stallionaire
07-11-2012, 01:33 AM
Rubio / Barea / Ridnour
Roy / Shved / Ellington / Johnson
Batum / Budinger / Hummel
Love / Williams / Tolliver
Pekovic / Milicic

White supremacy over the Western Conference. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Realistically though, do you expect the Wolves to get 40 wins this season or 50?

roffie
07-11-2012, 01:35 AM
realistically probs around 45 wins

TMT
07-11-2012, 01:36 AM
I'd say on the lower end of 40 wins, fighting to be in the playoff picture.

PickernRoller
07-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Barring injury they'll be better than next year that's for sure. Probably outlast the Suns, GS, maybe Jazz and Rockets(if they don't do a big trade)......looking good + I am sure they are not done making moves.

B-Easy8
07-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Please stop trolling, you're giving us Wolves fans a bad name.

Realistically I think we can get about 45-50 wins.

DTreats
45-37

6/7 seed.

Pra
Dallas was 7th seeded team last season yea? They struggled and now they have lost a bit of depth... could see the wolves emerge as a 6-8th seeded team yes.

stallionaire
07-11-2012, 01:39 AM

We'll never look as bad as Lakers or Knicks fans, don't worry.

FireMcFailPlease
07-11-2012, 01:51 AM
oh sweet...just shy of 10 years since our wcf playoff run with spree and cassell......which was the last time we made the playoffs

stallionaire
07-11-2012, 01:52 AM
3-peat championship imminent.

ripthekik
07-11-2012, 01:56 AM
>thunder? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Please make the playoffs first before you compare yourselves to the Western conference champions.

Keelyus
07-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Portland is going to match Batum.

Count on it.

hangintheair
07-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Rubio / Barea / Ridnour
Roy / Shved / Ellington / Johnson
Batum / Budinger / Hummel
Love / Williams / Tolliver
Pekovic / Milicic

Realistically though, do you expect the Wolves to get 40 wins this season or 50?

The only left white that they need is the "White Mamba":bowdown: :bowdown:

noosaman
07-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Realistically all they need is a legit shooting guard. Love is arguably the league's best player and Rubio is a once in a decade type of player.

NugzFan
07-11-2012, 02:13 AM

he says while predicting the wolves to get 50 wins this year :oldlol:

homers gonna homer

BuffaloBill
07-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Lol that guy just said Kevin Love is arguably the league's best player :lol

noosaman
07-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Lol that guy just said Kevin Love is arguably the league's best player :lol

Ok. But he is.

Big_Dogg
07-11-2012, 02:20 AM
http://harryallen.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dave_chapelle_show_-_black_white_su.jpg

White power :lol

Punpun
07-11-2012, 02:28 AM
They better gun for the 6th spot. Or wait, no. The Thunder, Lakers and Spurs will trust the first three spots. Which is instant death.

RoseCity07
07-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Lol at Minny fans thinking they have Batum already. Portland matches that offer now. I hope we do a sign and trade to Minny for a unprotected first round pick.

Kiddlovesnets
07-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Kevin Love is a stats-padding loser, no way Twolves better than Thunder.

noosaman
07-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Kevin Love is a stats-padding loser, no way Twolves better than Thunder.

Durant would be a stats-padding loser on that Wolves team too.

Qwertyazerty
07-11-2012, 05:14 AM

No need for this unecesary, pointless and meaningless remark.

On topic, if all those signings become official and the injured come back in shape, I can see them making PO. Better than thunders???? NO. But they'll have a nice young team.

coin24
07-11-2012, 05:21 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

One team just made the finals...
The other is a renowned fu*king joke:lol

Will be surprised if they even make the 8th seed.

mrhoopfan
07-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Rubio better learn to put the ball in the hole more accurately. 35% from the field aint cutting it

SilkkTheShocker
07-11-2012, 07:35 AM
The Wolves have no one as good as Durant or Westbrook.

bmulls
07-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Realistically all they need is a legit shooting guard. Love is arguably the league's best player and Rubio is a once in a decade type of player.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:biggums:

Magic731
07-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Rubio started the season well but wasn't exactly setting the world on fire for a long period of time before his injury... Love is a great player but he proved he can't carry a team by himself as we saw when the T'Wolves dropped off the face of the Earth after the Rubio injury. The addition of Roy will be nice, but not a game changer. T'Wolves fans need to realise this is NOT the same Brandon Roy that was in Portland. They don't even have Nic Batum yet. Chase Budinger won't make too much of a difference.

Overall, the T'Wolves will be lucky to make the playoffs. Unless Rubio can recapture the form he had at the beginning of last season, and they get some drastic improvement from their young guys, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Love will never win a ring as a #1 option, and that is their first problem.

noosaman
07-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Rubio started the season well but wasn't exactly setting the world on fire for a long period of time before his injury... Love is a great player but he proved he can't carry a team by himself as we saw when the T'Wolves dropped off the face of the Earth after the Rubio injury. The addition of Roy will be nice, but not a game changer. T'Wolves fans need to realise this is NOT the same Brandon Roy that was in Portland. They don't even have Nic Batum yet. Chase Budinger won't make too much of a difference.

