PDA

View Full Version : I see what the Rockets are doing.. Lin-Dwight = Yao-Mac pt 2?!

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Is this why they are going all out and blowing their team apart..
they have such great memories with Yao + T-mac.. now they wish to reciprocate.. except this time the roles are reversed :lol

fpliii
07-14-2012, 01:01 AM
they have such great memories with Yao + T-mac.. now they wish to reciprocate.. except this time the roles are reversed :lol

lol that's messed up

repped though

DTreats
07-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Should be fun, with the news that the Knicks are not matching I really hope Dwight gets sent to Houston. Linsanity!

Rowe
07-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Should be fun, with the news that the Knicks are not matching I really hope Dwight gets sent to Houston. Linsanity!

:lol

Knicks will match this in 3 days. We just are doing it to **** up Houston's cap space for the next few days to hold off the Dwight trade.

Dictator
07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
RUSH HOUR 2 :coleman:

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 01:17 AM

I'm a Rockets fan, and I can attest to having great memories with Yao & T-Mac. Sure we didn't win, but every playoffs was met with the highest levels of anticipation and T-Mac delivered some sensational performances despite falling short.

I, unlike many other H-Town fans, see no reason to boo T-Mac when he comes back to the Toyota Center every time. He gave it his all.

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm a Rockets fan, and I can attest to having great memories with Yao & T-Mac. Sure we didn't win, but every playoffs was met with the highest levels of anticipation and T-Mac delivered some sensational performances despite falling short.

I, unlike many other H-Town fans, see no reason to boo T-Mac when he comes back to the Toyota Center every time. He gave it his all.
And I can agree with that. I watched all those years of playoffs with Yao and T-mac. A few years they came really close.. I remember that Mavs series.. every game was full of excitement.. definitely a heart-breaker. But these 2 guys did play their heart out.. definitely no reason to hate them.

Why would other Rocket fans boo T-mac? He only sucked because of his bad back..

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 01:39 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/nxkih3.jpg.gif

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 01:49 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/nxkih3.jpg.gif

Love the .gif. Don't see how it applies though :confusedshrug:

30 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block per on better percentages for every shooting facet than the regular season isn't giving one's all?

Dude lit it up come postseason. Any instance of him falling short is due to his body giving out, not his focus on the task at hand.

inclinerator
07-14-2012, 01:56 AM
that will be fun to watch

bluechox2
07-14-2012, 01:58 AM
rockets changed the deal making it a 3 year deal, no 4th year team option and dropped 15 in the 3rd year

stallionaire
07-14-2012, 01:58 AM
RUSH HOUR 3 :coleman:
Fixed.

L.Kizzle
07-14-2012, 02:03 AM
RUSH HOUR 4 :coleman:

Fixed.
Fixed.

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Love the .gif. Don't see how it applies though :confusedshrug:

30 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block per on better percentages for every shooting facet than the regular season isn't giving one's all?

Dude lit it up come postseason. Any instance of him falling short is due to his body giving out, not his focus on the task at hand.
He lit up in the post-season? Tell me what he did in the 2007 playoffs especially in terms of his shooting percentage.

Tmac never averaged 30/7/7 with Houston either so nice try. The most points he ever averaged ppg with Houston was 25 and the most rebounds and assists he ever averaged per season with Houston was 6 a piece.

If you think you gave it his all, I'm curious to hear what you think LeBron always does night in and night out. Tmac in Houston was a lazy **** who was scared of contact.

He didn't box-out for rebounds, he didn't hustle at the least, he didn't play defense at the slightest, and I can go on and on and on.

Your statement was about as dumb as it mother****ing gets. I have no problem if you were referring to Orlando Tmac but since you were referring to Houston Tmac, I felt like I had to call you out for saying such a dumbass statement.

fsvr54
07-14-2012, 02:17 AM
LOL, this dude is the biggest Tmac hater I've ever seen, takes any chance to shit on him.

WockaVodka
07-14-2012, 02:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbkXewxlGI

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 02:21 AM
LOL, this dude is the biggest Tmac hater I've ever seen, takes any chance to shit on him.
I have no problem with Tmac from '01-'03 but any other version of Tmac I hate and I admit this.

There isn't much to appreciate about Tmac outside of his days in Orlando.

He was lazy, soft, unmotivated, would throw his teammates under the bus especially for his own failures, and would also quit on teams.

What am I suppose to appreciate about that? If you can find me any other player that is like this, I would probably hate that player too.

