dafuq?

AlonzoGOAT
07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Glad OKC has some serious competition now

In bobcat hunting

PickernRoller
07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
AMSTill was right...

Kaman would have been a perfect fit for the Celtics if they wanted to seriously contend against the Heat. That KG payout and the resigning of Bass :facepalm

Anyway, Mavs still need the SG/SF and PG spot to fill in the starting line-up after this mess.....

Dwight to Dallas is over I guess....

DuMa
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
i'm still waiting on them to amnesty haywood.

bagelred
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I assume Brendon Haywood will have to be amnestied. Otherwise, what are they paying him for?

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM

I doubt they will amnesty Haywood unless they need to clear out some money which I'd guess they don't need to right now since they didn't get Deron and Howard like they planned.

Kurosawa0
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
If they could add Kaman and maybe an Aaron Brooks, Dallas could be back in the mix.

All Net

Doubt they seem committed to doing that

d.bball.guy
lol Didn't see this one

Ancient Legend
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Kaman and Dirk, teammates once again.

IGotACoolStory
07-11-2012, 05:33 PM
The pieces are coming to together. Now where is Deron?

Oh...

swi7ch
Cuban's master plan! :roll:

DuMa
Kaman and Dirk, teammates once again.

dat german twin tower. Minny is so jelly right now

BlackVVaves
07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
If they could add Kaman and maybe an Aaron Brooks, Dallas could be back in the mix.

How so?

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Mavs signed on a 1 year deal-8 million.

So if Dwight aint traded and he opts out. Dallas might still have a chance for him.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Now if they can sign Sessions and get Brand off the amnesty provision they may be back in contention.

Pink Tigress
I doubt they will amnesty Haywood unless they need to clear out some money which I'd guess they don't need to right now since they didn't get Deron and Howard like they planned.

Unless Dwight changes his mind about going to the Lakers they still may get Dwight. I have a feeling Cuban, Carlisle, & Donnie Nelson will be introducing Howard to the Dallas media and fans this time next year.

All Net
1 year deal

Kurosawa0
07-11-2012, 05:37 PM
How so?

They'd have a quick, scoring guard in Brooks.

Defensive stopper in Marion.

Closer and a player that can be the best player on the floor against anyone, in Dirk.

Plus two 7 footers in Kaman and Haywood.

That's should be a top 3 or 4 team in the West. Right there with OKC, the Lakers and Spurs.

Droid101
Eight million? One year?

The hell?? He's as good as Brook Lopez. Why the **** is he getting shafted?

Mr Know It All
Now if they can sign Sessions and get Brand off the amnesty provision they may be back in contention.

Would be a really solid front court.

Pink Tigress
07-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Eight million? One year?

The hell?? He's as good as Brook Lopez. Why the **** is he getting shafted?

The Mavs are not signing anyone past 1 year. They are hanging on to cap space.

Meticode
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
So the Mavericsk couldn't get Deron Williams, so they're backup plan was Chris f*ckin' Kaman? :wtf:

Droid101
07-11-2012, 05:40 PM
The Mavs are not signing anyone past 1 year. They are hanging on to cap space.
So, why does Kaman go there? He could get more elsewhere.

Kurosawa0
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
So the Mavericsk couldn't get Deron Williams, so they're backup plan was Chris f*ckin' Kaman? :wtf:

Looks like they plan to just roll their cap space forward and hope for the best.

UtahJazzFan88
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
1 year/8 mil is a nice deal.

Sign Aaron Brooks and OJ Mayo, along with bringing back Delonte West and maybe Brand and the Mavs might be solid still.

PG - Brooks / West
SG - West / Mayo (Sixth Man)
SF - Marion / Carter
PF - Dirk / Brand
C - Kaman / Haywood

creepingdeath
07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
1 year deal.. great! :rockon: Finally some good news..

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM

Hopefully they don't get Brand and use their cap space to get Al Jefferson's expiring contract. They were the team the Jazz outbid for him if I remember correctly.

So, why does Kaman go there? He could get more elsewhere.

He can?

So the Mavericsk couldn't get Deron Williams, so they're backup plan was Chris f*ckin' Kaman?

