PDA

View Full Version : You guys think Lebron is mad.........

tikay0
07-13-2012, 01:47 PM
that it's called "kobe's team". Even Michael Jordan called it "kobe's team". He just came off from winning his first title. The only thing people are talking about is Kobe's dream team vs. the 92' dream team. Lebron's been awfully quiet, or have I been missing something? The whole USA men's team coverage, seems to be revolved around Kobe. Kobe's on the tail end of his career, while Lebron is the man right now, you think Lebron feels kind of shafted that he's not considered the "man" on this dream team?

EnoughSaid
07-13-2012, 01:49 PM
:rolleyes: The '92 team wasn't Michael's. And this team isn't Kobe's.

tikay0
07-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Yeah, it wasnt MJ's, so why is this team Kobe's?

scm5
07-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I would think he feels disrespected.

But damn straight it's Kobe's team. He might not be the best one on the team anymore, but he's the greatest one.

It's like if MJ were still around but older and not the best player in the league anymore. If he were on this team, it would be his team. He's earned the right for top billing, so has Kobe.

EnoughSaid
07-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Maybe because Kobe is the oldest and he was the one who STARTED the argument? :rolleyes:

tikay0
07-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I would think he feels disrespected.

But damn straight it's Kobe's team. He might not be the best one on the team anymore, but he's the greatest one.

It's like if MJ were still around but older and not the best player in the league anymore. If he were on this team, it would be his team. He's earned the right for top billing, so has Kobe.

You make a good point. He's probably doing an MJ, and letting Bird/Magic be the top dogs.

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Career-wise, he easily has the best body of work right now. And definitely the most respected player on the team. I don't think its out of the question if they call it Kobe's team. He has done it all already.

scm5
07-13-2012, 01:53 PM

in 92, MJ had only won 2 NBA titles. He was great, but he was amongst greats.

To call it MJ's team at that point would have diminished what Magic and Bird had accomplished.

That's why it was called the Dream Team.

tikay0
07-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe because Kobe is the oldest and he was the one who STARTED the argument? :rolleyes:

Exactly, that goes hand in hand to exactly why I think Lebron would be mad. Kobe's taking all of the coverage away from him. Dont you think he deserves to be looked upon as the best player on this team, and he should be the one saying these things?

inclinerator
07-13-2012, 01:55 PM
na i dont think he cares

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM
You make a good point. He's probably doing an MJ, and letting Bird/Magic be the top dogs.

I don't think Lebron gives a shit. He wouldn't have went to play on a team with Wade, if he cared about the "whose team is it" stuff. Lebron is an underrated teammate. Doesn't start drama or call anyone out in public.Even when he left Cleveland his former players didn't really have anything bad to say about him. Obviosuly im not an NBA player :oldlol: but he seems like he would be a fun player to play with.

DuMa
07-13-2012, 01:57 PM
LeBron doesnt really care. I think he doesnt want the media attention as much as Kobe does. Kobe seems attention starved. LBJ just endured being the most scrutinized athlete on the planet for a span of 2 years. I think he can live for a month and half without answering the stupid and tough questions Team USA demands from these blood sucking media people.

tikay0
07-13-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't think Lebron gives a shit. He wouldn't have went to play on a team with Wade, if he cared about the "whose team is it" stuff. Lebron is an underrated teammate. Doesn't start drama or call anyone out in public.Even when he left Cleveland his former players didn't really have anything bad to say about him. Obviosuly im not an NBA player :oldlol: but he seems like he would be a fun player to play with.

Agree. This was not a troll/bait thread, or a Kobe vs. Lebron thread, purely a "you think LBJ mad at the coverage Kobe getting?" thread. Thanks for the replies.

KyrieTheFuture
07-13-2012, 02:01 PM
It may be Kobe's team but the NBA is LeBron's league. I'll take that.

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Agree. This was not a troll/bait thread, or a Kobe vs. Lebron thread, purely a "you think LBJ mad at the coverage Kobe getting?" thread. Thanks for the replies.

