PDA

View Full Version : Lakers woking on Sign & Trade to acquire OJ Mayo

Rowe
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Not a credible source via Twitter.

But the Lakers are interested in OJ Mayo.

Saturday night Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears has tweeted that the Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns are the finalists, while WEEI.com in Boston is reporting that the Celtics are also interested in Mayo, but that it would be contingent on finalizing a sign-and-trade deal for the newly acquired Jason Terry -- a move that has technically yet to be finalized.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/15/3160634/o-j-mayo-free-agency-lakers-bulls-celtics

Deuce Bigalow
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
I like

DTreats
07-15-2012, 04:43 PM
It'll happen, Big 5 in LA :lol

Umad101
07-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't *** with me bro

Batz
07-15-2012, 04:50 PM
What a laughable source.

swi7ch
07-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Finally, LAL's new starting SG! :bowdown:

GOBB
07-15-2012, 04:51 PM
4yrs $22mil? Thats it? Wow. Hold the Mayo like a motherf&cker.

d.bball.guy
07-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Where did this "source" get his info?

BlackVVaves
07-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Nice sauces.

longtime lurker
07-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Is there an organization more swagged out than the Lakers? Dwight you idiot this why you should be open to playing in LA. Lakers want to win at all costs.

Godzuki
07-15-2012, 04:57 PM
goddamn the lakers are always working the best trades every time you hear about trade talks. every damn time they're trying to pull some steal or value move. its ridiculous how often they're pulling this crap :mad:

Umad101
07-15-2012, 04:58 PM
goddamn the lakers are always working the best trades every time you hear about trade talks. every damn time they're trying to pull some steal or value move. its ridiculous how often they're pulling this crap :mad:
Ya don't u just luv it

TMT
07-15-2012, 04:59 PM

:oldlol: Not to mention with the Grizzles again.

I think Mayo would be a hell of a sixth man for them. If he decides not to pursue all the money he can get in Phoenix that is.

Batz
07-15-2012, 04:59 PM
How gullible are you guys? :facepalm

Where did this "source" get his info?
Made it up. Go on any Lakers forum with a thread regarding OJ Mayo. They're all suggesting Blake+Mcbob for Mayo. I believe that's where this Wise fellow got it from.

ncrizzle
07-15-2012, 05:00 PM
http://philosophistry.com/archives/scans/2010/lol-face.jpg

Why the **** would the grizz do this? They have a good deep front court and 4 pgs already on the team. We are already almost 5 million into the luxury tax. This report is very fake. I hope lakers fans arent thinking this is going to happen. There is no reason they would even consider doing this. They already resigned Darell Arthur and Mo Speights, then picked up Jared Bayless.

Center:Gasol/Speights/ Haddadi ( if we do sign)

PF:Randolph/ Arthur/ Cunningham

PG: Conley/Bayless/ Wroten / Selby

d.bball.guy
07-15-2012, 05:01 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1005/try-shitto-hotly-spiced-pepper-sauce-try-shitto-hotly-spiced-demotivational-poster-1273635368.jpg

AMISTILLILL
07-15-2012, 05:01 PM
They're also trying to trade Darius Morris for a hot tub time machine, in order to bring '91 Michael Jordan to the Lakers.

Rowe
07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
You guys are right. I didn't notice that this was a fake source. My bad.

DuMa
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Mayo doesnt want to be a backup anymore.

Umad101
:sleeping
You guys are right. I didn't notice that this was a fake source. My bad.

Heavincent
I wish people understood that many reporters (even the well known ones) often make shit up. Hell, look at Chris Broussard. I honestly don't believe he has any inside sources at all. Same with a lot of reporters from ESPN.

This isn't necessarily directed at the OP. Just my general annoyance with these stupid reporters that make shit up and claim to have inside sources.

Rowe
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
:sleeping

Yeah I ****ed up. I saw it had been retweeted multiple times and just quoted the original source.

Rekindled
07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Mayo doesnt want to be a backup anymore.

quote? im sure he will be fine backing up kobe tho

ncrizzle
07-15-2012, 05:13 PM
quote? im sure he will be fine backing up kobe tho

The only way he backs up Kobe is if the Lakers sign him at 3yrs/21mill. You guys are stuck with the white guys

PejaNowitzki
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Why the **** would the Grizzlies want some random trash from the Lakers? Why would Mayo take about 3 mil less per year to play a marginal role in LA when he can be a starter in Phoenix or Dallas.

rawimpact
07-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah I ****ed up. I saw it had been retweeted multiple times and just quoted the original source.

change the ****ing title then dumb****

TexasBloodMoney
07-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Why the **** would the Grizzlies want some random trash from the Lakers? Why would Mayo take about 3 mil less per year to play a marginal role in LA when he can be a starter in Phoenix or Dallas.

