PDA

View Full Version : Rockets considering amnestying Luis Scola to make room for Howard

bagelred
07-11-2012, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE]http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/07/rockets-re-emerge-as-contender-in-howard-sweepstakes-as-talks-with-magic-grow-serious/

With the Brooklyn Nets going another direction, the Rockets could be in the driver

StateOfMind12
07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Please free Scola out of his misery, guy deserves to play on a contending team and get a chance to win a ring.

LosBulls
07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Amnesty Boozer, Pick Up Scola!!!!

Hiei
07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
What's stopping Howard from leaving Houston when they get knocked out in the first round? Got to be careful with the drama queen.

LosBulls
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
What's stopping Howard from leaving Houston when they get knocked out in the first round? Got to be careful with the drama queen.
Lakers/Nets won't have the cash to sign him so he would still end up going to a trash team. That will make Dwight think either he ****s over Houston to go to an equally bad team or stay there and make a name for himself instead of being a b1tch

niko
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Please free Scola out of his misery, guy deserves to play on a contending team and get a chance to win a ring.
Which is 100% the opposite of what will happen in the amnesty process.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Lakers/Nets won't have the cash to sign him so he would still end up going to a trash team. That will make Dwight think either he ****s over Houston to go to an equally bad team or stay there and make a name for himself instead of being a b1tch
publicly stated he does not want to follow in hakeem's footsteps.

bmulls
07-11-2012, 10:41 PM

Leave and go where? Nets can't sign him, Lakers can't sign him. The list of teams that aren't total sh!t every year AND can also sign a max free agent is small and getting smaller every day.

It's not a terrible gamble.

Suckafree
07-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Amnesty Boozer, Pick Up Scola!!!!

Yes PLEASE!

raiderfan19
07-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Leave and go where? Nets can't sign him, Lakers can't sign him. The list of teams that aren't total sh!t every year AND can also sign a max free agent is small and getting smaller every day.

It's not a terrible gamble.
Dallas

LosBulls
07-11-2012, 10:43 PM
He can leave Houston and go play with Kemba,Bismack, and MKG.

Wait a second..thats not a bad idea...

BlackVVaves
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Amnesty Luis Scola for a delicate chance at receiving a player that doesn't even want to be there.

Could be coolish.

MeLO MvP 15
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
It's a shame that most of the teams that would bid on him would probably be lottery teams. Although maybe he could wind up on Philly, Indy or Dallas. He's a very good starting PF and who ever gets him will be getting a steal. He's probably one of the only amnesty guys that is worth his actual contract (meaning that even if bids go up to his whole contract that team will get a good deal).

talkingconch
07-11-2012, 10:48 PM
hell be on the lakers. best chance to win

niko
07-11-2012, 10:51 PM
It's a shame that most of the teams that would bid on him would probably be lottery teams. Although maybe he could wind up on Philly, Indy or Dallas. He's a very good starting PF and who ever gets him will be getting a steal. He's probably one of the only amnesty guys that is worth his actual contract (meaning that even if bids go up to his whole contract that team will get a good deal).
None of those options are that attractive. Philly media is beyond frightening, Indiana is Indiana (aren't they using their cap space on Hibbert and others? Dallas maybe.

TMT
07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
He should come and join the best Argentinian to ever play the game over here in San Antonio. :cheers: Come home to where you were drafted Luis!

MiseryCityTexas
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Spurs gonna get him.

MeLO MvP 15
07-11-2012, 10:56 PM
None of those options are that attractive. Philly media is beyond frightening, Indiana is Indiana (aren't they using their cap space on Hibbert and others? Dallas maybe.
I meant that they were more attractive than the other teams with cap space.

NumberSix
07-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, and I'm kicking my girl out to make sure there's room for Beyonc

IGotACoolStory
07-11-2012, 10:57 PM
The Rockets are ****ing crazy.

When the news first surfaced that they were going all in for Howard, I liked it. Because they're a borderline playoff team now and no one wants to be stuck in mediocrity. Go for the franchise changing player or blow up trying. The blowing up would need to happen sooner or later, anyway, unless someone suddenly developed into a superstar on that team. Seemed like a good, albeit risky, gamble.

Amnesty their best player with no guarantee Howard will come? Okay... They aren't geniuses, they are bat shit crazy.

icewill36
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
who do the rockets even have left ? think howard wants to be on a lottery team ? wtf are they thinking ?