Overall, the T'Wolves will be lucky to make the playoffs. Unless Rubio can recapture the form he had at the beginning of last season, and they get some drastic improvement from their young guys, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Love will never win a ring as a #1 option, and that is their first problem.

Rubio was ROY before he got injured. He was absolutely showing signs of greatness.

Magic731
07-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Rubio was ROY before he got injured. He was absolutely showing signs of greatness.
No, he wasn't. Kyrie Irving was always the ROY. People tried to make a case for Rubio just to make it seem like there was competition, and because they fell in love with his flashy passing. Even before the injury, Rubio was slowing down greatly. He was not racking up the assist numbers and he was shooting a poor percentage from the field. Irving stayed consistent throughout the entire season. That also makes me wonder, which Rubio will come back from this injury? I have no doubt the Ricky Rubio will be a great point guard in the future, but it was an extremely serious injury he had and it wouldn't surprise me if it took him a couple of months to get back to his best.

Qwertyazerty
07-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Rubio started the season well but wasn't exactly setting the world on fire for a long period of time before his injury...

You must be kidding, right? The only thing that got worse was his mid range shot and lay ups (where I agree he was often missing), his defense was great, his passing too and his 3 pts shooting was better than anyone thought it would be before watching him play in NBA.
Statisticaly ok, his assists per game droped a bit, but it was mainly because of him being defended better and harder than at the beggining of the season.

And Roy may not be the same as in Portland, but his rol in Minnesota wont be the same neither. Forget about his dunks and penetrations, forget about him creating his own shot... he is no longer the man but a role player, the kind of guy you should not let open and that, alone, would be a great addition to Timberwolves.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Love is arguably the league's best player and Rubio is a once in a decade type of player.
:facepalm :roll:

Seriously, is this dude just trolling, or does he believe his own bs? Pretty sad if he does.

I could be wrong, but Minny looks like a one-hit wonder to me. With Rubio coming back from injury and Love making all kind of diva noises, I just don't see them being as good on the court as the pieces they have might indicate.

Team unity looks to be a major issue. Love might be the team's best player, but how much of a leader is he? Also, Rubio had a very good year, pre-injury, but let's not forget that he was trending in the wrong direction when it happened. Let's see if he can shoot better than in the low 30s before anointing him a "decade type of player".

Magic731
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
You must be kidding, right? The only thing that got worse was his mid range shot and lay ups (where I agree he was often missing), his defense was great, his passing too and his 3 pts shooting was better than anyone thought it would be before watching him play in NBA.
Statisticaly ok, his assists per game droped a bit, but it was mainly because of him being defended better and harder than at the beggining of the season.

And Roy may not be the same as in Portland, but his rol in Minnesota wont be the same neither. Forget about his dunks and penetrations, forget about him creating his own shot... he is no longer the man but a role player, the kind of guy you should not let open and that, alone, would be a great addition to Timberwolves.
So you think teams will just let Rubio run rampant again, setting his teammates up at will? Teams were figuring him out, he was on a downwards spiral and doing your knee as bad as Rubio did is NOT an easy injury to come back from.

Roy definitely is a valuable addition, but I just don't think he will be enough to make a major contribution. I could be totally wrong about that and he may end up being the exact wing player that the Wolves are looking for, but I highly doubt it.

niko
07-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Isn't Portland going to match Batum and isn't Roy going to miss 60 games?

PyrrhusX
07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Kevin love on the thunder would be first round exit.
Timberwolves are over-rated.
Rubio is Over-rated.
The wolves will not make it out of the first round this year if they are even lucky.

Sorry but over-confident Timberwolves fans are pathetic. Your all-mighty Kevin Love didnt lead you anywhere last year. Cant believe Roy signed there .. how could such a likable player play for such a dissapointing team.

/inb4 Rubio was injured excuses.

P.S. Rubio was ROY before his injury? Sorry give me, and every other non-timberwolf fan, Kyrie Irving.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Ban this troll, please.

Kyrie was the clear front-runner in the ROY race before Rubio's injury, and was pulling away.

Rubio's shooting % was dropping by the day, and his crunch-time minutes were being cut.

Qwertyazerty
07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
So you think teams will just let Rubio run rampant again, setting his teammates up at will? Teams were figuring him out, he was on a downwards spiral and doing your knee as bad as Rubio did is NOT an easy injury to come back from.

Roy definitely is a valuable addition, but I just don't think he will be enough to make a major contribution. I could be totally wrong about that and he may end up being the exact wing player that the Wolves are looking for, but I highly doubt it.

