PDA

View Full Version : Are we really going to pretend that Dream Team Jordan was unstoppable

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 01:56 AM
When he was the least efficient player on the team?

http://i.imgur.com/4CuVH.png

Jordan mythologists have no shame. :facepalm

1987_Lakers
07-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Damn, Barkley was a beast in those Olympics.

Kews1
07-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Charles Barkley :bowdown:

no pun intended
07-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Dem Laettner free throws

RazorBaLade
07-13-2012, 02:01 AM
shotjacking instead of passing to his more efficient big men

like father like son *tear rolls down eye*

Collie
07-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Too much golf.

DuMa
07-13-2012, 02:08 AM
those are great stats for someone who gambled all night, golfed all day and never slept.

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Laettner and Jordan shoot almost the same fg percentage..

Laettner=Jordan :bowdown: :bowdown:

livinglegend
07-13-2012, 02:12 AM
poor man of Tony Allen

AlonzoGOAT
07-13-2012, 02:12 AM
HOLY SHIT BARKLEY GOAT INTERNATIONAL PLAYER! WE ARE NOT WORTHY! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Linspired
07-13-2012, 02:21 AM
he played 36 holes everyday, and played a poker till sunrise. he didn't have to be the GOAT to beat inferior team.

but if he is preparing for 12 team, you bet MJ will be dead serious

no pun intended
07-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Poor Stockton. Only played 4 games.

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 02:23 AM
Yeah guys I'm sure Barkley wasn't doing the same things Jordan was doing and more.

:facepalm

The excuses never end.

:roll:

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Just to show you how Jordan stans overrate the shit out of him..:lol

I<3NBA
07-13-2012, 02:28 AM
are we going to pretend Kobe is?

SuperPippen
07-13-2012, 02:31 AM

And you have less shame than they do.

Jordan played below his standards in these Olympics, that much is obvious. Was he still the best player on the planet during this period? Yes.

And :bowdown: for Barkley.

d.bball.guy
07-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Barkley :bowdown: :bowdown:

AngelEyes
07-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Who cares what the stats were? These games were glorified all star games with the ultimate outcome never in doubt.

TheBigVeto
07-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Damn, Barkley was a beast in those Olympics.

Yea he was, in both 92 and 96.

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Who cares what the stats were? These games were glorified all star games with the ultimate outcome never in doubt.
but cant score efficiently while playing against white nonathletic, no defense, no training white dudes.. 1992 dream team competition was super weak compared that today's international team.. Even Spain with Gasol brothers will give them a hard time or even has the chance to beat them..

Kiddlovesnets
07-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Cant believe Chris Mullen scored this many points, thought he wouldnt even have much playing time...
:wtf:

seanclayton
07-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Dang! And those were against ZERO international competition during that period. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They'll be lucky to get Bronze trophy given how much the world got better.

Cali Syndicate
07-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Just to show you how Jordan stans overrate the shit out of him..:lol

The 08' games statistics practically have Kobe on the same boat as MJ is here. I bet you won't hesitate to call Kobe the best player in 08, 09 and 10 right?

Linspired
07-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Yeah guys I'm sure Barkley wasn't doing the same things Jordan was doing and more.

:facepalm

The excuses never end.

nope. jordan was the only dude who would play 36 holes every day, played the game, and played poker till sun rise. barkley is lazy. he needs to sleep

at the end of the day MJ against MUCH BETTER COMPETITION IN NBA put up sick numbers kobe can't even dream of. and he won back to back championship. :applause:

Nevaeh
07-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Are we really going to pretend that Dream Team Jordan was unstoppable

Nope, that's why they were called the Dream TEAM and not the Dream JORDANS. When your team's blowing out opponents by 45 points every game, your "struggling" doesn't really make much difference. Besides, he shot your Hero's career average, so you should be praising him.
:oldlol:

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 03:39 AM
The 08' games statistics practically have Kobe on the same boat as MJ is here. I bet you won't hesitate to call Kobe the best player in 08, 09 and 10 right?
yep Kobe 08,09 an 10 was the consensus best player in the league.. Whats your point huh?

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Who said anything about Kobe? Jordan mythologists rushing to bring up his name to prove that Jordan is on his level. :oldlol:

AngelEyes
07-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Cant believe Chris Mullen scored this many points, thought he wouldnt even have much playing time...
:wtf:

He was 1st team all-nba in 92'... he was pretty damn good.

Cali Syndicate
07-13-2012, 04:14 AM
yep Kobe 08,09 an 10 was the consensus best player in the league.. Whats your point huh?

Because if these stats are an indication of Jordan's being overrated, what does Kobe's stats in the 08' games show? Must mean he's massively overrated as well right? Considering as the "best player," he was also outplayed during the tournament.

Or does this only apply to Jordan?

He was 1st team all-nba in 92'... he was pretty damn good.

From like 89-93, Mullin was a fantastic player.

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 04:27 AM
So basically what you guys are trying to tell me is that Jordan is on par with Kobe aside from the fact Jordan did it against weaker competition and had better teammates?

Nevaeh
07-13-2012, 04:38 AM
So basically what you guys are trying to tell me is that Jordan is on par with Kobe aside from the fact Jordan did it against weaker competition and had better teammates?

Jordan had a subpar performance with HOF teammates in the 92 Olympics. Nobody's disputing that YMF. And who exactly was calling him "Unstoppable" during the Olympics anyway. Even back then, everyone was saying Barkley stole the show.
:confusedshrug:

Tenchi Ryu
07-13-2012, 04:46 AM
"Are we really going to pretend that Dream Team Jordan was unstoppable"

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

The ENTIRE point of being called the DREAM TEAM is because they were just that.....a DREAM TEAM
The best team in the history of basketball, and maybe sports all together. Its not cause Jordan was on the team, it was cause it was Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc.....ON THE SAME FUKKIN TEAM.