NumberSix
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Dwight should just sign with Miami for the vets minimum

InB4 rage

stevieming
07-12-2012, 04:12 AM
I wonder if Dallas can make a run for him if he gets amnestied.

Cuban better get someone....

RazorBaLade
07-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Don't do it Rockets. Don't do this to me.

mrpibb
07-12-2012, 04:18 AM
I've read some stupid shit on this board tonight, and this is the stupidest. What are they doing!?

bluechox2
07-12-2012, 04:33 AM
i can see teh bobcats picking him up

Punpun
07-12-2012, 04:38 AM
But there is no talk ongoing anymore.

Raz
07-12-2012, 08:28 AM

Also publicly stated he does not want to follow in Benoit Benjamin's footsteps, re: Nets.

:roll:

niko
07-12-2012, 08:34 AM
But there is no talk ongoing anymore.
Yes there is. Hennigan said he hasn't broken off talks with anyone. The difference is, no Billy King, no leaks.

niko
07-12-2012, 08:39 AM
He should come and join the best Argentinian to ever play the game over here in San Antonio. :cheers: Come home to where you were drafted Luis!
Go get him. You need to bid.

Mr Exlax
07-12-2012, 08:48 AM

Could you please find the source of this? I can't seem to find it.

miamiandorlando
07-12-2012, 08:50 AM
please, and take all those shitty magic contracts too

ZenMaster
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
So Houston going for Howard, Shabazz or Noel?

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Houston is desperate and pathetic. They want to amnesty Luis Scola for a rental. I would understand if Howard included Houston in his original list but this team is a joke.:facepalm

Arroyo8
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Houston is desperate and pathetic. They want to amnesty Luis Scola for a rental. I would understand if Howard included Houston in his original list but this team is a joke.:facepalm
would rather see him go there for a year then wherever and get a better deal than just give into his crying and ship him to the nets for a shittier package

El Kabong
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Man, Morey's putting all his chips on the Dwight Howard hand. He's either gonna wind up looking like a genius, or he's gonna get himself fired.

fatboy11
07-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't think the risk is quite as great as some are making it out to be in the Rockets acquiring Howard.

Worst case: He really doesn't want to be in Houston and they either trade him at the deadline or sign and trade him in the offseason.

Best case: He has no other real options but than to stay in Houston ($$$).

Dwight Howard is not going to leave 25 million dollars on the table. He's just not going to. If he really doesn't want to be a Rocket long-term, they'll be able to get assets back for him. I don't think there is a scenario where Houston acquires Dwight Howard and then loses him for nothing in the offseason.

niko
07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't think the risk is quite as great as some are making it out to be in the Rockets acquiring Howard.

Worst case: He really doesn't want to be in Houston and they either trade him at the deadline or sign and trade him in the offseason.

Dwight Howard is not going to leave 25 million dollars on the table. He's just not going to. If he really doesn't want to be a Rocket long-term, they'll be able to get assets back for him. I don't think there is a scenario where Houston acquires Dwight Howard and then loses him for nothing in the offseason.

Plus Morey isn't going to do what Orlando did. Morey's going to tell him basically we'll see how things go and he's not going to be bullied by Howard, his agent, etc. If Dwight tries to bully him to send him to Brooklyn, Morey will remove him from the process, or tell him to go walk. Morey's been preparing for this for 2 years.

hihellohi765
07-12-2012, 11:06 AM
I think he's talking about Scola.

wang4three
07-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I once took a class on game theory and I remember the professor screaming at us to not engage into a game with an irrational or crazy player. Morey is proving to be that guy.

lilgodfather1
07-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Here is the problem with you thinking that Dwight will not want to leave 25 million on the table. That might be true, but it doesn't matter if he leaves through S&T he can only be S&T for 4 years not 5, thus making the amount of money that he would be leaving on the table very minimal to say the least since the difference between 3%, and 5% is not very much.

fatboy11
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Here is the problem with you thinking that Dwight will not want to leave 25 million on the table. That might be true, but it doesn't matter if he leaves through S&T he can only be S&T for 4 years not 5, thus making the amount of money that he would be leaving on the table very minimal to say the least since the difference between 3%, and 5% is not very much.

But, to my point, if he leaves through S&T, the Rockets don't come away empty handed. Sign and trade helps the Rockets. That was my point. He can leave, that's fine. But if he's going to leave, it's going to bring assets back to the Rockets. Of course, it won't be anything close to equal value, but it's hard to get equal value for a guy like Dwight Howard. That's why he hasn't been traded yet. At the same time, I would have to believe a sign and trade involving Dwight leaving the Rockets would net them more assets than LeBron's sign and trade. LeBron was okay with leaving the extra money, but he has A LOT more money than Dwight Howard does.

