PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

Warners0
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.

According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.

Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.

"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."

The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.

However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.

"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''

Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.

Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8155983/jeremy-lin-upset-new-york-knicks

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Lin is getting absolutely hammered on the ESPN boards.

I'm reserving judgement for now, but it does seem like the Linsanity press clippings have gone to his head, at least to some degree.

Dagouch
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Not sure why would be Upset. The Knicks basically said all along that they were matching any offer to keep him. His name was not mentioned at all for a sign and trade for anybody in the oftseason. This should be an easy fix.

R.I.P.
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
The mofo needs to stfu. He gets paid eight million dollars a year for being Asian and having done a good job in his profession for two weeks. :rolleyes:

DTreats
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
The Knicks clearly said they were gonna "wait and see", they waited, saw and are matching the offer. No biggie

Brickz187
07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Lin is really average anyways. He did his thing when he got his chance being the only player on the team with everyone injured. Once everyone came back he became a scrub. Miami shut him down and then it went downhill from there. I loved what he did, but he is way overrated. Who am I though, I'm just some Heat fan.

niko
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
He's being a dumbass.

Dagouch
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Here's the thing we really don't know what he is yet.

Is he a Superstar? Probably not. Is he a Scrub. No.

We'll see this year where he falls in that inbetween. I think he'll be a servicable point guard with some flashes of greatness on some games. Jason Kidd will be a good influence on him.

He Just needs to get over having his feelings hurt and just ball.

Sarcastic
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Ummm, HE is the one that went out and tested the market. He is Linsane.

bagelred
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Sounds like a made up story.

SilkkTheShocker
07-11-2012, 10:33 AM
I think he is just pissed the Knicks matched the Rocket's offer.

niko
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I think he is just pissed the Knicks matched the Rocket's offer.
He's mad he can't play for free for the Heat.

brantonli
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Let's be honest, when somebody's 'upset', it can range from absolute disgust to mild annoyance. We have no way of knowing if Lin is actually so upset that it will be a major factor in his motivation to play for the knicks, or if it's something that will be forgotten by next week.

this offseason will be sloooooooow.

WhySoInsecure?
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
this

DStebb716
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
This is clearly made up. Lin knew that the Knicks couldn't offer him more than other teams would, so he let the market dictate his price for the Knicks to match. He's a smart kid who understands that, the end.

triangleoffense
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
This guy is Luke Ridnoir at best, and at least Luke averaged 12/4/5 or so for an entire season.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
This is clearly made up.
So, the NY Daily News would expose themselves to a lawsuit by "making up" a story from absolutely nothing?

As bad as the media has has gotten these days, I don't think that's very likely.

Let's see if Lin comes out and addresses the situation himself, or through his agent.

DStebb716
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
This guy is Luke Ridnoir at best, and at least Luke averaged 12/4/5 or so for an entire season.

Lin averaged 14/6/3 last season :lebronamazed:

Dwyane Rose
07-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Yep. Lin loves the Knicks organization and he did nothing but praise the coaching staff and organization for giving him opportunities during the post-game press conferences.

DStebb716
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
So, the NY Daily News would expose themselves to a lawsuit by "making up" a story from absolutely nothing?

As bad as the media has has gotten these days, I don't think that's very likely.

Let's see if Lin comes out and addresses the situation himself, or through his agent.

Their source could easily be unreliable or they could've taken a simple statement from a source and dramatized it into this...
I'm sure this is absolutely nothing, and Lin will be fine. The bigger issue is if Landry Fields' departure will hurt him.

niko
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Jeremy had much better numbers that that. Your sentence makes no sense. At least Luke had much worse numbers?

Jeremy being butthurt (which i honestly believe) doesn't mean he's a bad player. Nets are chasing Dwight Howard, top three player in the league and he's the biggest dickwad on the planet.