Nobody I know goes around talking about what jordan did alone. And this thread proves you didn't even watch during that time, or didn't even attempt to watch the dream team special. They said clear as day that Barkley was the one getting most of the attention, on and off the court.

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Because if these stats are an indication of Jordan's being overrated, what does Kobe's stats in the 08' games show? Must mean he's massively overrated as well right? Considering as the "best player," he was also outplayed during the tournament.

Or does this only apply to Jordan?
Im just talking about the Olympic here.. A lot of poster here talk about how 92 Dream team will win easily against 2012 coz they have Jordan which is wrong..

And no.. Kobe wasnt outplayed, he was literally the best player in the tournament.. The kind of defense receive by Kobe in the tournament was atrocious compared to his other teammates.. He was the focused of other team defense..

To compared that to Jordan.. Mike didnt get that kind of defense during 92 Olympic(no defense play at all) so theres no reason for him to be the most inefficient player in his team..

Cali Syndicate
07-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Im just talking about the Olympic here.. A lot of poster here talk about how 92 Dream team will win easily against 2012 coz they have Jordan which is wrong..

I'm pretty sure everyone has been saying it's because the front court as the reason, not solely Jordan.

And no.. Kobe wasnt outplayed, he was literally the best player in the tournament.. The kind of defense receive by Kobe in the tournament was atrocious compared to his other teammates.. He was the focused of other team defense..

To compared that to Jordan.. Mike didnt get that kind of defense during 92 Olympic(no defense play at all) so theres no reason for him to be the most inefficient player in his team..

Seriously, you're like 12 right?

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 06:03 AM
nope.. Im old enough to discuss basketball.. And Im pretty sure that Im more knowledgeable than half of poster here when talking about basketball.. :D

Nevaeh
07-13-2012, 06:10 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone has been saying it's because the front court as the reason, not solely Jordan.

I get what's going on Cali. YMF and KB fans are mad because peeps were saying Jordan would shut Kobe down if their Olympic Teams ever faced off. YMF is contending that Kobe would outperform MJ based on MJ's subpar numbers against inferior competition.

MJ treated that trip to Barcelona like a vacation, and a chance to get to know his teammates more personally. The games were an afterthought, because he knew how strong his team was.

You honestly believe that if MJ knew he'd be facing counterparts from the future, who were inspired by his game, that he wouldn't "Up the Ante" and focus more on the game, as opposed to just playing golf and cards all day?

YMF, your boy is an "inspired" copycat. Just accept it Son.

RIP CITY
07-13-2012, 06:22 AM
1992 Michael Jordan was absolutely unstoppable. Did he play exceptionally well in the Olympics? No but that's a few games against crappy competition where he clearly wasn't giving 100% because he, nor anyone else on the Dream Team needed to for them to win by 50 points. If you think 8 games in the Olympics means he wasn't unstoppable in 1992 than you should really re-think even bothering to watch basketball, it's clearly not your sport.

RazorBaLade
07-13-2012, 06:25 AM
I get what's going on Cali. YMF and KB fans are mad because peeps were saying Jordan would shut Kobe down if their Olympic Teams ever faced off. YMF is contending that Kobe would outperform MJ based on MJ's subpar numbers against inferior competition.

MJ treated that trip to Barcelona like a vacation, and a chance to get to know his teammates more personally. The games were an afterthought, because he knew how strong his team was.

You honestly believe that if MJ knew he'd be facing counterparts from the future, who were inspired by his game, that he wouldn't "Up the Ante" and focus more on the game, as opposed to just playing golf and cards all day?

YMF, your boy is an "inspired" copycat. Just accept it Son.

idk, the last time kobe played against a counterpart that was inspired by his game he took 55 points in his grill

Nevaeh
07-13-2012, 06:30 AM
idk, the last time kobe played against a counterpart that was inspired by his game he took 55 points in his grill

You're better than this Razah. Stay in your lane and leave posts like this to AlphaWolf.
:lol

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 06:47 AM
No.. MJ was not the only one treated that trip to Barcelona like a vacation.. All his other teammates treated the same.. So theres no reason for him to play poorly..

This is what wrong with Jordan stans here.. Too many excuses when he played poorly.. Do you think other members of 92 Dream team take their competition seriously? They're just having fun out there.. So why it is only Jordan that played below his standard? :confusedshrug:

Cowboy Thunder
07-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Kobe tards lookin like tards itt

SyRyanYang
07-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Anyone watched that tournament knows Jordan played like shit. Party or whatever he didn't really fit into the rhythm.
And how underrated was Mullin? A couple days ago saw a thread talking about great left-handed players and few mentioned his name:facepalm

nayte
07-13-2012, 07:44 AM
HeHe...So this is all kobetards have got left to denigrate Jordan.
Well folks, the bottom of the barrel has officially been scraped.
And its annoying.I'm a fan of both Kobe and Jordan I don't see why this shit keeps on happening..
Insecure posters who try to live their lives through an athlete..nothing more sad..oh well

Asukal
07-13-2012, 08:03 AM

Everybody knows you're an idiot, but we never knew you had it in you to step up another level of idiocy. :applause: :bowdown:

Glide2keva
07-13-2012, 08:07 AM
HeHe...So this is all kobetards have got left to denigrate Jordan.
Well folks, the bottom of the barrel has officially been scraped.
And its annoying.I'm a fan of both Kobe and Jordan I don't see why this shit keeps on happening..
Insecure posters who try to live their lives through an athlete..nothing more sad..oh well
:applause:

Jordan's 1992 MVP Season stats.