Hey hey hey......Every team is supposed to help stack the lakers roster. Even though Mayo is unrestricted, Memphis should take LA's trash just to help Kobe get another ring. This is how the nba works.

BlackVVaves
07-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey hey hey......Every team is supposed to help stack the lakers roster. Even though Mayo is unrestricted, Memphis should take LA's trash just to help Kobe get another ring. This is how the nba works.

For the sake of playing devil's advocate, is it not better to complete a sign and trade and receive something in return, than lose him for nothing?

Everyone is quick to call players trash when they aren't household names and involved in trade talks that appear lop-sided, including myself. Especially when involving the Lakers.

Yet, we don't take the time to actually research if a team values that "trash."

The Grizzlies were interested in McRoberts since the 2010-2011 season when they attempted to acquire him from the Pacers in a trade.

Guess what the proposed trade was?

Mayo for McRoberts.

But why would the Grizzlies want the Lakers' "trash," right?

The trade was on the cusp of reality until the third team involved, the Hornets, reportedly pulled out. Surely for "basketball reasons."

Last off-season, in December, the Grizzlies AGAIN attempted to attain the "trash" known as Josh McRoberts. Again, they offered Mayo for Mcroberts, as well as Rush, in what would be a sign and trade deal with the Pacers. But, trade talks broke down and the Lakers beat them to the punch, signing the unrestricted free agent "trash."

This source is still terrible, and Mayo will still likely ask for more money than the Lakers would be able to accommodate. But let's not jump the gun and call Lakers fans entitled idiots for believing in this trade rumor. Because, as I layed out, it would be very well within the walls of reason to place faith in the fact that the Grizzlies want McRoberts, for whatever reason that they do and have. Throw Blake in as a consolation prize, and I'd be compelled to believe that if it wasn't for the Lakers' financial barriers, this trade actually could take place, to both teams' satisfaction.

The more you know ...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-15-2012, 11:20 PM

FCUK OFF ...Lakers sent 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks...to get Steve Nash who was UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT

which team has helped the lakers to stack up? Gasol was traded for Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010.

TexasBloodMoney
07-15-2012, 11:41 PM
For the sake of playing devil's advocate, is it not better to complete a sign and trade and receive something in return, than lose him for nothing?

Everyone is quick to call players trash when they aren't household names and involved in trade talks that appear lop-sided, including myself. Especially when involving the Lakers.

Yet, we don't take the time to actually research if a team values that "trash."

The Grizzlies were interested in McRoberts since the 2010-2011 season when they attempted to acquire him from the Pacers in a trade.

Guess what the proposed trade was?

Mayo for McRoberts.

But why would the Grizzlies want the Lakers' "trash," right?

The trade was on the cusp of reality until the third team involved, the Hornets, reportedly pulled out. Surely for "basketball reasons."

Last off-season, in December, the Grizzlies AGAIN attempted to attain the "trash" known as Josh McRoberts. Again, they offered Mayo for Mcroberts, as well as Rush, in what would be a sign and trade deal with the Pacers. But, trade talks broke down and the Lakers beat them to the punch, signing the unrestricted free agent "trash."

This source is still terrible, and Mayo will still likely ask for more money than the Lakers would be able to accommodate. But let's not jump the gun and call Lakers fans entitled idiots for believing in this trade rumor. Because, as I layed out, it would be very well within the walls of reason to place faith in the fact that the Grizzlies want McRoberts, for whatever reason that they do and have. Throw Blake in as a consolation prize, and I'd be compelled to believe that if it wasn't for the Lakers' financial barriers, this trade actually could take place, to both teams' satisfaction.

The more you know ...

The Grizzlies already have 3 PGs and 4-5 Forwards. Exactly why do they need these studs known as McRoberts and the legendary Steve Blake? Memphis is already wayyyy above the cap and I doubt they would wanna pay luxury for TRASH players. If they weren't TRASH players, laker fans wouldnt whine about having a terrible bench.