He may not mind the difference between 3% and 5%, but I can assure you he minds the difference between 3% and 0%.

Reverend Hoops
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM

LA Lakers: Shaq, Kareem, Wilt

Houston: Hakeem, Ralph, Moses

Atlanta: Dikembe, Kevin Willis,Tree Rollins :lol

He's going to the Hawks.

Crown&Coke
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
If Im Orlando, you gotta deal him. have to.

If Houston takes all your bad contracts just to get Dwight, thats the team I want to deal with. Plus take some of their fresh talent and take all their picks, all of them

that is better than Bynum, since they would be in the exact same position as they are with Howard now

lilgodfather1
07-12-2012, 01:25 PM
But, to my point, if he leaves through S&T, the Rockets don't come away empty handed. Sign and trade helps the Rockets. That was my point. He can leave, that's fine. But if he's going to leave, it's going to bring assets back to the Rockets. Of course, it won't be anything close to equal value, but it's hard to get equal value for a guy like Dwight Howard. That's why he hasn't been traded yet. At the same time, I would have to believe a sign and trade involving Dwight leaving the Rockets would net them more assets than LeBron's sign and trade. LeBron was okay with leaving the extra money, but he has A LOT more money than Dwight Howard does.

He may not mind the difference between 3% and 5%, but I can assure you he minds the difference between 3% and 0%.
What is 0%? Dwight would be leaving 5% raises on the table going to somewhere like Dallas in a non S&T, but he would still get 4 years and 3% raises meaning 2 dollars for every hundred, 20,000 for every million. Not a big deal really since it would equate to about 200,000 a year (average) which would be like me giving up 200 dollars a pay cheque to go to the place I want to go.

I'm not saying that I disagree with your general point, and if he still wants to go to BK then Houston should tell him to GFHS because their package is trash.

hawkfan
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Trade Scola to Charlotte for Matt Carroll (expirer).

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-12-2012, 02:19 PM
the Rockets will NOT amnesty Scola!
I know this because all the smart posters here on ISH told me that Scola is such a great performer and his contract is not that bad.

All Net
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Only if they do infact have a deal in place

Clove21
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
So Houston basically wants to swap franchise positions with Orlando?

Fast-forward to the end of the season: Dwight walks as a free agent and they remain stuck with the bad contracts they took from Orlando

or

Fast-forward to trade deadline: Houston gets lowballed by the Nets because they know they have to trade Dwight by the deadline or end up with nothing at the end of the season.

R.I.P.
07-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I know this because all the smart posters here on ISH told me that Scola is such a great performer and his contract is not that bad.

Which is true. But

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23365069.jpg

RRR3
07-12-2012, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=NumberSix]Yeah, and I'm kicking my girl out to make sure there's room for Beyonc

LJJ
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I would be shocked if Scola got amnestied, but to all the people saying he "deserves" to be on a contender:

If they amnesty him the lottery teams get the first chance to claim him of waivers. No chance in hell he doesn't get picked up by any of them.

ProfessorMurder
07-12-2012, 05:30 PM

Scola is a damn good player, and a steal at 3 years/21 million.

Kappy
07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
So Houston basically wants to swap franchise positions with Orlando?

Fast-forward to the end of the season: Dwight walks as a free agent and they remain stuck with the bad contracts they took from Orlando

or

Fast-forward to trade deadline: Houston gets lowballed by the Nets because they know they have to trade Dwight by the deadline or end up with nothing at the end of the season.

THIS!!

And, they would be taking Dwight away from Orlando and trying to talk him into staying by putting the same players around him that have netted nada, nil, zero titles in Orlando! :wtf:

:roll: :roll:

bagelred
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Houston has decided to use the amnesty provision on Luis Scola and will likely file with NBA on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Shocking

niko
07-12-2012, 06:28 PM
THIS!!

And, they would be taking Dwight away from Orlando and trying to talk him into staying by putting the same players around him that have netted nada, nil, zero titles in Orlando! :wtf:

:roll: :roll:
Morey is not trading him for brooklyns crap. Hes not Hennigan.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Scola is a damn good player, and a steal at 3 years/21 million.

try closer to $10m per year.
32 years old. 16pts, 6 boards