1991-92 28 CHI NBA 80 80 38.8 11.8 22.7 .519fg 0.3 1.3 .270 6.1 7.4 .832ft 1.1 5.3 6.4r 6.1a 2.3s 0.9blk 2.5to 2.5pf 30.1p

Next.

nayte
07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
:applause:

Jordan's 1992 MVP Season stats.

1991-92 28 CHI NBA 80 80 38.8 11.8 22.7 .519fg 0.3 1.3 .270 6.1 7.4 .832ft 1.1 5.3 6.4r 6.1a 2.3s 0.9blk 2.5to 2.5pf 30.1p

Next.

Not sure why your throwing them stats at me..considering I agree with you?
Or is this an affirmation of my post.

Edit - just saw the applause man..ha..
Kobe is a great player ..this thread reeks of insecurity..or blind hatred ..

Glide2keva
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Not sure why your throwing them stats at me..considering I agree with you?
Or is this an affirmation of my post.

Edit - just saw the applause man..ha..
Kobe is a great player ..this thread reeks of insecurity..or blind hatred ..
Yeah I was agreeing with you.

nayte
07-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Yeah I was agreeing with you.

Ha yep sorry..
I tend to let most posts here slide but sometimes you can't but help shake your head and go what are they thinking..

OldSchoolBBall
07-13-2012, 08:54 AM

1992 Michael Jordan was absolutely unstoppable. Did he play exceptionally well in the Olympics? No but that's a few games against crappy competition where he clearly wasn't giving 100% because he, nor anyone else on the Dream Team needed to for them to win by 50 points. If you think 8 games in the Olympics means he wasn't unstoppable in 1992 than you should really re-think even bothering to watch basketball, it's clearly not your sport.

Seriously. These ****ing Kobe stans have no shame. Jordan also averaged nearly 5 assists and 5 steals too, and his suffocating full court defense on opposing PG's sparked many of the DT's fastbreaks and wreaked havoc all Olympics.

guy
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
He actually had much better stats in the 1984 Olympics. So what does that mean according to this logic? 84 Jordan > 92 Jordan ?

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 10:07 AM
So it looks like we are going to go with the:

1) Everybody else was trying hard while Jordan was just goofing off and vacationing theory. Which contradicts Jordan myth #1653 section B which reads "Micheal Jordan is the ultimate competitor which had an unmatchable will to win and always gave it his full effort. "

or

2) Hypothetically Jordan could have accomplished better stats. Also known as the Lebron James theory of unrealized success. Getting credit for hypothetically accomplishing things that other legends actually did.

If you are going to tell me that Dream Team would humiliate the modern day Olympic basketball teams due to Jordan then we should expect him to not put up the worst offensive numbers on his team. :confusedshrug:

andgar923
07-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, my recollection may be off, but didn't MJ cut his finger with a cigar opener just prior to the tournament?

OldSchoolBBall
07-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, my recollection may be off, but didn't MJ cut his finger with a cigar opener just prior to the tournament?

No, I think that was while he was retired prior to his Wizards comeback (this is separate from the cracked knuckle/torn ligament on the index finger of his shooting hand that he suffered during the 1998 pre-season).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 10:52 AM

1) Everybody else was trying hard while Jordan was just goofing off and vacationing theory. Which contradicts Jordan myth #1653 section B which reads "Micheal Jordan is the ultimate competitor which had an unmatchable will to win and always gave it his full effort. "

or

2) Hypothetically Jordan could have accomplished better stats. Also known as the Lebron James theory of unrealized success. Getting credit for hypothetically accomplishing things that other legends actually did.

If you are going to tell me that Dream Team would humiliate the modern day Olympic basketball teams due to Jordan then we should expect him to not put up the worst offensive numbers on his team. :confusedshrug:

You do know Jordan just came off two consecutive Finals appearances, right? The 91 bulls won 61 games and the 92 bulls won 67. Both MJ and Pippen had played all summer in the Olympics prior to the 93 season and it took it's toll.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n13_v83/ai_13341863/

Calabis
07-13-2012, 10:53 AM
those are great stats for someone who gambled all night, golfed all day and never slept.

Don't forget spending time poolside watching Summer Sanders

juju151111
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM

or

What does blowing out every team have to do with being a competitor? If the teams were actually good u would have a point. Also are u saying 84 Mj>>92 MJ :facepalm

Calabis
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM

Are we going to act like this moron YaoMingsFoot, continues to ignore what all the players said Jordan did to them in practice, when shit got real...or we going to act like Jordan treated these games vs Angola like the NBA FINALS

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM
You do know Jordan just came off two consecutive Finals appearances, right? The 91 bulls won 61 games and the 92 bulls won 67. Both Jordan and Pippen had played all summer in the Olympics prior to the 93 season and it took it's toll.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n13_v83/ai_13341863/

Apparently it didn't take its toll on Pippen. :confusedshrug:

juju151111
07-13-2012, 10:56 AM
84 Mj>>>92 MJ :confusedshrug:

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Are we going to act like this moron YaoMingsFoot, continues to ignore what all the players said Jordan did to them in practice, when shit got real...or we going to act like Jordan treated these games vs Angola like the NBA FINALS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Did Pippen carry the load Jordan did? :confusedshrug:

Calabis
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM
but cant score efficiently while playing against white nonathletic, no defense, no training white dudes.. 1992 dream team competition was super weak compared that today's international team.. Even Spain with Gasol brothers will give them a hard time or even has the chance to beat them..