:cheers: No problem

Im a huge Lebron fan, and even I think Kobe deserves/earned the right to be the lead-dog. It think it will be the same in the future where Lebron is seen as the lead-dog but maybe not the best player on the team. Depending on how he ages, of course.

tikay0
07-13-2012, 02:06 PM
:cheers: No problem

Im a huge Lebron fan, and even I think Kobe deserves/earned the right to be the lead-dog. It think it will be the same in the future where Lebron is seen as the lead-dog but maybe not the best player on the team. Depending on how he ages, of course.

:cheers: agree.

Indian guy
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
A lot of wishful thinking here.

Who's calling this 'Kobe's team'? I'm yet to see a single media-person refer to the 2012 team as that.

More importantly, I don't think there's a single NBA fan out there, especially casual fans, who doesn't first associate the current US team with LeBron. He's comfortably the biggest basketball star in America.

Kingwillball
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
that it's called "kobe's team". Even Michael Jordan called it "kobe's team". He just came off from winning his first title. The only thing people are talking about is Kobe's dream team vs. the 92' dream team. Lebron's been awfully quiet, or have I been missing something? The whole USA men's team coverage, seems to be revolved around Kobe. Kobe's on the tail end of his career, while Lebron is the man right now, you think Lebron feels kind of shafted that he's not considered the "man" on this dream team?

Really Lebron is talked about alot even more than Kobe. Even Announcers FINALLY saying Freely he is the best in the World.

dunksby
07-13-2012, 02:19 PM
This is Durant's team and even the players know it.

jlip
07-13-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/aiming_for_gold/2012/07/07/20120707_usab_kobe_lebron.nba/index.html

If I were the other 10 players I would feel a little disrespected.

DTreats
07-13-2012, 02:21 PM
:oldlol:

Durant just got destroyed by another player on the team a few weeks ago, who's gonna respect that?

red1
07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Give the rookie some credit already, this team clearly belongs to the 'brow

Punpun
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Why would Lebron get mad about it ? He will be the leader for the next JO.

rawimpact
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Definitely kobe's team... Just like it was magic/bird's in the past. It's based on age... next olympics though it will be interesting.

swag2011
07-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Who's calling this 'Kobe's team'? I'm yet to see a single media-person refer to the 2012 team as that.

More importantly, I don't think there's a single NBA fan out there, especially casual fans, who doesn't first associate the current US team with LeBron. He's comfortably the biggest basketball star in America.

LOL no. Lebron is NOT the biggest basketball star in America and you know that. He may be the face of ESPN (since they shove him down our throats) but Kobe is clearly is still the biggest and MOST popular basketball star in the world.

NBA just released their list of best selling jerseys internationally and Kobe is NUMBER 1. Not only in China, but in Europe and Latin America as well. Lebron is number 2 or 3 internationally. And even in America, Kobe is number 3, only behind Lin and Rose. Bron is 4.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19396795

You'll see who gets the most cheers in London (Hint, it won't be Lebron). You remember who got the most cheers in China 4 years ago right?

And i think NBA and ESPN are trying to make it Lebron's team. Hence why during the promos last night or right when it went to commercial, they had Lebron and Durant up on the promos.

ANYWAY OP, i don't think Lebron's mad. He just won a title, i don't think he cares that much lol. It is Kobe's team from a leadership standpoint.

rawimpact
07-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Biggest =/= most beloved

Big difference... Kobe is an international star. It's like comparing Michael Jackson to Smokey Robinson

BigTicket
07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Why would Lebron be mad that Kobe is older than him ? :confusedshrug:

Dragonyeuw
07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
:oldlol:

Durant just got destroyed by another player on the team a few weeks ago, who's gonna respect that?

1. Outplayed? Yes. Destroyed? No.

2. Durant is going to cause HUGE matchup problems. Last night's display against DR is a sign of things to come.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Durant winds up the most productive team USA player at the Olympics.

