PDA

View Full Version : Down by 1, who takes the last shot for Team USA?

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-14-2012, 04:51 AM
For the Gold.

Who would you want as for who you think would step up to take it?

Melo, Durant, LeBron, CP3 or Kobe. or other?

Miss and be hugely humiliated, make it and get all the glory.

1987_Lakers
07-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Kobe or Durant

DirtySanchez
07-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Kobe Durant Melo

Punpun
07-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Down by one ? Impossible. That'd be so humiliating I'd have Davis take it. America doesn't deserve the gold if they are down by one in the final match.

RazorBaLade
07-14-2012, 04:57 AM
I see the ball being in kobes hands and he either takes it himself or finds durant for a jumper.

IcanzIIravor
07-14-2012, 04:57 AM
Kobe Durant Melo

This.

JaE_BLiZZy
07-14-2012, 04:58 AM
Durant

sipitri
07-14-2012, 04:58 AM
Ball to Lebron who penetrates and dishes.

TheeBeast
07-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Durant

Myth
07-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Anthony Davis.

RazorBaLade
07-14-2012, 05:00 AM
The problem with lebron having it is the same issue as the ASG. You don't want to risk him seeing some sort of pass and throwing it out of bounds because he's so unwilling to take a tough shot himself.

better to have it in kobes or at least CP3s hands

swag2011
07-14-2012, 05:01 AM
Catch and shoot? Durant.

But Kobe, Durant, or Melo. either will work.

But USA better not be down by 1 in the gold medal game. HECK no. that would be embarassing

fpliii
07-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Down by one in the gold medal game?

Doesn't really matter since it'd be about 10 seconds into the first quarter. :confusedshrug:

Pick anyone.

Ketchup
07-14-2012, 05:07 AM
You give it to the best player who shoots the highest percentage. Lebron.

I LUV KOBE
07-14-2012, 05:07 AM
GAWDBe.. Who else would be? :confusedshrug:

9erempiree
07-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Down by one in the gold medal game?

Doesn't really matter since it'd be about 10 seconds into the first quarter. :confusedshrug:

Pick anyone.

repped.:oldlol:

Kews1
07-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Give me Melo

talkingconch
07-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Kobe, Melo, Durant, CP3

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 05:23 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

And it would be Kobe or Durant.

Maybe Lebron... to pass it to them

DurantFor40
07-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Kevin Durant. Best scorer in the WORLD. Height and length to get whatever shot he wants, and has proven he thrives in the clutch.

No brainer.

Ketchup
07-14-2012, 05:29 AM

And it would be Kobe or Durant.

Maybe Lebron... to pass it to them

Why Kobe? Dude is terrible at the Olympics. Low percentage shooter.

Durant, sure. I'd still give it to Lebron.

raprap
07-14-2012, 05:33 AM
LeBron James.

To inbound the ball. Chris Paul or Durant takes the last shot.

noosaman
07-14-2012, 05:48 AM
lefraud just needs to sit on the bench for the last two minutes like in game 4 of the Finals, lol.

All Net
07-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Depends who's hot

Would be a worry if they ever are.

jcyrus10
07-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Lebron or cp3 to pass. Durant or carmelo to take the shot.

28renyoy
07-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Why Kobe? Dude is terrible at the Olympics. Low percentage shooter.

Durant, sure. I'd still give it to Lebron.

You can't be serious...Durant is so much better at scoring in the half court, it's a joke.

His eFG% in the half court is around 52% IIRC. LeBron's was in the 40's'

And you're not getting a fast break dunk on a last shot

Quickening
07-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Why would Kobe take, he has terrible cluth stats... like 20 percent on game winners.:lol

coin24
07-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Why would Kobe take, he has terrible cluth stats... like 20 percent on game winners.:lol

Better than Bronzeys 0%... Zero balls in the clutch. 100% bitch...:lol

Cant go wrong with Kobe, Durant or Melo... CP3 would dribble around and not get a shot off in time, signature move:facepalm

Anyone who says LeBron is a complete retard, he would inbound or offload to anyone he could so he doesnt have to take the shot:facepalm

Quickening
07-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Better than Bronzeys 0%... Zero balls in the clutch. 100% bitch...:lol

Cant go wrong with Kobe, Durant or Melo... CP3 would dribble around and not get a shot off in time, signature move:facepalm

Anyone who says LeBron is a complete retard, he would inbound or offload to anyone he could so he doesnt have to take the shot:facepalm

Kobe goes wrong 80 percent of the time.:lol :roll:

Odinn
07-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Durant or Melo.

bluechox2
07-14-2012, 06:31 AM
durant if we need a 3, melo if we need a 2

BoutPractice
07-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Probably wouldn't happen, the competition outside of Spain is lighter than it used to be. Even against Spain, I have my doubts.

