 1
07-10-2012, 12:35 PM
getting swept while averaging just 23 ppg/45% FG against 73 year old Jason Kidd.

73 year old Jason Kidd? You are obviously completely clueless to how Kidd's defense works. It's predicated on position, anticipation, awareness, and very quick, strong hands. He has never been a super quick defender. What Kidd does is uses his strength and IQ to play great D more than anything else. Look at what he did to prime LeBron in the Finals. '11 Kidd was still a very good defender. :oldlol: at you trying to downplay his impact by saying he's "old".

dynasty1978
07-10-2012, 12:35 PM
this........actually he has never been relevant

opinion disqualified on the account of trolling
:no:

Story Up
07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Dumbass, so only way you can have an impressive career is if you match Jordan's production? LOL

dynasty1978
07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
73 year old Jason Kidd? You are obviously completely clueless to how Kidd's defense works. It's predicated on position, anticipation, awareness, and very quick, strong hands. He has never been a super quick defender. What Kidd does is uses his strength and IQ to play great D more than anything else. Look at what he did to prime LeBron in the Finals. '11 Kidd was still a very good defender. :oldlol: at you trying to downplay his impact by saying he's "old".

It's Loki

RRR3
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Lol kidds d had nothin to do with lbj struggling. Lbj struggles were all mental in 2011; he had no one to blame but himself

NumberSix
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Some people might say "Well, it's his own fault that he wasn't good enough to be a starter". That's somewhat true, but anyone that was a Laker fan at the time knows that Del Harris hated Kobe.

Story Up
It's Loki
The most bitch made villain in television history aka the avengers. His posting personifies that character nicely.

Maniak
The fact that mods let a thread like this just sit around is ****ing pathetic.

There is no real discussion going on, it's just random arguing and gif posting(which actually summarizes most people on this site).

Why would you not get rid of this thread? I don't understand.

guy
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
We are talking about staying at the elite level for so long. In my book, Jordan will always be better than Kobe, but it's not a knock on Kobe to surpass Jordan in scoring with four extra years.

He came into the league straight from HS and played alongside Shaq half of his career, unlike Jordan who also had great teammates to win his rings but their games always allowed him to be the 1st option.

IMO, Kobe > Jordan when it comes to longevity.

I'm saying it doesn't matter how dominant Shaq was, a 4 year difference is huge regardless of that. Shaq didn't cost him nearly that many points. Of course its impressive, but not for that reason.

guy
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Dumbass, so only way you can have an impressive career is if you match Jordan's production? LOL

I didn't say that. Stop crying.

pegasus
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Lol kidds d had nothin to do with lbj struggling. Lbj struggles were all mental in 2011; he had no one to blame but himself

That's just ridiculous. The only reason he checked out is because he realized after the first couple of games that Dallas' defense was not gonna allow him to drive to the basket to get his points and free throws.

He cannot shoot, and that's not mental. Plus, I really think that he sabotaged the team to make sure Wade wouldn't win the FMVP. He could have done more despite not being able to score much. Wade+Bosh+Chalmers needed just a bit more help from Lebron to beat the Mavs.

Raz
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM

I came into this thread to defend Kobe's comments.... but I couldn't let your comment slide. You give other Lakers fans a bad name - they're a classy group that don't need a misinformed troll like yourself spewing garbage.

Any Laker fan will tell you that Kobe has been getting by on reputation for these All-Defensive tam selections for some time now.

Kobe is not a top 3 player either. Tell me, who is he better out of:
-LeBron James
-Chris Paul
-Kevin Durant
-Dwight Howard
-Derrick Rose

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM

all those other guys were drafted to a bum franchise stuck at the bottom of the nba fighting for more draft picks and they started rookies and gave them all as many shots as possible in order to make sure they got more of those draft picks a year later

i'm sure if kobe stayed in charlotte while they were in rebuilding mode he would have gotten starter minutes and 15-18 shots per game his 1st 3 years and averaged around 23-25ppg aswell

regardless of how effective he would have been... because teams dont care if they are when theyre not expected to do anything. all teams want to do is gain value and confidence for their picks incase they end up good somewhere down the road or if they want to use their picks as trade bate to get more 1st round draft picks when they give up again 3-4 years down the road and their star demands a trade to a contender. they would want to get full value and benching their main piece wouldnt bring much in a trade in the end... would it?