Punpun
07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Kobe is the biggest Basketball star in America guys. #1 Jersey sales. Lebron ain't even top 3.

:yaohappy:

tikay0
07-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Kobe is the biggest Basketball star in America guys. #1 Jersey sales. Lebron ain't even top 3.

:yaohappy:

Derrick Rose #2 :pimp:

rawimpact
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
why dont you people just post the damn information

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/jersey-sales-world.JPG

source: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/06/lebron_third_in_international.html

avonbarksdale
07-13-2012, 02:56 PM
lebron knows kobe is the god, kobe is 34 and has more fmvps and rings than the rest of the team combined, he is the most renowned player on the team and it's his last olympics - it is his team

tikay0
07-13-2012, 03:04 PM

source: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/06/lebron_third_in_international.html

:bowdown: Derrick Rose is the new Kobe in terms of popularity. No matter how good your favorite player is, he's never going to be as exciting as Derrick Rose. Rose's playing style translates to all continents. He barely speaks, but his game does the talking.

Indian guy
07-13-2012, 03:18 PM
LOL no. Lebron is NOT the biggest basketball star in America

He's the first athlete a casual fan associates the NBA with today. He's undeniably the most talked about basketball athlete in the world the last 4 seasons. Universally recognized as the best too as of right now. I'm not talking about popularity here, which only measures how well-liked you are. I'm talking about notoriety - how well known you are. That's LeBron. I guarantee you he's the first player the average US person thinks of when he hears Team USA basketball.

The Iron Fist
07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
How can Lebron be mad?

Without Kobe, team usa has no gold.

rawimpact
07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
He's the first athlete a casual fan associates the NBA with today. He's undeniably the most talked about basketball athlete in the world the last 4 seasons. Universally recognized as the best too as of right now. I'm not talking about popularity here, which only measures how well-liked you are. I'm talking about notoriety - how well known you are. That's LeBron. I guarantee you he's the first player the average US person thinks of when he hears Team USA basketball.

First off, everything you are saying is subjective. Secondly, the title of who's team it is has very little to do with skill. For example, 92' dream team, it was not Mike's team despite him being the best player. And No, kobe bryant is probably the name people associate to team USA as he lead the team last time.

mr beast
07-13-2012, 03:26 PM

the 92 dream team documentary talked about this.

there were always competition between old gen vs new gen of players

magic and bird or someone were fighting over who's team it was or who the best player was

then MJ walked in the room and said there's a new sheriff in town and magic or bird agreed after scrimmage or something. Overall consensus was that magic, bird and the 80s players are basically phasing out and are at the tail end of their careers, MJ is the head of the new generation at that time and was taking over

Kingwillball
07-13-2012, 03:27 PM
lebron knows kobe is the god, kobe is 34 and has more fmvps and rings than the rest of the team combined, he is the most renowned player on the team and it's his last olympics - it is his team

Blah blah blah.. Kobe is not even a top 3 player on the team so its not his team he is just the elder statesman of team with alot of accolades so the other players give him the respect. IN the Big games Lebron and Durant will be on the court the Most during the Olympics.

tikay0
07-13-2012, 03:28 PM
the 92 dream team documentary talked about this.

there were always competition between old gen vs new gen of players

magic and bird or someone were fighting over who's team it was or who the best player was

then MJ walked in the room and said there's a new sheriff in town and magic or bird agreed after scrimmage or something. Overall consensus was that magic, bird and the 80s players are basically phasing out and are at the tail end of their careers, MJ is the head of the new generation at that time and was taking over

Lebron's not like MJ though. I dont think he can handle confrontations. Kobe on the other hand, will straight up tell you, "this my team son".

Legends66NBA7
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I hope nobody is made over some trivial shit like that.

They just better focus on bringing gold back to the States.

Indian guy
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
First off, everything you are saying is subjective. Secondly, the title of who's team it is has very little to do with skill. For example, 92' dream team, it was not Mike's team despite him being the best player.