But if it were to happen, I'd use a positionless small ball lineup with Paul, Kobe, Melo, Durant and LeBron on the court at the same time, set up a good out of bounds play with off-the-ball movement that makes each of them potentially dangerous in a relative comfort zone, and give the ball to whoever 1/ is more eager to demand it 2/ makes the pass easier 2/ has more room to operate than the others.

Nash
07-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Lebron of course, the best player at passing and attacking. He'll penetrate if there is a chance for it and if not he'll find the player with the best opportunity.

Doranku
07-14-2012, 07:31 AM
:roll: @ anyone thinking LeBron would get the shot. The correct answer is either Kobe or Durant. No one else is even in the conversation.

Nash
07-14-2012, 07:34 AM
:roll: @ anyone thinking LeBron would get the shot. The correct answer is either Kobe or Durant. No one else is even in the conversation.
Lebron brings most to the table in a situation like this. Unlike you and many other hater trolls, coaches don't reason like ya'll do. He can attack and pass, perfect player to have in the last seconds.

Go Getter
07-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Down by one ? Impossible. That'd be so humiliating I'd have Davis take it. America doesn't deserve the gold if they are down by one in the final match.
Such stupidity. It is possible for there to be a challenger that has a very good game and even BEATS the US. Mind you, our players don't play with each other for years like most international teams....add that with the FIBA rules that we aren't totally used to and there you have it.

You don't know spit about ball so who are you to say who deserves what pray tell?

coin24
07-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Lebron brings most to the table in a situation like this. Unlike you and many other hater trolls, coaches don't reason like ya'll do. He can attack and pass, perfect player to have in the last seconds.

LeBron = Frontrunner...

Wheres Phong when you need him:lol

LeBron NEVER takes the last shot, what rock have you been hiding under? He is great for inbounding or passing, but he will not take the last shot when the pressure is on. Maybe if the games tied, yeah, but not when his team is down. Not a chance....

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2012, 07:43 AM

Lebron is not a clutch player at buzzer time, the shot should go to Kobe, Durant or Melo. Id say CP3 has a chance to take the last shot too since hes the best player in the league.

PyrrhusX
07-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Wont be a choice, I can see GOATbrook chucking it for Olympic Glory :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Realistically, kobe or Durant ... gotta think of the crunchtime lineup - CP3/Durant/Kobe/Lebron/??? one of those 5 will take it .... but it will never come to this.
:coleman:

TDownpour
07-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Depends who's hot
This. And it also depends on what each player says in the huddle. You need a player that demands to shoot it.

dunksby
07-14-2012, 08:39 AM
The correct answer is Durant of course, he has carried the team USA to a world championship already and he will do it again :bowdown:

comerb
07-14-2012, 08:41 AM
For the Gold.

Who would you want as for who you think would step up to take it?

Melo, Durant, LeBron, CP3 or Kobe. or other?

Miss and be hugely humiliated, make it and get all the glory.

Durant or CP3

comerb
07-14-2012, 08:42 AM

CP3 is a significantly better closer than Kobe at this stage in their careers.

DTreats
07-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Anybody but LeBron, knowing him he's probably pissing his pants.

Kobe or Durant, whoevers having the better game.

b1imtf
07-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Put in a lineup of Paul, Kobe, LeBron, Melo and Durant. This way, you have 5 options, just pick the one with the best shot

noosaman
07-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Wont be a choice, I can see GOATbrook chucking it for Olympic Glory :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Realistically, kobe or Durant ... gotta think of the crunchtime lineup - CP3/Durant/Kobe/Lebron/??? one of those 5 will take it .... but it will never come to this.
:coleman:

All Durant can do is stand 25 feet from the basket. In FIBA ball you need guys like westbrook who can create their own shot.

