PDA

View Full Version : Hump being offered 3yrs 24mil

DuMa
07-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Marc Stein: Numbers circulating in Kris Humphries' bidding war: Word is Nets offering three-year deal worth $24 mil; Bobcats offering three years, $22M

Nets on pace for the most money spent ever in 1 offseason. How can they do this with the current salary cap?

DirtySanchez
07-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Wow...this dude REALLY is not worth it.

bagelred
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Nets on pace for the most money spent ever in 1 offseason. How can they do this with the current salary cap?

en russia, der iz no celery kap

magnax1
07-12-2012, 07:43 PM
That's more then he's really worth. He's a good rebounder, though considerably worse then stats suggest (He goes way out of his way to stat pad his rebounding average) and has little value otherwise. Seems like an okay pick and roll player, but he's ideally a backup PF in my book.

Kurosawa0
07-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Wow...this dude REALLY is not worth it.

He's a big that can average a double double. $8 million a year really isn't that bad.

wang4three
07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
3 years 24 mil is ok for me.

DuMa
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
i did some math.

recap: lopez (4yr 61M), wallace (4yr 40M), D-will (5yr,98M), JJ (4yr, 89M)
and now they want humphries (3yr, 24M)

per year averages close to 75 million dollar starting 5 for the entire life of Humphries' contract.

that is probably the most exensive starting 5 in history

D12"Magic"
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
3 years 24 mil is ok for me.
I agree, dude is a walking double-double. With Hump, we have a good re-bounder next to Lopez.

If we sign Hump, Teletovic can move to the bench and add fire power to our bench along with Brooks, Taylor and Evans.

Also, I dont know where people got the impression Deron does not want Brooks and Hump on the team. Brooks will play with the bench, not likely to play much with Deron anyway. Hump is a hard working guy with good effort on the boards.

wang4three
07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
i did some math.

per year averages close to 75 million dollar starting 5 for the entire life of Humphries' contract.

Didn't the Mavs once have Dirk, Nash, Finley, Antonie Walker, and Jamison? I know Jamison was a 6th man but that must have cost a pretty penny.

Freedom Kid7
07-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, assuming everything, the Nets would want to keep Humphries because he gobbles up the boards, which will be important due to the other guys not being the best rebounders. I'm not sure if he's worth 8 million/year though. I think the Nets would have been better off matching the Bobcats offer, but that's just me.

niko
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I agree, dude is a walking double-double. With Hump, we have a good re-bounder next to Lopez.

If we sign Hump, Teletovic can move to the bench and add fire power to our bench along with Brooks, Taylor and Evans.

Also, I dont know where people got the impression Deron does not want Brooks and Hump on the team. Brooks will play with the bench, not likely to play much with Deron anyway. Hump is a hard working guy with good effort on the boards.
We were just wondering why they were not moving on him quicker.

DuMa
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Didn't the Mavs once have Dirk, Nash, Finley, Antonie Walker, and Jamison? I know Jamison was a 6th man but that must have cost a pretty penny.

i dont have the numbers on that but i remember how much that mavs unit was fo a couple of years. it was kinda mind boggling how much cuban was spending to get some of these players.

Freedom Kid7
07-12-2012, 08:10 PM
That's the 03 - 04 Mavs season.
Antoine was 13.5 mil/year
Finley was 13.281 mil/year
Dirk was 11.326 mil/year
Jamison was 11.326 mil/year
Nash was 5.75 mil/year
Add those up you get 55.183 million that year. Costly, but not as bad as the starting five for Brooklyn. It's weird to see that Nash wasn't even 6 mil/year the year right before he was an allstar.

wang4three
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
That's the 03 - 04 Mavs season.
Antoine was 13.5 mil/year
Finley was 13.281 mil/year
Dirk was 11.326 mil/year
Jamison was 11.326 mil/year
Nash was 5.75 mil/year
Add those up you get 55.183 million that year. Costly, but not as bad as the starting five for Brooklyn. It's weird to see that Nash wasn't even 6 mil/year the year right before he was an allstar.

Oh wow, Nash was such a bargain.

MJ(Mean John)
07-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I remember watching this guy on the utah summer league team.

Thought he was hot garbage. The guy was total ass when I saw him play.
Thought forsure he would be out of the league.