Blue&Orange
07-11-2012, 10:49 AM
LIN UPSET

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll10/ClaudioAndres/MSOURCES.jpg

Fiasco
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
lol so it's cool if the Knicks don't offer their marquee players a contract and wait for other teams to do it just so they can match, but if the Clippers do it it's considered cheap.

k

WhySoInsecure?
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM

Daily News is a trashy paper that makes up half of its stories.
And they can't get sued for speculating on someones emotions.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Their source could easily be unreliable or they could've taken a simple statement from a source and dramatized it into this...
I'm sure this is absolutely nothing, and Lin will be fine. The bigger issue is if Landry Fields' departure will hurt him.
I just read the News' story by Mitch Lawrence, and it doesn't seem bogus to me.

Link (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jeremy-lin-surprised-ny-knicks-offer-contract-houston-rockets-offer-sheet-source-article-1.1111843)

Regardless of whether the situation is being dramatized, or not, Lin has a LOT to prove this coming year. After the exposure at Miami, things pretty much headed south. Let's see if he can be solid for an entire year.

The bigger issue for him is that if any more stories like this come up, NYers will start to hate on him. He better be careful.

Fields is straight-up garbage. Now his minutes can be used by someone who can actually score.

KyrieTheFuture
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Ah dat ivy league entitlement PLUS NBA entitlement. Dangerous.

WhySoInsecure?
07-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I just read the News' story by Mitch Lawrence, and it doesn't seem bogus to me.

Link (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jeremy-lin-surprised-ny-knicks-offer-contract-houston-rockets-offer-sheet-source-article-1.1111843)

Regardless of whether the situation is being dramatized, or not, Lin has a LOT to prove this coming year. After the exposure at Miami, things pretty much headed south. Let's see if he can be solid for an entire year.

The bigger issue for him is that if any more stories like this come up, NYers will start to hate on him. He better be careful.

Fields is straight-up garbage. Now his minutes can be used by someone who can actually score.

We're talking about this paper http://www.nydailynews.com/
Is that what you consider news?

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Daily News is a trashy paper that makes up half of its stories.
And they can't get sued for speculating on someones emotions.
Don't talk nonsense. The News isn't a favorite source of mine, but they obviously don't "make up half" of their stories.

If a news source prints information that a party feels is false, and that injures their reputation, a lawsuit is a definite option. Not likely in this case, but an option nonetheless.

What exactly would be the News' motivation to print a completely false story about a player who is loved by so many in the city?

I think there's some truth to it, and Lin -- along with his people -- need to just keep a lid on things until the contract situation has been resolved.

Droid101
07-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think players understand what Restricted Free Agency is anymore.

When you're Unrestricted, then you can bitch about a team not making you an offer.

martycrane
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
dude is really overrated. not evej in the top 15 at his own position. not even in the top 20 probably

bagelred
07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Lin averaged 14/6/3 last season :lebronamazed:

Those aren't even good numbers. That includes his garbage time minutes games, bringing averages down.

For 26 games he played regular minutes:

34.2 Minutes
18.5 PPG
7.7 APG
3.7 RPG
2.0 SPG

Those numbers put him:

6th in scoring for point guards, tied with Kyrie Irving.
9th in assists, tied with Tony Parker.
9th in rebounds for PG, tied with Kyrie Irving and Ty Lawson.
4th in steals for PG

Let's see Luke Ridnour do that........

DStebb716
07-11-2012, 11:09 AM
dude is really overrated. not evej in the top 15 at his own position. not even in the top 20 probably

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

:crazysam:

DStebb716
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Those aren't even good numbers. That includes his garbage time minutes games, bringing averages down.

For 26 games he played regular minutes:

34.2 Minutes
18.5 PPG
7.7 APG
3.7 RPG
2.0 SPG

Those numbers put him:

6th in scoring for point guards, tied with Kyrie Irving.
9th in assists, tied with Tony Parker.
9th in rebounds for PG, tied with Kyrie Irving and Ty Lawson.
4th in steals for PG

Let's see Luke Ridnour do that........

I know, I put the numbers with garbage time included to prove how stupid his post was. Even with half a season of garbage time, he still posted better numbers than Ridnour did at his peak.