Of course teams wont let him do that but the kid is just that, a kid, and can figure out his opponents as well. Also, if Roy fills that wing role they need so much and Batum signs (adding another 3 pt threat to the team), it will be much harder for teams to double team at the same time Love and Rubio, without letting Roy, Batum or Pek (all capable of scoring) open. We have to agree that even half a Roy and Batum are better fits to Rubio's playing style than the Websters, Johnsons, Ridnours and co.

I doubt Portland let Batum go to Minny, but that's because they know it would be a very good fit on those wolves.

DStebb716
07-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Westbrook >>>>>> Rubio
Harden >>> BRoy (with the injuries and year off)
Sefolosha >>>> that garbage they have backing up at SG
Durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Budinger (they aren't getting Batum, even though Durant is still a million times better)
Love >>>> Ibaka, you get that one
Pekovic > Perkins

Brooks >

I mean come on, you don't actually believe the bullshit you say do you?

JellyBean
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
If the core players have improved on their games and Rubio is healthy, we are 42-44 game winners, baby :applause:

Bigsmoke
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
meh
too many white people.

Bigsmoke
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Brooks >

?

Brooks a better coach than Rick Adelman :biggums:

Meticode
07-11-2012, 10:16 AM
noosaman,

What the **** are you smoking?

knickballer
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
T-wolves were a decent squad last year before Rubio got hurt.,

Another season of development for their young players should make them a borderline contender alone. Who knows the development a player like Derrick Williams will make, if he can reach his #2 overall potential they will be a good team for years to come.

stallionaire
07-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Kevin love on the thunder would be first round exit.
Timberwolves are over-rated.
Rubio is Over-rated.
The wolves will not make it out of the first round this year if they are even lucky.

Sorry but over-confident Timberwolves fans are pathetic. Your all-mighty Kevin Love didnt lead you anywhere last year. Cant believe Roy signed there .. how could such a likable player play for such a dissapointing team.

/inb4 Rubio was injured excuses.

P.S. Rubio was ROY before his injury? Sorry give me, and every other non-timberwolf fan, Kyrie Irving.

You aren't even from OKC. Cmon man. All these fake Thunder fans... smh.

KGMN
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
As a Wolves fan, I believe it's way too early to make predictions on our record next season. I'm obviously hoping for 45-50 wins, but there are just way too many question marks to be so confident in that. Will Rubio return good as new? Probably not, it normally takes a year or so after coming back from an ACL to get back to your original form. Is Brandon Roy back to his old self basketball-wise? I have no idea... I think he said he was, but who really knows? Is Shved really good enough to play a significant role on the team? From the couple of games I've seen of him, it doesn't look like he will. Will the Wolves even land Batum? Portland's contradicting itself, and it's impossible for me to figure out what they're thinking.

So while a 45-50 game prediction may seem possible by just looking at our roster, that may be a bit optimistic, especially considering Ricky's return will not be an immediate full recovery.

BuffaloBill
07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I smell a dynasty :cheers:

LelBron
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3nd56.jpg

Remix
07-11-2012, 02:49 PM
West will be:

1. Thunder/Lakers
2. Lakers/Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Grizz
6. Nuggets/T'Wolves
7. T'Wolves/Nuggets
8. Utah?

Dallas might sneak in same with Phoenix if they get Gordon.

So yeah, highest possible is a 6 seed. Have fun playing Lakers/Thunder/Spurs :sleeping

LakersForlife
07-11-2012, 02:51 PM
so brooks > adelman now..nice to see year 2000 kids watching the nba

Duffers-11
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
As much as I like love, rubio and the timberwolves please don't get too excited about your chances next year :(

noosaman
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
noosaman,

What the **** are you smoking?

What? Check out Love's stats. Those are the sort of stats if lerfraud put up everyone would say he's GOAT. The dude had a 30/30. He was arguably the league's best player. And Rubio showed that he was a special talent. Even without being a good shooter he basically dominated games with his passing ability and defense. and clutch playmaking. Just ask the Clippers.

noosaman
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
:facepalm :roll:

Seriously, is this dude just trolling, or does he believe his own bs? Pretty sad if he does.

I could be wrong, but Minny looks like a one-hit wonder to me. With Rubio coming back from injury and Love making all kind of diva noises, I just don't see them being as good on the court as the pieces they have might indicate.

Team unity looks to be a major issue. Love might be the team's best player, but how much of a leader is he? Also, Rubio had a very good year, pre-injury, but let's not forget that he was trending in the wrong direction when it happened. Let's see if he can shoot better than in the low 30s before anointing him a "decade type of player".

Everyone knows you are a straight up racist. Tell us all again about how Norris Cole has more potential than Rubio. Your whole agenda is to criticize, mock, or insult any white player in the league.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Everyone knows you are a straight up racist. Tell us all again about how Norris Cole has more potential than Rubio. Your whole agenda is to criticize, mock, or insult any white player in the league.
Reported. You need to get banned again.