Few years later, see him on the raptors and think to myself "wtf? this f.ag is still playing? meh. It's the raptors. Raptors are always picking up these low journey men that make minimum scale contacts"

then last year I see he put up a double double?
But gotdamn, the guy just isnt that good. He HONESTLY makes a living playing for the nets. NOBODY tries against the nets, and this guy is just out there busting his ass when everyone else is not giving a f.uck. meh.

I guess his face, demeanor, and the whole kim k shit just make me hate the guy.

ncrizzle
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Putting up the double doubles he does with all of the negative media surrounding him, i think he deserves it. Will probably improve once the kardashian cloud stops hovering over him

Nets fan 93
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Dang. I understood paying him 8 mill on a 1 yr deal. By 24 million over 3 years... :eek:

LJJ
07-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Please don't come to the Bobcats!

Kthanks.

(beggars can't be choosers, but still Kris Humphries for 20+ million? gtfo. )

G-train
07-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Lakers starting 5 for this season is currently sitting about $80m.

wang4three
07-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Dang. I understood paying him 8 mill on a 1 yr deal. By 24 million over 3 years... :eek:

I don't think it'll be that bad. Especially if it's a team option on the 3rd year. He plays to the end of this season, he could be viewed as an expirer if he doesn't live up to it.

Nets fan 93
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't think it'll be that bad. Especially if it's a team option on the 3rd year. He plays to the end of this season, he could be viewed as an expirer if he doesn't live up to it.
I guess I just don't like the idea of the starting lineup getting paid as much as they are altogether.

jbot
07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
man, marrying that slut kim paid off afterall.

kentatm
07-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh wow, Nash was such a bargain.

Nash was always getting his ass kicked by Mike Bibby back then.

He was not thought of the way he is now.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 08:44 PM
mj attempted to take lopez from us now hump.:lol

i am a huge admirer of humphries and i am ecstatic that we will reward his tremendous work ethic. next season is a huge test for him to see if he can still average a double double since he won't be touching the ball much, all of his points will have to come from boards/freebies.

dunksby
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Kris is a solid big and with the money teams are throwing around he looks to be the only one who is gonna earn what he makes.

niko
07-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Net fans, do you know neither of us (Knicks/Nets) can participate in Sign and Trades next year? We cannot receive Signed and Traded players if you are $4M into tax starting next year under new CBA. I already hear people talking about Knicks getting Paul in a S&T or Nets Howard. I'm relatively sure we are over and you have even more salary than we do. I don't believe either are possible.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Net fans, do you know neither of us (Knicks/Nets) can participate in Sign and Trades next year? We cannot receive Signed and Traded players if you are $4M into tax starting next year under new CBA. I already hear people talking about Knicks getting Paul in a S&T or Nets Howard. I'm relatively sure we are over and you have even more salary than we do. I don't believe either are possible.

I've never heard of something like that. If the Nets want to S&T Brook Lopez or Humphries to lower their salary I assumed it was possible. I didn't know their was a restriction on that. How come all the ESPN analysts are saying D12 could be a Net next year. They should know of this potential hick-up. Anyways, I am happy with the roster and this rule is fine with me.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Well he gets his offer this soon? If so, bad decision quitting on Dwight's deal and extending Brook Lopez to Max...
:facepalm

MJ(Mean John)
07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Lakers starting 5 for this season is currently sitting about $80m.

how is this relevant?

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Well he gets his offer this soon? If so, bad decision quitting on Dwight's deal and extending Brook Lopez to Max...

The Nets have a very weak defensive front-court although 28/30 teams do. That's why I wanted Howard. His defense would have catapulted us into a very potent offensive and defensive front-court. We desperately need a bench to help relieve the starters minutes and have a chance to produce. I am liking our chances to end up attaining a top 3 seed in the East and gain HCA for the first time in years.:applause:

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 09:28 PM
The Nets have a very weak defensive front-court although 28/30 teams do. That's why I wanted Howard. His defense would have catapulted us into a very potent offensive and defensive front-court. We desperately need a bench to help relieve the starters minutes and have a chance to produce. I am liking our chances to end up attaining a top 3 seed in the East and gain HCA for the first time in years.:applause:

I am not as optimistic as you are, my friend. Without Dwight we are at best a 6th seed in East, first round exit is almost guaranteed. Brook Lopez will prove why hes worth 4 yrs/21M instead of 4 yrs/61M...
:cry:

ZHAKIDD532
07-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Humphries would be solid in that lineup. Get tons of rebounds and hit wide open 15 footers.