for the lakers kobe was drafted to a contender. a team with 2 allstar back court players and a coach that hated rookies. he had to fight his way into the starting linup and even as a 6th man getting left overs proved he had next mj type skills in only his 2nd year by making it in the starting linup for the allstar game OVER eddie jones who started for the lakers...

and whenever he did play he showed he was better than eddie jones and it was only a matter of time before they traded him for a guy like glen rice so kobe could finally start putting up great stats like those other guys you mentiond.

and the funny thing is... i wouldnt have it any other way because it was the only option for him to play every single game with the best franchise in nba history

but you already knew all this and still wasted my time writing and your time reading this.

but i'm sure youl just post a "did not read" right below a quote after realising how pathetic you truly are by bringing up a subject that has been beatin to death so many times before.

NumberSix
07-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I came into this thread to defend Kobe's comments.... but I couldn't let your comment slide. You give other Lakers fans a bad name - they're a classy group that don't need a misinformed troll like yourself spewing garbage.

Any Laker fan will tell you that Kobe has been getting by on reputation for these All-Defensive tam selections for some time now.

-LeBron James
-Chris Paul
-Kevin Durant
-Dwight Howard
-Derrick RoseRose

mehyaM24
07-10-2012, 12:47 PM

...:oldlol: ...ok...its time to be fair to kobe...instead of showing what he did in comparison to guys like durant,shaq,lebron and jordan....i will compare him against the 90's "cupcakes" that mj faced...

KOBE IN CAREER GAMES VS "CUPCAKES"..

kobe- 8.0 ppg on .375% vs joe dumars
kobe- 9.0 ppg on .361% vs mitch richmond
kobe- 15.9 ppg on .433% vs jeff hornacek
kobe- 17.4 ppg on .467% vs hersey hawkins

KOBE=OWNED BY CUPCAKES :bowdown: :lol

NumberSix
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
...:oldlol: ...ok...its time to be fair to kobe...instead of showing what he did in comparison to guys like durant,shaq,lebron and jordan....i will compare him against the 90's "cupcakes" that mj faced...

KOBE IN CAREER GAMES VS "CUPCAKES"..

kobe- 8.0 ppg on .375% vs joe dumars
kobe- 9.0 ppg on .361% vs mitch richmond
kobe- 15.9 ppg on .433% vs jeff hornacek
kobe- 17.4 ppg on .467% vs hersey hawkins

KOBE=OWNED BY CUPCAKES :bowdown: :lol
Ouch

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 12:55 PM

-LeBron James
-Chris Paul
-Kevin Durant
-Dwight Howard
-Derrick Rose

lol derrick rose? chris paul? laughable

rose doesnt have nearly the complete fundimentals kobe has

paul is a fat overweight and lazy... he should average 11-12 assists easy..

28/5/5 >>>>>>> 20/9/3 and 22/8/3

and howard doesnt even try anymore and gives up on franchises... hes garbage offensively and has never really proved himself as a #1 option... he cant hit a free throw either... hes great defensively and cleans up the boards and gets lobs. thats about it

lebron and durant are the only guys who have a clear case over kobe in the nba right now

i'm willing to bet any amount of money that kobe bryant will be finals mvp again long before rose, dwight or paul ever come close to sniffing their first

Mr Exlax
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I think Kobe's fans make people hate Kobe. He's still good at his age, but he's not one of the top 10 players in the league. What exactly did he do better than anybody? The points? Look at the number of shots he took to get those points. That's horrible.

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I think Kobe's fans make people hate Kobe. He's still good at his age, but he's not one of the top 10 players in the league. What exactly did he do better than anybody? The points? Look at the number of shots he took to get those points. That's horrible.