Wait wtf, Jordan shoots Kobe's career avg and he's has poor efficiency, but Kobe is efficient cause he shoots threes:roll: ok I get it dumbass stans

juju151111
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
84 Mj>> 92MJ :confusedshrug:

OldSchoolBBall
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Kobe fans continue to reach new lows and continually demonstrate why they're the lowest form of life on the internet, bar none. So sad. :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 11:01 AM

You remind me of the lunatics we throw into insane asylums here in America. You have no evidence, no reason, and believe in fantasy. You probably believe the sun spins around the earth too huh? :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Kobe fans continue to reach new lows and continually demonstrate why they're the lowest form of life on the internet, bar none. So sad.

Yeah, along with LeBron and Jordan fanboys.

The 3 worst player only fan bases, by far.

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Did Pippen carry the load Jordan did? :confusedshrug:

No Pippen had a greater load defensively, Jordan on offense. Its the dream team. All of the players involved have large responsibilities for their respective NBA teams. :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 11:06 AM
No Pippen had a greater load defensively, Jordan on offense. Its the dream team. All of the players involved have large responsibilities for their respective NBA teams. :confusedshrug:

Uh, '91-93 Jordan was just as good as Pippen on defense; and had just as much impact. Quit living in fantasy land.

juju151111
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Lmao stay off that crack. What larger defensive responsibility? Mj was the primary defender on Magic n Clyde in both finals.

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Lmao stay off that crack. What larger defensive responsibility? Mj was the primary defender on Magic n Clyde in both finals.

Pretty sure we are referring to the collective entire season. :facepalm

There is no evidence to suggest prime Jordan was more wore down than any other player donning the red, white and blue. It's another myth. You guys just keep stacking them up.

Calabis
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Kobe 08 stats: 15.1 PPG, 2.8 rebs, 2 ast, 46%....wow so impressive:facepalm

Jordan 14.9 PPG, 2.4 rebs, 4.8 ast, 45%...also not impressive.....but,

:confusedshrug: ..... Jordan still contributed to more offense than Kobe

juju151111
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Pretty sure we are referring to the collective entire season. :facepalm

There is no evidence to suggest prime Jordan was more wore down than any other player donning the red, white and blue. It's another myth. You guys just keep stacking them up.
I never made that argument. Mj did have the larger load then Pippen tho, but other players were had similar load but not the same because MJ went to the finals. None of this matters because they were blowing out teams. Nobody took them serious or Mj would be prepared. He wouldn't be playing Golf all day and staying up all day.:facepalm

juju151111
07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Kobe 08 stats: 15.1 PPG, 2.8 rebs, 2 ast, 46%....wow so impressive:facepalm

Jordan 14.9 PPG, 2.4 rebs, 4.8 ast, 45%...also not impressive.....but,

:confusedshrug: ..... Jordan still contributed to more offense than Kobe
What I don't get is Kobe competition was clearly superior to the teams in 92. Why didn't Kobe step his gm up. Oh wait its Kobe his stats don't get better come playoffs

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Jordan stans too many excuses.. Just admit it already Jordan was not really that good when it comes to International tournament.. How come aside from fckng Laettner, Jordan was the most inefficient player in the Dream Team and the sad part is they're competition was pretty weak..

hmm.. I smell overrated.. :lol

juju151111
07-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Jordan stans too many excuses.. Just admit it already Jordan was not really that good when it comes to International tournament.. How come aside from fckng Laettner, Jordan was the most inefficient player in the Dream Team and the sad part is they're competition was pretty weak..

Verything that is stated is the truth. Go educate yourself. Mj played golf all day and cards till morning. Go read up on the dream team son. Mj didn't need to be their and they would still win. The comp was a joke. Why didn't Mj struggle in 84 then retard?

scandisk_
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM

like MJ gives a f*ck :lol

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Wait wtf, Jordan shoots Kobe's career avg and he's has poor efficiency, but Kobe is efficient cause he shoots threes:roll: ok I get it dumbass stans
Kobe played against the best defensive era.. While half of Jordan career he played in the worst defensive era, the 80's.. If Kobe play in the 80's he will easily avg the same stats as Mike or even better considering Kobe was the better offensive player than Mike..

tontoz
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
All of the games were blowouts. Jordan wasn't going to go off in that situation. Not to mention you are talking about a very small sample size.

Here were Jordan's NBA numbers that season

30/6/6 shooting 52% during the regular season
34/6/6 shooting 50% in the playoffs

He scored 35 points in the first half of Game 1 in the Finals.

So yeah he was pretty unstoppable when he wasn't chillin.

scm5
07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Let's not pretend like MJ couldn't have done better. It might've been a cold streak (for MJ) for 8 games. It might've been because he and everyone else on the DT knew who he was and what the **** he could do.

The point is, these stats show very little in terms of how MJ would perform in a showdown with today's Team USA. I have little doubt in my mind that MJ would come out and show Kobe/Lebron/Durant the business. That's just the way he was built.

To pretend like the 2012 Team doesn't have a good chance at winning is wrong though.

RRR3
07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
It's true guys, MJ played in a weak era! Just look at what the "BlackMam-Be" did in the "cupcake" era MJ played in...