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Loving the fact that ISH knows what's right :pimp:

the only ones saying Lebron are lebron fans:roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh he'll take the last shot.. only if the score is tied :lol

Nash
07-14-2012, 08:59 AM
We all know the ball will be in Lebron's hand. Thats just how it will go. Now if he takes the last shot or not is completely up to him and coach.

pauk
07-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Is it a 1-2 point game or a tied game and there is 10 seconds left?
That is enough time for a player to create the perfect basket. Give it to Lebron and get out of the way, he will get you the most efficient basket or hit you with a completely open jumpshot...

Is it a 3 point game and there is 5 seconds left?
Draw a play for Durant, he will get you the most accurate 3PT shot...

Is it a 2 point game and there is 2 seconds left?
Draw a play for Durant, he will get you the most accurate JUMPSHOT...

OmniStrife
07-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Best option is for LeBron to drive in and pass outside to an open Kobe / Durant.

DatAsh
07-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Is it a 1-2 point game or a tied game and there is 10 seconds left?
That is enough time for a player to create the perfect basket. Give it to Lebron and get out of the way, he will get you the most efficient basket or hit you with a completely open jumpshot...

Is it a 3 point game and there is 5 seconds left?
Draw a play for Durant, he will get you the most accurate 3PT shot...

Is it a 2 point game and there is 2 seconds left?
Draw a play for Durant, he will get you the most accurate JUMPSHOT...

I actually kind of agree with Pauk :cheers:

thelucifer69
07-14-2012, 09:10 AM
GAWDBe.. Who else would be? :confusedshrug:

the love for kobe fool you

he missed last 7 game winning shot in playoffs

Durant or Melo prove to be cluch this season, one of them should should take last shot

swag2011
07-14-2012, 09:13 AM
CP3 is a significantly better closer than Kobe at this stage in their careers.

ehh not really. i mean i know kobe f*cked up in the playoffs, but CP3 also missed a game tying shot or winning shot against the Spurs game 4 which could've kept them from getting swept.

Kobe's still had his usual clutch moments this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A714G2HVbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Zm2aoMLMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA48FNlQjzE 5 straight 3's in the 4th. still lost this game but whatever.

And i'm not gunna post the videos, but the game winning 3 pointers against the Nets and Hornets. Plus the shots at the end against the Clippers as well.

Nash
07-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Best option is for LeBron to drive in and pass outside to an open Kobe / Durant.
Or just attack the basket on them Spaniards.

pauk
07-14-2012, 09:18 AM
The play will guaranteed ALWAYS involve Lebron though....

Either to make the inbound pass for the last shot to lets say Durant (Lebron is easily the best inbound passer in the NBA, length, vision, passing accuracy)... or to live dribble, handle the rock and either for him or the coach to decide........... the reason is because you can always trust Lebron to make the right play.... he is not a shoot-first or a pass first player.... he is a correct-play first player..... if he sees an open lane, he will drive, if the defense plays him and his teammates otherwise he will find a completely open basket for one of his teammates.... sometimes even intentionally drawing/fooling the defense just to get the shot for one of his teammates....

But in reality? There wont be any last shot hero ball situations..... not against this International competition.... come on... :D

Rysio
07-14-2012, 09:21 AM
the guy that was making all the clutch plays in the gold medal game 4 years ago. :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-14-2012, 09:26 AM
the guy that was making all the clutch plays in the gold medal game 4 years ago. :applause:

Wade? Lebron? :confusedshrug:

Naw, I'm kidding lol. Gotta go with either Kobe or Durant if it's a last second shot.

Story Up
07-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Kobe, Durant, if team has weak interior D then James. But honestly everyone is capable of hitting a big shot, depends on who is hot that game.

embersyc
07-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Whoever is open.

tommy3
07-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Durant is the best FIBA player on the team, dude's FIBA threes go in like free throws.

Cangri
07-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Durant, this shouldn't be a question, no one can guard him.

dunksby
07-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Durant is the best FIBA player on the team, dude's FIBA threes go in like free throws.
That's what many people ignore and some of them here are actually calling for LeBron to take it to the hoop for a dunk or layup like any respectable FIBA savvy team that is one up is ever gonna give him an inch to penetrate through :roll:

Kblaze8855
07-14-2012, 10:16 AM
With 2-3 seconds left to just catch it and get off a shot....Durant, Melo, or Kobe. All about equally capable of making a quick shot.