:biggums:

top 3 seed
1st team all nba
willingly gifted a scoring title away last day of the season
28/5/5
2nd team all defense
2 years removed from b2b finals mvp, 5th championship
2012 league leading 30/5/4 playoff average
olympic team captain for 2012 games

not a top 10 player?

now i remember why i left this POS forum

why do i keep coming back here? even when us kobe fans admit lebron is the best right now... we still get totally disrespected like its a troll war or something

fu*k this place i'm out ... yall are absolute :hammerhead:

tomtucker
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM

There is no real discussion going on, it's just random arguing and gif posting(which actually summarizes most people on this site).

becoz this a place to have fun........don

Optimus Prime
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM

-LeBron James
-Chris Paul
-Kevin Durant
-Dwight Howard
-Derrick Rose

Kobe is better than Rose easily ... possibly even Chris Paul too. Ignorant hater trolls who didn't watch any games will say Kobe was just chucking ... and sometimes he was. But most of the time he had two defenders in his face as soon as he touched the ball. Gasol had a tendency to disappear and Bynum can be a bit of a black hole even with a triple team ... who else is going to take the shot with the clock winding down like it often was? The rest of the team was mediocre roleplayers at best.

Kobe is still easily top 5 in the league possibly top 3...which is amazing given his age and minutes played. :kobe:

Bigsmoke
07-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Malone and Kareem didnt do bad

Malone won the MVP at Kobe's current age

Optimus Prime
07-10-2012, 01:14 PM

So mad over an internet forum...:kobe:

This is just a place for fans of hoops to talk some trash. I for one get a kick out of all the GIF posting.

Poetry
07-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Kobe Bryant ... making kids so mad since 2008. :kobe:

He existed prior to 2008, he's always been a polarizing figure. In fact, i'd argue he's better liked now than before.

Optimus Prime
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
He existed prior to 2008, he's always been a polarizing figure. In fact, i'd argue he's better liked now than before.

Yes but he only really started making kids mad after he won his first ring without Shaq and as The Man on the Lakers.

I guess technically I should have said 2008-2009 but you get what I mean. Kids so mad over one of the best players ever. :kobe:

Mr Exlax
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM

top 3 seed
1st team all nba
willingly gifted a scoring title away last day of the season
28/5/5
2nd team all defense
2 years removed from b2b finals mvp, 5th championship
2012 league leading 30/5/4 playoff average
olympic team captain for 2012 games

not a top 10 player?

now i remember why i left this POS forum

why do i keep coming back here? even when us kobe fans admit lebron is the best right now... we still get totally disrespected like its a troll war or something

fu*k this place i'm out ... yall are absolute :hammerhead:

All that you just put didn't answer my question. What exactly did he do better than anybody else last season? The points? Look at the number of shots he had to take to get those points.

Are you gonna adress that at all or you gonna keep posting smileys and all that other gay sh*t?

LakersReign
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM

ALWAYS with the lame a** excuses just to hate on Kobe like y'all are ever going to topple his legacy. If fans can make you hate a player, then you were never a REAL fan of the game to begin with. Simple as that.

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Malone and Kareem didnt do bad

Malone won the MVP at Kobe's current age

i bet kobe could average 35/5/5 and have kwame brown as his 3rd best player and he still wouldnt win mvp

lol wait a minute..

Mr Exlax
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
ALWAYS with the lame a** excuses just to hate on Kobe like y'all are ever going to topple his legacy. If fans can make you hate a player, then you were never a REAL fan of the game to begin with. Simple as that.

How do you figure that I hate Kobe sunshine? I've never said anything negative about the cat. He's not a top 10 player in the league right now to me. How the hell is that me hating on Kobe? KG is not a top 10 player in the league to me right now. Do I now hate him too?

Optimus Prime
07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
i bet kobe could average 35/5/5 and have kwame brown as his 3rd best player and he still wouldnt win mvp

lol wait a minute..

Nice one. I remember watching those teams. Smush Parker ... Chris Mihm ... I am honestly surprised Kobe didn't bolt for the Bulls. He got robbed that year ...

...but it's all good now because him and Nash are gonna team up for that sixth ring to tie Jordan! :kobe:

LakersReign
07-10-2012, 01:25 PM
How do you figure that I hate Kobe sunshine? I've never said anything negative about the cat. He's not a top 10 player in the league right now to me. How the hell is that me hating on Kobe? KG is not a top 10 player in the league to me right now. Do I now hate him too?