1rkrage
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
lintastic!

WhySoInsecure?
07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Don't talk nonsense. The News isn't a favorite source of mine, but they obviously don't "make up half" of their stories.

If a news source prints information that a party feels is false, and that injures their reputation, a lawsuit is a definite option. Not likely in this case, but an option nonetheless.

What exactly would be the News' motivation to print a completely false story about a player who is loved by so many in the city?

I think there's some truth to it, and Lin -- along with his people -- need to just keep a lid on things until the contract situation has been resolved.
They make their money on ads and stupid headlines like this one sells papers. They're known for absurd stories and are the US version of "The Sun"

The story it self is nothing but speculation, you have an unknown league source saying that Lin is surprised that he didn't get an offer on the first day and that is turned into an article about him being annoyed.

The guy has an economics degree from Harverd, I have a hard time believing that he'd be shocked that the market would determine his price. We're not talking about a dumb as like Marbury here, everyone knew the knicks would just wait and see what teams offer him.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
They make their money on ads and stupid headlines like this one sells papers. They're known for absurd stories and are the US version of "The Sun"

The story it self is nothing but speculation, you have an unknown league source saying that Lin is surprised that he didn't get an offer on the first day and that is turned into an article about him being annoyed.

The guy has an economics degree from Harverd, I have a hard time believing that he'd be shocked that the market would determine his price. We're not talking about a dumb as like Marbury here, everyone knew the knicks would just wait and see what teams offer him.
I think what you say applies more to the NY Post, but whatever.

Like I said, we'll see how this turns out. The News is getting heat for the story, so they may have to come out with something more explicit.

LJJ
07-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm sure Lin is very upset to be playing in New York with Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire instead of playing on a lottery team in Texas.

Especially at the same salary. Lin is upset, no doubt.

jstern
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Ummm, HE is the one that went out and tested the market. He is Linsane.

I know, it said that the Rockets offered him 28 million for 4 years. 10+ the first 2 years, and 9 million + the 2 following that. That's over 40 million.

And it also said that the Knicks will match what the Rockets offer up to 1 BILLION.

Edit: Perhaps they meant a total of 10.2 million in the first two seasons. But still, the 1 billion mistake. Sounds like who ever wrote was excited to just get it out there, so never really check to find if anything it off. So I would take their word about Lin being upset, since it doesn't make sense that he would.

"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

LJJ
07-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I know, it said that the Rockets offered him 28 million for 4 years. 10+ the first 2 years, and 9 million + the 2 following that. That's over 40 million.

And it also said that the Knicks will match what the Rockets offer up to 1 BILLION.

It says they pay him 10 million over the first 2 years, and then 9 a year for the next two. That is 28 million.

jstern
07-11-2012, 11:36 AM
It says they pay him 10 million over the first 2 years, and then 9 a year for the next two. That is 28 million.
Yeah, I noticed the mistake and fixed it. It happens I guess.

Blue&Orange
07-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Is Roy Hibbert upset also?

I blame this on Eric gordon and his utterly failure in comprehend what restricted free agent means. Poor fellow thought he had leverage and now off-course every RFA is upset if the story sells, period.

Crown&Coke
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
I think it was pretty common knowledge that both Lin and EJ were going to be matched

dont see how either dude can be upset. Only thing it could be was that the teams did not reach out and specifically tell the player or their agent "we will match any offer"

which should have been implied since both teams had said that publicly before free agency even began

D-Rose
07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
‏@JLin7

Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

xfactor99
07-11-2012, 12:40 PM
smh at people believing the NY Daily News :no:

Linspired
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
No way Lin publicly said this. lol it's the new york tabloid doing their daily making up stories routine

nothing new here.

Grey Dawn
07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Lin is a retarded bitch who obviously didn't learn anything about how business is done at Harvard.

His ass should just feel lucky he is getting any millions $ in the first place.

Grey Dawn
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
:roll: :lol :oldlol:

:crazysam:

No, the laughing is at you, Knicks homer.