More like Chris Paul/Dwight Howard.

bmulls
07-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Cuban is now hoping that about a million things go right and we can make a play for Dwight and CP3.

If we could have gotten Nash, Nash/Kaman wouldn't have been a total disaster. With Sessions we could still be a playoff team.

NugzFan
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
sounds like they are just filling out the roster with short term deals...there is a minimum salary and minimum number of players dallas needs to reach.

nothing wrong with a one year deal for kaman...works for dallas very well IMO.

Droid101
He can?

I don't see why not? Would you rather have Brook Lopez at 15 mill a year for four years, or Kaman at 9 a year for four years? 8 a year for four years? 3 years?

A one year deal is ridiculous and he needs to fire his agent immediately.

PickernRoller

:roll: :roll: :roll:

irondarts
Nice and reasonable deal. Surprised Kaman only got a 1 year deal. Good for the Mavs, though.

DKLaker
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
They'd have a quick, scoring guard in Brooks.

Defensive stopper in Marion.

Closer and a player that can be the best player on the floor against anyone, in Dirk.

Plus two 7 footers in Kaman and Haywood.

That's should be a top 3 or 4 team in the West. Right there with OKC, the Lakers and Spurs.

They would be 4 or 5 but not a serious contender, they lost too many better pieces the last 2 years. Kaman was a good pickup.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Here's his most recent tweet:

I do love Texas guns laws tho! Pretty excited......

PP34Deuce
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Dallas right now is no different than a dangerous Nuggets team who is like 4-6th seed. They are better than Utah and the rockets, but they are stuck as above average team.

I have a feeling Cuban will gut this team next year.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I have a feeling Cuban will gut this team next year.

What do you mean? He has already gutted the team. The only players who are left from the championship team are:

Dirk
Haywood
Marion
Mahimi
Cardinal
Roddy (didn't play at all in the playoffs)
Dominique Jones (didn't play at all during the playoffs)

And out of that list, Cardinal and Ian are probably not going to be re-signed and Haywood is probably going to be amnestied.

rhythmic
07-11-2012, 06:08 PM

:oldlol: Are you serious?
In the mix for what? 8th seed?

PP34Deuce
07-11-2012, 06:10 PM
What do you mean? He has already gutted the team. The only players who are left from the championship team are:

Dirk
Haywood
Marion
Mahimi
Cardinal
Roddy (didn't play at all in the playoffs)
Dominique Jones (didn't play at all during the playoffs)

And out of that list, Cardinal and Ian are probably not going to be re-signed and Haywood is probably going to be amnestied.

WOW. I forgot how many key players have left. Dallas is in a TOUGH spot. They have good players and a top 10 player who cant dominate night in and night out. I do think Dirk plays better this year averaging 25 ppg.

TMT
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Damn wanted the Spurs to make a run at him with the MLE.

Kurosawa0
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

longtime lurker
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Nice signing by Dallas although its about 5 years too late. Chris Kaman for 8 million I have no idea why the Heat didn't target this guy. They need to solidify their front court.

UtahJazzFan88
07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
If Dallas wants to be competitive this year and do well they could sign Aaron Brooks and Mayo (Jason Terry 2.0 role) to multi-year deals. But realistically I think they'll sign Sessions, West, maybe a SG like Courtney Lee or Barbosa and CJ Miles.

Decently Competitive Roster
PG - Aaron Brooks (32 mins) / Roddy Beaubois (10 mins)
SG - Delonte West (24 mins) / OJ Mayo (30 mins) / Dominique Jones (0 mins)
SF - Shawn Marion (29 mins) / Vince Carter (19 mins)
PF - Dirk Nowitski (33 mins) / Elton Brand (24 mins)
C - Chris Kaman (28 mins) / Brendan Haywood (11 mins) / Brandan Wright (0 mins)

Kurosawa0
They would be 4 or 5 but not a serious contender, they lost too many better pieces the last 2 years. Kaman was a good pickup.

I don't see them beating OKC, but that team could probably compete quite well with the Lakers and Spurs.

PickernRoller
Damn wanted the Spurs to make a run at him with the MLE.

Lets not get greedy here.....(forget the Laker affiliation)

Punpun
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Chris Kaman @ChrisKaman

I do love Texas guns laws tho! Pretty excited......