Linspired
07-14-2012, 02:22 AM
damn, i miss Yao. Yao was fun to watch.

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 02:27 AM
If you think you gave it his all, I'm curious to hear what you think LeBron always does night in and night out.
O RLY?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/nba-finals-2011-lebron-jamess-fourth-quarter-performances-are-mystifying/2011/06/08/AGGvfXMH_story.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732821-2011-nba-finals-lebron-james-again-shrinks-from-spotlight

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/07/09/did-lebron-quit-on-cavs-in-the-playoffs/

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2012, 02:43 AM
The Rockets also are looking for ways to flip Lin and a few other players to LA Clippers for Chris Paul. We all know Sterling loves money, it can happen. Imagine Dwight+CP3 combo, still needs better role players to make some serious noises in playoffs.

RazorBaLade
07-14-2012, 02:49 AM
The Rockets also are looking for ways to flip Lin and a few other players to LA Clippers for Chris Paul. We all know Sterling loves money, it can happen. Imagine Dwight+CP3 combo, still needs better role players to make some serious noises in playoffs.

rockets have serious delusions of grandeur this offseason

Rowe
07-14-2012, 03:27 AM
I finally realized StateofMind12 is actually RocketGreatness.

:wtf:

Sorry for being late to that conclusion.

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 03:35 AM
I finally realized StateofMind12 is actually RocketGreatness.
Except this is my only account on this site so I can't be anyone else other than StateOfMind12. Feel free to check my IPs if you are so sure.

Dwade305
07-14-2012, 03:55 AM
LOL Rg still hating on Tmac:oldlol: :oldlol: So sad he wasted his idol Yao's best years:oldlol:

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 04:00 AM
LOL Rg still hating on Tmac:oldlol: :oldlol: So sad he wasted his idol Yao's best years:oldlol:
Tmac definitely wasted Yao's years. Yao led the Rockets past the 1st round in 2009 when Tmac was out for the season and in the post-season.

Imagine if Yao got to play with a real star perimeter player like Kobe, LeBron, or Pierce. He probably would have retired with a title or two or at the very least make it to the conference finals or the Finals.

It's too bad Yao was stuck with Tmac the entire time and he had to get bounce out of the 1st round every year with him and because of him.

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Tmac definitely wasted Yao's years. Yao led the Rockets past the 1st round in 2009 when Tmac was out for the season and in the post-season.

Imagine if Yao got to play with a real star perimeter player like Kobe, LeBron, or Pierce. He probably would have retired with a title or two or at the very least make it to the conference finals or the Finals.

It's too bad Yao was stuck with Tmac the entire time and he had to get bounce out of the 1st round every year with him and because of him.
hater :coleman:

there were times when Yao got injured and left T-mac to deal with it on his own too. Look at t-mac now. He's working hard, taking bench spots just so he can still play in the league. That's his love for the game. I don't get how can you hate someone like that :confusedshrug:

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 09:31 AM
He lit up in the post-season? Tell me what he did in the 2007 playoffs especially in terms of his shooting percentage.

Tmac never averaged 30/7/7 with Houston either so nice try. The most points he ever averaged ppg with Houston was 25 and the most rebounds and assists he ever averaged per season with Houston was 6 a piece.

If you think you gave it his all, I'm curious to hear what you think LeBron always does night in and night out. Tmac in Houston was a lazy **** who was scared of contact.

He didn't box-out for rebounds, he didn't hustle at the least, he didn't play defense at the slightest, and I can go on and on and on.

Your statement was about as dumb as it mother****ing gets. I have no problem if you were referring to Orlando Tmac but since you were referring to Houston Tmac, I felt like I had to call you out for saying such a dumbass statement.

What do I think LeBron does night in and night out? He gives it 110%. LMAO, where did his name come from?

Anyway, you idiot, T-Mac averaged 30/7/7 for HOUSTON in the 2005 PLAYOFFS against the Dallas Mavericks. Go check the numbers -> http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html

Simple literacy must be achieved before you go off insulting another's intelligence.

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 09:37 AM

T-Mac gave Yao 30/7/7 his first season as a Rocket in the PLAYOFFS.

What did Yao give T-Mac? 31 minutes of play and only 0.3 more rebounds??? LMAOOOOO f*ck..... OUTTA HERE!!!

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbkXewxlGI

Awesome! T-Mac shows so much swag in this video.

I dont fault him one bit for this showing. He was physically hurting at that point.