Grey Dawn
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't think players understand what Restricted Free Agency is anymore.

When you're Unrestricted, then you can bitch about a team not making you an offer.

Exactly!

Linspired
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Lin is a retarded bitch who obviously didn't learn anything about how business is done at Harvard.

His ass should just feel lucky he is getting any millions $ in the first place.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bitter that you went to El Camino College instead of HAAAAAAVAAD?

ProfessorMurder
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Dude went to Harvard, but doesn't grasp the concept of 'not bidding against yourself'?

jbot
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
The Knicks clearly said they were gonna "wait and see", they waited, saw and are matching the offer. No biggie
exactly. either the kid is overreacting or it's just a bs story.

flipogb
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Typical Asian, does well in math but dumb as rocks in everything else

bagelred
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM

Edit: Perhaps they meant a total of 10.2 million in the first two seasons. But still, the 1 billion mistake.

It's called a joke. He was joking.

phoenix_bladen
07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
twitter
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7

u guys are all ****ing retarded! stfu all!

Linspired
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
everyone here knows this is a fake story by biggest troll, NY daily

but people want to b1!@tch and moan because they hate new york. :applause:

inclinerator
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
twitter
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7

lol lin da gawd has spoken:bowdown: :bowdown:

Nick Young
07-11-2012, 04:00 PM
linsanity come to LAL!!!

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 04:04 PM
twitter
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7

So, people are of the opinion that a major New York daily newspaper would, out of nothing, completely make up a story about Jeremy Lin?

I simply don't believe that. Perhaps it was sensationalized a bit -- I can see that happening. But the basic story undoubtedly has a kernel of truth.

We've seen how Lin and his agent have conducted themselves during the negotiations. Hearing that he's "unhappy" with the Knicks wasn't a shocker for me.

This tweet just shows that Lin is hearing the backlash and is in damage control mode.

Blue&Orange
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
So, people are of the opinion that a major New York daily newspaper would, out of nothing, completely make up a story about Jeremy Lin?

I simply don't believe that. Perhaps it was sensationalized a bit -- I can see that happening. But the basic story undoubtedly has a kernel of truth.

We've seen how Lin and his agent have conducted themselves during the negotiations. Hearing that he's "unhappy" with the Knicks wasn't a shocker for me.

This tweet just shows that Lin is hearing the backlash and is in damage control mode.
lol what a dumbass

Media - "Jeremy Lin was found dead"
Lin - "lol i'm alive guys"
Shepwhatever - "Damage control!!"

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 06:27 PM
lol what a dumbass

Media - "Jeremy Lin was found dead"
Lin - "lol i'm alive guys"
Shepwhatever - "Damage control!!"
You just described yourself... then went on to prove it.

Don't hurt your brain by trying to understand complex subjects.

niko
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
You just described yourself... then went on to prove it.

Don't hurt your brain by trying to understand complex subjects.
He went out to dinner with members of the Knicks FO the night he signed the Houston offer sheet. He might not be lying about this. If you see on page 1 i thought he was, but i found that out, and the fact the knicks could only offer a total of $24M over 4 years. This might just be the media.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 07:15 PM
He went out to dinner with members of the Knicks FO the night he signed the Houston offer sheet. He might not be lying about this. If you see on page 1 i thought he was, but i found that out, and the fact the knicks could only offer a total of $24M over 4 years. This might just be the media.
Even given this info, I'm having a very hard time believing that the News would completely fabricate this story. There are serious ramifications for doing something like that -- certainly not worth it for putting out just one "hot" story and getting more traffic to their website.

Maybe what Lin, or one of his people, said was trumped up a bit, but there has to be some truth to it or the story wouldn't have been written, or passed on from the editor's desk.

LJJ
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Even given this info, I'm having a very hard time believing that the News would completely fabricate this story. There are serious ramifications for doing something like that -- certainly not worth it for putting out just one "hot" story and getting more traffic to their website.

:oldlol:

The news fabricates stories all the time buddy, especially in sections such as "sports rumors". You can literally pull stuff out of your ass without any ramifications whatsoever.