With time to get setup?

Its been shown many times that Lebron will take and has made huge shots(though people pretend they never happened) and that he will pass if he feels its the right thing to do. Same with Chris Paul. In a situation with Paul, Lebron, Kobe, Durant, and Melo there is no wrong pass to make if you run into trouble or someone gets open. And neither of them are gonna take a hero ball poor shot just to say they took it.

When there is no "WTF?" role player to pass it to? When every option you can give it up to is a superstar scorer who has made big plays...

Let Lebron or Paul decide how to play it.

Kobe likely wont give it up even if he has to take a bad shot. Durant and Melo are less likely to do that but also worse at finding the open man and getting it there.

You give it to someone who can score and make the right pass. So Lebron or Paul. Maybe let Lebron pass it in trying to get it to Paul with Durant as the second option who can get it back to Lebron or to Paul to make a play.

If it breaks down...**** it. There is nobody it can end up with who id be upset about having it.

EllEffEll
07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
If I was a betting man, unless KB has been totally laying bricks, I'd bet Coach K (the guy that will be calling the shots in London) would try to put the ball in KB's hands; he absolutely gushes over KB.

But, I would probably look to Durant or CP3 unless someone else is incredibly hot, with Durant being my first choice. His length, incredibly long range, and the ice water that flows in his veins are hard to ignore.

I don't think Coach K would call LBJ's number. Possible, but not probable.

Kobe would take that shot and be able to live with the result. LBJ was impressive in this year's Finals, but I'm not so sure how well LBJ would deal with that should he not be successful with so much on the line. For better or worse, win or lose, KB is stone cold no matter the result.

tpols
07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Who said Lebron LMAO?:lol

Dudes afraid to shoot for Miami, Florida and you want to give him the ball for the whole damn country smh..

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Durant is the best pure shooter on the team.
Give CP3 the ball, spread the floor, and let him make a play.

NumberSix
07-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Durant is the best shooter by 3 miles.

tomtucker
07-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Blake Griffin with a jump shot..........damm injury ruins the gold dream

chazzy
07-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Lebron's been god awful at game winning situations since going to Miami, don't trust him at all anymore. Melo is the best statistically, with his elite pullup jumper. I'd imagine Kobe would get seniority in this situation though.

RaininTwos
07-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Who ever is open.

These questions are so dumb.

RRR3
07-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Durant obviously, best scorer in the NBA.

:facepalm @ people thinking LeBron is "afraid" or a "frontrunner", did you not watch the playoffs this year? :banghead: :banghead:
I'm not a fan of ISO ball to end the game, anyways, it seems stupid to me. But Durant is the best option, definitely not Kobe :rolleyes:

brandonislegend
07-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Ball to Lebron who penetrates and dishes.

Does that even answer the question?

EnoughSaid
07-14-2012, 12:25 PM
If they have some more time I'd give it to LeBron and let him make a play. If its just one shot, then I'd give it to Melo.

DKLaker
07-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Who said Lebron LMAO?:lol

Dudes afraid to shoot for Miami, Florida and you want to give him the ball for the whole damn country smh..

Lebron would piss himself if the ball touched his hands in that situation........and remember the All-Star game :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Kobe or Durant have to take that shot

RRR3
07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Lebron would piss himself if the ball touched his hands in that situation........and remember the All-Star game :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Didn't watch the playoffs.

*LeBron hater alternate reality* LeBron is still ringless :rolleyes:

ripthekik
07-14-2012, 12:39 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Didn't watch the playoffs.

*LeBron hater alternate reality* LeBron is still ringless :rolleyes:
lebron fan mad that ISH knows what's up :pimp:
lebron can put up mad stats, but when you need someone to close, you go with someone who has killer instincts. this guy will look to pass as soon as he has the chance, even if it is Haslem for the win :lol

When you need the win, you go to guys like Kobe, Durant
(Sad that Wade lost it after Lebron came along :confusedshrug:, he used to have the killer instinct too)

RRR3
07-14-2012, 12:40 PM
lebron fan mad that ISH knows what's up :pimp:
lebron can put up mad stats, but when you need someone to close, you go with someone who has killer instincts. this guy will look to pass as soon as he has the chance, even if it is Haslem for the win :lol

e.g. Kobe, Durant
(Sad that Wade lost it after Lebron came along :confusedshrug:, he used to have the killer instinct too)
LeBron has 5 or 6 game winners in the playoffs. Kobe has 7 and it's taken him twice as long to do so. Next.