DKLaker
07-14-2012, 11:48 AM
RUSH HOUR 2 :coleman:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

SCREWstonRockets
07-14-2012, 12:04 PM

I dont fault him one bit for this showing. He was physically hurting at that point.
Except for the fact that a few games earlier, after dunking on Tyrus Thomas, he said he was "back". I guess he ws just joking...

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Except for the fact that a few games earlier, after dunking on Tyrus Thomas, he said he was "back". I guess he ws just joking...

Oh I didn't know about that. I think a lot of the time T-Mac overestimated his health. He makes too many claims about being "back" and is then forced to sit out a game or 2 due to pain or fatigue.

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 02:31 PM
T-Mac gave Yao 30/7/7 his first season as a Rocket in the PLAYOFFS.
Awesome, he put up big numbers against a team that allowed for stars to put up big numbers and a team that hardly played defense.

I'm sure Tmac won the series putting up those numbers. Oh wait, he got knocked out of the 1st round as always and lost by like 40 in that game 7.

What did Yao give T-Mac? 31 minutes of play and only 0.3 more rebounds??? LMAOOOOO f*ck..... OUTTA HERE!!!
Better rebounding, better defense, more efficient scoring, and better overall post-season performances unless you just want to talk about 2005.

How many times did Tmac get past the 1st round and how many times did Yao get past the 1st round in Houston? Feel free to let me know.

You don't know? I'll let you know then, Yao got past the 1st round in 2009 without McGrady playing at all in the post-season.

As a matter of fact, the Rockets were 20-15 when McGrady was playing in 2009 while the Rockets were 33-14 without McGrady playing that season.

Forever 2nd round virgin.

He sure gave it his all in that video.

:rolleyes: :facepalm

http://blog.chron.com/franblinebury/2009/01/sittin-on-the-dock-of-the-bay-live-blog-tonight-6-p-m/

Anybody who was watching at the Air Canada Centre or on TV knows it was the precise moment that Tracy McGrady quit on the Rockets.

You said Tmac gave it his all and I'm telling you are full of shit and thanks to WockaVodka for showing that video of Tmac being that quitting loser that he is.

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes let's ignore the fact that T-Mac was the one spearheading a 21 game win streak with Yao missing a lot of it and focus on a season when he was hobbled.

Yao was lucky to advance against a weaker team.

You are more insane than previously thought if you think Yao was a better postseason player.

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes let's ignore the fact that T-Mac was the one spearheading a 21 game win streak with Yao missing a lot of it and focus on a season when he was hobbled.
Why am I suppose to care about what Tmac did for a certain number of games in the regular season?

Yao was lucky to advance against a weaker team.
Yao was lucky that Tmac missed about 50 games that season considering how much better the Rockets were without Tmac because if tmac was playing 50 more games that season the Rockets would have been the 7th-8th seed and get trounced out of the 1st round again with Tmac as always.

The Rockets were 20-15 when McGrady was playing in 2009 while the Rockets were 33-14 without McGrady playing that season.

You are more insane than previously thought if you think Yao was a better postseason player.
I liked how you ignore my question about what happened in the 2007 playoffs when the Rockets were favorite to get past the 1st round.

Tmac shot a FG% of 39% in that series and like a TS% or 47%. He was adept offensively for that team and choked like the puss he is. Yao never shot that pathetically as a matter of fact he put up 25/10 with a TS% of 55% in that playoff series.

Yes, Yao is the better post-season player because unlike Tmac he actually got past the 1st round and without Tmac too which makes it even more humiliating for Tmac.

WockaVodka
07-14-2012, 03:42 PM

You said he gave it his all and that video clearly shows that he did not give it his all.

If you want to know why Houston boos him at the Toyota Center it is for a plethora of reasons.

One reason being that he got knee surgery in 2009 without telling anyone in Feb. because he was in the trading block and in trade rumors and he didn't want to get traded to a bad team specifically the Nets for his cousin Vince Carter. He purposely ruined the Rockets chance that season at getting further in the playoffs and getting better talent in return. It is why he got traded in 2010 and it was because Adelman was pissed at him for purposely doing that so Adelman refused to give him much playing time and Tmac forced his way out of Houston for good.

The other reason is due to the fact that he was massive underachiever in Houston. Everybody in Houston thought and wanted him to play like the way he did in Orlando and he never came close.

Timmy D for MVP
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I will say this until the day I die:

Tracy Mcgrady=Didier Drogba

Both physically tough to match-up with.