Go check up on some of the shit they printed as official news during the last off season, you wouldn't believe some of the shit they passed off as news.

knickballer
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM

The news fabricates stories all the time buddy, especially in sections such as "sports rumors". You can literally pull stuff out of your ass without any ramifications whatsoever.

Go check up on some of the shit they printed as official news during the last off season, you wouldn't believe some of the shit they passed off as news.

Pretty much this. If they can twist a story to make some money off of it they will.

niko
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM

Maybe what Lin, or one of his people, said was trumped up a bit, but there has to be some truth to it or the story wouldn't have been written, or passed on from the editor's desk.
Mitch Lawrence (and like every writer in NYC practically) has an uneasy relationship with the Knicks, going back to the Isiah days where reporters were banned from almost all over to currently where Dolan thinks leaking a trade is like leaking state secrets. Him taking 1 person telling him this and him turning it into this whole article doesn't strike me as impossible.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Whatever, "buddy". This wasn't a 'sports rumor', it was a column written by one of their leading journalists -- which carries quite a different standard.

As bad as you obviously think the News is, I don't believe they make things up and publish them as regular news items or columns.

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Mitch Lawrence (and like every writer in NYC practically) has an uneasy relationship with the Knicks, going back to the Isiah days where reporters were banned from almost all over to currently where Dolan thinks leaking a trade is like leaking state secrets. Him taking 1 person telling him this and him turning it into this whole article doesn't strike me as impossible.
I grew up in NY, so I understand the natural tension that exists there between the media and sports teams very well.

Do I think that stories are embellished at times, yes. I just refuse to believe that Lawrence would put something like this out without a solid, if unnamed, source.

LJJ
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Whatever, "buddy". This wasn't a 'sports rumor', it was a column written by one of their leading journalists -- which carries quite a different standard.

As bad as you obviously think the News is, I don't believe they make things up and publish them as regular news items or columns.

If it's not backed by any sort of fact or confirmation, it is exactly that. A rumor.

Basically everybody directly involved is saying it's bullshit. Except one unnamed (at best indirect, at worst imaginary) source from a newspaper known to print many bullshit sport stories. Who to believe?

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 07:55 PM
If it's not backed by any sort of fact or confirmation, it is exactly that. A rumor.
That's a big "if". Quoting from an unnamed source occurs frequently. It doesn't make the story a 'rumor'.

Basically everybody directly involved is saying it's bullshit. Except one unnamed (at best indirect, at worst imaginary) source from a newspaper known to print many bullshit sport stories. Who to believe?
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't happen to agree with you, so c'est la vie.

Darius
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
He's complaining?

He is getting $3m/yr for how good a player he is and $6m/yr for being Chinese.

Good deal.

NumberSix
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
This dude is acting like a bitch.

niko
07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I grew up in NY, so I understand the natural tension that exists there between the media and sports teams very well.

Do I think that stories are embellished at times, yes. I just refuse to believe that Lawrence would put something like this out without a solid, if unnamed, source.
You grew up in NY and you think the NY Papers can't have a bullshit story in them because it's a regular columnist? Seriously? Did you grow up in the 60's?

williams012
07-11-2012, 08:09 PM
To me the whole article sounds shitty. "A close source said this" "Another source said this".

Who knows really whats going on?

Shepseskaf
07-11-2012, 08:12 PM
You grew up in NY and you think the NY Papers can't have a bullshit story in them because it's a regular columnist? Seriously? Did you grow up in the 60's?
This is my last word on topic. Yes, columnists sometimes twist and embellish the truth, but I don't believe that an entirely fabricated story of this nature would be published in a major newspaper.

There have been major journalism scandals when this has happened, and it was discovered. The situation usually ends with the journalist being fired for cause.

niko
07-11-2012, 08:15 PM
This is my last word on topic. Yes, columnists sometimes twist and embellish the truth, but I don't believe that an entirely fabricated story of this nature would be published in a major newspaper.