Inactive
07-14-2012, 12:45 PM
I think it would end up in Kobe's hands, but it should go to Durant.

TeamLAC
07-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Durant or CP3 :D

ripthekik
LeBron has 5 or 6 game winners in the playoffs. Kobe has 7 and it's taken him twice as long to do so. Next.
Lebron also has the most history of choking badly in the playoffs. Wanna bring up his 2 final stats? :lol

At the end of the day, most none Lebron fans would rather Durant, Kobe, or Melo take the LAST SHOT. Not Lebron.

RRR3
I think it would end up in Kobe's hands, but it should go to Durant.
:applause: Durant isn't assertive enough, though, he'll probably let Kobe (or Melo) take it. CP3 is a good choice too, though, he'll set up a great play for either himself or one of his teammates.

RRR3
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Lebron also has the most history of choking badly in the playoffs. Wanna bring up his 2 final stats? :lol

At the end of the day, most none Lebron fans would rather Durant, Kobe, or Melo take the LAST SHOT. Not Lebron.
Yeah, if it's a jumpshot. I'd rather have LeBron drive than freakin' Kobe :facepalm And Kobe shouldn't have the ball, he's detrimental to his teams in these situations these days, did you not watch him score like 4 points in the 4th quarter against the Thunder this year :lol What's he gonna do, turn it over or fire up a brick :lol Ball should go to Durant, period, for a jumper. If Durant doesn't want it, then Melo.

BuffaloBill
07-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Kobe Durant Melo

This. But most likely Durant.

Or just give the ball to CP3 or Lebron and let them make the play.

The Macho Man
07-14-2012, 12:57 PM
"Alright Lebron there's 10 seconds left, the whole world is watching and your country is (for once) cheering for you. Go stand in the corner"

The Macho Man
07-14-2012, 12:58 PM

I surely hope you aren't counting his game winner against the Wizards where he took 37 steps.:mad:

inclinerator
07-14-2012, 12:59 PM
deron

RRR3
07-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I surely hope you aren't counting his game winner against the Wizards where he took 37 steps.:mad:
Of course I am. And BTW, Andray Blatche is still on your team. So HA :lol

dunksby
07-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Stop kidding yourselves.

The Macho Man
07-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Of course I am. And BTW, Andray Blatche is still on your team. So HA :lol

:cry:

RRR3
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
:cry:
:lol
http://www.eviplist.com/flyers/4880a4887c12b.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj181/balleralert/layla_andray.jpg

Yung D-Will
07-14-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a hater of any player, but if it's a one on one isolation situation I'd probally give the ball to Melo, Durant or Cp3.

knickswin
07-14-2012, 02:32 PM
why isn't steve novak on this team? he'd legitimately average 50-60% from three and pour in, like, 20 points a game on fewer than 10 shots. FIBA 3 point line would be child's play for him.

and for this question, NOT kobe. he sucks at this stuff. go with durant, cp3, or melo. but really it should be steve novak.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I think LeBron finally just got on to kinda the good side of America so if he were to take the last shot and lose he would have to endure all that hatred again so I doubt he asks coach K for the ball. I'd like to see Melo or Durant to take the shot but if it was Kobe I wouldn't mind either.

lilgodfather1
07-14-2012, 05:10 PM
It should be Kyrie Irving aka Mr. Fourth Quarter, but it would likely be anyone but Tyson Chandler.

no pun intended
07-14-2012, 05:16 PM
This.

Then LeBron gives it away.

The-Legend-24
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Lebron. :coleman:

Timmy D for MVP
07-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Durant.

Dirk is the only other person in the world I'd give it to right now. That's how much confidence I have in Durant's ability to cause and exploit mismatches with his size and range.

AlonzoGOAT
07-14-2012, 05:52 PM
LeBron if he drives to lane. IF he does then it's not close, give it to him. I don't want kobe with the ball with 20 seconds to pull some stupid shit. I would want someone to dish it to him at the prefect time and spot. So if we were down by 2 give the ball to lebron let him drive and throw a beautiful dish to Kobe or durant at the corners.