Both gifted scorers who at some point were considered the top-3 scorers.

Both unstoppable when they put their mind to it. Unstoppable.

Both struggled with focus issues that held them back from becoming top tier legends.

The thing that makes Drogba a legend though is his big moment success. He has championships and he was a major factor in all the Cups and titles Chelsea won with him.

Rockets fans I'm sure wish they could say the same for T-Mac but they can't. However I don't blame Mcgrady. It's not like every time he went out in the playoffs he laid a stinker, it just never happened for him. And that's a shame because his talent is to be recognized and remembered. He is still one of my favorite players to watch all-time.

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Why am I suppose to care about what Tmac did for a certain number of games in the regular season?

Wow, you are all over the place and making a hypocrite of yourself. You're gonna cite me a stat about the Rockets regular season record, and then ask me why are you supposed to care about what T-Mac did for a number of regular season games? LOL, wtf.

Yao was lucky that Tmac missed about 50 games that season considering how much better the Rockets were without Tmac because if tmac was playing 50 more games that season the Rockets would have been the 7th-8th seed and get trounced out of the 1st round again with Tmac as always.

The Rockets were 20-15 when McGrady was playing in 2009 while the Rockets were 33-14 without McGrady playing that season.

I'm not going to defend T-Mac in a season where he was clearly dealing with serious physical ailments. All I know is that if T-Mac were in his 2005 playoff form, he would have certainly contributed to the team's success in 2009.

I liked how you ignore my question about what happened in the 2007 playoffs when the Rockets were favorite to get past the 1st round.

Tmac shot a FG% of 39% in that series and like a TS% or 47%. He was adept offensively for that team and choked like the puss he is. Yao never shot that pathetically as a matter of fact he put up 25/10 with a TS% of 55% in that playoff series.

Yes, Yao is the better post-season player because unlike Tmac he actually got past the 1st round and without Tmac too which makes it even more humiliating for Tmac.

The Utah Jazz simply looked like the better team in that series. The Rockets being the favorite means nothing since the two teams were evenly matched going into the series. Any advantage they may have had would be slight at best.

People want to sometimes accuse T-Mac of being a statpadder, but Yao was even guiltier if you ask me. He didn't score in a variety of ways to force the defense to adjust. Always going over his one defender with that soft touch on his jumper. It's not like he was an impact player that defenses zeroed in on.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Lin and Dwight would be cool, but it's probably not gonna happen.

Don't see how anyone could hate on T-Mac though, it's not like he quit on his team in the playoffs or anything. 40 points in the elimination game against the Jazz. The Jazz were just better that year. T-Mac's a phenomenal player, he was just really unlucky with the injuries and such.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Weren't they playing horse?

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm not going to defend T-Mac in a season where he was clearly dealing with serious physical ailments. All I know is that if T-Mac were in his 2005 playoff form, he would have certainly contributed to the team's success in 2009.
Too bad we aren't talking about what Tmac did in 2005 for one year and we are talking about what Tmac did in his entire tenure in Houston. He quit in 2009 and in his lasting days in Houston and that is why he gets booed.

The Utah Jazz simply looked like the better team in that series. The Rockets being the favorite means nothing since the two teams were evenly matched going into the series. Any advantage they may have had would be slight at best.

They were the favorite and Tmac choked and played like a vag in that series. It's plain and simple.

People want to sometimes accuse T-Mac of being a statpadder, but Yao was even guiltier if you ask me. He didn't score in a variety of ways to force the defense to adjust. Always going over his one defender with that soft touch on his jumper. It's not like he was an impact player that defenses zeroed in on.
Yes, Yao saw zero double teams, they just let him do whatever he wanted. :oldlol: :facepalm :rolleyes:

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Too bad we aren't talking about what Tmac did in 2005 for one year and we are talking about what Tmac did in his entire tenure in Houston. He quit in 2009 and in his lasting days in Houston and that is why he gets booed.

His body breaking down has a lot to do with him giving up, and that's why I find it difficult to boo him. He had chronic back issues that cut his physical training short, which led to other problem areas as an athletic explosive specimen.

They were the favorite and Tmac choked and played like a vag in that series. It's plain and simple.

They were decided the favorite off a coin toss most likely. Their regular season record was only 1 game better than Utah, and they lost the regular season head-to-head series 3-1. And, they clearly looked like the inferior all-around team as the postseason series went on.