Its interesting, and pathetic, that you're attempting to accuse someone else of being exactly what you obviously are.

RRR3
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
What? Check out Love's stats. Those are the sort of stats if lerfraud put up everyone would say he's GOAT. The dude had a 30/30. He was arguably the league's best player. And Rubio showed that he was a special talent. Even without being a good shooter he basically dominated games with his passing ability and defense. and clutch playmaking. Just ask the Clippers.
Did you honestly just compare Kevin Love to LeBron ****ing James? :banghead: Kevin Love isn't even close to the caliber of player that LeBron is.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Did you honestly just compare Kevin Love to LeBron ****ing James? :banghead: Kevin Love isn't even close to the caliber of player that LeBron is.
You must realize that he is not a serious poster. Virtually everything he says is based solely on a player's race. I'm hoping he gets banned soon.

noosaman
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Reported. You need to get banned again.

Its interesting, and pathetic, that you're attempting to accuse someone else of being exactly what you obviously are.

You need to be banned for the filth you spew in every post.

I feel sorry you though man. You've managed to convince yourself that you aren't what you are.

blood yes
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
:facepalm I dont know if i should be mad at the people who are overrating ricky rubio or the people who are underrating rubio.

Rubio is NOT a "once in a decade" player, but at the same time, you have to remember that the timberwolves were a .500 team before rubio went down with the injury.

Rubio isnt a superstar, but he IS an allstar, and i feel sorry for the people thinking that rubio is trash.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
You need to be banned for the filth you spew in every post.

I feel sorry you though man. You've managed to convince yourself that you aren't what you are.
:roll:

You're funny.... and completely off your rails.

upside24
07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't be a fan of a team in another city? Idiot.

noosaman
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
:roll:

You're funny.... and completely off your rails.

No seriously-have you never noticed that whenever a white or European player is mentioned, praised, or discussed in any shape or form, that you rush immediately to disparage the player? Or is your racism just unconscious?

For instance you have spent the entire year insulting both Rubio and Love and making outrageous comparisons to bench player busts.

SpecialQue
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
35 wins, tops. And I like this team.

Z Saber
07-11-2012, 08:07 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/qspr42.jpg

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 08:18 PM
No seriously-have you never noticed that whenever a white or European player is mentioned, praised, or discussed in any shape or form, that you rush immediately to disparage the player?
No, that isn't true, but part of being delusional means that you get to just make stuff up.

noosaman
07-11-2012, 08:25 PM
No, that isn't true, but part of being delusional means that you get to just make stuff up.

Do you want me to unearth some of your posts for all to see?

b1imtf
07-11-2012, 08:26 PM
SpecialQue bringing the thruth

stallionaire
07-11-2012, 08:33 PM

BuffaloBill
07-11-2012, 08:49 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/qspr42.jpg

Lmao!

BuffaloBill
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
If the Wolves can stay healthy this season, I see a 4-5 seed. Great coach + Great roster. Don't underestimate this team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Does OP think its cool to be ignorant? :confusedshrug:

BlackVVaves
07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Re: Timberwolves > Thunder, officially

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/314-lol-whats-going-on-in-this-thread.png

http://us6.memecdn.com/Im-getting-outta-here_o_35901.jpg

RRR3
07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
ThomasPynchon/Brisbaneman/Noosaman: "Kevin Love is better than LeBron James"

http://i36.tinypic.com/1ptcn5.jpg
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/15/heeheehawhaw128580646144869777.jpg

Rainwound
07-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't dislike the Wolves or Kevin Love, but these people saying Love is the best player in the league are getting really annoying. Come back once the Wolves actually make the playoffs.

Rainwound
07-11-2012, 11:17 PM
No seriously-have you never noticed that whenever a white or European player is mentioned, praised, or discussed in any shape or form, that you rush immediately to disparage the player? Or is your racism just unconscious?

For instance you have spent the entire year insulting both Rubio and Love and making outrageous comparisons to bench player busts.
Reported. Playing the race card because someone doesn't like your favorite players is moronic, insecure, and immature.

PyrrhusX
07-11-2012, 11:19 PM

Love how you didnt even debate the point ...
So you concede that your team is over-rated? Stop giving other wolve fans a bad rep just because your overly high expectations for your team have not and probebly will not be met.

Wolves havent done jack crap yet. Oh and individuals arnt allowed a choice as to what team they can cheer for? Who died to make you the king of the world :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

takai
07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
If you divorce your wife in OKC, is she still your sister?

FireDavidKahn
07-12-2012, 12:08 AM
You have the deep south and OKC mixed up. OKC isn't Mississippi or Alabama.

Rainwound
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
That was so funny I forgot to laugh.