BlackVVaves
07-16-2012, 12:08 AM
The Grizzlies already have 3 PGs and 4-5 Forwards. Exactly why do they need these studs known as McRoberts and the legendary Steve Blake? Memphis is already wayyyy above the cap and I doubt they would wanna pay luxury for TRASH players. If they weren't TRASH players, laker fans wouldnt whine about having a terrible bench.

Since they are such "TRASH" players, then why did the Grizzlies make 2-3 failed attempts to acquire McRoberts? They just like fondling "TRASH" players in their spare time, huh? I provided insight based on well documented and recent past events. You provide misplaced satire and the the number of forwards and point guards the Grizzlies currently have (as if no team has ever waived or sent unnecessary players to their D-League team). What does that have to do with what I stated, which was that the Grizzlies clearly have been interested in McRoberts for two seasons now, and so making it seem as if there is no logic what so ever behind this trade rumor is an erroneous point of view? I even said it likely won't happen based on financial capabilities.

It doesn't take Lakers fans' whining to illustrate they have a terrible bench. Worst scoring bench in the league last year. What does that have to do with, as I said in my post, a team's perceived value of a player?

Some of you fans of other teams are as insecure as a rapper's wife during during tour :oldlol: Do you think getting pissy on a message board at a team that historically just makes the right moves to attain championships is really going to change that fact?

Lakers fans are annoying as **** for feeling overly entitled to every player that can dribble and chew gum simultaneously. But you posters that immediately get pissed off at every Laker trade rumor are equally annoying, and more sad than anything else.

For christ's sake, the Grizzlies tried to make this same exact trade with the Pacers on two separate occasions. But because it involves the Lakers, suddenly it's an unrealistic trade idea constructed from the whims of delusional Laker fans. Again, the same trade that the Grizzlies pursued twice.

Mayo will not be a Laker. But, it's not because of this "trash" involved. It's because Mayo would likely not sign for that far under his trade value.

TexasBloodMoney
07-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Since they are such "TRASH" players, then why did the Grizzlies make 2-3 failed attempts to acquire McRoberts? They just like fondling "TRASH" players in their spare time, huh? I provided insight based on well documented and recent past events. You provide misplaced satire and the the number of forwards and point guards the Grizzlies currently have (as if no team has ever waived or sent unnecessary players to their D-League team). What does that have to do with what I stated, which was that the Grizzlies clearly have been interested in McRoberts for two seasons now, and so making it seem as if there is no logic what so ever behind this trade rumor is an erroneous point of view? I even said it likely won't happen based on financial capabilities.

It doesn't take Lakers fans' whining to illustrate they have a terrible bench. Worst scoring bench in the league last year. What does that have to do with, as I said in my post, a team's perceived value of a player?

Some of you fans of other teams are as insecure as a rapper's wife during during tour :oldlol: Do you think getting pissy on a message board at a team that historically just makes the right moves to attain championships is really going to change that fact?

Lakers fans are annoying as **** for feeling overly entitled to every player that can dribble and chew gum simultaneously. But you posters that immediately get pissed off at every Laker trade rumor are equally annoying, and more sad than anything else.

For christ's sake, the Grizzlies tried to make this same exact trade with the Pacers on two separate occasions. But because it involves the Lakers, suddenly it's an unrealistic trade idea constructed from the whims of delusional Laker fans. Again, the same trade that the Grizzlies pursued twice.

Mayo will not be a Laker. But, it's not because of this "trash" involved. It's because Mayo would likely not sign for that far under his trade value.

Insecure? You're talking about rumors from 2 seasons ago.....Defending Josh McRoberts.......Im pretty sure the Grizzlies are just fine with Speights and Bayless.

stalf
07-16-2012, 12:26 AM
if somehow the lakers dumb mcroberts and mwp > mayo, then wow.
only saying that cause it seems like something the lakers could pull off

BlackVVaves
07-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Insecure? You're talking about rumors from 2 seasons ago.....Defending Josh McRoberts.......Im pretty sure the Grizzlies are just fine with Speights and Bayless.

How about, 6 months ago? And, how about not rumors, but actual failed negotiations?

I'm pretty sure you're a member of the Grizzlies front office, and know exactly what their objectives are and the value they place on players.