Killing spree on pets inc.
:yaohappy:

Kurosawa0
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Nice signing by Dallas although its about 5 years too late. Chris Kaman for 8 million I have no idea why the Heat didn't target this guy. They need to solidify their front court.

Miami could only offer $9 million over 3 years. Why would Kaman take that if he had this offer on the table? He can bank $8 million this year and still get a deal like the one from Miami next season.

TMT
07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Lets not get greedy here.....(forget the Laker affiliation)

Who's being greedy? As a team that has been desperate for a solid center for years now I stand by my statement. :lol

R.I.P.
07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Marion
Dirk
Kaman

Wallace
Teletovic
Lopez

Happy now bitch?

Oh right you got Joe Johnson.

http://celilander.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/haha.gif

NugzFan
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
They were the 7th seed this year and adding Brooks and Kaman would make them significantly better.

:oldlol: no they wouldnt. not even close.

Kurosawa0
07-11-2012, 06:20 PM
:oldlol: no they wouldnt. not even close.

Did you watch Dallas last year?

LJJ
07-11-2012, 06:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UB1eV.gif

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Dallas lost about 5-7 games last year in the final 5 seconds. Seriously look it up. If they get any of those bounces they could have been a 3rd or 4th seed.

And that was with Dirk sitting out for about a week. Kidd sitting out back to backs and being out for a couple of weeks as well. And Jason Terry going awol for about half the year.

-p.tiddy-
07-11-2012, 06:28 PM
damn I was not aware he is a 7 footer

12/8 guy....good deal :applause:

BlackVVaves
07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Dallas lost about 5-7 games last year in the final 5 seconds. Seriously look it up. If they get any of those bounces they could have been a 3rd or 4th seed.

And that was with Dirk sitting out for about a week. Kidd sitting out back to backs and being out for a couple of weeks as well. And Jason Terry going awol for about half the year.

And would have lost to the Clippers or Grizzlies in the first round :confusedshrug:

jbot
07-11-2012, 06:34 PM
decent signing imo.

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't see why not? Would you rather have Brook Lopez at 15 mill a year for four years, or Kaman at 9 a year for four years? 8 a year for four years? 3 years?

A one year deal is ridiculous and he needs to fire his agent immediately.

Teams want the guy with upside that's not injury prone. Kaman did very well to get 8 million and possibly play a big role on a good team with his German teammate and he can look for a multi year deal next year. The other teams with money are rebuilding.

kentatm
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM

maybe. I think they would still need some wing scoring.

this offseason has been nowhere near as bad as some have been saying though.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
And would have lost to the Clippers or Grizzlies in the first round.

Maybe. But I was just pointing out that it isn't far fetched to think the Mavs this year can be better than last year.

Because if you watched the Mavs all year, they were terrible for a lot of the year. And still managed to get in the playoffs even with how terrible they were.

Freedom Kid7
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
At least they got someone of value :confusedshrug:

knickballer
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Great signing. Kaman is the type of player that flops one season but beasts the next season and with the right motivation(seems happy in Dallas) he may be a top 5 center next year. He's had double digits years where he almost put up 20/10..

They should be looking to get Mayo as he's the player with the highest reward/potential left in Free Agency. He's young and would be a nice piece to build upon for the future, it's sad that he wasted his career in Memphis.. He needs a starting role and Dallas is the type of organization that will develop him into a top 5-10 NBA SG.

BlackVVaves
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Maybe. But I was just pointing out that it isn't far fetched to think the Mavs this year can be better than last year.

Because if you watched the Mavs all year, they were terrible for a lot of the year. And still managed to get in the playoffs even with how terrible they were.

I certainly hope they are. Though I don't agree with their mentality regarding cap space the last two off-seasons (this one and the brief one after the lockout), I can surely understand Donnie not wanting to throw max contracts at anyone just to do it, unlike many of his GM counterparts.

Still, Dallas truly did break up a championship roster for a long shot, and I think if Dallas continues to walk along the lines of mediocrity as Dirk's career yields to a hault, people will look back and place the blame on Cuban and Dallas' front office tremendously.