The Nets can sign him since they have his bird rights. And as everyone is finding out, Mikhail Prokhorov doesn't give a shit how much they spend. He laughs at the luxury tax.

ZHAKIDD532
07-12-2012, 09:38 PM
I am not as optimistic as you are, my friend. Without Dwight we are at best a 6th seed in East, first round exit is almost guaranteed. Brook Lopez will prove why hes worth 4 yrs/21M instead of 4 yrs/61M...
I respectfully disagree. Lopez is going to show how great he is playing with that great backcourt as long as he stays healthy. Guarantee it.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 09:39 PM

nah, you will see. we have a very, very good chance of getting to the ECF.
D-will / taylor ( who is dominating d-league)
joe / marshon brooks.
gerald /reggie
hump / teletovic ( will have an immediate impact)
lopez

I really like our chances to get to the second round and potentially the efc, only if we stay healthy. i am not solid on kg's knees enduring another 82 games+ playoffs although i like rondo and bradley.

i guess time will tell but don't undervalue lopez. there are basically only 3-4 teams that can limit lopez and that is teams that have a great interior defense. all the other teams can get destroyed by him/ we saw against dallas how lopez demolished haywood and the terrible maverick interior D.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I respectfully disagree. Lopez is going to show how great he is playing with that great backcourt as long as he stays healthy. Guarantee it.

Well anyway hes not worth 4yrs/61M, its consensus...

And an interesting note:
Brook Lopez's RPG two seasons ago was 6.0, last season it dropped to 3.6. How about this season? 1.2?

niko
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I've never heard of something like that. If the Nets want to S&T Brook Lopez or Humphries to lower their salary I assumed it was possible. I didn't know their was a restriction on that. How come all the ESPN analysts are saying D12 could be a Net next year. They should know of this potential hick-up. Anyways, I am happy with the roster and this rule is fine with me.
They are talking about Knicks putting in a bid on Paul too. I am asking about the rule, will let you know what i hear.

lilgodfather1
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
nah, you will see. we have a very, very good chance of getting to the ECF.
D-will / taylor ( who is dominating d-league)
joe / marshon brooks.
gerald /reggie
hump / teletovic ( will have an immediate impact)
lopez

I really like our chances to get to the second round and potentially the efc, only if we stay healthy. i am not solid on kg's knees enduring another 82 games+ playoffs although i like rondo and bradley.

i guess time will tell but don't undervalue lopez. there are basically only 3-4 teams that can limit lopez and that is teams that have a great interior defense. all the other teams can get destroyed by him/ we saw against dallas how lopez demolished haywood and the terrible maverick interior D.
The Nets will get the second round I would hope lol. If they don't then the season would be a travesty.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
They are talking about Knicks putting in a bid on Paul too. I am asking about the rule, will let you know what i hear.

lol good luck on that Knicks, if you can sign Chris Paul at 3yrs/5M.

:roll:

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Well anyway hes not worth 4yrs/21M, its consensus...

And an interesting note:
Brook Lopez's RPG two seasons ago was 6.0, last season it dropped to 3.6. How about this season? 1.2?
The season that his rebounding numbers were low were due to having mono for 90% of the season.

In addition to mono, he suffered a shoulder injury against the Magic. He was able to play through it but severely hurt his rebounding. Before the Magic game, he was averaging 8.7 rebounds. This was in 2010 obviously. ( thanks to yahoo answers for those stats, hopefully their right.)

but the injury played a big role in his rebounding. player don't just forget how to score or play or rebound. he averaged 8 in his first two seasons because he was healthy. this year hopefully he stays healthy and i know he can average 8 or 9 rpg.

niko
07-12-2012, 09:50 PM
lol good luck on that Knicks, if you can sign Chris Paul at 3yrs/5M.

:roll:
Wishful thinking sign and trade. You know. LIke how you want Howard.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Wishful thinking sign and trade. You know. LIke how you want Howard.