Oh wait.

zac
07-16-2012, 12:31 AM
This. I love people in here acting like they know what the Grizzlies need based of of trades that didn't happen with different rosters. Grizzlies already have Conley, Bayless, Selby, Wroten, and Pargo who can all play PG, they also have Speights, Arthur, Cunningham, Randolph, and Gasol as their signed bigs. If anything they want a 3pt threat that is a SF or at least a decent sized SG but Hollins already said he'd rather have full on basketball players rather than just a shooter. No to mention that they only have a $1.2mil trade exception so they can't absorb those contracts even if they did (which they don't) want Blake and McRoberts. Grizzlies also have a pure PG on their summer league team they are interested in that they could sign for al,ost nothing and that's only if they don't trade or cut Pargo.

BlackVVaves
07-16-2012, 12:38 AM
This. I love people in here acting like they know what the Grizzlies need based of of trades that didn't happen with different rosters. Grizzlies already have Conley, Bayless, Selby, Wroten, and Pargo who can all play PG, they also have Speights, Arthur, Cunningham, Randolph, and Gasol as their signed bigs. If anything they want a 3pt threat that is a SF or at least a decent sized SG but Hollins already said he'd rather have full on basketball players rather than just a shooter. No to mention that they only have a $1.2mil trade exception so they can't absorb those contracts even if they did (which they don't) want Blake and McRoberts. Grizzlies also have a pure PG on their summer league team they are interested in that they could sign for al,ost nothing and that's only if they don't trade or cut Pargo.

You being a Grizzlies fan, I can accept your knowledge of the situation, especially since I don't follow the team closely.

But, again, to say this trade rumor is just the frame of a Lakers pipe dream is wrong. The Grizzlies just attempted to trade Mayo for McRoberts 6 months ago. New roster or not, my point was, and still is, that they have exhibited consistent interest (for, again, whatever reason) in McRoberts.

Kiddlovesnets
07-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Lakers are slowly rebuilding the Kobe-Shaq combo with the expectation falling on Andrew Bynum and OJ Mayo.
:rockon:

zac
07-16-2012, 12:48 AM
You being a Grizzlies fan, I can accept your knowledge of the situation, especially since I don't follow the team closely.

But, again, to say this trade rumor is just the frame of a Lakers pipe dream is wrong. The Grizzlies just attempted to trade Mayo for McRoberts 6 months ago. New roster or not, my point was, and still is, that they have exhibited consistent interest (for, again, whatever reason) in McRoberts.
That was during a time when the Grizzlies weren't as solid in their back up bigs. That was also before McRoberts proved he was useless on a good team. The Grizzlies started last season with Brian Skinner and Josh Davis on their team as back up bigs. Google that and it will blow your mind. They also lost Arthur before the season started as well as Randolph like 6 games in.

ncrizzle
07-16-2012, 02:10 AM

Darell Arthur being inured is a reason we were interested. Also, as we knew oj was wanting a big pay day and wouldnt be on the team this year, we figured might as well dump him while he has some value and fill a need. OJ is looking for around 8 million this contract. He made less than half of that when the trade talks were on. We signed Mo speights and Dante Cunningham after the trade talks. We filled our need, and now Arthur is going to be playing. We signed Jared Bayless for backup point and our first round pick Tony Wroten is a pg. OJ is looking for big money which we definately would not do as a sign and trade. We are already almost 5 mill in the tax. You think we are about to add possibly 8 million dollars? Alot has changed in 6 months.

http://www.lolbrary.com/*******/807/deal-with-it-3807.jpg

xoneatom
07-16-2012, 02:17 AM
ain't ganna believe it till it happens cause if you guys haven't noticed, most of trades that mitch kupchak does are always out of nowhere, rarely ever leaked or heard of before it happens.

willds09
07-16-2012, 10:14 AM
mayo shud come to tha knicks :cheers:

AMISTILLILL
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Why is this thread even still around? You've still got people coming in here who think this was a legitimate story. Mods too busy taking the day off to jay off, per usual.

ncrizzle
07-16-2012, 01:38 PM
OJ is asking for 10mill a year
http://www.straightouttavancouver.com/2012/7/16/3162282/o-j-mayo-wants-10-million-per-season-so-how-u

R.I.P.
07-16-2012, 01:43 PM
OJ is asking for 10mill a year
http://www.straightouttavancouver.com/2012/7/16/3162282/o-j-mayo-wants-10-million-per-season-so-how-u

Well he

AirTupac
07-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Financially, he would be an idiot to come to the Lakers; would love him, but I don't see it happening. However, if he came here for a little while, Kobe and Nash could sure teach him a thing or two that would greatly benefit him.