Kobe's first year in the NBA (1996-97): dropped an amazing 7.6 PPG, 1.9 RPG and 1.3 APG while shooting a GAWDly 41.7%. Meanwhile that scrub MJ only managed to average 29.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG and 4.3 APG while shooting 48.6%, including 37.4% on threes. And he won FMVP.

Kobe's second year in the NBA (1997-98): Bean was even better, scoring an unbelievable 15.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG and 2.5 APG and shooting an amazing 42.8%. Meanwhile that scrub MJ only averaged 28.7 PPG, 5.2 RPG and 3.5 APG while shooting 46.5%. And he won MVp and FMVP.

Both had famous moments against the Utah Jazz, too!
MJ hit the finals winning shot, whereas Bean shot 4 straight airballs in the closing minutes of a contested playoff game!

GAWDBE :bowdown:

number23
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Kobe played against the best defensive era.. While half of Jordan career he played in the worst defensive era, the 80's.. If Kobe play in the 80's he will easily avg the same stats as Mike or even better considering Kobe was the better offensive player than Mike..

YOU REALIZE THEY USED TO BE ABLE TO HANDCHECK WHEN JORDAN PLAYED + OTHER DEFENSIVE TRICKS ? YOU CANT BREATHE ON A OFFENSIVE PLAYER NOW. BAD ARGUMENT CHUMP.

Calabis
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM

Nevaeh
07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Let's not pretend like MJ couldn't have done better. It might've been a cold streak (for MJ) for 8 games. It might've been because he and everyone else on the DT knew who he was and what the **** he could do.

The point is, these stats show very little in terms of how MJ would perform in a showdown with today's Team USA. I have little doubt in my mind that MJ would come out and show Kobe/Lebron/Durant the business. That's just the way he was built.

To pretend like the 2012 Team doesn't have a good chance at winning is wrong though.

This whining is coming from the same group who'll watch their Hero shoot 35%-40% for entire MONTHS, hit a game winner here and there, and then get worshiped like he was an efficient shooter the entire time., taking the League by storm.
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
It's true guys, MJ played in a weak era! Just look at what the "BlackMam-Be" did in the "cupcake" era MJ played in...

Kobe's first year in the NBA (1996-97): dropped an amazing 7.6 PPG, 1.9 RPG and 1.3 APG while shooting a GAWDly 41.7%. Meanwhile that scrub MJ only managed to average 29.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG and 4.3 APG while shooting 48.6%, including 37.4% on threes. And he won FMVP.

Kobe's second year in the NBA (1997-98): Bean was even better, scoring an unbelievable 15.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG and 2.5 APG and shooting an amazing 42.8%. Meanwhile that scrub MJ only averaged 28.7 PPG, 5.2 RPG and 3.5 APG while shooting 46.5%. And he won MVp and FMVP

Kobe played nearly HALF the 90s, and yet not ONCE could he manage a 40pt game in the 90s. :oldlol: I believe "mehyaM24" posted stats of Kobe being outscored in career matchups by Gary Payton, Mitch Richmond, and J.R. Rider. Gottt damn! The 90s destroyed Kobe.

Calabis
07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Kobe played nearly HALF the 90s, and yet not ONCE could he manage a 40pt game in the 90s. :oldlol: I believe "mehyaM24" posted stats of Kobe being outscored in career matchups by Gary Payton, Mitch Richmond, and J.R. Rider. Gottt damn! The 90s destroyed Kobe.

Kobe is so good, mfer can stick a cucumber up his ass and shit out a salad

chazzy
07-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Kobe fans continue to reach new lows and continually demonstrate why they're the lowest form of life on the internet, bar none. So sad. :oldlol:
Kobe fans > pedophiles

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Kobe is so good, mfer can stick a cucumber up his ass and shit out a salad

How did these Bryant fans get to be so ignorant dude? It's getting old correcting their lies and misinformation.

Ne 1
07-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Kobe was an 18 year old kid back then, he was on his way to becoming the youngest All-Star in NBA history. When MJ was 18 he had to make sandwiches for Sam Perkins at North Carolina.

Hell, Kobe at 18 dropped 33 on Jordan and dunked on his azz...on Jordan's home court!

If Kobe was in his prime back then you don't think he would have destroyed a league full of JJ Redick's?

Ne 1
07-13-2012, 01:54 PM
YOU REALIZE THEY USED TO BE ABLE TO HANDCHECK WHEN JORDAN PLAYED + OTHER DEFENSIVE TRICKS ? YOU CANT BREATHE ON A OFFENSIVE PLAYER NOW. BAD ARGUMENT CHUMP.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xd7W6OPSCuI/SWLXsNXHqNI/AAAAAAAAB2Q/MYt_QLSJlLw/s400/8889ClevelandEhloDunkedHand.jpg

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2r5cf95.jpg

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2lm3r5j.jpg

http://chicitysportsfan.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/jordan-93.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/Michael%20Jordan/VS/Utah%20Jazz/MichaelJordan-UltimateBEST402000mpg.jpg

http://oi55.tinypic.com/30kg5sl.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Kobe was an 18 year old kid back then, he was on his way to becoming the youngest All-Star in NBA history. When MJ was 18 he had to make sandwiches for Sam Perkins at North Carolina.

Hell, Kobe at 18 dropped 33 on Jordan and dunked on his azz...on Jordan's home court!

If Kobe was in his prime back then you don't think he would have destroyed a league full of JJ Redick's?