Well I do want Howard, but not like I cant live without him on the Nets. I am more upset at Brook Lopez getting 4 yrs/61M when hes only worth 4yrs/21M in my eyes.

G-train
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
how is this relevant?

Did you read the thread?

i did some math.

I'm pointing out that it wouldn't be the most expensive 5 this season.
Lakers currently are about to pay $80m to a starting lineup.

niko
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Well I do want Howard, but not like I cant live without him on the Nets. I am more upset at Brook Lopez getting 4 yrs/61M when hes only worth 4yrs/21M in my eyes.
I remember you saying that. NO WAY DOES HE GET MAX DOLLARS! :lol

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I remember you saying that. NO WAY DOES HE GET MAX DOLLARS! :lol

So what? I am not Billy King what can I do?
:no:

The good news is that I am not a Knicks fan living in Brooklyn, where Nets fans dominate.
:D

Godzuki
07-12-2012, 10:01 PM
$8 mill is about right...

niko
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
So what? I am not Billy King what can I do?
:no:

The good news is that I am not a Knicks fan living in Brooklyn, where Nets fans dominate.
:D
Somehow i survive. :lol

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Somehow i survive. :lol

Of course you survived 'cause the Nets just moved to Brooklyn a few months ago. Imagine your life 2-3 years later, catastrophe Id say. Move out of Brooklyn is your best hope, my friend.
:cheers:

G-train
07-12-2012, 10:04 PM

You have no idea about player value.

Lopez is worth $12-15m a season. Bynum gets $16m. Gasol $19m. Horford $12m. Boozer $15m. Lee is getting $13-15m. Z-bo is getting 16m. M. Gasol 14-15m. Bosh 17-22m. Amare 19-22m. Okafor 13-14m.

And you want to pay a 20/8 (minimum) young star centre, who blocks shots $5m a year. Get with the times bro.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
You have no idea about player value.

Lopez is worth $12-15m a season. Bynum gets $16m. Gasol $19m. Horford $12m. Boozer $15m. Lee is getting $13-15m. Z-bo is getting 16m. M. Gasol 14-15m. Bosh 17-22m. Amare 19-22m. Okafor 13-14m.

And you want to pay a 20/8 (minimum) young star centre, who blocks shots $5m a year. Get with the times bro.

20/8? Id say 16/4 at best. According to the trend of his RPG from last three seasons(8.7 - 6.0 - 3.6), his RPG this season could be somewhere between 0.9-1.2.

G-train
07-12-2012, 10:20 PM
20/8? Id say 16/4 at best. According to the trend of his RPG from last three seasons(8.7 - 6.0 - 3.6), his RPG this season could be somewhere between 0.9-1.2.

That's really poor analysis.

niko
07-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Of course you survived 'cause the Nets just moved to Brooklyn a few months ago. Imagine your life 2-3 years later, catastrophe Id say. Move out of Brooklyn is your best hope, my friend.

I grew up in Sunset Park practically next to "The Carter". Somehow i think Net fans who are soccer moms yelling KNICKS STINK! won't kill me.

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I grew up in Sunset Park practically next to "The Carter". Somehow i think Net fans who are soccer moms yelling KNICKS STINK! won't kill me.

Okay then, enjoy living with a bunch of Nets fans, make sure you wear a helmet while walking on the street to avoid getting hit by bottles, bricks and maybe bullets.

niko
07-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Okay then, enjoy living with a bunch of Nets fans, make sure you wear a helmet while walking on the street to avoid getting hit by bottles, bricks and maybe bullets.

Where do you live that this is your perception of Brooklyn? Brooklyn is soccer mom's, upper middle class $700k houses. My friend, who is japanese lives in Bed Stuy and i drop my wife off to visit and pick them up at night. :lol

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Where do you live that this is your perception of Brooklyn? Brooklyn is soccer mom's, upper middle class $700k houses. My friend, who is japanese lives in Bed Stuy and i drop my wife off to visit and pick them up at night. :lol

It is not about Brooklyn, lol. Imagine a Lakers fan living in Boston, and a Celtics fan living near Staples Stadium. It makes a difference when the rivalry is lighting up.
:rolleyes:

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM

:lol :oldlol:

your so crazy that it makes me laugh kln.:oldlol:

keep up the comics. :oldlol:

let's go nets.:rockon:

Kiddlovesnets
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM
:lol :oldlol:

your so crazy that it makes me laugh kln.:oldlol:

keep up the comics. :oldlol:

let's go nets.:rockon:

Lets go nets
:pimp:

niko
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM
It is not about Brooklyn, lol. Imagine a Lakers fan living in Boston, and a Celtics fan living near Staples Stadium. It makes a difference when the rivalry is lighting up.
:rolleyes:
i've been to eagle games as a giants fan. Nothing could every be worse than that. That was a stupid mistake. I hid my colors. The eagle fans were beating up each other pre game. Like mini riots.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Lets go nets
:d

it was either sign him for max or have no center at all. you are going to be shockingly surprised this year with a healthy lopez. 21/9 are my predictions. I'm so excited. buying a new 60" tv for my room to replace the 52" i have. :banana:

niko
07-12-2012, 10:57 PM
it was either sign him for max or have no center at all. you are going to be shockingly surprised this year with a healthy lopez. 21/9 are my predictions. I'm so excited. buying a new 60" tv for my room to replace the 52" i have. :banana:
Can i have the 52''? ill even pick it up. :lol

Send me your twitter, i got nothing from you.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Can i have the 52''? ill even pick it up. :lol

Send me your twitter, i got nothing from you.

i sent you a tweet saying "from it's a vc3!!!

niko
07-12-2012, 11:00 PM
i sent you a tweet saying "from it's a vc3!!!
nope, nothing. Did you put @nikochanr3 at the beginning?

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2012, 11:03 PM
nope, nothing. Did you put @nikochanr3 at the beginning?

i just pressed click on your profile and sent you a tweet. read your pm,.

Faberg
07-13-2012, 12:09 AM
He got $8 million this past year so that's a fair deal.

CLTHornets4eva
07-13-2012, 12:13 AM
I think the Bobcats made a move for Humphries so the Nets would match and not be able to make a move for Jamison- Brooklyn had been a hot rumor earlier today. I also think the Cats would be better impacted long term by having a local vet like Jamison and build the PF position through the draft rather than with Humphries.

All Net
07-13-2012, 01:33 AM
If Nets are offering 2 more million...sounds like a no brainer to me.

Kiddlovesnets
07-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Dont know why we are trying to keep this worthless piece of junk refusing to cooperate in Dwight's deal. Is Billy King earnestly thinking he can manage to involve Humphries in another deal that gets us better player(s) in return? If so hes a genius.
:lol

rufuspaul
07-13-2012, 06:29 AM
I think the Bobcats made a move for Humphries so the Nets would match and not be able to make a move for Jamison- Brooklyn had been a hot rumor earlier today. I also think the Cats would be better impacted long term by having a local vet like Jamison and build the PF position through the draft rather than with Humphries.

Exactly. MJ and Cho didn't want Dwight Howard to go to the Nets so they offered Lopez a max deal. Same here with Humpries. It ups their chances of signing Jamison. The Bobcats are trolling the Nets.

niko
07-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Dont know why we are trying to keep this worthless piece of junk refusing to cooperate in Dwight's deal. Is Billy King earnestly thinking he can manage to involve Humphries in another deal that gets us better player(s) in return? If so hes a genius.
:lol

The money he was being offered in the deal was $9M. You wanted him to take $12M less guaranteed to help a team shipping him to Cleveland?

longtime lurker
07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
At this point the Nets have nothing to lose. They're already over the cap, have stupidly maxed out Brook Lopez n desperately need a strong 4 beside him. I'd rather have Humpries over asik despite the fact I suspect Humpries is just a contract year player. The Nets could always sign a center off the scrap heap plus there are still some good free agents out there that will sign for vet min.

Kiddlovesnets
07-13-2012, 09:29 AM
At this point the Nets have nothing to lose. They're already over the cap, have stupidly maxed out Brook Lopez n desperately need a strong 4 beside him. I'd rather have Humpries over asik despite the fact I suspect Humpries is just a contract year player. The Nets could always sign a center off the scrap heap plus there are still some good free agents out there that will sign for vet min.

Dont try to remind me of this bullsh*t...

G-train
02-26-2013, 12:34 AM

19/7 2 blocks in 30mpg, teams best player and NBA all-star.