I'm not saying it's LeBron's team either. It's no one's team. I'm just saying LeBron's the first athlete the average person is going to associate Team USA with. He has easily been the most talked about and watched basketball athlete the last 2 years. He just won a championship 20 days ago. He's not trailing anyone on the celebrity list, that's for damn sure. Kobe's in the news because of what he SAID. It would've been big news regardless of who said it.

NumberSix
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
:facepalm

It's the Olypic TEAM. It's not any player's team. If anything, it's coach K's team.

Nash
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Who the hell is calling it Kobe's team? OP himself?

Rainwound
07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Once the action starts and LeBron and Durant are the ones kicking the shit out of the rest of the world, it won't look too much like Kobe's team.

Nash
07-13-2012, 03:45 PM

source: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/06/lebron_third_in_international.html That is true but to be honest LA, Chicago and Boston jersey's are cool looking. Miami? Not so much, its a bit boring.

But its amazing that Kobe still is nr 1 after all these years. I mean people have had the chance to buy that jersey for 15 years now and still can't get enough.

tikay0
07-13-2012, 03:49 PM

It's the Olypic TEAM. It's not any player's team. If anything, it's coach K's team.

Of course thats the way it should be, but as humans, their always needs to be a leader.

PickernRoller
07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Why should Lebron be mad? Actually I see him very relaxed and taking a back-step from the media. I am pretty sure he's relieved the media isn't picking on him and he has been able to avoid most of the attention. Just chill and relax...everything else is marketing and that's that.

swag2011
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Blah blah blah.. Kobe is not even a top 3 player on the team so its not his team he is just the elder statesman of team with alot of accolades so the other players give him the respect. IN the Big games Lebron and Durant will be on the court the Most during the Olympics.

lol b!tch shut up. Wasn't it Kobe's team last time in 08 too? In the big games last time wasn't Kobe on the court? Last night during the game, when they talked about the gold medal game against Spain, WHO did the announcers say took over the game? I understand your dislike for Kobe, but get real. Lebron and Durant will be on the court, but you better believe KOBE will be right there along side of them. he was the ONLY player to get doubled last night.

godfather2007
07-13-2012, 04:08 PM
If it was called Lebron's team, Kobe would have had a lot to talk about. But no, Lebron doesn't care. I think he has already proven that

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Lebron knows who is further up the totem pole.
He is OK with that. One day, he will be up there too.

All Net
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Don't think he cares who's team it is

rawimpact
07-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Lebron knows who is further up the totem pole.
He is OK with that. One day, he will be up there too.

Kevin durant will give him a run for his money.

Mach_3
07-13-2012, 05:54 PM

Wow i had no idea Garnett was still movin Jerseys like that. :bowdown:

mehyaM24
07-13-2012, 05:55 PM
why should lebron be mad? ....lebron james is far better than kobe,and has been since his rookie year....

lebron is on pace to break hundreds of records....he already has plenty of records....he is on pace to be the nbas alltime leading scorer at age 36...

he has more carer triple doubles than mike or kobe.....and he is only 25...

lakers- 6-3 without kobe last yr....they dont need kobe to succeed

cavs- 1-15 record without lebron from 2008-2010, and missed the playoffs the last two years.

PickernRoller
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
why should lebron be mad? ....lebron james is far better than kobe,and has been since his rookie year....

lebron is on pace to break hundreds of records....he already has plenty of records....he is on pace to be the nbas alltime leading scorer at age 36...

he has more carer triple doubles than mike or kobe.....and he is only 25...

lakers- 6-3 without kobe last yr....they dont need kobe to succeed

cavs- 1-15 record without lebron from 2008-2010, and missed the playoffs the last two years.

Contender for worst post of the year.