Kobe was 19 by the '98 season. Around the same age Lebron was averaging 27 a night. :applause:

Calabis
07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Ne 1:roll:[/QUOTE]

http://www.hoopsbetting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kobe-bryant-and-rafer-alston.jpg

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg/52/5259/UMWZG00Z.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZF9qq1lCQXU/SQPVEYvtXJI/AAAAAAAAEHg/IrfAiUFdi84/9-41-10095-41-781-33-20070212115531_w650.jpg

http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Kobe-and-Nash.jpg

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2012, 03:45 PM
http://lambicpeach.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/michael_jordan_vs_michael_jackson.jpg

:bowdown:

tmacattack33
07-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Weren't all those games 45 point blow outs on average?

If so, i wouldn't look at anyone's stats in those games as anything meaningful. Just like when someone (usually Lebron, Kobe, or Rose on these boards) scores a bunch of points in the final quarter of a blow out game in the NBA, everyone just says it doesn't matter because it was garbage time.

In a 45 point blow out, the game is likely over by the first quarter and so three quarters are garbage time. LOL at trying to judge a player by what he does in a 45 point blow out.

Calabis
07-13-2012, 06:24 PM
http://lambicpeach.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/michael_jordan_vs_michael_jackson.jpg

:bowdown:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GoseNJytRwQ/ThsoczwvC_I/AAAAAAAABmM/rMTmiTinrSw/s1600/bowwow.png

Leviathon1121
07-13-2012, 06:27 PM

Kobe's second year in the NBA (1997-98): Bean was even better, scoring an unbelievable 15.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG and 2.5 APG and shooting an amazing 42.8%. Meanwhile that scrub MJ only averaged 28.7 PPG, 5.2 RPG and 3.5 APG while shooting 46.5%. And he won MVp and FMVP.

Both had famous moments against the Utah Jazz, too!
MJ hit the finals winning shot, whereas Bean shot 4 straight airballs in the closing minutes of a contested playoff game!

GAWDBE :bowdown:

90's > Kobe

Wow, that is sad.

kenuffff
07-13-2012, 07:19 PM
wow i haven't been to this forum in awhile is this what it has become? .....

Poetry
07-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Too much golf.

^This. Watch the Dream Team documentary. Too many activities, not enough sleep.

Da_Realist
07-14-2012, 07:32 AM
It wasn't the golf, cards or gambling. It was the lack of competition. MJ thrived off competition. Beating overmatched teams by 50 was not his cup of tea. Ask his teammates and coaches who the best player on the team was and they would all say Michael Jordan. The real MJ thrived in practices (despite the golf, cards and gambling) because that was the highest level of competition.

Only Ish idiots will pull the stats for the Dream Team and think that means something. I think half the board are just argumentative 15 year olds.

I LUV KOBE
07-14-2012, 09:28 AM
It wasn't the golf, cards or gambling. It was the lack of competition. MJ thrived off competition. Beating overmatched teams by 50 was not his cup of tea. Ask his teammates and coaches who the best player on the team was and they would all say Michael Jordan. The real MJ thrived in practices (despite the golf, cards and gambling) because that was the highest level of competition.

Only Ish idiots will pull the stats for the Dream Team and think that means something. I think half the board are just argumentative 15 year olds.
excuse.. excuse.. excuse.. blah blah blah... Jordan stans getting pathetic.. :lol

Da_Realist
07-14-2012, 10:19 AM
excuse.. excuse.. excuse.. blah blah blah... Jordan stans getting pathetic.. :lol

Yeah, you're right. I'm being a hypocrite. I feel the same way when people try to defend Kobe's horrible Finals performances. Numbers don't lie...

Shepseskaf
07-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Ask his teammates and coaches who the best player on the team was and they would all say Michael Jordan.
It was openly acknowledged after the 92 Olympics were over that Barkley played the best ball during the tournament. It didn't mean that he was the best player, but he played the best.

In my opinion, Pippin played the second best. You could immediately see Pip's impact on perimeter defense when he came into a game, and the tempo and steals usually went up right away.

Jordan did not have a good Olympics. I think he shot around 45%, which is very un-MJ like. I truly don't think he took the whole thing seriously. He knew that with the teammate he was playing with, there was no way they would lose the Gold, so he partied too hard and his on-court performances suffered.

tpols
07-14-2012, 10:25 AM
4 for 19 from 3:roll: damn he cant shoot

Asukal
07-14-2012, 10:37 AM

You Kobe-diots better shut your holes up! There's nothing you can say or do to change reality, your boy just doesn't measure up to the GOAT.

too ezzzzzzzzzz........ n-n-n-n-n-nexxxxxt!

:banana:

scandisk_
07-14-2012, 10:39 AM

undercover lebron fan :lol

show yourself :lol

Da_Realist
07-14-2012, 10:40 AM
It was openly acknowledged after the 92 Olympics were over that Barkley played the best ball during the tournament. It didn't mean that he was the best player, but he played the best.

No, I meant they acknowledged who the best player was. Everything was settled in the practices. I don't think any of them cared much about who played the best against Angola or Cuba.

I LUV KOBE
07-14-2012, 10:44 AM
undercover lebron fan :lol

show yourself :lol
????

go suck lebrick dick asshole..

scandisk_
07-14-2012, 10:45 AM
????

go suck lebrick dick asshole..

Shepseskaf
07-14-2012, 10:49 AM
No, I meant they acknowledged who the best player was. Everything was settled in the practices. I don't think any of them cared much about who played the best against Angola or Cuba.
I understood what you meant, and I agree. Jordan was the acknowledged best player, but it didn't translate to on-the-court performance, which is a shame.

To me, he just looked a step slow -- not able to get into the lane as easily as usual, and missing a lot of short, easy jumpers.

I wonder what MJ's boned ho total was during the trip?