WOW....yet another "genius" on here, thinking people can't read. Carry on.:rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:42 PM
All that you just put didn't answer my question. What exactly did he do better than anybody else last season? The points? Look at the number of shots he had to take to get those points.

Are you gonna adress that at all or you gonna keep posting smileys and all that other gay sh*t?

so unless kobes the best... hes not a top 10 player

:facepalm

kennethgriffin
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Nice one. I remember watching those teams. Smush Parker ... Chris Mihm ... I am honestly surprised Kobe didn't bolt for the Bulls. He got robbed that year ...

...but it's all good now because him and Nash are gonna team up for that sixth ring to tie Jordan! :kobe:

and the voters show their inconsistancy by saying "you need a top 3 record or you need atleast a 1st seed in your confrence"

then they give it to jordan in 88 just for his stats and i dont think he even had a top 5 record LOL... he didnt even have his division crown for god sake

Nevaeh
07-10-2012, 01:48 PM

...but it's all good now because him and Nash are gonna team up for that sixth ring to tie Kareem! :kobe:

He's gonna need a bit more than a Ring to be tied with Jordan. Another 10+ years in the League should help him to catch up to a few more of Jordan's achievements.
:cheers:

ihoopallday
07-10-2012, 01:49 PM

So why does a real fan of the game such as yourself spend time hating on LeBron? Please explain.

mehyaM24
07-10-2012, 01:50 PM
so unless kobes the best... hes not a top 10 player

:facepalm

kobe is a 10 perimeter player alltime....this means a real mother****ing lot coming from a genius such as myself.

TryToBeUnbias
07-10-2012, 01:53 PM
It's arguable.

Who else comes to mind ? Kareem ? Malone ?

Idk about any other Gaurds if someone can enlighten me it would be appreciated.

I'm also not sure what tone he said this in, So calling him arrogant or cocky for making this statement isn't something I can really do.

avonbarksdale
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
he isnt wrong

Raz
07-10-2012, 02:01 PM
lol derrick rose? chris paul? laughable
rose doesnt have nearly the complete fundimentals kobe has
paul is a fat overweight and lazy... he should average 11-12 assists easy..
28/5/5 >>>>>>> 20/9/3 and 22/8/3

Weight and amount of assists averaged are related? You are really opening my mind to new possibilities. Go stick Kobe on either of those teams instead of Rose and Paul, and let's see how they do.

and howard doesnt even try anymore and gives up on franchises... hes garbage offensively and has never really proved himself as a #1 option... he cant hit a free throw either... hes great defensively and cleans up the boards and gets lobs. thats about it

So you're strictly talking about scoring. If you want to say Kobe is a top 3 scorer, I could probably agree with you. But calling him a top 3 player is nuts.

Kobe Bryant needs to be the best player on his team before idiots like you can claim him as a top 3 player. Kobe just came off one of his worst seasons, actually probably his 3rd worst season defensively. You call out Dwight for his mediocre offense, but Kobe is almost a matador out there defensively and he had an extremely inefficient season offensively.

RaininTwos
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Kobe is killing dudes this week:bowdown:

Scholar
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Kobe is killing dudes this week:bowdown:

This.

He's just saying what he wants as he wants when he wants.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
nope.

LA_Showtime
07-10-2012, 05:42 PM
He's got a point but then again his numbers wouldn't have been nearly as good last season had he done the right thing and gave Bynum and Gasol more touches. Don't be fooled by the numbers, Kobe was not a dominant scorer last season. In fact I'd go as far to say he was nothing more than a volume scorer. 28 points on 43% shooting is not good, especially when you've got the second best center in the league and a top 10 power forward on your roster. Of course only the true historians of the game will remember that Kobe's impact has dramatically declined from 3-4 years ago, while the stat geeks will just say, "Oh my God, 28 points at 33!"

joeyjoejoe
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Next season kobe average 30 on 30% wow kobe top scorer must be top 3 player, stop and think

nnn123
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Not gonna read thru the entire thread, but...

He's forgetting that he has the advantage of coming into the league 4 yrs earlier than everyone else. So technically he wasn't even all that good the first 3-4 yrs, and I don't even think he was in the starting lineup til 2000.