Umad101
07-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Agreed. This guy is so stupid, and his post I don't even......:facepalm

mehyaM24
07-13-2012, 07:27 PM
and his post I don't even......:facepalm

....sorry....you must not be aware of my legendary status.....you must not be aware of me...

i'm kind of a legend.....i have ENDLESS facts exposing bryant as being pathetic....dont hate the facts...

lakers are 272-92 .747% with kobe in 5 title yrs...

lakers are 31-10 .756% without kobe in 5 title yrs...

LAKERS DID BETTER WITHOUT KOBE....:lol

kobe= .412% in nba finals career....lol...*outscored by shaq in all 4 nba finals together

swag2011
07-13-2012, 07:34 PM
....sorry....you must not be aware of my legendary status.....you must not be aware of me...

i'm kind of a legend.....i have ENDLESS facts exposing bryant as being pathetic....dont hate the facts...

kobe= .412% in nba finals career....lol...*outscored by shaq in all 4 nba finals together

And yet he still has 5 rings. And yet he's still regarded as one of the best players of all time. And yet he's STILL making you mad b!tch. Obsessing over Kobe, a dude you don't even like. Such a hoe move.

Exposing Bryant.... hahahahaha, haters gon hate though :cheers:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-13-2012, 07:35 PM

Pauk, you embarrass yourself.

mehyaM24
07-13-2012, 07:40 PM
And yet he still has 5 rings. And yet he's still regarded as one of the best players of all time. And yet he's STILL making you mad b!tch. Obsessing over Kobe, a dude you don't even like. Such a hoe move.

Exposing Bryant.... hahahahaha, haters gon hate though :cheers:

:lol i'm too tired to school you.....check my work....

check: kobe greatest games 55 pts in last game vs jordan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSaKPHSEtRM)

i prove just how pathetic kobe bryant is......i suggest going to "view all" and check my posts....the posts of "wafflplat" are also mine....he copies and pastes my shit,knowing im a genius

google "kobe still a sidekick" as well....enjoy

lmao

kobe=sidekick for life, kobe= 53 missed gamewinners....most alltime

B
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM

i'm kind of a legend....
Maybe in your own shower. Everywhere else you're pretty much just the idiot we all laugh at.

I LUV KOBE
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM

Kobe and DRose.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

ducktape
07-13-2012, 10:46 PM
this is anthony davis' team

YAWN
07-13-2012, 11:53 PM
If it was called Lebron's team, Kobe would have had a lot to talk about. But no, Lebron doesn't care. I think he has already proven that

you must not remember last olympics when LeBron kept saying said "Im the #1 leader" :oldlol:

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm not saying it's LeBron's team either. It's no one's team. I'm just saying LeBron's the first athlete the average person is going to associate Team USA with. He has easily been the most talked about and watched basketball athlete the last 2 years. He just won a championship 20 days ago. He's not trailing anyone on the celebrity list, that's for damn sure. Kobe's in the news because of what he SAID. It would've been big news regardless of who said it.

Who the hell is calling it Kobe's team? OP himself?

Lebron fans are the ones who are mad :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jasper
07-14-2012, 01:16 AM
There was the Dream team

This is the epar team :D

Let it shine :kobe:

Jasper
07-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Well any ways :

Props to Kobe for putting out the 'we da best' theory ..

I'd say this is his last hurray on the world tour..

But even though Lebron is the best bball in the world ..

There is 3 point guards on this team that might be the best PG's ever in the history of one team.
D-Will, CP3 ,Westbrook :bowdown:

jstern
07-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Well, Jordan said Kobe's team because he was talking about a comment that Kobe said in comparison between Kobe's and his team. If he was responding to a comment made by Tyson Chandler, then he would have said Chandler's team. I mean, it doesn't take much brain to just know that without thinking.

Also, since Kobe is involved in that controversy, a controversy that has been commented on by other Dream Team members, then of course it's going to get a lot of coverage in that context of which team was better. Not in a leader of the team context.

The whole logic behind the thread is seriously :facepalm to me. No offense.

RazorBaLade
07-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Nah I dont think so. Everyone knows the way these things work. Lebron will have his time for it to be his team, durant for it to be his and so on.