I LUV KOBE
07-14-2012, 10:56 AM
4 for 19 from 3:roll: damn he cant shoot
damn.. only made 4 3pointers for the entire olympic.. That just 1 game for Kobe.. :lol

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 10:59 AM
damn.. only made 4 3pointers for the entire olympic.. That just 1 game for Kobe.. :lol

Are you a real person or just a very dedicated alias?

We all know what would have happened if T-Mac and Kobe traded rosters in '00-04.

Da_Realist
07-14-2012, 11:00 AM
I understood what you meant, and I agree. Jordan was the acknowledged best player, but it didn't translate to on-the-court performance, which is a shame.

To me, he just looked a step slow -- not able to get into the lane as easily as usual, and missing a lot of short, easy jumpers.

I didn't notice that. But that's because I never actually watched a full Dream Team game. Just bits and pieces. I just didn't find much interest in watching an overmatched team get dismantled by more than 50 points. Some people thrive in that situation. I don't think MJ does. He didn't want to give up his summer to play in the Olympics in the first place. He made sure Daly scheduled practices around their tee times and not the other way around. I really can't believe people are actually analyzing box scores and making a determination in an extreme situation like that. :oldlol:

Someone should pull up Jordan's 84 Olympic stats to at least see if there's a trend. I doubt it because the games were actually competitive.

I LUV KOBE
07-14-2012, 11:01 AM

We all know what would have happened if T-Mac and Kobe traded rosters in '00-04.
Tmac the 1st round virgin.. Dont make me laugh.. :lol

tpols
07-14-2012, 11:02 AM

Yea and then right after that when he would be with Artest and Yao Ming on a stacked Houston team at his peak :oldlol: Titles baby.

Asukal
07-14-2012, 11:04 AM
You guys love to use stats so here's one for you:

MJ scoring at the 1984 olympic games before he played in the NBA

G Pts PPG FGM FGA FG%
8 137 17.1 60 110 .545

Jesus! MJ couldn't score in the olympics even when seriously playing. :roll:

Shepseskaf
07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I didn't notice that. But that's because I never actually watched a full Dream Team game. Just bits and pieces. I just didn't find much interest in watching an overmatched team get dismantled by more than 50 points. Some people thrive in that situation. I don't think MJ does. He didn't want to give up his summer to play in the Olympics in the first place. He made sure Daly scheduled practices around their tee times and not the other way around. I really can't believe people are actually analyzing box scores and making a determination in an extreme situation like that. :oldlol:

Someone should pull up Jordan's 84 Olympic stats to at least see if there's a trend. I doubt it because the games were actually competitive.
Again, I'm not disagreeing with you. Using Jordan's 92 Olympics as some kind of measurement of his playing skills is ridiculous.

However, you should get your hands on some complete Dream Team games. It was very interesting to watch point-by-point as to how the pieces fit together. You'll be surprised at how competitive, in stretches, some of the games were.

I remember about a 5-7 minute timeframe when the Dream Team was getting seriously 'out-athleted' by the Brazilian team. It was surreal to watch. Croatia and Spain also had brief stretches where they outplayed the DT.

Of course, no one was talented enough to maintain that flow for an entire game, but for people to label the other teams "scrubs", that simply wasn't the case.

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Yea and then right after that when he would be with Artest and Yao Ming on a stacked Houston team at his peak :oldlol: Titles baby.

Naw, I think he would have remained on the Orlando Magic. He would have made them a more respectable losing team, but he wouldn't have gotten as disgruntled as T-Mac and bailed on the team.

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Tmac the 1st round virgin.. Dont make me laugh.. :lol

T-Mac was impressive as hell in the 2005 Playoffs 1st Round. Admit it.

Da_Realist
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Dream Team excerpt:

On the night before the United States was to play Croatia for the gold medal, the card game in the Coolest Room in the World was especially animated. All the regulars were there, including Jordan, who was scheduled to do a video shoot the next morning for NBA Entertainment. It was not a small thing, a commitment of several hours for what wold become MICHAEL JORDAN: AIR TIME. To be honest, I can't separate one Jordan video from another, but they were big deals in the sports world, exquisitely produced moneymakers.

This was classic Jordan -- commit to something, let it hang in the air for as long as possible while the other party goes apoplectic with anxiety, then pull it off at the last moment, like a buzzer-beating jump shot. Magic does things the same way.

It was one in the morning, then two, then three. Jordan was smoking his phallic stogies and the guys were ripping on one another, and Don Sperling of NBA Entertainment was circling the edge of the group like an overwrought den mother, trying to remind Jordan about the morning shoot and how Michael should also figure in the small matter of, you know, the gold medal game that night. Then it was four o'clock, then it was five. The players knew that this was the last card game, for the team was leaving Barcelona as soon as the gold medal had been secured and the arena celebration dispensed with. This round of tonk was something special, a ceremony of sorts, a parting of ways before they all became enemies again.

At six-fifteen the game finally broke up. Sperling followed Jordan to one of his two rooms (a Jordan perk), where Jordan was to take a shower.

"Don't crash on me, Michael." Sperling begged.

"I told you I'll be out," said Jordan, "so I'll be out."

True to his word, Jordan reemerged twenty-five minutes later, showered, bald head glistening, decked out in a bright, orange-tinted shorts set that made him look like a Zambian exchange student. And for the next several hours the crew followed him through Barcelona, filming on the streets and at the Olympic Stadium. "What you have to understand is that it's ninety-six degrees and 100 percent humidity and he had no sleep." said Sperling. "And when you see that video, he looks as fresh as if he'd just gotten out of bed after eight hours."