There have been major journalism scandals when this has happened, and it was discovered. The situation usually ends with the journalist being fired for cause.
IT was all rumors from unnamed source. It could be people who don't like Lin making shit up. It doesn't have to even be Mitch embelleshing.

I don't necesarrily even know if im right or you are, but i find it strange how sure you are the story just has to be true, and that you are talking about Mitch Lawrence being fired. He cites unnamed sources. How could Lin prove he's lying?

Hotlantadude81
07-11-2012, 08:19 PM
The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.

According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.

Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.

"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."

The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.

However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.

Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''

Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.

Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8155983/jeremy-lin-upset-new-york-knicks

It doesn't take long before a sense of self-entitlement kicks in.... Does it?

ispin69
07-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Didn't read thread but doesn't he have bird rights recently declared by the NBA? Meaning they can go over the cap to resign. Isn't this why they would want to resign him last? He has nothing to worry about once he got that big offer from Houston.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Looks like he clearly wanted to stay in NY prior to that

mikek85
07-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Jeremy Lin responded to ESPN, said he never said this, quote is a fake.

Burn this thread.

bluechox2
07-12-2012, 02:05 AM
But Lin went on to tweet, "Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

GOBB
07-12-2012, 08:56 AM

What are you stupid? The statement "They will match lin up to 1 billion dollars" implies no matter what a team offers Lin they are matching. And are willing to go as high as the other team goes. How do you not read and comprehend that?

Blue&Orange
07-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Knicks said they would match any offer
Coach said that Lin absolutely would be back
Knicks get two veteran PG to tutor Lin
Lin says he isn't upset...

Lin is lying the guy that have to write something in order to get paid is telling the truth.

niko
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Knicks said they would match any offer
Coach said that Lin absolutely would be back
Knicks get two veteran PG to tutor Lin
Lin says he isn't upset...

Lin is lying the guy that have to write something in order to get paid is telling the truth.

Knicks told Lin to get an offer so he can get paid more. Knicks could only pay $24M over 4 years unless he got another offer. Knicks said go get that offer. He went and found a larger offer. The Knicks then matched it. And to show that, upon signing the Houston offer sheet, he hung out with members of the Knick front office. But he's mad.

It doesn't make sense.

Blue&Orange
07-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Knicks told Lin to get an offer so he can get paid more. Knicks could only pay $24M over 4 years unless he got another offer. Knicks said go get that offer. He went and found a larger offer. The Knicks then matched it. And to show that, upon signing the Houston offer sheet, he hung out with members of the Knick front office. But he's mad.

It doesn't make sense.
I would say bullshit to that to any team but the Knicks :lol
Same reason i think Knicks might match Fields offer. Dollar for dollar absolutely doesn't scares Dolan :pimp:

niko
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I would say bullshit to that to any team but the Knicks :lol
Same reason i think Knicks might match Fields offer. Dollar for dollar absolutely doesn't scares Dolan :pimp:

The rule in the CBA is the Knicks can only pay $24M. They can match any offer, but they cannot make a larger initial offer than $24M. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Lin had to get a better offer for the Knicks to match or he was capped at $24M.

Blue&Orange
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
The rule in the CBA is the Knicks can only pay $24M. They can match any offer, but they cannot make a larger initial offer than $24M. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Lin had to get a better offer for the Knicks to match or he was capped at $24M.
I meant the Knicks wanting to pay more than they were allowed part.

Knicks brass "Hey guys if no one offers a contract to Lin, we will be able to keep him for cheap"
Dolan "Not in my watch, give me a phone, Hey Lin it's Dolan, get you ass outthere and sign some big ass contract"

But thinking about it, it kind makes sense, you make the player happy, his agent and sends a message to the other players, there was a reason JR came back, he knows he is going to be taken care off.

I won't even be surprised if the Houston offer to Lin and the Camby trade are connected, by signing to a reasonable Houston offer, it cockblocked any stupid GM for making a Fields type of offer and the Knicks said thank you by giving a few more assets for Camby... u never know.