Yes, Yao saw zero double teams, they just let him do whatever he wanted. :oldlol: :facepalm :rolleyes:

Pretty much. Yao was a soft, quiet offensive player who had two go-to moves that didn't require any double-teaming basically since he went over the top of defenders. Let's not forget his butterfingers as he led the team in turnovers by an overwhelming amount that series. Let's not forget that he averaged less than 1 block per game. No interior D whatsoever.

So hilarious that you want to criticize T-Mac for being soft, yet you give Yao a free pass. Yeah... what a banger he was in the middle :roll:

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 11:34 PM
His body breaking down has a lot to do with him giving up, and that's why I find it difficult to boo him. He had chronic back issues that cut his physical training short, which led to other problem areas as an athletic explosive specimen.
Big shit, plenty of players play hurt and give it their all (see Mike Miller), he doesn't and he surely didn't in Houston which was my point and a response to your asinine statement of Tmac giving his all which he clearly didn't.

Pretty much. Yao was a soft, quiet offensive player who had two go-to moves that didn't require any double-teaming basically since he went over the top of defenders.
I guess you couldn't see the facepalm or the eye rolls in my post. :facepalm :rolleyes:

Let's not forget his butterfingers as he led the team in turnovers by an overwhelming amount that series. Let's not forget that he averaged less than 1 block per game. No interior D whatsoever.
Lets not forget that Yao was the one that led the Rockets past the 1st round in 2009 and without Tmac whereas Tmac still never played in a 2nd round game when he left.

My point was to simply laugh at your statement about how Tmac gave it his all in Houston which is full of shit. If you want to bring up Orlando Tmac then I wouldn't disagree or argue with you although Tmac admitted that he gave up in his last season in Orlando.

ducktape
07-14-2012, 11:37 PM
rush hour 2012

HardwoodLegend
07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Big shit, plenty of players play hurt and give it their all (see Mike Miller), he doesn't and he surely didn't in Houston which was my point and a response to your asinine statement of Tmac giving his all which he clearly didn't.

WOW WOW WOW, you just did not compare Mike Miller who had only one limited role for that Heat squad to T-Mac who was expected to do a wide array of things on offense for 40+ minutes. You seriously think their situations are the same in managing injuries???

Lets not forget that Yao was the one that led the Rockets past the 1st round in 2009 and without Tmac whereas Tmac still never played in a 2nd round game when he left.

Yao didn't play that stellar to advance against the inferior Blazers. And, he got abused by Boozer in 2007 as C-Booze outrebounded him and shot a much better percentage. That was the story of the series more than T-Mac's shooting woes.

ducktape
07-14-2012, 11:44 PM
if jeremy lin does go to the rockets his career will end early there. it will be like yao all over again and the rockets will finally learn.

disel
07-14-2012, 11:45 PM
lin is a bum.

StateOfMind12
07-14-2012, 11:53 PM
WOW WOW WOW, you just did not compare Mike Miller who had only one limited role for that Heat squad to T-Mac who was expected to do a wide array of things on offense for 40+ minutes. You seriously think their situations are the same in managing injuries???
Miller played hard and gave his all despite being in horrible pain, Tmac did not.

Tmac only played like 35-37 mpg after the 2005 season with the Rockets, so lol at 40+ minutes.

Tmac didn't play hard and give it his all, that's it. There is nothing you can do to refute it because it isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

Yao didn't play that stellar to advance against the inferior Blazers. And, he got abused by Boozer in 2007 as C-Booze outrebounded him and shot a much better percentage. That was the story of the series more than T-Mac's shooting woes.
Except when we compare Yao's numbers in the 2007 playoffs to Tmac's, Yao's were much better, so nice try.

The story was actually about how Tmac was crying in the press conference about losing in the 1st round and continuing his 2nd round virginity.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-15-2012, 12:32 AM
RUSH HOUR 2 :coleman: :roll:

ripthekik
07-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Miller played hard and gave his all despite being in horrible pain, Tmac did not.

Tmac only played like 35-37 mpg after the 2005 season with the Rockets, so lol at 40+ minutes.

Tmac didn't play hard and give it his all, that's it. There is nothing you can do to refute it because it isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

Except when we compare Yao's numbers in the 2007 playoffs to Tmac's, Yao's were much better, so nice try.

The story was actually about how Tmac was crying in the press conference about losing in the 1st round and continuing his 2nd round virginity.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
oh wow you need to just STFU
miller showed up for 1 game. the rest of the playoffs he was shiit