When they were finished, in mid afternoon, Jordan asked for a favor.

"Could you take me to the golf course?" he said. "My clubs are out there and I'm going to try to get in a round."

Jordan played eighteen holes at the Real Club de Golf El Prat on the outskirts of Barcelona, as he did most days, got a ride back to the hotel, went to his room, changed, waded through the crowds at the Ambassador (they had only gotten larger as the Games went on), climbed aboard the team bus, and, eight years after his first, went off in search of his second gold medal.

"Michael tried to get me on his schedule over there, and I just couldn't do it." Magic says today. "I got so I could play cards all night, and so did some of the other guys. But then to go out and play eighteen, thirty-six holes of golf? Then come back and get 20 in the game like it's nothing?

"Man, nobody could do that. Michael Jordan is the strongest, and the strongest-willed, athlete ever. I don't care what anybody says."

Boston C's
07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Who said anything about Kobe? Jordan mythologists rushing to bring up his name to prove that Jordan is on his level. :oldlol:

man i swear you have no shame...one of the worst posters on this board all you do is try to undermine jordan and prop kobe up...get over it kobe will never be as good as jordan... all you kobe ******gers make everyone here hate kobe with how much you try to prop him and undermine everyone else that is above him or has a chance to surpass him

andgar923
07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Dream Team excerpt:

On the night before the United States was to play Croatia for the gold medal, the card game in the Coolest Room in the World was especially animated. All the regulars were there, including Jordan, who was scheduled to do a video shoot the next morning for NBA Entertainment. It was not a small thing, a commitment of several hours for what wold become MICHAEL JORDAN: AIR TIME. To be honest, I can't separate one Jordan video from another, but they were big deals in the sports world, exquisitely produced moneymakers.

This was classic Jordan -- commit to something, let it hang in the air for as long as possible while the other party goes apoplectic with anxiety, then pull it off at the last moment, like a buzzer-beating jump shot. Magic does things the same way.

It was one in the morning, then two, then three. Jordan was smoking his phallic stogies and the guys were ripping on one another, and Don Sperling of NBA Entertainment was circling the edge of the group like an overwrought den mother, trying to remind Jordan about the morning shoot and how Michael should also figure in the small matter of, you know, the gold medal game that night. Then it was four o'clock, then it was five. The players knew that this was the last card game, for the team was leaving Barcelona as soon as the gold medal had been secured and the arena celebration dispensed with. This round of tonk was something special, a ceremony of sorts, a parting of ways before they all became enemies again.

At six-fifteen the game finally broke up. Sperling followed Jordan to one of his two rooms (a Jordan perk), where Jordan was to take a shower.

"Don't crash on me, Michael." Sperling begged.

"I told you I'll be out," said Jordan, "so I'll be out."

True to his word, Jordan reemerged twenty-five minutes later, showered, bald head glistening, decked out in a bright, orange-tinted shorts set that made him look like a Zambian exchange student. And for the next several hours the crew followed him through Barcelona, filming on the streets and at the Olympic Stadium. "What you have to understand is that it's ninety-six degrees and 100 percent humidity and he had no sleep." said Sperling. "And when you see that video, he looks as fresh as if he'd just gotten out of bed after eight hours."

When they were finished, in mid afternoon, Jordan asked for a favor.

"Could you take me to the golf course?" he said. "My clubs are out there and I'm going to try to get in a round."

Jordan played eighteen holes at the Real Club de Golf El Prat on the outskirts of Barcelona, as he did most days, got a ride back to the hotel, went to his room, changed, waded through the crowds at the Ambassador (they had only gotten larger as the Games went on), climbed aboard the team bus, and, eight years after his first, went off in search of his second gold medal.

"Michael tried to get me on his schedule over there, and I just couldn't do it." Magic says today. "I got so I could play cards all night, and so did some of the other guys. But then to go out and play eighteen, thirty-six holes of golf? Then come back and get 20 in the game like it's nothing?

"Man, nobody could do that. Michael Jordan is the strongest, and the strongest-willed, athlete ever. I don't care what anybody says."
That sounds like MJ alright.

Didn't Horace criticize him about doing this when he joined the Magic? I remember he said Shaq worked out harder then MJ, that MJ would play golf all day and play cards all night before big games.

Da_Realist
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
That sounds like MJ alright.

Didn't Horace criticize him about doing this when he joined the Magic? I remember he said Shaq worked out harder then MJ, that MJ would play golf all day and play cards all night before big games.

Horace said Shaq worked harder than MJ??? :biggums:

That's a JOKE, right? :oldlol:

andgar923
07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Horace said Shaq worked harder than MJ??? :biggums:

That's a JOKE, right? :oldlol:

Yeah, I think he was defending Shaq when he was getting criticized for his off the court activities (rapping, acting, promoting). It was in the same quote when he said MJ was always sick because he'd play golf in the rain and shit like that.

Da_Realist
07-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I think he was defending Shaq when he was getting criticized for his off the court activities (rapping, acting, promoting). It was in the same quote when he said MJ was always sick because he'd play golf in the rain and shit like that.

Horace Grant... :kobe:

He also said he saw "23 out there", referring to Kobe when he was playing for the Lakers. There's always been some tension between the two.

andgar923
07-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Horace Grant... :kobe:

He also said he saw "23 out there", referring to Kobe when he was playing for the Lakers. There's always been some tension between the two.

Oh yeah, he and Pip always resented MJ but Pip learned to appreciate MJ. I guess they hated him for abusing and punking them.