Not sure if you Mavs fans have read these yet but:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4690714/tyson-chandler-feels-sorry-for-dirk-nowitzki

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/07/dirk-nowitzki-told-jason-kidd-go-to-new-york-when-the-guard-was-still-mulling-over-his-decision

Suckafree
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Kaman needs to fire hs agent imediately

hawkfan
07-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Great signing. Kaman is the type of player that flops one season but beasts the next season and with the right motivation(seems happy in Dallas) he may be a top 5 center next year. He's had double digits years where he almost put up 20/10..

They should be looking to get Mayo as he's the player with the highest reward/potential left in Free Agency. He's young and would be a nice piece to build upon for the future, it's sad that he wasted his career in Memphis.. He needs a starting role and Dallas is the type of organization that will develop him into a top 5-10 NBA SG.

Mayo would be a good pickup for the Mavs, unless he is headed to Indy.

DirkNowitzki41
07-11-2012, 07:12 PM

This post is so :biggums:

LJJ
07-11-2012, 07:15 PM

The type of player who flops one seasons and beasts the next? He had like one good season buddy.

And he played like only half the games on average over the last 5 seasons. He's a slow, inefficient black hole on offense, he doesn't try to play defense, he's usually injured and he's a team cancer.

jbryan1984
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
This would had been helpful last season........

DuMa
07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
http://twitpic.com/a6jr40

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Add Dantay Jones and Collison to the mix in Dallas now too.

JohnnySic
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Good pickup...

DTreats
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Collison
Jones
Marion
Nowitzki
Kaman

isn't bad at all, it'll be interesting to watch this team.

ihatetimthomas
07-11-2012, 08:49 PM
If healthy, a solid pick up but he is unlikely to remain healthy for an entire season for the rest of his career. He has been injury prone the last five years. Low risk deal but don't expect him to be in the lineup the entire year

bigt
07-12-2012, 03:25 AM
That's a good start for Dallas. Ideally they get OJ Mayo, they need somebody who they can bank on for points, and I think Mayo is probably the best option with those who are available. And then get Darren Collison or Aaron Brooks. Not sure how much capspace the team has left, but ideally they can get a couple of solid pieces to at least remain competitive. No point blowing it all up while Dirk is there, milk him for all you can. A team like this might get lucky and make the playoffs.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Mavs = Team Germany

Cone
07-12-2012, 03:57 AM
That's a good start for Dallas. Ideally they get OJ Mayo, they need somebody who they can bank on for points, and I think Mayo is probably the best option with those who are available. And then get Darren Collison or Aaron Brooks. Not sure how much capspace the team has left, but ideally they can get a couple of solid pieces to at least remain competitive. No point blowing it all up while Dirk is there, milk him for all you can. A team like this might get lucky and make the playoffs.

:wtf:

You think this team needs luck to make the playoffs? :biggums:

ihatetimthomas
07-12-2012, 04:03 AM
:wtf:

You think this team needs luck to make the playoffs? :biggums:

Personally, I think the Mavs will struggle next year. They basically have a new team around Dirk, and they will have to learn how to play with each other. There are going to be growing pains. New pg, new center, new bench. Its not going to be a walk in the park, even to make the playoffs.

Optimus Prime
07-12-2012, 08:29 AM
I don't see them beating OKC, but that team could probably compete quite well with the Lakers and Spurs.

:kobe:

IF the Mavs even make the playoffs and meet the Lakers we talkin broom time. Clean sweep. Come on now.

OmniStrife
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
8 Mil?? Damn that's an awesome signing.

He's a very skilled big.

spiegel
07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Portland could have used him.

no pun intended
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
German frontcourt duo wheeeeee

creepingdeath
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM

IF the Mavs even make the playoffs and meet the Lakers we talkin broom time. Clean sweep. Come on now.

http://mikesmitty214.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/broom3.jpg
Say what, again? Did I hear something?

Godzuki
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Kaman was the best value big man available. its amazing he was floating around in FA and only getting $8 mill. great move by Cuban :applause:

50inchvertical
07-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Lowered expectations; when you go from Deron Williams to Darren Collison, and Dwight Howard to Chris Kaman. Sucks to be them. Great job though only getting Kaman on a 1 yr deal so they can try to make an FA splash next yr.